Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I didn't realize their uncle murdered their grandfather. This was a long time ago, and the younger siblings weren't even born. 

IIRC, they mentioned that on the show, last season I think, and said it was written about in a book.

• Like 1

According to Reddit, Amy, Tammy, and family are filming in Pensacola.  According to one of the three photos there, Amy is still smoking.  It shows her with a cigarette in one hand and what looks like a vape pen in the other.  

• Sad 3
  • Wink 1

Where I live a lot of the local vape shops have been raided, they were selling not just tobacco substitutes, if you know what I mean.  The extra flavorings are psychologically addictive, even if not tobacco products.     I wonder if Amy and Tammy use vaping or tobacco as an appetite suppressant, especially vaping which is often different flavors with a sweet taste? 

• Useful 5
(edited)

I’m wondering how long before Tammy  qualifies for skin surgery.  There should be a lot of it, though her arms look pretty good, considering. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
On 6/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, Gemma Violet said:

People magazine has the latest IG photo of Tammy.  She really needs to start looking into buying a bra.

https://people.com/tammy-slaton-1000-lb-sisters-weight-loss-transformation-mirror-selfie-7554543

She’s lost so much! I’m proud of her. 

I wonder why she doesn’t wear a bra, or at least a bralette, I would thinking the hanging skin would be MORE uncomfortable without one. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Just saw in the news that Tammy's ex (or soon to be ex??) Caleb has died in the nursing facility in Ohio.  

https://nypost.com/2023/07/01/1000-lb-sisters-star-tammy-slatons-husband-caleb-willingham-dead-at-40/ 

59 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

YouTube notified me of Auntie’s Advice doing a livestream about it. 

My condolences to Caleb’s friends and family. Even though they were split this has to be rough on Tammy, 1. I believe she had genuine feelings for him- she looked so happy when they were together, 2. A cautionary tale, obesity can kill and he didn’t get another chance like she did. I’m glad she’s taken her chance to lose weight seriously and is making progress. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has anyone read what happened?   

They say "unknown causes," but presumably his system just finally gave out.  It's been reported he wasn't sticking to the diet.  If that's the case, I guess it was only a matter of time.  RIP. 

I guess. It’s just that out of all the super morbidly obese patients that Dr. Now has told they didn’t have long to survive, few of them have actually died.  I guess Caleb was sicker than they revealed.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I did see where it said 'estranged' husband.  I wonder if that's because Tammy was doing so good and he wasn't.  I'm glad she stuck to her guns and didn't let anything make her back slide to bad behaviors. Rip Caleb. 

• Like 1

See, the lawyer in me just sees all the implications of: still legally married, never lived in a home together but did he own any property?  What is her entitlement to his assets, pensions, SSI, not to mention obligations for the debts owing by his estate? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Quof said:

See, the lawyer in me just sees all the implications of: still legally married, never lived in a home together but did he own any property?  What is her entitlement to his assets, pensions, SSI, not to mention obligations for the debts owing by his estate? 

I'm a bit of a cynic and I was thinking about stuff like that when I saw the tik-tok video of Tammy, tears streaming down her face, as she said, "I loved that man."  I'd like to think she was sincere, but knowing about past alleged scams by the sisters before they were on TV, I'm wondering if this was a way of proclaiming that it was a real loving true-blue marriage.  I'm also wondering if Caleb's family is well off and if Tammy would make a claim on anything.  Of course, the family may be dirt poor and Tammy's tears may have been real and I'm just talking out of my butt. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Yes and I wonder if it was a legal marriage.  Did they actually get a marriage license.  Who transported them?  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes and I wonder if it was a legal marriage.  Did they actually get a marriage license.  Who transported them?  

There were rumors about that--that they may not have had a license before the ceremony and had to get officially married at a later date, or perhaps didn't get officially married at all.  

• Like 2
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess. It’s just that out of all the super morbidly obese patients that Dr. Now has told they didn’t have long to survive, few of them have actually died.  I guess Caleb was sicker than they revealed.  

Caleb was quite sick before he met Tammy, he was in a coma and hospitalized before going to the facility in Ohio. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

The Sun is reporting that Amy, Tammy, Chris, and Amanda got into a big argument while filming in Florida, which turned into a physical fight.  The crew stopped filming for a few weeks to let things settle down.

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

The Sun is reporting that Amy, Tammy, Chris, and Amanda got into a big argument while filming in Florida, which turned into a physical fight.  The crew stopped filming for a few weeks to let things settle down.

The dysfunction runs deep with this family.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
On 7/18/2023 at 10:36 AM, Gemma Violet said:

It must be really bad if the crew stopped filming.  Usually, producers love conflict.  Maybe there were actual injuries.

Also the crew probably wanted to avoid liability or injury to themselves getting in the middle. 

What could everyone be having a PHYSICAL fight about?? When I think “family members fighting”, I think a disagreement, not actual violence. 

• Like 3

I'm thinking maybe it's a fight between Tammy and Amanda, with Chris and Amy trying to break it up.  Tammy and Amanda can both be pretty aggressive and now that Tammy's mobile, she may not have any hesitation about acting on her anger.  And Amanda doesn't take any guff from anyone, so it's a perfect storm.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I bet they stopped filming because they want to show the family as dysfunctional, but non-violent.    A brawl doesn't fit the storyline.   Also, with the writer's strike, they might have run out of scripts. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

There was always a side of lightheartedness to this show,  along with the dysfunction.  Amy & Michael were cute together, we watched them realize their dream of a family & a home of their own.  Chris & Britney - solid good people.  Tammy being Tammy.  Amanda - large & in charge.  So Amanda gets divorced.  Then out of the blue (& immediately after the birth of their youngest) Amy wants a divorce.  And boom after a quickie marriage, Tammy wants a divorce.  The fame & money from the TV show came at a very high price, especially for those little kids.  There was a rumor that Michael wanted his boys' on camera time to be limited but of course Amy did not agree. 

• Like 2

My assumption when I read the headline above is that Tammy got in a fight with Amanda and went for her, and Amanda defended herself. Amanda suffers no fools but I couldn’t see her raising a hand to a sibling.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

My assumption when I read the headline above is that Tammy got in a fight with Amanda and went for her, and Amanda defended herself. Amanda suffers no fools but I couldn’t see her raising a hand to a sibling.

There was a scene in season 3 when Amanda told Tammy “wait until these cameras go off”(when Tammy didn’t want to use her wheelchair), I wouldn’t fuck with Amanda. 

On 7/19/2023 at 1:54 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I'm thinking maybe it's a fight between Tammy and Amanda, with Chris and Amy trying to break it up.  Tammy and Amanda can both be pretty aggressive and now that Tammy's mobile, she may not have any hesitation about acting on her anger.  And Amanda doesn't take any guff from anyone, so it's a perfect storm.  

This is very likely. 

• Like 1
On 7/20/2023 at 4:49 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Also, with the writer's strike, they might have run out of scripts. 

The writer's strike won't affect reality shows.  According to what I've read, the producers draw up the storylines.

• Like 4
On 7/17/2023 at 9:54 PM, Gemma Violet said:

The Sun is reporting that Amy, Tammy, Chris, and Amanda got into a big argument while filming in Florida,

I'm imagining. them brawling at Disney World. 

On 7/21/2023 at 10:21 AM, Snarkastikate said:

There was a rumor that Michael wanted his boys' on camera time to be limited but of course Amy did not agree. 

And TLC will not help. See Kate Gosselin.

• Like 3

I saw on Reddit that Tammy said on social media that Part 2 of Season 4 will begin on Dec. 12 and that there will be more of her wedding shown.  More wedding?  I guess the show sadly wants to capitalize on Caleb's passing.

• Sad 5
16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw on Reddit that Tammy said on social media that Part 2 of Season 4 will begin on Dec. 12 and that there will be more of her wedding shown.  More wedding?  I guess the show sadly wants to capitalize on Caleb's passing.

That’s a huge gap in-between parts of seasons. I’d expect it in Sept or October.  But weight loss does take time, and Tammy spent a full year in the rehab facility. 

• Like 1

So was that a real part of the funeral, or was it just staged for filming?   

Was Tammy actually legally married to Caleb?   She almost immediately filed for divorce, at least according to her statement, but was her 'marriage' actually real or just for TV time?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

From the article:

"Tammy said her final farewell to Caleb at an intimate and private ceremony in Kentucky."

How intimate can it be with TV cameras there?  It seems to me they're using Caleb's death for ratings.  Poor guy.  RIP

Edited by swankie
Punctuation
  • Like 6
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So was that a real part of the funeral, or was it just staged for filming?   

5 hours ago, swankie said:

From the article:

"Tammy said her final farewell to Caleb at an intimate and private ceremony in Kentucky."

How intimate can it be with TV cameras there?  It seems to me they're using Caleb's death for ratings.  Poor guy.  RIP

Not that it’s any of our business but I could see there being two memorial services for Caleb, likely for Tammy/family and another for his family/childhood friends in Indiana. 

I feel for Tammy I do, she was so happy to marry him, and the entire “this could’ve been me” has to be in the forefront of her mind. That’s hard. Losing someone you love is always hard, but in this situation, the “survivor’s guilt” is a lot as well. 

• Like 3

Don't judge me- I follow Tammy on IG. Once again, she has posted multiple selfies (same pose, expression, filters). Nothing about getting out, exercising, working (ha) etc. Her adoring fans tell her how great she looks. What a sad life she leads.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, BAForever said:

Don't judge me- I follow Tammy on IG. Once again, she has posted multiple selfies (same pose, expression, filters). Nothing about getting out, exercising, working (ha) etc. Her adoring fans tell her how great she looks. What a sad life she leads.

I can critique Tammy on a lot, but milking her social media presence for all its worth right now is not one of them. It will end eventually, and from what I have seen she HAS done an amazing job losing weight. If one person out there relates to her and makes a change then that’s a positive. 

Also, Tammy has lead such an insular life for so long, that her perspective is off. A typical adult her age usually has a full time job, social engagements with friends, family responsibilities, chores etc- she’s used to having 100% free time. To her she probably is doing a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can critique Tammy on a lot, but milking her social media presence for all its worth right now is not one of them. It will end eventually, and from what I have seen she HAS done an amazing job losing weight. If one person out there relates to her and makes a change then that’s a positive. 

Also, Tammy has lead such an insular life for so long, that her perspective is off. A typical adult her age usually has a fully time job, social engagements with friends, family responsibilities, chores etc- she’s used to having 100% free time. To her she probably is doing a lot. 

Point taken Scarlett45. Hope you are right and we see Tammy become "more typically" behaving as an adult. 

I watch all the 600 pound life poundticipants, and my faves are those who end with jobs and relationships and productive lives.  

• Like 5
On 8/6/2023 at 7:33 PM, babyhouseman said:

https://okmagazine.com/p/tammy-slaton-claims-tlc-producers-forcing-drama-late-husband-funeral/

"The filming of the funeral was 'completely not natural' and things were put in there to make it seem sad when it really wasn't that sad. People were having fun, but [TLC producers] made it depressing," the insider claimed.

I'm not at all surprised by this. TLC should change their name to The Exploitation Channel"

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Quof said:

Or people could stop selling their souls to the Devil that is TLC in exchange for fame (infamy?). 

👍🏼👍🏼  Maybe this is why those 2 little boys are now without a live-in dad.  I don't think Michael wanted his & his kids' lives on view so much. Amy did. 

• Like 5