Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Chapter Seventy-Three: The Locked Room

Bort
  • Start Topic

Ahahahaha, Cheryl, now we all know she would have straight spilled to Jug the next time she saw him, please.

Here’s my take on Betty/Archie/Jughead because it’s now the only thing holding my interest:

Does Betty love Jughead? Yes.

Did she feel something tingly with Archie? Yes.

Does Archie love Ronnie? Yes.

Did he feel something extra with Betty? Yes. 

All of this can be true. It’s not black and white.

Is Veronica trashing Archie’s desk and screeching in the previews? Yes.

Is Betty going to “choose” Archie in two episodes? Or Archie “choose” Betty? No.

This is something that will probably conclude with a: “Yeah, maybe we could have been together in another life, another time period, there’s something we’ll always feel but we’re too deep in our relationships and we can’t hurt them for something unknown but love you, bestie.”

And by “conclude” I don’t mean this is an ending with a PSA running across the screen telling all Bugheads and Varchies that Barchie will never, ever, ever happen.

I actually do think they’ll go there with Barchie for real next season. But, again, too early for spec on that.

1 hour ago, MollyWebber said:

Free Archie!

😍

• Love 1

Damn, so it was actually a tradition for the ghostwriter of the "Baxter Boys" to assume the mantle by actually planning out and committing the "perfect crime?"  And that had already happened at least four times?  I certainly hope other well-known crime series don't follow this tradition or we're going to have to see how many bodies the ghostwriters of James Patterson novels have been dropped!

Surprised that the case is mainly wrapped up now, although it looks like Donna is going to escape any real punishment, since she managed to make sure she never got her hands dirty (oh, and that other girl, Joan, will skate by since she had diplomatic immunity and is apparently going to go back to her home country.)  But she is now under the watchful idea of Betty, so I wouldn't be surprised if this dangling thread comes back into play.

I figured Dupont was going to jump out of the window Chipping-style, but I still enjoyed it.

So, along with all of the teasing between Jughead/Betty, Archie/Veronica, and Archie/Betty, Hermosa randomly questions if Veronica and Betty are actually girlfriends.  I guess we just need to have someone suggest the pairings of Archie/Jughead and Jughead/Veronica, and then every fandom out of the foursome would get a shoutout!

Still think there will be more to the Charles character besides being an ally for Betty when the time calls for it.

Curious to see how the rest of this season plays out.

• Love 3

I was JOKING about not allowing Archie to take Jughead's pulse but... LMAO! We still love you Arch! (And I did appreciate how he and Veronica were such loyal friends.)

To be fair, Jug's pulse could have been weak and/or irregular--even on a healthy not bonked by a rock person who isn't collapsed in a dark wooded area, a pulse can be hard to find. And Archie did give him a fireman's carry up to the med van!

This honestly summed up a lot better than I thought it would have, considering. But? Questions.

1) Why the hell hasn't four missing students been a bigger scandal than it's been? FOUR? At a richie rich school for spoiled progeny of people very very VERY used to getting their way? I get the entire point was to be perfect murders, but none of them turned up murdered or even dead--they simply vanished. What red blooded rich, connected, willing to fake test scores/slap their kid onto a rowing machine for phony photo ops parent isn't going to raise Caine in every corner of the state Riverdale is in and get the place shut down???

2) Dupont was depending on a lot more fellow psychos keeping his slaying tendencies secret than Betty et al ever had to during this fever dream, and for decades, not a few weeks. Why the hell hadn't any of the previous ghostwriters demanded blackmail, or any of his students who didn't get the contract turn him in out of rage?

3) Charles, you are one patient man, but not as patient as your lover, Chic, who is rotting in a jail cell having been framed for the murder ALICE committed and FP helped hide, with the assistance of our favorite duo! Why the heck did the writers bring this thread into play at all? It has gone NOWHERE.

4) And seriously, JOHNATHAN. A Black student is murdered, murdered, by his fellow Stonies and people care less than...about anything else. He may have been in on most of it, obviously, but, what, was the writers' idea to make up for his complete lack of character or agency and his off-screen, footnote death by letting him grow a dubious conscience that he never once got to voice from his own mouth? 

Things I did like:

Betty's little spin towards the door as soon as Jug said "locked room mystery." Which, by the by? That's not a locked room mystery--the term refers to a murder that seems to be unsolvable due to the apparent lack of ways for the murder to commit the crime and escape (that is, the victim being murdered in a room locked from the inside and being found alone), not the rich tradition of gathering all the suspects in the parlor and recapping the crime.

Brett getting the pudding beaten out of his stupid face. Nice how Joan had an ambassador daddy and Donna was all self-confident while Brett relied on gross videos and bravado. Serves you right, asshead.

Jughead's neat row of forehead stitches, which don't make much sense since Joan hit him in the BACK OF THE HEAD.

although it looks like Donna is going to escape any real punishment, since she managed to make sure she never got her hands dirty 

That actually was a win for the writers--the fact that this driven lunatic could pour so much of her life into this sweet revenge and at the very last minute end up with nothing. Really, no prison could be worse for her particular personality, and Betty knew it. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Snookums said:

To be fair, Jug's pulse could have been weak and/or irregular--even on a healthy not bonked by a rock person who isn't collapsed in a dark wooded area, a pulse can be hard to find. And Archie did give him a fireman's carry up to the med van!

Archie gave him CPR. Saved another life, per usual.

47 minutes ago, Snookums said:

And seriously, JOHNATHAN. A Black student is murdered, murdered, by his fellow Stonies and people care less than...about anything else. He may have been in on most of it, obviously, but, what, was the writers' idea to make up for his complete lack of character or agency and his off-screen, footnote death by letting him grow a dubious conscience that he never once got to voice from his own mouth? 

Preach. Never sat well with me that he wasn’t considered important.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

So I guess Jughead and Betty mostly took down Stonewall Prep and the preppies had varying levels of getting away with it. At least Jug got to beat up Brett. He should have given the brass knuckles to Betty for her confrontation.

Last week, I figured Donna was Dupont's granddaughter and they were in it together. Oops. Chipping had already killed someone by then, so he was guilty. Dupont was guilty many times over. Grandpa Jones skipped out on his family to protect them. The other 4 idiots attempted a murder. So, did one of them commit a murder on Johnathan?

I guess I'll have to watch Nancy Drew more carefully, as the writers of the show probably committed a murder to prove their mystery writing ability. That may also explain some of the weak writing on Riverdale. Those writers probably never murdered anyone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MollyWebber said:

Okay I really liked this episode a lot! They actually tied up a mystery and it explained the who, what, where, how logically (for Riverdale).

Some more takeaways after watching this episode:

- This show is capable of some good stuff when they're not trying so hard to be "different" (mfing crazy). But I get that being "different" is the trademark of the show.

- No way they're having Betty choose Archie over Jughead unless they do an AU ep, bizarro storyline, or huge time jump. They have protected and risked everything for each other, especially during this storyline. He literally risked his life to protect her and she literally saved his life. They even worked through a couple of misunderstandings and fights (that the writers threw in there to create more suspicion towards Betty) stronger than ever. They can keep trolling the ship wars and shitstir with Cheryl all they want, no longer buying it! (Nevermind that Cole & Lili's chemistry is still going strong.)

Omg, I would be TOTALLY cool with an AU ep, and what's better, it should absolutely be based as close to the comics as possible! Can you imagine it?! It could be a whole "if this had happened" situation, where we get comics accurate characters the entire way- a bright and sunny Riverdale with Archie being fought over by Betty and Veronica, Veronica as the rich spoiled bitch she's supposed to be, Betty the goody-goody constantly being dumped on and mocked, Jughead who (apparently) hates women and only loves food, Cheryl AND Jason alive and scheming, even go ahead and bring back Moose and Midge and have Reggie as the victim of Moose's beatings. (Even as I write all that, I realize just how cringey those comics were, and yet I loved 'em as a kid).

That'd be really funny, actually. I can see them doing that.

• Love 7
On 1/24/2020 at 8:54 PM, HeatLifer said:

If this all ends with milkshakes at Pop’s, it’s a fail of a story, IMO.

LMAO. I hate to quote myself but I *knew* the ending of this episode reminded me of something I had previously mentioned. (Cole & KJ, btw, were cracking me up in that scene. They looked so OOC for some  reason, especially this part where Archie is sipping on his milkshake for like 15 seconds and staring at Jug).

To give the writers a bit of credit, though, they did provide a true unpredictable twist -as in NO ONE saw this coming - Jughead’s death resurrecting Barchie. Bwah.

• Love 1

I don’t know about this episode.  There was a lot of exposition but it all came together for me and I did ultimately think Stonewall Prep made the best villains in a long time.    

There was a bunch of stuff I did like and find funny.  Hermosa thinking Veronica and Betty were killing their boyfriends so they could be together for one.    

I also liked the “yeah you caught us....lawyer.  Yawn.  I am gonna go now”. Vibe from all the students. 

• Love 3

Well, this episode went far better than what I initially expected. I mean, the explanations were still a little questionable, but it was actually a decent episode. I think the Stonewall Preppies made for some pretty awesome villains (awesome for Riverdale standards) and I do think that the episode worked as a whole with Smug Jughead (Smughead?) getting to take them down and see all the smirks drop from their faces.

I guess I tried calling Jughead's fake death as a plot in Jughead's story...but having him actually almost die and then go into hiding was not a bad alternative. It made the whole Archie/Veronica questioning of Betty make sense.

I had a good solid laugh at Charles leaving Brett in the interrogation room, only to come back to him completely beat up and bloodied without so much as a blink. I don't know why that cracked me up so much, but it did.

I liked the ending to Donna's story. Betty implied that Donna could return (and I assume her and Brett are likely to pop by in a future episode) and I kind of liked the explanation as to why she was pulling the strings. Having her ultimately working toward revenge on DuPont by sacrificing everyone else in her path is probably the best explanation.  

But what made me extremely uncomfortable was the casual hand wave of Jonathan's murder. Yes, I didn't know his name until the last episode, and yes, I didn't really remember him otherwise...but we don't know how they murdered him or what happened to his body or...anything. And it was basically tossed in two lines and that's it. It was as casual as Archie sipping a milkshake. 

Speaking of that last scene, I'm glad for the Core Four actually getting to talk to each other, especially Archie/Jughead. This show SUCKS at having characters actually interact, especially their Core Four. 

With Betty/Cheryl's scene, that cemented for me that they WILL be exploring Archie/Betty, probably next season. This isn't just a random throwaway line that this show likes to do. There have now been multiple hints, which means that they're following through. Granted, it could be a two episode plot before they revert back to the original couples, but no doubt they're going in that direction.

And Kevin appears! To...introduce the Seasonal Musical? Well, seeing as I skipped the last two musical episodes (because I hadn't been watching seasons 2 or 3 anymore, at that point), I will also be skipping this musical episode too. Sorry show, you're too cringey when you do things like this.

• Love 5

This show has a habit of destroying entire high schools, will all the Stonewall Prep kids now be walking the halls. I guess it doesn't really matter since they are essentially done with high school and we hardly even met any teachers. I wonder if any of the core four will be going to college, since they all screwed it up in some way. I still don't understand why Veronica has to gloat to daddy and tell him her plan before she tries to do it, he always thwarts it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Snookums said:

Yup. Taking pulses is not as easy as it sounds, especially in the dark, when you're scared out of your mind and the patient is already injured.

1) Why the hell hasn't four missing students been a bigger scandal than it's been? FOUR? At a richie rich school for spoiled progeny of people very very VERY used to getting their way? I get the entire point was to be perfect murders, but none of them turned up murdered or even dead--they simply vanished. What red blooded rich, connected, willing to fake test scores/slap their kid onto a rowing machine for phony photo ops parent isn't going to raise Caine in every corner of the state Riverdale is in and get the place shut down???

Because they probably weren't rich kids, they were most likely the same as Moose. Kids with a broken life that no one would miss or make a fuss over who they brought in via scholarship

3) Charles, you are one patient man, but not as patient as your lover, Chic, who is rotting in a jail cell having been framed for the murder ALICE committed and FP helped hide, with the assistance of our favorite duo! Why the heck did the writers bring this thread into play at all? It has gone NOWHERE.

Saving it for later maybe?

4) And seriously, JOHNATHAN. A Black student is murdered, murdered, by his fellow Stonies and people care less than...about anything else. He may have been in on most of it, obviously, but, what, was the writers' idea to make up for his complete lack of character or agency and his off-screen, footnote death by letting him grow a dubious conscience that he never once got to voice from his own mouth? 

That's Riverdale for you.

Brett getting the pudding beaten out of his stupid face. Nice how Joan had an ambassador daddy and Donna was all self-confident while Brett relied on gross videos and bravado. Serves you right, asshead.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I had a good solid laugh at Charles leaving Brett in the interrogation room, only to come back to him completely beat up and bloodied without so much as a blink. I don't know why that cracked me up so much, but it did.

Best part of the episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, MollyWebber said:

But it would still make Archie look like an asshole, which is why I'm still not sure they will go there.

This season? Absolutely not. They wouldn’t butcher Archie like that and have him carry the heavy and cheat on Veronica or decide he’s going to pursue Betty while she’s with Jughead. If there are feelings, they’ll either be denied, ignored, or acknowledged and given a “maybe one day” nod.

With Betty/Cheryl's scene, that cemented for me that they WILL be exploring Archie/Betty, probably next season. This isn't just a random throwaway line that this show likes to do. There have now been multiple hints, which means that they're following through. Granted, it could be a two episode plot before they revert back to the original couples, but no doubt they're going in that direction.

I see a twist either in the finale or at the start of Season 5. That way the show doesn’t have to deal with Bughead and Varchie’s breakups at once. And it would be completely plausible that Barchie would get together as adults in a specific circumstance.

• Love 1

LMAO at Jughead sitting in the bunker for weeks (months?) coming up with literary allusions he can use when he traps all of his hateful writing school chums and makes them listen to him explain his own murder. Also LMAO at how bored and annoyed Donna looked listening to him. The actor playing her was giving a really big performance, but I loved it.

I was expecting/hoping that maybe at the end of their big explanation they would suddenly realize they made a terrible mistake and Charles was working against them all along, and then that twist would take us into the end of the season, but oh well. Charles is very patient about his revenge.

Something I did not like: Riverdale's bizarro sense of justice where, if someone's a really bad person, that means you can assault them and it's NBD. I felt like I was supposed to laugh at Brett getting beat up by gang members thanks to a corrupt FBI agent, but that's horrible.

Also, Riverdale's bizarro sense of justice where the only thing that matters is whether your actions hurt one of the main characters.

3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

There was a bunch of stuff I did like and find funny.  Hermosa thinking Veronica and Betty were killing their boyfriends so they could be together for one.    

I love how matter-of-fact she was about it. Like, "That's what secret girlfriends do."

I think I would enjoy a version of this show where everyone just owned being completely evil and there was no pretense that they were ever going to do the right thing.

I liked the ending to Donna's story. Betty implied that Donna could return (and I assume her and Brett are likely to pop by in a future episode) and I kind of liked the explanation as to why she was pulling the strings. Having her ultimately working toward revenge on DuPont by sacrificing everyone else in her path is probably the best explanation.  

But what made me extremely uncomfortable was the casual hand wave of Jonathan's murder. Yes, I didn't know his name until the last episode, and yes, I didn't really remember him otherwise...but we don't know how they murdered him or what happened to his body or...anything. And it was basically tossed in two lines and that's it. It was as casual as Archie sipping a milkshake.

I was uncomfortable with these two things in relation to each other. Because, the show's kind of like, "What did Donna really do? She attempted to murder Jughead, and that's not cool, but she can live in peace as long as she gives up the book contract... Oh, also I guess she killed Jonathan but who cares?"

This fits into a larger pattern where Riverdale has a bad track record with black characters -- it treats them like they're aliens or something and there's no possible way to let them participate in the story except by standing in the back of a group shot while a white character does something, and then it just gets rid of them. It's creepy.

• Love 7

Because they probably weren't rich kids, they were most likely the same as Moose. Kids with a broken life that no one would miss or make a fuss over who they brought in via scholarship

Very true, and I'm assuming most of the ghostwriters, having undergone such a ghastly audition, stuck to the job a while so things were spread out. The pattern was there but in big enough waves somebody would have to search for it.

It does make me wonder how old Mr. Chipping was supposed to be; he was the last ghostwriter and wrote 4 books. If that's a book every say, two years? given the time to write/edit/publish, and he got this contract his senior year of high school, when did he go to teaching college, get married and have kids while secretly noting which of his spoiled rich brat horror shows of students might be ripe for recruitment? He must be really good at budgeting his time.

• LOL 1

Honestly I thought this was a cringey episode.  I know it's Riverdale, but still the whole reveal seemed so hokey.  Jughead and Betty seemed so smug the whole time I wanted to smack them, and I really like the characters.  The writers did a good job wrapping up the mystery though.

5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I also liked the “yeah you caught us....lawyer.  Yawn.  I am gonna go now”. Vibe from all the students. 

Apparently all you have to do to get around that is have FP and Jughead go in and beat the crap out of them with brass knuckles.  And poof those pesky Miranda rights are taken care of.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Jughead and Betty seemed so smug the whole time I wanted to smack them,

Lol, same. But I kind of always have this issue with them. They can be insufferable when they’re right. Which, according to Riverdale, they will always be. Which is a larger problem, tbh. Characters need to be humbled sometimes. 

But as a whole, the episode was too much talking and too much recapping. I get why it had to be done, but it got boring at times.

• Love 6

Yeah, I wondered that too. Also, this is a tiny thing I guess, but it continues to bug me. Now that Jughead's home, he and Betty, who are still in high school, are living together and sleeping in the same room across the hall (or next door) from their parents? How is this bizarrely awkward arrangement continuing to go unaddressed? Please, just even a throwaway line would do at this point.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, I wondered that too. Also, this is a tiny thing I guess, but it continues to bug me. Now that Jughead's home, he and Betty, who are still in high school, are living together and sleeping in the same room across the hall (or next door) from their parents? How is this bizarrely awkward arrangement continuing to go unaddressed? Please, just even a throwaway line would do at this point.

At least Betty made a face and had to leave the room when FP/Alice kissed? I do think it’s weird they never really discuss how awkward it is or that Bughead share a brother. But something tells me Charles ain’t gonna last beyond this season, so...

First of all, I know that when Jughead did the "I have the conch" line, it was a Lord of the Flies reference, but I could picture were Spongebob and Patrick. "All hall the magic conch!!" 

So we have a whole episode for Jughead and Betty to wrap everything up, and they seemed to do a decent job at it. Most of the issues were resoled, the questions answered, and as ridiculous as a lot of it was (this is sure a massive ass conspiracy you guys that is also insanely small) for Riverdale, it was practically just a simple day at the park! I do feel like Betty and Jughead could have turned down the smug a few volumes, they were practically dripping in their own self importance (even deciding that Jugs grandpa really did have his story stolen even though....he didnt?) even if, yeah, they did turn out to be right about everything. Of course Betty and Jughead are ALWAYS right, so that just makes them more smug, rinse and repeat. I couldn't even enjoy the equally smug but even more dickish Brett getting his ass beat, considering the obvious corruption of local and national law enforcement, that I am apparently supposed to be cheering for because...its Jughead doing it. The whole solution was somehow both convoluted and very simple, and basically exactly what I thought probably happened, weirdly enough. 

I did love the "blah blah blah where is my lawyer" reaction from the preppy kids, especially Donna, who looked like she was about to start checking her phone when Jughead and Betty were doing their big reveal. I am glad that we are moving to new bad guys, but this shows sometimes sucks at keeping villains WAY past their expiration date, but I liked the preppy kids as bad guys, they worked a lot better than a lot of the other bad guys we have had. Evil rich kids and a skull and bones society thing mixed with a kids mystery series was a fun change from the endless stream of serial killers and weird cults and mob bosses trying to murder teenagers. 

So Charles is really playing the long game, huh? I keep waiting for him to make a move against the Coopers and he just keeps not doing it. 

Of course Archie broke down and told his mom, good boy that he is. I dont know if they will go for a Betty/Archie thing, I just dont know how they can make it work and have everyone out alright. So did Archie actually save Jughead when he gave him CPR? How hard is that freaking hat anyway?

I am really glad that Jughead is coming back to Riverdale for the next arc, maybe he and Betty will actually talk to Veronica and Archie every once in awhile? 

So are we just...not gonna do anything about Jonathan? Why was he murdered? Was he murdered? Where is his body? Why are we not supposed to care? Yeah he was in league with these assholes, but did he try to do the right thing? Shouldn't we still care at least a little bit that Donna killed him?

The people I really feel bad for? The window repairmen at Stonewall! They just got those windows fixed from when Mr Chipping took his dive out the window, and now they have to replace them again

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8

I'd like to know what the window repair budget is for Stonewall Prep, it must be really expensive.

How big is the drop out that window, anyway?  It looks like ten feet lol.

For all of Brett's threats to put Bughead's sex video on the internet, he might have made it easier on himself by not going old school with VHS.

These rich kids don't bother having their lawyers with them when being questioned by the FBI?  eeeeokay.

Well props to the show for a pretty satisfactory whodunit.  I liked the whole Stonewall Prep story arc and this has been my favorite season to date.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course Archie broke down and told his mom, good boy that he is.

I knew he wouldn’t disappoint.

did Archie actually save Jughead when he gave him CPR?

Yes, as well as Betty, who did the mouth-to-mouth. He at least regained consciousness.

maybe he and Betty will actually talk to Veronica and Archie every once in awhile? 

Ha, this is still something that baffles me and why the Stonies story missed a mark for me personally. Varchie should have been way more involved from the beginning. And I didn’t like how we never saw Jughead & Archie together, not even when Jug was hiding, they’ve dropped the ball on their friendship completely and it’s shameful. 

I dont know if they will go for a Betty/Archie thing, I just dont know how they can make it work and have everyone out alright.

I mean, there are always ways in fiction, but Riverdale writers don’t have the capacity for it, so I just think that’ll come into play later on. Not now. 

On that same note, allow KJ and Lili to act together, Roberto! I don’t care in what way. They have chemistry. They are good at what they do. I get that they will always be overshadowed by a real couple, but Lawd. There’s plenty of room for all to get their moment & shine.

The people I really feel bad for? The window repairmen at Stonewall! They just got those windows fixed from when Mr Chipping took his dive out the window, and that they have to replace them again

😆 I love your posts.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Jughead and Betty probably committed a crime or two during their big reveal, locking their "victims" in the classroom.  Even if the Stonies seemed willing to play along, and even surrender their phones to them (?).

I thought it was funny when Jughead even told Mr. Dupont to "shut up", he was so full of himself.

Now that this nonsense is (hopefully) over, I wonder what the rest of the season will be about?  

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The people I really feel bad for? The window repairmen at Stonewall! They just got those windows fixed from when Mr Chipping took his dive out the window, and that they have to replace them again

😆 I love your posts.

agreed but how about this for an alternate ending for Chipping:

He jumps out the window but we don't hear a body hit the ground. A smirking Jughead and Betty calmly walk over to the broken window to see a very alive Chipping slightly bouncing on the safety net set up by the waiting FBI agents pointing guns at him. Chipping looks up and yells "I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!!"

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The scene with Charles strolling back into the room with his fresh cup of coffee was hilarious. I actually really like the character, and he's handy. Murder cover ups, wiretapping,  medical teams pulling injured teenagers out of the woods..no problem! I hate that they teamed him up with Chic. I almost wonder if the writers might have dropped the storyline, but I'm sure he'll turn on the Coopers somehow.

Jonathan did deserve better. Even a line about getting closure for his family too might have been nice.

In Riverdale, it's no big thing when the previously deceased Jughead shows up to homeroom.

Really good episode, I think.

I'm curious how many seasons the show has left. It's going to lose something when they all graduate. I mean, they're barely attending school *now* but it does loosely bind them all together.

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 1:25 AM, madhacker said:

agreed but how about this for an alternate ending for Chipping:

He jumps out the window but we don't hear a body hit the ground. A smirking Jughead and Betty calmly walk over to the broken window to see a very alive Chipping slightly bouncing on the safety net set up by the waiting FBI agents pointing guns at him. Chipping looks up and yells "I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!!"

I saw how they had that same window framed in the shot and was expecting DuPont to jump through it. too In my alternate ending, DuPont would've bounced off the window and landed on the floor while Jughead smirked that they were expecting this and had the window reinforced. 

10 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

I saw how they had that same window framed in the shot and was expecting DuPont to jump through it. too In my alternate ending, DuPont would've bounced off the window and landed on the floor while Jughead smirked that they were expecting this and had the window reinforced. 

Or just because it's physically awkward to jump and tuck to get through that window without bouncing off the frame.

Would CPR be really be needed/helpful for a brain/head injury? I'd imagine it would need to be a severe injury for circulation to stop, in which case Jughead may not have survived (or may not have complete recovery). That part just seemed off to me. But otherwise I quite liked this episode.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Natalie25 said:

Would CPR be really be needed/helpful for a brain/head injury? I'd imagine it would need to be a severe injury for circulation to stop, in which case Jughead may not have survived (or may not have complete recovery). That part just seemed off to me. But otherwise I quite liked this episode.

I assume this takes place in a universe where pumping blood actually decreases the amount of blood pouring out of an open wound. Also, in this universe, the FBI has its own ambulances and hospitals

• LOL 2
On 3/12/2020 at 2:10 PM, HeatLifer said:

Lol, same. But I kind of always have this issue with them. They can be insufferable when they’re right. Which, according to Riverdale, they will always be. Which is a larger problem, tbh. Characters need to be humbled sometimes. 

But as a whole, the episode was too much talking and too much recapping. I get why it had to be done, but it got boring at times.

Considering Brett and Donna were constantly winning until then I dont a give a shit about howBughead Seemed Exposing them. Fuck them. How dare Bughead show some pride 🙄