Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Move In or Move On

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Being tied down with kids is her dream.  Now, I don't know how much of it has to do with her statement that because of her diabetes, she needs to birth them sooner than might otherwise be the case.  And I've never been down with this overwhelming desire to breed, but I step back and tell myself that if that's what they want, then that's what they want.

But I think Katie wants more than kids.  If that really was all, then yes--just get a sperm donor.  But I suspect what she really wants is a family.  And that's fine, except it takes two to tango, and she and Derek aren't even on the same dance floor. 

I will speculate two thing are going on with Katie.

1. From her disease, her world grew much smaller, and so Derek's dreams seem "way out" to her to have.  She wants the basics.  And probably security.

2. I think a large portion of her complaints about Derek stem from her doing some comparison to her previous guy.  Maybe he "had it together" or was in an upward trajectory in his DC career, and so Katie could see that and understand (and LIKE) that.  It's just they didn't mesh timewise or something.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Same with Michael.  With his grandiose lies, I'm hoping that his "educator" profession is also a lie.  I would not want him being involved with my kid's education.

Somehow I got the idea he ran before and after school programs for students, like maybe things that engaged students before they were picked up after work by parents.

Might have been last weeks episode where he said something about this, maybe I made it up.  He does not demonstrate the skills needed to be an effective class room teacher.  He is a sad case professionally, what would be a good job for him?  Storyteller?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Somehow I got the idea he ran before and after school programs for students, like maybe things that engaged students before they were picked up after work by parents.

Might have been last weeks episode where he said something about this, maybe I made it up.  He does not demonstrate the skills needed to be an effective class room teacher.  He is a sad case professionally, what would be a good job for him?  Storyteller?

Yes, during his sit down with Cal this week he used a bunch of superfluous words to explain his new job. I still had the ep on my DVR so I popped it on really quickly to get the exact wording:

"I'm the director of before and after care, or extended day program, at a charter school."

So, yea. He runs a day care center. Far cry from principal or administrator.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

The one positive thing I can say about Michael is that he does seem to like working with children, even if he's not a principal.  I just hope he realizes that lying on television doesn't make him a good role model.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Far be it for Poser Cal to press Michael on his compulsion to inflate his status and career description...the hot tears would flow....

Michael, why not just say you babysit kids before school and after school until their parents can drop them/pick them up before/after work?

His "program" is supervision of indoor/outside play and breakfast/and a snack am and pm.

In between the morning and afternoon babysitting gigs, he cleans the yoga studio for free sessions...

Tell Meka exactly what job you are wearing those anniversary ties to.

Show her your pay stub for a job that is about 6 hours/day work times 5 days/week... otherwise known as part time...

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Show her your pay stub for a job that is about 6 hours/day work times 5 days/week... otherwise known as part time...

If he runs before and after school programs, he is probably a full-time staff member. If it's a charter school, it's entirely likely that some/all of the students have special needs. He probably isn't "babysitting" them - I'm guessing it's more involved than that. He may have people working for him, including some people who actually monitor the students. It's not just him and a couple dozen kids running around an empty classroom until mom and dad get home (necessarily).

I get that Michael has told a lot of lies - but I don't thinkt he position he describes is "glorified babysitter." 

• Love 5
On 3/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, Elizzikra said:

She exercises all day every day so that helps keep her trim. And the fact that she dressed up on her wedding day doesn't obligate her to a lifetime of dolling up for her husband 24/7. I don't think this is Bait and Switch at all - Mindy washes off the make up and wears comfortable clothes when she is at home. She should be able to be comfortable at home.

Well, there you go.  She wears her comfortable clothes at home.  But, to us, she’s on the t.v., so she should look a little bit nicer and get rid of those baggy drab bottoms she constantly wears.  Then, she goes to bed in them.  Gross.  Sorry, but true.  I’m putting Mindy’s bed wear to bed.  LOL.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, Adeejay said:

Zach believes that if he sleeps over a couple nights a week that would be making an effort. And, by sleeping over, he means the couch or in the second bedroom.  At this point, I believe he and Brandon are just hanging around for the money.  I am sorry but I don't think they are entitled to the full amount.  

What money???  😳  They get paid to go on this show?

• LOL 1
On 3/20/2020 at 6:30 AM, Yeah No said:

I'm surprised at how much Katie drinks considering she's a diabetic.  She should be watching it and not drinking as much for a lot of reasons.

Alcohol and massive carbs.  I’m sure she adjusts her insulin, but it’s so unhealthy.  It will have unpleasant effects in 20 years.   Even insulin dependent type 2 diabetics can’t get away with those eating habits. I hope she at least exercises like crazy. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I liked how she called the show out.  Yay.

My favorite was “Katie brought her baggage and is flinging it all around the relationship.”

something like that. 

She’s so even and analytical.  Everyone in her area shoul want her as a therapist.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Liberty said:

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

If he runs before and after school programs, he is probably a full-time staff member. If it's a charter school, it's entirely likely that some/all of the students have special needs. He probably isn't "babysitting" them - I'm guessing it's more involved than that. He may have people working for him, including some people who actually monitor the students. It's not just him and a couple dozen kids running around an empty classroom until mom and dad get home (necessarily).

I get that Michael has told a lot of lies - but I don't thinkt he position he describes is "glorified babysitter." 

He said it to Cal, he also said it to Meka during that talk where he was blindfolded and had to answer her questions, so I'm believing it is true.  That position would not be a full-time staff member, nor does it require an education degree, and unless he is actually The Director, he's probably being paid an hourly wage.  There is absolutely no way one goes from that job to principal, especially in the DC area, even in a private/charter/Catholic school.  

ETA: It is a job that requires good organizational and managerial skills, and if he is actually The Director (or the janitor haha) he probably makes an okay living at it.  But it's not on track to be a principal.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4

I see where with Michael's lies, there's a lot of chat here with the semantics of his job description. Sounds to me he is not being wordy but finally opening up and being honest and not calling himself a "teacher." As a building custodian, I don't say "I'm a cleaning person.  I empty trash cans and mop floors." We all know how resumés, and basic self esteem goes. If Michael has any self respect, he won't call himself "a glorified babysitter" or something.  Unless he is making a joke or something to that effect. 

The above is all I'll say in Michael's semi-defense. He is a liar and has clear mental defects. I can't blame Meka for the mistrust & skepticism. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Yes, he does work with special needs kids.  I found this article about him on page 2 when he worked at Brent Elementary School in DC. 

http://www.brentelementary.org/uploads/6/8/5/8/68589867/tuesnews1-8-2019.pdf

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Well, there you go.  She wears her comfortable clothes at home.  But, to us, she’s on the t.v., so she should look a little bit nicer and get rid of those baggy drab bottoms she constantly wears.  Then, she goes to bed in them.  Gross.  Sorry, but true.  I’m putting Mindy’s bed wear to bed.  LOL.

Who are we to say what she “should” do? She isn’t beholden to us anymore than she is her douchebag “husband.”  And with that, I’ll put my comments on Mindy’s clothing/makeup/hairstyle choices to bed as well.

• Love 7

I'm glad that Stephanie (the therapist in the video I linked) said that Michael should NEVER have been chosen for this show.  Some people believe, mainly because of their upbringing, that they can NEVER make a mistake or else they will be rejected and abandoned.  If you've been brought up that way, it means you can NEVER admit to making a mistake, never admit that you're wrong.  That sounds like Michael to me.  I know so many people who have issues with the truth because they were humiliated as children when they made a mistake, so, hey I'll just pretend I'm perfect. 

People who humiliate others see their mistakes as failings in THEM, they don't realize that all people on this planet make mistakes and no one is perfect.  A child gets a bad grade:  Some parents will say, "okay, let's see what we can do about this," other parents will be, "you stupid, idiot, you'll never amount to nothing."  If Michael had issues like that, he shouldn't be married to anybody, he has to deal with those issues first.

If Michael had been humble (NOT humiliated) and admitted to Meka, what was said on the plane, then maybe she would have been like, "okay, let's do better next time"  Being humble is admitting you made a mistake, period.

On the other hand, though Brandon admitted he screwed up in Panama, Taylor can't seem to admit that posting the video was wrong also.  I could agree with Taylor if she told the producers, "I can't be married to a stranger who just cursed me out.  I don't feel safe.  I want a divorce."   But Taylor kept saying, "I want to try, I want to stay on TV married."  But if Taylor wanted to stay married, she'd have to forgive Brandon.  Me personally, I would have asked for a divorce.  It's dumb to stay in the marriage and continue to abuse the other person.  Taylor thinks she's all that, but I can see why she's still single.  She's probably the type of person who goes with a man and when he does something wrong, she cuts him off.  Taylor thinks she's perfect, people probably tell her how pretty she is, how much she looks like Beyonce, and probably thinks she DESERVES a perfect man.

And that brings me to Zach.  He shouldn't be on this show either.  He's probably a person who feels, "if I"m not attracted to someone in 15 minutes, then game over" and that's okay, but he shouldn't be on the show and maybe his problem is the type of person he is attracted to.  I don't know, but I feel he's abusing Mindy by getting her hopes up and dashing them.  He should just say, "I'm not attracted to her and I don't want to lead her on, period." 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2020 at 10:14 PM, Silver Bells said:
On 3/19/2020 at 11:21 PM, OnTime said:

Derek will have lots of girls lining up for him and his dreams. I still think he is adorable!!!

He is.  He Could do much better.  I don’t understand what he sees in her actually.  She’s always criticizing him.

I think Derek only "wants" to like Katie because he was matched with her and got married. So now, he figures this needs to work.

Had he met her in any other situation, he probably wouldn't have spoken to her more than twice. He needs someone that appreciates him.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 9

HOORAY FOR THE SHAM RE-COMMITMENT!! AGAIN with the cute sound bites of, "Just going through the motions or playing to the cameras," being frowned upon & the creative editing that made it look like the top 2 would say no. 😂 WHERE did Pastor Cal ask Zach to quit playing & GET THE HELL ON?? He wasn't even wearing his ring, THAT'S his answer!! NEITHER was Brandon & Taylor!! Like, these people are "participating" poorly & DING! DING! TODAY is the DAY you will actually try to make your marriage successful & lasting.... Yeahhhh. Noooo. It's TOO LATE at that point. Damage is done, mind is made up, they are LIVING the marriage they WANT. They CHOSE it! If they really wanted to have a successful marriage, they would've been working at it THE WHOLE TIME!! This should be the meeting to REMOVE people barely "trying" to make it the 8 weeks. But no, we get this bs, "Are you committed? Why would you say yes/no on Decision Day?" It makes it seem like they're committing to staying married until Decision Day.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2020 at 6:31 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't know about all these pledges to spill emotional guts. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Yup. Not like spouses need to know anything. They're all EXCELLENT, open communicators who know & understand each other. 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
On 3/18/2020 at 7:45 PM, Silver Bells said:

I mean you’re married.  If a woman can wear a bikini on the beach half naked, why can’t she go to Victoria Secret and buy decent pj’s or a nightie, instead of those ugly jogging pants in the bedroom?  Why not try to look sexy?  Mindy does not know how to dress.  If anything, do it for yourself.  She would look attractive if she tried.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:05 PM, Jade Foxx said:

I’m pulling for Mindy to put Zach’s ass out...AND, she is quite frumpy. 😒

Maybe that's her way of saying, "Don't worry, I don't want to have sex with you & you shouldn't want to have sex with me either." The cute stuff is for a husband who ACTS cute! 😂😂

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2020 at 8:04 AM, Retired at last said:

I do want to at least give these guys credit for not taking advantage of the "marriage" situation and having sex with women they are not interested in. Maybe they learned from how social media reacted to Matt and Luke.

Takes TWO. I doubt ANY of the wives would go for it. I hope they'd have higher standards. 😅 Let's be honest, NONE of these participants have ever watched the show. 😂😂

Idk. Katie's too much of a hater. WHY are they YELLING at each other?? Oh ya. Cuz they CAN'T COMMUNICATE!! 😂 She's jealous. Cuz she has NO dreams! She feels left out. But she could be a part of them! A Christmas song?? WHO could HATE that?? COME ON!! She is way too closed-minded. She didn't have to crap all over his dreams like that. Made that the focus instead of their future & wonders why she doesn't feel secure. She just created that sabotage! Trying to make him choose. Trying to force him to make her his dream. COME ON!! That insecurity is TOO UGLY!!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 5:23 PM, sasha206 said:

They probably don't get paid the full amount; and hell, if you are going to be divorced anyway, might as well go through with the entire charade before "decision day."

NOPE!! It's a s#%t show NO ONE wants to see & KNOWS is FAKE. I'm fine with Brandon showing up & saying he's done. That's all that's acceptable. THE TRUTH. MAYBE, if BOTH spouses faked the marriage. That's a big MAYBE. Otherwise, we get stuff like Meka looking crazy & pissed cuz she can't trust her husband. Taylor looking beat down cuz her husband constantly disrespects her. Mindy looking crazy desperate cuz her husband said he's not attracted to her. WHY be subjected to the craziness & bad image for a CHECK?? NOT WORTH IT!

• Love 4
On 3/19/2020 at 10:33 PM, Yeah No said:

I also think production instigates them into bringing up every little fear and reservation they have with each other for the drama factor.  Then they hand them a bottle of wine and watch the shit fly.

If the show buys their food, WHY the Kraft Mac & Cheese?? GEEZ!! Get some good, fancy stuff!! Meal kits! Prepared food! Take-out! Kraft Mac & Cheese?? I'd be stretching that budget! 😂😂

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Idk. Katie's too much of a hater. WHY are they YELLING at each other?? Oh ya. Cuz they CAN'T COMMUNICATE!! 😂 She's jealous. Cuz she has NO dreams! She feels left out. But she could be a part of them! A Christmas song?? WHO could HATE that?? COME ON!! She is way too closed-minded. She didn't have to crap all over his dreams like that. Made that the focus instead of their future & wonders why she doesn't feel secure. She just created that sabotage! Trying to make him choose. Trying to force him to make her his dream. COME ON!! That insecurity is TOO UGLY!!

True.  She’s blatently picking on him.  I don’t think she’s happy within herself, therefore everything bothers her.  The first boyfriend left, so she’s acting out on her new marriage, which she went into for spite.  She’s used to getting her way, therefore picking on everything he does and wants, including his dreams.  She’ll never be happy with anything, IMO.  Derek isn’t her problem, she’s her own problem.  Another guy wouldn’t take her nonsense.  Derek is too nice and doesn’t deserve her shit after he does the right things for her.

• Love 9
On 3/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, sasha206 said:

But put in your 8 weeks and then end it. Instead, it's just unnecessarily humiliating for her.

Nah. END IT WHEN IT'S DONE! He was done on Day 2! He was probably done at the altar. The ENTIRE "MARRIAGE" has been humiliating & embarrassing for her. He could've and SHOULD HAVE spared her and ENDED it after the wedding, like a decent, respectable person would have. If he wanted to put in 8 weeks, he should've done a Brandon & SAID he was done.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3

Michael should've given Katie & Derek that grass so, during arguments, one can yell at the other, "KISS MY GRASS!!" 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
On 3/20/2020 at 4:16 PM, LuvMyShows said:

The thirstiest Mindy has been this whole season was with the unpacking of his bag and putting his stuff into the drawer.  I really like her, but boy, I was really really annoyed at her reaction then.  When they had their earlier conversation, he said he would stay one night.  What on earth made her think he would bring a lot of stuff?  And it certainly never occurred to me that he would be sleeping in the bed with her, so again, what on earth made her think that he would.  She is the reason that they made that saying, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Preach!

Yes. And when he told Pastor Cal whatever bullshit about trying to make it a good experience for Mindy, that soooo gave away that he is just biding his time until the 8 weeks is over.

Zach is Mindy's "on-camera husband." OMFG!! 😂😂😂😂 CHILE!! Of course he's committed to the CAMERAS & his "marriage." He gets to do whatever the hell he wants & his wife happily laps up any crumbs he throws! She was way too eager for his "night over" she confused with him moving in & he opted for the other room. DAMMMMNNNN! SHUT DOWN!! Nice of him to spring that on her & her saggy bottom pants. I'm oddly curious what her stance is on sex, would she really go there even though he's disrespected her at EVERY turn?? Alas, it seems Zach finally gives Mindy the push she needs to end it for him. TOOK HER LONG ENOUGH! 😥

• Love 1

Michael needs Meka to make him feel comfortable being vulnerable?? He CREATED the distrust!! HELL NAH!! If he wanted that, he shouldn't have LIED!! It takes him a while to trust people, yet he makes people NOT trust him!! WTF?!! He sabotaged his marriage from the start!

• Love 6

Most laughable line of the episode: "I have never not been supportive of your ideas, even the ones I think are STUPID."

Pastor Cal's truly puzzled face when Zach opens his mouth is priceless.  I am still... STILL waiting for him to say outright, "You don't make any sense, Zach.  I asked you a question: Are you loyal to Mindy? That requires one of two answers: yes or no."

They could have pressed a little more for direct answers: "what are you accusing Mindy of lying about?"

I was annoyed by Brandon's "conditions" upon which he might deem his interest in the marriage to Taylor worthwhile: all things he expected from her. How about the fact that he sulked and ran off during the honeymoon? Swore at her on the bus? Left their apartment?

I really think Mindy is trying to look gracious at this point; no one could be so naive and stupid to "hold out hope" because her moron "husband" brought a pair of sweatpants to her apartment and slept in the guest room. He is so despicable. But she really came off badly in the "sleepover" scene.  Hovering, asking way too many questions ("can I borrow those sweatpants sometime?"), asking about his washing up routine.  Desperation doesn't look good on anyone, Mindy.  She bent over backwards to get the food he said he likes, give toys to his dogs, empty a drawer for him. And he barely gives her scraps.  Someone has to tell this guy to go fuck himself.

Meka is a sourpuss but Michael is so phony.  His telling PC that he is the one who is invested and has put his emotions out there? Really? I was wondering what I missed when he read that little phony speech. If they started out with him lying and that was her first impression, I doubt the relationship can be repaired.

Did you notice Jessica saying, the second she walked into the apartment at the end of the day, asking Austin, "did you get that dishwasher emptied?" 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Some people believe, mainly because of their upbringing, that they can NEVER make a mistake or else they will be rejected and abandoned.  If you've been brought up that way, it means you can NEVER admit to making a mistake, never admit that you're wrong.  That sounds like Michael to me.

Isn't that contradiction so bizarre though? Afraid of being rejected or abandoned because of mistakes, yet he keeps making mistakes of LYING ON PURPOSE & she's STILL THERE. So. He's testing her & it's a Catch 22 test. So UNFAIR! She's proving she'll stay, but she has to tolerate the intolerable. It sucks & she should've asked for a divorce after he denied the ultimatum.

• Love 1

I CAN'T with these!! Encouraging spouses to stay AFTER they've encountered DEALBREAKERS! NO! NO LIES! NO DISRESPECT! NO BS! NO ONE should tolerate that! People KNOW better than to do those things! It's worse for the other spouses cuz they're "trapped" by their marriage, but they're really NOT. It should only make them think twice, maybe, but still END IT WHEN THE MARRIAGE IS OVER!! Making it to Decision Day is NOT an accomplishment when the marriage is S#%T!!

So much for letting them decide... They say they can't FORCE anyone to get divorced, but Brandon said he was over it & Pastor Cal reeled him back in. WTF?!! LET HIM GO!! I'm mad at this! Would've actually had an honest exit.

• Love 1

NOT fond of the dynamic switch between Brandon & Taylor. He thinks he's got the upperhand now & is all high & mighty. All of his sins have been washed away & Taylor must beg & kiss his feet. Um. NO. He should've just stayed done. WHY COULDN'T HE KEEP HIS SPINE?? I appreciated the honesty & the break from the dysfunction. She wouldn't even own up to posting the video to be malicious, soooo honesty issues with them too. I agree. That's unacceptable. He was disrespectful on purpose, too. She can't be mad at him for holding his line because she didn't. She took it too far TO HURT HIM. Guess she better thank the sham re-commitment for forcing him back. 😂

So cringey to see Mindy week after week making smacking and yummy noises with too much feigned enthusiasm when Zach throws her the teeny tiniest crumb of affection.

She may as well gotten on the floor with the dogs panting and jumping all over Zach when he came  to the love nest under duress. Oy.

Scenes like those makes us cover our eyes with our fingers and peek through them waiting for her to be humiliated...yet again.

Sitting with him cheerfully chatting and chirping as he ate the wings she bought remembering his two favorite sauces...he ate his food like it was his last meal before facing the firing squad.

Mindy was her most pathetic asking to borrow his sweatpants then sitting poised and waiting for him to come to her bed...then she hears the door to the guest room click shut and locked.

Where is the wife support for Mindy like Kate got from her wife cast?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

I'm fine with Brandon showing up & saying he's done. That's all that's acceptable. THE TRUTH.

The Truth....

Not necessarily you, but I think some posters forget Brandon on camera talked with Michael about Taylor trying to get on other reality tv shows; she just missed one and so decided to go on mafs.  He does not feel, imo, that she is really serious.  Thus he is out, and has been for quite a while, perhaps from the reception on (when he probably got clued in).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Most laughable line of the episode: "I have never not been supportive of your ideas, even the ones I think are STUPID."

Pastor Cal's truly puzzled face when Zach opens his mouth is priceless.  I am still... STILL waiting for him to say outright, "You don't make any sense, Zach.  I asked you a question: Are you loyal to Mindy? That requires one of two answers: yes or no."

They could have pressed a little more for direct answers: "what are you accusing Mindy of lying about?"

I was annoyed by Brandon's "conditions" upon which he might deem his interest in the marriage to Taylor worthwhile: all things he expected from her. How about the fact that he sulked and ran off during the honeymoon? Swore at her on the bus? Left their apartment?

I really think Mindy is trying to look gracious at this point; no one could be so naive and stupid to "hold out hope" because her moron "husband" brought a pair of sweatpants to her apartment and slept in the guest room. He is so despicable. But she really came off badly in the "sleepover" scene.  Hovering, asking way too many questions ("can I borrow those sweatpants sometime?"), asking about his washing up routine.  Desperation doesn't look good on anyone, Mindy.  She bent over backwards to get the food he said he likes, give toys to his dogs, empty a drawer for him. And he barely gives her scraps.  Someone has to tell this guy to go fuck himself.

Meka is a sourpuss but Michael is so phony.  His telling PC that he is the one who is invested and has put his emotions out there? Really? I was wondering what I missed when he read that little phony speech. If they started out with him lying and that was her first impression, I doubt the relationship can be repaired.

Did you notice Jessica saying, the second she walked into the apartment at the end of the day, asking Austin, "did you get that dishwasher emptied?" 

First the dishwasher, then “ did you make the bed”, then “did you cook”, then “ did you do the laundry”.  What next?  It’s only the beginning.  Then things start to go south.  That kind of shit can wear on a person after awhile.  He has a job too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

Zach is Mindy's "on-camera husband." OMFG!! 😂😂😂😂 CHILE!! Of course he's committed to the CAMERAS & his "marriage." He gets to do whatever the hell he wants & his wife happily laps up any crumbs he throws! She was way too eager for his "night over" she confused with him moving in & he opted for the other room. DAMMMMNNNN! SHUT DOWN!! Nice of him to spring that on her & her saggy bottom pants. I'm oddly curious what her stance is on sex, would she really go there even though he's disrespected her at EVERY turn?? Alas, it seems Zach finally gives Mindy the push she needs to end it for him. TOOK HER LONG ENOUGH! 😥

Like I said before,she lowered herself.  He was just not into her.  Plain and simple.  Zack gave no answers, just went along moping the floor with her and bullshitting his way through his sit downs with the experts.  He did it for exposure and money. Pathetic.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

If the show buys their food, WHY the Kraft Mac & Cheese?? GEEZ!! Get some good, fancy stuff!! Meal kits! Prepared food! Take-out! Kraft Mac & Cheese?? I'd be stretching that budget! 😂😂

Geeze.  At least they should buy Stouffers.   $2.19 at Walmart.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
On 3/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, sasha206 said:

The angle "to be famous" is an interesting one.   They both must have that desire;  just like The Bachelor the reason they are on that show is to feed that need.  I don't believe any of them are on a show for the "right reasons."  Some are less obvious about that (Austin and Jen).

I said earlier that unless he's without job, his dreams are fine.  None of them need to be accomplished by age 30.  Maybe he's all over the place about his dreams and she's tired of hearing them.  But writing a Christmas song is harmless fun, so I don't  understand her shitting on that one even if his dreams aren't grounded in reality.  Or any of them unless they are dreams that could impact them financially (my BIL once wanted to open an Irish pub w/zero experience in the restaurant biz, fortunately he never did).

The question I ask is though:  does this woman not want to be a child therapist anymore?  Because her reaction on his dreams being dumb, shitting on the Christmas song, surely is going to make her lose business.  

Same with Michael.  With his grandiose lies, I'm hoping that his "educator" profession is also a lie.  I would not want him being involved with my kid's education.

We all have dreams. Dreams are good.  They keep us going.  Whether we get them is another story.  I’m still waiting.   I just hope Katie doesn’t squash little kids dreams.  She’s a therapist?  I can’t see that.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

We all have dreams. Dreams are good.  They keep us going.  Whether we get them is another story.  I’m still waiting.   I just hope Katie doesn’t squash little kids dreams.  She’s a therapist?  I can’t see that.

Right.

I am kind of wondering if he wants to write a Christmas song, why has he not written a Christmas song?  That's something he can do now.  Is it something he says to women and they usually swoon over their dreamer boyfriend?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Right.

I am kind of wondering if he wants to write a Christmas song, why has he not written a Christmas song?  That's something he can do now.  Is it something he says to women and they usually swoon over their dreamer boyfriend?  

That's why I thought the whole "dreams" conversation was producer driven.  I especially thought the Christmas song "dream" was too stupid to even mention.  Why not just write the damn song?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Geeze.  At least they should buy Stouffers.   $2.19 at Walmart.

Stouffers makes amazing mac and cheese. I also like their lasagna.

I saw a receipe care from a meal prep service like Hello Fresh on Austin and Jessica's refrigerator door. I love Hello Fresh so good for them getting some good, easy meals they can make together!

6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

That's why I thought the whole "dreams" conversation was producer driven.  I especially thought the Christmas song "dream" was too stupid to even mention.  Why not just write the damn song?

I really didn't even think about the fact he hasn't written a Christmas song until a few minutes ago!  Maybe Katie hears this stuff every single day and that explains her annoyance about it.  Just write the fucking song already!  Maybe she is thinking he is just a little too "twee'?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, sasha206 said:

I really didn't even think about the fact he hasn't written a Christmas song until a few minutes ago!  Maybe Katie hears this stuff every single day and that explains her annoyance about it.  Just write the fucking song already!  Maybe she is thinking he is just a little too "twee'?

Maybe he hasn't been sufficiently inspired? Maybe he just needs an adoring wife and some wide-eyed children gazing upon him from under the tree to inspire his song?

Artists - they are a delicate bunch...

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, you’re right.  Producer driven.  They had nothing going on, but carried the dreams conversation too long.  Boring.  Posters are smartening up.  Katy’s over the top acting wasn’t that great also.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

..I just hope Katie doesn’t squash little kids dreams.  She’s a therapist?  I can’t see that.

I can't see it either.  The show list her as "Mental Health Professional", which could mean a variety of things other than what our normal idea of "Therapist" means.

Whatever she does in Mental Health, health insurance is not part of her compensation.  That may indicate something about the level of her professional responsibilities.

• Useful 3

Whatever she does in Mental Health, health insurance is not part of her compensation.  That may indicate something about the level of her professional responsibilities.

Or not. Many therapists are in private practice and have to obtain health insurance for themselves. I also think that Katie was finishing her master's degree so she may not be practicing yet. I think she likely was on her parents' insurance (which she could be on through age 26 as long as she was a full-time student under the ACA) until her 27th birthday, which is why she needed a new policy.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Or not. Many therapists are in private practice and have to obtain health insurance for themselves. I also think that Katie was finishing her master's degree so she may not be practicing yet. I think she likely was on her parents' insurance (which she could be on through age 26 as long as she was a full-time student under the ACA) until her 27th birthday, which is why she needed a new policy.

I agree. I think in the first episode she said she was finishing grad school, so she likely was covered by one of her parents. (I also doubt she is licensed since she seems to still be in school during filming, which means she’s not a therapist yet.)

• Love 2