Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three Live Discussion Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

Serious question:  The show is called the Masked Singer.  On how many episodes has The Frog actually sung?  All I recall is rapping. 

Edited by Babalooie
Added content.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Aw, Barry Zito. Rhino probably should have gone home weeks ago, but he had my favorite costume, and is probably the only person I actually cared about (and one of the few I actually recognized...), so I'm glad he lasted as long as he did.

• Love 3

Night Angel has to be Kandi Burress!   Gosh, her voice is so similar, so I'm going with that.  I don't have a clue about the Turtle or Frog, but they are both talented.  I hope Night Angel wins!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I think Night Angel might be one of the members of TLC. 

Unfortunately, I agree with Jenny and it's Kandi Burris.  Not unfortunatley that it's Kandi, but that I agree with Jenny.   The voice sounds like her and the clues point to her.

35 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Unfortunately, I agree with Jenny and it's Kandi Burris.  Not unfortunatley that it's Kandi, but that I agree with Jenny.   The voice sounds like her and the clues point to her.

You may be right.  I have no idea who Kandi Burris is, so, I can't argue with anyone who knows anything about her. 

• Love 1

After all this, I STILL don't know who the hell she is.  I've heard of Xscape, but I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a line up.  And I never watched a single episode of ANY Housewives series.  She's ok, but enough to beat Turtle.

Since this is pretty much the only Fox show that is supposed to have new episodes in the fall most of their current series getting pushed to 2021, the debate begins on how this will work.  Remote singing? No audience (which I'll be MORE than ok with)? Lots to ponder. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

It felt like they wanted a female winner this year. I think Kandi is a good singer, but felt she was out performed by Turtle and Frog. 

I agree.  I had the same thought.  I think they wanted a woman to win.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Night Angel's biggest competition in the finale was the Turtle. Frog's a great performer with his dance moves and such, but the show is the Masked SINGER, not Masked Performer. Frog basically rapped his way through the competition.

I'm glad a female won this year. 3 male winners in a row when there are equally as good if not better female performers in the bunch would be a terrible look. 

I'd be happy if the show goes without an audience for upcoming season 4 - should it still premiere in the Fall. Then it can be judges vote - at least it'd keep the foolery like Gronk's spoken word from getting through week after agonizing week. The audience is grating with the dumb producer-driven "dance" moves for each character, and I'd rather the camera be on the performers and judges than continuous cuts to the audience reactions. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Since this is pretty much the only Fox show that is supposed to have new episodes in the fall most of their current series getting pushed to 2021, the debate begins on how this will work.  Remote singing? No audience (which I'll be MORE than ok with)?

Masks worn even under the masks?

• LOL 2

Does the audience really do the voting on who goes?

That being said I hate the audience with their dancing and faces they make.

I never heard of her but what bothers me is that actual singers got voted out pretty early, I.e. Bret Michaels.  Jesse and Bow Wow are good singers and yet they didn't win.  Wha?

See:  Another reason to hate the stupid audience.

Jenny was definitely fed those answers.  Ken was actually right twice.  He was probably fed too so he doesn't look too stupid.

• Love 7

32 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Since this is pretty much the only Fox show that is supposed to have new episodes in the fall most of their current series getting pushed to 2021, the debate begins on how this will work.  Remote singing? No audience (which I'll be MORE than ok with)? Lots to ponder. 

Send each contestant a green screen background to set up at home and a black mocap bodysuit with the ping pong balls on them. Apply the costume using CGI. 

Kandi Burruss is actually more known for her songwriting vs. her musical career. I don’t follow music closely (and binged watched all three seasons of this show in the past month - and found it enjoyable and good family fun). I do know Kandi from Real Housewives of Atlanta.

I disagree that Kandi won because she was female. I think all three were beyond amazing but for me her last few performances were on par with the other finalists.

Such huge stars were knocked out early on- it is a fascinating show since It wasn’t just about singing; it was also about performance, personality, costume and tugging at your heart strings. Also, we don’t know who is in that studio audience - I don’t disagree that some of the decisions during the season were surprising.

The costumes were amazing and it would be great if they highlighted the amazing artists who designed the costumes.

• Love 4

Wow, the canned audience screaming and laughter is suuuuuper annoying.

And I have no theories yet except that Jellyfish could be Kimberly Williams-Paisley or Janeane Garofalo based only the fact they were in a movie called Coldblooded in 1995.

ETA: Could the Snow Owls be Chip and Joanna Gaines?

Edited by Lilac2000