Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Are You the Mole?

On the eve of graduation, Oliver gifts Connor, Michaela and Asher something unexpected. At the Dean’s cocktail party, Annalise learns disturbing news. Michaela receives a surprise phone call. The FBI informant is finally revealed.

Airdate: Thursday, November 21, 2019

Wes! Or his twin! I am glad that Alfie is back. Laurel and Christopher must be with Wes.

Annalise isn't dead. She is likely with Wes, Laurel, and Christopher.

Farewell, sweet Asher. I loved you. His mother or sister probably killed him.

• Love 21

THAT ENDING, HOLD THE DAMN PHONE.

Okay, so I have questions. Lots of questions.

Also, Asher, no :(! 

Frank was scary as hell when he was having that confrontation with Gabriel.

That's about all I can say right now, 'cause my head's still spinning and I hate ABC for making me wait until freaking April

• Love 19

Awww..Asher...I wouldn't doubt that Michela did the deed..I am sad he was the mole...and I was really hoping it would be Nate that was dead...Why can't he die? I counted three "Pops" from him tonight...

Can Wes kill Gabriel? Please?

April?

Really?

April?

• Love 12

Sad how we all pretty much guessed that Asher would die. I just hope it was Bonnie & Frank aka the murder twins.

Who is at Gabe’s door? How does Asher get to be on the floor in front of his door? 

The return of Wes? So help me if Laurel ran off to be with him, I am done with those 2. They are officially the selfish 2.

So what did AK do when she had the car stop?

So many questions and we have to wait until April 2 for answers.

• Love 9

Wow! I was not expecting that AT ALL. Did not think Asher was going to be the dead informant & I sure as hell didn't think we would be seeing Wes. I personally think Wes & the funeral are just all in Annalises imagination. I was shocked when Laurel said that Tegan helped her and Christopher. I don't think Frank killed Asher . Asher was murdered with a fire poker which I'm pretty sure Frank doesn't have. I think they made it look like that by using Bonnie's call to Frank. I didn't think I could hate Asher's family more but I was WRONG. I'm also thinking that Annalise on the plane isn't real either. How did we go from her asking the driver to turn back to being on a plane. I feel like something happened in between. I also still want to see who is driving the car. I cannot believe that we have to wait until April to find out what happens! Ugh. 

• Love 6

Did they have a timeline for Analise's funeral? My thought was it is a fake out and is 25 years in the future. "Wes" at the funeral is a grown up Christopher that looks just like his dad.

Cause Wes actually being alive would really piss me off.

3 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

Awww..Asher...I wouldn't doubt that Michela did the deed..I am sad he was the mole...and I was really hoping it would be Nate that was dead...Why can't he die? I counted three "Pops" from him tonight...

Did Micheala have a chance to kill Asher? It looks like she, Connor, and Oliver were all at the house together. And she looked pretty shocked to hear Asher was the dead person. She was high though, so I guess she could have blocked something out.

I did not want Asher to die, but I also can't believe he was the mole.

• Love 19

Uh...yeah, so....what the actual eff was that ending?

Are we ever going to be done with the Wes and Sam Show? Why couldn't Gabriel be the dead informant? Why did it have to be Asher? 

Seriously, though. Asher is now dead. Poor guy always got the short end of the stick, so I'm not totally surprised. It sucks he had to be the informant, but I wonder who killed him. It was in front of Gabriel's door, but it probably wasn't Gabriel. My next thought is that it was Tegan, to protect Annalise. 

Laurel shows up for a second! Hi Laurel! Oh, bye Laurel! I guess this was your first cameo of the season, just to tell us that Tegan helped you escape. Cool.

Why is Wes alive? Is this some sort of flashforward way far into the future where this isn't Wes, but Christopher all grown up? And they just got Alfred back to play him for shits and giggles? It WOULD be typical of Annalise to ask for a photo of her shown at her funeral that's years in the past. 

So, Annalise asked for the car to turn her around, but then they show her on a plane...so she did something in between. I wonder what.

Urg, Nate sucks. I wish it was him who was dead.

• Love 10

Asher is wrong. It's not Annalise that set up all the madness of the past 6 season. It was stupid Wes who started the murder game when he killed Sam.

And if Wes did not die, Asher's death had better have been faked too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

It didn't occur to me that "Wes" could be grown up Christopher. That would make more sense that Wes being alive.

I think that’s it.  I’ve been saying that we don’t know WHEN the funeral is taking place.  I mean, we all saw Wes get killed.  Also the guy at the funeral looked different, his hair was close cut, almost straight.  It could and should be a grown up Christopher, please no more Wes.

• Love 8

Why is Nate still alive? UGH! I was hoping he'd be the dead body/informant so his broody behind could just go away. 

Did not miss Laurel. The whole Laurel/Wes thing from seasons ago really soured me to both of those characters. So if he's really alive and those two are off living happily ever after - between that and Nate surviving the season/series after the crap he's pulled, I'll be annoyed. 

RIP Asher, who wasn't even there when stuff went down with Sam so how the hell does he know the nuts and bolts of that. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 14

I never considered the idea of it being a grown-up Christopher at the funeral, either, but that'd be an interesting angle to go with. As would this:

12 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I personally think Wes & the funeral are just all in Annalises imagination. 

Hmmm...

I was shocked when Laurel said that Tegan helped her and Christopher. 

That would explain a lot of the talk about Tegan's ties to the Castillos thus far this season. And I can definitely see her being the protective type. 

I don't think Frank killed Asher . Asher was murdered with a fire poker which I'm pretty sure Frank doesn't have. I think they made it look like that by using Bonnie's call to Frank. I didn't think I could hate Asher's family more but I was WRONG. 

Somebody wondered if it was Bonnie, but I think Bonnie cares too much about Asher to do that to him. They've got their own history. I can see it being somebody who's learned he was the informant, though, Or hell, maybe Asher ran into one of his family members again for some reason and they got in a fight about something? Lord knows they've had a hell of a lot of tension thus far, after all. 

(On that note, he sure recovered awfully quickly from that wound Oliver gave him earlier. Also, shallow aside, but he honestly looked really good throughout much of the episode tonight.)

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Asher is wrong. It's not Annalise that set up all the madness of the past 6 season. It was stupid Wes who started the murder game when he killed Sam.

And if Wes did not die, Asher's death had better have been faked too.

No, once again, it was Sam who started it by having the affair and having Frank kill Lila. Though the real beginning is Frank causing the accident that killed Annalise's son, since had he not done that, he wouldn't have been indebted to Sam, and wouldn't have killed Lila

• Love 12

I’m not even mad that Asher is dead. How can he be the mole and *still* blame Annalise? Yeah she leaked the business about his dad, but his dad was the person who framed an innocent guy! He wasn’t an innocent person who AK set up. And, after that AK still helps you raggedy self cover up Sinclair for you. Asher, you’re an idiot and deserve to die!

So my theory is that AK went to Bonnie’s to say goodbye. Bonnie and/or Frank had killed Asher and they decided to use it to frame stupid Gabe so he will finally go home.

I don’t care about stupid Wes & Laurel. I’m done with those 2.

Tegan helping Laurel escape is probably her penance for helping Jorge cover up Laurel’s kidnapping as a child. I bet that’s the thing she did for the Castillo’s that she regrets.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 8

I'm not buying Wes is alive, even though it wouldn't be completely out of nowhere, considering how much the show has used that possibility as a red herring/misdirect since it happened. But yeah, the Annalise funeral "flash forward" was suspect in the premiere and it's still suspect now, so him showing up in that is very questionable and there could be a million other explanations - it's Annalise's imagination, it's the future and he's really Christopher, and a bunch of other things.

Asher being the informant made sense to me and was fine by me too. I never really warmed to him, and I was hoping it would actually be someone important/close to the group. Not sure who killed him; they certainly want us to think Bonnie or Frank, but the fact that he ended up outside his door makes me think not so much. I can't imagine why either of them would kill him outside of his apartment or even leave him there alive if they killed him elsewhere and dumped the body like that.

Kinda wish it was Nate though, he is just so awful. So glad I don't have to worry about Annalise ending up with him though, they surely put a nail in the coffin of that relationship tonight. Hopefully he dies by the end of the series though.

Curious where Annalise stopped on her way out of town or who she went to see. I'm guessing she went to talk to someone but she could have just called them so I don't know.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Somebody wondered if it was Bonnie, but I think Bonnie cares too much about Asher to do that to him. They've got their own history. I can see it being somebody who's learned he was the informant, though, Or hell, maybe Asher ran into one of his family members again for some reason and they got in a fight about something? Lord knows they've had a hell of a lot of tension thus far, after all. 

(On that note, he sure recovered awfully quickly from that wound Oliver gave him earlier. 

Bonnie would kill if she thought it put Annalise at risk. Remember she killed Miller, love of her life because it put them all at risk. If she found out Asher was the mole, shed kill him in a heartbeat.

Asher had a head lac. The6 bleed profusely even when it’s just a minor cut.

16 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Why is Nate still alive? UGH! I was hoping he'd be the dead body/informant so his broody behind could just go away. 

Did not miss Laurel. The whole Laurel/Wes thing from seasons ago really soured me to both of those characters. So if he's really alive and those two are off living happily ever after - between that and Nate surviving the season/series after the crap he's pulled, I'll be annoyed. 

RIP Asher, who wasn't even there when stuff went down with Sam so how the hell does he know the nuts and bolts of that. 

He doesn’t. That’s why he was trying to get them to talk and record it on his phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Thing is Asher betraying Annalise is soooooo OOC and out of left field I can't believe people are accepting this so easily(not here but other places). He's not the one who told Annalise she seduced a married man while she was seeking help for her trauma that would be Fat-Free Wes. Or saying she has "too much power" and all of them have been ungreatful to Annalise in the past I don't think it's appropriate/fair to single out Asher but I digress...... 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 11

Yes, TPTB did what they were supposed to do. Killing main characters close to ending. It cannot be side characters/new characters. It must be important characters at this point in the series. In the end even the main/title character can die. I don't think that's Wes unless the whole series was dream straight up Dallas style. Either it's in the future or an Annalise fantasy. I've never liked the Asher character. A fitting end for him. Now, Frank or Bonnie should be next. 

Edited by Simba122504
Added word typo
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Bonnie would kill if she thought it put Annalise at risk. Remember she killed Miller, love of her life because it put them all at risk. If she found out Asher was the mole, shed kill him in a heartbeat.

I mostly agree with this, but after everything that's happened since that went down, I can see her not being able to go through with it, and that's why she called Frank. Frank has been all about trying to make up for lying and prove his love for Bonnie, so her getting him to do it for her would fit. But, I can see Asher leaving before Frank got back, and someone else killed him outside of his apartment.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, colorbars said:

I mostly agree with this, but after everything that's happened since that went down, I can see her not being able to go through with it, and that's why she called Frank. Frank has been all about trying to make up for lying and prove his love for Bonnie, so her getting him to do it for her would fit. But, I can see Asher leaving before Frank got back, and someone else killed him outside of his apartment.

I think she called Frank to help her clean it up, because who else would do that no questions asked?

• Love 1
Just now, Milaxx said:

I think she called Frank to help her clean it up, because who else would do that no questions asked?

But he was still alive when he was on the floor outside his apartment? I can't imagine Bonnie or Frank doing that - killing him at Bonnie's place and dumping his body at his when he's not actually dead yet.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

Thing is Asher betraying Annalise is soooooo OOC and out of left field I can't believe people are accepting this so easily(not here but other places). He's not the one who told Annalise she seduced a married man while she was seeking help for her trauma that would be Fat-Free Wes. Or saying she has "too much power" and all of them have been ungreatful to Annalise in the past I don't think it's appropriate/fair to single out Asher but I digress...... 

It’s not OOC. He did it when Sinclair was pressuring him. The FBI scared him by using his family. I’m not surprised. 

11 minutes ago, colorbars said:

But he was still alive when he was on the floor outside his apartment? I can't imagine Bonnie or Frank doing that - killing him at Bonnie's place and dumping his body at his when he's not actually dead yet.

I think they did it to frame Gabe and maybe scare Asher into keeping his mouth shut. Who knows? We’ll have til April to speculates 

• Love 2

What an ending. 

I think Frank admitted to helping Wes during his clash with Gabriel. Or maybe I read it wrong.

Asher dying makes sense as he is loosely tied to most events, but his death/murder has impact. Don’t think Bonnie would kill him though.

• Love 1

I literally screamed, "April 6th?????" during the preview.

0007b85a36d6face353f6fe8367513b9f84cc828

Nate still could exhibit no actual remorse for beating an innocent man to death (Billy Brown, you are very, very terrible at your job) and instead blamed Annalise for it?  Ummm...

Get_63b3a2_1390585.gif

By the way, when I saw how early the Annalise/Nate and Frank/Gabriel confrontations were occurring, I knew neither Nate nor Gabriel could be the dead person, and that made me simultaneously sad and infuriated.

I mean, I'm not happy that Asher is 1) the mole and 2) dead when fucking wastes of space Nate and Gabriel continue to live.  I can appreciate how the writers tried to reverse-engineer things to make it plausible that Asher would be the mole, but I kind of...don't think it works...or at least not enough for me to be satisfied.  This does make me think they want Michaela to end up with Gabriel, which:

SpitefulRawGnu-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4496112

I assume we'll find out the deal with Annalise's stop on the way to the airport when episodes resume in the year 2047.  I hope she really did get away, though.

OK, Connor, you need to listen to your father now.  He warned you about Oliver, and I was totally with you on the "fuck off, asshole" train then.  HOWEVER, you are married to a guy who now has become a drug addict (which, frankly, is going to have deleterious effects on his body's ability to fight the HIV, even with medication, which should concern both of you very much) and an attempted murderer (the shroom-induced caprice of it doesn't excuse it, sorrynotsorry).  I hate to say it, but your dad was right.

Asher's mother and sister are maybe the shittiest piles of toxic waste ever, and I'm going to need the two of them, Nate, and Gabriel to be dropped into a pit of angry black mambas.  I can think of almost no worse way to die, so that seems fitting for those four.

The 24 seconds of Laurel really drove home how much I do not miss her.  Ugh.  And I have to assume the three seconds we saw of "Wes" at Annalise's funeral really presaged a distant future with "Wes" actually being Christopher because the idea that Wes could be alive somehow makes me quite murderous.

50LfFsr.gif

Conversely, there was way too little Tegan.  Do better, show, or else...more stabbing.

Edited by NUguy514
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

Lol Oliver is not a drug addict just because they dropped ‘shrooms.

Just realized that Gabriel recorded Frank threatening him. What if Gabe was still acting as an informant for the FBI and he killed Asher? Asher would be dumb enough to go to Gabriel and tell him what he did. I could even see Asher trying to tell Gabriel to take care of Micheala and Gabriel being dumb enough strike out at Asher in anger.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 3

Did Asher ever get any real repercussions from murdering Sinclaire?  Any chance his murder is due to this? 

I laughed when Michala was arrested.  You know it's pretty bad when you are told you are being arrested for murder, but, you don't know which one! lol 

It's been a pleasure for Laurel and Wes to be gone.  Wes was likely my least favorite character ever on this show. Also, reference his death....wasn't there a huge examination of his body at one point?  There was speculation that it wasn't really him, but, they confirmed that it was, right? 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Asher had a head lac. The6 bleed profusely even when it’s just a minor cut.

That's what I was thinking, that Oliver didn't actually hit him that hard but he got him on the head, and heads bleed a lot. My friend's son got a cut on his forehead and looking at him immediately after, you'd have thought he was about to die from blood loss but it was really just a small cut.

5 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Conversely, there was way too little Tegan.  Do better, show, or else...more stabbing.

I hope this leads to more stuff for Amirah Vann. She was great in Underground but that didn't have as big an audience as this. I think she'll also have a role on the next season of Queen Sugar, but I would like to see her in more. 

11 hours ago, Milaxx said:

How can [Asher] be the mole and *still* blame Annalise? Yeah she leaked the business about his dad, but his dad was the person who framed an innocent guy! He wasn’t an innocent person who AK set up.

I felt sad for Asher because he did get the short end of the stick with his family (who are traaaaaash) and with the gang most of the time, but that whole "It was Annalise's fault" thing made me mad. She couldn't have told the dirt if his dad hadn't done the dirt!

Why was Gabriel's new interest's wig so cheap-looking?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I can appreciate how the writers tried to reverse-engineer things to make it plausible that Asher would be the mole, but I kind of...don't think it works...or at least not enough for me to be satisfied. 

They rushed it. Writers of today have a unique problem with writing plot driven by characters vs characters driven by plot both can turn out terribly you have terrible writers at the helm but usually it is better to have characters doing things because of their own convictions and not cause the plot demands it you get inconsistent consistences(which is the writing for htgawm in a nutshell for the last 3 years) or "plot holes" that way. Which is what Asher being the mole is. A massive plot hole. Season 2 was season 2, it was 4 seasons ago no character is the same as they were in the that season including Asher, which is why I stand by him being the mole is out of character or at the very least character regression. I have no problem admitting my bias however I will try to objective when I say this:  I don't think Wes deserved what he got cos he killed Sam I would've preferred that they left him alone, just as I don't think Asher deserved what he got because of Sinclair(she's not Sam but she's no saint, to my memory she was actually a huge bitch even to Annalise at one point so why care that she's dead? Because Asher was the one that killed her?) I get caring because it's a human life but not many people have that same energy for Sam. And shouldn't as he was awful. Again I'm biased toward Wes & Asher alike so I know some people won't agree but that's okay with me.

• Love 3

I literally yelled out, "Motherf*cking Wes!"

What's with Gabriel's new haircut? Hope that's for another role Rome Flynn has.

Annalise wins one case before the SC and now she's "famed Supreme Court attorney." Right.

Heh, Bonnie is so over Frank. He says he'll die loving her? Five seasons too late, buddy.

So Robert will be left hanging as a meaningless point device? This enrages me even more than Wes (possibly) being alive. Grrr!

• Love 3

I had the same two thoughts on the Annalise funeral as others here - either it's a fantasy sequence, Annalise imagining it as she leaves her old life behind; or way in the future and dear god that better not be Wes but his offspring instead.  Or I suppose it could be her imagining it as she lay dying for real somewhere.  As others have pointed out we don't know what happened when she stopped the car.

Lastly - April! Really?!  That's way too long.  And most of it will miss sweeps - I think only the last couple eps will hit May sweeps.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Maybe she stopped the car to get Robert. 😛 

I would actually love it if in the finale, Annalise is on a beach somewhere and they pan over and Robert is next to her.* And then they turn and see Tegan walking up the beach - not permanently, because I like that she's a boss-ass managing partner. She's just there to say hey, drink a cocktail, get a tan, and make sure they're doing well.

*(If not, call me, Robert!)

Billy Brown really only has one facial expression, huh?

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Lol Oliver is not a drug addict just because they dropped ‘shrooms.

Don't put words in my mouth.  It's not the 'shrooms specifically: he's gotten high almost every single episode of this season when there was no previous indication he ever used drugs.  He obviously can't cope with anything in his life, and he's turning to drugs to numb it.  It's addict behavior, I've seen it too many times, and it's especially dangerous for someone who's HIV+.

• Love 1

A thought that popped into my head today was that Laurel STILL hasn't learned anything from all of this shit. She should have NEVER called Michaela & she definitely shouldn't have told them that Tegan helped her and Christopher escape. She's not hiding from morons she's hiding from people with connections and the ability to hack into places. 

tumblr_m8xpm0ipse1qmahxv.gif

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I literally yelled out, "Motherf*cking Wes!"

What's with Gabriel's new haircut? Hope that's for another role Rome Flynn has.

Annalise wins one case before the SC and now she's "famed Supreme Court attorney." Right.

Heh, Bonnie is so over Frank. He says he'll die loving her? Five seasons too late, buddy.

So Robert will be left hanging as a meaningless point device? This enrages me even more than Wes (possibly) being alive. Grrr!

Who’s Robert, again? 

Edited by Simba122504

Who’s Robert, again? 

Robert is the guy Annalise has been talking to for the last few episodes. He was the lawyer for a dating app company Tegan's law firm represented in a discrimination case. He's been amazingly patient and lowkey persistent in getting Annalise to date him. Now it looks like she's just run off and left him hanging. At lot us are still kind of wondering though if he was working undercover for somebody against Annalise because he almost seemed too good to be true.

From Bustle: Annalise's Boyfriend Robert On 'HTGAWM' Is Played By Popular Sci-Fi Actor Cas Anvar

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Just realized that Gabriel recorded Frank threatening him. What if Gabe was still acting as an informant for the FBI and he killed Asher? Asher would be dumb enough to go to Gabriel and tell him what he did. I could even see Asher trying to tell Gabriel to take care of Micheala and Gabriel being dumb enough strike out at Asher in anger.

I was thinking about Gabriel doing something to Asher, too. They've already had a lot of animosity this season as it is, after all, so...