Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Victoria and Nick should have had red blinking signs around their necks saying "we are hiding something". Their shotty entitled attitude with Chance is just unbelievable. Confronting him just makes them look so bad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

And there it is.  Victor's pissy because Nick/Victoria aren't fawning over him (and they STILL mostly are) for his dumb plan that never even needed to happen in the first place.  Time for a nap and a diaper change, sweetie.

Not too thrilled with Abby's so called honest conversation with Chance today.  She knows damn well what his decision already is, she could at least make the decision to support him or tell him straight up what she thinks.  

It never quite seemed like "his" until recently, but I think MG is really settling into the role as Adam.  Which is too bad, because as mentioned above, his meandering around is probably just part of his big plan to win Daddy's favor.

The veteran/cop trying to live up to the ideals of a difficult job, vs a trash criminal cult... I mean family.  Who can truly know who's right, it's so "complicated".  Ugh.... This show is exhausting sometimes.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

The only thing that could have made Chance's meeting with Victoria and Francis the Talking Mule less enjoyable would have been if ButtBiscuit had sat his flat ass down and joined in the entitled whine fest.  Then, back at the Raunch, we had Victor droning on about how Newman Pipe Cleaners and Enema Nozzle Inc. wasn't just a way to make money or acquire power, it was also to create a legacy. 

A legacy.  For those two.  Victoria and Nick.  Nick hasn't learned not to catch his junk in his zipper and still saves his ear wax for late night snacks, while Victoria thinks being a big executive means treating people like shit while shuffling papers and wondering why she can't ever win at Wordle.

B.S. on the legacy nonsense, anyway.  The goal of everything Victor has ever done, the ultimate aim of his life is personal glorification and dominance over everyone else.  All of his relationships are transactional and the dice are always weighted in his favor.

Victor could have achieved the same results with a feather on a stick or a whoppie cushion.  The "Newman Legacy" should come with a laugh track.

Victor slouched into Sally's office like Jabba the Hut looking for lunch and Sally let him know the kitchen was closed.  It's been far too long since someone treated Victor exactly the way he deserves.  More, please.

I don't trust Adam wanting to team up with Chance.  I'm afraid his motive will be to  sabotage Chance and "save" Victor by claiming he's the one who moved Ashland's body.  The other day, Jack told Adam that he was really looking, not for forgiveness, but instead, to forgive.  What better way to prove that to Victor than to take the fall for him?

Trouble is, Victor won't appreciate it, Nikki won't recognize it for what it is, and Nikki and Victoria will still be chasing that feather.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

Boes - getting my day started with a really good laugh. Nick as “Francis the Talking Mule” is a visual I won’t soon get out of my head. He has never been a great actor; but when he stays in his lane of The Voice of Normality, good dad and friend he is passable. 

Victor and Phyllis being Scourges with a capital “S” on their families and friends is way past the point of being tiresome and silly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, boes said:

B.S. on the legacy nonsense, anyway.  The goal of everything Victor has ever done, the ultimate aim of his life is personal glorification and dominance over everyone else.  All of his relationships are transactional and the dice are always weighted in his favor.

Victor could have achieved the same results with a feather on a stick or a whoppie cushion.  The "Newman Legacy" should come with a laugh track.

Victor slouched into Sally's office like Jabba the Hut looking for lunch and Sally let him know the kitchen was closed.  It's been far too long since someone treated Victor exactly the way he deserves.  More, please.

I don't trust Adam wanting to team up with Chance.  I'm afraid his motive will be to  sabotage Chance and "save" Victor by claiming he's the one who moved Ashland's body.  The other day, Jack told Adam that he was really looking, not for forgiveness, but instead, to forgive.  What better way to prove that to Victor than to take the fall for him?

Trouble is, Victor won't appreciate it, Nikki won't recognize it for what it is, and Nikki and Victoria will still be chasing that feather.

Boes, I want on record for a laugh and applause on this one.   Well done.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, boes said:

Newman Pipe Cleaners and Enema Nozzle Inc.

Appropriate name for a corporation whose "executives" appear to put in 90 minute workdays, with the rest of their time being spent at some coffeeshop, restaurant or rooftop bistro.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 8/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, MsMalin said:

Eric Braden really seems to be running out of gas lately. He pauses between words like he has run out of breath and like his synapses aren't firing 

Even back in his "Rat Patrol" days, the German born Eric Braeden, under the name Hans Gudegast (birth name: Hans-Jörg Gudegast), had a habit of pausing between words and phrases, which I think may have been due to a need to mentally translate his lines from English into German in order to remember them, and then having to mentally translate them back into English when he spoke them.  Plus, he turned 81 this year and seems to be expected to appear in about two-thirds of the episodes shown, which might be a contributing factor in his "running out of gas."

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3

Victor/EB can be infuriating but at 81 he's doing pretty good and looks younger than his age! I thought he was like 73.

RE Victoria & Billy's home. Yes--t was defintely in a neighborhood with a street and other houses visible from the yard but I think it was supposed to be more suburban and not walking distance to downtown or anything. Remember when Chelsea was going on the lam with Conner and Christian? She had second thoughts on the way out of town and dropped Christian off on Victoria's front door and rang the doorbell....

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I'm starting to revisit the Newman and Abbott clans after a decades long hiatus.  I still have no idea who most of the extended family members are.  But when did they all morph from decent characters that you cared about into these cartoonish caricatures?  I used to admire the Newmans, now I can't wait to see NE and the family crash and burn (although that will probably never happen).  And Phyllis was always wack-a-doo, but now what a joke, and not a funny one.

To me there are too many characters - so many that there is no cohesiveness and the stories suffer.  It's like Y&R is just a part-time job for most of the actors.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

It's like Y&R is just a part-time job for most of the actors.  

It probably is. The show has gotten so much more visibly cheaper in its production values that it's easy to assume they're only paying the cast the equivalent of part-time salaries over a longer contract period.

The only thing TPTB still seem to be spending notable $$$ on is the women's clothes. A lot of those outfits are rather expensive and most of them are only worn once. (Though now a single day in GC is spanned out over up to 10 episodes so maybe that's how they think they're getting their money's worth out the wardrobe expense.)

seems to be expected to appear in about two-thirds of the episodes shown,

Not so sure about two-thirds. For example, these are the episode counts for the cast for July 2022, posted on another soap forum:

1.) Joshua Morrow (Nicholas Newman) : 18
2.) Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman) : 16
3.) Mark Grossman (Adam Newman) : 15
*.) Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) : 15
5.) Courtney Hope (Sally Spectra) : 13
6.) Robert Newman (Ashland Locke) : 12
7.) Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) : 10
*.) Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers) : 10
*.) Susan Walters (Diane Jenkins) : 10
*.) Kelsey Wang (Allie Nguyen) : 10
11.) Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) : 9
*.) Rory Gibson (Noah Newman) : 9
*.) Sharon Case (Sharon Rosales) : 7
*.) Allison Lanier (Summer Newman) : 7
*.) Jason Thompson (Billy Abbott) : 7
16.) Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Lawson) : 6
*.) Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Fisher) : 6
18.) Connor Floyd (Phillip "Chance" Chancellor IV) : 5
*.) Christel Khalil (Lily Winters) : 5
*.) Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) : 5
*.) Michael Mealor (Kyle Abbott) : 5
22.) Sean Dominic (Nate Hastings) : 3
*.) Camryn Grimes (Mariah Copeland) : 3
*.) Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott) : 3
*.) Cait Fairbanks (Tessa Porter) : 3
*.) Leigh-Ann Rose (Imani Benedict) : 3
27.) Bryton James (Devon Hamilton) : 2
*.) Mishael Morgan (Amanda Sinclair) : 2
*.) Brytni Sarpy (Elena Dawson) : 2
*.) Beth Maitland (Traci Abbott) : 2
31.) Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman - Abbott-Chancellor) : 1
*.) Tracey Bregman (Lauren Fenmore Baldwin) : 1
*.) Reylynn Caster (Faith Newman) : 1

Over 21 episodes, EB appeared in about half. Now that Ashland's gone he may move up in the count but right now it seems like Chance is the one picking up a lot more episodes.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

I was feeling sorry for Nate too, but after today's episode, I have ZERO sympathy for the idiot. First of all, Imani has been anything but subtle in her pursuit of Nate, and now he has actual proof that the meeting that she supposedly set up never existed, but he is being so woefully clueless about it. I don't even like Elena, but I was practically standing up and applauding her as she laid out the situation with perfection for her clueless idiot boyfriend. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 18

Imani Imani Imani, you were just outed by Sally. Shame on you!  Wow! Is Elena that popular?  Of course she is. Why would that be different than any other person or business who has the Midas Touch in GC. That must have been a substantial money offer from Natey Nate Nate because Elena’s success is moving to NM’s competition. 

Why is Nostrils trying to keep Chelsea away from Johnny?  What difference does it make?  To Johnny, Chelsea is only Connor’s mom. Is Nostrils afraid that Chelsea will tell Johnny that she’s his real mother?  Why was it ok for Harrison to find out that Kyle was his father but not for Johnny to find out that Chelsea is his mother?  Why keep Connor and Johnny knowing that they are half brothers?  They are old enough to understand.  Plus  Johnny knows that Olive is not his biological mother so he’s old enough to know that Katie is only his half sister. 

Chelsea just had to confront Sally. Doesn’t Chelsea know better than to match wits with Sally?  Sally cut Chelsea a new one with you have a kid together, but couldn’t make it work after many tries.  

Natey Nate Nate stop trying to defend Imani with Elena. It only making you put your foot in your mouth. 

I rather see Rodan flap her wings (Caw Caw) than someone talking with food in their mouth. Today it’s Nostrils. 

I would love to know how to take screenshots, of Tessa’s face, and turn them into emojis. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

So Nate’s plan to ‘be bold’ and ‘take action’ is to wave a bunch of zeroes in Sally’s face in order to get Elena out of her contract? And then he’s going to get all pissy with Devon when Devon slams him for it? Previews actually show Nate challenging Devon. I can’t wait for the ‘what are you going to do, fire me?’ Line to be followed by ‘as a matter of fact, yes. You’re fired.’  Nate needs to learn that the COO does NOT own or run the company, nor does he have the final say on business decisions. Mr. ‘I ran a whole hospital department and have a business education’ is fucking clueless when it comes to how the real world works.

I hope Devon rescinds the offer.

Chelsea is clearly off her rocker and probably her meds. And if she isn’t off them, she should be on some. Girl, you RAPED Billy, which is how Johnny happened. Is that the ‘truth’ you want Johnny to know? And what’s so terrible about Connor and Johnny just being friends? Why do they have to know they’re brothers? If Billy has any sense at all, he’ll promptly forget he even agreed to talk to Victoria. Because she’s rightfully going to tell him where to go and what to do when he gets there.

I loved Sally not taking the bait and giving it right back to Chelsea. Didn’t really like her texting Adam with the offer to give him what he wants if he tells the truth about their breakup. Just let it go. You’ve got the job, you convinced everyone including Victor that you can do it. Don’t throw it all away for a man, no matter how much you still love him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6

So has that been Chelsea's agenda all this time, to get to see Johnny? Maybe Billy should've been taking her hints more seriously instead of being laser- focused on their podcast venture.

Nate wearing a pink-ish tie to match Elena's top. Nope, still not liking that. Whatever, are Imani's shady chickens finally coming home to roost? She made a big assumption that Nate would never speak to Sally directly about their allegedly scheduled dinner meeting.

Loved Mariah's blowout. Summer's messy beach waves, not so much. That beach must've been full of seaweed and dead jellyfish. 😼

Oh, I don't know about Tessa being The Face of Marchetti. I think there's starting to be a bit of blowback from consumers about actors and musicians being used as fashion models. Most of them don't really have models' bodies, plus it's taking work away from actual professional models. Maybe Tessa could represent a specific line of clothes within the overall Marchetti label.

Why is Chelsea acting entitled to see Johnny? It was not an open adoption, for good reasons.

NATE! Some conflict in the scheduling? Imani played you, fool. Played you like the simple tool you are.

Chelsea's pants were different. At first I wondered if she had them on backwards. Those style of pockets in the front of them usually sit in the back.

Meh, Chelsea's trying to replace the loss of Rey with Johnny. That's a lot of responsibility to put on an innocent child, not to mention the potential danger of having Damien Connor help her get to Johnny.

Wow, I can't wait to see this financial incentive Nate gave Sally to release Elena from her NM contract. Sally seemed a bit taken aback by it so that probably means Devon will explode when he finds out. (Next week's previews say yep.)

Elena read the situation with Imani and the fake dinner meeting perfectly. And when she explained it to Nate, all he could do is get a "watchutalkinboutwillis?" look on his stupid mug.

Whee! You're gonna learn, Chelz. Don't come for Sally unless she sends for you. She's dealt with bigger bishes than your nutbag self, plus you know in your soul Adam loves her. 🤡

A true crime podcast, Chelsea? Lol, stick with what you know. But you better make sure the statute of limitations has passed on all your felonies before you start yucking it up about them for an audience.

Not sure why Nate and Elena were having their argument in Lily's office. They probably should've kept it on neutral ground.

Re next week's previews: yeah, looks like as far as Devon is concerned, Nate is about to learn the meaning of FAFO. (Probably NSFW)

I hope Devon rescinds the offer.

I dunno, why should Elena be punished because her boyfriend is an idiot?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Why was it ok for Harrison to find out that Kyle was his father but not for Johnny to find out that Chelsea is his mother?  

That is an excellent point. Yet Ashland was the bad guy. He was very generous in letting Harrison get to know Kyle. I know many will disagree with me but that is how I see it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is Chelsea acting entitled to see Johnny? It was not an open adoption, for good reasons.

I may be remembering incorrectly but I thought they had it in writing that Chelsea would be allowed to be part of his life or something to that effect.

LATER:  Just found this after researching the subject: Victoria and Billy took Chelsea in, and before the baby was born, Michael Baldwin drew up a termination of parental rights document that Chelsea signed after receiving reassurances she’d remain known to the child, and Victoria adopted the boy, now known as Johnny. Baldwin warned Billy at the time that prenatal custody agreements weren’t ironclad.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

I may be remembering incorrectly but I thought they had it in writing that Chelsea would be allowed to be part of his life or something to that effect.

Nope, Chelsea has never been a part of Johnny's life. She handed him over to Billy and Victoria and allowed her parental rights to be terminated. Before Johnny was born Billy and Victoria told Chelsea they'd let her be a part of his life so she'd sign the adoption papers. After he was born, things happened to make them decide to maintain some distance and Chelsea agreed in hopes of making herself seem like she was becoming a better person.

I think the difference between Chelsea/Johnny/Billy, Ashland/Harrison/Kyle, and Devon/Dominic/Abby is that the conceptions of Harrison and Dom didn't involve drugging and sexual assault.

As far as Harrison in particular is concerned, I think it's eventually going to come to light that Kyle isn't his biological father. Tara was acting fishy about that DNA test and it looked like she may have paid off the medical tech who collected the saliva samples.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Michael Baldwin drew up a termination of parental rights document that Chelsea signed after receiving reassurances she’d remain known to the child, and Victoria adopted the boy, now known as Johnny. Baldwin warned Billy at the time that prenatal custody agreements weren’t ironclad.

The reassurances were not a part of the written document, it was a verbal. Victoria and Billy later decided it was better not to have Chelsea involved in Johnny's life for fairly obvious reasons. Chelsea was fine with it until fairly recently.

Legally Chelsea could seek to nullify the termination of parental rights since she agreed to it before the child was born (and maybe she could claim she did it under duress) but she doesn't have the kind of resources Victoria has to fight a legal battle. I think it's a "wisdom of Solomon" situation where Chelsea needs to understand that she should put Johnny's welfare ahead of her grownup emotional issues.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Jeeze, Nate's being a dense one.  Elena wasn't saying you should have been suspicious at the time the meeting was cancelled.  She's saying you should realize NOW since Imani was all but revealed as bullshitting the whole thing.  

I can't believe he's that stupid.  It seems more likely he wants to passively play dumb so he can oopsie himself into getting laid.  

Sally's transformation character wise has been almost incredible lately.  Texting Adam at the end there was pretty cringe, but it's also probably realistic that her coming into her own is a work in progress (at least I hope so).  Regardless, I'm legit happy for CH that they're finally letting her show what she can do.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I wonder how things will play out if Johnny goes about trying to find out who his bio mom is. Does he know Billy is his father?  That can be quite a sticky situation to explain.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

They should have a yearly class for all the paternity/ maternity compromised kids. Christian and Johnny could be the attendees this year. Veterans Lily, Summer and Faith could facilitate and take questions. 
Catering by Society.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 18
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I wonder how things will play out if Johnny goes about trying to find out who his bio mom is. Does he know Billy is his father?  That can be quite a sticky situation to explain.

At some point, finding out he's biologically related to walking pimple is going to be as shattering to him as finding out he's related to Chelsea the Schmatta Queen.  

His adoptive family, the Newmans, are hardly compensation.

Maybe Uncle Jack will let him hide out with him, one of the few semi-sane members of his family.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Hmm, I'm not sure if Johnny knows Billy is his father or not. I guess I always figured he did but because he seems to know Katie is his actual sister and that Victoria adopted him. I don't know how they would've explained it to him though. Maybe he thinks his bio-mom is dead or otherwise not around. Nah, that'd pretty much be Kyle all over again. Whatever, I maintain that Johnny doesn't need to know about Chelsea until he's at least 18, but if he starts asking questions...oy.

Meanwhile, there are spumors out in the wilds that Johnny, Katie, Connor, and Christian are going to be SORASed to young teens or perhaps tweens. If that's true, here comes the dramaz.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Meanwhile, there are spumors out in the wilds that Johnny, Katie, Connor, and Christian are going to be SORASed to young teens or perhaps tweens. If that's true, here comes the dramaz.

If they do it? They should do them all at one fell swoop. Although I've liked watching Faith grow up I always felt when they SORASed Lily's twins (do they even mention them anymore?) it would have been a good time for Faith too. Have them all in High School together.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

^ I can't keep up with nicknames. Who is Manjaw please?

I guess Moses has been pretty much written off. I thought for sure they would do a teen summer storyline like they used to do with pool parties, drinking parties, murders etc

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Manjaw is Chelsea. I think some viewers on AMC used to call MCE's character that too. 😼

SORASed Moses was a good idea on paper IMO but the actor wasn't up to the task. Plus, he and the actress playing SORASed Faith had the opposite of chemistry. Their relationship was never believable to me, especially the way everyone was okay with it. I think there should've been at least one person who wasn't buying how perfect it seemed that Winters scion was paired with a Newman heir.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think there should've been at least one person who wasn't buying how perfect it seemed that Winters scion was paired with a Newman heir.

And soon all the businesses in GC will belong to three families - Newman, Abbott or Winters+

Abby going off to college and getting a specialized degree is a good idea. We don't need any more Reliquary Artists running the company while the only Newman with a Harvard MBA is repeatedly left to twist in the wind.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

And what about Phyllis's granddaughter Lucy? She was born ~5 months after Charlie & Mattie (and 15 months before Johnny Abbott, 10 months before Moses, nearly 2 years before Faith). So in 6 years (Sept 30, 2009 - Oct 7, 2015) Faith, Charlie & Mattie, Lucy, Moses, Johnny, Connor, Katie & Christian were born.  10 kids in 8 years if we add Reed (2007) to the mix.  But we rarely see any of them, so why were they created in the first place?  How about a reunion of all these kids raised in boarding schools or at sleepovers with friends so that we can learn about their dysfunctional lives - 10 Billy Abbotts in the making?

Edited by deirdra
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Finally! The stylists got Nikki looking pretty and age appropriate in that cobalt blue flowered dress. Victor informing Nick to put aside his "righteousness" to function personally and professionally as a Newman, was almost as revolting as Phyllis suiting up as a psychopath, lying straight up to her "Dottir." The disrespect Victor showed Nick and Chance today, combined with how stupid Phyllis really must think Summer is, really underscores why so many young adults today "ghost"  family members for being toxic.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

Wow. Victoria just fed Abby the whole BS version of Ashland's death and then proceeded to try to use her to get Chance to back off. Are you feeling the Newman love, Abby? Tell your "sister" that Chance is a cop doing his job. He's not the Newmans' family representative to the police, and he's not allowed to discuss the case with you anyway. .

And every chance that Chance gets to give Victor a smackdown is a good story day for me. Victor keeps trying to go all Corleone on Chance, and he's like "Whatever. It's my job to follow the facts to find the truth, wherever that leads. See you soon..."

I LOVE IT! Victor's running scared!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

And what about Phyllis's granddaughter Lucy? She was born ~5 months after Charlie & Mattie (and 15 months before Johnny Abbott, 10 months before Moses, nearly 2 years before Faith). So in 6 years (Sept 30, 2009 - Oct 7, 2015) Faith, Charlie & Mattie, Lucy, Moses, Johnny, Connor, Katie & Christian were born.  10 kids in 8 years if we add Reed (2007) to the mix.  But we rarely see any of them, so why were they created in the first place?  How about a reunion of all these kids raised in boarding schools or at sleepovers with friends so that we can learn about their dysfunctional lives - 10 Billy Abbotts in the making?

Here's a list I had compiled of how old the kids would be in 2021 without SORASing. I just added a few more names, but I don't have all the birthdates.

How old they are in 2021

Abby - November 13, 2000 - 20/21

Adam - April 24, 1995 - 25/26

Allie - Age early 20s in 2022

Ana - 12 years old in 2008 - 25

Billy - July 4, 1993 - 27/28

Cassie and Mariah - January 8, 1991 - 29/30 (Mariah is older than Adam)

Chance - 1988 - 33

Charlie and Mattie - June 25, 2010 - 10/11

Chloe - July 30, 1990 - 30/31

Christian - Oct 7, 2015 - 5/6

Coleen - 1992 - would be 29

Connor - Aug 9, 2013 - 7/8

Daniel - August 17, 1994 - 26/27

Delia - February 14, 2009 - would be 11/12

Dominic - September or October 2021 - 0

Faith - September 30, 2009 - 11/12

Fenmore - October 13, 2006 - 14/15

Harrison - 

Heather - 1979 - 42

Johnny - Apr 9, 2012 - 8/9

Katie - Nov 17, 2014 - 6/7

Keemo - Viet Nam war (1955—1975) - would be 66-46 (20-years-old in 1994)

Kyle - January 8, 2001 - 19/20

Lily - 1995 - 26

Lucy Carter (Romalotti) - January 3 or 4, 2011 - 9/10

Miles - Oct 4, 2020 - 0/1

Moses - Oct 11, 2011 - 9/10

Nate - 1992 - 29

Nick - December 31, 1988 - 32/33 for a day

Noah - March 3, 1997 - 23/24

Little Phillip - December 25, 1976 - 44/45

Reed - November 29, 2007 - 13/14

Ricky - May 10, 2002 - would be 18/19

Ronan - August 12, 1986 - 34/35

Scotty - 1991 - 30

Summer - Dec 18, 2006 - 14/15

Victoria - November 17, 1982 - 38/39

Sheila’s children:

Mary/Erica (father - James Warwick) 1997 - 23/24

Diana (father - Masimo Marone) - 2003 - 19/20

Daisy and Ryder (father - Terrible Tom Fisher)  - 2006 - 14/15

Finn (father - Jack Finnegan) - in 2021 stated “30 years ago” so 1989 or 1990 (so just before her first appearance on Y&R in 1990?)

• Applause 1
  • Useful 12
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Reed. He must be with Fen and other lost children. 

They are hanging out with Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinkerbell, and Nana. 

I guess since Faith is a Newman she can afford a single dorm room at Michigan which is about 4K more. Getting a private dorm room with a private bathroom would be a much harder get. Heath and disability concerns come first.  

Is it just a coincidence that Jack and Diane are wearing gray today 🤔

Mr Chipmunk is so tech savvy he can recover and rebuild security camera footage that wasn’t recorded in the first place 🙄. Give Mr Chipmunk a cigar. The security footage is not definitive proof unless it can be shown a dead King Kong be carried into the car.  For all Chance 2.0 knows, Victor’s security guard could have been there to warn off King Kong from coming back to Olive’s home. Still no smoking gun Chance 2.0, keep digging. 

If Mariah is Diane’s boss as head of PR and marketing why would Rodan have to interact with Diane at all.  Rodan as an “executive” would be dealing with Mariah and not a worker bee.  When I was CFO, the CEO would come to me when he needed something and I would delegate to my staff if I needed to.  It would have been very easy to keep Rodan and Diane apart if Mariah just told Rodan if she needs anything to come to her first. There is no love loss between Rodan and Mariah who Mariah has first hand knowledge of how ruthless Rodan could be while her knowledge of Diane is just hear say.  I would bet $$ to 🍩🍩 that Mariah will sniff out Rodan’s plot to destroy Diane. 

I love the way that Faith talked about work like she doesn’t think that she has to work hard.  

Nikki, from her ivory tower, just about looks down on everybody. Even Sharon, who is a granddaughter’s mother, gets the side eye. Nikki, in a way, Sharon is family. 

Sharon actually did another good thing today by giving Tessa a pep talk. Kudos Sharon kudos. 

So Rodan gets an office but how about Kyle and Summer?  Why are they using Jacks office?  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Victor. What you call self-righteous indignation, anyone else would call a normal sense of fear. And a desire not to go to jail for a crime you chose to implicate them in.

Look at Nick showing off his mad business negotiation skillz for daddy. 🙄

Mariah is Diane's boss now. Oh boy. She better ask for combat pay in addition to her salary as head of marketing and PR.

OMG, how many lies can Phyllis throw at Summer at one time? I was starting to get dizzy just listening to her.

Wonder if Faith is going to have a roommate at college? She sure is planning to bring a lot of stuff for her dorm room. You'd think Grandpa Vic would buy her a condo instead of letting his favorite grandchild live with the poors for four years.

I don't understand why Chance keeps showing/telling Victor all his evidence. That just gives Victor the opportunity to come up with more excuses and false explanations.

Stitch, pshht. What about the time Abby almost committed vehicular homicide on Tucker? Didn't Victor help cover it up? Maybe Chance doesn't know about his own wife's rap sheet.

Somehow I doubt Tessa modeling for Marchetti is going to increase her fan base. There's probably not a lot of intersection between the types of customers. Sharon pulled that one out of her hat I think.

Tessa likes pomegranate ice cream. Hmm. Maybe I'd try that flavor if it was mixed with chocolate. 🍦🍨

Geez, what is Chance is trying to prove to Victor? Either arrest him or leave him alone, Chance. This is stupid.

Ooh, Victor's crack security team is in big trouble! No more crack smoking breaks for them. 😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Here's a list I had compiled of how old the kids would be in 2021 without SORASing. I just added a few more names, but I don't have all the birthdates.

Thanks for this! I love when people do this periodically, it's a fun reminder of the power of SORASing, lol!!

Another fun one I have to remind myself about from time to time: partly due to the way the characters were aged, but also due to how they're written, if you didn't know you would think that Nick is Victoria's big brother. In fact, Victoria is several years older than Nick.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Grampire: "What would you do if Abby was completely justified in defending herself, and I pointlessly covered it up to boost my ego and keep my grown children indebted"?  Wow, great argument, moron.

The Newmans- at least the sycophantic core of them- should absolutely all go to jail for this.  

Credit to Jack.  For his flaws, I've realized he has chemistry with lots of women on this show- He and Diane at least looked like a glamorous couple today.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't understand why Chance keeps showing/telling Victor all his evidence. That just gives Victor the opportunity to come up with more excuses and false explanations.

Geez, what is Chance is trying to prove to Victor? Either arrest him or leave him alone, Chance. This is stupid.

You're right, it's Genoa City's finest at, unfortunately, their finest........

BUT, I never thought I'd enjoy Chance as much as I am these days.  I loved him not missing a beat and snapping back at Victor like an actual adult human being and not one of his emotionally damaged, eternally adolescent children or that addlepated birdbrain he's currently married to.

It got so intense there for a second I was expecting Chance to blurt out to Victor that he knew his real name and called him Rumpelstilskin, 

giphy.gif

causing the old fart to explode in fury and never be seen again.

The energy given this noxious ass is ridiculous.

On other fronts, the Jabot set is back!  Now if they reinstall Gloria at the front desk, all will be right with the world.  Though, didn't the set look a little darker than before, a little more like a Hobbit Hotel?  

I hope the employee lounge has a mud wrestling court because it won't be long before the Summers/Jenkins match will be ON.

I'm very glad Tessa got her voice back, but I'm ready for Mariah to lose hers for a while.  I love her, but Shut the hell up already and let Tessa process her own stuff, why don't you?

One more thing.  That last meeting at the Raunch, when Victor gathered his flying monkeys aka fambly to insult and degrade them one more time......  Victor always enters from the doorway to the far right of the living room and then plops down in the nearest chair.  I wish Show would just put in the sound effect of a flushing toilet as he exits and closes the door because that's all I can think he's been doing EVERY TIME he comes through that door.

That would be a Newman idea of luxury living, a toilet off of every room.  They're a very high class bunch, dontcha know.  Wait till you see the soap on a rope and a jokes for the john book in the guest bathroom.  Or am I thinking of Phyllis's hotel?

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Just when I think soaps are unrealistic, a current news item somewhat mirrors Y and R. I am talking about the news that came out two days ago that Alex Baldwin pulled the trigger. After months of denial and narcissistic behavior, Alex Baldwin was investigated and indeed fired the gun. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it was murder. But it's ironic that this is exactly how Victor acts .  He is clearly guilty yet denies denies denies and acts insulted that he is accused of any bad behavjor. Yup, there are people like that in real life and usually the evidence is overwhelming and they end up in jail.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Grampire: "What would you do if Abby was completely justified in defending herself, and I pointlessly covered it up to boost my ego and keep my grown children indebted"?  Wow, great argument, moron.

Idiot! If she were completely justified there would be no reason to cover it up. The Newman's instinct is always to cover it up, even if they are within legal rights. Why is that.

Maybe Nick should get an Ashland mask made and walk around GC to prove Ashland is alive and well.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Ummm...inquiring minds want to know! Not even a mention of services for Poppin' Fresh, just concern about the press. Guess that means he gets a heroes' send-off like Rey? Had to laugh when Victor opined in a senatorial tone, "Sometimes it's best just to leave things alone." I hope he gets to feel the consequences of the meta hypocrisy in that statement. Sally looked gorgeous today, IMO. MWT's took one of our poster's suggestion, and finally gave Victoria a keyboard in front of her to fake pound on.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Tue. 8/16/2022

Really impressed with the improvement in how the Sally Spectra character is being written lately - she's coming across as a very centered and focused individual, and Courtney Hope is doing a good job playing her.

Got a little nostalgic yesterday and replayed the final episode of As The World Turns on youtube, which made clear to me what I see missing in today's few remaining soaps, families in which the elders use their own hard-won wisdom to help their children, and grandchildren, manage the tribulations of their own lives - and when was the last time you saw a kitchen, the center of the home and the family, being used on Y&R, the characters all seem to exist on take-out from some upscale dining establishment.

• Like 2
  • Love 13

^ Good point JS NANA. Maybe most Americans can no longer relate to family meals.around the kitchen table.  I know many people.who constantly get take out or go out to dinner and they aren't rich!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1