Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Question:  Who or what do you call to come "get the rest of my things?". I've been hearing that phrase for years on soaps and other shows and always wondered, who ARE those people?  Was there a section in the Yellow Pages at one time, now online, for this?  Does Emily's List have preferred providers?  Do they bring their own packing tape, boxes, labels etc.?   Trained sniffer dogs to be sure what actually IS yours?  Mistakes must happen occasionally, right?  Could Phyllis have called a company like that to get rid of Dr. Tim's body instead of making it a DIY job with Kevin?  

And what about the fun of packing yourself and " accidentally " taking one of each pair of your new exes socks, or accidentally dumping a box of plaster of Paris in the toilet, or, again, accidentally packing up the tv remote?  Seems to be taking all the fun out of a break up if you ask me.

I think the new room meant to represent the Chancellor Mansion is much more lush and decorated more in the style you'd expect from that place, but this better not mean Show has dispensed with the hall and stairs set that we associate with Kay's tenure in that house.  Those cheap bastards better not have messed with that.

After watching, I agree that Diane's helpless maiden act is getting thin, though I still like her.  Poor  Mrs. Martinez is never going to get the stink of mendacity out of the Abbotts living room after what those three crowed about today.  Summer, you don't have to like Diane, or trust her, but save the exhausted complaint.  After  putting up with your mother's bullshit all these years, Diane shouldn't even register as a headwind.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

^ yes but it will be the 3 witches who tell him where to find her.

I worked as a counselor for people who were on federal probation. Bank robbers, money launderers, drug dealers...you know- folks actually less threatening than Phyllis, Victor, Ashley, Victoria, or Nikki. This revenge storyline is stupid. The overwhelming majority of people coming out of a federal prison would not seek revenge against a witness. If anything happens to Diane, or a family member of hers, who would be the first person under scrutiny? The last thing any former incarcerated person wants is to interact any more with law enforcement, or risk returning to prison. This guy Diane testified against was into white collar crime, didn't sound like a violent offender. Also, IMO he has had years in a prison to send someone else out, who got released earlier, to "take care of" Diane.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, boes said:

Diane will probably either end up dying or falling into a soap coma trying to save lil' Hausenpheffer from the Big Bad and then Phyllis, Nikki and Gamera Abbott will shed an itty bitty tear about how she brought it all on herself.

Honestly for a second, I thought this was referring to Jack, and I think I prefer it that way.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Ffs, now Phyllis has a zipper running down her ass! LOL

Comon', Chase just say it: 'Devon's son, not mine'

You can just tell he has zero feeling & chemistry with the kid, never did!

He shows zero feeling & chemistry with any character, tbh, just a blank look.🙁

• Sad 2
  • Wink 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Julyolo said:

I worked as a counselor for people who were on federal probation. Bank robbers, money launderers, drug dealers...you know- folks actually less threatening than Phyllis, Victor, Ashley, Victoria, or Nikki. This revenge storyline is stupid. The overwhelming majority of people coming out of a federal prison would not seek revenge against a witness. If anything happens to Diane, or a family member of hers, who would be the first person under scrutiny? The last thing any former incarcerated person wants is to interact any more with law enforcement, or risk returning to prison. This guy Diane testified against was into white collar crime, didn't sound like a violent offender. Also, IMO he has had years in a prison to send someone else out, who got released earlier, to "take care of" Diane.

Very interesting! Of course all of the real.world rules fly right out of the window in GC!

I worked with someone who embezzled 2 million + $. He directly involved me and other coworkers in his crime by stealing our passwords to carry out his scheme. He went to prison for 3.5 years and is out now. Never heard a single word of apology even though we were supposedly friends but as it turned out he lied for years. Anyway, I want to rip him a new one but I guess Ill never get the chance and hell.will freeze over before I get an apology.

If so lived in GC I would probably have ample opportunities lol.

30 minutes ago, xls said:

He shows zero feeling & chemistry with any character, tbh, just a blank look.🙁

Yet he still has 10x the charisma of Noah.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Diane, speaking for all of us, at the Hypocritical Hags (or Hyenas) Club Meeting: "Is there a person in this room that hasn't done something regrettable or questionable or despicable?"

Fhn0o2gXEAEqDet?format=jpg&name=small

Spending too much time at work or not, Chance was 100% in the right when he kicked Abby to the curb. He was in the same exact marriage as her, with a entitled, spoiled brat of a wife, and he didn't cheat. If she was harboring trauma because of his presumed death in Italy and lives in daily fear of something similar happening again and this time, he truly will be killed, I could have a tiny smidge of sympathy for her. But it's clear that is not Princess Abby's problem. 

She is upset because he dares to have a job and isn't spending every waking moment with her and Dom and she's all too happy to tell him every chance she gets that he's a shit husband and father because of that. The underlying issue is that Abby is like a bucket with a hole in it and expecting others to fill it. It's a large reason, IMO, why she chose to cheat with Austin, Scott, and now, Devon. And on some level, I think her getting an attached man to cheat with her proves, in her twisted mind, they must really care about her and her needs or else they wouldn't risk so much to cheat with her - when all along, it's not about her. She could have been anyone. They could have been anyone. And until she figures this out and learns to fill her own bucket and validate herself vs seeking outside validation, she is going to torpedo any relationship she engages in.

Did I get a whiff of chem-testing with Chance and Sharon? I could be on board for that. If anybody understands being the wife of a cop, it's Sharon. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

"Pack of hyenas." Hee. But I don't get why Diane didn't turn around and leave as soon as she saw them. Or why she let Ashley summon her to begin with.

Ehh, Diane acting all cocky and dismissive about her connection to Jeremy Stark wasn't a smart move since a) it's true, and b) she doesn't know how much the shrieking banshees have learned about it.

Whee, C-W is falling apart right before Lily's eyes. I hate though that Amanda didn't even get a goodbye scene with Jack.

On another soap site they're saying the room Abby and Chance were in is actually an upstairs sitting room--adjacent to the bedrooms--and not a remodeled version of Kay's legendary living room. I dunno, if that's the case, why is Abby receiving guests up there?

Abbs, hon, it sounds like your marriage was over a long time ago. Walking in on you screwing Devon gave Chance the final boost he needed to throw in the towel. Good job!

Wait, what? Phyllis tried to run Christine down with a rental car because of Diane? Phyllis lied about Daniel's paternity because of Diane? Phyllis openly cheated on her husband Jack with his brother because of Diane? OMG, Phyllis, you are insane. Diane isn't responsible for a fraction of the crap you've pulled.

Isn't Tucker a billionaire? His staying in that tiny hotel suite is odd to me,  especially since half the town now knows he's in GC. It's hardly a hideout.

Pshht, I think the kindest, gentlest person in the world would probably reach their limit if they had three hateful people relentlessly bullying them for months. Why is so much more expected of Diane?

Be funny if Jeremy Stark decided to maintain his loyalty to his former patsy Diane and used his criming powers to go after the coven instead. Bring it on!

Boo effing hoo, Abby. 😿 You're only sorry you got caught.

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I get Chance being dedicated to his job as a police detective but when he was talking to Sharon it also sounded to me like he's perhaps been using work to avoid Abby. Maybe he never really wanted to be 100% committed to a life with her.

Well, Abby did fly to some foreign country and drag Chance back to GC by his ear. I don't think he would have come back otherwise.

3 hours ago, xls said:

He shows zero feeling & chemistry with any character, tbh, just a blank look.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this about Chance. What he should be doing now is rekindling his old relationship with Chloe, and taking it farther, thus giving Chloe and Kevin some story. He and Kevin both work for the GCPD. There could be a story arc here. And it could even have Paul in it. Yeah, dream on SweePea59.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

The pack of shrew is really laying it on thick. At least Diane told them off today. Maybe she could murder one of them (Phyllis) and frame someone else (Nikki).

I am not liking new Tucker. Or Audra.

Lily needs to demand that Billy come back to work since everyone is quitting.  He can still visit his new pet. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Yes, Diane should have walked right out when she saw the Witches of Westwick (one of my favorite movies was “The Witches of Eastwick” and I loved those women). These women are so awful and nasty, they deserve to end up in prison. Maybe they can have cells next to each other! Wouldn’t that be fun to watch? I couldn’t believe how much I hated those three today ganging up on Diane. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 5
  • Love 6

Rodan Rodan Rodan you have outdone yourself as a habitual lier 🤥🤥🤥🤥 .  Everything Rodan did was because of Diane?  Did Diane cause her to run down Christina?  Did Diane cause her to plant Dinosaur bones?  Did Diane cause her to cheat on Jack with Nostrils?  So on and so forth. As for Nikki, did Diane cause her to kill her father?  Did Diane caused her to be in the sex trade?  Did Diane cause her to cover up almost killing J.T.?  Did Diane cause her to kidnap Tessa?  So on and so forth.  The Abbott living room reeked of sanctimony and pomposity towards Diane. 

Tucker Tucker Tucker, keep pushing Diane and she might just reveal the other part of your plan for her to obtain financial information on Jabot. 

It just amazes me how Nikki, Ashley, and Rodan sit around and plot for hours and nobody realizes they are not at work. 

Will Summer forgive Rodan for putting Diane on Jeremy Stark’s radar which could put Kyle and Harrison in danger.  But I’m sure Rodan will weasel herself out of taking any blame. 

In my post yesterday, I mentioned strong spouses who husband/wives are married to law enforcement, firefighters, etc. I discussed this with my daughter today, who’s married to a firefighter, to get her permission to post the following.  She keeps in contact with many other wives of firefighters. They are mostly in agreement that they can take, in stride, that their husbands are “married” to their work.  They put up with 48 hour shifts and that they work weekends and holidays. Basically their main complaint is for all that time their husbands spend, at work, they do not get paid enough.  Firefighters, on average, spend more time with their “brethren” than with their family.  

With that, I can’t imagine that the GCPD has only one detective and has that much crime so Chance has to work 24/7. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12

Devon is a piece of slimy worm ridden filth. I hope Lily and Jill rip him apart when they find out his philandering cost them their attorney.  And he still had the nerve to look smugly at Chance. I was hoping Chance would slug him and cause him to injure his hand or something. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

Chance dumped his wife like he is college freshman dumping his hometown honey during the summer. He’s been trying to hand over Abby and Dom to Devon since he got back.

As much as I like SW, I couldn’t sit through that interrogation nonsense. The three idiots have spent countless hours plotting against Diane, yet blame her ‘cause they keep talking about her. Move the entire f on.

And what is the end plan? If Stark really is dangerous, they’re all okay with Diane being killed, with the rest of the Abbotts in danger? Because she gets on y’all’s nerves?

Edited by mjt626
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So now these nasty asses are going to seek out a convicted criminal and gleefully lead him to Diane?

I wish Diane had accepted this "meeting" and driven her car right through the Abbott living room with all three of them in there.  It'd be less of a wreck than Phyllis's outfit and Nikki's hair, anyway.  

Chance sitting at the bar all forlorn, but with that FABULOUS glass of beer in front of him...💀 🤣

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"Pack of hyenas." Hee. But I don't get why Diane didn't turn around and leave as soon as she saw them. Or why she let Ashley summon her to begin with.

Ehh, Diane acting all cocky and dismissive about her connection to Jeremy Stark wasn't a smart move since a) it's true, and b) she doesn't know how much the shrieking banshees have learned about it.

Whee, C-W is falling apart right before Lily's eyes. I hate though that Amanda didn't even get a goodbye scene with Jack.

On another soap site they're saying the room Abby and Chance were in is actually an upstairs sitting room--adjacent to the bedrooms--and not a remodeled version of Kay's legendary living room. I dunno, if that's the case, why is Abby receiving guests up there?

Abbs, hon, it sounds like your marriage was over a long time ago. Walking in on you screwing Devon gave Chance the final boost he needed to throw in the towel. Good job!

Wait, what? Phyllis tried to run Christine down with a rental car because of Diane? Phyllis lied about Daniel's paternity because of Diane? Phyllis openly cheated on her husband Jack with his brother because of Diane? OMG, Phyllis, you are insane. Diane isn't responsible for a fraction of the crap you've pulled.

Isn't Tucker a billionaire? His staying in that tiny hotel suite is odd to me,  especially since half the town now knows he's in GC. It's hardly a hideout.

Pshht, I think the kindest, gentlest person in the world would probably reach their limit if they had three hateful people relentlessly bullying them for months. Why is so much more expected of Diane?

Be funny if Jeremy Stark decided to maintain his loyalty to his former patsy Diane and used his criming powers to go after the coven instead. Bring it on!

Boo effing hoo, Abby. 😿 You're only sorry you got caught.

...and let's not forget how Phyllis regarded Christine as an enemy ("the bug") because she had the audacity to have a problem with her for lying about Daniel's paternity and trying to steal her husband. Phyllis is a lying, selfish shrew who has NO BUSINESS passing any kind of judgement on anyone. (No offense to MS, who uses her considerable talents to humanize her.)

Diane is a felon, but BRAVA for reading these smug crones for filth.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Devon is a piece of slimy worm ridden filth. I hope Lily and Jill rip him apart when they find out his philandering cost them their attorney.  

I can't wait until Jill finds out.  She's going to rip him even worse than she did Billyboy.

And did I miss something?  When Lily acknowledges the troubles he and Amanda are having, he shines it on with a 'we're working on it' excuse.  I don't know. wouldn't a letter of resignation and having her things shipped back to VA kind of say "it's over"?  Did Amanda have a change of heart?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

How can Chelsea’s therapist speak on how Conner will react to the news about his mother’s suicide attempt? She doesn’t know him.

What’s wrong with telling him that she has some issues and is getting help for them.

She’s still putting her needs and feelings before his.

Edited by mjt626
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Not to be overly picky, but isn’t Chloe dress a little to short for late fall in Wisconsin?  Maybe she’s wearing fur underwear 😜.  Another Cracker Jack degree. Chloe has become a lawyer just in time to plead Sally’s case before the jury of one namely Banana Breath.  I don’t know what the temperature is right now in GC, but when Sally and Banana Breath were alone, the temperature dropped 20 degrees 🥶🥶🥶🥶.  

I agree with Adam about telling Connor before Chelsea actually works this out for herself. The therapist might think it’s good for Chelsea but she doesn’t know anything about Connor and how sensitive he could be. Connor has a tendency to blame things on himself like when his parents first decided to separate. Don’t that wonderful fantastic therapist, Sharon, have to intervene with how Connor was acting?  Chelsea please tell me how Johnny and therefore Connor having to know the truth worked out for them and for you. Both Connor and Johnny resented you and as a result, drove you to the roof. Connor’s reaction to your truth, Chelsea, could drive you back to the roof if your not strong enough. 

How random is it that Mariah and Tessa are moving to the Tack House leaving Sharon’s apartment available for Chelsea. I guess Mariah and Tessa are giving up their quick access to coffee and muffins to live miles out of town for more room. Doesn’t it make more sense for Chelsea to live in the Tack House. Doesn’t Connor live at the ranch already?  Maybe just maybe Connor doesn’t want to live with his mother.  

Isn’t it amazing that Rodan in paying Banana Breath back for her loan, Banana Breath now has the available funds to bankroll Sally on her own line?  Banana Breath, have you considered what Summer would do if you back Sally on a new line?  Summer doesn’t approve of you and Sally in the first place but to back Sally on a line that, in all actuality, could be more successful than Marchetti.  

In listening to Chelsea’s therapist, I find there is even another degree that came from a Cracker Jack box. As the therapist said, she’s more concerned about Chelsea than Connor. The therapist is giving Chelsea a “word salad” of ifs, ands, and buts about Connor.  Hey Doc, you just can’t wave a magic wand and make Conner truly understand that he’s not at fault.  

After seeing the empty apartment, it just gives me a chance to rant about the monkeys with a keyboard by putting Mariah and Tessa more and more out of mind in favor of Chelsea. I don’t actually know why the monkeys with a keyboard think that Chelsea is so interesting to move  her ahead of Mariah and Tessa or Adam and Sally. Chelsea is mundane, at best, whose only purpose to to try to give life to another mundane character namely Nostrils.  

Speaking of Adam and Sally, at dinner, on the rooftop, I was reminded that Sally blew up at Adam for thinking that Adam wanted her back because of Adam’s rivalry with Banana Breath. But has Sally ever consider that it’s the other way around that Banana Breath wants Sally just to stick it to Adam?  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Aw, things must not have gone well between Sally and Jill at Society. I thought sure Jill would hire Sally to replace Nate.

Chloe. Still meddling in Sally's life. And now trying to push Sally back into designing clothes. Meh.

I'm with Adam. Chelsea needs to stop using Connor and Johnny to deal with her own problems. It's not their responsibility to prop Chelsea's mental health.

Hope Sharon is ready to have Chelz in the coffeeshop 24/7, especially since she doesn't have a job and she'll be living right upstairs. Hey, maybe Chelsea can be a barista! 😉

Yeah, Chelsea is talking just like she did when she was trying to convince everyone that Johnny should be told RIGHT NOW he's her biological son. She gets a notion in her head and no one can tell her she's wrong or to slow down.

Dr. Malone simply dismissed Connor's father's wishes on when to tell Connor about his mother. It sounded to me like she wanted to help Chelsea figure out a way to get around Adam. That doesn't seem ethical to me.

Sharon's "unbiased take"? She has long, complicated history with Adam, Chelsea, and Billy. How could she possibly be unbiased? I think it's absurd for Sharon to have a say in any of this, or to be invoking Rey's name as her excuse.

Don't do it, Sally! Don't take money from Nick. He is buying you and assurances you won't ever turn on him. I don't care what he says, he will own you even if it is a loan.

Nah, Billy, IMO Dr. Malone is no longer objective because she's had you and Sharon flanking her before Adam even knew where Chelsea was. The doctor doesn't seem to know or care that Billy and Sharon are problematic all on their own.

Shut up, Chloe. Your advice to Sally couldn't be more wrong. Funny how willing you've been to pimp her out to Nick. It's no skin off your back, huh?

Adam's doing a lot of lonely soul-searching and I don't have a good feeling about it.

Sally, Sally, Sally. There's a saying: if it walks like a messy heaux, and talks like a messy heaux, it just might be a what? A MESSY HEAUX! Aargh!

Did Amanda have a change of heart?

No, Devon was trying to avoid telling Lily that Amanda had left him. Lily seems to have bought a clue though. She's just giving Devon some time to come clean on his own.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Why would Nick need to use money from Phyllis repaying a loan to help Sally? Didn't Ashland "donate"  millions to Nick's construction company? BTW, what happened to that company called "New Hope"  owned by the Old Dope aka Nick? Last I heard of it, Noah didn't want to be CEO. Are all it's projects, employees, equipment, and building materials just sitting out there in some soap opera state of suspended animation?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

After seeing the empty apartment, it just gives me a chance to rant about the monkeys with a keyboard by putting Mariah and Tessa more and more out of mind in favor of Chelsea. I don’t actually know why the monkeys with a keyboard think that Chelsea is so interesting to move  her ahead of Mariah and Tessa or Adam and Sally. Chelsea is mundane, at best, whose only purpose to to try to give life to another mundane character namely Nostrils.

Don't forget that MCE is married to some Sony COO or something. So we are stuck with her.

• Sad 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Today's show was kind of a grimy episode, wasn't it?  I'm not exactly sure what I mean by that, other than it all seemed like a washed out repeat or retread of the same Chelsea material we've seen before.  Instituionalized, again, for being suicidal this time instead of homicidal, same old brownish track suits, washed out no-make up face to, I guess, indicate "this time, it's SERIOUS".

Even worse, another rinse and repeat storyline for the town's current buttinsky duo, Sharon and ButtBiscuit.  Sharon being all psycho-jiggly with that syrupy sweet voice and robotic stare, ButtBiscuit shiny with fake sincerity and greased up with his usual unhealthy interest in ignoring his own demons while playing footsie with Chelsea's.  

Adam, again, getting the shaft/dissed/dismissed as if he's some of poor relation instead of Connor's father, Sharon and ButtBiscuit supplanting him for no other reason than what seemed like some sort of dull resentment from both of them.  Mark Grossman, IMO, has done the near impossible and made Adam a rootable character which for me is a first and he seems to be getting deliberately kicked to the sidelines for a bunch of Minion rejects.

Then there's Nick, squatting his fat ass down on the bench at the park like he's suddenly the Hamburgler in a suit and tie, while Chloe tries to make Sally dance for dimes.  Besides being an utter moron with the all the personal grooming expertise of a bonobo monkey, we also had to see him in his "Aw shucks, I AM all that" dimpled delight.  Show seems to not be backing off with him and Sally and I really hate that.  If Show decides to repeat yet another of their been there, done that trope and have him back Sally and Chloe in a new fashion line, I hope they start out making designer shrouds.

What a disappointment today's episode was, and I'm very apprehensive that what we saw today is telling us what Show is going to focus on going forward. 

Ick.

Oh yeah, the suddenly empty apartment above Crimson Lights Coffee and Shock Treatment Cafe - you'd think Mariah might have mentioned, once in the many, many scenes we've watched her in recently, that she was moving to the ranch???  WTF would Victor or Nikki let Mariah live there, anyway?  Neither of them have exhibited any fondness for either Mariah or Tessa, in fact, the exact opposite.

I'm hoping that tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe next week, Connor locks them ALL in the garage.  Any garage will do.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, boes said:

Oh yeah, the suddenly empty apartment above Crimson Lights Coffee and Shock Treatment Cafe - you'd think Mariah might have mentioned, once in the many, many scenes we've watched her in recently, that she was moving to the ranch???  WTF would Victor or Nikki let Mariah live there, anyway?  Neither of them have exhibited any fondness for either Mariah or Tessa, in fact, the exact opposite.

👍👍 

Is absolutely 🐂💩. How much more room does the Tack House over the apartment?    Beside, more space wouldn’t be needed for quite a while. Even though the Tack House is next to the horse barn, horse shit doesn’t stink but the bull shit and rotting corpses, in the Main House, does reek. 

• LOL 10

Wait what?  I'm gonna be that person here with no psychology training buuuut....why is automatically a good thing to tell Connor the absolute truth about what happened, right now when he's like 9?  Has it occurred to anyone that Connor may not WANT to know about that kind of thing? Man, if that had happened with my mom and I'd been told about it at that age, I'd have freaked the fuck out.  I would rather not have known and have been told the details as an adult, if *ever*.

And why are Adam's concerns- you know, the kid's father- being dismissed?

I wholeheartedly agree with some of the above comments.  Was not at all a fan of Mark Grossman's portrayal early on, but he's been outstanding in making a character with a fairly lurid background seem like an understandable and normal human being.

I just can't with the latest Nick/Sally shitshow.  They couldn't have possibly made it sleazier, and yet somehow today they did.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6

Just a random though about Sally having sex with Banana Breath after Banana Breath having sex with Rodan.  I sure hope Sally made Banana Breath get tested for communicable diseases and VD before they had sex and made Banana Breath have his tongue scraped and mouth disinfected.  

I would laugh my head off if Sally yelled out Adam’s name when climaxing. As for Banana Breath, I’m sure he yells out his own name when climaxing. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

It just dawned on me that Connor is living at the ranch while Adam and Chelsea both live separately at the GP with Chelsea soon to move into the apartment above the CL and Mariah and Tessa moving to the tack house.

WHY????
1. WHY would Adam allow Connor to be under the supervision of Grampire and the Witch?  This is ludicrous given how Adam feels about them. And why the need to not live together
2. WHY do all of the.billionaires live in shitty hotel rooms?  I am getting sick and tired of these stupid living arrangements that make absolutely no sense.
3. WHY would Tessa and Mariah be moving to the tack house? Are we supposed to believe they were invited by Victor and Nikki?  And why would they accept. This is another couple that can afford their own bigger place.

I think the writers are lazy and just think we dont notice or care. I realize there is a budget problem but this is just so stupid.
Maybe there is a housing crisis in GC.
Maybe the billionaires need to move into New Hope.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, mjt626 said:

What’s wrong with telling him that she has some issues and is getting help for them.

She’s still putting her needs and feelings before his.

it's becasue Connor has already started thinking he wasn't "ENOUGH"  for his mother and she wasn't happy with having him as a son, so she had to break the news about Johnny, 

now Connor will most likely think his mom didn't want to be with him anymore so she was just gonna jump to get rid of him.......

To me they have shown Connor being very unsure about how his mom loves him.   I don't think he should be told right away, but please let Chelse get her way again and fuck more shit up...

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Is there a casino in Genoa City? If not I need someone to build one so Billy can be lured there instead of acting as support for Chelsea. 
I do like Sharon but damn. The constant reassuring voice of reason gets old. 
Good for you Adam. Nick is a jerk for going after Sally especially since Adam told him he still loved her. He’s a shitty brother with the exception of Victoria. 
I bet Chelsea’s apartment smells like delicious coffee. 
Allie needs to ask Noah why he believes Audra and this miscarriage malarkey. She can also tell him since their relationship soured he really shouldn’t be acting like a sulky stupid asshole. 
Lily needs to tell Billy that while she feels bad about Chelsea, she needs a man who will step up and be there for her and the company. I would prefer she wasn’t understanding.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with the first scene?  First of all, the apartment is basically barren.  Did the monkeys with a keyboard make the apartment looked depressing to emphasize Chelsea’s state of mind. Second, all of Chelsea’s things have been packed up, by Sharon and Nostrils, in two fairly small suit cases. Well at least Chelsea has her valor sweats that she took with her from the facility. 

When it comes to parenting, in GC, Adam is at the top of the list. Adam will do what is best for Conner. Chelsea among others do what’s best for them. Chelsea is and continues to be very impulsive. I have to tell Connor now even knowing that any rejection by Connor can set Chelsea off again. This is Chelsea decision and she cannot be dissuaded. 

For years Adam has been sitting in a dark root cellar, like a mushroom in the dark, and having shit thrown on him time and time again. Now Chelsea has be deemed worthy, by the monkeys with a keyboard, to be one of the shit throwers. Nostrils is befriending Chelsea but I wouldn’t wish Nostrils “friendship” on my worst enemy.  The same goes for Banana Breath befriending Sally. I would wish his friendship on my worse enemy either. 

Sally you are a very smart woman but you didn’t pick up what Banana Breath was saying about his family and that he’s very comfortable being around them. Sally, you would not stand a piece of ice in a glass of iced tea on a hot day if Banana Breath would choose you over the Newmans. Summer, Olive, Nikki, and Victor would see to that.  Sally, if you want a Newman, stick with Adam. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maybe an ignoramus like Nick would find Latin boring, but I freaking loved it.  It was one of my favorite subjects, and that had little to do with the mad crush I had on the professor.  Instead of learning crap like "Where is the museum?" or "My name is Jean-Luc, may I have the check, please?", you learn gems like "Carthage must be destroyed" and "He shall know no peace while he is alive".   I'll tell you what *is* boring, though...Nick making googooly eyes at Sally.  Somehow, the age difference between them is even more glaring (and gross) than the one between Sally and Jack.

I have to agree with Adam that a boy Conor's age is in no way emotionally mature enough to handle this, no matter how smart his mom thinks he is.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

Happened to catch the show live today. Ended up glad I wasn't able to take notes like I usually do. My simple takes: Lily, listen to your gut; Billy's heading for the exit from your relationship and you know it. If this isn't an attempt at a redemption storyline for Chelsea, I think she might be running her biggest con ever. Noah's a dang fool and Allie could do better. Let Audra have the emo trust fund baby.

WHY would Adam allow Connor to be under the supervision of Grampire and the Witch?  This is ludicrous given how Adam feels about them. And why the need to not live together?

Adam was living at the ranch with Connor but he fell out with the Newmans and decided he couldn't live there anymore. He moved to the Glue Pumice and felt that wouldn't be a good place to keep Connor. Plus Connor had become accustomed to the horses, ice skating on the pond, etc., plus being able to spend regular time with his Newman cousins. For some reason Adam trusted Victor not to do Connor any harm, and I get the feeling Nikki barely pays attention to Connor because he's not her biological granchild. Meanwhile, Adam or Chelsea sold their penthouse to Nate so it was no longer an option for either of them with Connor.

WHY would Tessa and Mariah be moving to the tack house?

TPTB are too cheap to make a new set for them. I'm just wondering if Victor and Nikki are charging the rent since Mariah and Tessa aren't "family."

Lily needs to tell Billy that while she feels bad about Chelsea, she needs a man who will step up and be there for her and the company. I would prefer she wasn’t understanding.

Right? Lily has bent over backwards to tolerate Billy's ways. It's starting to seem to me like he takes her support for granted.

I have to agree that a boy Conor's age is in no way emotionally mature enough to handle this, no matter how smart his mom thinks he is.  

Yep. And I think she might inadvertently put self-harm notions in his head that he wouldn't otherwise have at his age. Ugh, Dr. Malone must've gotten her therapist license off the same matchbook cover Sharon did.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

I always figured Mariah was considered adjacent to the Newmans from being sibling to Nick's (10 million) kids, and Nick/Sharon getting along amicably the last few years.

In reality I think it's just a throwaway plot line.   Which still doesn't make sense because Mariah/Tessa have money enough and no decent person would ever want to be anywhere near Victor and Nikki.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Billy looks like he’s contracted a serious case of vampirism. If we’re lucky, he’ll crumble into a pile of dust and nose hairs from all the sunshine Lily was blowing up his pant leg.

Has Chelsea’s therapist ever spoken to Connor? Treated him? It is an egregious breach of, I don’t know, everything to assume he can handle his mother’s ish without taking his psychological temperature.

I wish Sally could kick her bizarre Curious George fetish. How do you go from fine ass men like Jack and Adam to a caveman with pudding between his ears? 

• Applause 7
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Right? Lily has bent over backwards to tolerate Billy's ways. It's starting to seem to me like he takes her support for granted.

Billy (and Nick and Victor, et. al,) rely on the good intentions of their actions to negate any hurt it may bring to others.  Lily can't be mad at him because he is making this big sacrifice to take care of Chelsa.  The beneficence of that act is far greater than any good he will do meeting Lily's needs so she should just stfu and pat him on the back.

3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Has Chelsea’s therapist ever spoken to Connor? Treated him? It is an egregious breach of, I don’t know, everything to assume he can handle his mother’s ish without taking his psychological temperature.

Totally agree.  She hasn't even seen Chelsea long enough to make an assumption about Chelsea's mental health.  When they said she was getting out because she's stronger🤨 I thought wow, a month goes by so fast.  But 72 hours!? WTF?  The facility must really be overcrowded to release Chelsea that quickly and into the hands of the Saints of Genoa City, Sharon and Billy.  Not that Chelz is going to listen to them anyhow.  The Saints will let her do and support her in "whatever makes her comfortable". But poor Connor and Adam.

16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

First of all, the apartment is basically barren....(and) depressing

Right?  It looks like the place on skid row a recent parolee has to inhabit.  Did Mariah and Tessa live there for any length of time in that boho dinginess?  Could they have at least painted the door? And gotten a dining table that wasn't a Goodwill reject?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Dear Show,

Please put Sally in a properly fitted blouse, so the struggling on both sides to stay closed, doesn't result in a blinding by a projectile button. I think I've already mentioned the gray gristle on Tucker brings neither him, nor the viewer any gratification. Phyllis bringing out her sexy for Tucker lacked chemistry for me, and the actors appeared equally unenthused. Almost as uncomfortable as the actress playing Sally, trying to act like she is actually hot for Nick. I am happy to see they let Jack out of his "auntie" persona so he could go all he-man to and for Diane, and finally read Ashley for the filth she is.  Please re-consider the overprocessing of Ashley's hair. Cotton candy won't be back in fashion in Genoa City until the State Fair this summer, I don't want to see it on someone's head. It's nice that Nick thinks there is nothing "illicit" about having sex with his brother's s/o. Does he and Abby sharing the same father give them both a genetic predisposition to the "I've done nothing wrong, and anyway-- I don't know how it happened!" Syndrome? Is Chelsea taking the post therapeutic path of most psychopaths, and just spewing out the psychiatric jargon? She's "going to get over this" ? Ummm, mental illness is managed, not generally cured, MWT's. Good job of portraying how Connor was manipulated into feeling responsible for Chelsea's happiness. Other than that, all I have left to say is Show, I hope you get better soon too!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Fire 6
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Ashley to Abby, about her fucking Devon, "Sometimes, these things happen."

giphy.gif

Pretty sure that's not what you said when you've been cheated on, Ash.

Pretty sure you wanted them run out of town on a rail and/or burned at the stake, Ash.

Although pretty sure you used that as your excuse when you were doing the cheating.

• Like 1
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Chelsea, Connor did not need to know that you were a ButtBiscuit grab away from committing suicide. He is a kid.

Sick is at it again. Blech...and I did not need to see Sally's lips thisclose to Nick's nipple, Double-blech.

Sally also seemed bored as hell when Nick trotted out to get a shower, but at least he bathes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Good job making Connor believe he is responsible.for his mothers mental wellness. What were they thinking? Chelsea tells him he is her whole world...yet she was ready to end it all.

Any guesses on what Sally's next big idea is? Maybe selling nude portraits of Nick?

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

The scene with Chelsea, Adam, and Connor was made more poignant by MCE’s acting style of being overly breathless. But of course, the monkeys with a keyboard had to make Chelsea right with Connor not overacting to the fact that his mom wanted to “unalive” herself.  My question is where, on line, did Connor find out about the alternative word for suicide?  

For a moment I thought that Abby would give Chance all the blame for breaking up the marriage. Color me surprised when Abby confessed playing hide the snake with Devon. 

Rodan sitting at the bar, with Tucker, trying to act all seductive to lure information out of him. Rodan seduction looked more like the serpent trying to get Eve to take a bite out of the apple. 

That scene between Sally and Banana Breath 🤢🤢🤮🤮, wasn’t nearly as graphic as Abby and Devon which was a major relief.  Sally and Banana Breath looked more like feeding time at the zoo and Banana Breath was thinking more eating 🍌🍌🍌 than sharing his 🍌with Sally. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Phyllis and Tucker at Society: the meet cute nobody asked for. And yeah, I know they were already acquainted from years ago, but it was still a trying-too-hard situation, IMO.

So now Diane's weaponizing Jack against Tucker. OMG, teh dramaz are infinite with her. Like Jack said, there's always another frigging shoe to drop and another tiresome secret to be revealed.

I'm impressed Abby came clean with Ashley about her infidelity so quickly. Guess she knows she might need a new place to live soon.

"Unalive yourself." Is that really thing? It makes me so sad for Connor to know about it at his young age. (And screw JG and the MWTs for using Connor to let Chelsea off the hook.)

Diane finally admitted she actually did snitch on Jeremy Stark. This is my surprised face 🙄.

Yo, Nick, ease up on the spray tan. You looked like a hairless (mostly) orangutan next to Sally, and not in a good way. 😼

Adam knows Connor is being sucked into Chelsea's bottomless vortex of self-centeredness and he can do nothing to stop it. Sigh.

Whee, look at Diane talking sh!t and taking names! It doesn't seem to hit her how much danger she's put Jack, Kyle, and the rest of the Abbotts in, via the coven, Tucker, and now also a likely vengeful gangster. Yikes.

Re the previews: Daniel & Lily, together again. Dare we hope?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Sally also seemed bored as hell when Nick trotted out to get a shower, but at least he bathes.

, does he just let the water run, then splash some on his hands and face like PeePaw Victor does?

Ah yes, the elite of Genoa City!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Dear Show,

When a post starts with “Dear Show”, I know it’s going to be fabulous ! And it was !

Brava, Julyolo !

And also the rest of my fellow preverts  have been on fire as per usual !

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8