Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Mr. & Mrs. Schwartz, Take Two

• Start Topic

Raquel told the truth when she said sober sex was better.  She implied that James was often impotent.

I said before that everyone drinks too much to be having much sex.

IIRC, last time it was mentioned as going on it was Jax and Brittany.  Trying to win her back, he was wooing her for morning and afternoon sex.  That was a year ago.

maybe Stassi is getting it (but he drinks as well).  Kristin is always getting it.  Her men have no choice.  Woman’s a tiger.  IMHO, of course.

• LOL 2

I would like to find out that Karrah did not actually have sex with Max. That someone told her she resembles Scheana on VPR. She agreed to interview for a job in LVP’s new restaurant, appear on the show and act this way just as a dare/joke. Otherwise, it is just too, too sad and pathetic. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7

I know that several people have said that the Vanderpump Gardens in Vegas is a failure but why does Caesar’s Palace still want to be in business with LVP? Why would they dedicate a suite with her brand? They are in the business of making money so they must see something in it for them or they wouldn’t do it. 

• Love 7
On 4/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, glowbug said:

Lisa Vanderpump leaving RHoBH was the worst thing to ever happen to this show. She was always less likable on VPR than she was on RH but we didn't have to see her as much. Also, it feels like the cast members lavished praise on her less in previous seasons or the editors cut more of their praise out. Now that she doesn't have RHoBH she's desperate for screen time and she's making this show worse. And the sucking up the cast members are doing doesn't make me more impressed by her. It makes me like her and them even less. Do they think the audience is buying what they're selling? I seriously want to vomit every time they talk about how amazing or sexy LVP is.

I pretty much hate all of the cast members with the exception of Kristen because I feel so sorry for her. She's clearly hurting and I have this thing called empathy. Stassi and Katie should try it sometime. Again, it's not that they have to stay friends with her or that she's behaved perfectly but the way they're going about breaking things off is so incredibly cruel, it's hard for me not to root for her.

Beau and Stassi may not be the most hateful people or couple on this show but they are the most annoying. Watching them is painful in a totally different way than watching Katie and Shwartz or Jax and Brittany. Those four are competing for the title of Most Odious Couple. I'm not interested in either of their first or second weddings. Jax saying his first wedding was better than Schwartz and Katie's second wedding was just pathetic. Not that it matters, but I thought Schwartz and Katie's first wedding was far better than Jax and Brittany's tacky never-ending only wedding. You can't really compare anyone's second wedding (to the same person or a different person) to another couple who have never been married before, to each other or anyone else.

I strongly dislike all of the new cast members and I hate all of the old ones (except Kristen). I think this show has jumped the shark a few times and if it weren't for this forum and the pandemic I would probably have given up on it a few episodes ago. 

This.  All day long.  LVP has become completely insufferable. I hate all the newbies. That lizard funeral put me right over the edge with this show. And Scheana is the most pitiful creature ever. 

• Love 8

Watched this because what I usually watch that time/day was over. What a waste of time. There is nothing there - I do like LVP, so for that alone I will watch however much is left of the season, but they need to do some SERIOUS re-toolling to make this even remotely likeable! Watching  bunch of sloppy/whorish/nearly40, +40 fat & flabby asshats try to make themselves appealing is not even remotely interesting. How sad is it that Jame and Rachel are the best things on the show?

• Love 4

Scheana clone #2, the great bra switch of 2020, who was that guy holding the little dog, LVP flirting with millenials, 2 year long wedding of The Joker and the ManBoy, repeat wedding of The Bitch and the pathetic Man Boy, twin girl bullies, adults teepeeing a house during a toilet paper shortage due to hoarding . . .

Rest In Peace

. . . still like the theme song

• Love 3
15 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Scheana clone #2, the great bra switch of 2020, who was that guy holding the little dog, LVP flirting with millenials, 2 year long wedding of The Joker and the ManBoy, repeat wedding of The Bitch and the pathetic Man Boy, twin girl bullies, adults teepeeing a house during a toilet paper shortage due to hoarding . . .

Rest In Peace

. . . still like the theme song

To be fair, this was filmed almost a year ago, long before the TP shortage.

• Love 7
On 4/15/2020 at 10:35 PM, SFoster21 said:

Raquel told the truth when she said sober sex was better.  She implied that James was often impotent.

Right after she clarified that she did NOT want to say the sex was bad 😄 

• Love 3
On 4/15/2020 at 1:06 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Do you ever listen to "Sexy Unique Podcast?" They went deep into the Schwartz baby talk in last week's episode.

Thank you for this!!!  The podcast is amazing.  I have been listening to The Margaret Cho which is good (not about reality tv) but this got me walking hours with my dog! I love the host and had no idea it existed. 

• Love 3
On 4/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, snarts said:

My standards must be low because I'm still thoroughly entertained by this show.  

I still like it too, even if it’s sometimes love to hate, but I’m been wondering why it’s been irritating me so much lately, and I don’t have an amazing podcast to offer, but I found this article with Eight Reasons VanderPump Rules Needs to be Rebooted:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/vanderpump-rules-is-awful-now-1234573690/

It’s an average read.  It gets some facts wrong, and I think some of the reasons are far more valid than others, but reason #1 is hugely Illuminative as to why I think people are getting sick of the show, something upon which they touched heavily on Sexy Unique Podcast.

One area in which I strongly disagreed with this article is when they said the show got bad in season five.  The show got much better in season five from the snoozefest that was season four (when there is an arc—not a scene, but an arc of Ken and Lisa worrying in California whether Max has taken his antibiotics in Hawaii—your show has a problem). 

I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a thread about rewatches, and, if so, what would the logistics of that entail, if anyone knows?  (Plz feel free to PM me).  I’m currently re-watching season five, and I’m noticing so many things that are different to me in light of what we know now in season eight.  Are we allowed to talk about seasons 3-7 in the Past Seasons thread, or is it only for seasons that preexisted Primetimer?  Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• Love 4

@LibertarianSlut You can talk about any previous season in the Past Seasons thread. 

Speaking of VPR podcasts, I have never listened to them (well, I did listen to Stassi's podcast for about 6 months to year before it got annoying and stale—I never liked her on the show but I found her somewhat likable on her podcast in the beginning before it got popular and she was allowed back on the show), but I remember that there was one really popular VPR podcast that imploded for some reason and split into two. I never understood what exactly happened because I didn't listen to the original podcast, just read about it here. The drama actually sounded more interesting than whatever was happening on VPR during whatever season that was. Was Sexy Unique Podcast one of the ones that resulted from the implosion? Does anyone remember this or did my COVID-19 brain make it all up?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, glowbug said:

I remember that there was one really popular VPR podcast that imploded for some reason and split into two. I never understood what exactly happened because I didn't listen to the original podcast, just read about it here. The drama actually sounded more interesting than whatever was happening on VPR during whatever season that was. Was Sexy Unique Podcast one of the ones that resulted from the implosion? Does anyone remember this or did my COVID-19 brain make it all up?

Yes, what did happen there?  Did some of the podcasters become friends with the SURvers and didn't want to insult them?  Was Danny Pelligrino involved?

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 10:31 AM, angelamh66 said:

This episode brought to you by Vanderpump Cocktail Garden. Come for the drinks, stay for the lavishing of fake praise on the boss. 

Bwah!

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:57 PM, Kiki777 said:

In Raquel’s defense, maybe there were two cheeseburgers on the menu?  One with cheese and one with raw sewage, and she really really didn’t want to get stuck with the raw sewage one.

Maybe one of them was a mac and cheese burger?

On 4/20/2020 at 3:48 PM, KnoxForPres said:

Thank you for this!!!  The podcast is amazing.

You're welcome - I agree, it is an amazing podcast.

22 hours ago, glowbug said:

Speaking of VPR podcasts, I have never listened to them, but I remember that there was one really popular VPR podcast that imploded for some reason and split into two. I never understood what exactly happened because I didn't listen to the original podcast, just read about it here. The drama actually sounded more interesting than whatever was happening on VPR during whatever season that was. Was Sexy Unique Podcast one of the ones that resulted from the implosion?

Yes, SUP was created from the fallout of that split.

7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yes, what did happen there?  Did some of the podcasters become friends with the SURvers and didn't want to insult them?  Was Danny Pelligrino involved?

Yeah, from what I understand, the male host of the old podcast (I think it was called "Pumped") became friends with several of the cast members and started refusing to make fun of them/criticize them on the podcast - even though that was the original premise of the podcast - and he always took their sides in whatever argument was happening on the show - and Lara (the female host) finally called him out on it on an actual episode, and it was literally the last episode they ever recorded.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yeah, from what I understand, the male host of the old podcast (I think it was called "Pumped") became friends with several of the cast members and started refusing to make fun of them/criticize them on the podcast - even though that was the original premise of the podcast - and he always took their sides in whatever argument was happening on the show - and Lara (the female host) finally called him out on it on an actual episode, and it was literally the last episode they ever recorded.

This reminds me a little bit of the time that Ben and Ronnie from Watch What Crappens completely took Ariana’s brother’s side when the women said that he was rapey, and they had to apologize profusely after all the backlash.  Ben (the one I don’t really like) said it had nothing to do with the fact that they’d just hung out with Ariana the week before, and Ronnie was honest and said having hung out with Ariana totally informed his opinion.  Points for honesty for Ronnie, although too little, too late, especially when you’re that inane.  

Is there any way someone can tell me the episode of SUP when the falling-out happened?  I live and die for these things.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Is there any way someone can tell me the episode of SUP when the falling-out happened?  I live and die for these things.  

Alas, it seems to have been wiped clean off the internet. Believe me, I looked for it!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Alas, it seems to have been wiped clean off the internet. Believe me, I looked for it!

Fuck!   I sort of feel close to Lara bc of the , ahem, normal hours I’ve listened  since learning of the podcast. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Sorry meant to add I am totally down for a rewatch.   We just changed/downgraded  to Youutube tv not sure what will be offered as might be a a downgrade. 

Which brings me to a VPR real life. Guy I’m with now is divorced and his ex is VPRish. 

We were out one night (I live downtown and she does not but  randomly was in same spot) and got in my face and screamed “I have been waiting years for this -you are such a downgrade!”. She’s more of the third tier Villa Blanca never even gets a name on screen but feels Stassi but hell Im 40 now but have never been confronted and I did one thing- I burst into laughter. It was a surprising reaction as I hate confrontation but will never not say “you are such a downgrade” when I get the chance. 

It looks like you might be able to listen to the now deleted Pumped Podcast episode if you subscribe at the $5 level of the SUP on Patreon. I don't know if the link works or not but it might if you're willing to pay $5.

The description of the $5 level says one of the benefits is "Patron-only episodes recapping Seasons 1 & 2 of Vanderpump Rules, as well as old episodes of Pumped Podcast".

https://www.patreon.com/posts/pumped-podcast-3-34995531

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Fuck!   I sort of feel close to Lara bc of the , ahem, normal hours I’ve listened  since learning of the podcast. 

I know what you mean!  I have been keeping super odd hours since the quarantine, and I was so up in arms about Schwartz when this episode aired, that I think I started listening to the podcast where the hosts went in on Tom as soon as I found out about it—around 11:30 pm.  It was so good that I wound up listening to it in bed on headphones while my husband slept until about 4 am lol.

I don’t want to get off topic, so I will just say that now that I know that we can talk about rewatches on the Past Seasons thread, I am up to the back half of season five (which just needs to be renamed Season of Bubba) in a series re-watch, so if anyone wants to discuss those seasons, I’ll be prepared over there.  

I do have to go back to work next week though, so I am so sad to say I won’t be able to be as active on the rewatches as I’ve been.  😭 It’s been so fun!  But I can still listen to podcasts, so I look forward to becoming more and more disillusioned with this show.  By this time next week year, I might not even be watching anymore. 

• Love 1
On 4/23/2020 at 5:04 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I know what you mean!  I have been keeping super odd hours since the quarantine, and I was so up in arms about Schwartz when this episode aired, that I think I started listening to the podcast where the hosts went in on Tom as soon as I found out about it—around 11:30 pm.  It was so good that I wound up listening to it in bed on headphones while my husband slept until about 4 am lol.

I don’t want to get off topic, so I will just say that now that I know that we can talk about rewatches on the Past Seasons thread, I am up to the back half of season five (which just needs to be renamed Season of Bubba) in a series re-watch, so if anyone wants to discuss those seasons, I’ll be prepared over there.  

I do have to go back to work next week though, so I am so sad to say I won’t be able to be as active on the rewatches as I’ve been.  😭 It’s been so fun!  But I can still listen to podcasts, so I look forward to becoming more and more disillusioned with this show.  By this time next week year, I might not even be watching anymore. 

Edited by geej
i am trying to delete this. with no results. sorry....nothing to see, move along(pls)
On 4/22/2020 at 12:09 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

You're welcome - I agree, it is an amazing podcast.

Yes, SUP was created from the fallout of that split.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:42 AM, glowbug said:

@LibertarianSlut You can talk about any previous season in the Past Seasons thread. 

Speaking of VPR podcasts, I have never listened to them (well, I did listen to Stassi's podcast for about 6 months to year before it got annoying and stale—I never liked her on the show but I found her somewhat likable on her podcast in the beginning before it got popular and she was allowed back on the show), but I remember that there was one really popular VPR podcast that imploded for some reason and split into two. I never understood what exactly happened because I didn't listen to the original podcast, just read about it here. The drama actually sounded more interesting than whatever was happening on VPR during whatever season that was. Was Sexy Unique Podcast one of the ones that resulted from the implosion? Does anyone remember this or did my COVID-19 brain make it all up?

Ohhh this is all very interesting—I had no idea. I only started listening to SUP about 3-4 months ago and knew nothing about “Pump’d.” Watch What Crappens and Everything Iconic are still my top Bravo-related podcasts, but I enjoy SUP for some of the deep dives they do into the cast and their relationships with one another. 

Also loving Lara’s other podcast—Tough Sicilian Bitches. That one makes me laugh uproariously! 

17 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Also loving Lara’s other podcast—Tough Sicilian Bitches. That one makes me laugh uproariously! 

I initially misread that name as LaLa and almost rolled my eyes too hard. 

• LOL 1