Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I HATE that Aunt Jordan seems destined to be a very short-term character. I LOVE her! Does  anybody know how to make a meme of her saying “ tick-tock, tick-tock” while her eyebrows waggle up and down?

I predict Clair/Eve will likely kill her to rescue her newly found family, and thus will be welcomed in with open arms.  

This story is too much fun to end so quickly!

• Like 11

I'm not emotionally attached so I found the last couple of days highly entertaining.  My 13 year old self would have loved it. 

My current self finds imaginary Victor calling Nikki "my baby" gross. Does he really do that?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Let's not give up the ship, the Newman jet can still crash on its way back to GC. Which while I'm on the topic of the jet, this is another gaping hole in the storyline. Private jets have to submit passenger manifests, and their itineraries, to arriving destinations and what time their aircraft will be leaving. It's not like a Walmart parking lot, the jet just can't be sitting out there on the runway past the time they said they would depart. In these days of terrorism and drug cartels, Homeland Security and TSA would have been all over the NE jet, and searching for a bunch of random people that were MIA. Also, they were allegedly going to take Nikki to a hospital. The airport where the hospital is would be wondering where this anticipated private jet and its patient were, the ambulance would be waiting. And, the cherry on top of the sundae, would be that the family of the GVN all traveled without one member of the elite NE security team to even carry their bags. Ridiculous. They could have skipped about 30 minutes of today's  show that featured Billy, Nate, and Audra walking around all befuddled and bewildered, while all they really did was bounce off the walls of each others egos, IMO.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3

Let's not give up the ship, the Newman jet can still crash on its way back to GC. Which while I'm on the topic of the jet, this is another gaping hole in the storyline. Private jets have to submit passenger manifests, and their itineraries, to arriving destinations and what time their aircraft will be leaving. It's not like a Walmart parking lot, the jet just can't be sitting out there on the runway past the time they said they would depart. In these days of terrorism and drug cartels, Homeland Security and TSA would have been all over the NE jet, and searching for a bunch of random people that were MIA. Also, they were allegedly going to take Nikki to a hospital. The airport where the hospital is would be wondering where this anticipated private jet and its patient were, the ambulance would be waiting. And, the cherry on top of the sundae, would be that the family of the GVN all traveled without one member of the elite NE security team to even carry their bags. Ridiculous. They could have skipped about 30 minutes of today's  show that featured Billy, Nate, and Audra walking around all befuddled and bewildered, while all they really did was bounce off the walls of each others egos, IMO.

All this. The holes in this storyline are big enough to fly space rockets through. Maybe one of those rockets could drop the head writer off on Neptune.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

JM as Nick is such an ass. And that whole 'fight' scene with Jordan was ridiculous.

Horrifyingly ridiculous.  It looked like a SNL skit.

It was annoying me when Jordan kept referring to Claire as her niece.  Cole is Jordan's nephew.  Claire is her grandniece.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Isn't it a Friday or Saturday evening in GC? Audra shouldn't be at the office.

Aw geez, please tell me self-designated wise old sage Billy isn't going to be the one to figure everything out, again.

Nate has been seeing Victoria for months. Billy was just now concerned about Nate hanging around Kate and Johnny? Boy, bye. You were simply being nosy. (😏) Period.

When this is all over I think Victoria needs to slap Claire into the 4th dimension. Claire may be a Stanford graduate but she sure was slow on the uptake.

Nate definitely put Billy in his place, tee hee. And he was right; I can't think of anyone who should value Billy's opinion on anything.

OMG, was Claire just going stand there looking like a naif while people were dying right in front of her eyes? Aargh!

Victoria gave the poison antidote to two of the men first. WTAF. I don't see why their lives were more important than hers. 😡

How did Nick know the exact address of the house to give to 9-1-1?

I dunno, I'm not so sure Jordan's wackadoodle story about switching babies is false. There needs to be DNA tests run on Claire, Victoria, and Cole, and soon because Claire's probably facing an extended stay behind bars.

Billy said Jill was far more vicious than Victor. Ehhh, Jill has her occasional moments but I gotta give the cruel and merciless award to Victor, for all eternity. 🫤

Audra told Nate she facilitates, she negotiates, she cultivates, she disseminates, she dominates, and she looks good doing it. Whoo, Y&R should put her brag to music and hire Sabrina Carpenter to sing it. Instant bop.

Countdown until Aunt Jordan pops up in GC. I give it a week, tops.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I didn’t think the acting was horrible, esp since they were playing people who were drugged, drunk and/or hit on the head with a hammer. 

But what really bothered me was that Victor and Nick had to be heroes, didn’t they?  Are we supposed to swoon over a drugged Victor still being strong enough to take down Jordan?  Or Nick, with a knife wound to the abdomen and losing blood profusely, to walk over to his phone to call 911 (instead of, you know, asking Victoria to call).   What manly men!!!!

The other thing that bothers me with this storyline is I think this is the shiny object they’re dangling at us to make us forget how screwed up and idiotic Victors feigned dementia plan was.  

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

My current self finds imaginary Victor calling Nikki "my baby" gross. Does he really do that?

Are you asking if EB ad libs that, or if that's what's actually in the script, because either way, I think it makes them sound like Ma and Pa Newman.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, boes said:

Most people would be on their knees, thanking the Universe that they were spared Grandma Snoots, Grampire Victor, Uncle Load-in-his-pants and Mommy Morticia

I would exempt Daddy Cole from that bunch.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There needs to be DNA tests run on Claire, Victoria, and Cole

If only to lay the matter to rest.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Countdown until Aunt Jordan pops up in GC. I give it a week, tops.

Well, they already had one character who hid in the walls of the Newman Manse - was it JT? - so why not have Aunt Jordan do the same thing.

Darn it, Claire had to go and save the Newmans, didn't she - let's hope she doesn't waste too many years waiting for them to thank her for it, or for Victoria to provide DNA to settle the question of is she a Newman.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

The proof is now in the pudding that Aunt Jordan is Eve Howard’s sister. They are both an ounce short of a pint. 

I’ve always wondered how many times a soap opera scene needs to be done before the final take is in the “can”.  I thought about this a little more today when Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 was begging Claire to help them and call an ambulance. I was wondering how many times Claire laughed in Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸’s face as she was trying to be pathetic.  On the other hand, Smugly Smug Smug and Nostrils can do their scene in on take because they are natural smug pompous ass holes. Instead of a pissing match, they are having a smug off.  Can any of these idiots realize that there might not be good cell reception where they are in Oregon.  (Traveling by Blue Lake on the way to Mt Hood, my AT&T cell reception was very spotty). 

Is Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 going to keep her promise and try to help Claire?  I don’t think so but the least they can do is to give Claire a DNA test to make sure she’s not Eve.

Like Tara, Claire is going to be sent off to jail never to be heard from again.  What a bummer.  Both of them were very likable flies in the ointment.  

I have to disagree with Victor calling Claire crazy. Her Aunt Jordan raised her to hate the Newmans much like Miss Havisham raised Estella to take revenge on men.  I have to give Claire empathy though, because her misguided wrath was directed at the Newmans.  One other thing is that none of Victor’s children is without their own issues and malfunctions due to how they were raised. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I can't find it again to post, but I saw on Twitter a photo of Jordan, Claire & Michael smiling goofily in front of some prison bars. I'd LOVE to get a juicy trial but we all know how that goes. It will either be off camera or they will get slaps on the wrist in a judge's office a la Phyllis.

Also, if Claire really does turn out to be her and the character stays...would they change her name to Eve or leave it? I mean, Adam was originally Victor Jr. And Chance was Little Phillip. Oh I would love it if someone called him Phillip one day.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I’ve always wondered how many times a soap opera scene needs to be done before the final take is in the “can”.

These days? One and done. There's no money in the budget for multiple takes.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So… are you all telling me Nick didn’t die? Asking for a - no, it’s me. I want to know.

Well, he's no deader than usual, though his "acting" is certainly deadlier.  I don't think Josh Griffith was going for laughs, but that's what he got out of me.  NIck, lurching from side to side, down the stairs, holding his gut then sorta slide falling to the ground while Cole screamed, "Nick, Nick" was pretty funny.  Then he laid there with his usual empty glare while Cole held a coat against his wound, Victoria wept over him and Nick gave yet another performance that will live for the ages.  The only thing missing were Moe, Curly and Joe turning up as the medics.  

Victor is no longer an action figure.  Him stumbling down the hallway into Nikki's room and then his "fight" with Aunt Jordan had all the drama of a fight in the check-out line at a Ross Dress For Less Senior Discount Tuesday sale.  

My favorite was when Nick lurched across the room to the desk for what turned out to be his cell phone.  I was positive he ran over there because thought that's where Aunt Jordan hides the extra Kit Kats.  Nick holding his gut is thirsty work these days.

Nice to see J. Eddie Peck but it seems his soap acting skills have gotten a bit rusty.  Though not as rusty as Victoria trying to exude human emotions.  

I hope there's more to come, some sort of interesting twist because right now this storyline is just about as riveting as Ashland Locke's last stand.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Are you asking if EB ad libs that, or if that's what's actually in the script, because either way, I think it makes them sound like Ma and Pa Newman.

No, just asking if I have that to look forward to on a regular basis. Though if they let him ad lib that...🤢

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So all this buildup and it’s over in a couple episodes? Nikki kidnapped, everyone poisoned and poof, done. Sure Jordan will pop up to “menace” them again, I’m sure. But beyond that, what? Really, this was the grand plan? 

No words. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3

Cheer up, folks! We can still anticipate how this asshole family will blame Adam for everything. And we’ll always be able to cherish the tender memories of Victor and his idiot son wrasslin’ a woman. I understand there’s also an unearned victory lap ahead for Buttbiscuit. There’s always a silver lining!

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

I feel ROBBED. I was looking forward to a Newman fatality.i should have known better… not even one nice thing.

Yeah, so much potential here for a really great story, and JG effs it up AGAIN.  It's over before it gets started.  Yes, Aunt Jordan is still out there somewhere, but so are Stitch and his loon of a son.

If Claire isn't Baby Eve, then what was the point of this?  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Oh dear, Hal Munson would be SO disappointed in Barbara's behavior today....

Vic & Cole's slow syncronized crabwalk across the front of the sofa made me scream with laughter !!  I scared my Cat. Monty Python, indeed. Twas a good thing the plot was completed in the one episode. The cast could not have sustained that level of comedy for long. 

Is CZ gonna pop up as a "Sheila" clone, tormenting the Newmans from AC vents for years ?? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 18

Why was it up to a stabbed injured Nick to crawl across the room to get to his phone? 

Actually I don't think his injury could have been that bad. He had on a thick over shirt which was slashed . Its not like she did a head on stabbing a la Psycho.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Cheer up, folks! We can still anticipate how this asshole family will blame Adam for everything.

Of course. Poor Victor, Nikki, Victoria, and Nick had spent weeks forced to try to trick Adam into shipping Victor off to a funny farm. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten distracted and fallen for Claire's ruse. Darned Adam! (😉)

Frankly I'm kind of hoping uncle Adam takes Claire under his wing, and at least hires a good defense attorney for her. He knows what it's like to be a member of that cult family yet be treated like an outsider. (I'm guessing Claire will be extradited from OR to GC for a trial.)

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Well, I'm back from beautiful Seattle!  Sat down last night to speed watch the episodes I'd missed and will probably need to have my brain massaged back into rational thinking today.  What an incredibly stupid story and the acting was ridiculous!  I ff'd over anything Adam/Sally (who the fuck cares already), Heather/Daniel  and Summer's concern about the vibe, and Audra/Nate with the unknown job offer.  Totally uninterested, Show.

Did have some rant on the rest:

1.  Oregon law enforcement should sue the shit out of Y&R for misrepresentation.  No one, I don't care how back woods you think Oregon is, only sends two cops to a possible stabbing and multiple poisoning and kidnapping.  The place would have been surrounded by state cops, local cops, and the FBI would have been on its way.  Nor would they have left the place unsecured when everyone is screaming that the MainBrain behind the whole mess is still loose!  In the house!*  
  2. Nick lying around in the smallest pool of blood ever for a stabbing (and did he put the coat on after it was supposedly staunching the blood? eww) and then SITTING in a chair to have a box of gauze (ok, two boxes of gauze) wrapped around his pot belly !??! The EMTs would have had him on a guerny first and under a thermal blanket.  Worst medical triage scene ever.
  3. Have I mentioned the disarmament scene between Auntie Jordan and Viktor?  I had to rewind three times because I blinked and missed it.  It took longer for Vik and Baby to shuffle away.
  4. WTF?  Who keeps the antidote for the FATAL poison you are administering in two different places? Claire's "I think I know where she keeps some more" was as casual as if she were going to get another bottle of wine.
  5. I can do without Auhntie Blame.  Pick a lane, bitch.  Is it about family or the corporation?  She may not be in cahoots with Tucker anymore, but she sure as shit doesn't care about her family members unless their name is Nate.  When she forcefully corrected Lily I wanted to shove a (very dirty) gym sock down her maw.

*I'd also check the ambulance driver since I've seen Silence of the Lambs.  You never know.

Hey, it's good to be back.  And I enjoyed everyone's comments while I was gone.  Good snark!

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3

Where the hell did Ashley get those ear bobs she was sporting and flinging all around her head today?Looked to me like she'd found some long lost CD's she didn't listen to anymore, and spray painted them gold!

• LOL 11

Okay, please don’t throw banana peels at me but I LOVED this storyline. First off there was no Phyllis. In fact there should be a new product called Nophyllis. Viewers can spray it and she disappears from any scenes she was supposed to be in. 
Secondly, turns out I don’t mind the Newman’s all that much when they are poisoned. Who knew?  
I also enjoyed how the Oregon police don’t give a fuck where a crazed kidnapper with poison (but to be fair also with antidotes) is. 
Finally, back home in the coffee shop, I thoroughly admired the dream team of Billy, Nate and Audra not trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together but rather trying to open the box that the puzzle is in. 
I think Aunt Jordan should kidnap a new group of GC residents every month!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Kudos for your post MollyB!

I was also going to suggest the police sue the show. I watch OP Live and this is not how scenes like this go down. Utterly ridiculous.  And I still can't get over them having locks on the outside of the house.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

What the f*** was that was that with Tucker in the Paris flashback? That was totally abusive and a 180 degree turn from what the character has ever been. He's a smarmy cad, but not verbally abusive. Even when he was Stephen Nichols he was mostly just a jerk. Wrong move JG. Wrong move.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, lgprimes said:

I feel ROBBED. I was looking forward to a Newman fatality.i should have known better… not even one nice thing.

We lost John and Colleen. We're owed at least one Newman death.

Edited by babyhouseman
  • Like 3
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 3

Holy oranges in tube socks, Batman! I think Ashley could've used a better bra under that bodycon dress. Or a bra.

Diane and Jack were still treating Kyle like he's a child and hasn't ever held a job before. It's as if Kyle never was co-CEO of Jabot and then CEO of Marchetti. WTH.

So did Billy not receive the group text about the electrical issues at the Jabot building? That means he could've gone to the office none the wiser, plugged in his phone recharger, and gotten electrocuted. Instant promotion for Kyle! 😏

Nah, Kyle, you're the one with no clue. Tucker is working you like the rusty tool you are.

Flashback Friday came early this week. Meh.

Dang, FlashbackTucker WENT AWF, out there screaming and smashing stuff. I'm surprised the cafe didn't call the gendarmes on him.

Summer was in their house and Diane and Kyle didn't even know. Seemed kind of rude on Summer's part to me. She truly does take after her mommy.

"Poker is not gambling." Billy, that is exactly what a gambling addict would say. Tucker wasn't trying to hide his tells because he's not playing poker, you idiot. More like the expert level of sudoku. 🤠

Billy is really good at provoking Jack's anger. All he has to do is mention Tucker and Ashley or Tucker and Kyle and Jackie starts foaming at the mouth.

IMO Diane seriously needs to stop trying to get Summer and Kyle back together. It's likely going to be a bad time for her when Chance enters Summer's frame for reals. (Grandma Not Dead Yet can also STFU on my girl Audra. Grrr.)

Tucker offered Kyle a muffin stump. Is that really a thing, or had Tucker pulled an Elaine Benes and already eaten the tops, lol?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

All this quibbling about job titles is really just much to do about nothing.  The COO is just as important, to a corporation, as a CEO. The CEO is at risk if he doesn’t have a good COO. I was  CFO and the CEO told me that I was his protector in making decisions that actually benefited the company and kept him from being blindsided.  The same goes for Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸.  She was only demoted in her mind because she was not calling all the shots anymore. The NE dynamic doesn’t need a Co-CEO because either Victor or Grouco🥸🥸🥸🥸 is the ultimate authority.  In a Co-CEO dynamic, they both discuss what’s best for the company and come up with a beneficial solution. 

Has anyone else noticed that when Nostrils tries to match wits with someone, it only proves more and more that he’s a dimwit.  Nostrils is so weak minded that the Jedi mind trick works on him all the time.  

Are flashbacks the new norm for Y&R. They seem to be a new character in GC that appears on a daily basis. I think flashback should be included in the opening credits.  

If Nostrils is such an amazing poker player, how did he loose the Jaboat to a sexy young lady. Maybe he was looking at her cleavage instead of her hands.  Nostrils you are an idiot. Highly skilled professional poker players will make sure they don’t have any tells.  Tucker is a highly skilled 🐂💩 artist so he wouldn’t have any tells.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

What the f*** was that was that with Tucker in the Paris flashback? That was totally abusive and a 180 degree turn from what the character has ever been. He's a smarmy cad, but not verbally abusive.

I think the last time we saw a Paris scene with Ashley and Tucker it seemed more like he was the abused party, at least verbally. I'm wondering if this is a classic "she said, he said" situation and we'll never know for sure which one is telling the real truth.

• Like 2
  • Useful 10
On 11/29/2023 at 12:32 PM, lgprimes said:

Does he really do that?

I think they let EB ad lib these little endearments rather than having it written into the script - I've noticed that he uses a lot of endearments with HRH, the Crown Princess Victoria, as well.

On 11/29/2023 at 3:52 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

was Claire just going stand there looking like a naif while people were dying right in front of her eyes?

They weren't people, they were Newmans, a family of jackals in human form - except for Cole, that is, so it would have been fine with me if she spared his life

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I still can't get over them having locks on the outside of the house.

I'm guessing that Aunt Jordan and Claire new the location of a secret exit to the outside, because if the house caught on fire, how would they have gotten out - I don't remember how the cops and EMTs got inside, what with the doors and windows being locked from the outside.

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Tucker is a highly skilled 🐂💩

It takes me far too long to translate those emojis into English, mainly, I think, because the bull emoji looks like a pig to me at first - is there a turd emoji that doesn't have a face on it?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, pvandal said:

What the f*** was that was that with Tucker in the Paris flashback?

I don't like psycho Tucker at all, and I'm angry with the show for showing him that way because I think it's nothing less than a cheap, sensationalist, shot - - and the Ashley that's been written into this show would never have cowered when Tucker started spewing his venom at her, she would have stood up on her own two legs and sent him flying two streets over, and then left the cafe bill for him to pay.

• Like 2
  • Applause 11
  • Love 3

I don't think I know anyone who would react well if their spouse told them, on their honeymoon, "Ya' know all those big plans we made before we got married, well I've decided to go back on them and have things my way - - don't you just love Paris."

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I FF's through about two-thirds of today's show, but what I catch was:

1. Kyle and Diane plotting strategy in their secret war to defeat Tucker

2. The flash-back of Psycho Tucker raging at Ashley in a Parisienne cafe and Abby cowering in fear

3. Clueless Princess Abby playing at being her mother's advisor

4. Tucker knocking Kyle back across the line he was trying to cross

5. Summer walking in on Diane and Kyle once again plotting strategy in their secret war to defeat Tucker

What I didn't catch, surprise, surprise, was anyone, other than background characters, actually working at a job

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm wondering if this is a classic "she said, he said" situation

Genoa City's own version of Rashomon - I wonder how the waiter and other patrons in the cafe would individually describe the Tucker vs Ashley bout they witnessed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

The thing I would like to know is whether either Ashley or Tucker have filed for divorce? If Ashley hasn't, Tucker could be in for everything she owns, if she suddenly popped her clogs, and vice versa. Given that Ashley did a 180 degree reversal of the terms Tucker believed their marriage would be conducted by (like almost 24 hours after their nuptials) he might even have criteria for an annulment. It seems rather strange to me that these 2 masters of the universe, portrayed as being so business savvy, would leave such a critical matter at loose ends. Oh, that's right, JG is writing the scripts. My bad. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I think you’ll appreciate this. Today, I rolled up on Crimson Lights, being a connoisseur of scones and that essential building block of life, the coffee bean. I had the good fortune to do a little ship watching as well, as a twin behemoth booger barge was docked next to the coffee stirrers. The captain, a dissipated, donkey faced lout, attempted to engage me in a battle of wits despite being armed with a rhetorical rapier honed to the lethal sharpness of a bowling ball. Pointing out that I have no job might be a clever jab, if I wasn’t rich as fuck and free to troll all day all night. The pinnacle of our interaction was his scanning me like an x-ray machine, clearly seeking to read my body language even though he’s people-illiterate. God, it was peak cringe, like this mofo really thought he was some hot shit government agent profiling an unsub. I had yet to imbibe caffeine, so I was able to keep very still as he lobbed his verbal popcorn farts at me. TL:DR, I’m going to turn Kyle upside down and mop Jabot’s floor with his chemically frozen pompadour. Oh yeah, what do you do when some cheese dick assassinates your character in a flashback?

Signed;

Tucker McCall, Dunking on Douchebags 

Dear Tucker;

You fool. There is no fighting the flashback. The insidious thing about this narrative device is that it is completely out of your control and usually scripted by a profoundly untalented soul who hasn’t had an original thought since 1982. It’s bad enough when flashbacks show us something that just happened a few days ago, flashbacks to shit no one saw the first time can be used to rewrite history and retcon storylines. Like nostrils forbid an hour per day be filled with fresh material. Speaking of fresh, I don’t want to hear any more back sass out of you, mister. I quickly deduced that you were putting on a front today and immediately adjusted my vision to see what you had cooking on the subconscious spectrum. Underestimate me at your peril, sir. I am a poker player of unparalleled talents, a gambler with a heart of gold, a fearless desperado who philosophizes about gambling like a rube who’s never done it before. You know you’re using Kyle like a burning bag of dogshit to be left on Jabot’s doorstep. I know you’re using Kyle like a burning bag of dogshit to be left on Jabot’s doorstep. My brother, on the other hand, looks at the preening douchebag he created and refuses to see that Kyle is basically a whoopee cushion destined to rip one under his scrawny ass. My nephew is incompetent enough to blow up in both your and Jack’s faces while I laugh and laugh. Good luck with that!

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

It’s bad enough when flashbacks show us something that just happened a few days ago, flashbacks to shit no one saw the first time can be used to rewrite history and retcon storylines.

Say it louder so the people in the back can hear.

I know the term "gaslighting" gets tossed around too much now, and usually inaccurately. However, what is it when we're told we're seeing a flashback but the scene has never been shown before? The average viewer probably sits there thinking their memory is going bad. No wonder Y&R has ads for Prevagen and Neuriva running nonstop. 😵‍💫

I don't mind retcons as long as the writers are reasonably upfront about what they're doing. JG's flashbacks are something more pernicious I think. At best, they're an artsy-fartsy use of the sepia-toned styling which will probably earn Y&R an undeserved Daytime Emmy.  At worst, the audience is being trained to accept whatever they see, even when it's mostly fake/false/fantasy. IMO there are potentially dangerous IRL implications.

On a lighter note, how much did I love it when Abby's father and half-siblings were probably back in town after having made a quick trip to Oregon to get poisoned and stabbed, and she had no flipping clue? THIS MUCH! And Abby still doesn't know her daddy may or may not be losing his mental faculties and just pulled a huge scheme to cover it up. Why did the show even bother making Abby a Newman if she's barely included on the family group texts?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1

Did anyone else think that awful flashback to the cafe in Paris was hilarious? The acting was worse than the Newmans do Oregon.   Ashley’s cowering in fear was so campy and over the top.  I was embarrassed for both actors in that scene. Not sure what the writer was going for, actually. We’ve never seen Tucker react that way to anything. Are they rewriting history or maybe going for Ashley now developing dementia?  I’m not serious about that but I’m getting whiplash watching all these sudden changes. And btw, are the newmans back in GC and is anyone there aware of what went down in Oregon?  Is Nikki sober now?  Did nick start bleeding again and hopefully bleed out? Did they find their jet? These are things I need to know.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I know the term "gaslighting" gets tossed around too much now, and usually inaccurately. However, what is it when we're told we're seeing a flashback but the scene has never been shown before? The average viewer probably sits there thinking their memory is going bad. No wonder Y&R has ads for Prevagen and Neuriva running nonstop. 😵‍💫

I don't mind retcons as long as the writers are reasonably upfront about what they're doing. JG's flashbacks are something more pernicious I think. At best, they're an artsy-fartsy use of the sepia-toned styling which will probably earn Y&R an undeserved Daytime Emmy.  At worst, the audience is being trained to accept whatever they see, even when it's mostly fake/false/fantasy. IMO there are potentially dangerous IRL implication.

Ok. Thanks. I’m a day behind, so I just saw that flashback. I thought I had missed it the first go around but I guess it’s new because it’s different from the flashback we saw from Tucker‘s point of view a few weeks ago. That was frightening, and seems really out of character as others have mentioned. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4