Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yea, I'm confused by when these missions will take place. Normally they're for the next week, but these two seem more like they will have to be accomplished tomorrow.

I hope A wins though because I can't deal with Derrick and/or Frankie as HOH again.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I'm confused by MISSION B ("Get two members of Team America to become Heads of Household this week by winning it and/or convincing others to throw it") for this week's challenge.  Do they mean Head of Household for this week, which begins tomorrow, or do they have a week to campaign?

If it is for this week, it would mean that Frankie would be ineligible and Donny and Derrick would have to campaign.  The chance to get Donny as HoH might be worth taking a chance that Derrick get it.

Well, there's two scenarios where two members of TAFY could "become Heads of Household this week":

1. The dual HOH twist continues. Only Derrick and Donny would be eligible to compete for HOH.

2. The dual HOH twist concludes, and a DE takes place Thursday. Frankie would be ineligible for the first HOH comp, but eligible for the second.

• Love 1

The voting ends tonight at midnight BBT so it's definitely for tomorrow.

Well, there's two scenarios where two members of TAFY could "become Heads of Household this week":

1. The dual HOH twist continues. Only Derrick and Donny would be eligible to compete for HOH.

2. The dual HOH twist concludes, and a DE takes place Thursday. Frankie would be ineligible for the first HOH comp, but eligible for the second.

Thanks!  Well, that is interesting.  Both options make it seem like TPTB want to seriously unbalance Derrdick and his ilk this week.

(edited)

There's really no chance it's DE. Julie always mentions it. Also, they aren't even on lockdown yet, so there's no way they'd have time to build for a DE. Or an endurance. It's gonna be a simple questions HOH based on those videos they showed them.

I was really hoping 2 HOHs/BOB would end this week. Ugh.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I'd definitely rather go for A, although I'm willing to bet they'll target Zach, once again, for this mission. The thing is, Mission A is so super vague from the description; it sounds like all they have to do is vote for Amber to stay, making it 3 votes instead of 1, and then just blame two random people and then they get their money. Do the houseguests have to believe it? 

But yeah, as much as I'd love Donny for HOH, I don't want Derrick as HOH again. I'd rather have someone who will work with Donny to get someone other than Jocasta and Victoria out. Someone like Zach, actually, although I even fear he may go for the easier targets because Frankie, Cody and Derrick tell him to.

If it is for this week, it would mean that Frankie would be ineligible and Donny and Derrick would have to campaign.  The chance to get Donny as HoH might be worth taking a chance that Derrick get it.

it sounds like all they have to do is vote for Amber to stay, making it 3 votes instead of 1, and then just blame two random people and then they get their money.

Crap!  I voted A.  I forgot Frankie was ineligible.  And they're just going to blame two people Derrick and Frankie want to target anyway,  That's what they do.  Provided Caleb doesn't vote for Amber to stay, the logical HGs to blame would be Caleb (out of guilt) and Zach (because he likes to stir up shit).  But they'll probably blame Victoria and one of Nicole/Christine.

But would anyone actually believe that Zach voted Amber to stay? He's been gung-ho about getting her out. I say blame it on Christine/Nicole.

That's the thing; they don't need to get anyone to believe it, according to the mission. They just have to publicly accuse two people of doing it. 

I wonder how much time they'll allow for the live vote? Will they waste time on b-roll or go right to the vote since everyone knows the outcome?! It should be an interesting live eviction.

Kudos to Amber for trying to keep her story private.

What IS Amber's story?

If I'd been Hayden last night, I'd have throttled his ass.

You and Zach both.

My interpretation? They were looking for crazy.

With Caleb I'd say they found it.

Oh, please let Nicole tell Caleb she was covering for Frankie!

Could someone explain please? I don't get the feeds.

Or will they suck it up and just accept a Summer Part II that's full on Homo-erotic and nothing else?

A homoerotic summer sounds just about perfect to me.

Considering where he is from, he might have been valedictorian and a college graduate......

He's from Kentucky, like me. Surely you're not suggesting Kentuckians are ignorant or, worse, stupid...are you? I hope not because that would make YOU, um, misinformed.

To top it off he was wearing Bunny Slippers and then that stupid Crown that Frankie has. It was just bad. Bad all around.

If I didn't know this is absolutely true, I'd say you made it all up.
  • Love 5

He's from Kentucky, like me. Surely you're not suggesting Kentuckians are ignorant or, worse, stupid...are you? I hope not because that would make YOU, um, misinformed.

I meant it as a joke, I'm sorry if it was offensive.

• Love 2

I meant it as a joke, I'm sorry if it was offensive.

Apology accepted. Kentucky is so often stereotyped as producing the ignorant, the stupid and the dullards and it just isn't true.

Until Caleb, that is.

All's well.

• Love 1

Apology accepted. Kentucky is so often stereotyped as producing the ignorant, the stupid and the dullards and it just isn't true.Until Caleb, that is.All's well.

Same for most Southern states. My job used to take me into upstate NY frequently, and they just luuuuuuuved my accent up there. I think many of the folks up there drew their perceptions of the South from old Beverly Hillbillies reruns. :)

• Love 5
(edited)

Seriously?!  Caleb's back on the pickle banana thing!

Joker's:

"When you came in here you hated me, but as you got to know me you found out that you really love me."

I'll bet that's news to her.

Edited by forgetmenow

Joker's:

"When you came in here you hated me, but as you got to know me you found out that you really love me."

To quote Jocasta: "Oh, Caleb...."

To quote my wife: "Well, bless his heart."

-------------

Wed 10:12 PM BBT Cal: "Amb in here is keeping her guard up. When we get out of the house we're going to exchange numbers and go on a date." NT - Squirrels

<rrrriiiing rrrrriiing>

"Ralph's Auto. What can I do for you today?"

"Uuuuuhhhhhh... is Amber there?"

"Amber? What, you looking for turn signal bulbs?"

<BANG>

• Love 3
(edited)

Well someone asked Amber if she had feelings for Caleb, and even though she has always said no to this, she started crying this time so Caleb is taking this as a sign she loves him. He was harassing Christine and then the detonators about this, and I honestly have no idea how they can take it anymore. At least I can turn it off...

I guess Caleb was singing a song and claimed to have written it, and now the real writer of the song is complaining about it on Twitter. Even Caleb's brother couldn't defend that one.

Edited by Morbs
(edited)

Could someone explain the pickle banana thing to me?

He hates pickles, she hates bananas, so he's going to somehow glue a pickle into a banana peel and rather than be horrified by the serial-killer-esque token of his terrifying affection, she will think to herself, "Wow, I can't judge a book by its cover."

I can't explain the thought progression or the mixed metaphor, unfortunately.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Love 4
(edited)

Joker's:

And they will be exchanging numbers, according to him.

Zach is really stepping up in the game department tonight. Frankie is playing scared, and if he can recognize Zach's strengths, they could really work together. At this point, though, he is just waiting to be picked off. I hate that. But he has to turn it around quickly before Derrick picks off any possibly allies until its just him and Zach, and then the couple will be broken up.

Im getting excited for the fact that it is time for most people to actually start playing the game! Derrick needs some competition, Frankie's floundering, Cody is sneaking off to Hayden, and Zach is coming into his own but has the stigma of his past behaviors.

Oh, and re: the nanickle, don't forget it will be glued together with toothpaste. A regular MacGyver.

eta hadn't refreshed my page, didn't realize that the phone number exchange had been addressed. Caleb would be that guy who calls your number right then to make sure you didn't give him a fake one. Ugh.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 2

Despite some of the weirdness and gameplay associated with it, I have to say - I'm really happy to see a group of men be comfortable with touching each other affectionally.  As a woman, I get to hug my friends all the time, and braid hair, or share a bed on vacation, or whatever, and no one thinks anything about it.  Hell, we share changing rooms in stores.  I think that men don't usually get to enjoy casual physicality with each other the way women do (societal expectations, need to be macho, homophobia, whatever).  Instead, so many men touch their friends only in less intimate and/ or more aggressive ways - noogies or high fives or whatever.  And I think it's nice to see men be able to enjoy touching their friends, and not be afraid of it. 

Zach, though - that's a different story.  I do not know what is up with that kid (tm Cody).  

• Love 9
(edited)

OH MY GOD - Caleb is doing the pickle in the banana right now!!  Zach is "helping", and dental floss is involved.  I cannot even.

eta: You guys - this is insane.  Caleb is now practicing his banana/ pickle speech.  Zach is laughing hysterically, but Frankie and Christine are, on the surface, taking him seriously, and they are encouraging him.  Caleb doesn't even seem to notice that Zach can't take him seriously.  This whole banana/ pickle thing might be my new favorite thing.

They are advising him on how to keep it fresh!!! "Tupperware, tinfoil, freezer"  I am dying.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4
(edited)

Despite some of the weirdness and gameplay associated with it, I have to say - I'm really happy to see a group of men be comfortable with touching each other affectionally.  As a woman, I get to hug my friends all the time, and braid hair, or share a bed on vacation, or whatever, and no one thinks anything about it.  Hell, we share changing rooms in stores.  I think that men don't usually get to enjoy casual physicality with each other the way women do (societal expectations, need to be macho, homophobia, whatever).  Instead, so many men touch their friends only in less intimate and/ or more aggressive ways - noogies or high fives or whatever.  And I think it's nice to see men be able to enjoy touching their friends, and not be afraid of it. 

Zach, though - that's a different story.  I do not know what is up with that kid (tm Cody).  

Uh-oh.  Hope you got the pocket change to pay the royalties for ripping off Cody's favorite 'guy label'.

He's really sold me on it.  So much so, I think the next time I see my dad, I'm gonna say "Hey, what's up kid?".  Or when discussing gramps with someone, "I can't believe that kid!".

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
(edited)

Has anyone noticed that Brittany's Twitter is @britt4skin? 

Ummmm...

I'm not really opposed to that. 

But then again, I'm a bit of a pervert [who thought Brittany was the hottest of the female HGs]; so that might explain my being OK with that handle.  I do have to say though, other than her legs, we never really got to see too much of this skin she's 4........

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
(edited)

I'm not really opposed to that. 

But then again, I'm a bit of a pervert [who thought Brittany was the hottest of the female HGs]; so that might explain my being OK with that handle.  I do have to say though, despite her legs, we never really got to see too much of this skin she's 4........

I think that's what she meant, but it sounds, uh, different to my ears.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Love 7

So much so, I think the next time I see my dad, I'm gonna say "Hey, what's up kid?"

Actually I remember that he calls his Dad, "Daddy-O!"    His Dad even signed the letter Cody got when he was HOH that way.

I can just see my Dad giving me the stink eye if starting calling him that. 

I think that's what she meant, but it sounds, uh, different to my ears.

I'm ashamed my perverse mind is not picking up what you're laying down here, but I don't think I am getting where you're going with it. 

.... unless, you are referring to something non-perverse, and my sick mind can't grasp it for that reason.  lol

My brother is a firefighter in NYC and the whole "calling other guys 'kid'" thing seems to be quite common around the firehouse. 

I'm not really trying to single anyone(s) out, its just the thought of calling someone of similar - or older - age "kid", just is a (newly established) personal pet-peeve.   But then again, I've never been one to stay on top of the latest & greatest 'modernly hip' fads as they come and go. 

(edited)

I'm ashamed my perverse mind is not picking up what you're laying down here, but I don't think I am getting where you're going with it. 

.... unless, you are referring to something non-perverse, and my sick mind can't grasp it for that reason.  lol

It's not so much perverse, just anatomical.

My brother is a firefighter in NYC and the whole "calling other guys 'kid'" thing seems to be quite common around the firehouse. 

I'm from NNJ, near where Cody's from, and I've heard it here and there for as long as I can remember.  I never thought of it as a regional thing, but it looks like it is.

Edited by forgetmenow
(edited)

No. More. Crooked. Hats.

And really, no more black socks with shorts.  Come on, guys - get it together.  You're on TV, for pete's sake!

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

OH MY GOD - Caleb is doing the pickle in the banana right now!!  Zach is "helping", and dental floss is involved.  I cannot even.

eta: You guys - this is insane.  Caleb is now practicing his banana/ pickle speech.  Zach is laughing hysterically, but Frankie and Christine are, on the surface, taking him seriously, and they are encouraging him.  Caleb doesn't even seem to notice that Zach can't take him seriously.  This whole banana/ pickle thing might be my new favorite thing.

They are advising him on how to keep it fresh!!! "Tupperware, tinfoil, freezer"  I am dying.  

I'm beginning to question whether or not Caleb is even a legit contestant. I think he's a plant! It's just too frightening and awful to consider the alternative.

I'm really sorry to blow up this forum, but currently Derrick is hiding in the HOH bathroom - he and Frankie were talking, and then Caleb came up, and so Derrick hid.  Frankie is running a bath to cover the noise, and he and Derrick are talking, and, presumably, Caleb is still sitting in the HOH room waiting for Frankie to come out of the bathroom.   Derrick is huddled in what I think is the toilet stall, but he and Frankie are talking.  It's been going on for several minutes.  I can't even really pay attention to what they're saying, because the situation is so ridiculous.

They did just say that "Donny can't go", so that's good!  And there is something suspicious about these ring pops...

I'm not really trying to single anyone(s) out, its just the thought of calling someone of similar - or older - age "kid", just is a (newly established) personal pet-peeve.   But then again, I've never been one to stay on top of the latest & greatest 'modernly hip' fads as they come and go. 

Oh yeah, I'm certainly not advocating for the use of the phrase, I was just noting that it seems to be used pretty regularly by certain groups of people (I'll  definitely admit that when my nearly 40-year-old brother tells me stories about the firehouse and it is "this kid ____" and "that kid ____," it IS kind of funny). 

(edited)

So TA's mission is to do the hinky vote thing, and Frankie and Derrick correctly deduce that we think they're boring and want to stir things up. Normally I'd see this as progress, but I'm willing to bet that they will decide that "stirring things up" means evicting Jocasta or Victoria next week.

Edited by Xazeal
  • Love 1

So TA's mission is to do the hinky vote thing, and Frankie and Derrick correctly deduce that we think they're boring and want to stir things up. Normally I'd see this as progress, but I'm willing to bet that they will decide that "stirring things up" means evicting Jocasta or Victoria next week.

It isn't even that their boring as all hell; its that they are so damned predictable in their sexist views.   "No Penis = No Game" & "No Balls = No Backbone"

If I were a contestant in that house, I would either try my hardest to start an All Girls+myself alliance or just DOR.  I respect the female gender too much to be able to put up with the 'gentleman's club' mentality these guys have.

• Love 3
(edited)

So how it stands is that Amber is supposed to be voted out  9-0, but with the TA task, the vote will then be 7-2 with Amber still going home.  I just wonder if the DR is working on any of the other HG's to throw Amber a pity vote.  The other's have already said that if Amber gets any votes at all it would most likely be from Christine or Caleb.  If that were to happen, the vote would stand at 5-4 with Amber still going home.  But TA seems to think that people would believe it if Zach were presented as a possible source of one of the hinky votes, on the theory that Zach loves to start trouble.  Then there's Nicole, who is taking her cues from Christine. 

Is it possible that the DR could force Donny and Derrick to vote for Amber, then manipulate Christine, Caleb, and one other HG into voting for Amber?  If these people don't tell anyone what they're up to beforehand, it could work.

The looks on everyone's faces as they realize that their carefully laid plans have just fallen apart would be a wonder to behold.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

Donny doesn't want to do the TA task, and he told Frankie and Derrick that he doesn't really want to be on TA. He sounded over it. When they heard that, Frankie and Derrick immediately decided Donny had to go. I thought the mission would cause some drama, but not like this!

Me neither...if I take on a fad or trend, its at least 6 months after everyone else is over it.  So I'm sure I'll be wearing flower caps to the side and nerd glasses I don't need while I go around calling everyone "kid" in about 6 months.

No. More. Crooked. Hats.

And really, no more black socks with shorts.  Come on, guys - get it together.  You're on TV, for pete's sake!

the minute they let guys wear those slide things, and crocs outside the house I realized that there are no more boundaries.  I cry for those boundaries now....

• Love 1

I'm kinda with Donny on this TA task. I guess I thought TA missions would be more prankish. Since "America" can't win the $500k, I think it's hinky to have TA tasks that possibly interefere with the natural play of the game when it comes to votes. Even last year's debacle of the 3rd nom, if the house voted differently so be it (if my memory serves me correctly).

I'm not down with this mission.

• Love 6

Donny doesn't want to do the TA task, and he told Frankie and Derrick that he doesn't really want to be on TA. He sounded over it. When they heard that, Frankie and Derrick immediately decided Donny had to go. I thought the mission would cause some drama, but not like this!

I was reading on Jokers, but it didn't seem like Donny actually quite.  He wasn't happy with the task (probably because he didn't want to vote for Amber when he'd promised his vote to Jocasta), and he felt that getting called to the DR in the middle of the night and then having to make plans in the HOH would be too obvious when Donny's known to go to bed before midnight and doesn't do the all night thing.  He also said that breaking into accusations at the elimination ceremony on live TV would be very unusual and the other HG's would start to suspect them.  Here's what Jokers had to say about it:

07/31/14 12:57 AM

Derrick is called to the Diary Room

07/31/14 01:20 AM

Derrick is out from the DR goes up to Frankie's HOH. Looks like he might have gotten the TA task. Frankie busy washing dishes.

Derrick telling Frankie about the Team America mission. America voted for option A with the hinky votes.

Derrick tells Frankie TA mission in HOH.  They need to vote against the house in the majority vote. And they need to publicly call out two house guests for voting the wrong way. It has to happen during the show, and all three of them need to participate. They don't know who they would pin it on. Caleb comes in., breaking up the convo.

07/31/14 01:34 AM

Derrick wakes up Donny in fire room. Donny jolts up and is shocked. Derrick tells he'll give Donny a couple of minutes to get ready because it's long.

Donny says to decline the mission, but Derrick says they could blame Caleb for flipping and trying to save Amber, and blame Zach

Derrick tells Frankie that Donny wants to decline the mission. Derrick looks at the cam and says "We are doing this."

Derrick to Frankie "We can publicly accuse them but we don't have to be malicious or mean about it."

Derrick: Dude, you can tell by TA tasks, they wanna stir it up. Frankie: We're boring. Derrick: We're basically saboteurs

07/31/14 01:53 AM

Donny comes out of the DR. He listens to Derrick's suggestion. Donny says 3 people in a row making a comment about the vote will raise a red flag because Donny says there are still smart ppl in the house and will figure out Donny, Derrick, Frankie are not what they seem to be.

Donny says he will do it if Derrick/Frankie want to do it, but he doesn't want them blaming it on him later on.

Donny goes to HOH room with Frankie/Derrick. Donny says the people in the house are not dummies. They see Donny go to HOH room at 2am and they might suspect something.

Donny said he didnt come across the country to mess up his game. Donny said saying something like that would be so out of character.

Donny: "These people know my schedule, they know what I'm gonna do, for me to blame someone is so out of character"

Derrick says Donny has valid points, and says to sleep on it, and bring a bottle down because Derrick said Donny had to take a bottle with him.

Derrick tells the camera that "You guys chose him" because Donny said earlier he really didn't want to be part of Team America.

Frankie says if Donny doesn't want to be part of Team America, then Donny has to be evicted now. Derr/Frank complain that they've been doing the work for Team America.

Frankie: "He's gotta go" ('He' referring to Donny) to Derrick after Donny refused to do TA mission and left HOH room.

Derr/Frank/Cody/Christine in HOH room talking about who to put up and evict. Frankie says if Victoria/Jocasta come off the block, put Donny up and Donny goes home.

Cody says he has a reason to put up Donny to not get any more blood on his hands.

07/31/14 04:14 AM

Derrick and Frankie in the BR agreeing that Donny's refusal of TA mission means he needs to go.

It sounds more like Derrick and Frankie have taken Donny's objections to this task to mean he won't do the task and wants off of TA, but I never actually heard (read) that Donny said those words.

If someone was actually watching, please confirm what was really said.  Thanks!

• Love 1

Donny's refusal makes sense to me for the reasons he stated, but I wonder if the fact that he was woken up in the middle of his sleep cycle made him less likely to be talked into something.  Derrick and Frankie (and the DR, if they told Derrick and Frankie to wake him) may have been better served waiting a few hours.  It's not like they'd have to wait very long, everyone knows he's always up by like 8AM.

I was just skimming updates on Joker's and it sounds like Frankie realizes that he doesn't have any tight allies other than Zach and is trying to rope in Christine and perhaps Donny and Hayden. Does anyone know what Christine is thinking? Does she trust Frankie at all? I'm guessing both Hayden and Donny think Frankie's full of it and would just play along but not sure about Christine.

Also saw that Derrick and Zach were talking about Cody and at least Zach saying that nobody should take him to the end. I don't think Derrick would disagree with this but did he admit that to Zach? Also seems like Zach wants to target Hayden soon and others might be on board with that.

Does anyone know how the conversations ended regarding getting Donny out? It seemed like pretty much everyone was on board with that but then saw something about Derrick and Frankie talking alone saying they can't get rid of him. Did you get the feeling that both Derrick and Frankie would try to keep him?

I'm still holding out hope that both Donny and Hayden would target the bros if given the opportunity so want them both to stick around. Hope that Hayden always saying he'd target Caleb if Joc/Vic were taken off the block is just a cover since Caleb appears to have zero influence in the game. Looking forward to more paranoia among the guys and some infighting.

Does anyone know how the conversations ended regarding getting Donny out? It seemed like pretty much everyone was on board with that but then saw something about Derrick and Frankie talking alone saying they can't get rid of him. Did you get the feeling that both Derrick and Frankie would try to keep him?

Derrick and Frankie already wanted to get rid of him, but held off cause of TA, now that Donny is saying he doesn't want to accept the newest mission, they want him out.

I was actually watching. Maybe someone else can go back and deliver the exact quote. Donny said something like he didn't ask for TA and he came to play as Donny Thompson, and Frankie and Derrick seized on it the second he left the room. TA is the only reason they have tolerated Donny this long. Derrick just didn't want to look bad for going after a member of TA. He takes it very seriously.

It's not even a difficult mission. I think Donny overreacted.

• Love 1