Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Sake614 said:

OMG the look on that baby’s face when Kristina was talking to her was UCG. If the kid was old enough to talk, she would’ve asked Wtf krisinta was smoking lol!

I came here to comment on that. That baby looked at Kristina as if she was some random person who decided to make conversation with her - which, I guess, in real life, is what it was. I had to laugh at that expression, although the scene is meant to be touching, not funny. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, graight said:

I guess Heather changed her mind.  She told Laura (?) she belonged in jail and not to make a case out of it.  She seemed very interested in Scotty's proposal today.

That's because Scotty told her she could get money out of this lawsuit.  She could go free and live very comfortably.   

• Sad 2
  • Angry 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

That's because Scotty told her she could get money out of this lawsuit.  She could go free and live very comfortably.   

Yep. Laura thinks it's all settled now but there goes Heather trying to manipulate Elizabeth into calling Scotty to get him to come back to see her.  I like Elizabeth's "oh crap" face when Heather was talking about having a little house with a room for Ace.

I liked seeing Kevin offer support to Alexis; good scene between two veteran actors of this show. NLG was great with Alexis getting in Sonny's face to stand down re: Ava. Of course he's not going to.

The Michael-Kristina scenes left me cold. Good for her for pointing out he got a happy ending with Wiley. I assume Willow agrees to go be a support for Kristina and talk about deceased Jonah, which will make her emotional and then she'll do something stupid with Drew again. 

A couple previews make me sick: TJ speaking unkindly to Molly; Natalia tearfully asking Kristina (while she's still in bed in the hospital!) to break up with Blaze. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Love 1

you know when you have Kristina going to Sonny, listing the laundry list of crap Ava did to Sonny's family and Ava must pay. im sorry show if the response is supposed. to go YAS SONNY GET AVA.

Because there's an equally long laundry list going through my head about the crimes that Sonny and Carly did to the Quartermaines. Kristina's whole why wont you do something, Ava is living life while she should pay. like. ya know. yeah. that would be nice. and the whole "She killed Connie and didn't pay!!" Sonny barely paid for killing AJ. So. no. I'm sorry, you want justice, you're mad. whatever. but shut up Kristina. because the man you are talking to has caused a whole lot more grief to a whole lot more people and took a lot more children away from people. 

Also it gets so tiring about the whole "Dad i hate your way of life." something bad happens. "Dad, I need you to go all mob mafia on someone"

Willow and Drew are so thirsty for each other lol. 

Nina is such a puppy dog. Michael. you could try to look a little less constipated. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Because there's an equally long laundry list going through my head about the crimes that Sonny and Carly did to the Quartermaines. Kristina's whole why wont you do something, Ava is living life while she should pay. like. ya know. yeah. that would be nice. and the whole "She killed Connie and didn't pay!!" Sonny barely paid for killing AJ. So. no. I'm sorry, you want justice, you're mad. whatever. but shut up Kristina. because the man you are talking to has caused a whole lot more grief to a whole lot more people and took a lot more children away from people. 

I think Kristina gets a pass right now for what she's saying. She thinks making Ava suffer will somehow make her own suffering less gut wrenching and endless. She's been through major trauma, has multiple internal injuries, had 2 major surgeries, and the baby died. She's focused on the hateful things Ava said to her just before the trauma and Ava's other recent actions that have hurt her and her family, in addition to Ava's part in Morgan's death years ago. As Alexis told Sonny, Kristina is very fragile right now. 

There is a laundry list of crimes Sonny and Carly committed, true. But plenty of those occurred before Kristina ever existed.  Yes, Sonny barely paid for killing AJ. However, that event was not within Kristina's world as a self-focused teen/young adult. I don't know if she ever met AJ.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Can Heather and Ava go on the run together? Heather exhausts me even though she's not on that much, and Ava needs a break.

Ugh, it's always annoying to see Michael pretend to be a businessman. He's such a lightweight. I hope he's completely DESTROYED when he finds out about Willow and Drew. (I know he'll be insufferable, but give me my schadenfreude!)

21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Also it gets so tiring about the whole "Dad i hate your way of life." something bad happens. "Dad, I need you to go all mob mafia on someone"

Ugh, I know. And there's never an acknowledgement of any hypocrisy or the fact that a violent mob reprisal is WRONG. Shut up, Kristina.

LOL that the MetroCourt elevator stalls. That's quite the 5-star hotel Carly and Olivia are running.

Calling Spencer a "prankster" is an understatement, to say the least, Laura. Spencer committed ELECTION FRAUD.

4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think Kristina gets a pass right now for what she's saying.

It's one thing to say you want someone dead when it's hypothetical, but Kristina knows Sonny has the means to actually murder Ava. Kristina gets no pass from me.

Did I hear correctly, and McConkey is worried that Drew isn't doing enough to get the support of the school board for his candidacy? Drew is running for Congress, not some local PC position.

Gag, Carly and Brennan flirt tomorrow.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I haven't felt much good about the writing on the show these days but I id like Alexis and Sonny as angle/devil about what Kristina wants to happen. It's good soap, it makes sense given that Alexis is a lawyer and Sonny is a mobster, and it brings in some of the show's history.

Has Blaze come to see Kristina yet?

I don't know why Laura would want to be Portia's friend other than that Portia is Trina's mother and she's connected to Trina through Spencer. Portia is nice to look at but I cannot see any redeeming moral qualities in her.

Am I supposed to be rooting for Drew/Willow? Because I saw a lot more sparks with Nina in that last scene than I ever was with Willow.

Today's show reminded me that Katelyn MacMullen  was very good i the scenes of Willow mourning Jonah but she needs strong material to to be interesting to watch. Most of the time Willow is  milquetoast.

48 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

A couple previews make me sick: TJ speaking unkindly to Molly; Natalia tearfully asking Kristina (while she's still in bed in the hospital!) to break up with Blaze. 

Maybe it will be enough to get Molly to break up with TJ. The insights we've had into the relationship lately make me think that he is an anchor on her. He's judgemental, he jumps to conclusions without getting information and if he does do what Molly wants, it's grudgingly and future ammunition.

With a better show-runner, Cates would be staying and Natalia would be going. This show doesn't need yet another vindictive woman who thinks that she knows better than anyone else how other people should live (hello Carly, hello Portia) . Unfortunately it feels like Natalia is staying and Cates is on the long road to nowhere.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think Kristina gets a pass right now for what she's saying. She thinks making Ava suffer will somehow make her own suffering less gut wrenching and endless. She been through major trauma, has multiple internal injuries, had 2 major surgeries, and the baby died. She's focused on the hateful things Ava said to her just before the trauma and Ava's other recent actions that have hurt her and her family, in addition to Ava's part in Morgan's death years ago. As Alexis told Sonny, Kristina is very fragile right now. 

There is a laundry list of crimes Sonny and Carly committed, true. But plenty of those occurred before Kristina ever existed.  Yes, Sonny barely paid for killing AJ. However, that event was not within Kristina's world as a self-focused teen/young adult. I don't know if she ever met AJ.

no i get it. and honestly if it was Kristina to anyone else - like if she was saying this to Alexis even I could just be able to see it as grief and pain and trauma and she wants it all out.  but it's to Sonny.  and it's on the show because it just takes me right out of it. having Sonny mumble Ava will pay for what she's done legit makes my sympathy evaporate here and that's not even Kristina's fault.  (and i did see the Alexis/Sonny Convo - that was really good by Alexis telling her if Sonny actually does that, when Kristina is back to normal that would be a black mark on her soul). 

and it is kind of hypocritical (like i said) but again I get it's coming from grief so i can get it - it's just ironic how ALL of Sonny's kids (minus dante, but +1 modifer in joss) always want Sonny to get down and dirty when it benefits them. 

but as i said - because it's Sonny, and Sonny is like yasss the BENSONHURST WILL RISE AGAIN!!! all mobby and Ava will suffer - and it just makes me remember. I remember Edward shouting at Sonny how many more of his family was he going to take away from him, and Sonny choking Edward out because he didn't like what he heard. Monica screaming that there was no one else for Jason to get because they were all dead because of Jason & Sonny's actions. And Kristina is saying this to someone she knows is not listening to this and being "poor lamb, she'll pay." in a "she'll rot in jail kind of way." she's saying this to someone  is is saying "poor lamb she'll pay, and I'll make it happen, just give me time." sort of way and grief or not that is just a no go for me. 

that's basically all I mean. like the show took me right out of something that could be so real - Kristina wants someone to suffer because she's suffering. that's a normal human reaction and i'd usually be there for it. But she's saying it to someone who caused more people to suffer who never even paid for 1 iota for it. He's supposed to be the hero even in all of this - and it just stops me from being in the scene or in the moment becuse if someone had been able to take out Sonny or keep his "claustrophobic behind" in jail, then a lot of people wouldn't have gone through similar pain of loss and pain that Kristina is going through and I don't think that's the feeling the show wanted me to have. 

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I know. And there's never an acknowledgement of any hypocrisy or the fact that a violent mob reprisal is WRONG. Shut up, Kristina.

pretty much this. it's. "I got hurt, so you murder them, and life is good." then the reprisal comes and someone else gets JUST as a hurt, rinse repeat.

I saw in a different clip that Kristina is asking herself why did she go there, and I get she's still mad at Ava - but she's not saying to anyone that Ava did not push her. and I understand and get that Ava probably shouldn't have grabbed her arm or anything - be pissed all you want, want revenge all you want - but at least acknowledge that you weren't pushed please. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that the MetroCourt elevator stalls. That's quite the 5-star hotel Carly and Olivia are running.

Calling Spencer a "prankster" is an understatement, to say the least, Laura. Spencer committed ELECTION FRAUD

Between the flimsy windows and the elevator breaking down, someone should be calling the inspector about unsafe conditions.

Laura still doesn't know about the election fraud, does she?

• Like 7
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Laura still doesn't know about the election fraud, does she?

I doubt it. I just don't see Laura staying as mayor (and defending herself to the people who wanted her thrown from office) if she knew she didn't earn it on her own merit. but i mean who knows at this point.

14 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

This show is getting worse and worse. 

yeeupp

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

This show is getting worse and worse. 

Well, Mulcahey is now officially gone, and Frank was messing with his material shortly after he was officially on, so what can you expect? And the asshat that was fired is now back.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, Mulcahey is now officially gone, and Frank was messing with his material shortly after he was officially on, so what can you expect? And the asshat that was fired is now back.

that's the one i don't get. Chris gets fired. then you bring him back. like why? there's a reason why you fired him lol like come on now. 

• Like 7
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's basically all I mean. like the show took me right out of something that could be so real - Kristina wants someone to suffer because she's suffering. that's a normal human reaction and i'd usually be there for it. But she's saying it to someone who caused more people to suffer who never even paid for 1 iota for it. He's supposed to be the hero even in all of this - and it just stops me from being in the scene or in the moment becuse if someone had been able to take out Sonny or keep his "claustrophobic behind" in jail, then a lot of people wouldn't have gone through similar pain of loss and pain that Kristina is going through and I don't think that's the feeling the show wanted me to have.

THIS. All day, every day.  When PM was made head writer, there seemed to be an effort to add some nuance to the mob BS, but it very quickly dissolved into the piece of excrement we see today.  As much as I'd like to dip back in when Rick Hearst arrives, I'm not sure I can handle the poor excuse for storytelling that awaits his character. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

but at least acknowledge that you weren't pushed please.

Not only is she not correcting others who are saying Ava pushed her , SHE'S saying Ava pushed her.  Now whether that's legitinately what she remembers or if it's how she wants to remember, she's saying it.  We haven't seen her be interviewed by the police, but if she did offscreen than she told them Ava pushed her.  

• Angry 2
45 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I just don't see Laura staying as mayor (and defending herself to the people who wanted her thrown from office) if she knew she didn't earn it on her own merit.

She didn’t. IIRC that election was canceled and they had to hold a new one. So she won fair and square but Spencer’s actions never came to light except for Charlotte and Sonny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Not only is she not correcting others who are saying Ava pushed her , SHE'S saying Ava pushed her.  Now whether that's legitinately what she remembers or if it's how she wants to remember, she's saying it.  We haven't seen her be interviewed by the police, but if she did offscreen than she told them Ava pushed her.  

See if this was a different show - i would believe she doesn't remember the actual fall - and someone said Ava pushed her so she's parroting it and it will come out to light. 

but I have a feeling this is going to be a "Nina knew for like a year!" when she only knew for less than that situation in regards to Sonny being Mike. Yipeee.  eyeroll

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I doubt it. I just don't see Laura staying as mayor (and defending herself to the people who wanted her thrown from office) if she knew she didn't earn it on her own merit. but i mean who knows at this point.

I thought the same thing. If there has been a scene of Laura finding out about what Spencer did, I missed it. 

I really hope all this emphasis about Laura's lack of family/family connections for Ace is part of the set-up for Lucky's return rather than an indication we're going to see more of Heather. She is not needed. I personally would love to see Lucky develop relationships with his own son and his two nephews (or 3, if the show brings Spencer back either with NAC or a re-cast.)

When Curtis and Portia got married, TJ said Trina is like a sister to him. I want Molly to ask him, how would he feel if Trina had been their surrogate and she (Molly) had treated her during the pregnancy and behaved now, as he has been toward Kristina?

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
42 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If there has been a scene of Laura finding out about what Spencer did, I missed it.

Aa @Sake614 stated, Laura never knew, and there was another election where she won fair and square.

Sigh. I’m already sick and weary of Kristina’s “My Baby, My Baby” while technically true, baby was going to become Molly’s. Unless she had planned to fight for custody. Which we will never know now. And does she not have pictures of her pregnant self on her own phone that she can talk to said baby?

Shut up, Portia.

And also please STFU, you SLS.

• Like 5

Ugh.  This show.

So many plotlines that have either been abruptly dropped or undergone a complete about face.  Among them:

Elizabeth and Finn----not a goodbye scene and nary a mention of him since he left.  She doesn't exactly look broken up from the loss of this years' long relationship and blending of families.

A few weeks ago, the entire town gained the realization that Sonny is actually a bad guy, not just based on his unmedicated behavior, but based on history.  Fast forward to today, when Anna explains not pursuing him because the PCPD hasn't had success in the past....and then implies that Cates is irrationally vengeful for trying to do the job the whole town wanted him to do those few weeks ago.

Kristina once tolerated her father's mobster identity, then became frightened of it, and now her maternal instincts are telling her to embrace it, and call for a hit on Ava, the person who did not push her out a window.

And, while we're on dropped story lines---who killed Austin, and why?

Just a sampling.  But I get irritated because the writers are paid to do this.  They are supposed to be better at this than we could be.  They are not. A change of writing teams should be seamless, and storylines should evolve organically.  They do not.  

There are some very good veteran characters on this show, some with a boatload of history to plumb and bring into contact with the younger characters. There are even some very promising young characters.  But they need to be given to the hands of talented writers, to be nurtured and nourished and grown.  And they are not.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8

I am also going to add this to the pile. 

Carly can not go to jail. [according to Sonny]. because Donna needs her mother
Sonny is though going to take full custody again from Ava because he doesn't like her, screw Avery. 

Kristina is screaming "TAKE OUT AVA SHE TOOK MY BABY." (i'm acknowledging her hurt). Ava is in jail, Sonny says she can stay there she's never going to get out - but we're not going to acknowledge that Avery who loves her mother very much has to deal with her mom in jail, and you're OBVIOUSLY considering taking her out, Sonny since Alexis is like "you really can not do this for Kristina's sake." (not going to hold Alexis for not mentioning Avery that's not her concern)  - but it SHOULD be Sonny's. 

and EVERYONE knows how much Avery and losing Kiki meant to Ava - so regardless of anything on this planet - there is no way anyone should be thinking Ava would have done this intentionally. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and EVERYONE knows how much Avery and losing Kiki meant to Ava - so regardless of anything on this planet - there is no way anyone should be thinking Ava would have done this intentionally. 

Meh...but it happened in the blink of an eye.  I can see people jumping to that conclusion.  Ava often acts first and thinks later.  So while it didn't happen the way Kristina is claiming--and I'm not of the opinion she's deliberately lying about that--that others think it isn't my problem with this stupid storyline.

26 minutes ago, JMO said:

Elizabeth and Finn----not a goodbye scene and nary a mention of him since he left.  She doesn't exactly look broken up from the loss of this years' long relationship and blending of families.

To be fair, Elizabeth has only been on-screen a few times since Finn left, and when she has been on, the focus has been on Jake's future in art school abroad or as a prop in the irritating Laura/Heather/Portia storyline. The only exception I know of is the episode this week where Portia complimented her work and then she was tending to the Donna (non) emergency. 

Violet is in BLQ and Chase's care, spending a lot of time with other kids at the Quartermaine mansion, so Elizabeth knows she doesn't have to worry about her safety or feeling alone now. 

I think the sense of loss of the family feeling in the home may be addressed between Elizabeth and Aiden in the future, right before Lucky appears in Port Charles.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Violet is in BLQ and Chase's care, spending a lot of time with other kids at the Quartermaine mansion, so Elizabeth knows she doesn't have to worry about her safety or feeling alone now. 

The Monica Quartermaine Home for Kids Whose Parents Don't Parent Good

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 18
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

To be fair, Elizabeth has only been on-screen a few times since Finn left, and when she has been on, the focus has been on Jake's future in art school abroad or as a prop in the irritating Laura/Heather/Portia storyline. The only exception I know of is the episode this week where Portia complimented her work and then she was tending to the Donna (non) emergency. 

You're more forgiving than I am about this.  I agree that these were her scenes, but I would argue that there should have been more.  With good, comprehensive, emotional storytelling, there would have been.  These writers are very skilled at not dotting the 'i's, nor crossing the 't's.  All it takes is a few lines, someone inquiring about her well-being, whether she's been in touch with Finn, or seen Violet.  She doesn't have to be pining, though it would be understandable if she was.  But, to my mind, there needed to be some closure on what was supposed to have been a significant relationship.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When Curtis and Portia got married, TJ said Trina is like a sister to him. I want Molly to ask him, how would he feel if Trina had been their surrogate and she (Molly) had treated her during the pregnancy and behaved now, as he has been toward Kristina?

I don't think that Molly would, and that's the problem. TJ doesn't think that he did anything wrong, if anything he didn't control Kristina enough. He has not only been an asshole through this, he is so dominant in their relationship that Molly has to plead or manipulate to get what she wants.

Not looking good, Molly.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 11
(edited)

I assume this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't like Ally's Heather, and I don't think she deserved that second emmy.  I can see the first one because when paired with the absolutely amazing Jon Lindstrom, and they were putting on that Heather and Ryan Batshit Hour, it was very entertaining!  But now it's all very weird expressions and nasal whining.  I'm sorry but this is not a performance you jump through hoops and destroy other characters to keep.  I wish she was gone.  In my opinion her acting this year has been...not good. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I assume this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't like Ally's Heather, and I don't think she deserved that second emmy.  I can see the first one because when paired with the absolutely amazing Jon Lindstrom, and they were putting on that Heather and Ryan Batshit Hour, it was very entertaining!  But now it's all very weird expressions and nasal whining.  I'm sorry but this is not a performance you jump through hoops and destroy other characters to keep.  I wish she was gone.  In my opinion her acting this year has been...not good. 

And she ain't Heather, at least not the one I remember from Robin Mattson's day. Not sure how much of the current iteration is the actress, the writers, the directors, or all of the above, but whoever she is, she ain't Heather.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
16 hours ago, Daisy said:

we're not going to acknowledge that Avery who loves her mother very much has to deal with her mom in jail

Avery has Mommy Carly—what does she need Ava for? /s

58 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Not sure how much of the current iteration is the actress, the writers, the directors, or all of the above, but whoever she is, she ain't Heather.

All of the above. FV loves Ally Mills, which is why we're seeing Heather again. I really wish there were someone who could curb Frank's weakness for shoving actors he likes into the show regardless of if they fit. I think Josh Kelly is a decent hire, and Cody has some value, even if I hate that he's Mac's son. Cody isn't shoved down our throats, and JK/Cody has an easy charm. 

Heather is always dialed up to 11 even when she isn't caterwauling about being in pain, and this whole metal-poisoning story is bringing out the worst in a lot of  people (hi, Portia!) for very little payoff. Do a lot of viewers think Heather got a raw deal and should be reformed? Say she does go free. What then? She has no place on the canvas except as one of the current bogeymen. Heather has done enough bad stuff throughout her life that I don't want to see her redeemed. Keep her in Pentonville and give her a shoutout every so often when Laura goes to visit her offscreen.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Did I hear correctly, and McConkey is worried that Drew isn't doing enough to get the support of the school board for his candidacy? Drew is running for Congress, not some local PC position.

It must be a particularly influential school board. :-)

Although, to be fair, in our recent election, the voting guide included info about all the candidates, including the groups that supported and endorsed them, so maybe Drew has to build up those credentials. I think time is getting a little short, so Drew should be spending a lot more time meeting with groups and giving speeches, etc. than he's doing. Does he even have a campaign manager? That person should be coordinating things. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think this is one reason Kristina shouldn't have been allowed to see the pictures (not that anyone could have prevented that given how many people have copies now). If her memory is still fuzzy on the details, then seeing the pictures can "implant" a memory that isn't actually hers, but is a conclusion drawn from the images. Memory is not as reliable as we'd like to think.

Whenever I read a memoire, I marvel that people "remember" things in such details. It is possible that they kept detailed journals, but is that very common? In a time when people can barely be bothered to write Christmas cards or emails, why would they keep journals? I think they depend on their personal memories, which can be unreliable. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina would blame Ava even if she (Kristina) hadn't seen the pictures. There's no way she would say it was an accident.

It is not the first time that she has lied about a crime (real or otherwise) that involved her.

26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It is not the first time that she has lied about a crime (real or otherwise) that involved her.

As Ethan can attest to. 

The pictures are still ridiculous.  If someone were attacking you and you were fearful for your safety, you wouldn't put your hand on their shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The pictures are still ridiculous.  If someone were attacking you and you were fearful for your safety, you wouldn't put your hand on their shoulder. 

Did that happen? I don’t feel like trying to find the clip or rewatching, but all I can remember is Ava reaching for Kristina’s wrist, and barely touching before Kristina pulled back and told her not to touch her. And that led to her tripping and  doing the triple twist fall.

Then there is the fact that Ava’s room is on the 8th floor, from the number on her door, but everyone is saying Kristina fell “three stories” into the pool. Idiot writers can’t be bothered to watch what was done before because we know that they don’t read what previous writers wrote.

• Like 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Ava was trying to create the narrative that Kristina was a) very angry b) probably bi-polar like her father and c) extremely hormonal because of being near the end of her pregnancy. She told Dante that Kristina was out-of-control and attacking her before she found out that there were pictures because Sonny had her under surveillance. 

@GHScorpiosRule Ava grabbed Kristina's lower bicep when she snapped 'don't threaten me' and Kristina yanked her arm back forcefully as she stepped back onto/into Jagger's bag.  Because of where Ava grabbed Kristina and the position of Ava's fingers when Kristina moved backwards, I can see why it looks like Ava pushed her in the last photo. 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Ava grabbed Kristina's lower bicep when she snapped 'don't threaten me' and Kristina yanked her arm back forcefully as she stepped back onto/into Jagger's bag.

Thanks. I knew it was something or other. Thanks for clarifying.

51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Ava was trying to create the narrative that Kristina was a) very angry b) probably bi-polar like her father and c) extremely hormonal because of being near the end of her pregnancy. She told Dante that Kristina was out-of-control and attacking her before she found out that there were pictures because Sonny had her under surveillance. 

I'm referring to the blocking of the scene.  First of all, Ava, at no point in the scene put her hand on Kristina's shoulder, yet there are two clear photos of her doing so.  The original video sequence does not show Ava touching Kristina, other than the arm grab, which could not be photographed from the angle that is seen outside the hotel room.  Unless you had an x-ray vision camera. 

It's stupid.  Just like they can tap into video cameras around Port Charles and suddenly locate a person they are seeking.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Then there is the fact that Ava’s room is on the 8th floor, from the number on her door, but everyone is saying Kristina fell “three stories” into the pool. Idiot writers can’t be bothered to watch what was done before because we know that they don’t read what previous writers wrote.

I wondered this, too, but then I realized that that pool area is not at the bottom level of the hotel. It has to be higher up. Most hotel pools would be on the roof for the best sunlight and to minimize the noise from the pool for the other guests, but I have seen a few where they are lower down. Anyway... I think the idea is that the pool is on Floor 5 and Ava's room is on Floor 8 (as seen by the room number) so Kristina fell 3 stories into the pool. Luckily, they have such an unusual pool setup, without a wide surround (or any surround) on all sides of the pool or she might have landed on hard material instead of in the water. 

• Like 1
On 8/9/2024 at 1:36 PM, dubbel zout said:

Can Heather and Ava go on the run together? Heather exhausts me even though she's not on that much, and Ava needs a break.

Ugh, it's always annoying to see Michael pretend to be a businessman. He's such a lightweight. I hope he's completely DESTROYED when he finds out about Willow and Drew. (I know he'll be insufferable, but give me my schadenfreude!)

Calling Spencer a "prankster" is an understatement, to say the least, Laura. Spencer committed ELECTION FRAUD.

It's one thing to say you want someone dead when it's hypothetical, but Kristina knows Sonny has the means to actually murder Ava. Kristina gets no pass from me.

Do the writers understand that they’re making us hate the ‘vicitms’ and root for the ‘villains’?  After all the insufferable bullshit from Team Kristina, I’m 100% on board with Team Ava.  Except for Jagger.  He’s a massive idiot.  And the FBI works in no way how Show is representing them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Maybe Drew courting the school board will become a major subplot.  And is he running as an independent?  The New York primary was a month ago, and there’s been no mention of that.  

These writers are the most ignorant people in the professional writing world.

On 8/9/2024 at 1:37 PM, statsgirl said:

I haven't felt much good about the writing on the show these days but I id like Alexis and Sonny as angle/devil about what Kristina wants to happen. It's good soap, it makes sense given that Alexis is a lawyer and Sonny is a mobster, and it brings in some of the show's history.

I don't know why Laura would want to be Portia's friend other than that Portia is Trina's mother and she's connected to Trina through Spencer. Portia is nice to look at but I cannot see any redeeming moral qualities in her.

Am I supposed to be rooting for Drew/Willow? Because I saw a lot more sparks with Nina in that last scene than I ever was with Willow.

Today's show reminded me that Katelyn MacMullen  was very good i the scenes of Willow mourning Jonah but she needs strong material to to be interesting to watch. Most of the time Willow is  milquetoast.

Maybe it will be enough to get Molly to break up with TJ. The insights we've had into the relationship lately make me think that he is an anchor on her. He's judgemental, he jumps to conclusions without getting information and if he does do what Molly wants, it's grudgingly and future ammunition.

With a better show-runner, Cates would be staying and Natalia would be going. This show doesn't need yet another vindictive woman who thinks that she knows better than anyone else how other people should live (hello Carly, hello Portia) . Unfortunately it feels like Natalia is staying and Cates is on the long road to nowhere.

I’m so sick of Portia’s shrill bleating about anyone who wrongs her precious spawn.  The writing on this show excels at taking extremely attractive women (Portia, Carly, Josslyn) and making them totally repellent.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
On 8/9/2024 at 1:37 PM, statsgirl said:

TJ has certainly become an unlikable character.  At least he isn’t Portia’s son.  I don’t think I can bear much more of her screeching about Trina as is it is.  If TJ was her son I don’t think I could take it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

@GHScorpiosRule Ava grabbed Kristina's lower bicep when she snapped 'don't threaten me' and Kristina yanked her arm back forcefully as she stepped back onto/into Jagger's bag.  Because of where Ava grabbed Kristina and the position of Ava's fingers when Kristina moved backwards, I can see why it looks like Ava pushed her in the last photo. 

A hotel window shouldn’t have shattered with that amount of impact.  A fun storyline would be Ava and Kristina both suing the Metrocurt for millions.

• LOL 8

The only way I would be interested in seeing the Metrocourt sued is if they keep Nina out of it and Carly actually lost. I doubt either of those things would happen under Korte's reign of terror.

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

The only way I would be interested in seeing the Metrocourt sued is if they keep Nina out of it and Carly actually lost. I doubt either of those things would happen under Korte's reign of terror.

Because the bad guys (Carly, Sonny, all the little Carlys) must win.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2024 at 5:07 PM, Mirabelle said:

The Monica Quartermaine Home for Kids Whose Parents Don't Parent Good

I’m hearing that on Zoolander’s voice.

18 hours ago, lilabennet said:

It wouldn’t matter in the end.  Someone would just lay the judgement for Carly, because she’s so super independent and doesn’t need a man solving her problems.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, Suicidy said:

TJ has certainly become an unlikable character.  At least he isn’t Portia’s son.  I don’t think I can bear much more of her screeching about Trina as is it is.  If TJ was her son I don’t think I could take it.

I can remember when Curtis barged into Jordan's office (while they were still married/before Portia's first day at GH) and demanded to know if Trina was her daughter from an affair with Taggert. It's still laughable to me that Curtis had no idea that Portia had been living with Trina in Port Charles for years and was a doctor at Mercy. 

Between Portia's screeching and Jordan acting like Molly is unworthy of TJ, I can't stand either one of them. I can only hope that if Jordan says one word around Molly about Kristina being reckless or having poor judgement, Molly points out she has no right to judge since her only child was conceived in an affair with her husband's friend. 

• Like 6