Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E01: Greatest of the Greats LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

I'm curious to know where people are drawing the line between who is "old school" and who is "new school."  Where would we put it?  Before there were ever idols?  Before Survivor went idol-crazy?

I think it depends who you ask.  There was a poster here (sorry, can't remember who), who did a really nice break down of the different phases of the series.  Like idols, when characters became more prominent, etc, to see how the game evolved.  For me personally, old school is more the pre-HvsV (season 20) seasons.  Some people might have a different opinion.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I genuinely am torn about Ben. I don't know whether I'm so frustrated by his stupidity that I want him out ASAP so I don't have to deal with him...or if I'm amused by his stupidity and don't mind him sticking around if he'll continue to make me laugh.

I'm not.  He can go any time  🙂 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

It seems like it's before they all went idol crazy. Since I think Rob/Parvati did initially include Danni in their old school alliance (although left her out of their three with Ethan). 

My guess is that they probably draw the line just after HvV. 

I don't blame them. to be dead honest. that's where i'd probably draw the line too (minus Kim or something). 

3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Well now there is the Stupid alliance of Ben, Adam, Michelle and someone else.

This is my worst nightmare come true.  Adam, Ben, Michele, Denise running things?  Or rather, just having the numbers, because they wouldn't be running anything.  Jeremy is okay, but a huge no to the rest.

• Love 1

“For the cost of one fire token, you can help a player get back in the game.”

Seriously, why is the idol so goofy-looking?

”Sandra, take a spot on the benc. . . I forgot. Take a spot on the plush throne. Russell will be your footstool.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm actually laughing at Ben, because it seems like this is a lot harder than the last time. 

I don't know if I want blue tribe to lose and risk Adam/Ben/Michele/Denise getting what they want, or the other tribe to lose.  Amber seems like an obvious boot, but I'm worried about Yul.

• Love 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I don't know if I want blue tribe to lose and risk Adam/Ben/Michele/Denise getting what they want, or the other tribe to lose.  Amber seems like an obvious boot, but I'm worried about Yul.

I'm more worried about Yul than the potential in New School Blue running the tribe. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

I wonder if Boston Rob is throwing the challenge so Amber will be safe.

Doesn't look like it to me. Because in fact, it looks like he's working his ass off to keep them in this shit. So I think their tribe just sucks.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And...red tribe goes to Tribal.

How are you watching? I think you’re about thirty seconds ahead of me.

Amber is in danger. Meanwhile, Lex pitches the biggest tent in his pants.

Edited by Lantern7
Just now, wallflower75 said:

I may not care for him, but I gotta give props to Boston Rob for that win.  He literally willed the team to it.

This. Dude literally threw half the damn tribe over that log roll. And kudos to Jeremy coming through with the ring toss. 

• Love 7

This is why Rob stays and stays and stays, because he is a master at challenges.  And I was rooting for him, and immediately felt guilty for rooting against Yul.

It would just be a lot easier for me if they were on the same damn tribe.

• Love 6

So . . . who does Natalie offer the idol to?

2 minutes ago, cleo said:

Rob may have dad bod but he did more than Jeremy in that challenge. I thought he might phone it in a little but nope.

We really need to get him and CT together.

I noticed when they were jumping off the platform into the water, most of the women looked like they're in good physical shape.  The men, though, are mostly divided between squishy and bony.

• Love 2