Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E13: Dee-Day

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

A “Puzzling Swim” purge challenge sends shockwaves through the game. Reeling from betrayal, Dee sets out to prove that she is not her team’s weak link. One player uses a brilliant strategy during the “End of the Rope” elimination to secure his safety

Airs November 20, 2019.

I’m going to be honest... I don’t think it’s fair Jordan could drop the rope to throw Josh off balance. I get it wasn’t against the rules and it WAS smart of him to come up with that strategy when he was at a big disadvantage. But to win by dropping the thing you’re supposed to be pulling on doesn’t make sense to me.  Granted, I find Jordan insufferable in his boasting so if CT was on the line I might feel differently if he pulled the same strategy.

I love Leroy and I hope this is his season to win. I got a little teary when he got all emotional. I thought for sure he and Kam were gone. Glad he lived to see another day. 

• Love 5

Well, Jordan's in the running for the win. And he's insufferable. I mean I can't blame him. Tori didn't even need to swim. She could have just pulled his pants down, fashioned a sail on the shaft, and let the wind guide them around. And then he wins a tug-of-war elimination with the one hand! Okay, he beat Josh, and Josh is a dummy . . . but still impressive.

Listening to Jordan's commentary, you'd think Josh was Mike Tyson's Punch Out! come to life. Watch for the pattern, counter accordingly. I hereby dub the loser "Glass Josh."

I'm hoping Leroy comes out with a win for once. I mean, from an outsider's perspective, it  looks sad to see him crying over dodging the Purge . . . but fans know that he's overdue for a win. I feel for him. Joss & Kayleigh? Not so much.

I feel bad for Rogan. He's the only Brit left in the game. Fourteen people on the UK side, and they're all gone except for the guy who got eliminated off the bat three seasons ago. So watching him "knight" CT and Dee was sweet. Too bad he was an ass to Dee.

ETA for posterity:

Ashley: “This game isn’t over. This is for you to win. This is a million dollars. You got this! Stay focused!”

(Music Stops)

Jordan: “She’s just gonna steal it from you if you win, Josh.”

Cold. BLOODED.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Joss/Kayleigh coming in last and purged was hilarious. Aww, poor Joss wanted Georgia/Jenny to be his partner. Too bad the fool voted in Georgia and threw a challenge that resulted with Jenny being eliminated. Really hope Rogan doesn't make it to the finals. I'm rooting for Jordan/Tori to win the finals.

• Love 8

I really, really,...really hate to admit this but I thought Ashley looked kinda of hot during the elimination challenge.

I love how Zach talks so much shit about everyone but he gassed out during his second finals all those years ago.  The only one to ever bring it up was Leroy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Joss/Kayleigh coming in last and purged was hilarious. Aww, poor Joss wanted Georgia/Jenny to be his partner. Too bad the fool voted in Georgia and threw a challenge that resulted with Jenny being eliminated. Really hope Rogan doesn't make it to the finals. I'm rooting for Jordan/Tori to win the finals.

Yeah it was Joss' vote to throw in Georgia which probably led to him being paired with Kayleigh for that swim.

BM delivers karma!  Maybe they threw in the purge into this challenge seeing the mess on the UK team, with Dee ready to go to war against Jogan.

Of course Dee proves to be "gullible" the exact word Rogan uses to describe her after she bought his story that it was Joss who wanted to send her into the elimination.

The purge helped whittle the numbers down but there are still like 8 on the US and 5 on the UK team left?  Must be getting close to the Finals because looks like TJ will demand that they choose one female right after the challenge to send in to the elimination.

So at most, maybe 3 or 4 on each team will get to the Finals?  4 if they're going to pair up male-female teams.  Only way it might be individuals in the Finals would be a lot of puzzle components or something like that to level the playing field between the genders.  Or maybe make the guys carry heavy weights for long distance runs.

If they do have teams of pairs in the Finals, they will probably allow one of the winning team players to take all the money.  BM probably loves the drama that creates.  Plus it would be a way for them to hype up one player winn ... er getting almost $1 million.

• Love 1

CT was completely right to make Rogan take Dee as his partner.  I'm glad he stood his ground on that.  

I heart Leroy!  He seems to be the only genuine person left.  Good for him not coming last on the swim.

Umm, 1. apparently it was allowed to basically drag you teammate through the swim (Josh & Nany). 2. why didn't any of the other teams do this?  Was Josh really the only one smart enough to think of it?

Jordan certainly outsmarted Josh in the elimination.  He proves that his disability isn't holding him back.  Was it fair that they had a tug of war contest with a person with 1 hand?  I guess it doesn't matter.  Love him or hate him, he preformed!

Paulie is setting it up so if he & Cara lose the final he can say "see I told you she wasn't coachable" and blame it on someone else.

• Love 7

Somewhere Georgia is laughing her ass off. Serves both Kayleigh and Joss right. Odd byproduct is that there is only one UK person left on the UK. 

Paulie is a trash bag of a human but I do understand his frustration with Cara and her dramatics.  He's still terrible though. I lol'd at Zach calling him the Keebler Elf. 

Ninja needs to take several seats with her little moral lesson to Jordan.  She's aligned with some awful people so she hardly owns the high ground.  I didn't think I'd ever to be able to root for a Tori/Jordan win, but I'm on board now. And I feel like they might be getting an underdog/winner's edit.

Dee... bless her heart... but she is going to feel like a total idiot when she watches this back. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Ashley: “This game isn’t over. This is for you to win. This is a million dollars. You got this! Stay focused!”

(Music Stops)

Jordan: “She’s just gonna steal it from you if you win, Josh.”

Cold. BLOODED.

I hate to admit it, but that made me chuckle so hard.  

And I also laughed at how dumb Josh is that he fell for Jordan's trap THREE times in a row!  Like dude, after the second one, you should have figured out what he was doing.  But oh well.  I don't feel bad for him, because he's the one that initiated "the vote your own team in" strategy.  You had this one coming, ya big baby.  

2 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Dee... bless her heart... but she is going to feel like a total idiot when she watches this back. 

For reals.  I was so proud of her for proving that she could do it.  Also, she learned how to swim not even a year ago while on The Challenge and looked fairly comfortable doing it.  That's pretty damn impressive, especially when people who've been coming to The Challenge for years and know that swimming can be a big equalizer were acting like they were pulling 5x times their body weight (Cara Maria - what in the hell was up with all the grunting?!?!).  All that being said, she's a pushover.  To be victorious in proving she wasn't the worse swimmer and then swallowing all of Rogan's shit AND also voting with him....

mad naomi campbell GIF

She's certainly nicer than me, because if I was in her shoes, once Rogan became my partner, I would have made sure we both came in last.  Fuck proving anything to him; his ass would have been on a flight home since it's obvious the only things he cared about are winning and Joss.  Also, Jordan and Tori failed cause they could have easily turned her to their side if they had put more effort into it.  

2 hours ago, carrin817 said:

CT was completely right to make Rogan take Dee as his partner.  I'm glad he stood his ground on that.  

And good for CT for forcing Rogan to be her partner.  He came up with the plan, he backed out of the plan, and now he wants to put her on someone else?  Naw dude, that's all you.  

• Love 8

I have a feeling Jordan and Tori are going to win this season and that would frustrate me so much. There is the possibility that if they win, they will leave the Challenge forever and live happily ever after, but there is also the chance that they’ll come back and we’ll have to deal with them going on and on about how they won. As good as a competitor as Jordan is, I don’t like him as a person because of how he belittles people and therefore, I can’t support him winning.

On the other hand, Leroy is someone who I would love to see win. He’s not the best swimmer, but he has so much heart. Plus, he actually seems like a nice person.

Oh Dee! I don’t know what the status of her relationship is with Rogan in present day. I sure hope that she’s dumped him by now. 

I hate to say this, but I like Ashley a lot better this season. Her talking heads are just entertaining and she seems to have improved in general competition wise. She hasn’t thrown tantrums or threatened to go home like she has in the past so I guess I‘ve warmed up to her. I haven’t forgotten how she took the money from Hunter and apparently, neither has Jordan. That was cold!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Somewhere Georgia is laughing her ass off. Serves both Kayleigh and Joss right. Odd byproduct is that there is only one UK person left on the UK. 

Paulie is a trash bag of a human but I do understand his frustration with Cara and her dramatics.  He's still terrible though. I lol'd at Zach calling him the Keebler Elf. 

Ninja needs to take several seats with her little moral lesson to Jordan.  She's aligned with some awful people so she hardly owns the high ground.  I didn't think I'd ever to be able to root for a Tori/Jordan win, but I'm on board now. And I feel like they might be getting an underdog/winner's edit.

Cosign everything. I laughed at Joss crying saying he would have done this challenge better with Georgia or Jenny. Yeah, you're the dumbass that aligned yourself with Kayleigh. 

Ugh Rogan is terrible. I can't believe he hasn't been in a single elimination yet. I hope Dee goes in hard on him at the reunion. 

Everyone in this game is terrible but at this point, I'm rooting for Jordan and Tori. It would be great for them to win after everyone tried to get rid of them all season.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I have a feeling Jordan and Tori are going to win this season and that would frustrate me so much. There is the possibility that if they win, they will leave the Challenge forever and live happily ever after,

After watching this episode it made me think that Jordan will follow the Sean Duffy path to Congress and 9 children. I have to admit it was an impressive win for Jordan but I still can't stand him as a person. I now want to re-watch the Challenge season where he and Tori met and her Are You the One season (seasons?).

I am totally Team Leroy.

I have found the choice of background/marching music this season to be phenomenally good.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

After watching this episode it made me think that Jordan will follow the Sean Duffy path to Congress and 9 children. I have to admit it was an impressive win for Jordan but I still can't stand him as a person. I now want to re-watch the Challenge season where he and Tori met and her Are You the One season (seasons?).

He's only done four seasons. He met Tori in XXX: Dirty 30. And I can't see him in government. While he and Sean were accomplished athletes before RW (lumberjack and wakeboarding), I see Jordan having a much smaller family with Tori.

7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Cosign everything. I laughed at Joss crying saying he would have done this challenge better with Georgia or Jenny. Yeah, you're the dumbass that aligned yourself with Kayleigh. 

But if he didn't vote for Georgia chances are he wouldn't even got that far because Georgia's side would have had the numbers and he or Rogan would have gone in instead of Theo.  

• Love 3

Paul, shut the fuck up.  Cara had all the confidence in the world until she met YOU, especially with the shit she’s had to deal with for the last however many years since she was Fresh Meat.  Maybe YOU’RE the problem.  Those two are toxic, why can’t they see it?

I hate Jordan.  I also hate Josh.  This was like a Dallas/New England preview where I was rooting for a sinkhole to swallow everyone whole.

Also, Tori and Jordan can miss me with whining about getting thrown in every time.  If you hadn’t defected, you would still be on the winning side.  And I guess you can only defect once?  

• Love 4
On 11/21/2019 at 2:27 AM, scrb said:

Yeah it was Joss' vote to throw in Georgia which probably led to him being paired with Kayleigh for that swim.

BM delivers karma!  Maybe they threw in the purge into this challenge seeing the mess on the UK team, with Dee ready to go to war against Jogan.

I had the same thought about the purge being tossed in after production saw what team UK was willing to do for the sake of alliances, and if it was spontaneous, that was brilliant. By forcing Joss and Rogan to tie their fates to the subpar performers they insisted on keeping over the actual athletes it really drove home how stupid the strategy has been from a “strongest team” perspective. It’s easy to make it all about alliances and numbers, but the fact is that this is a team challenge and you can’t vote off all your strongest players and think it’s not going to bite you in some way.

On 11/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, Steph619 said:

Oh Dee! I don’t know what the status of her relationship is with Rogan in present day. I sure hope that she’s dumped him by now. 

I highly doubt that Dee has had the opportunity to dump Rogan, as it would suggest he wanted anything to do with her when filming ended.  For whatever reason, she was really into him to the extent that she was willing to believe what was clearly a lie about his involvement in Deegate. What a shame.

Crazy to me that Ninja ended up being the one sitting out and that she still tried to be all superior with Jordan in the tribunal. Sure, the way the guys have spoken to her hasn’t been kind, but she has been a pretty unimpressive player this season who keeps acting like she’s a gift to the challenge. I think I’d probably lose my patience with her also. 

On 11/21/2019 at 12:04 PM, luckyroll3 said:

And good for CT for forcing Rogan to be her partner.  He came up with the plan, he backed out of the plan, and now he wants to put her on someone else?  Naw dude, that's all you.  

CT played this one well, but to me he’s just as responsible as Joss and Rogan for who is on their team and who isn’t. He chose his side of the line and backed their moves. 

I just want Cara to lose. I’m sorry that it means that Zach and Ashley will lose also, but it can’t be helped. Nany seems to me to be clearly out in the next elimination since with Kayleigh gone there are no women left that she can beat. I can’t care about Paulie either way. I sort of think he hates his girlfriend as much as the rest of us do. The things we do for reality TV fame, right Paulie?

• Love 6

Why couldn't both Josh and Jordan both be eliminated? I can't stand either of them. If Jordan wasn't such a giant asshole I would be impressed by all the things he can do with his hand issue but honestly, ugh, STFU.

Josh crying about his own team screwing him over?? I think Wes would like a word with him.

I don't understand the point of the purge so late in a challenge when the teams are so lopsided? Didn't seem fair to me. Miss me with your tears Joss about being eliminated because your team got rid of all your strong players. You were a willing member of this alliance and participated in their votes but now it screwed you over this is the worst thing ever. You wanted to cover yourself and make sure you get into the finale the same way every single player there is trying to do. And they are all doing it the exact same way, with alliances.

How the hell has both CT aka Pops and Rogan made it so far without making it into an elimination??

Leroy is the worst swimmer in the house but none of the guys get on him about it, Kam is even nice to him about it when he's beating himself up over it but all the weak female swimmers have to be shamed and treated like shit by the guys. I'm over that. I'm over the majority of the male challengers acting like the finale/challenge is really only for the guys and except for a select few (very small amount) the female challengers are being given those lucky chance to even pretend to compete with them. Don't they know how lucky they are that the guys are letting them be there? It's been like this on the Challenge for years. I'd say the start of it was the Island, way back when.

Also, whatever to Zach trying to guilt Ninja into letting Nany sit out the challenge b/c by Ninja sitting it out, some other female challenger was in the position to go home. But when you look at the women who were left, Nany was the only one left in his alliance b/c he would have been pissed if Cara, Ashley, or Kam had sat it out as well. So whatever.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:32 AM, carrin817 said:

Umm, 1. apparently it was allowed to basically drag you teammate through the swim (Josh & Nany). 2. why didn't any of the other teams do this?  Was Josh really the only one smart enough to think of it?

Josh and smart. Two words I never thought I'd see together, lol.

On 11/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, Steph619 said:

I have a feeling Jordan and Tori are going to win this season and that would frustrate me so much. There is the possibility that if they win, they will leave the Challenge forever and live happily ever after, but there is also the chance that they’ll come back and we’ll have to deal with them going on and on about how they won. As good as a competitor as Jordan is, I don’t like him as a person because of how he belittles people and therefore, I can’t support him winning.

Ugh, I think they are going to win and come back to crow about it because this challenge is their life.

I loved Dee going off at the beginning about how none of her team had even watched her performance on the last challenge so how could they say she can't do anything?

• Love 3

This is my first time seeing some of these people, so I don't have the history of most viewers. So I found Joss to be a giant block of wood, a meathead with no personality and I was completely thrilled that he went home. He provided no drama, except to stand and go "uhhhhhhh" when the time came to throw Georgia in, so good riddance. Kaileigh also had little personality, so that no loss either.

And I've found Jordan obnoxious all season, but I had to respect the way he outwitted, outplayed and outlasted Josh (yep, that's intentional). Not like Josh is a mensa candidate, but the fact he was taken down by Jordan three times in a row was something. I always thought Josh had a modicum of cleverness, due to how he used goodbye messages in his Big Brother season to expose Paul, but ... wow. Respect to Jordan, even if his personality is pretty odious.

Rogan is just a jerk, and I really wish Survivor hadn't set my bar for terrible men so low this season or I could hate him in earnest. Instead, he's every dude who got caught stepping out on their woman (this was just stepping out within the game, not actually cheating). Lie, deflect, pretend to be contrite, all to get back in her pants. I really hope Dee doesn't fall too hard for his garbage, but it's a lonely jungle out there.

And I still don't entirely know how Paulie got the U.K. contingent into his alliance, but I'm thinking mind control was involved.

• Love 3
On 11/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, TiffanyNichelle said:

Ugh, I think they are going to win and come back to crow about it because this challenge is their life.

I wouldn't say The Challenge is their life.  Neither of them has been around for a few seasons now.  Jordan is arrogant as hell but I love to watch him play.  He's an amazing competitor.  Plus he really gets under Cara's skin, which is also a bonus.  In my opinion, if they win, they deserve to crow about it.  People have been gunning for them for a while now but they keep beating the odds (Tori against Jenny in Hall Brawl and now this latest win by Jordan in a tug of war against someone far bigger and he only has ONE HAND).  They walk the talk, no doubt about it.

Edited by CottlestonPie
  • Love 6

It's been a while, so anyone else who watched Big Brother can correct my memory errors. So, Josh's season featured Paul, a returning player who lost in the finale (gasp! to a girl!) the prior year. Paul had basically safety for the first four weeks, thanks to a b.s. twist. He sold the idea of "friendship" -- it was his buzz word, his catch phrase. He had "friendship" for everyone, everyone was his friend. His alliance was practically the whole house.

Josh was in his alliance, sort of his toady enforcer minion (he memorably banged pots and pans around the house to harass other contestants on Paul's orders, and called people "meatballs"). But nobody took Josh seriously. Josh was in a three-person alliance with Paul and a woman named Christmas -- a fitness instructor who broke her leg early in the season.

When people are voted out, they have goodbye messages taped for them from the rest of the houseguests. Paul's goodbye messages were basically "I'm so sorry, I have nothing but friendship and love for you," blah blah blah. But Josh would tell people on his goodbye messages, "I voted you out because I'm in a three-person alliance with Paul and Christmas." This would be a shock to many people, who assumed they were Paul's main alliance.

Josh was a Big Brother super-fan, who always did exactly what Paul said and never openly campaigned against him, but used the goodbye messages to expose Paul's game and his phony "friendships." And that pissed off enough people for Josh to beat Paul in the end, 5-4.

So, again -- not a mensa candidate (see: pots and pans), but Josh outwitted returning player Paul, and then beat him in Big Brother (again, not a game of mensa candidates), so I always thought Josh was a tad smarter than he was given credit for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 11/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, Eolivet said:

It's been a while, so anyone else who watched Big Brother can correct my memory errors. So, Josh's season featured Paul, a returning player who lost in the finale (gasp! to a girl!) the prior year. Paul had basically safety for the first four weeks, thanks to a b.s. twist. He sold the idea of "friendship" -- it was his buzz word, his catch phrase. He had "friendship" for everyone, everyone was his friend. His alliance was practically the whole house.

Josh was in his alliance, sort of his toady enforcer minion (he memorably banged pots and pans around the house to harass other contestants on Paul's orders, and called people "meatballs"). But nobody took Josh seriously. Josh was in a three-person alliance with Paul and a woman named Christmas -- a fitness instructor who broke her leg early in the season.

When people are voted out, they have goodbye messages taped for them from the rest of the houseguests. Paul's goodbye messages were basically "I'm so sorry, I have nothing but friendship and love for you," blah blah blah. But Josh would tell people on his goodbye messages, "I voted you out because I'm in a three-person alliance with Paul and Christmas." This would be a shock to many people, who assumed they were Paul's main alliance.

Josh was a Big Brother super-fan, who always did exactly what Paul said and never openly campaigned against him, but used the goodbye messages to expose Paul's game and his phony "friendships." And that pissed off enough people for Josh to beat Paul in the end, 5-4.

So, again -- not a mensa candidate (see: pots and pans), but Josh outwitted returning player Paul, and then beat him in Big Brother (again, not a game of mensa candidates), so I always thought Josh was a tad smarter than he was given credit for.

Thanks for sharing that.  And that strategy worked because the eliminated contestants vote for the winners when it's down to 2?  (Honestly, I haven't watched Big Brother since Season 2, I think, with the "hot", but devious doctor.  I think that was season 2.  After that, people were too into being reality tv stars.")

That seems like a pretty savvy strategy given how dumb Josh is.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1