Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: The Ghosts Of The Past

• Start Topic

To air on March 18, 2020:

Dr. Manning and Dr. Charles assist in a complicated case helping a 4-year old who they quickly learn is no stranger to the ED. Dr. Marcel and Dr. Choi tend to a police officer with a mysterious gunshot wound to the abdomen. Relationships are put to the test as secrets are revealed.

It appears the One Chicago won't be back to fully finish their seasons due to the coronavirus. At least that's been reported by NBC execs. When production does resume, they'll probably truncate by by two episodes. Totally understand wanting to be safe, but it still stinks as coronavirus is disrupting everything.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-nbcuniversal-halts-production-35-series-chicagofire-chicago-pd-chicago-med-fbi-law-order-svu-kelly-clarkson-show-angelyne-1202881992/

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

It appears the One Chicago won't be back to fully finish their seasons due to the coronavirus. At least that's been reported by NBC execs. When production does resume, they'll probably truncate by by two episodes. Totally understand wanting to be safe, but it still stinks as coronavirus is disrupting everything.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-nbcuniversal-halts-production-35-series-chicagofire-chicago-pd-chicago-med-fbi-law-order-svu-kelly-clarkson-show-angelyne-1202881992/

SpoilerTV says all Wolf shows are unlikely to resume AT ALL for the remainder of this season.

29 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

SpoilerTV says all Wolf shows are unlikely to resume AT ALL for the remainder of this season.

Well this keeps just getting better and better then. Then they would be done just two episodes shy I think. I think they had 2 or 3 episodes left to shoot for the Chicago series.

Edited by WinJet0819
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Can someone please tell me when Dr. Choi and April got married?

Thanks

They haven't but it seems as if they are still putting the cart before the horse. ( Re: wanting to have a baby so desperately.)

Ben and Maggie's wedding looked fun!

I don't think I missed any episodes this season and I knew CeCe was dying, but tonight was the first time I heard she had died. I also was flummoxed to see Dr. Charles had a 13 year- old daughter.

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't think I missed any episodes this season and I knew CeCe was dying, but tonight was the first time I heard she had died. I also was flummoxed to see Dr. Charles had a 13 year- old daughter.

I knew CeCe died, although IIRC, they just showed the aftermath.  I didn't know he had another ex-wife and kid though.  That seemed really random.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

They haven't but it seems as if they are still putting the cart before the horse. ( Re: wanting to have a baby so desperately.)

Ben and Maggie's wedding looked fun!

I was glad to see Dr. Charles’ younger daughter still existed. I thought she had been ret-conned out of existence. It’s been years since she has even been mentioned.

Nat was such a bitch to Crockett (he looked hawt!) at the wedding. He didn’t force April to do anything. And Ethan was an ass too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So I guess it's lucky this season got cut short because that means Ben lives to see another year....poor guy is so gonna die. Can't have happy couples of this show for long.

However, they are the only likeable couple on the show. So it's a pity his cards are marked.

April and Choi.....just stop forcing it FFS. There is nothing there, and doubling your medication is just painfully dumb. I'm not sure who writes this show, but I had to laugh out loud when the nurse burst through the door and told Choi 'come quick, April is sick' seriously?

Natalie must have had another TBI....no way that Natalie we know and loathe would ever defend the Mother of that child. This is the 'Doctor' who kidnapped a child, locked herself in a room and forcibly administered medication...I call bullshit.

Loved the wedding....except for the painful longing glances between those merry band of idiots & now they've sucked Marcel into that vortex. Sigh.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

April just couldn't keep her pie whole shut.  April wanted to give Choi a child due to her feelings of guilt over the kiss.  

Because that's a valid reason for bringing a child into the world. Just when we thought we couldn't get a more dysfunctional relationship than Manstead.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I loved Crockett shutting Natalie down.  He dodged a bullet with that one. Ethan really tried to fight someone who wasn't even willing to fight back.  Crockett didn't put a gun to April's head. The little twit kissed him out of nowhere.  April and Ethan so deserve each other. Crockett can do better than both April and Natalie.  Not to mention he looked hot in that suit.

Natalie didn't want to call DCFS for once, color me surprised.  Then the real Natalie came out at the reception.  She ruined her shot of getting a good  man.  Now she can sit there and watch Will be happy with his new girlfriend. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Thanks.  I didn't remember them getting married, so I wanted to be sure.  So that makes it more confusing as to why they're so hellbent on having a kid when they aren't even committed enough to get married.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Thanks.  I didn't remember them getting married, so I wanted to be sure.  So that makes it more confusing as to why they're so hellbent on having a kid when they aren't even committed enough to get married.  

Because they're idiots. I have a feeling that Crockett will  be the one to get April  pregnant 🤢

19 minutes ago, spunky said:

Because they're idiots. I have a feeling that Crockett will  be the one to get April  pregnant 🤢

That is within the realm of possibility. However, whomever does get her pregnant I hope we don't have to suffer watching her puking anymore. 

image.png

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

So that makes it more confusing as to why they're so hellbent on having a kid when they aren't even committed enough to get married.  

Maybe someone thinks that if they imitate Carol & Doug on ER, we will think this is a good show.  Hint: no.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, preeya said:

That is within the realm of possibility. However, whomever does get her pregnant I hope we don't have to suffer watching her puking anymore. 

image.png

Yeah that scene was a bit much. 

• Love 1

I do hope that the rumor isn't spread that Crockett tried to break up April and Ethan, when in fact it was April that kissed him, and he stopped her right then and there. Natalie, obviously listening to the rumor mill, said he he tried to hit on April. And all this because April couldn't act like the grown-up she is and come clean right away. Drama for the sake of drama.

And in any real life hospital, Ethan would have been suspended, possibly arrested, since there were cops around. You're at the workplace, in the ICU, and you deck a guy  for kissing your girl, when you don't have the clear story because you left when she was trying to explain what happened. Another reason I despise workplace romances in these shows. Too many times, the relationship drama is dragged into workplace.

Maybe it's good the season won't properly finish. I'm getting sick of the April-Ethan relationship. As others have said, why the push to have a baby before marriage?

• Love 7

As some of you may have read, DirectTV went dark for the last 15 minutes or the show.  I missed the wedding and evidently, Nat's snarky looks at Crockett.   I'll have to see if I can catch On Demand as it sounds like those were the most interesting moments in the show!

I have to agree with others; Crockett was NOT at fault with the kiss; it was all April.  I've said previously, I like Crockett's character but just unsure where the writers will take him - will he end up being unscrupulous or just a nice guy and great surgeon?  Also, agree - don't couple him with Nat or April IN.ANY.WAY!!!   

I thought it was just incredulously stupid for April to tell Choi at that moment about the kiss (I have no sympathy or empathy for her).  It wasn't dramatic; just asinine, imo.  They should have never been together in the first place.  To me, it's certainly been a detriment to Choi's character.

I remember Dr. Charles briefly mentioned a couple seasons ago about his wife and child (could have been around the time Robin joined the show); seemed odd to try to develop that storyline now.

Maggie & Ben - still the most bizarre relationship simply because they were chemo patients.  Maggie deserved better and yeah, Ben, nice guy, is going to die.

Halstead and (former) heroin addict doctor - oh Lord, looks like I'll have to suffer through this but somehow, I think he and Nat will eventually "return to each other's arms" - ugghh!

• Love 4

I spent yesterday with someone who has a borderline personality disorder. So. Much. Drama.  About everything. Caught up with the episode and realized who April reminded me of.

I did like the last scene where they were all bowling. If only there had been no longing glances between Crockett and April. This show has done some terribly bad relationships but that has the potential to be the worst.  They are going to destroy him as they did Rhodes and Choi.

How old is Charles' daughter? Old enough to vape, and still acts like she's 5.  The idea that she would freak out because her father was such a bad parent (!) that he would be put in jail is something for a much younger child.

When Oliver Platt Charles hurt his leg a couples of seasons ago, one of the episodes had a scene where his younger daughter wheeled him around and then she disappeared..

• Love 3

Wasn’t a terrible episode except:

-when April painfully admitted THE KISS and Choi reacted like they had sex for 6 weeks while he was gone, it felt so very 7th grade.

-I actually liked the spin on the MBP diagnosis that’s so overused on TV (I actually called what was going to happen) but it was ruined by NataNutBag deciding that the MBP was wrong because she spent 5 minutes with the Mom and of course she knew better, scowled the whole time because she wasn’t right, then gleefully beamed when Dr Charles went with PTSD because she WAS right, as she ALWAYS is.

I cannot stand NataLoonatic on that show. I can’t believe how her character can make such a beautiful person so ugly.

15 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I do hope that the rumor isn't spread that Crockett tried to break up April and Ethan, when in fact it was April that kissed him, and he stopped her right then and there. Natalie, obviously listening to the rumor mill, said he he tried to hit on April. And all this because April couldn't act like the grown-up she is and come clean right away. Drama for the sake of drama.

And in any real life hospital, Ethan would have been suspended, possibly arrested, since there were cops around. You're at the workplace, in the ICU, and you deck a guy  for kissing your girl, when you don't have the clear story because you left when she was trying to explain what happened. Another reason I despise workplace romances in these shows. Too many times, the relationship drama is dragged into workplace.

Maybe it's good the season won't properly finish. I'm getting sick of the April-Ethan relationship. As others have said, why the push to have a baby before marriage?

When did Choi “deck” anyone?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

I cannot stand NataLoonatic on that show. I can’t believe how her character can make such a beautiful person so ugly.

I agree, I also thought the green dress she wore to the wedding was stunning and the colour really suited her but all I could think was how awful a character she is. 

• Love 6

This show is awful. 

When April was puking, I was hoping she would die. Didn't she have TB? Or something? 

I need Natalie to be wrong. PTSD or not, that mom was still doing things harmful to her kid. I hope this thread is picked up again and that girl does come in severely injured. I wanted Goodwin to agree with the pediatrician. I think I may be done with this show after this season. I gave up PD awhile ago. I'll just watch Fire. 

Choi is an ass.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Court said:

I need Natalie to be wrong. PTSD or not, that mom was still doing things harmful to her kid. I hope this thread is picked up again and that girl does come in severely injured. I wanted Goodwin to agree with the pediatrician. I think I may be done with this show after this season. I gave up PD awhile ago. I'll just watch Fire.

Totally agree. She's always seems to be proven right about her patients. Dr. Strauss that abuse is suspected, and she says "I don't think so" and "I just don't get that sense with her" and Charles winds up proving her right with the PTSD. The only time she was ever wrong was about the abuse victim, and Crockett called her on it. She needs to eat some humble pie and accept when she's wrong. Even Will has been proven wrong on a number of occasions and he's had to accept that reality. But Natalie is never wrong. Her instincts and feelings never fail.

• Love 6

Welp, all this 100th episode really had to offer me was Dr. Abrams, to whom I say, "Please never change."  The blunt way he talked to Natalie (not critical of her, but adjacent to her, so that's good enough for me) and when he shook Dr. Charles' hand after Dr. Charles bowled a strike - I will take those little nuggets gratefully.  I'm so glad Dr. Abrams is not a regular character since they are written so poorly.

I just can't with Halstead and Asher.  Also, if Halstead had reported Asher without evidence and she denied it, I have to imagine that her hierarchy of bosses would then be paying very close attention to her.  And while Asher was attempting to cover up her addiction at work (and seemingly getting away with it around medical professionals - thanks, writers), I think she'd get busted pretty quickly after she was reported.  No way was she an addict who could really convince people she was sober during those long shifts, day after day.  Or that she could pass random drug tests.  (I'm not sure the hospital could require random drug tests based on an allegation, but I'd think so, given the nature of the work?)  The only way Asher could dodge the scrutiny is to quit or go on leave.  And it's so gross to me that Halstead is still getting personally involved with her.  Like he thinks that's a totally appropriate thing for a just-detoxed person to get into.  But he's such a compulsively good, ethical guy, right? ...

No comment on the eruption of the pointless love triangle and Natalie being Natalie.  Except for, when is psycho Philip coming back to take her away to Siberia, never to be heard from again? 

• Love 5

For someone with a "mild" case of whatever it was, April (or rather the actress) was the loudest and fakest screamer Chicago Med has ever had.

Having missed the opportunity to kill off Maggie, they let April live too.  Boo.  And why are all the female characters such humousless, sanctimonious know-it-alls?

• Love 4

I'm glad others remembered Dr Charles previously having a younger daughter. I was beginning to think they were just randomly giving him new ex wives and kids whenever they felt the need.

I loved the bowling scene. That was nice and fun. I wish the show was better written so that the bowling part wasn't the best thing I've seen from it in a while.

• Love 4

Why does every single wedding on TV have to take place in a hurry? Can TPTB really not think of any other wedding-related plotline or obstacles other than "this thing needs to take place in five minutes"?

Also, isn't April always acting the part of the medical expert, even contradicting the actual doctors? How stupid would she have to be, doubling up on her fertility treatment stuff? I'm no medical professional, and even I know that's not how medication works.

• Love 2