Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: The Last Thanksgiving

Cameron and Mitchell's friends mistakenly assume they have split up; Haley attempts to cook Thanksgiving dinner as a thank you for Claire and Phil's support with the twins; Jay invites Phil and Dylan out to fly his model plane.

Poor Dylan, but the tradition continues.

Manny was such a cute kid--an old man in a child's body.  Now he's just annoying and a real downer all the time.  Maybe it's the actor not being able to pull off the "angst", but I just cringe when he's on.

Alex looks so different this year, but she's very pretty.  And is Luke going to be gay now?  That was very weird with the chef. 

Not a bad episode I thought.  I still enjoy this show but it's probably time for it to end.

• Love 11

So it's okay for dads to physically injure their daughters' partners (or their brother-in-law who insults their daughter) as long as it appears to be an accident. Good to know.

Mitch and Cam have some shitty friends. Or, well, Mitch does, at least. 

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 15

I guess because it’s the last season but I’m really enjoying each episode.  Was everyone in this episode except Lily?  I don’t remember seeing her.  I hope when it ends Alex gets a good boyfriend.  I feel like she hasn’t had one.  Remember the nice, slightly nerdy guy she met when she was visiting the campus?  Someone like that.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Manny was such a cute kid--an old man in a child's body.  Now he's just annoying and a real downer all the time.  Maybe it's the actor not being able to pull off the "angst", but I just cringe when he's on.

Alex looks so different this year, but she's very pretty.  And is Luke going to be gay now?  That was very weird with the chef. 

i think the joke with Luke was that he liked turning his brain off and letting someone else make all his decisions.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around re: why Manny is so awful. Rico Rodriguez is a pretty terrible actor, and the writers never had any plan for the character beyond "You know how he was cutely pretentious as a kid? Well let's just make him even more pretentious as an adult, and make him a creepy 'nice guy' who thinks he's entitled to be with beautiful women!"

Speaking of terrible writing decisions, there's the utter mess that is Cameron. I thought I was completely desensitized to how obnoxious Cam is, but this one pushed him into new territory. He badmouthed Mitchell to all their friends, and made him out to be an absentee husband, and pretended they broke up? That's grounds for an actual divorce, IMO.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

i think the joke with Luke was that he liked turning his brain off and letting someone else make all his decisions.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around re: why Manny is so awful. Rico Rodriguez is a pretty terrible actor, and the writers never had any plan for the character beyond "You know how he was cutely pretentious as a kid? Well let's just make him even more pretentious as an adult, and make him a creepy 'nice guy' who thinks he's entitled to be with beautiful women!"

Speaking of terrible writing decisions, there's the utter mess that is Cameron. I thought I was completely desensitized to how obnoxious Cam is, but this one pushed him into new territory. He badmouthed Mitchell to all their friends, and made him out to be an absentee husband, and pretended they broke up? That's grounds for an actual divorce, IMO.

There is apparently no limit to how bad that needy, attention-seeking, self-centered, over-grown baby can be.  It's not funny; it never was.

What an incredibly dull episode this was.

• Love 8

No wonder their friends have money on when Cam and Mitch will break up, they're a total mess of petty insecurities and a ticking time bomb of self obsession. I want to say that I cant believe that Cam would fake a break up to make sure his friends would all take his side in a perspective break up, and bad mouth Mitch to everyone, but I am really not surprised at all, sadly. Thats a horrible thing to do to your spouse, and much worse than what Mitch did! 

Alex looks really nice this year, they finally are giving Ariel some nice clothes to wear that suit her. I do hope they give her some wins soon though, I miss her firefighter boyfriend. 

The weirdly specific cycle of violence continues. 

Manny really has become the worst, its clear the writers had no idea how to handle an adult Manny, when he got too old to be cute. Now he is just an annoying selfish dickhead who has no idea what a selfish dickhead he is. 

I did enjoy Joey reminders Mitch and Claire that they all have the same father.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Blakeston said:

3 hours ago, Suzn said:

There is apparently no limit to how bad that needy, attention-seeking, self-centered, over-grown baby can be.  It's not funny; it never was.

What an incredibly dull episode this was.

I wish Mitch would leave him. Cam is emotionally abusive asshole.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I loved that!

I also loved the callback to the pilot when Claire asked Gloria if she was carrying a laundry basket to hide a pregnancy.

Did not love hitting the chef in the face with the plane. Just tell him to leave. It's not a hostage situation.

• Love 11

“I try to leave her but she just palms my head and I run in place.” That was the only thing I laughed at. 

Cam has always been pretty awful. It’s not cute.

I didn’t get the whole deal with hurting the boyfriends. That’s not cool. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I loved that!

I also loved the callback to the pilot when Claire asked Gloria if she was carrying a laundry basket to hide a pregnancy.

Did not love hitting the chef in the face with the plane. Just tell him to leave. It's not a hostage situation.

No kidding and I'm sorry that Haliey "feels" she needs to give back. However, putting your sister in a very awkward position. Guy walking around like he owns the kitchen and house. I'm sorry, you tell them: "GET OUT!" Same with Manny's "well, don't ask me what's the problem." and then continue badgering people to ask you. For Jay's revelation to Phil that he hit him on purpose 10 years ago. AT that point I wanted to go: "Your daughter and him had been married almost 20 years and he has proven he has his life more together than your daughter? Yet, smash his face?" Oh come on. 

• Love 4

Literally the only part that felt like the show I once knew.

Terrible terrible episode. I'm not saying that these are the best actors ever, but Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet should be ashamed of themselves.....and Sophia Vergara was not far behind.

i had hopes with the call back to flying the plane, especially after Jay called Dylan "other Phil" a few episodes back, but that flopped miserably.

• Love 3

I'm not sure Dylan should be a nurse. Phil got knocked out by the plane and Dylan states that he is pretty sure he doesn't have a concussion? Phil was lying on the ground like a broken toy. He has some kind of brain injury from the incident. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, AriAu said:

Literally the only part that felt like the show I once knew.

Terrible terrible episode. I'm not saying that these are the best actors ever, but Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet should be ashamed of themselves.....and Sophia Vergara was not far behind.

i had hopes with the call back to flying the plane, especially after Jay called Dylan "other Phil" a few episodes back, but that flopped miserably.

The problem is that Claire and Phil have basically just accepted Dylan. Jay, for years just wouldn't with Phil, despite: having a regular job, being there for his daughter and their kids, building a successful business, ect. It was: "Man, my son-in-law is an idiot and wouldn't be here if he hadn't knocked up my daughter and then go on to have two more kids." I'm sorry by the time Luke was in kindergarten, she should have moved on. I get that he is wondering why Phil has taken it so much, when Dylan is so stupid he can barely tie his shoes, but hey, he made it through nursing school, so he is Phil Jr right? No, he is not. 

• Love 4
On 11/21/2019 at 8:37 AM, ams1001 said:

So it's okay for dads to physically injure their daughters' partners (or their brother-in-law who insults their daughter) as long as it appears to be an accident. Good to know.

Mitch and Cam have some shitty friends. Or, well, Mitch does, at least. 

To be fair, I think there is an appreciable difference between prodding a guy with a pool cue and hitting a guy with a car.

• Love 2
On 11/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, Snow Apple said:

Did anyone mention where Lily was? They have a random guest star and the babies, but Lily doesn't even rate a background shot?

Nobody said a single word...and this is a 12-year-old on a major holiday. It's not like she has a partner and has gone to their family's house for dinner. You'd think they could at least give a stupid reason, like Lily having flown to Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with Cam's family, just SOMETHING.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Nobody said a single word...and this is a 12-year-old on a major holiday. It's not like she has a partner and has gone to their family's house for dinner. You'd think they could at least give a stupid reason, like Lily having flown to Missouri to spend Thanksgiving with Cam's family, just SOMETHING.  

Right, she just wasn't there and things wasted on stupid, ex-dating chef, guy. Plus, Manny whinny as always and Dylan proving he has no brain cells left. 

• Love 5