Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Nikki--those pants------WHY?

Seriously! Sparkly attire as business daywear looks fun on big-city fashion editors; in middle-America Genoa City, Wisconsin (not even Chicago)? Not so much. 
And don’t get me started on those shiny, misshapen frocks they’ve been saddling Audra with lately…

Wait a minute. I just realized we used to see Audra in form- fitting clothes and various states of undress all the time, but not so much lately. Did the actress make a life announcement that I missed?

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Things I got from today's show:

1. Diane is still quietly scheming to have Billy permanently banished from the Abbott line of succession.

2. Will Adam's "selling" those emails to Billy permanently stymie Tucker's plan for destroying the Abbotts? 

3. Nick's mad because Adam's trying to steal one of his possessions, so, once again, he's rampaging around like the angry baboon that he resembles.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Did the actress make a life announcement that I missed?

Checked out her official website and there's nothing there about that - maybe it's early days and she doesn't want to make an announcement, or maybe it's just sadly unbecoming costume choices because that's all the Y&R costume department has available.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

. . . but then again, Amanda Austin of Soap Opera Spy suggested in a Sep. 19th Y&R spoiler that be an "Audra Charles Pregnancy Twist," so tune in tomorrow for the continuing drama of the lives of the Young and the Restless.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 6
22 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Would the show be any better written if the characters dressed in anything that resembles actual business attire for C-suite level executives?

• LOL 10

Uh oh, Nick was wearing a gray velour blazer today. If recent history is a valid predictor, he's perhaps about to take a villainous turn. Probably not as bad as the two who previously sported gray velour, Ashland Locke and Jeremy Stark, but still, uh oh. 🤠

WTAF, Sally. You did not need to confess to Nick, you just wanted to offload your guilty conscience. Which you know will likely transmit through Nick's anger mismanagement system to his fists and then to Adam's body.

Victor told Adam anyone disloyal to him will be 86ed. Well now, he just gave Adam a way to push Victoria and/or Nate out of NE: set up a well-documented scheme to make it appear they are undermining Victor.

How much do I hope Victoria is lying to Nate about her loyalty to Victor? THIS MUCH! Nate is trying to play ambassador but IMO he's mainly looking out for himself.

"So there is a part of you that's still in love with him." No duh, Nick. Sit down and let me explain to you precisely which part of Sally it is. I bet you missed class the day the gym teacher showed the somewhat clinical filmstrip on the overall topic. 😏

Kyle: wah, wah, mommy. I won't settle for a mere Rolls Royce. It has to be a gold-plated Phantom VII. Chauffeur-driven.

Yeesh, what a spoiled baby. Kyle won't work at Jabot unless he's at the top with Jack? Little Harrison has more maturity than his daddy,

Guess the show does remember Nikki's MS since she mentioned it today.

I'm glad Adam quckly realized Sally ratted him out to Nick. I think she is nine kinds of shady, deliberately setting them up to go at each other over her.

• Like 10
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Ever notice that it's only the women "executives" who are dressed in bargain basement versions of high fashion - when was the last time Jack or Victor wore sparkly slacks to the office?

• LOL 15

those shiny, misshapen frocks they’ve been saddling Audra with lately…

Something is going on with her because Worn on TV has stopped posting Audra's outfits. Lol, it's bad when that site won't bother indicating where a given character's outfits come from. Especially for a show like Y&R which is generally considered fashion-forward.

What I've noticed is lately Audra's dresses seem to have a lot more fabric. They're not entirely misshapen, however; note the similar dresses she and Victoria have worn yesterday and today:

audra.jpg.6078519303d5e5f2b77a9fddb3495dca.jpgvictoria.jpg.2790e2b51a858170fa264b26a26dfb0e.jpg

Both low-cut, long-sleeved, and form-fitting, but Audra has a curvier physique than Victoria.

ETA: Tee hee, I posted Audra's dress from Shop Your TV and presto, Worn on TV now shows the dress too. Nothing like a little competition, huh?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
yes, i am taking all the credit. me me me all about me
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I bet you missed class the day the gym teacher showed the somewhat clinical filmstrip on the overall topic.

I don't know. I think that might've been Nick's favorite day of school. HIs best subject. 

• LOL 10

Geez Nick, when you started sleeping with your brothers ex, did it ever occur to you that maybe she wasn’t over him? Someone needs to mentor Nick. 
Adam’s not going to die again is he? He’s got Victoria, Tucker and Nick’s undies in a twist. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Nikki has a new assistant but who was the old assistant?  Nikki those pants are not a very good look on you. They make you “Crisco”, fat in the can 🤪

Banana Breath flies of the handle and proceeds to do what a good gorilla does.  Beats his chest and throws 💩 at Adam to mark his territory. Do I have to remind Banana Breath once again that jealousy is not a sign of love but a sign of ownership.  Come on Sally tell Banana Breath the truth. You got more of a “tingle” from that kiss than you get from playing hide the wiener with Banana Breath 😉.  Sally you are 100% correct it is the same thing because Banana Breath still has deep feelings for Sharon.  

I’ve always have taken into account when I listen to someone giving me information I also try to understand why they are giving me that information.  Smugly Smug Smug is giving Groucho🥸🥸🥸 a lot of half truths and interpretations of what’s on Victor’s mind but Smugly Smug Smug is not interpreting why Victor is giving him the information. Does Victor actually think that Smugly Smug Smug and Groucho🥸🥸🥸 won’t compare notes?  I thing that Victor is testing them both and Smugly Smug Smug is actually testing Groucho🥸🥸🥸 on dropping her vendetta on her father’s competence.  Groucho🥸🥸🥸 regains her top spot and Smugly Smug Smug is once again elevated in his position at NE. 

You can see why “Spider” was an excellent poker player.  He doesn’t blink under pressure. Adam also enjoys jousting with Tucker, Nostrils, Banana Breath and alike.  Banana Breath tells Adam to stay away from people he cares about from now on (or else). Yes Banana Breath, please tell me how is Adam going to do that?  What you really mean is stay away from Sally not giving 💩💩 is Sally wants to be around Adam. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 2

Today's festival of love was particularly nauseous, especially that scene between Nikki and Grampire. They used a phrase I don't think I'll ever be able to unhear.....

"Midday Kisses for My Baby", now available for purchase and download ONLY from AbandonAllHope Productions Inc. of Genoa City, Wisconsin!

Crooning Tunes from that world famous balladeer of the Banal, that Singer of Sludge, that Lover from the Deep Lagoon, our own Victor Newman.  Listen as he serenades the lady love of his life, that woman in the shiny pants with the wrinkly bottom, our own COO of the Eternal Pole, Kitten Whiskers Newman!

Included on this CD, sung exclusively by Victor Newman, accompanied by the musical duo, the Grim Reapers, are such classics, as

Chained Melody (eat that rat), the first of Victor's hits.

At Last (the Senokot worked).

When a Man Browbeats a Woman.

I Want to Know What Love Costs.

I Will Always Love You, YOUGOTTHAT?

Ain't No Mountain High Enough, at least In Wisconsin.

Take My Breath Away, seriously, where is my atomizer?

Best of My Love, available only from Newman Media.

How Deep is Your love, 6 Feet Down.

A stunning duet between Victor and his lady love Kitten Whiskers, of Muskrat Love, available here only.

Along with Victor's special rendition of 'My Heart Will Go On, suck on THAT Jakabbot.

And many, many more.

The first 500 hundred orders will also receive a two-handled ButtBiscuit Nasal Mug and a cap snaffler.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Note to producers: A male character that is written as exploding with anger and jealousy is a male character that is written, as unintentionally as it may be, as domineering and emotionally abusive - guess which character I'm referring to.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Nikki those pants are not a very good look on you. They make you “Crisco”, fat in the can 🤪

A+

--------------------

Boes playlist: A+++

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 7
  • Love 5

@Chatty Cake I would like to see Traci and Danny as a couple since they were back in the day. He is creepy looking but he does have a lot of history with the show. 

I loved Traci’s easing into short with her layers a few weeks ago and love that she went full on short now. She looks the best she has in a long time. Still creepy face smiles but improved, lol. 
Is it just me or has MS toned down her schtick since returning?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Boes, where can I download that rockin’ playlist? I really want that Buttbiscuit nostril mug because I drink a lot of coffee.

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

At this point, pairing Sally back up with Adam would have almost as much ick as Sally/Nick. Adam deserves better.

He does, yet I’m a sick puppy who wants Sally and Adam together. I really want Sally to frequently tell Nick how incredible the sex is and how refreshing it is to know it’s even happening. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, NinjaPenguins said:

He does, yet I’m a sick puppy who wants Sally and Adam together. I really want Sally to frequently tell Nick how incredible the sex is and how refreshing it is to know it’s even happening. 

So am I. The heart wants what it wants. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, boes said:

Along with Victor's special rendition of 'My Heart Will Go On, suck on THAT Jakabbot.

OMG, boes, the entire list of song titles was such brilliance. But this one got to me the most. Every time I think about Colleen's heart in Victor's chest because Nikki browbeat Traci the simp, I want to kick things. Mainly Victor in the 'nads.

• Like 6
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2023 at 3:41 PM, Js Nana said:
On 9/29/2023 at 8:32 AM, MsMalin said:

I'm willing to be that MS has it written into her Y&R contract that her hair always has to long and hanging down around her face.

Not a fan of her hair like you describe (I do like the recent side part) but I remember many many years ago Phyllis showed up in a short shoulder length bob and MS said she had to get permission to get the bob in real life from the show before she cut it.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Phyllis showed up in a short shoulder length bob and MS said she had to get permission to get the bob in real life from the show before she cut it.

You mean the producers are making her keep her hair like that - is that because there are fans in some Y&R market somewhere in the world who like her hair that way?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

No clue about now. She had very long hair at the time and one day showed up onscreen with a very short flattering bob haircut. I can’t remember if it was an interview or on social where she said she had to ask to make the change. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

It’s now time to accentuate Banana Breath with 🦍.  The more he becomes insufferable the more 🦍 he will accumulate.  Banana Breath🦍 basically it was you that took Sally from Adam. You were the one who pursued Sally in Sally’s rebound. Banana Breath🦍 you want Adam out of everybody’s life. Adam gave Faith life do you mean that Faith should give Adam’s kidney back after all Adam is a part of Faith now. 

Sally is that you admonishing Adam or are you channeling your inner Banana Breath🦍. Get real Sally, you enjoyed that kiss and can’t stop thinking about it.  Adam is “smarter than the average bear” and called Sally out that it’s more  her reaction to the kiss than Banana Breath🦍🦍.  Good recovery Sally but it’s Adam you’re falling in love with again not Banana Breath🦍🦍

That was fast. It’s now Banana Breath🦍🦍 after his diatribe about Adam. Everything he spouted was more him than Adam especially that Adam doesn’t love Sally and she’s just a trophy to him.  Banana Breath🦍🦍 is the one that covets.  Banana Breath🦍🦍wants to rip Adam’s arm off but wouldn’t be fun that Adam was actually a black belt in karate and kicks the 💩 out of Banana Breath🦍🦍. File that under scenes I would love to see.  Banana Breath🦍🦍 has climbed the Newman family tree to become the most reprehensible Newman. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Could we please get a plot that is interesting and engaging for once? This show is so damn boring for so long. I found myself muting almost all of the show today.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Wow, Sharon dressed "normal" for a change.

Lol, I'm loving the various pronunciations of "aunt." So far we have "ant" and "ahnt." Who'll bust out with an "aint"?

Wait, what? Back on Sept. 20 (I checked the transcript) Devon said the mystery investor's stake in C/W was too small to be a controlling one. However, today Mamie told Jack it was major. Geez, JG, continuity continues not to be your forte.

Something must be wrong with my TV. Yesterday Nick's jacket appeared to be gray but today when I watched Y&R online it was more of a dark purple. Samsung not FTW. 🤔

Sally trying to blame Adam for The Kiss. Chile, please. She is so transparent both Adam and Nick can see through her.

Hmm, I've been saying for years that the Winters/Hamilton/Barber crew needed a matriarch but Olivia was who I had in mind, not Mamie. Meh.

Whoa, did Nick lowkey throw Sharon in Sally's face? Good thing Sally is too oblivious to consider Sharon a threat.

And right off the bat Mamie was stirring some sh!t, or at least reheating it. Nate needs to stay far away from C/W and everyone knows it. Hush, auntie.

Sally Spectra, Ms. Messy 2023.  She is slurping up all this drama between her, Nick, and Adam with a spoon. Now she's raised the ante by telling Nick she's starting to fall in love with him too. Starting to. Sure, Jan. You sound fully committed. 😒

Yeah, baby. Jill flew in on her dragon ready go Khaleesi vs. King's Landing on Mamie. I am here for it!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Mamie used to be a good character, not sure why they are spoiling her by making her come in like a bulldozer. She was smart enough to be subtle with those Abbotts back in the day.

Also I hope it’s bad directing and not the actress’s choice to make the exaggerated eye movements right before the commercials. It’s like Soap Dish level of emoting.

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

It’s your favorite advice columnist, Buttbiscuit, reporting from an undisclosed location that is not Tucker McCall’s closet. I want to thank the eleven readers who texted me their support and well wishes. I’m undertaking this high risk mission for the people, after all. If rich white men aren’t safe from the predations of their fellow rich white man, well, we have a tendency to take it out on the help and no one wants that. I think we can all agree that someone needs to wipe that smirk off Tucker McCall’s face. Despite my precarious position in this corporate game of cat and mouse, I must once again seize the reins of my Genoa City Blowhole column. The guest writers were a little too well received for my liking.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I don’t know if you’re an expert in the paranormal, but I sure hope so. My home is quite possibly being haunted by a dark entity, and it’s not Victor Newman. I recently discovered a used condom, candy wrappers and a jug of urine in my closet, none of which I put there. I live alone, which makes it doubly weird that I came home from a hard day of trolling to find a sixteen inch deuce wrapped around the porcelain. My heated seat must have been violated in unspeakable ways. I’m also finding ominous black stains on my coats, a sure sign of a poopergeist who uses shoe polish on his hair. What should I do? I’ve heard locking a rabid honey badger in one’s closet will often scare the ghosties away.

Signed;

The Haunting of Tucker McCall

Dear Haunting;

Consider me a renaissance man, a master of many disciplines and arts. Not only do I deeply understand the mortal plane, I also watch a lot of Travel Channel, home to a plethora of paranormal programs. Sometimes I have to sleep with a light on, but gaining knowledge is worth the risk. I’ve never seen a rabid animal used by paranormal investigators, and it would probably be too dangerous for all involved. Believe it or not, there are a lot of litigious spirits out there. As a locally famous expert in mental health, may I suggest you’re stressed or experiencing a psychotic break? You obviously forgot the exhilarating evacuation of a ten pound chocolate log that nearly brought you to tears of joy and relief. (Sh)it happens. Did you know that ghosts get bored easily? Ignore the main location of the activity and watch your problem disappear in 7 to 10 days. 

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Have you ever made a mistake while in the throes of despair? And then everyone but your so-called best friend points out it’s a mistake, which only fuels a perverse desire to double down on it? I once owned a beautiful painting of a summer evening, created by a sophisticated, masterful artist. The colors were bold; the brushstrokes were sensual. I found a painting of dogs playing poker, done in the velvet medium. It’s crude and cheesy, especially the one dog off in the corner lovingly washing his own balls. It was a flea market find. I took down the superior painting and hung up the velvet dogs as a lark. I knew it wasn’t right for the room; it cheapened everything around it. I honestly hate the sight of it, but I feel I must persevere when everyone mocks it. Oh, as an aside, how do you tell your boyfriend he needs a training bra?

Signed;

Painted Into a Corner

Dear Corner;

Fucking up is an art form, and I am its Michelangelo. When you’ve made a high level mistake, you need high level tactics to deal with it. I suggest coming out of the corner you’ve painted yourself into like an angry Doberman, snarling and snapping and biting. Go on the offensive! Start throwing accusations around like confetti and blame others for your bad choices. People will be in absolute awe over your outrageous behavior and need time to recover their senses. This is time you can spend manipulating the narrative. As for the training bra, most dudes will let you bedazzle their nads if you ask them for permission while naked. BTW, my brother’s birthday is coming up. I would be willing to take that velvet dog painting off your hands for a reasonable fee.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

What a great column! I just moved to Genoa City and wondered if you could give me a rundown on who the major players in town are. You have a remarkable perspective on things.

Signed;

Glare Brace

Dear Glare;

Welcome to Genoa City! Good to hear you weren’t put off by the Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here sign at the edge of town. The Newmans are serious players here, despite being a bizarre, nepotistic cult ruled by Victor Newman. No one knows if he’s a vampire, demon, lich or some eldritch entity dreamed up by Satan after a tequila bender. The Newmans are numerous compared to other families, to the point that Genoa City will eventually become a cousin fucking capital of the midwest. They’re dull, basic bitches who dominate the society pages despite being awful people. The Abbotts are the far superior family, but they’re regularly and ritually sacrificed whenever the Newmans need a body part.

There’s the Hamilton/Winters family, founders of the town’s spiritual traditions as embodied by the late and deeply missed Neil Winters, blessed be his name. Get thee to a gift shop and purchase a rubber What Would Neil Winters Do? bracelet. It will make socializing much easier. Devon, Neil’s adopted son, is the biological son of smirking meerkat Tucker McCall, who should be avoided at all costs. Devon’s sister Lily will tell you what’s what with great clarity and honesty. Their cousin Nate stabbed them all in the back and then had the stones to rock a side part. You don’t front with coiffure in this town.

Phyllis Summers is a condemned crack den of a person who should be left alone if you know what’s good for you. If you don’t? Well, play stupid games; win stupid prizes. Speaking of stupid prizes, her daughter Summer is an asshole and a disappointing lay. Phyllis recently faked her own death and Summer helped her cover it up. Neither one is in prison, which should tell you all you need to know about Genoa City justice.

We have a police chief and no other cops. There’s one doctor who specializes in everything, and the hospital is just one curtained space with a bed and no monitoring equipment. 95% of the workforce holds a corporate job. Sexual harassment laws are not recognized in Genoa City. Our green space is a park bench and some grass, possibly a bit of fencing and a tree. Roughly half of all residents live at the GCAC. If you see a devastatingly handsome man out and about, that’s probably Billy Abbott. Hope this helped!

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10

First of all, the whole concept of Nikki "Left Eye" mentoring any woman (especially college grads) is ridiculous. She is old enough to be Audra & Claire's grandmother. Her character is known for being a lone wolf alpha female. The only thing she would be capable of grooming anyone for is to be "The Bride Of Nicky" and he doesn't even work at NE anymore. This attempt of Nikki's to morph into the "earth mother" of NE is going to go badly,  when either Audra and/or Claire eventually turn on her like the raptors did, with the staff who thought they had everything under control at Jurassic Park.  Also, is JG so cheap or lacking in imagination that an interview for an upper level corporate position occurs in a restaurant/bar? Is the show too cheap to even have another basic office? Maybe it's best the interview took place in Society. It could be part of orienting new employees that all NE and other corporate entities only do any "work" in the localities of coffee shops and gin mills. Also, I want this storyline of "Sally's Angst" to have ended about a month ago. It makes no sense. Sally, a character formerly portrayed as immensely creative and impulsive, is now presented as having an excruciating case of emotional constipation regarding Adam and Nick. IMO this storyline is toxic, bloated crap that needs to be moved along. Maybe an enema?

• Like 8
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5

First of all, the whole concept of Nikki "Left Eye" mentoring any woman (especially college grads) is ridiculous.

"Left Eye." Lol, Nikki don't want no scrubs either.

She is old enough to be Audra & Claire's grandmother. Her character is known for being a lone wolf alpha female. The only thing she would be capable of grooming anyone for is to be "The Bride Of Nicky" and he doesn't even work at NE anymore.

Aw, that's hardly fair to Nikki. I think she'd be a great mentor for many things, including teaching the young ladies how to

• wear feather boas as they take off their clothes to bad 70s striptease music up on a stage
  • snag an older sugar daddy, marry and divorce him repeatedly, and tolerate his emotional abuse while he plies you with bigger and pricier precious stone jewelry
  • designate yourself as the queen of all you survey, or at least of the sleepy Upper Midwestern town you live in.

When Nikki started talking this mentor stuff I figured it would be Audra who'd disabuse her of that nonsense. However, it looks like new girl Claire might be the one for the task. Batter up!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I gotta warn you. If you give Nick an enema, he’ll be able to bathe in a shot glass.

I always thought it would be able to fit in a shoebox but I like your description better 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I am enjoying Awnt Mamie. Nothing wrong with a little revenge on Jill. Who was she on the phone with? Olivia? Druscilla? Collin? Moses? I liked how she had Nate’s number. 
Diane is on the anti Billy train. Why can’t Pomp work at his family company along side his Uncle Billy? Some humility (and a hair cut) would do him good.

I love Phyllis free days! Oops, that kind of sounds like a maxi pad slogan  from the 80s. 

• LOL 18

Diane's wedding reception/vow renewal eve dress. Haven't we seen it before?

Yep, Jill confirmed it today: Victor was a silent minority investor in C/W and so Mamie has no real power over the company other than the annoyance factor for Jill.

I don't know about Jill and Mamie airing out their dirty laundry in front of an audience, especially one which included two Newmans. Sorry but I think Mamie is full of it. She's accumulated a relatively small amount of money (that is, compared to Devon and Jill) yet she's feeling self-important for some reason. It's not admirable to me.

Ehh, Diane, ragging on your husband's sibling in favor of your son is not the way you want to go. Jack is not Victor; he considers both the public and private impacts of his corporate decisions. He cares if Jabot and the Abbott family look unstable and chaotic to the outside world.

Mamie said there was a lot of Neil in Nate. Yeah, the part that's romancing Victoria. Neil didn't manage to seal the deal physically with Vikki but he was engaged to and cohabiting with her for a while. Everyone knows about that bit of history but it's funny to me how no one has mentioned it, particularly Victoria.

Okay, I did enjoy Mamie giving Nate the third degree regarding his breakup with Elena. But of course Nate politely told auntie to climb off his @$$.

Gah. Today Devon and Jill completely danced around the fact that she owns the Chancellor estate and Dominic's parents are technically squatters. There easily could've been ONE sentence, for her to say Chance asked her permission before he told Abby and Devon they could move in. Meanwhile, wonder if Jill will even touch base with Chance while she's in town?

Aw geez, who is Mamie conspiring with? I gotta hope it's Dru but I know that's a longshot unless VR and TPTB have completely mended fences. Olivia is also doubtful unless it's a recast. Maybe it's Mattie, Charlie, or Moses.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Diane's wedding reception/vow renewal eve dress. Haven't we seen it before?

Joi, I thought the same thing but today's dress had one sleeve and the dress you are thinking of (the one from the show's 50th) had no sleeves but it was practically the same dress.  The only reason I am sure is because today's beginning intro featured Diane wearing the dress (w/o the sleeve),,,,but basically its the same wrap dress !

Paging Fashion Police !!

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now she's raised the ante by telling Nick she's starting to fall in love with him too. Starting to. Sure, Jan. You sound fully committed

Is that like being a little bit pregnant?

I liked Mamie's hair much more pulled back. Did not like the Shirley Temple look at all.  I keep thinking her secret has something to do with John Abbott.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Also, is JG so cheap or lacking in imagination that an interview for an upper level corporate position occurs in a restaurant/bar? Is the show too cheap to even have another basic office?

It really is pathetic. If I was a new viewer  (instead of 30+ years) I would delete it from my DVR immediately.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Joi, I thought the same thing but today's dress had one sleeve and the dress you are thinking of (the one from the show's 50th) had no sleeves but it was practically the same dress.  The only reason I am sure is because today's beginning intro featured Diane wearing the dress (w/o the sleeve),,,,but basically its the same wrap dress !

Paging Fashion Police !!

Yes, you're right. I thought it was the 50th anniversary dress but a shorter version. Turns out, per Worn on TV the two dresses are from different designers. I know they probably can't copyright a dress design but dang, Talbot Runhof needs to call up Me & Thee and say, "Oh really?" 😏

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Did Jill and Taz🌪️ go to the same acting school where the learned to talk at people and not to people?  In addition they both learned how to be over animated when delivering their lines.  Are we sure that Jill and Taz🌪️ are not sisters?  They both say one thing and do another. Jill tells Lily that she will be civil if Mamie doesn’t come after her but a few moments later Jill confronts Mamie once again.  

Jill you are pissed off that Mamie has invested in CW, but you would have been pissed off more with taking CW public and have thousands of Mamies. 

What is GC without another continuing feud?  

There is something comforting about “old people” having sex.  Since they are renewing their vows tomorrow, is this pre renewing  your marital vows sex 😜?  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10
On 10/2/2023 at 7:05 PM, MsMalin said:

So is Nick going to punch Adam for kissing Sally?

Will it dawn on Nick that after failing to get Sally to say she is in love with him that maybe, just maybe she is in love with Adam? I mean, she just finished having sex with Nick and blurts out that Adam kissed her. How pathetic is that!

And again, where is poor Christian? Father of the Year was out of town for the week and jumps straight into bed with Sally and spends the night.

Nick won't sucker punch Adam cause he's not blind now.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:20 PM, Js Nana said:

Things I got from today's show:

1. Diane is still quietly scheming to have Billy permanently banished from the Abbott line of succession.

2. Will Adam's "selling" those emails to Billy permanently stymie Tucker's plan for destroying the Abbotts? 

3. Nick's mad because Adam's trying to steal one of his possessions, so, once again, he's rampaging around like the angry baboon that he resembles.

They need to keep Adam for spare parts.

On 10/3/2023 at 6:37 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Geez Nick, when you started sleeping with your brothers ex, did it ever occur to you that maybe she wasn’t over him? Someone needs to mentor Nick. 
Adam’s not going to die again is he? He’s got Victoria, Tucker and Nick’s undies in a twist. 

I suspect Adam has angered a lot of folks now. Are we going to see a "I could KILL you." who shoved Adam under a bus/truck/Victors horse.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:29 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

I'm bored and I don't like Mamie.

that's all.

But she changed liddle Jackie's diapers. (How the heck old is she.)

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

(How the heck old is she.)

Apparently, some Y&R characters are immortal and destined to live on as major players throughout eternity; The Young and the Restless should be renamed The Ancient and the Incontinent.

11 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

But she changed liddle Jackie's diapers.

Well, she's changing her own now.

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

There is something comforting about “old people” having sex.

As someone who is older than PB, though younger than EB, I couldn't agree with you more.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Did not like the Shirley Temple look at all

I will go to my not-that-far-off grave believing that the curly weave VR wore back in March was more becoming to her than the locks she's wearing now ever could be.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Does Sally know that Adam broke up with her in such a brutal way because he knew that if she found out that Victor, Victoria and Nick wanted to fire her from Newman Media in part because of her relationship with him, that she would have resigned from NM and gone with him, and that he wanted her to have the chance to succeed he believed she deserved; and when Nick did fire her from NM, he got to look like a saint by telling her that it hadn't been his decision and that he'd fought like hell for her - what a weasel!!!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, MsMalin said:

It really is pathetic. If I was a new viewer  (instead of 30+ years) I would delete it from my DVR immediately.  

I'm right there with you. My mom and I ask each other all the time "Why are we still watching this?" Yet we tune in everyday. It's our 30+ year habit. The grip this show has on us is pathetic (not that we don't fast forward a lot). 🤪

• Like 5
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 5
On 10/4/2023 at 4:57 PM, lgprimes said:

Mamie used to be a good character, not sure why they are spoiling her by making her come in like a bulldozer. She was smart enough to be subtle with those Abbotts back in the day.

Also I hope it’s bad directing and not the actress’s choice to make the exaggerated eye movements right before the commercials. It’s like Soap Dish level of emoting.

Is this the same actress that played her before?  Whatever, she is getting on my last nerve with the faces and insistence on "family and legacy".  She wants to see her family grow- well, where the hell has she been for the last 15 (or whatever) years?  These 'kids' are grown up adults who have their own life and businesses and don't need her to come in and fix anything.  If it's just to get back at Jill, I ask again?  What has she been doing about that for the last few years?

And....what's the deal with her and Nate?  She's going to butt into his personal life?  Get one of your own, old woman.  Her smugness is what Nate inherited, not anything from Neil.

More Friday rant:

I'd be calling the fire department if I came to my local eatery and found it not only closed, but a couple twirling around enough candles to burn down Chicago.

What kind of celebration at Neil's Jazz Joint doesn't have MUSIC?  Did someone shoot the piano player?  If all Mamie wants to do is announce her investment and then blatt on about family, they could have done it at the Chancellor mansion.  Then she'd really be sticking it to Jill.

And last, my unsolicited opinion is Mamie's hair looks painful from the front and like a badly crocheted hat from the back. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2