Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not as much of a surprise as it should have been.   I just feel sorry for the kids.   I'm wondering if TLC will drop her, or if it will be another Mama June scandal season storyline?    

Schedule VI isn't as severe as the Schedule 1 drugs, those  are very serious.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Not as much of a surprise as it should have been.   I just feel sorry for the kids.   I'm wondering if TLC will drop her, or if it will be another Mama June scandal season storyline?    

Schedule VI isn't as severe as the Schedule 1 drugs, those  are very serious.    

I have to say, I'm glad Tammy seems to be doing well and moving ahead with her life in a positive manner. Good for her. I never thought she would. 

TLC should drop Amy and focus on Tammy's "journey". 

• Like 4
(edited)

You know the producers are having meetings on how to handle this, and hoping it will be a bigger storyline than June's court cases and arrests.    I won't be surprised if they keep Amy as the 'star' of the show, and Tammy and the rest are secondary. 

This may be the advantage Michael needs to get full custody, supervised visitation, and the right to keep his sons off of social media and TV.  

Park officials say there is no way Amy or one of the others was bitten by a Camel.   They do have some camels on the drive through part, but only the animals that eat the type of food the park sells to tourist come close by, mostly the ostriches.   Unless Amy was carrying a bail of forage/hay, the camels weren't coming close to anyone in a car.  

Why am I guessing that the front cover of all of the tabloids and magazines is going to have that mug shot on the front cover.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t want to laugh because this is tragic due to children being involved but has there ever been a more TLC headline than “1,000 Lb sister star arrested for drugs after getting bit by camel”? Like the network should just shut down operations, they’ll never top this. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Local media in Tennessee says Amy and boyfriend were bailed out.  In spite of her claimed injury from the camel bite, Amy was walking just fine leaving the jail, and looked OK.   

So much for her claim a camel chomped on her arm, and having to be stretchered away by EMS.    There's a picture of the wound on TMZ, there is no way a camel did that.   I used to watch the zoo series about Columbus Zoo wilds, and they said if a camel bit you it was all the way to the bone.  Camels have huge canine teeth, and they rip out a chunk if they bite you, not a short clean gash like Amy had.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

If that is a camel bite, it was barely a nip; camels have huge mouths and big canines (unless they were removed); the teeth are a lot more irregular than that so such a clean slice seems unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Fosca said:

If that is a camel bite, it was barely a nip; camels have huge mouths and big canines (unless they were removed); the teeth are a lot more irregular than that so such a clean slice seems unlikely.

So what is the suspicion as to where she got it? 

• Like 1

I'm wondering about trying to sneak through a metal fence; rubbing her arm on a sharp edge would do it.  It would need to be something she wasn't supposed to do, or else she'd just say that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

It would need to be something she wasn't supposed to do, or else she'd just say that.

And if it was indeed something other than a camel bite, the only motivation for her to say a camel bite would be a bigger payout in a lawsuit, but then she could be additionally charged with making a false police report. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And if it was indeed something other than a camel bite, the only motivation for her to say a camel bite would be a bigger payout in a lawsuit, but then she could be additionally charged with making a false police report. 

Of course, sue the zoo. I wonder if it was intentional? 

• Like 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Fosca said:

I'm wondering about trying to sneak through a metal fence; rubbing her arm on a sharp edge would do it.  It would need to be something she wasn't supposed to do, or else she'd just say that.

Unless it was another scam, to sue the park after claiming a camel bit her.   

If you look at the photo gallery of the drive through part of the park, eveything but camels are around the cars.  The park sells food for feeding the animals, but camels don't like people that much, and don't go after that kind of animal feed. 

However, camels do have a rep for grabbing the feed containers and running off with it.  They don't even eat the feed, and would have to come all of the way into the car to get near where Amy was bitten.  Plus, a camel bite isn't a little, straight cut.  

I'm hoping the park has a lot of camera, and can prove how the 'bite' happened.  Then, they call their attorneys and go afterr the people responsible for what I bet is a scam. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

If the park wants to spend the money, they could hire a bite expert, although a camel bite is awfully specific.  Even a vet or someone else who works with animals would not have come across a camel.  Maybe someone from a zoo who specifically works with camels would be familiar with what kind of damage a camel could do.  But again, it would cost a pretty penny to find such a person and pay their expenses to fly in and testify.  But that bite is so perfectly straight, I'm guessing at least a couple of jury members (if it comes to that) would have doubts a camel could do that.  

• Like 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

If the park wants to spend the money, they could hire a bite expert, although a camel bite is awfully specific.  Even a vet or someone else who works with animals would not have come across a camel.  Maybe someone from a zoo who specifically works with camels would be familiar with what kind of damage a camel could do.  But again, it would cost a pretty penny to find such a person and pay their expenses to fly in and testify.  But that bite is so perfectly straight, I'm guessing at least a couple of jury members (if it comes to that) would have doubts a camel could do that.  

We go to a lot of small local zoos in our area and on vacation and people who work directly with the animals (there is always some staff information on their webpages) usually have a degree in zoology or animal science. And there has to be vets to take care of the animals of all kinds on a regular basis. So, I can see them having someone who has knowledge of various animal bites. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3

All they have to do is match the camel's dental imprint to the "bite mark".

It's done all the time in trials involving humans, matching bite marks on a body to the teeth of the accused.   It doesn't require specialized knowledge of camels, just human flesh. 

• Like 4

Oh no, they're going to London.  Preview for the new season is below.  There's a video at the top of the article:

https://people.com/tammy-slaton-skin-removal-surgery-new-season-1000-lb-sisters-exclusive-8707174

This season also sees Tammy and Amy take a family vacation to London alongside their sister Amanda and brother Chris. “I don’t think they’re ready for us,” Amy says while Tammy adds, “They better get ready!”

“In the past, the family trips have torn us apart,” Chris notes. “Hopefully this trip will bring us together as a family.”

However, the trip quickly leads to an explosive argument between the sisters as both Amy and Amanda express their frustration with how Tammy treats and talks to them.

“I have put up with this for 30-something years because poor Tammy, she’s fat, she can’t do s—,” Amanda says. “Now that she’s lost the weight, I’m not excusing that behavior anymore.”

“Now that I’ve lost so much weight, I feel like she’s kinda jealous,” Tammy says in a confessional about Amanda. “She’s not the pretty sister no more.”

I watched the preview, and am disgusted with the horrible behavior of the entire family.  I know a lot of it is just for the show, but it was still horrible, rude, offensive behavior.    We'll be lucky if England doesn't declare war in retaliation.   I feel the worst for others who had to deal with them, and people who were visiting the landmarks the family disrespected, and had their own visits ruined.  

• Like 3
On 9/14/2024 at 6:14 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I watched the preview, and am disgusted with the horrible behavior of the entire family.  I know a lot of it is just for the show, but it was still horrible, rude, offensive behavior.    We'll be lucky if England doesn't declare war in retaliation.   I feel the worst for others who had to deal with them, and people who were visiting the landmarks the family disrespected, and had their own visits ruined.  

Hopefully, they won’t get the impression that all Americans are like that! It’s bad enough that Meghan Markle is an American.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1