Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
34 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I,m almost afraid to ask:  NINE TOES???????????????

You know how you sometimes want to fake your death and not really die so you cut off a toe and leave it in the woods so detectives will think a bear got you? That’s what Shelia from Bold and Beautiful did. She used to be on Y and R but crossed over.  I hope she doesn’t cross back. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

shows like Y&R typically want to try to attract new viewers

. . . and CZ's probably going to attract some of the old ATWT crowd.

• Wink 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jordan, I am totally over you. AFAIC you no longer serve a storyline purpose. How much longer will this drag out????!!!!

I'm with you.  Also, what's with the actress and her open mouth when she's not saying anything?  Careful, Jordan, you could catch flies that way.

So I guess Victor had this secret room with the jail cell built when he had the Raunch rebuilt after Sharon burnt it down?  Did he keep it secret by having the workers killed and their remains interred in the walls?  If not, Victor better beware because Cheeseheads TALK.  I know from bitter experience.....

Did you all see how Claire was sitting?  She had her legs bent under her so the dead woman wasn't even laying on her legs, more like on her knees.  A loud sneeze would have dislodged her.

Anyone else wonder what else was in those boxes in the storage room?  What else did Jordan think was so important?  Crates of butt-ass ugly dollies and costume changes?

I love Traci but, not today.  There are times, Buttercup, when laughter isn't the best medicine, so having the giggles while talking to Dr. Champs-Élysées might not convey the proper tone?  Also, the way she turned on Diane said volumes about how Traci really feels, so that was kinda fun.  I also love Diane, but honey child of mine, it's gonna be a LONNNNNNNNNG time until people forget you faked your death, among other things.  A verrrrrry long time.  You need to develop a hide as thick as Victor's, just please, moisturize,moisturize, moisturize.

I'm hoping JG takes a detour with Ashley's Belle.  Maybe she can go live with the Beast and do a number with a singing teapot, candelabra and a clock.  

It should be interesting when Claire and Dummer meet up again, but it probably won't be.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

As I look over my latest cable invoice, I feel an overwhelming nostalgia for the days when all you had to do was turn on the TV and, as long as you were caught upon on your electric bill, you could watch your favorite show - of course, as there were only three networks, your choice of programming was rather limited.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

Please tell me that at least Victor has started thinking there’s more to Claire’s story than she’s saying? She’s got Victoria eating out of her hand but Victor looked suspicious. Or maybe just constipated :rofl:. Seriously, Claire was sitting up when they found her, and helped push the body off, but she couldn’t do it by herself before she was too weak from dehydration and not eating for two days? And she was somehow able to get the woman’s phone but it conveniently died before she could say more than ‘mom’? Yeah no. Not buying it.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

It's not hard to imagine Phyllis biting one off in a fit of rage.  Or hunger.  You never know.......

Or passion. Hers or her partner's.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tea, Victoria? How about a doctor? Claire had been drugged, cooped in a dank storage unit with a corpse, and likely hadn't eaten for days. Bad mommy!

Do NOT GET ME STARTED here Joi! The three stooges waltz into the tackhouse, like, HEY, there isn't a dead body that we just walked away from at the storage unit. Nosiree! Did they dial the po-po and then flee the scene, leaving the storage unit door open with a dead body in it? Again I implore thee, WTAF?!?

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

So I guess Victor had this secret room with the jail cell built when he had the Raunch rebuilt after Sharon burnt it down?  Did he keep it secret by having the workers killed and their remains interred in the walls? 

Heh, what I'm wondering is if no one but Victor is allowed to go get wine. Say the Newman chef wants to use a vintage to cook with. Does he have to ask Victor to bring up a bottle? Or is the jail cell blocked by a fake wall when it's vacant? Yeesh, the idea of anyone keeping a jail cell in their home for random use is insane even by soap opera standards.

I love Traci but, not today.  There are times, Buttercup, when laughter isn't the best medicine, so having the giggles while talking to Dr. Champs-Élysées might not convey the proper tone?

While watching Traci's scenes with Alan I wondered if she was lowkey flirting with him. I don't think she and Ashley have circled the same man since Brad Carlton, have they?

Please tell me that at least Victor has started thinking there’s more to Claire’s story than she’s saying? She’s got Victoria eating out of her hand but Victor looked suspicious.

Yep, he looked skeptical to me too, for a moment at least.

I daydream a lot, so I think I missed Claire explain who the dead woman was? 

She didn't explain it. Based on what I've since read elsewhere, allegedly it was Jordan's accomplice who helped her lug Claire's chloroformed body out of the Abbott manse. Claire woke up as she was being put in the storage unit and the woman died as a result of the fight she had with Claire. Meanwhile, Jordan was at the NoTell Motel with Harrison.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Not buying it.

I do, and you have my permission to laugh in my face, so to speak, if your suspicions turn out to be right.

1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

Did they dial the po-po and then flee the scene, leaving the storage unit door open with a dead body in it?

I do remember words to the effect that the police and TGVN's crack security team, which may actually mean that they're on crack most of the time, were on their way to the storage unit but that Victoria and Cole wanted to get Cleve home before the police could question her.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tomorrow will begin the May sweeps period and shows like Y&R typically want to try to attract new viewers

Well that's an oxymoron, Y&R and new viewers, ahahahahaha! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She didn't explain it. Based on what I've since read elsewhere, allegedly it was Jordan's accomplice who helped her lug Claire's chloroformed body out of the Abbott manse. Claire woke up as she was being put in the storage unit and the woman died as a result of the fight she had with Claire. Meanwhile, Jordan was at the NoTell Motel with Harrison.

So...they killed off a character we never saw or even knew existed.  I can't imagine why I was confused!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

As I look over my latest cable invoice, I feel an overwhelming nostalgia for the days when all you had to do was turn on the TV and, as long as you were caught upon on your electric bill, you could watch your favorite show - of course, as there were only three networks, your choice of programming was rather limited.

Do you live in an area with no reception? Because in my medium size Midwestern city I get 35-40 channels with an old school antenna.  

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Um, why does Vic have that large comfy-looking leather chair facing the jail cell Jordie is in?  Is he popping open a bottle while watching Jordie imprisoned?  Like I said before, me thinks Joshie has a real sadistic bent.  Maybe Vic too?  He may be in his 80's, but what is exactly is going on in his head?  Or do we really wanna know?  Maybe not.

Ah, so today Lauren was channeling Raquel Welch in One Million BC in her one-shoulder cave lady get-up.  OK then.  

Gross question, but I'll ask it -- wouldn't Claire stink like hell after having a dead lady laying on top of her for days?  And what about bathroom issues?  Well, you get the idea.  Just a very sloppy, slapdash way of wrapping up what happened to Claire.  It's like they knew they had to end it quick (as with Harrison's kidnapping) & didn't give much thought as to how they'd do it.

Er, why does Abby speak to her mother like she's a customer she barely knows?  AI would probably get the Ashley/Abby relationship better than Josh is.  Couldn't be any worse, cuz it totally makes no sense now.

Ugh, that halting way of speaking & pausing/stopping every 3 or 4 words?  I haven't missed Claire at all.  I've enjoyed the break from her.

So now Ashley O'Hara only has the Southern accent in her head?  She was trying way too hard to flirt with Dr. Alan, and he was kind of a dead-fish/brick-wall in response to her.  My first impression was this may be a casting fail, cuz the chemistry was just one-way.

Are we gonna get a Shelia/Jordie sister act?  Maybe they'll kidnap Drinki & Lauren & make them promise not to wear one-shoulder cave lady outfits or ugly pink suits . . . or else?

Diane is an asshole.  Will always be & will never change.  That's all there is to ever say on her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Did Shelia on Bold and Beautiful go back to looking like Sheila? or Phyllis (I think that was her last disguise on Y&R)?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

What the hell kind of story telling is this?

The kind that's used to torture people for information. 

Sheila Carter as a villian is more of a tired trope than a character having DID. Which says a lot. She didn't make me stop watching B&B(it was writing more hackish than this shit), but damned if I didn't fast forward most her scenes if she happened to be on during one of my sporadic viewings of the show. Bold can and should keep her. Never-ending Jordan is already hard to watch, but Sheila and Jordan??? Yeah I'll be out for good. I've gotten back into the habit of watching GH on Hulu almost everyday. So I'm set to drop this garbage whenever. 

Claire was trapped even when she had most of her body exposed/free? Her other leg was bent back but not injured she could've wiggled around and moved it to push the body off. Yeah something is up or she's just a moron. Victoria must have also taken some brain cells from Summer because who the hell rescues a kidnapping victim and doesn't take them to the hospital? Or call 911 for the dead person they found? Is a touch realism too much to ask here JG? 

Well I asked and I received, Abby saw and mother, and nothing. That's what I get. guess sitting through Ashley O'Hara & Dr. Alan talk pointless shop is more important to the narrative trainwreck than having Abby help get her mother committed. 🙃

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So...they killed off a character we never saw or even knew existed.  I can't imagine why I was confused!

Right? I wonder if that day player even got paid. Did we see her face? Whatever, I guess the reason for it was so the audience wouldn't wonder why Claire didn't just bang on the door until someone heard her and let her out.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

So now Ashley O'Hara only has the Southern accent in her head?

Yeah it's interesting how she dresses like an alter but talks like main Ashley. The only way the viewers can tell which person she is in the moment is by using the inner voice in her head. Complicated staging is complicated. 😉

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Denize said:

Did Shelia on Bold and Beautiful go back to looking like Sheila? or Phyllis (I think that was her last disguise on Y&R)?

I get so confused with her.  It was her sister who had surgery to look like Lauren, right?  Sarah Smythe, who was Daisy and Ryder's aunt who raised them and locked up Lauren and was it Kevin in that abandoned zoo?  Sarah had surgery to look like Lauren, if I remember correctly.  

Good Lord.  And I'm complaining about bad storylines NOW.  Not so hot back then, either.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Despite the horrible writing nowadays , I still like the show and refuse to give up on it .I get your points that you all posted about the storylines and agree about many of them, you give these idiots in charge too much credit . 

I don’t get the storyline with Claire’s rescue . So sloppy. How difficult would it have been to explain who the person was that ended up in the storage facility with Claire. I’d have to think Jordan and Claire had some exchange before she locked her in with that person. It was so confusing . At first I thought Claire said it was Jordan but I knew obviously that wasn’t right. And yes not taking her to the hospital was just plain sloppiness and laziness on the writers part. And how difficult would it have been to explain how Jordan got Harrison and Claire out of the Abbott house . 

Don’t get me started on them not telling Abby about her mom. More sloppiness.

I don’t know if it was here or another discussion board where someone said JG fired the past writers during the Writer’s Strike and replaced them with the rent -a-writer group? I haven’t had a chance to research. Is that  true? 

I love the characters and actors had loved this show and refuse to give up on it but this sloppiness has had me frustrated . The Ashley storyline could have gone in different directions or they could have done something else with her. They could have taken the Nikki storyline another direction too. It’s dragging on too long. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Despite the horrible writing nowadays , I still like the show and refuse to give up on it .

I'm wth you.  I'm not going anywhere.  The only thing that could get me to stop watching completely would be if the sound stages were all relocated to inside ButtBiscuit's nasal caverns.

I remember reading that JG did fire all the writers right before the last strike began but what he's done subsequently, I don't know.  Perhaps others of our marvelous prevert contingent might chime in with more knowledge?

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Right? I wonder if that day player even got paid. Did we see her face? Whatever, I guess the reason for it was so the audience wouldn't wonder why Claire didn't just bang on the door until someone heard her and let her out.

Seeing as Cole didn't even use a KEY to open that door, she also could have pushed the dead person off of her then yanno, gotten up, opened thr door, and gone for help. 

• Like 10
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Thanks, I was wondering the same, who was this person, they never even mentioned her before and we were supposed to know who she was?  If this person was so inconsequential why did they even bother having a dead body?  I guess this is to explain how 70 year old Jordan was able to abduct and carry out a young woman and a child?

8 hours ago, Denize said:

She looks like Sheila again.  The Sheila as Phyllis debacle was a stunt to get Michelle Stafford and Emmy, and I'm glad it failed.

17 hours ago, Js Nana said:

It's not easy remembering your lines when your 80+ years old and you've been through a serious battle with cancer, so I can give EB some slack - and Y&R is not the first show to accommodate an actor by having their lines displayed on cue cards off-camera - also, I think that the reason why EB always has a rather halting delivery to his lines is because he's memorized his lines in German and then has to mentally retranslate them into English to deliver them.

I've been wondering the same about his delivery for years.  However, I believe he's lived in the U.S. since he was 18, so he's been here for over 60 years.  Does he really still have to translate everything in his head from German to English?  So the copy of the script he gets is in German?  Someone on the staff has to translate the script for him from English to German only for him to have to translate it to English in his head?

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm wth you.  I'm not going anywhere.  The only thing that could get me to stop watching completely would be if the sound stages were all relocated to inside ButtBiscuit's nasal caverns.

I remember reading that JG did fire all the writers right before the last strike began but what he's done subsequently, I don't know.  Perhaps others of our marvelous prevert contingent might chime in with more knowledge?

Those writers were good. If he hired new writers that were terrible, that gives me another reason to dislike JG.

7 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Thanks, I was wondering the same, who was this person, they never even mentioned her before and we were supposed to know who she was?  If this person was so inconsequential why did they even bother having a dead body?  I guess this is to explain how 70 year old Jordan was able to abduct and carry out a young woman and a child?

She looks like Sheila again.  The Sheila as Phyllis debacle was a stunt to get Michelle Stafford and Emmy, and I'm glad it failed.

I've been wondering the same about his delivery for years.  However, I believe he's lived in the U.S. since he was 18, so he's been here for over 60 years.  Does he really still have to translate everything in his head from German to English?  So the copy of the script he gets is in German?  Someone on the staff has to translate the script for him from English to German only for him to have to translate it to English in his head?

Please tell me they won’t bring back Sheila . We already  have Jordan, that’s enough. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

that Victoria and Cole wanted to get Cleve home before the police could question her.

They never should have entered the storage room without the police. I hope they get charged with obstruction and tampering with a crime scene and evidence. There has been a major manhunt for Claire, a kidnapping of a child and the supposed death of the criminal mind behind all this and all they can think of is getting her home to coddle?  No need to inform the authorities??!?

They should have called an ambulance.  I can't figure the time line of this shit but it has to be more than a day judging from the costume changes Dinkki has had, so who knows what condition Claire was in?

If the motel was still a crime scene they should never have been allowed to go there unaccompanied.  I don't care how much pull Viktor has.

10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Er, why does Abby speak to her mother like she's a customer she barely knows?

Because she hasn't been in contact with her in ages?

why Claire didn't just bang on the door until someone heard her and let her out.

Or throw stuff from the boxes or scream.  Those units aren't soundproof. 

My arthritic old body would have manufactered enough adrenalin to roll a dead body off it.  Claire needs to start working out.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
(edited)
44 minutes ago, MollyB said:

They never should have entered the storage room without the police. I hope they get charged with obstruction and tampering with a crime scene and evidence. There has been a major manhunt for Claire, a kidnapping of a child and the supposed death of the criminal mind behind all this and all they can think of is getting her home to coddle?  No need to inform the authorities??!?

They should have called an ambulance.  I can't figure the time line of this shit but it has to be more than a day judging from the costume changes Dinkki has had, so who knows what condition Claire was in?

If the motel was still a crime scene they should never have been allowed to go there unaccompanied.  I don't care how much pull Viktor has.

Because she hasn't been in contact with her in ages?

Or throw stuff from the boxes or scream.  Those units aren't soundproof. 

My arthritic old body would have manufactered enough adrenalin to roll a dead body off it.  Claire needs to start working out.

I thought they would have contacted an ambulance and such after they found Claire and the stuff with the storage facility and hotel room was also sloppily written. It isn’t that difficult to write those scenes better to explain, like with the Jordan stuff. 

Edited by realitytvfan1017
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

Now that Saint Claire is back, some other characters will need to go to allow her to get her huge share of the time. Tucker and Audra can go to Paris, Ashley can go to the hospital, Nicki can go to re-hab and Nick can go to hell. 

Nicki swanning on the sofa bemoaning her life was a hoot. At one point she actually dragged the back of her palm across her forehead. I expected her to ask for her smelling salts. 

I wonder if Summer's behavior and that of her family will have Chance running far away. In a few years she will be Phyllis. 

My heart goes out to Connor. OCD may not be cancer, but people with serious mental illnesses are prone to suicide. I would be terrified if my kid had it.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Unathletic Club said:

Now that Saint Claire is back, some other characters will need to go to allow her to get her huge share of the time. Tucker and Audra can go to Paris, Ashley can go to the hospital, Nicki can go to re-hab and Nick can go to hell. 

Nicki swanning on the sofa bemoaning her life was a hoot. At one point she actually dragged the back of her palm across her forehead. I expected her to ask for her smelling salts. 

I wonder if Summer's behavior and that of her family will have Chance running far away. In a few years she will be Phyllis. 

My heart goes out to Connor. OCD may not be cancer, but people with serious mental illnesses are prone to suicide. I would be terrified if my kid had it.

lol on the first parts. Agree about the thing with Summer and what you said about the OCD

• Like 5
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I thought they would have contacted an ambulance and such after they found Claire and the stuff with the storage facility and hotel room was also sloppily written. It isn’t that difficult to write those scenes better to explain, like with the Jordan stuff. 

And.  Sadly, that is crazy talk.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
17 hours ago, boes said:

just please, moisturize,moisturize, moisturize.

omg, a friends mother was incapable of saying anything nasty about anyone  and when she saw someone who had visibly aged she would say "oh, she/he hasn't been moisturizing"!

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Seeing as Cole didn't even use a KEY to open that door, she also could have pushed the dead person off of her then yanno, gotten up, opened thr door, and gone for help. 

Perhaps Claire WAS in cahoots with Jordan after she came to from the chloroform. If so, she could have hidden that doll & keys in the motel room after the cops left, had a nice meal & beverage and returned to the storage unit and pulled it closed, killing a lady who happened to see what she was up to.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Guess Melody is aiming now for a 2025 Emmy nom.  Meh.

As far as I am concerned, she deserves it.  She's been ignored for years.  Nobody does drunk better than MTS.

The Three Faces of Ashley storyline... initially I thought that this was also a push to get Eileen Davidson another Emmy (gotta keep up with Jackie Wood, ya know).  But now I'm starting to wonder if the writers are just trolling her.  Or is this storyline supposed to actually be taken seriously?  It's hard for me to keep a straight face during the Scarlett O'Ashley bits.

3 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Please tell me they won’t bring back Sheila . We already  have Jordan, that’s enough. 

Not to worry.  She just came back from the dead, AGAIN, and seems to be staying put in Bell A.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I may be reading too much into this, but I'm wondering if Dr. Alan is gay

Then Ashley will have a male alter and get tips from Jordan on how to dress like a man.

Devon and Billy are like the lesser of two evils. Billy does have the Jill/Abbott connection even though Jill did get on my nerves over the years. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, tessaray said:

Because in my medium size Midwestern city I get 35-40 channels with an old school antenna.  

Prior to the early 1980s, tessaray, there would not have been 35-40 channels for you to have access to with just your old school TV antenna, but, as someone who was born between WWII and the Korean War, my family's TV only had access to the local affiliates of the three major networks, ABC, NBC and CBS - then in the 70s, the bandwidth was expanded to include both UHF and VHF broadcasters, so you got the three major networks plus a couple or so of stations that broadcast reruns of TV shows from the 50s, local interest programs and local news and weather.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

If if it's Wednesday Devon must be giving somebody the 3rd degree. Batter up, Nate.

Nikki getting her drunk on to celebrate Jordan's "death." What the what? Seems to me that would've finally been the reason for Nik to stop boozing.

Hi Alan! Meet Jack! 🥳

Brave of Nate to offer real talk to Devon about the dramaz at C-W since lately Devon ain't trying to hear anything but "Billy must go!"

Ehh, Abby, carrying Devon's gripes to your Uncle Billy behind his back is not the way you want to go. Devon will likely take it as disloyalty or undermining when he finds out.

So Belle doesn't have access to Ashley's memories. Hmm. Alan sure cut through all her bluster with that stuff about his and Ashley's experiences in Paris.

Wow, DreamVictor was being hella jerkish to DreamDrunkNikki. DreamVictoria and DreamNick came on like rabid wolves too. Poor Nikki must've been drinking rotgut vodka instead of the top shelf stuff. Yikes!

But Billy, Jill hasn't asked you to fight Devon on her behalf. You're just using that as a false excuse to take over her company. Shut up.

And then Phillip Chancellor IV--IMO the true heir to Chancellor empire--showed up. Nate immediately switched sides from Devon to Chance, lol. These guys are cracking me up with their silly corporate games.

Jack basically told Alan dealing with Ashley these days was like eating a bag of M&Ms one by one. You never which color you're gonna get, tee hee.

OMG!!!!!! Now Ms. Abbott is outside of Ashley's head! I'm scared! 😉

FFS, Devon. Go ahead, take your Hamilton/Winters ball and go home. Your threats aren't winning.

TMW you're staggering around almost blackout drunk and you run into your sponsor. Gosh, Nikki. Hopefully Jack will do the right thing instead of continuing to enable you.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

Does he really still have to translate everything in his head from German to English?

That's my explanation for his stilted delivery.

6 hours ago, blackwing said:

So the copy of the script he gets is in German?

I don't think so, I think his script is in English, but he has to mentally translate it into German to memorize it, and then has to mentally retranslate it into English to be able to deliver his lines - at least, that's my explanation for the hesitancy in his delivery of lines - it's like he's searching for the right word in English.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Whenever I hear Devon preaching about how Chancellor-Winters is his legacy to pass on to his children, I can only think: Then unmerge with Jill Abbot and Chancellor and return to being the Hamilton Winters Group.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

More musings on today's Y&R:

Abby said Billy is her favorite uncle. Sucks to be you, Nick. 😈

I liked Nikki's blouse.

Alan was careful to tell Belle yesterday that he no longer has a license to practice  psychotherapy. So today when he was casually analyzing her it didn't seem ethical to me.

Looks like the Ms. Abbott alter is about to fcuk everybody's sh!t up, starting with Alan. The Abbott's are going to wish they'd 5150'd Ashley they still had the element of surprise to their advantage.

If anyone's taking a survey, in my big metro area I get 75 - 100 channels via a basic TV antenna, depending on the weather. Cloudy and rainy days don't do so great. (Which was also a problem when I had a satellite TV subscription.)

ETA: it does suck to be Nick but I momentarily forgot he's Abby's brother, not her uncle. nm

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Then Ashley will have a male alter and get tips from Jordan on how to dress like a man.

Apparently ED has played a man on DOOL so it wouldn't surprise me if a male alter does crop up. I've read elsewhere that she and JG are all in together with this DID storyline. He wants to write it and she wants to portray it.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Skarzero said:

it was writing more hackish than this shit

BB consists of two families who keep marrying each other, then divorcing each other, and then marrying each other all over again - everyone has had sex with everyone who is not an actual blood relative.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did we see her face?

Not that I recall - could it have been a dummy weighted to look like a dead body and not a real, live day player at all?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Is he popping open a bottle while watching Jordie imprisoned?

Maybe he spends hours sitting in it while tossing peanuts at Auntie Jordan through the bars of her cell, enjoying his away time from Nikki, who is left to wander the estate plaintively calling out "Victor, Victor, Please, come home, Victor, baby misses her Victor."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, boes said:

And I'm complaining about bad storylines NOW.

The bad storylines of NOW are just dusted off versions of bad storylines from THEN.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

That's my explanation for his stilted delivery.

I don't think so, I think his script is in English, but he has to mentally translate it into German to memorize it, and then has to mentally retranslate it into English to be able to deliver his lines - at least, that's my explanation for the hesitancy in his delivery of lines - it's like he's searching for the right word in English.

Several times I noticed what appeared as white cards on his black lap.  Cue Cards?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Nick is her brother.

Thanks, I'd already edited my post.

I also tend to get "Nick" and "Nate" mixed up even though those two characters couldn't be more dissimilar. Ow, my head. 😵‍💫

Maybe the Daytime Emmys should consider starting a Best Comedic Performance category. I don't see ED winning for straight drama because this stuff with the alters reads as campy to me. Plus, ditto comments upthread, I think next year's Best Actress award is MTS' to lose.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Apparently ED has played a man on DOOL so it wouldn't surprise me if a male alter does crop up. I've read elsewhere that she and JG are all in together with this DID storyline. He wants to write it and she wants to portray it.

And it was horrific.  She revisited that character on her most recent return to DOOL.  Honest to Dog, it was "I wake up screaming" material.  

36 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

The bad storylines of NOW are just dusted off versions of bad storylines from THEN.

Well, according to a lot of academics, there are only 7 basic narrative plots anyway, so pretty much everything is broadly a retread of something else.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Cue Cards?

Cue cards are large white sheets of cardboard that have an actor's lines printed on them with magic marker, and they're held up off camera for the actor to read off them - I'm convinced that Estelle Getty, who played Sophia on Golden Girls used cue cards towards the end of the run of the show, because I would notice her looking off camera while delivering some of her lines.

• Like 1