Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: In the Wind

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, david gideon said:

Much better send-off for Ziva than having her killed off-screen. But there should have been a closing scene in Paris with her daughter and Tony. Or maybe they're saving that for a 'very special episode' to come.

I thought - based on "Tony" using his daughter to deliver video messages to people - that they were unable to get Michael Weatherly onscreen.

But this did feel like the send-off that Ziva should have received.

• Love 4

I just kept fast forwarding thru the Ziva scenes since I can't stand the character.  good riddance.  I was glad that the kid won't be sticking around, that he's got his foster family back. It would have been too contrived for him to stay with a 50+ widower who was married to his job.  Rocky did a great job with what he had to work with.

• Love 7

When everyone was running here, there, elsewhere, I got a strange feeling that I was watching a classic British Farce, only someone had dubbed American dialog in and grabbed the wrong script. 

IMO the writers have gotten sloppy.  When no one knew what the kid was wearing when he left, and they found the kid he'd sold his bike to (ha!), nobody asked the kid, what was your friend wearing?, what does your bike look like?  How good a bike rider is your friend?  The how good and what kind of bike could have let them draw a radius to figure how far the kid had gone.....and when....and check cameras for a direction.  Too logical?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Great Ziva sendoff. I also enjoyed her little scene with Jimmy. Would have loved to see her with Tony and Talia but since they can’t get MW it made sense to do everything by texting and videos of Talia.

Glad they didn’t make Phineus a bad kid and he got to live with his foster family. It makes sense why he’s not too torn up about his mom since he didn’t know her for that long and she had all those moody episodes people kept referring to. I’m wondering if she really did abuse him.

Still not liking the Jack/Gibbs weird vibe between them. He clearly doesn’t like her that way but she’s so schmoopy around him. 

• Love 6

Wait! What! A female got a (belated) great sendoff from this show??  Color me surprised but happy to see it for Ziva. 
I guess the trade- off is that now yippie-skippie thinks she’s a killing machine in training,  but I don’t have to watch that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So if Phineas’ uncle was willing to pay a million dollars for him, won’t he come looking for him?  Sarah found him easily enough. And we know in NCIS world all

powerful terrorists want petty revenge at any cost 🙄

jack - leave Gibbs alone. 

Edited by Packerbrewerbadger
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, twoods said:

Still not liking the Jack/Gibbs weird vibe between them. He clearly doesn’t like her that way but she’s so schmoopy around him. 

I think they may already have somethin-somethin going on.  When Jack tried to give Gibbs an affectionate hug, he brushed her off saying something like " ...we'll get to that later."  Of course, in Gibbs-world this would be a secret more closely guarded than national security information.

• Love 1

Did Gibbs tell Phineas that he (Gibbs) had killed Phineas' mother, or did he just tell him that his mother had been shot and killed?  That's a lot for a 9-year old child to process, but maybe because he was a child who has been shuffled around a lot, he had become more stoic. 

I liked the way they handled Ziva's exit.  I with they would have had a long shot at the airport in Paris where we would see her embracing a little girl with a blurry man in the background whom we would assume was Tony.  That way MW would not have had to appear in the episode, but that would have sort of put the cherry on top, so to speak.

• Love 5

Nice send off for Ziva as she got to say her goodbye's to literally everybody. Jack and Gibbs just don't seem right, like I have said in the past she has way better chemistry with Vance.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Jack and Gibbs just don't seem right, like I have said in the past she has way better chemistry with Vance.

I agree. I keep wondering if they are psyching us out, that she really will be into Vance instead. I found her incredibly tiresome this episode, pushing Gibbs to talk about his feelings during a crisis. Does she even know this man? I kinda cheered a little when he kicked the garbage can at her. Or near her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed this episode; Ziva finally got a decent send-off and closure - but, yes, stay gone.

And Phineas has a happy home to go back to; Gibbs will be happy and they can visit each other but he won't have the responsibility of taking care of a child.

I don't know why they are trying to build Ellie up into the second coming of Ziva.  She always seemed pretty ordinary to me. And Torres as the Most Sensitive Agent of All Time.

But overall I thought it was a good episode that wrapped up one story line and we can move on to something else now.

• Love 7

So which COUNTY are our men and women serving, keeping us safe? Happy New Year to them, no matter the county. (I'm referring to the title card at the end of the episode, though I don't think it's called that but maybe it is.) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

OMG Ziva! It's like the Perils of Pauline with this character. I hope she goes to Paris and disappears into the ethyr forever. So sick of her.

Every since Buffy, TV shows have been trying to turn skinny blonde women into human super heroes who can do all things and bring down big bads with a roundhouse kick and a snappy attitude. I do hope NCIS isn't going to try to do this like Criminal Minds did with the very ordinary JJ.  It's random and super annoying. 'Odette is waiting.' Please no.

• Love 2