Type keyword(s) to search

RHoSLC in the Media: So Salty!

• Start Topic

I was in Park City last week and came upon Meredith Marks' store.

In a word:  Meh.

Not sure how it actually could make any money, TBH.

I was with 3 other girlfriends, and not one even wanted to go in with me, so they waited outside.

There were 2 other customers in the store, and both remarked at how expensive things were for what they were.  Both walked out without buying.

It's a very narrow store, possibly the narrowest on the main Park City Street.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

I was in Park City last week and came upon Meredith Marks' store.

In a word:  Meh.

Not sure how it actually could make any money, TBH.

I was with 3 other girlfriends, and not one even wanted to go in with me, so they waited outside.

There were 2 other customers in the store, and both remarked at how expensive things were for what they were.  Both walked out without buying.

It's a very narrow store, possibly the narrowest on the main Park City Street.

I was in Park City in January. I saw her store in Main St., but we were out for dinner, and it had already closed (it closes at 7pm). I doubt I would convince anybody to go inside if it were open. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Lisa Barlow, the self-proclaimed “Queen of Sundance” and a cast member of “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City,” has claimed she does not owe a former business partner, and former friend more than $400,000 — and even if she did, it’s too late to sue for it because the statute of limitations for verbal agreements is four years in Utah.

Attorneys for Barlow last month filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed against her and her two businesses, Vida Tequila and Luxe Marketing. The suit, filed in June by Bart Carlson and his building company Yukon Construction, claims Barlow owes Carlson $410,842.36 for money he loaned from 2010 to 2018.

Carlson has concocted a fanciful tale in which he purports to have bankrolled Barlow and her companies with an open line of credit that had no terms or conditions and no repayment date,” the motion to dismiss says.

Carlson’s complaint claims Barlow first asked him for money in 2010 because she was “experiencing severe financial difficulties” and needed help covering personal and business expenses. Carlson agreed to help, the complaint alleges, and loaned personal and company money on “flexible terms” to Barlow, her two companies and an attorney on her behalf.

Carlson also opened an American Express credit card in Barlow’s name, the complaint claims, so that he could “more precisely track the expenses Barlow and Vida Tequila incurred.” Carlson paid off $119,585 on that card from 2011 to 2018, according to the complaint.

He did not specify a time by which Barlow needed to pay him back, the complaint claims, “because of his longtime friendship with Barlow and her family.”

However, Barlow’s attorney’s argued, Carlson failed to provide any proof of such an agreement. His evidence — a series of texts from 2019 to 2022, in which Carlson inquires about the debts and Barlow seemingly acknowledges them — do not prove any sort of enforceable contract, the motion to dismiss claims.

“I pay my bills and obligations and I always have,” she said in a statement in June. “Bart has no interest in Luxe Marketing or Vida Tequila and did not invest in either business. I look forward to the truth coming out and I intend to hold Bart fully accountable for any damage this personal attack may cause me or my business.”

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2024/08/09/real-housewives-salt-lake-citys/

The bolding is mine.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2

It's interesting that Barlow does not claim that this guy didn't give her money. Instead her attorney says "he didn't invest" etc. Also interesting that the plaintiff claims Barlow was in severe financial distress in 2010, which reminds us of all the housewives who pretend to be something they are not. Sounds like he gave her money/credit and she didn't bother to pay it back.

• Like 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

It's interesting that Barlow does not claim that this guy didn't give her money. Instead her attorney says "he didn't invest" etc. Also interesting that the plaintiff claims Barlow was in severe financial distress in 2010, which reminds us of all the housewives who pretend to be something they are not. Sounds like he gave her money/credit and she didn't bother to pay it back.

She acknowledged the debt in emails/text messages, but they didn’t have a written agreement. She didn't repay the debt, and she was most probably using excuses until he couldn't sue due to the statute of limitations. Her attorneys said it was too late to sue!

The Barlows were in financial trouble for many years. It seems that the borrowing stopped at around the time Lisa joined the show, and she could promote her businesses on top of the Bravo salary. It's also questionable why this "friend" did it without any written agreements. 

13 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I wonder if Jazz tickets were involved?

I wonder if that "friend" was a boyfriend/affair. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2

Much as I enjoy the scenery, I don’t know if I am willing to come back to a show that hasn’t reconciled its role in the character that is currently serving prison time and is still dealing with another grifter who is clearly operating under the radar.

• Like 4

I'll be back because I have trouble leaving a show I've started, but the gleeful smug in all of them as they introduce the trailer tells me that their explosive emotions are nothing but a load of crap.  I guess I'll continue to enjoy Lisa, be irritated by Heather, and despise Meredith and Mary 😃

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 8/15/2024 at 1:56 AM, ZettaK said:

Lisa Barlow, the self-proclaimed “Queen of Sundance” and a cast member of “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City,” has claimed she does not owe a former business partner, and former friend more than $400,000 — and even if she did, it’s too late to sue for it because the statute of limitations for verbal agreements is four years in Utah.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2024/08/09/real-housewives-salt-lake-citys/

The bolding is mine.

She’s so gross.  I didn’t do anything but even if I did too bad!  What a horrible person.

The season doesn’t look very good.  I was bored by the trailer.

• Like 3

I will watch because I can't help myself. 

Mary Crosby is a HW again....

Welcome back to full time HW status, you grandpa-marrying crazy-eyed cult leader.

• LOL 10

Watched Dana Wilkey's podcast on youtube last night with Monica.  Apparently Shed Media (under another production group) asked Dana if they could license the podcast about Whitney's jewelry line being from Alibaba and worth pennies, even using the stock photos from Alibaba on her site.  They didn't want to pay her, just show her podcast name so she said no.  Dana said she found out about Whit's jewelry from another HW but wouldn't say who.  It was also mentioned that Whit's skincare line was an MLM.  For those interested, Monica is also doing podcasts with Up and Adam!.  

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Watched Dana Wilkey's podcast on youtube last night with Monica.  Apparently Shed Media (under another production group) asked Dana if they could license the podcast about Whitney's jewelry line being from Alibaba and worth pennies, even using the stock photos from Alibaba on her site.  They didn't want to pay her, just show her podcast name so she said no.  Dana said she found out about Whit's jewelry from another HW but wouldn't say who.  It was also mentioned that Whit's skincare line was an MLM.  For those interested, Monica is also doing podcasts with Up and Adam!.  

Gee, Whitney's jewelry line is junk and her skin care is an MLM, who'd a thunk it? LOL.

• LOL 7
On 8/28/2024 at 2:47 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Gee, Whitney's jewelry line is junk and her skin care is an MLM, who'd a thunk it? LOL.

Bravo is airing reruns the last couple of days, and Whitney was so proud of her "career", and "achievements". 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Screenshot_20240904_020352_Instagram.jpg

She wears a lot of haute couture. Her husband looks really old compared to her.  Some of her outfits on the show are more daring according to the season trailer.

Screenshot_20240904_015806_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)

In the nutty couture department anyone sharing space with Mary Cosby is doomed to lose.

Mary's nuttiness comes from down within the dark depths of her very soul.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 6

I know the season starts soon but if you need a Mormon -ish housewives fix and have Hulu, check out The Secret Life’s of Mormon Wives. Google momtok first. These women are younger versions of SLC and just as trashy. 

• Like 5
On 9/9/2024 at 10:30 PM, Straycat80 said:

I know the season starts soon but if you need a Mormon -ish housewives fix and have Hulu, check out The Secret Life’s of Mormon Wives. Google momtok first. These women are younger versions of SLC and just as trashy. 

Just binged that this week.  They’re all young, thin, sex-obsessed, have the same hairstyle, get Botox and lip fillers in their 20s, it’s crazy how young they are, yet so reality tv savvy. They have all the standard lines and ‘you guys need to talk’ ’I’m just being honest’ moves down pat. Still, was an interesting watch and I’ll watch season 2, for sure. And it was cute how they got so excited about a soda bar (since Mormons don’t drink.)

sorry, off topic. 

so glad Monica is gone. She was a major buzzkill. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

they got so excited about a soda bar

About that, Dr. Pepper and Coke, etc...full of caffeine and I thought that is why they are not supposed to drink coffee because the caffeine alters your state so to speak so how do they get away with caffeinated soda?

Also, @Pi237 is right, they are all super reality show savvy.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

About that, Dr. Pepper and Coke, etc...full of caffeine and I thought that is why they are not supposed to drink coffee because the caffeine alters your state so to speak so how do they get away with caffeinated soda?

Also, @Pi237 is right, they are all super reality show savvy.

I’ve never understood that rule about not drinking coffee or tea in the Mormon religion but soda is ok? 
@Pi237 I can’t wait for season two! To me it’s better than SLC. 

• Like 2

I always thought it was a no caffeine rule, which would mean they couldn't have any coffee, tea, or soda that had caffeine in it. But, as per the internet:

"In the Word of Wisdom, the Lord commands Mormons to abstain from harmful substances. Mormons are taught not to drink any kind of alcohol (see D&C 89:5–7). Mormons are also taught not to drink “hot drinks,” meaning coffee or any tea other than herbal tea (see D&C 89:9), and not to use tobacco (see D&C 89:8)."

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1