Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't even talk about Millow. They make me want to scratch someone's eyes out. Especially Michael. The sun apparently shines out of his ass and this whole dynamic with his character is just messed up.

Same.  And Willow has lost any semblance of an independent personality since she's been with him.  Everything is about what he wants, and what Wiley wants.  I'm sure if she found out about his vendetta against Sonny she'd not only support it, but invite Dex  over for Christmas dinner.

• Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Same.  And Willow has lost any semblance of an independent personality since she's been with him.  Everything is about what he wants, and what Wiley wants.  I'm sure if she found out about his vendetta against Sonny she'd not only support it, but invite Dex  over for Christmas dinner.

She's pushback for 5 seconds before she'd fall in line and tell Michael how he knows best and how perfect he is. I think that's the most infuriating part about this couple. At least she's pushing back about her cancer with the not wanting anyone to find out, but that's because it's a plot point.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Why can’t the actor who plays Michael actually look at other people? He looks left, looks right, looks up, looks down. How about some interaction with the other actors in your scenes?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Why can’t the actor who plays Michael actually look at other people? He looks left, looks right, looks up, looks down. How about some interaction with the other actors in your scenes?

I was thinking this same thing today!  So weird.  I do agree with the stupid shit about one thing though, he said he was only picking up a friend vibe between Drew and Carly.  I totally agree and wish their stupid “relationship” would just stop, my second hand embarrassment can’t take it.

I liked the talk between Dante and Sonny.  The fact is they are on opposite sides of the law.  Dante was struggling with this, and Sonny said that if Dante ever needs to arrest him, that’s ok.  He will still love him.  I thought that was nice. (Of course I’m having to forget the time Sonny shot his own son/a cop point blank to be able to enjoy their relationship now). 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Dante and Sonny's relationship is made even more weird by Dante's current girlfriend being  Sonny's ex, who was pregnant with his child.  Sam mentioning Lidella to Sasha the other day brought this to the forefront.

• Like 2

Ugh, back to "Nina is OMG TEH EVUL!!1!" from everyone. Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! /Dawn, BtVS

It cracks me up how Sonny is all about loyalty, but only when it goes to him.

I love Britt's idea of having a giant birthday bash. I suppose this is KT's exit. I hope she's able to go out on a relative high note. (I give it a 50-50 chance.) Britt and Austin as a couple is such a waste opportunity, TFGH.

"The more you are feeding into your anger, the more you're letting him win." Think about that vis-à-vis Nina, Willow, huh? Good grief, the rank hypocrisy.

It's hard to root for someone whining about not getting an inheritance that isn't theirs in the first place, Show. Leopold Taub being a terrible person doesn't change that. And Cody being a dick isn't helping, either.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7

I know that we are supposed to be on Carly's side hiding that Nina is Willow's mother, but the longer this goes on, and the more things she does to hide it, the worse she is.

Valentin trying to get information from Felicia was fun. Olivia with Robert was not.

Shut up Cody. This show wasted Britt on you when she could have been with Austin.

Why did Sonny buy Dex's explanation that he didn't get in touch with Sonny because he wanted "to minimize [Joss'] exposure"? What does that even mean?

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I liked the talk between Dante and Sonny.  The fact is they are on opposite sides of the law.  Dante was struggling with this, and Sonny said that if Dante ever needs to arrest him, that’s ok.  He will still love him.  I thought that was nice.

They're both acting like adults, a rarity on the Corinthos side of the show.

• Like 4
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Olivia with Robert was not [fun].

What a completely unnecessary scene. LiLoC must have needed to meet her minimum with that, because it did absolutely nothing. There are more appropriate people Robert can talk to about Holly. Mac, Felicia, and Laura are three that come to mind immediately.

DO BETTER, SHOW.

• Applause 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know that we are supposed to be on Carly's side hiding that Nina is Willow's mother, but the longer this goes on, and the more things she does to hide it, the worse she is.

Are we though? This is what I don't get. Carly is actively keeping Nina away from her kid, even though the thing that caused the rift between Carly and Nina in the first place was her not fessing up about the one who took a dive off a cliff. Carly isn't even trying to make amends. Instead, she's about to sabotage Drew's efforts.

Today, December 5, 2022 at 4:20PM, I am going to say that Dex is very probably the son of someone Sonny killed or had killed. His insistence about continuing with this plot makes it look like this is his vendetta as much as it is Michael's.

Why do they keep sending Olivia into Robert's orbit. Leave the man be.

That storyline with Holly was not good. I thought it was a waste of time.

Cody still talking about a necklace he knows doesn't belong to him. And this dickwad needs to leave Britt alone.

I feel I was robbed of a Britt/Austin pairing. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Are we though?

I think we are, especially as the show so blatantly doubles down on Nina-as-meddler. It's not working for a lot of us (i.e., posters here), but it seems like elsewhere people are buying it. I don't get it, but the world is a weird place sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Britt and Austin as a couple is such a waste opportunity, TFGH.

Just imagine if they would have brought RoHo on as Stephen Lars.  He with the crazy mother Heather, Britt with the crazy father Faison........ oh the possibilities.

39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin trying to get information from Felicia was fun.

I was trying to figure that out. Valentin knows where Anna is right? Was he just trying to  find out how much Felicia knew?

• Applause 3
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin trying to get information from Felicia was fun. Olivia with Robert was not.

Ditto! During those scenes with Olivia, I was yelling:STFU and mind your own fucking business!

It’s silly and stupid, but I so enjoyed the scenes with Robert and Laura because these two were around and involved with the original Ice Princess caper so many years ago! It’s also the story that gave us Robert!Fucking!Scorpio!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Today, December 5, 2022 at 4:20PM, I am going to say that Dex is very probably the son of someone Sonny killed or had killed. His insistence about continuing with this plot makes it look like this is his vendetta as much as it is Michael's.

I'm sooo hoping he's Aj's son.  That would be the best story we've gotten in a while.  For a long time I wanted AJ back, but that ship sailed long ago.  But this I really want. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I'm sooo hoping he's Aj's son.

Who do I pay to get this to happen.  I was trying to figure out if it would be icky because of Joss, but she would only be his half brother (Michael's) half sister so I'm good.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why do they keep sending Olivia into Robert's orbit. Leave the man be.

Especially since she's married and shouldn't be sniffing around him.  Why couldnt' that have been Diane

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Especially since she's married and shouldn't be sniffing around

Please No. Laura can be the shoulder. They both have a long history of being friends.

I just 🙄 at this turn of Robert mourning the loss of Holly again since the last few times since she returned (circa 2006), she didn’t give any bluedilly FUCKS about him. It was some man she “loved” that had her holding the antidote for ransom, and then it was all LukeLukeLuke.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I'm sooo hoping he's Aj's son.  That would be the best story we've gotten in a while.  For a long time I wanted AJ back, but that ship sailed long ago.  But this I really want. 

I would love this, but only if he kept that anger and loyalty to A.J. And that’s never allowed to happen. Isn’t that how Courtney started out on the show?

But also if he were A.J.’s son, wouldn’t Dex hate Carly just as much as Sonny? Ha maybe he could be using Joss for that reason. Would be fun but won’t happen. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, racked said:
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I would love this, but only if he kept that anger and loyalty to A.J. And that’s never allowed to happen. Isn’t that how Courtney started out on the show?

But also if he were A.J.’s son, wouldn’t Dex hate Carly just as much as Sonny? Ha maybe he could be using Joss for that reason. Would be fun but won’t happen. 

This is where I am, too. Michael doesn't need another person telling him he's the bestest ever, and given how Michael has forgiven Sonny for killing AJ (the real reason he should have a forever grudge against Sonny, not this inane reason with Nina), Dex and Michael should be at odds. But that will never happen, just as Carly won't be held accountable for her behavior toward AJ. Dr. Drewfus will force Dex to see her side of things. Ugh. No, thanks. Let Dex be some rando who's working out his guilt from being in the service.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

[Joss] would only be [Dex's] half brother (Michael's) half sister

Uh, writers? This is why not everyone on the show should be related to someone else on the show.

• Love 6

Carly; "Nina picked a fight with Willow."

Me: THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

Drew: "Geez, she's relentless."

Me: And YOU'RE BOTH A DOORMAT AND IDIOT FOR JUST TAKING CARLY"S WORD ON EVERYTHING.

Then of course there's Willow, dodging lightning bolts with her "let the anger go" talk to Michael about Sonny while she stokes the flames of her irrational hate of Nina.  God, they're all the worst.

Also, I really wish Joss would get hooked, as she's so intent on refusing to be careful with a killer on the loose. 

• Applause 13
  • Love 3

I didn't like Olivia's scenes with Robert but better her than Diane. The mob mouthpieces shouldn't be anywhere near Robert except across the court room from him.

All this "Nina is the devil" coming from Willow and Drew, and especially Carly who is actively working to keep Nina's second daughter from her having chased her first to her death, make them ugly.

6 hours ago, Blackie said:

Valentin knows where Anna is right? Was he just trying to  find out how much Felicia knew?

I remember it as Anna refusing to tell Valentin where she is going for reasons (protect him? Victor couldn't get it out of him?). So he doesn't know where Anna is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, CeChase said:

God no, because then this silly show will once again forget how wills and inhertance work, and they will once again have Dex lobbying for a piece of ELQ.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Then of course there's Willow, dodging lightning bolts with her "let the anger go" talk to Michael about Sonny while she stokes the flames of her irrational hate of Nina.

I don't think it is irrational. Nina has gone after Willow since she was Charlotte's teacher and has treated her terribly most times than not. And since Willow doesn't know that Nina is her biological mother, she has no reason to try especially as Nina continues to actively show her disdain to Willow.

Michelle Stafford's Nina was over the top when it came to Charlotte, but CW's Nina has been reasonable. The fighting with Nina has really come from Carly first with her hatred of Nelle which extended to Nina as Nelle's mother, and later when Nina tried to spend time with Wylie, the only grandchild that she will ever have as far as Nina knows and Carly, Michael and Willow acted like she was the devil incarnate.

Nina's great sin was to tell Wylie that she was his grandmother because Nelle was his mother. This didn't bother Wylie but Willow completely fell apart at the idea that she wasn't Wylie's sole mother, and it was then that Carly, Michael and Willow decided that Nina was not allowed to spend time with Wylie. It went downhill from there as Willow and Michael took on Carly's vendetta at Nina for taking Sonny away.

Willow is still irrational when it comes to Wylie, even now not wanting to tell him that she's sick and that the medicine to make her better will have side effects like sometimes she will be too tired to play with him.  She has serious issues between not having dealt with the loss of her first child and falling into the Carly cult, and none of that is on Nina.

54 minutes ago, nilyank said:

as Nina continues to actively show her disdain to Willow.

Most of that lately is a reaction to how Willow treats her. Nina was pleasant to Willow when she went to ask her to help Sasha until Willow started going off on her about how selfish Nina is for asking Sasha to organize decorating the plaza (wrongly since Sasha was glad of the opportunity to help). Nina was wrong about TJ but it's not an unreasonable reaction since Willow had been attacking her for months for breaking up Sonny's family and what Nina saw seemed like Willow was doing the same.  And it's not unreasonable because as much as Willow wants to pretend she's pure and virtuous, she's already cheated on one husband with her current one.

• Applause 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Most of that lately is a reaction to how Willow treats her. Nina was pleasant to Willow when she went to ask her to help Sasha until Willow started going off on her about how selfish Nina is for asking Sasha to organize decorating the plaza (wrongly since Sasha was glad of the opportunity to help). Nina was wrong about TJ but it's not an unreasonable reaction since Willow had been attacking her for months for breaking up Sonny's family and what Nina saw seemed like Willow was doing the same.  And it's not unreasonable because as much as Willow wants to pretend she's pure and virtuous, she's already cheated on one husband with her current one.

here's my issue with the whole thing. Regardless of who started it (and I can't remember who called who selfish first, and I don't really care), Willow looked terrible.  Nina might not know she has leukemia but she does know she's pregnant.  Willow was sweaty and pale.  Nobody in their right mind would start (or continue) an argument with a pregnant woman who looked like she was on death's door.  Plus, Willow did not seek Nina out. Nina was at her house to ask her a favor.  Take the no and leave.  She knew enough to know that Willow was on reduced hours.  Maybe she could have made the leap that Willow is having a difficult pregnancy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So just because Willow is pregnant, Nina shouldn't defend herself? I hate how the show has doubled down on Nina as OMG TEH EVUL!!1!! by having her make idiotic leaps of logic when she sees people together, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to push back when confronted. Nina made a sincere apology for the TJ mistake, yet Willow and Michael continue to bring it up. Nina has stayed away from Wiley as she was asked to do, yet Willow and Michael continue to assign seeing Wiley as the motive every time they all run into one another. Nina can't win with the dolts.

If Willow is so fragile, she shouldn't have answered the door in the first place.

• Applause 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

here's my issue with the whole thing. Regardless of who started it (and I can't remember who called who selfish first, and I don't really care), Willow looked terrible.  Nina might not know she has leukemia but she does know she's pregnant. 

My issue is that this was just bad writing of a stupid plot point. I don't believe that Nina would ever go to Willow's house for that reason. Anyways that is what the writers wrote and it did made Nina look super bad, harassing a pregnant women. Michael, Carly and Willow have acted very unreasonable towards Nina and the writers are really stretching to make it look like Nina is just as bad, Like everything else, with a little effort and thought it could be written better.

• Applause 5
  • Love 4

It's all so stupid. The writers are trying to ramp up the drama! by making the dolts and Nina ever more antagonistic, but since Carly knows Nina is Willow's mom, that really takes the wind out of the story's sail, to mix a few metaphors. And of course there will be little to no fallout when it becomes known that Carly has been sitting on that info. Yet more creative failure from this show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This is where I am, too. Michael doesn't need another person telling him he's the bestest ever, and given how Michael has forgiven Sonny for killing AJ (the real reason he should have a forever grudge against Sonny, not this inane reason with Nina), Dex and Michael should be at odds. But that will never happen, just as Carly won't be held accountable for her behavior toward AJ. Dr. Drewfus will force Dex to see her side of things. Ugh. No, thanks. Let Dex be some rando who's working out his guilt from being in the service.

Uh, writers? This is why not everyone on the show should be related to someone else on the show.

It would be better to make Dex the son of someone Sonny killed that is not related, as it would be easily believable that Sonny killed someone nobody cares about.  His deeds coming back to haunt him is a likely thing, too.  

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So just because Willow is pregnant, Nina shouldn't defend herself? I hate how the show has doubled down on Nina as OMG TEH EVUL!!1!! by having her make idiotic leaps of logic when she sees people together, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to push back when confronted. Nina made a sincere apology for the TJ mistake, yet Willow and Michael continue to bring it up. Nina has stayed away from Wiley as she was asked to do, yet Willow and Michael continue to assign seeing Wiley as the motive every time they all run into one another. Nina can't win with the dolts.

If Willow is so fragile, she shouldn't have answered the door in the first place.

She can defend herself, but she doesn't need to yell at a person who does not look at all well.  yes, I know that Willow started the yelling.  Also, it's Willow's house.  You know Willow doesn't like you.  The visit turns for the worse just leave.  It's common sense.  I've managed to live my whole life without going to an enemy's (for lack of a better word) house and getting into a yelling argument.  These are just not things people do in the real world.

I also don't let my enemies into the house just because they ask nicely.  The whole thing really made no sense and was completely contrived.  Nina could have stayed to help Sasha and rally around her. If she were worried about Sasha being alone, it made no sense to leave her alone just to go and get her friend.

Edited by Katy M
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Willow is Sasha's only friend (not that she's much of a friend right now) and Sasha is going through a very bad time right now. Yes  Nina missed that Willow was looking pale but Sasha is her concern and Willow did let her in. As far as Nina knows, Willow has 'a perfect life', loving husband, perfect child, supportive family, new career, baby on the way, so why wouldn't any decent person want to help her friend who is going through a bad time? I personally would have avoided Willow like the plague but it's not an unreasonable assumption that if Willow, who believes herself to be a good and loving person, knew how bad things were for her friend, she would want to help her.

As much as I don't like Michael, I have to give him credit for telling Willow that if Nina had known that Willow has leukemia and is undergoing chemotherapy, she would not have reacted the way she did.

ETA: in terms of a support system, now that Willow is with Michael she's got him, Joss, Brook Lynn, Chase, Sam&Dante, and Carly, Drew, Olivia/Ned and Monica in the older generation. Sasha has Nina, Gladys and workmate Maxie. That's it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

She can defend herself, but she doesn't need to yell at a person who does not look at all well.  yes, I know that Willow started the yelling.  Also, it's Willow's house.  You know Willow doesn't like you.  The visit turns for the worse just leave.  It's common sense.  I've managed to live my whole life without going to an enemy's (for lack of a better word) house and getting into a yelling argument.  These are just not things people do in the real world.

I also don't let my enemies into the house just because they ask nicely.  The whole thing really made no sense and was completely contrived.  Nina could have stayed to help Sasha and rally around her. If she were worried about Sasha being alone, it made no sense to leave her alone just to go and get her friend.

I don’t like Willow and I do like Nina but I agree with this. It could have been handled in a text and it didn’t even have to come from Willow. Sam was there helping out and Nina could have asked her to text Willow. And Willow finally looks awful but Nina gave it no notice. This is terrible contrived writing to get them fighting so that the reveal, when it happens (and God knows they’re gonna string this out as long as they can) is more impactful. But Nina didn’t come off well in this. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I must have been on the Barge when it happened, but when did the SLSs get marrit again?

Michael and Willow? I don’t think they did. They had a weird convo a few months back about getting married but it was never mentioned again. I recall Michael mentioning all of the toxicity he witnessed between Sonny and Carly growing up and him selling it like a plus because he wanted a relationship just like that. It was bizarre. I think Michael randomly brought it up again recently as well. They haven’t said why they haven’t remarried, other than the show doesn’t care all that much. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Willow is Sasha's only friend (not that she's much of a friend right now) and Sasha is going through a very bad time right now. Yes  Nina missed that Willow was looking pale but Sasha is her concern and Willow did let her in. As far as Nina knows, Willow has 'a perfect life', loving husband, perfect child, supportive family, new career, baby on the way, so why wouldn't any decent person want to help her friend who is going through a bad time? I personally would have avoided Willow like the plague but it's not an unreasonable assumption that if Willow, who believes herself to be a good and loving person, knew how bad things were for her friend, she would want to help her.

I get your point why Nina would want to recruit helpers for Sasha and why she might think Willow is a good candidate, I just can't imagine showing up at the door of a pregnant woman who hates my guts to recruit her for a physical job. I guess in RL we use phone/email/text so much, I can't imagine showing up at somebodies door for anything these days (AND I grew up in a small town where you basically showed up at doors all the time).I am applying the lens of RL too much to this show 🤣

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael and Willow? I don’t think they did. They had a weird convo a few months back about getting married but it was never mentioned again. I recall Michael mentioning all of the toxicity he witnessed between Sonny and Carly growing up and him selling it like a plus because he wanted a relationship just like that. It was bizarre. I think Michael randomly brought it up again recently as well. They haven’t said why they haven’t remarried, other than the show doesn’t care all that much. 

Thanks. I was confused because everyone here keeps referring to them being married; husband, wife. And the only wedding in very recent memory I can recall is Sasha and Brando's.

• Like 1

As much as I don't like Michael, I have to give him credit for telling Willow that if Nina had known that Willow has leukemia and is undergoing chemotherapy, she would not have reacted the way she did.

That was amazingly logical, something I didn't expect from Michael. I'm also sorry he's the one telling Willow she needs to let people know she's sick, as it really should be something Willow realizes on her own, the sooner the better.

• Love 7

Willow is Sasha's only friend (not that she's much of a friend right now) and Sasha is going through a very bad time right now.

Willow and Sasha haven't been close in a long time. But Sasha was shown bonding with Maxie over their experiences losses. Nina could have gone to Maxie, but plot point and plot point-driven storylines reign supreme on this dumb show, so we had to sit through one of the worst pieces of writings ever. 

Nina isn't stupid and she is especially not careless unless it's Willow. And Willow isn't vicious unless it's Nina.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was amazingly logical, something I didn't expect from Michael. I'm also sorry he's the one telling Willow she needs to let people know she's sick, as it really should be something Willow realizes on her own, the sooner the better.

Willow hiding the cancer diagnosis now that Michael knows and she’s started chemo is one of the dumbest plot point. The only purpose behind it is to protect Carly. Like how exhausting would it be to constantly hide how you’re feeling? All that does is ramp up the stress in her life. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

it really should be something Willow realizes on her own

Willow really has earned the sobriquet 'dolt'.

I keep forgetting that Michael and Willow aren't actually married although by this time they're legally common-law married.  (Why aren't they married? Plot point? Laziness on the part of the writers?)

Sasha and Maxie had a couple of scenes talking about losing a husband but I don't recall seeing them hang out socially outside of Deception, unlike Willow and Michael who have double dated with Sam and Dante.

24 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I get your point why Nina would want to recruit helpers for Sasha and why she might think Willow is a good candidate, I just can't imagine showing up at the door of a pregnant woman who hates my guts to recruit her for a physical job. I guess in RL we use phone/email/text so much, I can't imagine showing up at somebodies door for anything these days (AND I grew up in a small town where you basically showed up at doors all the time).I am applying the lens of RL too much to this show 🤣

Willow is in her early second trimester, which is the time when you stop having morning sickness (to protect the fetus from harmful substances) and before getting too big to move easily in the third. The second trimester is usually the time of a lot of energy for nest building so there is no reason why a healthy Willow shouldn't help decorate for Christmas.

It is easier to text these days but I can't see Willow accepting a text from Nina for whatever reason, even less a phone call.

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Willow hiding the cancer diagnosis now that Michael knows and she’s started chemo is one of the dumbest plot point. The only purpose behind it is to protect Carly. Like how exhausting would it be to constantly hide how you’re feeling? All that does is ramp up the stress in her life. 

It's so stupid. The tension in this story is Carly hiding that Nina is Willow's mother and the best option for a donor. But if Carly doesn't know that Willow has cancer there's drama to her keeping it a secret. On the other hand, if she does know, there's no way Carly doesn't look like a villain.

But the excuse that Willow doesn't want Wylie to know is the stupidest thing. He's going to know.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

I keep forgetting that Michael and Willow aren't actually married although by this time they're legally common-law married.  (Why aren't they married? Plot point? Laziness on the part of the writers?)

New York doesn't recognize common law marriages.

• Useful 3

Curtis and Jordan had a bad breakup and he basically accused Jordan of hiding the divorce papers on purpose so why would he invite her to his wedding?

Finn has better chemistry with Alexis than Liz. I’m surprised that they didn’t just reunite them. Alexis and Finn’s dad are pretty flat as well whenever we do see them. 

The Jeff and Heather scenes were interesting but nuHeather looks so much like LW that it distracts me from her scenes. 

• Like 1

I don’t know Heather was speaking a lot of truth to Jeff today….he is a deadbeat father and he can’t go around being all “stay away from MY family” when he’s done jack shit for said family for decades. 

“I didn’t forget my bag I was just giving you something to do.”  Lmao!  I have to remember that one. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Curtis thinking that Jordan will "joyfully" accept to attend his wedding was something. And he needs to dial back the paternalism wrt Trina. He's coming in way too hot. Let out the leash, dude. Also, shut up about not knowing everything about the Hooker investigation.

Whatever that flame was in the restaurant was a LOT. Heh.

Ava's coat was fantastic—the style, the color, the fake-fur collar.

Victor, so not cool to take out your frustrations on a gingerbread man!

I love how Elizabeth totally has Esmé's number. Nik is such a nincompoop.

So is Marshall. Maybe if he was misdiagnosed, he doesn't have schizophrenia and need medicine. That should be worth exploring. Ugh. It's so aggravating people have to be stupid for plots.

Did Heather/Jeff/Ryan cross paths back in the day?

• Love 3

Heather asked Ryan if he enjoyed the show, and if he could talk, they would have a lot to talk about.

I think that Jeff went to see Heather only to set up something with Ryan but I did enjoy her pointing out that he doesn't get to tell her to stay away from his family when he did nothing for them as her son Franco married Elizabeth and then again when he died.

Victor really is a one trick pony, trying to charm Ava even though she knows all he has done. Is the favour that the deputy mayor called in getting Spencer out early? That's a pretty hug favour just to get your nephew on your side even if he does continue to be stupid.

I need more Spencer/Cyrus scenes.

Curtis invites Jordan to his wedding (why in the world would she want to go?) and then accuses her of holding secrets again (police commissioner!) just like when her secrets led to them breaking up, and a couple of breaths later hopes that she will attend the wedding. Seriously, Curtis, just how delusional are you?

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So is Marshall. Maybe if he was misdiagnosed, he doesn't have schizophrenia and need medicine. That should be worth exploring. Ugh. It's so aggravating people have to be stupid for plots.

This "you need to get genetic counselling" makes no sense at this point since Curtis doesn't have the markers and therefore Trina is in the clear. Hey Portia, maybe point out to Marshall that it doesn't make sense that Curtis has zero markers since he inherited half his genes from Marshall. Or maybe just speak to Marshall's psychiatrist, the person who is prescribing his meds, and point out how weird it is that Marshall has not had a relapse in 40+ years. Hopefully the psychiatrist is aware of how often African-Americans were misdiagnosed and can figure it out from there.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Get bent, Curtis. Who do you think you are? Why does he act like Jordan owes him anything? Take a seat Curtis. And that invitation to his wedding was tasteless. It reminded me of Ross inviting Rachel to his wedding to Emily and insisting that she goes because it was his wedding. But I can't help but feel like the invitation was just a pretext to see her and interrogate her in her workplace about her investigation. Looking forward to all that self-righteous talk about the truth blowing up in his face. Let's see what he does with that. 

Curtis has been 100% awful and insufferable since Portia showed up in PC. 

Similarly, it seems like Portia wants Marshall to do the genetic counselling or whatever for Trina's sake, not Marshall. 

I don't remember much of anything else. I'm pretty sure I went into a couple rage blackouts because of Curtis. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

. And he needs to dial back the paternalism wrt Trina. He's coming in way too hot. Let out the leash, dude. Also, shut up about not knowing everything about the Hooker investigation.

I know Real isn’t available much for filming but it’s extra annoying that all the worrying and protection is coming from Curtis and not Taggert. I hate everything about that storyline. 

Liz being fully willing to help Nik keep Esme hidden is kind of surprising. But it’s also so much more enjoyable than her last storyline or her relationship with Finn. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3