Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't care that Summer & Kyle came back from Costa Rica? Likewise for the cackling threesome in the Newman living room, taking a victory lap because Diane told Jack about her dangerous liaison with Tucker. I keep waiting to discover how any of this is a big deal anywhere except in the under utilized minds of Nikki, Ashley, and Phyllis. The only thing worse than this storyline, are the lackluster performances every cast member is giving in its' service, including Jack, Summer, and Kyle. As for Nick sputtering he has a right to a personal life, yeah, Fredo, just not at the workplace. IMO today the MWT's have revealed themselves to be reverse alchemists, replacing the viewing gold of Adam and Sally with the likes of Nate and Nick. As to the fashion choices...Phyllis looked like some biker's side chick again, Ashley forgot to take off her white lounging pajamas before racing over to Nikki's. I know razors are expensive, but Tucker, please shave that grey lint that's littering your manscaping.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, VanillaBeanne said:

I agree with everything you said about Nikki and liked that she took Nick to task.  I just fear that Victor will blame Sally for causing sibling friction, despite the fact that Adam and Nick have shared three other women.  And despite the fact that while Nick characterizes he and Sally’s situation as a mutual thing that just happened, the day that Sally and he first slept together was quite the emotional roller coaster for Sally.  She had an intense conversation with Adam, missed a key meeting at work and was afraid of being fired when Nick walked into her office. She really wasn’t in the best frame of mind. 

I don't think he'll blame only Sally I definitely think he'll be unhappy with Nick about his behaviour although I won't give Sally a pass. I don't care how she was feeling, hooking up with Adam's brother on the couch with Adam outside at the door was beyond reproach. She knew it was wrong enough to shush him but carried on anyway, like Lucky would say "rutting like farm animals".

No excuses for her in my very angry book and even worse her sanctimonious attitude blaming Adam for all her problems when he didn't cause a single one of them, and calling him toxic after knowing his dynamic in the family and sleeping with his brother. She used to be a favourite but Sally Spectra is a lost cause to me and every time she opens her mouth to defend Nick to Adam I despise her even more. I'd love to see her hop on a plane back to L.A and give the screen time to Sharon.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Today’s show was terrible. Almost everyone was terrible. Acting, personality, wardrobe, everything. I didn’t mind Adam or Sally; the rest were equal to a sleeping pill. Even though Nick is leaving his shirt unbuttoned at the top, his neck and face still look like they are bursting to be set free. Shallow note: I wish Sally’s hair was dark brown. At this point I think Nick has caught up to Phyllis in a contest of who is the worst actor on the show. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, boes said:

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure I fully agree.  Nikki's smart to notice what's going in, but interfering in who Nick's "dating" that's a bit too much for me.  Granted, he's a self-centered bonehead, but a bonehead who's within spitting distance of 50, which IMO is way too old for advice from Mommy, especially unsolicited advice.    Besides, she's not intervening on Adam's behalf - she loathes him almost as much as Victoria does.  She's doing it to protect her husband from being upset and from Victoria and Nick not disagreeing.  That's not about business, that's all personal.

Newmans, one and all, wouldn't know a boundary if it bit them in their ample behinds.  If only....

She's  his mother though, so to me that makes it always her business and honeslty I really do think she genuinely thought it was a shitty thing for him to do especially since he used Adam's former behaviour as an excuse and she basically said "So if everyone jumps off a cliff...".

Nick needs a conscience and IMO his mother was right to try to be it. Plus she works for the company and he's fraternizing with an employee so it's her business and her family business. I don't agree that people should mind their own business when they're having sex in the office and when that sex negatively affects the family and I think Nikki was smart to see that and call it out. I also think Nick needs to be called out by as many people as possible and both him and Sally need to stop telling family members to "mind their own business" when they are gleefully crushing one of them underfoot.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Today’s show was terrible.

Gee, I thought today's (11/3) episode was one of the better ones over the past month or so - it's the first one in a while that I haven't wanted to just turn off.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, slayer2 said:

I don't agree that people should mind their own business when they're having sex in the office

I agree. Its not fair to expect people to look the other way. If I was a woman working there I would feel the only way to the top is to boink a Newman. They never show other people that work there but you know loads of people.would be aware of their affair.  I wish they would show the office gossip going on.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care that Summer & Kyle came back from Costa Rica?

The actors playing those two characters look, and act, far too young to be taken seriously as fashion company executives, so my answer to your question is No, you are not the only one who doesn't care.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I agree. Its not fair to expect people to look the other way. If I was a woman working there I would feel the only way to the top is to boink a Newman. They never show other people that work there but you know loads of people.would be aware of their affair.  I wish they would show the office gossip going on.

Onigod now THAT would be an entertaining show that I would watch.

ETA: I don't care about Summer or Kyle either. Table for 3, I'll bring wine.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

"Girlfriend"? Nah, Sally was never much more than a booty call for Nick and she thought he was her job security. Ease up, Vikki.

Why was Sally speaking of Chloe like she's a single mother? Kevin has a good job  and is perfectly capable of supporting Chloe and their two children.

Oh Adam, stop bringing up Nick to Sally! She's not trying to take sides between you and your brother--especially not your side. Gah.

An unlikely alliance? You're too kind, Victor. Nikki, Ashley, and Phyllis are a straight up witches' coven. Double, double, toil and trouble and whatnot. 🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️

Well, I guess Jabot and Marchetti are non-starters for Sally's future employment prospects. Maybe she can get hired at C-W. Her working for Lily could be interesting.

Sally turned Adam against his family? You're nuts, Victor. That did not happen and you know it. You just hate that your sons can still get with a hot young woman and your decrepit a$$ can't.

Adam, I know you wanted to throw down with Nick but don't talk about Sally like she has no personal agency. Geez.

At this point I'm waiting for Phyllis to do something she can get arrested for. Her rabid obsession with Diane is venturing into "run her over with a rental car" territory.

FGS, Kyle and Summer, listen to Jack and don't tell Phyllis about Diane's involvement in international money laundering. Not unless you want to put her on a gangster's radar. Oh wait...🤔

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9

Maybe Sally could get a job at Crimson in Port Chuck? Far away from this show.

I also resent Sally for getting angry at Adam every time he brings up HIS BROTHER. He's not some schmuck off the street he's his brother. The way both Sally and Nick seem to handwave that is crazy to me. It wouldn't be any of Adam's business if it wasn't his BROTHER. At this point I'm rooting for Phyllis or anyone to take her down a peg. I cannot stand how self-righteous these women get after riding Nick's community dick.

And to that end she didn't deserve Adam's sympathy for losing her job that she did nothing to earn since she was so happily lording her accomplishments over him while she called him toxic and defended Nick. I really really wish Adam would be done with her. I want him with Sharon but I would take his moving on with ANYONE at this point (well not Phyllis but almost anyone).

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Could Phyllis get any more hateful and obnoxious? After all the horrible things she’s done to so many people, she has the absolute gall to attack Diane in front of Summer and Kyle? Will someone, anyone please just shoot her between her eyes?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Ashley is a real shit head. Kyle and Summer just come home and basically the first thing she has to tell Kyle about Diane and Tucker.  Does Ashley realize that wearing white after Labor Day is a no no. 

Talk about shit heads, up pops Cruella.  Are the monkeys with a keyboard trying to make Cruella less black hearted by lightning her hair?  Epic fail!  Cruella is bastardizing Banana Breath’s relationship ship with Sally puts him in a very troubling position but fails to realize that her relationship with Ashland put her much more in a troubling position.  

Summer Summer Summer, feeding information to Tucker about Ashley is not even remotely close to being as despicable as anything your mother has done. 

Adam and Sally are still 🔥🔥🔥.  Please please get them back together because Sally and Banana Breath 🥶🥶🥶.

Rodan to Summer and Kyle, Caw Caw!!  I love the way that Rodan takes a victory lap even though she lied to Kyle and Summer.  It’s a good thing that Nikki, Ashley, and Rodan are “socially distancing” themselves for they would be be hitting each other as the talk. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Could Phyllis get any more hateful and obnoxious? After all the horrible things she’s done to so many people, she has the absolute gall to attack Diane in front of Summer and Kyle? Will someone, anyone please just shoot her between her eyes?

The way the citizenry of GC treat Adam (thinly veiled disgust, if he’s lucky, as soon as he walks in a room) is the way they should treat JazzHands. She’s an awful person and everyone knows it, including the people who love her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 9

I’m to the point where it’s disappointing to see Diane because I know I’m going to have to see Phyllis and Nikki. 

It never occurred to Victor that Adam turned on his family because they turned on him? Specifically, reinstating Victoria as CEO and yanking it from Adam?

Ashley looked like she was ready for a karate class.

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

"It's not personal, Nicholas, it's business" says Victoria, with the smile I imagine she usually only has when kicking small dogs.  It's painful enough to have to listen to Nick making (somewhat) sense but for Victoria to pull that chestnut out her ass was too much.

When, EVER, did Victoria or Victor, for that matter, make a business decision that wasn't personal?  Victor built his business out of grudges and spite, from his introduction to Genoa City, feeding rats to his prisoner in the basement, to decades of attacking Jabot because he had to grow up in that benighted orphanage and Jack didn't.  All of his underhanded tactics, his fake deaths, all it, was personal.  Then, he plays each kid against the other for years, treats Nikki and every other woman like crap until he finally settles on Victoria as his chosen heir because she's proven she's emotionally stunted enough for the job.

He sent Adam to prison on trumped up charges, used him in his games with Victoria, then Victoria uses him as well, but "it's only business"??  It hurts my head when Nick is the smartest arthropod in the room.  This group doesn't have the brains to run a lemonade stand.

Sally, considering everything, was a study in restraint today and I thought Adam handled himself better than I expected.  Put 'em back together, Show.  Let those two build their own business and tell those troglodytes to kiss their opposable thumbs.

Speaking of opposable thumbs, it looked to me like Kyle and Summer might just be hanging Phyllis up by hers, tomorrow.  While dodging the spittle flying out of her unhinged jaw, neither of them looked too thrilled to see her.  No matter what Diane has done, at least she doesn't act like she's trying out for a job as head flying monkey for the Wicked Witch of the West the way Phyllis does.

If only someone had doused Nikki, Ashley and Phyllis with a bucket of water when they were all together at the Raunch today, watching them melt would have been so satisfying.

• Like 1
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Could Phyllis get any more hateful and obnoxious? 

The answer is always yes. 

What a code violation on humanity she was today- send in an exterminator on this bitch already.  Ugh.

Today was literally just hateful people spending their time gloating AND further planning on ruining other people's lives.  

In the witches coven scene at Poseur Manor, Ashley was woman spreading- in all white, no less-until ED I think suddenly realized it.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Why recast? Couldn't the original come back?

Allegedly the original actress has been asked to come back more than once and she's always declined to do so. (Perhaps most notably when KSJ/Neil died.) If that's true I figure they should go ahead and recast the role.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Ashley is a real shit head. Kyle and Summer just come home and basically the first thing she has to tell Kyle about Diane and Tucker.  

I agree. At first I thought she was going to say something like "We have a candlelit lobster dinner waiting for you on your first night back" but was gobsmacked that she couldn't wait to tell them nasty news.

12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Summer Summer Summer, feeding information to Tucker about Ashley is not even remotely close to being as despicable as anything your mother has done. 

I don't even know what information there is to feed. Not to mention nobody would tell Diane anything anyway. Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I agree. At first I thought she was going to say something like "We have a candlelit lobster dinner waiting for you on your first night back" but was gobsmacked that she couldn't wait to tell them nasty news.

I don't even know what information there is to feed. Not to mention nobody would tell Diane anything anyway. Sheesh.

I don't know why the writers couldn't come up with a better backstory to explain Tucker and Diane's connection. Tucker managed to unearth a whole "unknown Abbott family member (Allie)" : why would he need Diane to come up with info on Ashley? Tucker clearly has extensive resources to get any information he needed without using someone that the Abbotts wouldn't give the time of day, let alone any insider scoops on Ashley's comings and goings. 

I have to admit, the backstory on Diane as an unwitting money-laundering mule is a plausible one. Going from being used by one rich guy to being blackmailed by another is also a good story, it's just the nature of the blackmail that doesn't track.

I'm at the point where I don't even care what Diane did in the past. I want to see her winning. I wouldn't even mind seeing her her and Jack together, if only to watch the Witches' heads explode.

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, nasir jones said:

The way the citizenry of GC treat Adam (thinly veiled disgust, if he’s lucky, as soon as he walks in a room) is the way they should treat JazzHands. She’s an awful person and everyone knows it, including the people who love her.

If we could murder fictional characters let me tell you how half that town would be dead and I'd be bathing in blood tonight. I'm sorry y'all but these people ain't shit.

• Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Sharon is Chelsea's admitting therapist? So wrong in so many ways...professionals don't arrange services for family, or people they know socially, or on a personal level. This is a major ethical and boundary transgression. As for keeping Chelsea's admission a secret, IMO it just plays into the stereotype that there is something inherently shameful about what is going on. So, Billy and Sharon feel they have the perogative to keep any other people that would want to offer support in the dark? I find their conceit about that truly off-putting. I think Adam as Connor's father has a right to be informed, why don't Sharon and Billy? They don't exactly enjoy pristine histories themselves regarding Chelsea. As for the argument Chelsea "doesn't want people to know," her judgement is impaired...that's why she's in a facility. Sharon should have explained to Chelsea why Connor's father would need to be informed...just another example of why Sharon has zero business being part of Chelsea's treatment team. I don't know why the character of Neil is resurrected so frequently. He was a great guy, but today the old scenes seemed like space-filling devices, they didn't advance any storyline, they were just a reminder of what an actor that was good at his craft looked like. The scenes between Nate and Elena lacked energy. Sorry, Elena, I don't think Nate is really interested in anyone other than himself at present

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Elena's back!

Now that Connor and Johnny have come to a meeting of the minds about their relationship to each other and to Chelsea, I guess she'll be vindicated and magically cured. 🙄

Billy has promised to help Chelsea through her treatment. Somehow I don't think that will sit well with Lily.

(I just hope things don't go the way they did on AMC when MCE's nutbag character got so bad she was put in a padded cell. Then her British secret agent boyfriend kept sneaking into the asylum to have sex with her. His peen had curative properties, lol.

Neil flashbacks. Wasn't expecting that.

"Confidential." Sure, Sharon. I'm bet you'll be gossiping about Chelsea's situation to somebody within a week. Because running your mouth about people is what you do.

Elena has nice legs. I think she's right up there with Sally on the great gams scale.

OMG, Nate is still talking shite about Devon and how this whole thing is due to the hold Neil's memory has on him. Shut up, Nate.

I'm glad they paid a small tribute to Neil/KSJ today but how sad IMO that Lily and Devon can't also mention Dru. Lily can bring up Cane though. Bet DG will again be on social media trying to drum up support for Cane's return to GC. KMN.

It's completely missing me where this guilt and responsibility Billy feels about Chelsea is coming from. Did he forget how and why Johnny was concieved? AFAIC he has a permanent upper hand on her and owes her nothing.

Yass, Dr. Dawson is no dummy; she zeroed right on Nate's joke of a CEO job at Newman Media. Tell that truth, Elena! Not that he'll let himself hear it though. Nate is a tool, specifically Victoria Newman's.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Is Sharon a licensed therapist? I thought after she got her degree she basically just doled out help at Crimson Lights. Free therapy session after five lattes with your Crimson Lights Rewards Card.

Billy needs to shut his mouth about Adam being counterintuitive. If they want Chelsea to get to a better place, they need to limit her time with Billy. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

So, Billy and Sharon feel they have the perogative to keep any other people that would want to offer support in the dark? I find their conceit about that truly off-putting. I think Adam as Connor's father has a right to be informed

I agree and I am seething over this. How dare Billy keep information away from Adam? I think he wants to stick it to Adam as much as he wants to help.Chelsea.  And now.knowing that Connor and Johnny have reflected and changed their reactions to Chelsea being Johnny's mother it would help her if Adam was able to tell her this. But of course Mr Screw  Up Billy thinks only he can help her. I hope.Lily dumps.him pronto.

Nice Neil flashbacks but I was hoping that when Devon was talking about how he owed Neil for making him what he is today that they would show.flashbacks of him boinking Hilary when Neil was blind.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Are you subtly yet jokingly referencing FMN? LOL

Hmm, I'm not sure what FMN means but what I was referring to is "kill me now." 😉

Nice Neil flashbacks but I was hoping that when Devon was talking about how he owed Neil for making him what he is today that they would show.flashbacks of him boinking Hilary when Neil was blind.

But then they'd also have to show Neil kidnapping Hilary and holding her hostage in a musty boathouse while she was in a coma for months. I dunno, I think the payback may have been a lot worse the original harm that was done. 😕

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

That’s a new facility?  It looks like they repurposed the Clinic. What happened to Fairview?  I guess this is suppose to be a better facility but how can I believe that if they are allowing Nostrils to stick around.  Oh, I forgot, Nostrils bought some Cracker Jacks and also got a degree in psychology. 

Leave it to kids to work things out but I’m sure their bonding will be made more difficult by Cruella. 

The way Adam talked to Connor affirms my belief that Adam is 10 times the father Nostrils, Banana Breath, or even Victor can ever be. Once again, I have to bring up that that wonderful father, Nostrils, left DeDe in a running car alone. To me Nostrils has lost all rights to call himself a father and pass any judgment on Adam. 

Kudos Elena for calling balls and strikes on Natey Nate Nate. Elena sees right through Cruella’s motives as a reward for betraying his family and being loyal to her. 

Since when would Sharon be more loyal to Chelsea and Nostrils over Adam and not contemplating on how to tell Adam where Chelsea is.  By Connor seeing his mother and telling her that he loves her and worked things out with Johnny would be more beneficial that Chelsea’s new fixation, Nostrils. By the way, Nostrils is part of Chelsea’s problem with leading her on, rejecting her kiss, and pulling the plug on the podcast.  Nostrils cannot be held harmless. 

I have one last question. If Chelsea didn’t know she was going to a “facility”, how did they get her medical records?  Even Sharon’s records couldn’t be released without Chelsea signing a release.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I have just had a revelation as to why Sharon and Steffy (B&B) remind me of each other. They memorize their lines, say them in a monotone, wait for the other person to reply, say them in a monotone, etc, etc. Neither one of them have any expression, exuberance, emotion in their voices or faces. Boring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

How is what ButtBiscuit and Sharon doing with Chelsea not at least akin to kidnapping?  Sharon's not her therapist, unless knowing Chelsea likes her latte made with low foam and yak milk now qualifies as therapeutic treatment.  ButtBiscuit isn't related to her, unless being a former rape victim and current buttinski qualifies.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

The way Adam talked to Connor affirms my belief that Adam is 10 times the father Nostrils, Banana Breath, or even Victor can ever be. Once again, I have to bring up that that wonderful father, Nostrils, left DeDe in a running car alone. To me Nostrils has lost all rights to call himself a father and pass any judgment on Adam. 

I'm very frustrated at how little due has been given to Adam regarding how well he's treated Chelsea since her return. Hell, he put up with her sexual harrassment and even hired Chloe (who's attempted to murder him twice for God's sake) Every time Chloe opens her mouth about Adam I want to do her like Michael Myers and hurl her into a cement grinder. Girl, bye! He gave you a career all for your bitch-ass bestie Chelsea's sake and unlike everyone else (including Chloe) has had nothing but her and Connor's best interests at heart since the wench flew back to town SHUT UP!

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5

Yeah, this might sound bad, but Billy has no right to ask this of Lily here.  Being ok with compassion is one thing. But if you're going to openly commit to spending your waking hours with someone who isn't your family member/spouse/significant other...she's not wrong for not being ok with that.

Is Sharon claiming she (or Billy) is bound by some kind of law, here? If not, tell Adam, FFS.  Then he can decide on a way to keep Connor updated without freaking him out.  

This might just be Jason Thompson's mostly negative interpretation of this character, but there are major "I'm a hero" vibes from Billy, and I'm already sick of it.  

As much as I think Elena's been almost completely right thus far, I think it's a mistake to encourage Nate to keep seeking forgiveness.  First because it's up to the people he wronged whether they want to or not, not for him to force a forgiveness tour on them until he gets what he wants.   And it's a convenient excuse for Nate to get self righteous for all the "amends" he's supposedly made.

Edited by JNavarro
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I agree that Lily has every right to be pissed.  It's not the same, but ButtBiscuit abandoned his job with her with the company in flux and now told her he's committed himself to being at Chelsea's beck and call no matter what as long as she needs him.  Yeah, Lily encouraged him to step away from his job at C/W, but she didn't do it so he could glom on to the next needy woman who crossed his path.  No surprise that he would take pleasure in cutting Adam out of the loop but I'm a little surprised Sharon is doing it with such ease as well.  Neither of them have the slightest legal right to have any say whatsover in Chelsea's care.

Also, imagine being suicidally depressed and opening your eyes to see that watching over you is a homicidal Howdy Doody puppet, with twin tunnels of deep despair for nostrils, little coal black button eyes reflecting nothingness and an ass flatter than the great plains going by the name of "Billy Abbott".  

giphy.gif

Abandon all Hope, Chelsea.  Now, your therapist/barista wants to know if you want that cappuccino dry or completely, totally insane?

It's laughable that Sharon had the gall to describe herself as Chelsea's "admitting Therapist" as if that's even a thing for her.  Ever since she got her online degree from Whoopie Kushion Krazee College, complete with squirting lapel Class flower and red rubber nose, all she's done with her degree is butt into customers lives and gossip about her "patients".  I can't believe she has admitting privileges anywhere, unless Cinnabon has a locked ward treatment facility in Genoa City.

It was nice to see those Neil flashbacks, but it also doesn't erase Neil's less than admirable moments.  Besides that bathouse spa he held Hillary in, lets not forget how he got with Sophia behind his brother's back, faked his blindness and tried to set up Devon, not that Devon didn't deserve it after the crap he pulled with Hillary.  Devon's looking at his past with Neil not just with blinders, but with big blocks of memory seemingly excised from his brain.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Sharon better tell Adam what’s going on today. She is his child’s mom and it’s not fair to leave them wondering what happened to her. Adam’s been supportive of Chelsea recently. Billy shouldn’t be involved at all at this point. He’ll always blame Adam for Delia even though he left the girl unattended in a car at night. 
Anyways don’t hospitals call a relative? That would be Chelsea’s mom. They aren’t estranged, there’s no reason not to call her.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Sharon the brilliant therapist, instead of saying “don’t worry we won’t tell anybody anything at all” could have said.. “Connor will be wondering where you are, what would you like us to tell him… can we tell him you weren’t feeling well and are in a hospital getting medical care?”  
now she’s in a bind she created for herself

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

Sharon the brilliant therapist, instead of saying “don’t worry we won’t tell anybody anything at all” could have said.. “Connor will be wondering where you are, what would you like us to tell him… can we tell him you weren’t feeling well and are in a hospital getting medical care?”  

All true.  But shouldn't the facility intake doctor have thought of that?  Especially when asking if Chelsea had children and finding out there are two, shouldn't she have asked who was taking care of them, should they be contacted?*  Also, does a medical directive cover things such as this?  Someone mentioned her mother should be contacted and I agree.  Her case shouldn't be under discussion with two people who are not related to her.

*dark thought here:  many suicides are preceded by a murder-shouldn't somebody have checked to make sure Connor was ok?

• Like 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t think a patient would be napping with a visitor hanging out in their room.

If  a patient comes in, where I work,  with SI (suicidal ideations)  the door is always open and a security person seated outside who keeping watch. 

sometimes they are there for many days till placement can be found.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Anyways don’t hospitals call a relative? That would be Chelsea’s mom. They aren’t estranged, there’s no reason not to call her.

Depending on who is listed a emergency contact. we don't call random family members not knowing if members could be estranged from / have abusive issues with the patient. patients might not want parents or partners knowing anything about the hospitalization because they might be part of patients problems! You have to be very careful who you call.

Edited by xls
corrected spellig
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4

Lots of "how do you feels" today: Phyllis/Summer, Summer/Kyle, frankly all I felt was second hand embarrassment for these people's inability to act. Of course, the material they have to work with is wretched.... Diane was dishonest, so it follows she needs to get out of town? Almost as idiotic as Ashley (of the over-processed hair) and Tucker cosplaying McQueen & Dunaway in The Thomas Crowne Affair, doing "banter amongst Genoa City sophisticates"  2.0. On the previews for next week, what made Abby's head nod into Devon's prior to that lackluster liplock? Someone here pointed out a few days ago the actress playing Abby looked like she could be on downers, and this scene could be her submission reel for rehab. Just ghastly IMO.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, lgprimes said:

You are exactly right, and I hate how the show is writing the characters around Chelsea as feeding this narrative that Chelsea getting inpatient treatment for mental illness is something that needs to be kept secret, because it's attitudes like this that actually keep people from getting help sooner. If a character has a brain tumor it's tragic, but a mental illness needs to be shushed up,  according to the MWT's.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Sharon better tell Adam what’s going on today. She is his child’s mom and it’s not fair to leave them wondering what happened to her. Adam’s been supportive of Chelsea recently. Billy shouldn’t be involved at all at this point. He’ll always blame Adam for Delia even though he left the girl unattended in a car at night. 

It just goes to show how terrible the writing is. Sharon would NEVER and I mean NEVER be in cahoots with Billy to purposely deceive Adam. Sharon's loyalty to Adam has been tested and proved time and again over the years even over Nick the Community Dick and she will always choose Adam so it's JG writing for plotpoints again. I personally really enjoy JT, SC, MG and MCE's work so I feel really bad for the actors involved in this.

I remember how faithful Molly Burnett (whom I love) on DOOL used to be to explaining Melanie's thought process and I almost remember the exact moment (throughout that Philip/Mel/Nathan fiasco) when she literally gave up because she had been playing Melanie as very much on love with Philip and the writers just did a random about-face that made no sense. I feel so bad for these actors who take their craft seriously having to swallow their pride, reason and common sense and try to make sense of some of the absolute drivel that these awful writers come up with. 

I think there could be a whole show in itself in watching some of these Y and R actors react to the awful scripts. I can tune out anytime but they're locked in a contract with this crap. I don't blame Mishael one iota for packing her duffel bag and leaving onto better things.  Hunter King too, good for them!

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hmm, I'm not sure what FMN means but what I was referring to is "kill me now." 😉

Time to reactivate some of those ol' brain cells. Remember the gahdawful mess of a story with Genie Francis? She played Cane's mother. She was the owner of FMN holding company which bought Beauty Of Nature. Although IRL people use FMN to mean "fuck me now", in this convoluted mess of a story it was used as Forget Me Not. It had to do with Cane's dead sister, Samantha. It was all such a convoluted mess. And it involved Tucker.

19 hours ago, boes said:

How is what ButtBiscuit and Sharon doing with Chelsea not at least akin to kidnapping?  Sharon's not her therapist, unless knowing Chelsea likes her latte made with low foam and yak milk now qualifies as therapeutic treatment.  ButtBiscuit isn't related to her, unless being a former rape victim and current buttinski qualifies.

What's really irking me is ButtBiscuit keeping Chelsea's dirty little secret, oops I mean ButtBiscuit not telling anyone anything about Chelsea's serious condition, while only a short time ago he was all about spilling the tea of everyone he knew on his podcast in his secret disguised voice. Jackass.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

What is up with Kyle's bouffant hairdo today? Jesus, that's embarrassing.

I think he's skipped the hair dryer and just sticks his finger directly into the socket.  Saves time and gives him that Extra duty Prell bounce!

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

Summer Summer Summer more drama with Diane but why did you fail to mention, to your father, that her mother is part of the drama?  Why does Rodan aSummer getting on Sally’s case about being unpredictable in getting what she wants.  Summer, while in GC has Sally tried to kill anyone to get what she wants?  Oh, that must be her mother that will do anything including putting her feelings first to get what she wants. 

Speaking of MS, I saw her in a move from 20 years ago called “Double Jeopardy”.  I didn’t recognize her at first because her face was much fuller. This made her mouth look smaller and her teeth and jawline were not as pronounced. 

Rodan was altruistic in showing Kyle compassion about finding out about his mother?  I must have missed that part.  Is Rodan really a Newman?  Like Nikki, Victor, and especially Cruella, Rodan never takes responsibility for their actions and takes offense when they are called out.  Jack did a masterful job on calling Rodan out but true to form, Rodan just became more indignant. 

So here we go again with much to do about nothing. So Tucker gave Diane the information about Allie and with that Diane used that information to get back into Jack’s and Kyle’s life. But for Sally’s manipulations, Summer wouldn’t be running Marchetti and Jack wouldn’t have found out that he has a granddaughter.  

Why wouldn’t Ashley believe Tucker in forming an alliance with an “enemy” to achieve a goal?  Didn’t Ashley just do that with Nikki and Rodan?  Now who’s playing who?  Tucker is too smart to be outplayed by Ashley.  Tucker is already suspicious of Ashley accepting him that quickly. 

Rodan give me a break. Nothing you ever done, to Jack, is as bad as Diane. I guess cheating with Banana Breath and than with Nostrils isn’t that bad?  Summer, ask yourself how bad you would feel if Kyle wanted no part of Rodan being around?  After all Rodan has been lying to Summer and Kyle and keeping secrets from them also.  Summer can you tell me how many people, in GC, were not caught up in a few felonies?  Summer Summer Summer as Kyle’s wife, if you love him so much, don’t get in between a son and his mother especially that because that’s what your mother wants. 

There is nothing more off putting than Rodan acting pathetic 🤢🤢🤮🤮

I find it quite interesting that more children were conceived out of wedlock than in “marital bliss”. 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9