Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

and, one-thing-leading-to-another, she could become "Tara, Wife IV of Kyle,"

Or maybe, this being Genoa City, where many of the marriages among "The Rich and the Stupid" rank somewhere on the incestuous spectrum, after becoming "Tara, Wife IV of Kyle," Tara could become "Tara, Wife VIII of Jack," when Jack dumps "Diane, Wife VII" for Tara and Tara dumps Kyle for Jack.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

Happy Jackie giving PR instructions to this new Emily person. I thought Mariah was in charge of Jabot and Marchetti's PR and media. 🤔

Tucker "Love 'em and Leave 'em" McCall and Diane "Not Dead After All" Jenkins. Cute but those nicknames don't exactly roll off the tongue, lol. I think Zelda had to read them off cue cards.

Pshht, one of the Abbott kids trying to muscle out their siblings for control of the company isn't unprecedented. Outsiders worming their way into the Jabot C-suite has been done before too. I'm with Billy (heaven help me); worries about an attempted coup are a lot of overblown panic for nothing.

Lately it seems like Traci spends more time in NYC than GC anyway. Go ahead and hop on that plane back to Manhattan, Traci. The rest of the Abbott family is used to carrying on their lives without you around.

Holy moley, Ashley has become a shrieking banshee! I couldn't believe the vicious way she was talking to Billy. She went in, scorched earth his hiney, and then salted the remains. Or tried to, anyway.

Looked like Summer expected brownie points from Kyle for being nice to Diane. Maybe don't be so frigging obvious about it, StuporGirl. 🙄

Geez Saint Traci, climb off your high horse and go sit down. Nobody likes being preached at, especially by someone whose life is as vanilla as yours.

Wonder how much Nintendo paid for the timely Zelda reference? I think every Abbott sibling said "Zelda" at least once today, and Traci must've said it 20 times, ha ha.

It was heartwarming to see those flashback scenes with John Abbott. I think the show lost a lot when they killed him off. Rest in peace, JD.

• Like 6
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought Mariah was in charge of Jabot and Marchetti's PR and media.

Good point - Why is Jack's secretary, Emily, putting together the News Release of the Century when it should be Mariah's job?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Why is Jack's secretary, Emily, putting together the News Release of the Century when it should be Mariah's job?

. . . could it be that Mariah is still on maternity leave?

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Yes, John Abbott was the nicest man ever on any soap. The only thing I didn't like was when he called Ashley My Beauty and Traci Pumpkin.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just realized John Abbot had no great love story. The women he was with did bad things to him(apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Jack). Dina left him and had Ashley with another man. Jill cheated on him with Jack. Gloria tainted the Jabot cream on purpose. Cricket's mother might've been OK, but she died shortly after they got together of AIDS. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tucker "Love 'em and Leave 'em" McCall and Diane "Not Dead After All" Jenkins. Cute but those nicknames don't exactly roll off the tongue, lol. I think Zelda had to read them off cue cards.

Or maybe Zelda read them off her phone like Victor does.

Wow, responding to my own posts seems like an interesting way of getting my post and reputation counts up. 🤨

• LOL 16
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy: Remember when I visited you in New York and we ate at that little Armenian place? God, I’m so sophisticated.

Zelda: It was very avant garde of you to order the tater tots with ranch dip.

Billy: Hey, to be fair, I was only 25.

And that was when he went by the name, Liam, and dated Amber!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Good God, that hurt.  Having to listen to ButtBiscuit be both right and reasonable was really painful.  The only thing I can think of that might hurt more would be hearing Victor tell his orphanage story again and being glad to hear it.

What in the HELL is happening??

I'm pretty positive ButtBiscuit will never again have a non-annoying moment and that there's no chance of Victor telling that story in an interesting way, but for a moment, my understanding of the Universe took a hit.

I could watch a clip show of nothing but the best moments of John Abbott and only end up wanting more.  Not a bad episode.  My only quibble is that nobody could ever say John made the best decisions in the romance department, so his opinion of who his children get involved with shouldn't really hold much water.

Oh!  I was glad to hear Traci mention Brad and Ashley's relationship.  That was a nice puncture in Ashley's supposed moral outrage. It was also fun having Ashley bring up Jaboat to JaJerk ButtBiscuit.

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Jack's secretary, Emily

Here's hoping that Emily becomes a recurring character on the show and is played by the same actress who played her on today's show - - but if Emily could only be added to the show if some other character was dropped, who would I vote off-the-show?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Traci: OMFG, I get to talk.

Zelda: I’ve been your agent for a zillion years.

Traci: I could use a break from Genoa City.

Zelda: I couldn’t help but notice the asshole population density is through the roof.

Traci: And that’s just the Abbott family.

@@@@@@@@

Summer: Kyle! ‘Sup homeslice?

Kyle: Oh shit, I’ve been made. I’m going to work. I’m in a hurry.

Summer: Have you heard the hamster story? I don’t quite understand the plot twist with the graham cracker but -

Kyle: Heard it while tucking Harrison in.

Summer: Breakfast?

Kyle: Haven’t been hungry since I ate that shit sandwich at our wedding.

Summer: Let’s talk about us. Especially about me and my feelings.

@@@@@@@@

Ashley: Hey, Buttbiscuit. I’m continuing my relentless campaign against Diane.

Billy: I’m continuing to freeball while I work. Nothing like luxurious fabric jostling your nuggets during an epic spreadsheet session.

Ashley: We must preemptively destroy Diane before she destroys Jabot.

Billy: Hold up. I need to get my hip waders on.

@@@@@@@@

Jack: This press release about giving Diane a cushy job is such a solid idea. My penis has never led me astray.

Emily: We should schedule a photo session with Diane. I feel this town could use the lesson in classy dressing.

Jack: Agreed. It pains me to see men walking about in lumberjack shirts.

Emily: Shall we mention your upcoming wedding?

Jack: Well, people aren’t going to catch on to the nepotism on their own.

@@@@@@@@@

Traci: Ashley is planning a coup in plain sight. She thinks Diane is playing Jack for a fool. Jack thinks Tucker is playing Ashley for a fool. I don’t feel comfortable telling Jack I want Tucker to stick around because he makes me a divine cappuccino every day.

Zelda: And you haven’t written a bestseller about these loons because…?

Traci: The house is full of tension. I just want to run to New York, find a smart, sexy guy and get my popcorn popped, you know?

Zelda: Why don’t you?

Traci: It’s my lot in life to be a jackass wrangler. One day, I might be as talented as my father at it.

Traci fondly remembers John Abbott and his healthy and functional relationship with his family. Can you imagine Victor having a scene like this with Victoria? Neither can I.

@@@@@@@@@@

Kyle: What is there to talk about? You’re an asshole. A lying asshole.

Summer: Your pompadour is stoopid.

Kyle: Excuse you?

Summer: Uh, I said your mom forgave me, so, you know, doesn’t that mean you have to? I think that’s how it works.

Kyle: Are you on crack?

Summer: Like, I’m sorry. I apologize. I admit that I lied for goo- for reasons that don’t cut it.

Kyle: This isn’t talking. This is you trying to convince me that you’re not the asshole I’ve realized you are. You spent weeks sleeping in another room, listening to me beg to console you. You needed time. Well the hole is in the other ass now. I need time and space to process how much of your mother’s bullshit I’m willing to tolerate coming out of your pout spout.

Summer: I’m implementing a new quirk called the “bobblehead.” It reveals my internal struggle to not say the dumbest, most selfish thing possible.

Kyle: Ta ta, turdbasket.

Diane: I didn’t want or mean to eavesdrop, but, um, I guess I’m sorry your idiocy about me caused all these issues.

Summer: Apology accepted. To make amends, you should help me get Kyle back in line.

Diane: Well. I could use the lulz.

@@@@@@@@

Billy: Ashley, the thing is, Diane is not a supervillain. She’s not the Joker, and you’re not Batman. Tucker is not Robin. I am, however, the butler because that gives me access to the Batcave.

Ashley: Do you have any concept of reality?

Billy: Eh. You’ve got to stop obsessing over shit that hasn’t happened yet.

Ashley: Do not.

Billy: I’m Team Jack. We’ve even got matching varsity jackets. You come for Jack, I’ll snort you like I’m an aardvark with its nose stuck in an anthill. Your team is your stolen sperm baby and…. uh… well, it’s very impressive.

Ashley: Ohhhh look at Big Boy Bidness Baby sitting in his high chair, sucking his thumb with his shiny apple cheeks, all beholden to his bro.

Billy: Yo, I’m a five star fuck up and you’re making my skin crawl with embarrassment. Be better, Ash.

Ashley: You are underselling how dangerous Diane is. It’s probably because you’re a stupid prick who doesn’t know shit about shit.

Billy: Is this Tucker filling your head with anti-Diane propaganda? He’s just goading you into this power play.

Ashley: Sexist pig. I can come up with bad ideas on my own, thanks. I will make sure Diane never harms this company.

Billy: Tucker has wanted this company ever since he came back to Genoa City. He tried to get Diane to feed him info, but she said no. 

Ashley: Whatever, asslicker. Diane lover. Touch hole. Shitdip.

Billy: Enough! You’re making me look mature. And if you think I’m going to let Tucker steamroll his way into Jack’s CEO position, you’re even crazier than I thought.

Jack: Well, it’s nice to hear someone defend me.

Ashley: The boy’s club is closing ranks on me. Pardon my silly little lady brain for daring to form opinions.

Billy: This whole shitshow is swimming in misogyny, but this is strictly about you acting like a huge butt.

Ashley: What the hell do you know? Mr. Passed Out Drunk in the Snow at 16. Ha ha. I’m not deliriously petty.

Jack: WTF?

Ashley: You lost the company yacht, which no one told you to buy. Wasn’t that when you were eating strawberries off your sister in law’s tits?

Jack: Don’t talk to him like that. We have an agreement where I get to pull his thong over his eyebrows whenever the mood strikes as penance for his Phyllis sins.

Billy: Uh-oh. Traci has called a family meeting. She better let me get some cliches in edgewise.

Ashley: I have also been summoned. This would be a great chance to recruit more soldiers for my coup.

Jack: When we get there, everyone pretend we don’t know what it’s about. Traci loves that.

@@@@@@@@

Traci: I must awkwardly and senselessly insert my agent into this family gathering.

Billy: Remember when I visited you in New York and we ate at that little Armenian place? God, I’m so sophisticated.

Zelda: It was very avant garde of you to order the tater tots with ranch dip.

Billy: Hey, to be fair, I was only 25.

Zelda: I shall take my leave now. I don’t even know why I’m here, to be honest.

Ashley: Alright, so everyone who wants to replace Jack with a hand puppet, put your hands in the air and wave ‘em like you just don’t care.

Jack: Eat a bowl of bison nuts.

Traci: Stop it! Whatever happened to kindness, you rotten fuckers? Sorry. Diane, Summer, could you leave us alone to hash this out?

Jack: Diane is about to become my wife and Summer is, well, Summer is our asshole-in-law.

Ashley: I should invite Tucker.

Traci: What would our dad say if he could see us at each other’s throats? He was a fair man who believed in redemption and second chances.

Ashley: You keep his name out of your damn mouth in Diane’s presence. She is not worthy to be in the same room as his children.

Diane: I won’t ask anyone to choose sides, but Jack’s team has cool jackets.

Billy: Dad always said to me, Billy, could you stop being such a dumb bunny? I think there’s a lot to be learned from that.

Ashley: Dad always did have the best advice. He never stopped telling me that beauty was only skin deep.

Jack: Yeah, he really knew just the right thing to say in every situation. He was always reminding me that I didn’t need to marry anything with a pulse.

Ashley: I’m sorry. Dad would probably tell me to let it go, but he’d never crossed paths with a demon like Diane. And he never respected the sheer joy I got from pooping on Jack.

Diane: Yeah, I’ll step out now. This might need to become an intervention for Ashley.

Summer: I’m following my new bestie!

Jack: I… I suppose I could stop pretending to push up my non-existent glasses with my middle finger when Ashley walks by.

Ashley: I put a dead fish behind your hubcap, Jack. I wanted you to believe Diane was a serial killer and hid the decomposing bodies of her victims in your car.

Traci: I feel so optimistic now. I can fix your issue too, Kyle.

Kyle: Did you just hear Aunt Ashley? Her crazy isn’t fixed.

Traci: We all want to know how you’re feeling. Also, I’m going to tell you that you must absolutely forgive Summer. Do you want to be consumed by bitterness like Ashley?

Kyle: I love that you have such an open heart, Aunt Traci, but it doesn’t mean you have to open your mind and let your brain fall out. I don’t know that Summer would have told me anything if I hadn’t caught her with Phyllis.

Jack: Sure she would have. Summer’s as honest as they come.

Kyle: I gotta go.

Billy: Me too. I’m not one of Dina’s kids and no one is clamoring for my woo woo self help bullshit, so fuck all y’all.

Traci: I need to chitchat more with my agent. You two talk it out and share warm memories of our dad.

Ghost of John Abbott: Don’t waste time with your agent, sweetheart. Go claw my granddaughter’s heart out of Victor Newman’s chest. My beauty, Tucker is a huge step up from that old bag of piss and vinegar, even if he is shady as hell. Jackie, stay away from Phyllis. Billy, I’m sorry about the recessive nostrils gene that has long shamed the Abbott family. Your great-great-great grandfather made his fortune being held by his two legs with his nose hovering inches above the ground. They called him the Human Vacuum. We could have patented the idea, but he might have been burned as a witch. Kyle, get a haircut.

Glorious post, NinjaPenguins!!  Thanks for using your deathray of humor again cuz you killed me ****DEAD**** again!

That "hamster" reference, both on Show today and in your post made me first think of that long ago rumor/story about Richard Gere and his co-defendant hamster/gerbil.  Somehow, the insanity of that oddly couples well with Bouffant Boy and Dummer.....

(If anyone doesn't remember that rumor, google it but be prepared)....

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)

Bless Tracy’s heart thinking she can get those chucklefucks in line. 

Ashley is nuts. I thought she was gonna start barking. 

Also, Neil has what seems to be an open ended memorial and John Abbott/Jerry Douglas has now received an episode that he rightfully deserved so can we please get something involving Katherine Chancellor/Jeanne Cooper? Preferably something that doesn’t include Devon staring at Neil’s picture asking what he would say about Katherine if he were alive. 

Edited by WhitneyWhit
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, responding to my own posts seems like an interesting way of getting my post and reputation counts up. 🤨

Thank you for a very good early morning  laugh!

They left out the orange ghost of John in the flashbacks.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Sorry if everyone already knows this but "Zelda" is Kym Douglas, Jerry Douglas' widow and boy has she been spending her inheritance on plastic surgery. She is 64 and was younger than him . He would be 91 now if still alive. He died in 2021.

Thanks! I was trying to figure out who she is because she looked slightly familiar in that plastic surgery way. I did read awhile back she would make an appearance. I kind of liked her.

• Like 10
(edited)

glad to hear Traci mention Brad and Ashley's relationship. 

I think it would've been even better if Abby had been present but then maybe Traci wouldn't have gone there.

Too bad nobody brought up Colleen's heart now living inside Victor. How many times has he screwed over an Abbott? Traci rewarded him for bad behavior at the expense of her family, to put it kindly.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Why is Jack's secretary, Emily, putting together the News Release of the Century when it should be Mariah's job?

Maybe she is still on maternity leave-although I thought I heard her say she was working while all the drama with Diane was going on to help out Jack.

17 hours ago, Kemper said:

I can see Victoria spritzing perfume samples on people walking through department stores. 

Now if she would just stop aiming for the eyes...

• LOL 16
5 minutes ago, Bunnyto4 said:

Sorry, but I'm having a REALLY hard time watching Nick traveling all the fuck over GC in those filthy sewer clothes. From Banana Breath to Typhoid Nick. 🤮

Personal hygiene has never been high on Nick's list of priorities.  

He's always been more of a "summer underwear, winter underwear" kind of guy.  Meaning he changes his twice a year.  Smelling like a sewer is his idea of ambrosia.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14
23 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Victor: It used to thrill me more, but I’m coming up on my first millennium and find myself longing for a more relaxed existence. I have ridden great mammoths, given Napoleon Bonaparte a titty twister and once pelted a tsar with a snowball. Now I wish to chase metamucil with whiskey and enjoy my family, k?

Brav-fucking-O! 👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Nate to Nick: while I was putting it to your sister, you almost lost  1. your ex-wife whom you cheated on numerous times, B. your daughter who was conceived while you were cheating on Phyllis with Sharon, 3. Sally,the woman you were boning who was pregnant by your brother and D. the baby who you were claiming as yours. And I'm the bad guy?Go knuckle drag your way back to your cave.

Actually I couldn't believe that for once I felt bad for Nick. Couldn't believe the nasty shit coming out of Nates mouth. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Looking at next week's previews at the end of today's show and it looks like Diane crosses a big line as far as Jack is concerned, something about her lying to Kyle, again - and is there anything more pathetic looking than Kyle flirting with Audra, I mean the pompadour makes him look like a country bumpkin falling under the spell of a big city woman who's going to slip a roofie in his drink and roll him for his cash and credit cards.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Nikki said Nick tore out of the office looking none too pleased after Victoria essentially fired him. Gosh, hope he didn't pop a tendon or something.

Clueless Nate didn't even realize Tucker was shining him on. And again with the "they didn't appreciate me at C/W but I was the bomb!" crap. I think Nate's head is so far up his own a$$ he probably snorts his own poop.

Just before the first commercial break PB's voice spoke a tagline for CarShield. KMN. 😡😡😡

Uh oh, Nate, looks like Nick has your number and he's reading it back to you. Nothing like getting called out in the middle of a restaurant, huh? Loved Tucker sitting at the bar enjoying the indoor fireworks.

I've started to nod off during Adam and Sally's scenes. All week it's been the same basic dialogue, over and over and over. Yawn.

Chem test between Audra and Adam? Yeah baby, let's go! (Thumbs up for Audra's curly locks today. I think she and Diane are winning the ladies' hair game on this show,)

"If Victoria needs my input..." Well, you've certainly made sure Vikki craves it, right Nate? You've probably left no orifice unfilled. 😈

Lol, Tucker c-blocked Audra. Looked to me like she was lowkey moving in for the kill with mopey Adam until Tucker showed up. Oh well.

Sorry, Nick. Sally's not trying to have to deal with unemployed you and your mostly abandoned child Christian's issues right now.

Re the previews: mess-seeking missile Audra full on flirting with Kyle and him being ready for it. Oy. Audra, I hope you've done your research on Kyle's psycho MIL.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I've started to nod off during Adam and Sally's scenes. All week it's been the same basic dialogue, over and over and over. Yawn.

I muted most of it for the same reason. They moved to “if I picked our daughter she might not even have made it” but Sally still hasn’t internalized that she would be DEAD and I have no time for that.

I have had tons of compassion for people who have gone through a similar loss IRL, but what I’m seeing on screen is making me want to shake Sally until she gets a clue.

At least she’s not moving in with Nick.

I sadly saw no chemistry between Adam and Audra, which is probably because he’s being made into such a sad sack.

No a fan of the show shopping Audra to the highest bidder either. Tucker, Nate, Kyle, Adam, Kyle again (in previews). Even the fun ones (Adam and Tucker) are too pathetic right now. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Two days in a row I’ve felt bad for Nick. Two. Days.  He should have knocked the side part off that child. I’m sorry but I can’t take Nate serious. He comes off as a little boy playing dress up in his suits. 

Victoria becomes more pathetic each day. Her whining how no one takes her serious while she’s acting like a prissy child throwing a tantrum complete with storming out when she’s actually a middle aged woman sacrificing whatever intelligence and sense she may have had left for a man. 

Victor Newman: I’ve made a career out of putting my children against each other. 

Also Victor Newman: I can’t believe one of my children would screw the other over. 

I have to give JG credit, he wrote a story of a woman giving birth to a still born baby and all I can do is tell her still to shut up. 

I love Adam. I love that he looks at Audra the way I look at her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why does this show insist on torturing my dear sweet Adam Newman? 
Audra and Adam? I don’t hate it but it reminds me of old Adam and Skye. He doesn’t get the love he wants and ends up with a bad girl. I like Tucker enjoying the Nate shit show. 
Victoria you piece of trash. I hope your bony ass gets what’s coming to you.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I have to give JG credit, he wrote a story of a woman giving birth to a still born baby and all I can do is tell her still to shut up. 

I feel slightly bad about it, but I’m starting to loathe Sally. When Adam was alone and replaying the whole baby saga in his head, it blew my mind how cruel Sally has been to him. And Nick is too much of a chickenshit to just say “Hey, I’d make the same exact choice.”

There’s a pretty decent story to be had with Garbage Ape and Adam joining forces at McCall to give Side Part and Victoria a corporate wedgie. It doesn’t need any Sally angst.

Tucker makes for a great peanut gallery. He’s a man who knows how to enjoy the simple pleasures of living in Genoa City.

Even Nick is busting out What Would Neil Do? sermons.

I wouldn’t make too much of the previews of Jack telling Diane she lied to Kyle again. She probably told Kyle his high rise hair looked amazing, and now poor Jack is wondering about all the times she complimented his swoosh. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Jessica Rabbit once said that “I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way”.  For the characters, of GC, it’s I’m not bad, I’m written that way.  Bad writing is compounded by bad acting. Even the best actors like Adam, Sally, Jack, and Diane are given story lines to make them look like shit. Mostly Mariah and Tessa are the only ones that mostly seem to be unscathed. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

the previews of Jack telling Diane she lied to Kyle again. She probably told Kyle his high rise hair looked amazing, and now poor Jack is wondering about all the times she complimented his swoosh. 

Hee. I think Mulva Diane would have to say Kyle's hair is "breathtaking," and then Jack would react like Elaine did.

I can't buy into the huge loss it's now supposed to be for her since I don't remember seeing her ever overjoyed about the whole thing.

Yep. I'll allow for what Sally's going through now to be mostly due to hormones but other than that, nah, not buying her "you should've saved Ava instead of me" act.

I think once Sally realized she was carrying a Newman anchor baby, she foresaw at least the next 18 or so years of financial security for her and the child. Bonus points if she could become a Newman wife.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, boes said:

And Nick is too much of a chickenshit to just say “Hey, I’d make the same exact choice.”

If I remember correctly, that is what he told her when he arrived at her hospital bed after the whole Cameron Kirsten drama, but, of course, if Nick says it, then it's all right.  Would Sally be screaming to high heaven about her baby being killed if Nick had been the one to make that decision, would she be telling Nick that she never wanted to see him again?

17 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I like Tucker enjoying the Nate shit show. 

It looked like Tucker was getting ready to leave, only to ask the bartender for another drink when Nick showed up.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

IMO, if Kyle hooks up with Audra, afterwards that pompadour of his will look like he stuck his finger into an electric light socket.

22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hee. I think Mulva Diane would have to say Kyle's hair is "breathtaking," and then Jack would react like Elaine did.

Yep. I'll allow for what Sally's going through now to be mostly due to hormones but other than that, nah, not buying her "you should've saved Ava instead of me" act.

I think once Sally realized she was carrying a Newman anchor baby, she foresaw at least the next 18 or so years of financial security for her and the child. Bonus points if she could become a Newman wife.

I totally agree with you regarding Sally's financially motivated maternal aspirations, to the point where I silently refer to that baby as "Hava Hope." 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Caught up on the last 3 episodes. John Abbott's tribute episode was good, but Ashley had to ruin it by making me feel kinda sorry for Buttbiscuit. Portraying Diane(or even Tucker) as the breaking point of the family after everything they've already gone through is underwhelming. Ashley looks like a bandwagon-hopping lunatic against Diane for fun. Then she's somehow upset that her brothers aren't letting her run roughshod around Jabot or in their lives. Jack would never like Tucker being around but he's really only got a problem so far because Ashley contracted Phylty's disease of psychopath not minding her own business. 

If they were chem-testing Adam and Adura then I think they both failed. He's been through enough, and I don't think Adura would act any better than post-Nickmatized Sally. Her talking about all the research she's done on Adam, only to turn around and say she's not scared of him is...a strange dialogue decision. I can't tell if she's crazy or stupid for that. Or maybe she was offended that Adam saw through her so quickly & made her backpedal. Either way, she's much more Kyle's speed. He's dumb enough to marry S(D)ummer so Adura is probably right up his alley.

Off topic, but JG must really like Audra/Zuleyka Silver, or in true hack writer fashion, he just doesn't know what to do with her. But he sure likes throwing her to every wall hoping she sticks somewhere. Ironically, it just makes her look less appealing imo. 

For all of Victoria's pontification about what a corporate failure Adam is, she does nothing to demonstrate that she's any better, let alone any smarter than him. It reeks of plot armor that the person with no business degree and mediocre experience gained only through favoritism & nepotism is allowed to repeatedly get over on the person that has a business degree and has had(for the most part) successful experience.

If Heather Tom was still playing Victoria, I might be able to take her more seriously as a businesswoman & as a character in general. I doubt she ever would've blinked twice at Nate & even if she had, I just don't see HT having Victoria look so immature and silly over him or anyone for that matter. HT's Victoria was too much like her father for that. AH'S Victoria is just in her own category of awfulness now. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3

but JG must really like Audra/Zuleyka Silver,

Meh, I'm not sure he likes any of the actors, or if JG even likes his job.

Anyhoo, I think the show took some hits on the way they dumped all the Latino/Hispanic characters (especially Rey) and now they're hiding behind Audra. It's interesting to me though how careful they're being not to identify her much as a Latina.

Either way, she's much more Kyle's speed.

Or so he probably assumes but I think Audra could work Kyle like the tool he is and he wouldn't even realize it. What might be a problem for her is if Phyllis steps in to help save Summer's marriage.

Meanwhile, Adam could meet Audra at eye-level and I suspect he'd be bored with her for anything but the occasional NSA tryst. I'd like to see them running McCall together though.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Anyhoo, I think the show took some hits on the way they dumped all the Latino/Hispanic characters (especially Rey) and now they're hiding behind Audra. It's interesting to me though how careful they're being not to identify her much as a Latina.

I noticed that as well, and TPTB is likely hiding the killing off Rey behind Audra. I don't know if Y&R had Latino writers before(or just writers that cared about proper writing for new characters in general) but when the Rosales family was introduced, they felt real and fleshed out just enough. They bloated the cast and got boring but every one of them felt like complete characters at some point or another. Audra doesn't feel like that at all, under the same writers the Rosales family had she probably would. But she drew the short straw and got JG. I still can't bring myself to cut her much slack unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Audra could work Kyle like the tool he is and he wouldn't even realize it. What might be a problem for her is if Phyllis steps in to help save Summer's marriage.

She'll definitely work buffoon boy, thanks to Summer he's ripe for the picking. But if she's not sweating Adam, and all she knows about him is how crazy he was(is to her pov), Phyllis might not register as a threat to her either. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Not going to spoil it for anyone, but this is my take from today's episode:

1. The only plausible explanation for Kyle is that he was born stupid, a condition he must have inherited from his father.

2. While some may see Diane's behavior on today's episode as her innocently bumbling effort to make everything right between Kyle and Summer, I see it as part of her strategy to get rid of Summer, who is the daughter of her arch-rival, Phyllis, and just the stepmother, not the biological mother, of her grandson.

3. Could Tucker's advice to Ashley to sit back and let Diane crash and burn on her own be genuine, or could this be another maneuver in a joint campaign by Tucker and Diane to take over Jabot?

4. Bravo to Summer for bringing up Diane's past transgressions when Kyle was running Phyllis down for faking her death in such a way as to incriminate Diane as her "killer" - Summer should just walk out the door on the whole Abbott family and leave them to destroy themselves.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

It’s like JG read my post about Chance gifting Dominic to Abby and Devon! It’s being done in such a delicate way too. Good job!

There goes Ashley being stupid again.  And enough with the Diane bashing. Phyllis has been a bigger pain to the Abbott’s than Diane. Remember when she took up with Billy behind Jacks back? Did Ash not hear a word Traci said?

Kyle I don’t feel bad for you. You had a beautiful wife named Lola. You ultimately went for the liver bribing, lying Summer. Throw him to Audra!

Oh HELL NO. You may not gift Chance to Summer. She doesn’t deserve that handsomeness.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 14
  • Love 2

I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with Summer's "whataboutism" regarding Diane's misdeeds vs Phyllis' misdeeds. 

And this is why:

Whatever Diane did, up to and including, "SHE FAKED HER DEATH AND LEFT HER CHILD TO GRIEVE!!!!", all of that happened over 20 years ago (in show time, considering that Kyle is now a man in his late 20s/early 30s?). She hasn't done anything since she's been back in town. Phyllis' latest? Yeah, that was just last month. I wasn't really watching when Diane first disappeared back in the day, but I thought that Diane was written as having actually died, and the whole "faking her death" bit was retconning in order to bring the character back. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Now I know there are folks here that are convinced that Diane's playing some sort of long con. Even if that turns out to be the case (and I hope it isn't), she hasn't done anything up to this point to suggest it. But I get that I'm not that familiar with her history. The Witches Coven of Genoa City is just railing over stuff that went down a very long time ago. But I do like Jack and Diane together, and really hope he isn't being played.

It looks like Kyle and Audra are about to get entangled. Meh. But if it ticks Summer off, bring it on. At least it gives Audra something to do.

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • Love 3
Just now, MsMalin said:

Back in the day Audra would have been known as a Bar Fly.

I'm imagining Audra wearing a 1940's dress with a little too much cleavage showing, and a nifty hat with netting, and fishnet stockings...

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
6 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

I'm imagining Audra wearing a 1940's dress with a little too much cleavage showing, and a nifty hat with netting, and fishnet stockings...

That's what Kyle is imagining, too.

• LOL 17
10 minutes ago, TVForever said:

she hasn't done anything up to this point to suggest it.

In Kyle and Jack's eyes, Diane has been able to maneuver herself into "saintly victim of Phyllis and Summers machinations" status -Diane's got plans.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, TVForever said:

I thought that Diane was written as having actually died

I have to say, TVForever, that I think you're being a bit nitpicky here. Diane's storyline was altered, which may seem to you like re-writing actual events, except that these are fictional characters in a fictional setting, and if a show can age a newborn five years in two years, it can, for dramatic purposes, resurrect a character who might have gone on forever being written as having died - - if Arthur Conan Doyle could kill off Sherlock Holmes by sending him over the Reichenbach Falls along with Professor Moriarity in "The Final Problem" (1893) only to resurrect him 10 years later in "The Return of Sherlock Holmes" (1903) with an explanation that, actually, only Moriarity had gone over the falls, then Y&R can resurrect Diane Jenkins 20 years after the character's apparent demise.

Just now, Js Nana said:

Y&R can resurrect Diane Jenkins 20 years after the character's apparent demise.

and complete with a backstory of how the character had spent the years in between.

• Useful 1