Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E01: Greatest of the Greats LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, LadyChatts said:

So Ben tells Rob that his name is being thrown out, yet is reluctant to tell him who. 

My favorite part was his "I can't remember who it was" when trying to dodge the answer. I'm sorry that whole sequence was hilarious. Rob literally just says hello to Ben and he starts word vomiting everything. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I don’t hate Ben. Am I naive to think he wasn’t handed the win by the show itself? That said, some people looked at then-and-now pictures of him, noting he looked heavier back then. My thought: “Well, yeah, when you pry Probst from his jock, he’s gonna be lighter.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay I will fully admit my Suvivordex turned off somewhere around Tony's season so i can't recall a lot of people.

Adam... he's the one whose mom died right? 

Ben. BIG blank. is he the one who screwed someone over at the survivor auction?

Chicky in the Yellow. BIIIIG BLANK.

also. i have to say. the fact all these people are here and there's no Earl or Hatch makes me sad

3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know how your out there among winners either, Ben. 

Oh don't get me started on that.

But yeah, I have little doubt he's in over his head here. 

• Love 3

At this point I hope Ben, Adam, Michele, or Denise go (she'd be my last choice of the 4, but I'd rather see her go than Danni, Natalie, or Parvati).  Hell, I want Rob to stick around.

So far I've seen nothing of Natalie or Michele from that tribe, compared to everyone else.  Good sign that they are sticking around?

Seriously, don't let it be Danni.

• Love 3

So now Ben is telling Adam that his name is throwing his name out.  Because he knows the game.   

Ben, your an idiot.  Adam got a little testy at that news.

And now Natalie's name is being thrown out.

Edited by LadyChatts

Ben... *sighs* Adam knows the game....SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE PLAYING, DUMBASS.

Now, I genuinely like Adam. I don't want Adam to go. But Ben is so stupid, I can't even. 

If he's not voted out by the end of tonight, I don't know what I'd do.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Ben, the one who they changed the rules for in the finale so he could win. That Ben.

• Love 1
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

Now here's my thought - why isn't anyone putting out Ben's name? This fool keeps running his mouth and telling everyone everything. 

Because that can be useful for a few tribals. Use the idiot for their own game, and then they could probably dump him by merge, or right before. Though I don't know how well he does at challenges...

• Love 2

No one's even been voted off yet and I'm already in a rage at Ben.  HOW did he win the first time?  Probst could ask him how it's going and he's going to spill everything.

So Natalie, Jeremy, Rob, Adam, and Denise are names being thrown out there.  Parvati thinks something else might be going on.  We'll find out soon!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Okay I will fully admit my Suvivordex turned off somewhere around Tony's season so i can't recall a lot of people.

also. i have to say. the fact all these people are here and there's no Earl or Hatch makes me sad

Adam--yes, he's the one whose mother died.

Ben--veteran with PTSD.  While yes, I do feel for him because of that, he was basically handed a win by the producers (he was the first person who benefitted from the "fire making challenge" to make it to the final 3).

I missed who's in yellow.  And while I can do without Hatch, I miss Earl, too.

• Love 4

If these are champions, how come so many of them have played against each other? I saw the first 3 Rob and Amber were on, so understand that, but some of these people are fairly new.  I don't remember Parvati being all that much of a power player. The season I remember she seemed to just coast thru and win by default

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Parvati is so right. Why are these people not even considering Rob or Parvati? The only one who seemed to voice it was Danni. Like...c'mon, people.

And she might have gotten away with it too if not for the star struck Ben.  I can understand the logic in keeping Rob and Parvati around, as they are big targets.  At the same time, why risk letting them get too deep into the game?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Ben, the one who they changed the rules for in the finale so he could win. That Ben.

Is that an open secret? I’m not in love with the guy, but I figure the firemaking challenge was geared towards saving a (*koff*male*koff*) power player. And that happened to be Ben.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

... OMG wait. 
This is the dumbass who won because Chrissy got that bogus "advantage"? 

• Love 2

I think the logic behind the fire making challenge (per Probst) was to make it less easy for good players to get voted off at the final 4, and two goats get dragged to the final 3 and make it an easy win for the 3rd person.

Whether you think it's worked or not is up to you.  Me?  It's obvious why it's there, and no, it hasn't worked the way it allegedly was supposed to.

• Useful 1

Ben has immediately spilled all twice. He is useless and kind of dumb but too dumb to be used....I would vote him out then Adam. I wasn't impressed with Adam's win.

This is one season where I would like to see the best against the best.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

And she might have gotten away with it too if not for the star struck Ben.  I can understand the logic in keeping Rob and Parvati around, as they are big targets.  At the same time, why risk letting them get too deep into the game?

The logical play is to get rid of one, keep the other until the merge, and then work to get them out ASAP. 

Logically, get Rob out before merge and then hope that you can get Parvati out after. But she's always made it very far in all of her seasons so...she's a dangerous player to keep around. But, on the other hand, Rob has Amber.

Either way, you should be getting one of them out first, not keep them both in the game.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Adam--yes, he's the one whose mother died.

Ben--veteran with PTSD.  While yes, I do feel for him because of that, he was basically handed a win by the producers (he was the first person who benefitted from the "fire making challenge" to make it to the final 3).

I missed who's in yellow.  And while I can do without Hatch, I miss Earl, too.

LOL Not to say i am total "team Hatch" or something, but it's just kinda weird that you have all these survivor winners, and you don't have the very first one. (no Tina either). but you've got Ethan and that works. 

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm pretty sure it was Mike who screwed people over at the Survivor auction.

• Love 3

So I guess two people are getting voted off tonight.

Seriously, Ben or Adam.  Let it be one of them.  How Ben thinks Adam is good at this game is beyond me.  He cried for a win.  He was up against unstable Ken and nerd girl Hannah.  

I do feel slightly vindicated that Ben has gotten a crap edit so far.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I think the logic behind the fire making challenge (per Probst) was to make it less easy for good players to get voted off at the final 4, and two goats get dragged to the final 3 and make it an easy win for the 3rd person.

Whether you think it's worked or not is up to you.  Me?  It's obvious why it's there, and no, it hasn't worked the way it allegedly was supposed to.

to which i would say - go back to final 2. sure you have a goat but two is more likely i think. 

• Love 1