Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: The Short Rib

• Start Topic

This Jacob returns storyline is hysterical, it was funny when even Frankie agreed that he hates Grace.

Barry and Mallory's boyfriends together are a bit much, and that freakout in the restaurant was horrible. Poor waiter guy.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 5
On 1/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, Hero said:

Peter Gallagher is such a handsome man. 

I agree, he seems to have gotten work on his eyes, but still a good looking man. So many in Hollywood look so bad, I wonder if money does buy the best. Suzanne Somers was one I saw recently who said she is "natural" just some botox but I barely recognized her.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, Hero said:

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I thought once Mallory and her boyfriend started being honest with each other he would gradually become more and more annoying, but that escalated quickly.

No kidding! Literally. As in it was not fun to watch. But then I hate waste. 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That short rib looked delicious. I'd have tried to salvage what I could

You ‘n’ me both!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Damn the writers are really making Mallory super pathetic this season.  Wasn’t Mallory’s boyfriend introduced as the principal at her children’s school? Scary if so. 

Debbie Allen looks really different than when she’s glammed up on Greys Anatomy. 

Edited by GSManiac
On 1/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, Hero said:

Peter Gallagher is such a handsome man. 

When he was younger, his eyebrows used to put me off a bit. But now that they have some grey in them, they're not quite as overwhelming, and yes, I can agree that he's pretty handsome.

• Love 2

So the widow knew that Robert didn't know her husband very well at all - and that Robert was someone who just happened to have a big effect on her husband's life.

And she still asked him to speak at the funeral, without even giving him any warning?

What kind of monster would do such a thing?

Grace and Frankie going overboard trying to get Nick to like Jack, thinking that will mean the four of them can hang out all the time is ridiculously immature yet it totally worked. 

I loved Frankie's "How many times do I have to break up with this guy?" about trying to get rid of Jacob.  Him thinking Frankie's dying and the rest thinking he's showed up to try and woo her away from the new guy created a funny backdrop to everything.  I liked him, but that relationship ran its course, so I hope they don't go back to that well.

I love Brianna telling Mallory "You haven't even met him yet" about Principal Dan and Dan telling Mallory he can't be the first man who's done this to her when she gets mad at him about pretending to like things she likes in order to look good to her.  I didn't predict the extent of his refusal to admit he's wrong coming out quite so psychotically, but Brianna's reactions were pretty funny.

The reveal of why Robert was important to the dead guy and his family was sweet, and I know we wouldn't have had a "Robert is put on the spot to eulogize someone he can't remember" storyline if she'd done so, but I agree with another poster that in real life, the widow would have simply called him up and say, "You probably don't even remember my husband, but [told him the story, thanked him, and asked him if he'd like to come]."

Age wise, I fall right between Grace and Frankie and their children but I just can’t get into the kids’ stories. Brianna is so mean-spirited and her sister is just the same under that veneer. Leaving a bad review about someone‘s business they took your BF when you were 10 years old? And angry guy... ewww.

Loved seeing Ernie Hudson again but I agree, that relationship should be left in the past.

• Love 2

Oh boy, I teared up a bit at Robert being responsible for the dead guy’s 50 years of happy marriage, too.

The sitcom misunderstanding of everyone thinking Jacob was there to get Frankie back and Jacob being there because he thought she was dying was cute. But I do not like that Jacob decided he is actually back to compete for her. You guys broke up and she has a boyfriend, damn it. If she frees up in the future, go for it, but this creepy.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, ahisma said:

Oh boy, I teared up a bit at Robert being responsible for the dead guy’s 50 years of happy marriage, too.

The sitcom misunderstanding of everyone thinking Jacob was there to get Frankie back and Jacob being there because he thought she was dying was cute. But I do not like that Jacob decided he is actually back to compete for her. You guys broke up and she has a boyfriend, damn it. If she frees up in the future, go for it, but this creepy.

I've been catching up on this series at this late date - my question (and perhaps it is addressed in a future episode) is what about Jacob's new girlfriend (Winnie - I think)? If he just wanted to say "goodbye" to Frankie before her demise, how is it he could turn around and want to get back together if he still had a girlfriend. I liked Jacob before, but this makes him seem more of a flake.

• Love 2