Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Move In or Move On

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Can you imagine if she Victoria's Secreted it up and he continued to reject her?  Or worse, he went for it, and then gave her the heave-ho? 

Just imagining that hypothetical gave me a full body shudder of embarrassment on Mindy's behalf. I agree - why should she put herself through that? He doesn't deserve one bit of over the top effort from her when he can barely even be bothered to show up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh shit!  Another Blondie and Jon.

For those who don’t know who I’m talking about, “Jon” was the good looking guy who was married to Molly who didn’t like him, and “Blondie” was the sex therapist, divorced with 3 kids who hooked up with Jon when the show finished.  They married each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Recap of next week’s preview (or just put a bullet through this show already):

Pastor Cal voice over: “Next time on Married at First Sight…”

Mindy and Zach, on living room couch. Mindy: “Today, I found out that you did lie to me.” Zach looks slightly confused.

Pastor Cal: “...with only three weeks until Decision Day…”

Katie and Derek, looking through a pile of Derek’s poems. Katie: “You write this?” Derek: “This was my first poem.” Katie: “Oh my gosh!” She sounds happy and excited.

Pastor Cal: “...our couples must continue to find ways to develop their emotional intimacy…” Clip of Taylor and Brandon playing one-on-one basketball outside in a driveway; Meka and Michael sitting on bed together - Meka has her computer and cellphone, and takes Michael’s hand.

Cut to Jessica and Austin, sitting on living room couch. Jessica: “I do love you, Austin.”

Cut to Brandon and Taylor, sitting at restaurant outside, in evening. Brandon: “I totally don’t like living apart from my wife.” Taylor: “If you want to move in, then you can.” (Taylor is wearing a completely different wig, this one has long waves, and is dark brown, at the roots, shading to lighter caramel. It’s not an improvement over the old one.)

Pastor Cal: “...or risk losing everything.”

Cut to Michael and Meka, on couches. Michael is being fidgety and squirmy. Meka: “You’re not the victim. You lied to ME.” (Side note, Meka looks really cute here). Michael rubs temples with finger tips. 

Meka in ITM (she has the same hairstyle and earrings, but is in a different top): “He’s committed to me at least ten times now to stop lying and he repeatedly lies. Would y’all want to be with somebody like that, any of y’all? You want to be with a liar? You can have him.” It looks like she is standing in the hallway of the apartment, and maybe talking with production/camera people here.

Back to Zach and Mindy. Mindy: “And I’m sorry to say but I don’t want to be in this marriage any more.” Zach looks a little surprised, but mostly unemotional. Mindy wipes away a tear.

Cut to new scene - overhead view of countryside and large white house. It’s really pretty. Inside house, four couples are sitting around the table - they toast, “Heyyy!” No Mindy and Zach (!) 

Pastor Cal: “And still to come this season on Married at First Sight…”

Clip of Taylor snuggling up to Brandon, outside at night, while he’s on his phone; Jessica and Austin sitting outside admiring the scenery together, they share a kiss.

Katie and Derek, zooming down a trail in a golf cart “Woo-hooo-hooooo!” Katie and Derek, seated at picnic table. Katie to Derek: “I have a good feeling about where we’re at, going into Decision Day.” (Spoken too soon, Katie).

Clip of Michael and Meka, picking apples off a tree. Cut to M and M, at a nice restaurant outside, at night; They toast. Meka: “Cheers to new beginnings.” Michael: “All right.” Meka in ITM: “This for me is the light at the tunnel that I’ve been waiting for this entire marriage.”

Back to house. Taylor and Derek are sitting next to each other at the table. They are kind of laughing and flirting with each other. Taylor: “Derek and I are always on the same page.” Katie: “ I’m gonna [bleep] throw up.” (Taylor is back to her old wig here).

Cut to Derek and Katie, sitting on step outside, at night. Derek is kind of loud. Derek: “I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong.” Katie: “I’ve seen you at this point initiate conversations with girls…” Derek: “Because I’m actually being myself!” (He’s yelling now). Katie (yelling): I am so [bleep] done. She gets up and walks away.

Cut to scene we saw at the beginning of the season, with Jessica and Austin having their work conversation - they’re seated outside at night, eating dinner. Jessica: “It wasn’t really clarified that traveling for work was going to be, like, every week.” Austin’s nodding. Jessica in ITM: “I feel like everything’s been turned upside down.”

Cut to Taylor, yelling: “If you have a problem then you should have said it to me.” Brandon: “You have it.” Taylor: “I’m done with [bleep].” Taylor goes inside house and shuts door.

Cut to Katie and her dad. Dad: “Some guys just take a little bit longer to mature.” Katie: “He’s a BOY, Dad.” Katie’s dad looks skeptical and shrugs. (Listen to your father, Katie.)

Cut to Meka with her mom. Meka: “I did not sign up to get a divorce.” Meka ITM:  “Going into Decision Day makes me nervous, because there are so many unknowns.”

Cut to Jessica with her twin. Jessica: “He has not said he loves me back.” Sister grimaces and nods. Jessica in ITM: “And divorce is always an option.”

Taylor, talking to friend. “He says that it can be different without the cameras…” Friend closes her eyes. Taylor in ITM: “I just, I don’t know what to do.”

Lots of quick clips of everyone entering office on Decision Day; everyone fiddling with rings

Dr. V: “The time has come for the two of you to decide…”

Pastor Cal: “Do you want to stay married…”

Dr. Pepper: “...or do you want to get a divorce?”

Clips of all the couples looking indecisive, Katie wiping her eyes. Rings being taken off.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I have several FB friends in common with her; she comes up as a friend suggestion.  I am so tempted to friend request her but I'm sure she probably has a lot of nuts doing that from her TV fame!

Which one?  Mindy I hope.

2 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Which one?  Mindy I hope.

Mindy!  I live fairly close to where she grew up and I am assuming she taught figure skating at the rink I play hockey bc of the friends we have in common!

• Love 5

Judge: Will the petitioner, Michael Pants On Fire approach the bench...

Michael: mumble mumble mumble....

Judge: Did you have a stroke and forming understandable words medically impossible for you? Where is your counsel?

Lawyer: Here your Honor... Mr. Watson is not a stroke victim.

He chooses to continually mispronounce words which is maddening.

Judge: Let's proceed....

I have read the petition and am ready to grant the annulment contingent upon a single stipulation...

Mr. Watson will freely admit for the court record that on the flight from Ronald Reagan Airport to Panama City he demanded a consummation of marriage with honeymoon coitus as the deadline to Meka Jones, his legally bound wife.

Lawyer: Mr. Watson will not do that your Honor.

Judge: Why not? Mr. Watson answer for yourself....

Michael: {head cast down, hot tears streaming from his eyes} mumble mumble mumble

Judge: Is Ms. Jones present in the court room? Do you have a statement that can help make me understand the situation presented to the court?

Meka: Here your Honor.

Judge, this court is my last resort to force Mr. Watson to admit his first and biggest lie told to me during the filming of the show.

Judge: Do you want for the marriage to be dissolved?

Meka: Yes, your Honor because he is a lying liar who lies every time he opens his mouth....

Judge: Petition denied...get an old fashioned divorce.

What kind of show makes strangers marry each other?

What is wrong with you people?

{Gavel bangs}

Hold yer flames..not a lawyer... only watched episodes of Ironsides

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

At first I was on Meka's side.  Michael lied.  Then I noticed Meka and realized I wouldn't tell her shit either.  She's always got this nasty scowl on her face.  She was the one complaining about her wedding dress, as I remember.  I don't think they're making Meka look like an "angry black woman," her being angry has nothing to do with her race, she's got a scowl on her face and that isn't welcoming to me at all.  And that's my UO.

ETA, I'm tired of calling EVERYTHING that's not sweetness and light, abuse. 

Michael lies. Michael lies, not Michael lied.  He lies continuously do you really think they're going to go to Ocho Rios?He lied to the producers about his work status and his teaching yoga as a volunteer.  No idea what else he lied to the producers about but they picked him to go on TV as a good potential husband.  Mika is trapped in a legal marriage with a perpetual liar and an eight week contract to "try" to make the marriage work. I'm sure it would be one of the longest eight weeks of my life if I were in her place.

19 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Lying and intentional projection are tools abusive people use.  I spent too much of my life tip toeing around abusers because it's scary to confront them.

If you're in a relationship like this you're living in a "Funhouse" and you know that a fun house is not much fun.  I need to experience it to appreciate how hurtful and confusing and personally damaging to the soul it can be to be in one of these relationships.I can't imagine being in one of these relationships and everything is filmed and all the people I know can have access to what is happening to me.

18 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I mean you’re married.  If a woman can wear a bikini on the beach half naked, why can’t she go to Victoria Secret and buy decent pj’s or a nightie, instead of those ugly jogging pants in the bedroom?  Why not try to look sexy?  Mindy does not know how to dress.  If anything, do it for yourself.  She would look attractive if she tried.

Unfortunately Mindy knows that she's married and she's dressing like a married woman after She has been married a considerable amount of time. Mindy didn't understand that the marriage was legal but she was dating somebody for eight weeks and you have to try real hard or meet somebody who just likes you as you are.   A lot of guys prefer women who use makeup a lot, then use false eyelashes and fake hair and make-believe booty in their panties and all of that.  If the lady enjoys doing it and the man enjoys looking at it, it's a match made in heaven. Mindy didn't get a man like that he's obsessed with himself so he would definitely see the woman as an extension of his attractiveness.  I guess the show should be something like "dating with a vengeance, married at first sight".

Jessica seems to be lightening up a little bit. She's got a good husband though.  I really like Austin for a husband. He would be too boring to date when I was young because I didn't appreciate nice guys. When I started to appreciate nice guys, most of them were already taken.

Edited by Kira53
I remember to proofread.
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And the idea that women use clothes or makeup to make themselves feel better about themselves makes me sad.  They didn't come out of the womb wishing they'd been able to put on a little mascara before making an appearance; they're taught that, and they're the only sex that's taught that.  I wish they could just be who they are.  You know, like men.

Well, except Zach, of course, he of the careful coif.  But I don't think he should be any sort of an example.   

She should look her sharpest and dress her best for her sake, not his. I agree nothing is going to turn this tide its DOA as they say. I think she still had the smallest ray of hope. I can't fault her for taking her vows (sight unseen) she assumed the producers would match her with someone who win or lose would try. I'm confident that looks were not her #1 criteria. I bet she can't help but look across at Jessica with a bit of envy. Why did she get such a wonderful loving guy and I got saddled with heartless self-centered man. 

Mindy's secret (if she has one)

Maybe she indicated she would have sex on the first night...then turned him down?

She claimed she was on her period during the honeymoon?

She told him she waxed her vagina (but didn't)?

She told him she was a Pisces and she's not? 

Or there really is no secret or not anything any normal person would be upset about...

I have no reason to think Mindy is deceitful. In five weeks she's already endured more than most would. If she can get over this fiasco she can be a wonderful wife to some man. Its kind of touching she still refers to him as her husband. He's a HINO husband in name only.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

They really need to get rid of this " stay committed" decision.

The whole idea of this "social experiment" is to give it the eight weeks  and then make a decision. Why do we need to see each of them individually with the experts deciding to continue or not?

When did they start this? Last season in Charlotte?

Was it Dallas? Maybe I'm delusional.......

This whole "stay committed" decision is utter bullshit because it's obvious that at least three of these couples are finished. And prior seasons had couples that should have parted at this point as well. I mean, it's obvious to everyone when there is no future or any chance of staying together. They make them go through this charade for the drama of it, but I don't doubt for one minute that if anyone actually chose to say forget it, they would be reminded of their contractual obligations real quick. If the show wanted to have a shred of legitimacy they would really let them go if they want at this point. It would actually be more interesting to me if they did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Ohwell said:

You know, I don't like suggesting that Mindy's lacking in hygiene, but there's something off with her in how she presents herself.  I do believe that initially he found her attractive, he might not have even minded her being rather slim; in fact, he might have liked the fact that she keeps in shape.  However, there's something about her that he doesn't even want to be physically close to her.  

It's almost like he did a DNA test and found out that they share the same father, but is afraid to tell her.

Or does she chronic halitosis?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

It's almost like he did a DNA test and found out that they share the same father, but is afraid to tell her.

Or does she chronic halitosis?

Now I'm wondering if her "friend" told Zach something about her hygiene habits.   

4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Now I'm wondering if her "friend" told Zach something about her hygiene habits.   

But seriously, what could be so awful?  She never washes her sheets?  

• Love 1

In her "Talking Heads", Mindy comes across as sensible and levelheaded.  She seems keenly aware of Zach's behavior and actions.  However, when they are together, she is a different woman.  She becomes passive and docile. She acts grateful for every crumb he begrudgingly throws her way.  I can’t help but wonder if those THs were filmed after the show ended, because it doesn’t make sense. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But seriously, what could be so awful?  She never washes her sheets?  

I know.  It's just weird.  I have no idea what it is, but I do think there's something going on.   In any event, Zack is an ass for bringing up some undisclosed "something" on tv, embarrassing her,  and not discussing it in private.   Whatever it is.

• Love 4

This season is just... painful to watch. With the exception of Austin & Jessica, who are a delight, everyone seems like they're in prison. They are allowed to cut it quits right? Because most of y'all (Zach especially) need to set your spouses free. 

I gave Katie the benefit of the doubt in the beginning but she's the worst. Derek, I think your dreams are fun and even if I didn't, you're certainly allow to have them. WTF? Every episode she's condescendingly telling him all the ways he has to "change" or "fix" himself. What about her? 

I think Meka would be fun with someone else The other Married at First Sight gals seem to enjoy her company but with Michael she's joyless. And there's something... not right with him or Brandon. Taylor's not exactly in it for the right reasons I think but for some reason I wouldn't want to be alone with Brandon.

Can we just skip to the end of this season already? #FreeMindy

Edited by t7686
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

I loved Pastor  Cal straight up asking Zach why he's still in his marriage and strongly suggesting it was time to go. Zach Pastor Cal has your  number,  he knows you're here for the camera time. I also liked him calling out both Michael and Brandon.  Thank you Dr. Viviana for trying to talk some sense into Mindy.

No Meka does not need to be a soft place for the pathological liar you matched her with.  

Katie wants a toxic male  like her ex who treats her like shit , not someone like Derek.  Katie I think Zach is available,  you should call him. Taylor/Brandon, Meka/Michael are just going through the motions. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I feel like a broken record, but why should she change anything about herself?  Never mind for a creep like Zach?

Even if she did (stupidly) think she could turn his head by gussying up, to what end?  He's not going to decide to stay with her forever no matter what she does.  She already looks pathetic grabbing at every crumb he throws anywhere near her.  Can you imagine if she Victoria's Secreted it up and he continued to reject her?  Or worse, he went for it, and then gave her the heave-ho? 

Yep.  Zach appears to put a lot of effort into how he looks, and all I see is an asshole. 

And the idea that women use clothes or makeup to make themselves feel better about themselves makes me sad.  They didn't come out of the womb wishing they'd been able to put on a little mascara before making an appearance; they're taught that, and they're the only sex that's taught that.  I wish they could just be who they are.  You know, like men.

Well, except Zach, of course, he of the careful coif.  But I don't think he should be any sort of an example.   

Mindy could at least shower and wash her hair. But more to the point: It has been she who has wondered and cried about Zach's lack of attraction to her. Either she cares, or she doesn't. 

In addition, she teaches ice-skating. If there is any sport more sparkly, spangly, blingy, buttons and bows, I am unaware of it! IOW, Mindy knows from gussying up to be attractive.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Derek and Katie

When she sat him down to say we need to work out a compromise she meant he alone needs to make changes to suit her. Where was the compromise on her part?

I kept waiting but to no avail. This chick really thinks she's the shits. She's going to be single for a looooooong time.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Mika is trapped in a legal marriage with a perpetual liar and an eight week contract to "try" to make the marriage work. I'm sure it would be one of the longest eight weeks of my life if I were in her place.

Who said Meka was trapped.  Say you want a divorce and split.  I don't believe they're bound to stay on that show for eight weeks.  I don't believe anybody is trapped.  That's why they have more than 3 couples now, just in case one backs out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2020 at 7:11 PM, gonecrackers said:

Katie, calling his Christmas song dream "stupid" is not being supportive.

I was appalled when Katie the “ mental health professional” hissed at Derek to not get defensive, then immediately became defensive and began yelling and hurling insults at him. She needs to re-examine her career choice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Who said Meka was trapped.  Say you want a divorce and split.  I don't believe they're bound to stay on that show for eight weeks.  I don't believe anybody is trapped.  That's why they have more than 3 couples now, just in case one backs out.

They probably don't get paid the full amount; and hell, if you are going to be divorced anyway, might as well go through with the entire charade before "decision day."

• Love 7
Just now, sasha206 said:

They probably don't get paid the full amount; and hell, if you are going to be divorced anyway, might as well go through with the entire charade before "decision day."

Is that true?  I don't know.  I wouldn't want to stay in a relationship with someone I couldn't trust. 

Look, in real life, people lie.  People stretch the truth on their resumes, they use filters on Instagram, people lie on dating sites.  The problem with Michael is on "Married At First Sight" and you're supposed to be more honest with your spouse than a complete stranger.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Mindy could at least shower and wash her hair. But more to the point: It has been she who has wondered and cried about Zach's lack of attraction to her. Either she cares, or she doesn't. 

In addition, she teaches ice-skating. If there is any sport more sparkly, spangly, blingy, buttons and bows, I am unaware of it! IOW, Mindy knows from gussying up to be attractive.

It's funny because while she usually looks casual with tanks and yoga pants/sweats, I never think she looks unclean.  A lot of men love women to dress down.  And when she's out, she's dressed up.   But he's not attracted to dressed up Mindy either.

And is he ever dressed up? He's casual when he sees her. 

I guess we're criticizing her because he's so clearly unattracted to her.  But I'm in the "she doesn't need to do a fucking thing" crowd.   He is just not into her.

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Is that true?  I don't know.  I wouldn't want to stay in a relationship with someone I couldn't trust. 

Look, in real life, people lie.  People stretch the truth on their resumes, they use filters on Instagram, people lie on dating sites.  The problem with Michael is on "Married At First Sight" and you're supposed to be more honest with your spouse than a complete stranger.

I'm assuming just like any show, you get paid for the amount you're on.  You stop filming, you aren't getting paid.  Otherwise, why would anyone stay on this show at all?  And really, you know every single one of them is on more for the TV exposure than b/c they want to meet their one true love!

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I kept waiting but to no avail. This chick really thinks she's the shits. She's going to be single for a looooooong time.

Looks wise shes average...and has diabetes which is a consideration. She does have beautiful eyes her only feature...

I'm sure the back pack to another country is a long term goal. If they knew what we're facing now...none of this would matter much.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm assuming just like any show, you get paid for the amount you're on.  You stop filming, you aren't getting paid.  Otherwise, why would anyone stay on this show at all?  And really, you know every single one of them is on more for the TV exposure than b/c they want to meet their one true love!

I disagree, some are sincerely hoping for true love. You have to assume there is a reason they didn't find a mate on their own. If I were in my late 20's early 30's single and wanting to be married and settle down with a grin I'd put an app in and see what happens. When I got married the regular way I believed in the vows of marriage so I'm sure I would feel the same way. But like most people I didn't know the difficulties of marriage. I thought it would be bliss and lots of sex...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I disagree, some are sincerely hoping for true love. You have to assume there is a reason they didn't find a mate on their own. If I were in my late 20's early 30's single and wanting to be married and settle down with a grin I'd put an app in and see what happens. When I got married the regular way I believed in the vows of marriage so I'm sure I would feel the same way. But like most people I didn't know the difficulties of marriage. I thought it would be bliss and lots of sex...

I'm sure they are hoping to find true love.  But they could also do an off-camera arranged marriage too.  But they don't.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Derek and Katie

When she sat him down to say we need to work out a compromise she meant he alone needs to make changes to suit her. Where was the compromise on her part? Why not alter some of the dreams to be more realistic like lets plan on going to the Grand Canyon as a family and go back packing? Being married with children isn't a death sentence. He could write a book a page at a time. Katie over time has become less attractive while Jessica has become more attractive and its due personality. A happy bubbly face and affection is much more pleasing than a sorrowful woe is me face. I think they'll stay past the eight weeks but I don't see a long term. 

I thought the same thing. When Katie first started she said something about how WE need to be able to make compromises, she only meant him all along. For a therapist, she really seems selfish and not able to see anything other than what she wants. I feel bad for Derek. 
Zatch is such a tool I hate even looking at him. Mindy needs to give up and move on. 

• Love 10

I can’t believe Katie is so critical of Derek’s dreams.  Taking an adventurous backpacking trip, writing a book and a song, and skydiving are things people do all the time.  It’s not like he wants to live in a shoe or convert to Asian or something. 

I’m shocked that Mindy has any hope of building a marriage with Zach, but I’m still fascinated watching the two of them.  

Thank you all you lovely posters!  Whether I agree with you or not, you help make watching this show more fun and living through the coronavirus more tolerable.  I mostly lurk and don’t post much, so thank goodness you’re not more like me, because I’d have nothing to read.  I love you all—stay safe. 💜

ETA, thank you @gingerandclovesfor your coming attractions recaps. I bet they’re a lot of work. I love reading them.  

Edited by CaliCat
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

I can’t believe Katie is so critical of Derek’s dreams.  Taking an adventurous backpacking trip, writing a book and a song, and skydiving are things people do all the time.  It’s not like he wants to live in a shoe or convert to Asian or something. 

Derek will have lots of girls lining up for him and his dreams. I still think he is adorable!!!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

We have only seen Mindy skip one shower!!! I have no reason to believe she doesn’t shower nor do I think her hair looks greasy or unwashed.

there doesn’t have to be anything wrong with Mindy. It really can be that Zach is just an asshole who is treating her badly because he doesn’t want her. 

• Love 17

This is the second episode I’ve fallen asleep on. This season is so blah. Austin and Jessica are boring but will be fine. Brandon, Michael, Taylor and Zach should never have been cast. Meka is rigid. Katie is a horrid turtle-faced, ungrateful bitch. Mindy and Derek deserve so much more. 

Think I’ll just catch up on the show here from now. 

• Love 7

Katie is so condescending, not only in her words but also in the looks she gives Derek.

I'd condescend my way right on out of that relationship.

Maybe when Jessica finally tells Austin she loves him, it'll be like the Seinfeld episode where George tells a woman he loves her.  She doesn't respond, so he says it again.  She then responds, "Yeah, I heard you the first time."  ; )

Edited by rebel2u
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2020 at 8:27 PM, ShowFan said:

Derek’s dreams are all absolutely realistic and easily achievable as long as he doesn’t breed before that (or ever). I don’t understand what’s Katie’s problem with them. 

Go on a backpacking trip which includes a sky dive; have kids and build treehouses and write Christmas songs with them; write your book when they leave the nest.  Problem solved!

14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Zach was on Unfiltered and they didn’t make it easy on him.  Jamie asked him about the texts and he said he deleted because Lindsay asked him to because she said some not so great things about Mindy and didn’t want her to see them.  Meanwhile, on the show last night, he told Mindy he deleted them on his own. 

And how about his smug attitude when Jamie told him he was mentally/emotionally unfaithful?  "Okay" he smugs, and when she was not happy with him he winked at her.  Fucker.  And I wish they'd stop dropping the fact that he says she did something super-secret he can't repeat that keeps him from being married to her - to me that's the worst thing he has done!

13 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

As for Zach on Unfiltered, I didn't think they were nearly hard enough on him. They kept laughing and smirking and it really rubbed me the wrong way. Why didn't they bring up Mindy's supposed deceitfulness? That was far more upsetting to me than the secret friendship, and they keep just shoving it under the rug.

Yes!!!!!

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Lawyer: Here your Honor... Mr. Watson is not a stroke victim.

Hahahahahahahahaha!  Killing me 😄 

5 hours ago, t7686 said:

I think Meka would be fun with someone else The other Married at First Sight gals seem to enjoy her company but with Michael she's joyless.

And in the same vein no one seems to have a problem sitting by Mindy or thinking she's gross.

4 hours ago, spunky said:

Katie wants a toxic male  like her ex who treats her like shit , not someone like Derek.  Katie I think Zach is available,  you should call him.

Exactly!  Can you imagine if he says his dreams were to be a hard worker and a good provider for his family?  She'd be all pissed that he had no romance or fun or dreams to work for!  I think she and Zach are a match made in heaven - he'd think she wasn't attractive enough and she'd love trying to "reform" him.

In the upcoming previews for the season, I did not see any for Michael and Meka in Jamaica!  (Oops - should I have put that in a spoiler box? 😄 😄😄 )

#FreeMindy

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

This is the second episode I’ve fallen asleep on. This season is so blah. Austin and Jessica are boring but will be fine. Brandon, Michael, Taylor and Zach should never have been cast. Meka is rigid. Katie is a horrid turtle-faced, ungrateful bitch. Mindy and Derek deserve so much more. 

Think I’ll just catch up on the show here from now. 

It's so weird how this season is simultaneously boring and makes my blood boil. I get so riled up AND can't stop llooking at the clock. Of course, I keep coming back, so I guess their strategy is working. 😖

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think we were to infer that Mindy did not shower (before bedtime) this episode, too.

Katie mentioned once what she wants: to be "manhandled." She calls Derek a boy, clearly suggesting he is not "man enough" for her. Girlfriend needs a real therapist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 3/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, NowVoyager said:

Wait. Katie said Derek writing a book is unrealistic once he becomes a parent? Riight... because no parent has ever written a book.

I think she thinks his dreams are so extensive that she pictures herself at home with kids while he's out building castles in Spain.  I don't see why she is catastrophizing about him so much unless it's because of that guy she was seeing before the show.  Derek doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would desert her in favor of his "dreams".  She is just too immature to appreciate him.  I don't really love him either and do think he needs to grow up a little but geesh, he has potential to grow up just fine.  And she should stop drinking so much wine before making these stupid statements.  I notice that with a lot of these couples.  Their exchanges are exaggerated and more ridiculous because they've each downed their own bottle of wine by the time they happen.  I also think production instigates them into bringing up every little fear and reservation they have with each other for the drama factor.  Then they hand them a bottle of wine and watch the shit fly.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:11 PM, Ohwell said:

You know, I don't like suggesting that Mindy's lacking in hygiene, but there's something off with her in how she presents herself.  I do believe that initially he found her attractive, he might not have even minded her being rather slim; in fact, he might have liked the fact that she keeps in shape.  However, there's something about her that he doesn't even want to be physically close to her.  

On 3/18/2020 at 11:52 PM, Leilani said:

Anyone notice how Zach sat as far away as possible on the couch with Mindy. He really is turned off by her.

My theory is that Mindy's so-called "friend" told Zach she has an STD or something similar that would make him want to stay far away from her physically.  And he's going to use whatever it is as his "out".

On 3/19/2020 at 12:13 AM, endure said:

It’s so bizarre that lying Michael chooses to say vunnerable so many times in every episode, is it a drinking game maybe?

I like the interpretation that he really means "sex" when he says that.  But truth be told, what about HIM has made himself "vunnable" to HER?  He just sits there like a sullen lump, never looks her in the eye, never really connects with her and doesn't show genuine emotion unless he's wading through his cringe-worthy baggage.  Just ugh.  Why on earth would she WANT to have sex with him?  And to the accusation that Meka's all stank face all the time - who wouldn't be with a liar they couldn't trust?  I don't really blame her, she has good reason to be that way.  She is hard to take in some ways but I think she has gotten worse because he is just that awful.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, endure said:

Me too.  Tonight was beyond ridiculous even for this show, I don’t know if it’s because there’s so many other things going on in the world right now but I’m really frustrated and annoyed watching it.  And I feel like it is really scripted and phoney.  It’s just not believable.

I hear you and I have been feeling the same way.  This show has always been that way to some degree but somehow this season it seems even worse, like they just tossed a coin on who to match with who.  Plus the "experts" are really repulsive to me this season.  They are so full of shit in their "advice" most of the time.  They know damned well that these marriages are for crap and yet they stick to the script to entertain them as if they still have a chance.  Then the couples seem to want to stick things out to the very end even though things are about as bad as they can get.  Seriously?  All of them are phonies except for Jessica and Austin.  They are all either fame whores or have to stick to the contract unless they want to forfeit money.  The whole thing is ridiculous and frankly upsetting especially in light of what's been going on in the world these days.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This whole "stay committed" decision is utter bullshit because it's obvious that at least three of these couples are finished. 

I think “stay committed” was adopted from the British version. At the halfway point, if one of them wants to remain married, the other has to stay until Decision day. British viewers believe it’s unfair and think that the experts are being “emotionally negligent”. So far, we haven’t had to deal with that scenario.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

there doesn’t have to be anything wrong with Mindy. It really can be that Zach is just an asshole who is treating her badly because he doesn’t want her. 

Tough theory, but I wonder if Zach has a small penis and then just couldn't come to terms with revealing himself.  Perhaps all along he's had lady troubles, and thought this mafs might get him over the hump AND married, but then he went into major fear.  To keep his distance he then grabbed every excuse in the world, real and imaginary, to stay away, and slips into word salad mode to keep his real reasonings secret.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And is he ever dressed up? He's casual when he sees her.

I swear that in one of the flashbacks to the casting process, he was wearing either a wifebeater or a tank top, neither of which I think is ever a good look on a man.  In fact, if I were MAFS to a man who had even one of those in his wardrobe, there'd be tough sailing ahead.

8 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Unfortunately Mindy knows that she's married and she's dressing like a married woman after She has been married a considerable amount of time. Mindy didn't understand that the marriage was legal but she was dating somebody for eight weeks and you have to try real hard or meet somebody who just likes you as you are.  

What's the point of trying real hard?  To fool him into something that you're not going to keep up?  I assume she was stupid enough to believe the experts would match her with someone who would like her the way she is, so I have no problem with her remaining true to that.

8 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

She should look her sharpest and dress her best for her sake, not his.

Seems to me she's happy with the way she looks, so she doesn't need to do anything for her sake.  Why can't we be celebrating this horse-toothed greasy haired sweaty person's self-confidence, and think, "Gosh.  Wouldn't life be easier if I could accept my looks for what they are, like she does"?

6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

She was also in the military, so she knows from dressing for functionality. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I also think production instigates them into bringing up every little fear and reservation they have with each other for the drama factor.  Then they hand them a bottle of wine and watch the shit fly.

Hence the reason that Dr. Viv uncrossed her eyes long enough to tell Jessica to pressure Austin with the "You must tell me you love me NOW!" bullshit.  Leave them alone!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, CaliCat said:

Thank you all you lovely posters!  Whether I agree with you or not, you help make watching this show more fun....

Well said!  This forum is interesting all week long.

I will miss the posts here more than I miss the show when the show wraps.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Their exchanges are exaggerated and more ridiculous because they've each downed their own bottle of wine by the time they happen.... Then they hand them a bottle of wine and watch the shit fly.

Starting to think Katie is in more scenes with alcohol than without.

Generally surprised by how much alcohol is consumed during filming.  Even J & A consume after their visits with the poseurs.  Since the alcohol soaked honeymoons, Brandon is the only one who has not been in a scene drinking, even Taylor came home one morning after being 'out' all night.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2020 at 1:07 AM, Racj82 said:

It has been said (by me) that this line of thinking is dumb and dudes can be just as picky as women. These gross generalizations always drive me nuts.

That is the only thing I'll give Zach. A lesser person would just sleep with Mindy just because they could. At very least he's doing nothing physical. He's doing a whole bunch of mental fuckery but at least he stops there. Unlike Luke who repeatedly slept with a woman he claimed to find gross and made her feel like trash after the sex.

The damnedest of faint praise but at least he's not a 100 percent shithead.

He's at least 99.9% shithead.  He lies to the counselors, he lies to her, and I don't think he's lying to himself. I heard them say he wants to be a Model?? He's dreaming,  he's not that good looking or well built.  I cannot stand the gas-lighting is doing to her.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I swear that in one of the flashbacks to the casting process, he was wearing either a wifebeater or a tank top, neither of which I think is ever a good look on a man.  In fact, if I were MAFS to a man who had even one of those in his wardrobe, there'd be tough sailing ahead.

What's the point of trying real hard?  To fool him into something that you're not going to keep up?  I assume she was stupid enough to believe the experts would match her with someone who would like her the way she is, so I have no problem with her remaining true to that.

Seems to me she's happy with the way she looks, so she doesn't need to do anything for her sake.  Why can't we be celebrating this horse-toothed greasy haired sweaty person's self-confidence, and think, "Gosh.  Wouldn't life be easier if I could accept my looks for what they are, like she does"?

She was also in the military, so she knows from dressing for functionality. 

And "dressing for functionality" plus a tenner will get Mindy a cup of coffee. Romance, not so much. 

Mindy obviously watches her weight, and she wears lipstick and eye liner. She was made up to beat the band for her wedding. Why wasn't Mindy bare-faced with unwashed hair then? Why bother with a fancy wedding dress? People can get married in sweat pants just as easily (more!) and legally.

Why the effort? Because she wanted to look her best on that one day.

I'm not a fan of Mindy's type of Bait and Switch.

None of the above is meant to excuse the despicable behavior of Zach.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, princelina said:

Go on a backpacking trip which includes a sky dive; have kids and build treehouses and write Christmas songs with them; write your book when they leave the nest.  Problem solved!

And how about his smug attitude when Jamie told him he was mentally/emotionally unfaithful?  "Okay" he smugs, and when she was not happy with him he winked at her.  Fucker.  And I wish they'd stop dropping the fact that he says she did something super-secret he can't repeat that keeps him from being married to her - to me that's the worst thing he has done!

Yes!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!  Killing me 😄 

And in the same vein no one seems to have a problem sitting by Mindy or thinking she's gross.

Exactly!  Can you imagine if he says his dreams were to be a hard worker and a good provider for his family?  She'd be all pissed that he had no romance or fun or dreams to work for!  I think she and Zach are a match made in heaven - he'd think she wasn't attractive enough and she'd love trying to "reform" him.

In the upcoming previews for the season, I did not see any for Michael and Meka in Jamaica!  (Oops - should I have put that in a spoiler box? 😄 😄😄 )

#FreeMindy

Everyone with working brain cells knows Michael was lying about Jamaica.  As for Katie she's a hot mess. Zach was looking for any excuse not to be around Mindy. 

• Love 3