Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Masking for a Friend: Group A

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The White Tiger must have nine lives, he should have been booted the first week.  I can't believe he is still on the show after episode three.

That's part of the problem with the audience and judges not voting on actual talent.  Tiger's performance was TERRIBLE.  But, I guess they were entertained and that's what it comes down to. 

• Love 9

Even before the ridiculous elimination the show was nearly unwatchable. White Tiger can’t sing, Miss Monster wasn’t good and the Kangaroo bores me. 

It did cement my opinion that Turtle is Jesse McCartney. I’m still leaning strongly towards Jordyn Woods as the Kangaroo. 

I really hope the next group is better. 

The fact that white tiger is still in this after chaka khan and drew carey were outed is some kind of ridiculous. He's not even trying to sing, and the judges noted it ("you are trying all the notes, even the wrong ones"). He's just playing up his dance moves.  I would have loved to hear what Drew would do next.

• Love 11

I think there must be certain "deals" to get these people to come on the show - like you will only have to do a couple of shows (for the Drew's and Chaka Khan's) and then others where they tell them they are in it til the "end".      Lots of producer manipulation behind the scenes.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Sorry - not clear on this season's format. Will "winner" from each group eventually go up against each other?

There are 18 masks separated into three groups. Once it’s down to nine they will compete as one group. Next week is the first of three episode with group B. 

Well, there should now be no more question as to whether this show is completely fake and staged and with a preordained result. Some stars clearly only want to appear 2 or 3 times at most, so their contract specifies a quick exit. Other "performers" (Gronk, I'm looking at you!) have nothing better to do, so they agree to be in it until the finals. I mean, only a hard-core Patriots fan would have thought that display by the White Tiger was anything but excruciating.

Edited by Lily H
typo correction
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I like Robin. He is my favorite judge.

It’s obvious he knows what he’s doing since he’s pretty on par with the guesses. Him and Nicole are the only singers which makes sense why they are sometimes right. I don’t understand why the celebrity judge every week isn’t a singer as well. We already have the dumb theatrics of Ken and antivaxxer.

What a travesty that Chaka Khan is voted off while Gronk is still there. Even the crowd and judges seemed shocked. Idiots, all of them.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, andipandi said:

The fact that white tiger is still in this after chaka khan and drew carey were outed is some kind of ridiculous.

They are not even pretending that the show is a competition anymore. It's entirely scripted as to when participants are dismissed.  Should just rename the show "The Masked Clown"

• LOL 7

Kangaroo is not Lindsey Lohan.  It was stated in the clues that Kangaroo has a child. 

I watch this show, now, without getting annoyed at what order the performers go home.  I think we have figured out, since season 1, that some of the acts only want to be there for a certain amount of shows. 

I'm more interested in trying to figure who they are rather than when they leave. I have to add though, they could make it less obvious that this is going on.  I read some of the Twitter comments.  Many of them are pissed that Chaka Khan got sent home before Gronk - and they also refer to him as "Gronk".  I only want Gronk to go home because he's terrible and I don't enjoy the show when he mono talks through his song. 

• Love 5

Well at least we’ll have a reprieve from seeing White Tiger for six weeks, right?

Whats the best and worst possible songs for him to sing? Best I think would be “Just a Friend” since that’s supposed to be off key. Worst would be a love ballad of some sort. I’m morbidly curious as to how bad it could get. 

• Love 1

White Tiger was cringingly bad, but Miss Monster's performance wasn't that great, either.  That being said, I also wasn't that impressed by the Kangaroo. The Turtle is the best of this group by far. Here's hoping the next group is better...

I also would have liked to see what Drew would have done next.

• Love 8
On 2/13/2020 at 2:06 PM, galaxychaser said:

I like Robin. He is my favorite judge.

And he's managed to not seem so smarmy as he does normally. 

How the hell long is this going to last? If we have 6 more weeks of 2 groups and then god knows how many more weeks after that, this is going to last until June. We're going to see Gronk on Dancing with the Stars after this, aren't we? He's horrible, but I'll give him this, he's gung ho and seems to be enjoying himself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I haven't followed all the threads but has anyone commented on how much the Tiger's foice modulation sounds almost exactly like Jesse Ventura's normal voice? It is uncanny.

All in all, group A has been a snore.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

I haven't followed all the threads but has anyone commented on how much the Tiger's foice modulation sounds almost exactly like Jesse Ventura's normal voice? It is uncanny.

All in all, group A has been a snore.

I thought he was Hulk Hogan in the very beginning.  That's who he sounded like to me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

How the hell long is this going to last? If we have 6 more weeks of 2 groups and then god knows how many more weeks after that, this is going to last until June. 

There are 11 episodes left. 

I think it's terrible that Miss Monster went home before White Tiger, but I also kind of get it. She didn't sound good on "You Don't Own Me" and she's not entertaining when she doesn't sound good. White Tiger is horrible, but he is high energy and puts on a good show. Also, he's clever about working around his inability to sing. "We Will Rock You" is a fun experience for the audience.

Since it's a vote for rather than vote against show, I can see more audience members voting for White Tiger on the basis of how much fun they had. 

I imagine the majority of votes went to Turtle or Kangaroo, so the amount of votes that makes a difference at the bottom is probably pretty small.

I thought Chaka Khan did well on the refrain, but the verses were bad.  Not in tune, too slow, and way too low for her register.

However, White Tiger is just sooo bad.  At least Dr. Drew and Tommy Chong, sang.  Yeah, they were bad, but they attempted it.

20 hours ago, roamyn said:

I thought Chaka Khan did well on the refrain, but the verses were bad.  Not in tune, too slow, and way too low for her register.

However, White Tiger is just sooo bad.  At least Dr. Drew and Tommy Chong, sang.  Yeah, they were bad, but they attempted it.

Not Chaka Khan's best but still better than White Tiger.  He wasn't even entertaining just embarrassing.  Drew Carey was also better than him.

• Love 5

Everyone in my office, including me, thinks that the kangaroo costume is the worst one ever featured.  That weird pouch needs something in it and the fanny pack has got to go.  Then, the folds on the sides of the eyes are weird too.  I usually love the costumes on this show, but they dropped the ball with this one.  The costume is so bad, it makes me dislike the singer. 

They need to pay Jamie Fox a billion dollars and get him back on the show. He’s so entertaining the rest of the show doesn’t even matter.  This episode...yawn.  The judges are fine but they aren’t entertaining, so when the performances suck there’s nothing for the show to work with.

i do think that the turtle is Nick Lachey. I don’t even know what clue set me off, there must have been something that reminded me of the Sing Off (which he hosted)