Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three Live Discussion Thread

• Start Topic

This is where you can discuss The Masked Singer while watching it live.  This thread will be unlocked when the show begins on the East Coast and locked again until the next episode when it ends on the West Coast*.  Please keep in mind that if you venture into this discussion before your local airing, you may be spoiled.

* Because the first episode will be shown after the Super Bowl and we do not have exact time, this thread will be manually unlocked for the first episode.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

"Nine Superbowls" could mean halftime shows, too, for the record.

Oooh, doing something different with the voice. I like it.

"Get in the ring and smash the competition"? A wrestler, maybe?

Hubby said wrestler too.

1 minute ago, NotChristine said:

That's Rob Gronkowski's speaking voice for sure.

He’s my guess. Husband saw the “four score and seven years” sign and Gronks NFL number was 87. Plus, the clams is a reference to New England and he played for Patriots. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, NotChristine said:

That's Rob Gronkowski's speaking voice for sure.

And they were supposed to be making the clues HARDER.  10 seconds into "rapping" Twitter is saying "Yeah, it's Gronk." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, NotChristine said:

Turtle's voice reminds me of Jesse McCartney

For once, the Bunny would be right that her better half may know him: he did open for NKOTB in 2009.  Why?  I still have no idea and I skipped his set. 

• Love 1
Just now, The Crazed Spruce said:

Just throwing this out there, The Llama is probably a DJ. I'm guessing Danny Bonaduce.

That is pinging really hard for me too.  Once I saw DJ and felt he was more of a comedy type, he was the first that came to mind. 

7 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Calling it now, Ms. Monster is Missy Elliott.

I thought the same thing. ETA: I was wrong about the album name, but stick with my guess. Missy has a new track where she sings and raps. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, NotChristine said:

I think it's Lil Wayne (rapper).

The skateboard and video game controller really sealed the deal on that. It would not surprise me if T Pain suggested him for the show. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Trying to think of a relatively young female singer that suffered a tragedy in the past year. The closest one I can think of off-hand is Melissa Benoist. The "superhero" comment might have sent me down the wrong path, though.

That makes sense though...and MB can sing...

Just now, Lorna Mae said:

Why never mind? I was thinking Bindi too.

Because she could actually sing. With an American accent.

Just now, mtlchick said:

How the hell did Gronk survived the first cut? 

The Robot was just slightly worse.

17 minutes ago, NotChristine said:

I think it's Lil Wayne (rapper).

Shoutout to you. 🙂

• Love 2

"Working on my craft...." 

So Gronk is going to "rap" all the way through.  But Robin is here with the puns.  "You could have muted the song and it still would have been entertaining."  It's how I feel when I watch Idol.

• Love 4