Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Move In or Move On

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I agree. I think in the first episode she said she was finishing grad school, so she likely was covered by one of her parents. (I also doubt she is licensed since she seems to still be in school during filming, which means she’s not a therapist yet.)

She could be far from practicing. Once she graduates, depending on what type of licensing she is getting, she may need supervision hours, practicing under an experienced clinician. That's usually at least a year working full time before she can apply for her license.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

...I think in the first episode she said she was finishing grad school, ...

The producers' description of "Mental Health Professional" instead of a more accurate description of "Student" certainly mislead me. 

After all these years one would think I would learn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 1:10 PM, zoltana said:

Ugh, she's acting like such a bitch!  There's no way she actually wants to stay with him.  Her behavior is what you see from women trying to get the guy to walk out so the woman can play victim.  Dude, you have your dreams hun!  Any future kids are going to love having adventures and writing stories and making up songs. 

Yes! The real reason she doesn't want to be with him IMO is because she's afraid he isn't going to fall in love with her so she's trying to head that off by being the one who ends things.  Also she's a spoiled whiny brat who thinks that by not having dreams or any fun that makes her very smart and mature.

• Love 8
On 3/20/2020 at 4:30 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

and apparently she (like you) doesn't think his dreams are consistent with having kids.

You make a good point. We are child free by choice 🙂 so that’s to be expected. For my husband and I, absolutely no dreams are consistent with having kids. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe he hasn't been sufficiently inspired? Maybe he just needs an adoring wife and some wide-eyed children gazing upon him from under the tree to inspire his song?

Artists - they are a delicate bunch...

All of the artists I know or even know of have a compulsion to make their art.  They do it whether they get paid for it or not. 

That's why I question his "dreams" of writing a book and a Christmas song.  I've thought about it for my own self, and my dream would be to be a well-regarded poet who makes enough money to support myself.  The rub?  I don't write poetry.  I barely even read poetry.

But I love the idea of toiling in relative anonymity, and going out in public and nobody knowing who I am even though I'm a big deal in the poetry community (which I by definition would be if I could make a living writing poetry).  That would be the coolest thing. 

But if I were talking to a partner about our lives together?  I wouldn't even mention it.  I could see mentioning traveling, or backpacking in particular, because those might not have happened yet due to logistics, or finances, or who knows what.

But writing a book?  I assume that people who want to write a book think they have something to say.  So do it already.  There's literally nothing stopping you.  And if you're not doing it, then I think this "dream" may be more along the lines of mine, which is a fantasy, not a dream.

And Katie's very much into non-fantasy, with this have-a-baby clock ticking.

On an unrelated note, are we ever going to see anything related to Austin's characterization as a mama's boy?  I'd love to pull back the curtain on that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Liberty said:

The producers' description of "Mental Health Professional" instead of a more accurate description of "Student" certainly mislead me. 

After all these years one would think I would learn.

To be fair - depending on what type of degree she is earning or licensing she is pursuing, she could be continuing her education and working as a mental health professional. 

On 3/20/2020 at 4:45 AM, antfitz said:

He's at least 99.9% shithead.  He lies to the counselors, he lies to her, and I don't think he's lying to himself. I heard them say he wants to be a Model?? He's dreaming,  he's not that good looking or well built.  I cannot stand the gas-lighting is doing to her.

Too short too.  Word salad as well.  It's a mental health counselors demonstration project.  He's a real narcissist. He figures the rules are special for him he doesn't have to stay overnight even one night with the woman that he agreed to marry at first sight on camera. He's a piece of it.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:49 AM, sasha206 said:

I don't fault Zach for his lack of attraction; sometimes it just isn't there no matter how attractive the person may actually be or how good they look on paper.  But put in your 8 weeks and then end it.  Instead, it's just unnecessarily humiliating for her.  

On 3/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, Racj82 said:

His dreams are the least type of dreams to be pissed off about. He doesn't dream of being a rock star. Walking the entire country. Becoming a millionaire. He dreams of small goals for the most part that could be accomplished over time IN ADDITION to having a family. Not instead of. He doesn't want to put having a child on the back burner so he can write a book. This would be something to worry about. That's not what is happening. So she is indeed a brat that I don't agree with at all.

Derrick doesn't dream of writing a successful book or writing a best seller Christmas song That wins a Grammy. It is just silly little dreams.

• Love 3
On 3/21/2020 at 9:57 PM, Ohwell said:

Yes, he does work with special needs kids.  I found this article about him on page 2 when he worked at Brent Elementary School in DC. 

http://www.brentelementary.org/uploads/6/8/5/8/68589867/tuesnews1-8-2019.pdf

From what I can figure after poking around, he worked with disabled/special needs kids in Arkansas as part of an initiative sponsored by the Clintons while he pursued a degree there in 2016. The Brent School's announcement from 1/2019 says he is the new "site coordinator" which could mean he posts stuff on the school's web site. It could also mean he has involved in some way with managing the facilities there.

I used the internet wayback machine to view the staff page from the Brent School from January through May of 2019 and he's not listed there under any of the categories: teacher, specials, special ed. Seems whatever he did there was behind the scenes. 

Edited by configdotsys
fixed something
  • Useful 3

I won't be poking around looking for more stuff on Michael other than that linked article.  I do believe that he's more involved with the children than managing facilities or a website.  

13 hours ago, configdotsys said:

From what I can figure after poking around, he worked with disabled/special needs kids in Arkansas as part of an initiative sponsored by the Clintons while he pursued a degree there in 2016. The Brent School's announcement from 1/2019 says he is the new "site coordinator" which could mean he posts stuff on the school's web site. It could also mean he has involved in some way with managing the facilities there.

I used the internet wayback machine to view the staff page from the Brent School from January through May of 2019 and he's not listed there under any of the categories: teacher, specials, special ed. Seems whatever he did there was behind the scenes. 

The article said he was a "Springboard site coordinator" so I googled. Here is more information - Springboard is a specific program of before and afterschool activities. https://www.springboardkids.com/. As a site coordinator he likely was responsible for planning, implementing and operating the before and afterschool activities at the Brent School and doing any documentation/reporting that was required. It's not "site coordinator" as in "website;" it's "site coordinator" as in "program site."

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 3/23/2020 at 11:09 AM, Liberty said:

Whatever she does in Mental Health, health insurance is not part of her compensation.  That may indicate something about the level of her professional responsibilities.

I'm thinking she hit age 26 and could no longer be covered by her parents' insurance.

• Love 2
On 3/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, humbleopinion said:

So cringey to see Mindy week after week making smacking and yummy noises with too much feigned enthusiasm when Zach throws her the teeny tiniest crumb of affection.

She may as well gotten on the floor with the dogs panting and jumping all over Zach when he came  to the love nest under duress. Oy.

Scenes like those makes us cover our eyes with our fingers and peek through them waiting for her to be humiliated...yet again.

Sitting with him cheerfully chatting and chirping as he ate the wings she bought remembering his two favorite sauces...he ate his food like it was his last meal before facing the firing squad.

Mindy was her most pathetic asking to borrow his sweatpants then sitting poised and waiting for him to come to her bed...then she hears the door to the guest room click shut and locked.

Where is the wife support for Mindy like Kate got from her wife cast?

It’s so cringeworthy, I’m wondering if it’s real or producer driven.  Who could be that desperate?  I actually look away when they are together that way.  Pathetic.  The fact that she shows no anger or screams or yells at him is unbelievable.  She shows no emotion .. just sits there and ponders.  It makes me crazy.  What person can sit there and take that abuse?  Someone has to set him straight, not wishy/washy Pastor Cal.  Each season, there’s always one like him in the bunch to give us ulcers.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

So if Mindy and Zach are done, why do we see them showing up on Decision Day?

I guess the promo had to have all the couples. Maybe they show up to give back the rings!

to clear the air? to see if zack can actually show he is sorry for his treatment of mindy? I personally want to see mindy and see that she is doing well and happy

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

to clear the air? to see if zack can actually show he is sorry for his treatment of mindy? I personally want to see mindy and see that she is doing well and happy

If Mindy is so shy and doesn’t show much emotion, why did she go on this show?  Don’t make sense.  Zack too.  He doesn’t look people in the face when he talks ..always looks away or down.  Maybe Mindy went on looking for real love,and Zack for exposure?  Mindy didn’t deserve this.  He is a bad guy.

• Love 3
On 3/18/2020 at 7:11 PM, gonecrackers said:

Katie, calling his Christmas song dream "stupid" is not being supportive.

As a lover of all things Christmas, I found it hilarious and ADORABLE.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:11 PM, gonecrackers said:

Katie, calling his Christmas song dream "stupid" is not being supportive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, karenbrady said:

As a lover of all things Christmas, I found it hilarious and ADORABLE.

Plain and simple.  Katy is a Kill Joy.  Nothing pleases her.  She is not for Derek or anyone at this point.  She needs therapy on why she can’t find joy in her life.  If he stays with her, she will ruin him with all her negativity.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Plain and simple.  Katy is a Kill Joy.  Nothing pleases her.  She is not for Derek or anyone at this point.  She needs therapy on why she can’t find joy in her life.  If he stays with her, she will ruin him with all her negativity.

And isn't she the one who told her mom she didn't want her negativity in her life? 🤔😒

• LOL 1
  • Love 3