Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E01: Greatest of the Greats LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Twenty previous winners of Survivor begin their battle for $2 million with a classic challenge to ring in their first immunity win. An all-new twist involving fire tokens is revealed.

This year only, to celebrate the return of twenty winners, we'll have a live chat for the premiere as well as the finale.  The thread will open at 8pm EST and close as soon as the episode is over. 

• Love 3

Yay it’s here and I’m so glad we’re live. I’m soooo ready for this and I’ve prayed really hard to the Survivor gods that this season is going to bring it considering I barely watched 1/4 of the last 2 seasons before being turned off.  I hope these Greats prove their Greatness in their game play and I don’t have a whole season of each of them pontificating about how Great they are and why even though it’s been x years since they last won, they are going to win because their Survivor dick is bigger than everyone else’s. And this time, I don’t actually mind the EoE concept, because they’re all proven winners and earned a come back and this keeps them all in the game till the end. So nostalgic, got goose bumps already 😁

• Love 5

Probst decides to date Yul's season by saying the Iphone didn't exist when he first played.

He goes further by telling Amber that not only did she not have an Iphone in her era, but also Itunes (those are the best examples you can come up with Probst?)

• LOL 5
5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

What's the over/under on Rob voting Ambuh out? Or vice verse?

You know Probst is foaming at the mouth to retire "she voted out her mom!" to "s/he voted out her/his husband/wife!"

I kind of wish they had done a male/female split because I feel like the women would have kicked the men's asses.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
Just now, wallflower75 said:

So I missed an entire season because of school commitments, but my Wednesdays are free now and here I am!!  Despite the return of Edge of Extinction, I'm looking forward to this season!!

I've missed several season, what's this?

Just now, Daisy said:

I've missed several season, what's this?

Basically, even though a person is voted out of the game, they're not truly gone.  The people voted out go live on an island (Extinction Island) until they get a chance to return to the game.  They came up with this one two seasons ago.

• Love 1

Sandra's very emotional (but knowing her MO, i know she wants time to get her hooks into people, because being the only 2 time winner i bet she feels very vulnerable). 

Just now, wallflower75 said:

Basically, even though a person is voted out of the game, they're not truly gone.  The people voted out go live on an island (Extinction Island) until they get a chance to return to the game.  They came up with this one two seasons ago.

so like redemption island- but different. 
ugh. i hate that. 

• Love 2

Rob has that look on his face that he ain't gonna be able to convince someone on the other tribe to save Amber this time (or to save him).  He seems like the most obvious boot from his tribe.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Rob has that look on his face that he ain't gonna be able to convince someone on the other tribe to save Amber this time.  

LOL right? 
(and i still can't believe 20 years later that still happened). 

• Love 5
Just now, Daisy said:

LOL right? 
(and i still can't believe 20 years later that still happened). 

Sixteen, actually.

I feel like an asshole for not knowing most of the women. I think that the show’s bias towards males distracts me that much.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rob's face looks like he knows he's in danger of going first. 

Dear Survivor Gods,

Please let this happen.  Please???  (Again, not that he'll actually be gone with the Extinction Island thing, but still.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rob's face looks like he knows he's in danger of going first. 

I can't imagine Rob wasn't aware of this from the moment he agreed to be on this season. Every season Rob returned after All Stars, he had a giant ass target on his back. Nothing new there.

• Love 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

The blue tribe that lost doesn't have many of my favorites on it, so I'm glad they lost.

I'll be even happier if I hear Probst say "Adam, the tribe has spoken".

If Dani was on Sandra's tribe that would have been pitch perfect for me

if this team was smart, Rob is gone.

Just now, Lantern7 said:

Sixteen, actually.

I feel like an asshole for not knowing most of the women. I think that the show’s bias towards males distracts me that much.

LOL okay good i don't feel that old. ;0
and don't. I don't know a good chunk of the women either. I don't remember chicky in the yellow for example. 

• Love 1