Type keyword(s) to search

Robert and Anny: Uber Stupid

• Start Topic

With an 11 year age difference between them, Robert and Anny are hoping to take their relationship from social media to everyday life. Anny and Robert have met before, though. Robert booked a cruise to the Dominican Republic and proposed to Anny after only spending eight hours with her.  Sounds like a relationship that is destined to work, right?

• LOL 3

I don't think I'm going to like this couple. It sounds like Anny is going to be the villain of the season, like Larissa was supposed to be before Leida opened her mouth. 

Robert has two kids that he didn't mention on his cast interviews, a son and daughter. He was in arrears for child support at some point, because it's a requirement for this show to not pay to take care of your children. He has another daughter who will appear on the show. The mother of the daughter who will appear was arrested for domestic violence against him. He was arrested twice and evicted a few times, too.

TV Spoilers Link

Starcasm Link

• Useful 1

Someone please clear something up:  Did he meet her, then go on a cruise?  Or went on a cruise, alone, and when he docked in the DR her he met her there?  It just seems to fly from Florida to the DR seems cheaper than a cruise but I could have heard wrong.

Either way I kinda hate him for belittling his son during the phone call.

And stop with the Frederick's of Hollywood parade.  It is all about you, no?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Someone please clear something up:  Did he meet her, then go on a cruise?  Or went on a cruise, alone, and when he docked in the DR her he met her there?  It just seems to fly from Florida to the DR seems cheaper than a cruise but I could have heard wrong.

Either way I kinda hate him for belittling his son during the phone call.

And stop with the Frederick's of Hollywood parade.  It is all about you, no?

I think he said he met her online, through a Facebook friend and then booked the cruise.

I hated the was he kept calling Bryson "crybaby".  He didn't even say, "You're A crybaby" or "Stop being a crybaby.".  He called him that, like it was his name.  What does he think this is going to imprint on the child subconsciously?  

Agree about the lingerie.  You know really would have gotten N(Anny) in the mood?  An iPhone.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think he said he met her online, through a Facebook friend and then booked the cruise.

I hated the was he kept calling Bryson "crybaby".  He didn't even say, "You're A crybaby" or "Stop being a crybaby.".  He called him that, like it was his name.  What does he think this is going to imprint on the child subconsciously?  

Agree about the lingerie.  You know really would have gotten N(Anny) in the mood?  An iPhone.  

Thank you.  Even "Stop being a crybaby" is name calling and uncalled for.  How about:  "Why are you upset?"  His answer:   "Because I am trying to eat and this interloper is showing up and about to get in between our good thing, that is why!!!"

You know really would have gotten N(Anny) in the mood?  An iPhone.  

And some cash.  Just sayin'.......

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

That's what I understood him to say - that he booked the cruise because it had a stop in the DR, giving him the opportunity to meet her in person. But then, why not just plan a trip to the DR?

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's what I understood him to say - that he booked the cruise because it had a stop in the DR, giving him the opportunity to meet her in person. But then, why not just plan a trip to the DR?

You don't want the Shorty to know you're that interested  You don't fly down to see her for a week, you take a cruise that happens to be stopping in the DR for 8 hours.  You don't buy her a ring or an iPhone, you get her some lingerie that says "Come get me!"  

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That handsome bastard probably had a girl in every port. 

UFUV.jpg

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

That kinda threw me, was he going on a cruise anyways and decided that since there was a stop in the DR he would meet her?  Or was a cruise that stopped off in the DR cheaper than booking a flight there?

11 hours ago, Drogo said:

That handsome bastard probably had a girl in every port. 

UFUV.jpg

Should have brought Bryson along and made it a whole "on the spot job interview" deal.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Robert and Anny: "The money's not here!" 

I'm bummed on her behalf.  Robert is not attractive or charming and his life looks depressing.  She looks like she takes care of herself and like Larissa, she will be fighting Robert for every penny.  

• Love 8

I know he said he booked a cruise AFTER he met her online, but I am still confused.  (Don't judge me!)  Why, if you are so damn frugal with every dollar, would you seemingly waste time and money on ports that you don't care about when your goal is to get to the DR?  Photos he showed on the show were of him and her in a room and she was clearly in her underwear.  So they slept together within hours of meeting each other?  We may have a new record folks!

I wonder if, in those magical 8 hours, did he mention he was really looking for a nanny he can sleep with.  Unpaid, of course.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I know he said he booked a cruise AFTER he met her online, but I am still confused.  (Don't judge me!)  Why, if you are so damn frugal with every dollar, would you seemingly waste time and money on ports that you don't care about when your goal is to get to the DR?  Photos he showed on the show were of him and her in a room and she was clearly in her underwear.  So they slept together within hours of meeting each other?  We h=may have a new record folks!

I wonder if, in those magical 8 hours, did he mention he was really looking for a nanny he can sleep with.  Unpaid, of course.

He is my hate watch champion already. His derogatory comments to his son were appalling, what kind of parent name calls his child on television?? 

Color me old, but I think a vacation hookup leading to an immediate proposal probably will not end well. And I HATE that all these kids are dragged into the spotlight.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

He is my hate watch champion already. His derogatory comments to his son were appalling, what kind of parent name calls his child on television?? 

Color me old, but I think a vacation hookup leading to an immediate proposal probably will not end well. And I HATE that all these kids are dragged into the spotlight.

I agree!!  Just the way he spoke to the camera about if you don't like it, "MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!"  Well then don't agree to go on a show talking about it!  Don't belittle and bully your kid on tv!  Don't swagger into a lingerie shop saying "Yeah well I boned her within hours of meeting her, I guess I don't know her size but she has curves and a nice booty.  Forget comfort for her, what do I like?  I mean, she is coming here to be an unpaid stripper nanny so really, why do I care?"  

Does he ever laugh?  Smile?  He seems way too serious, plus I kinda hate him anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Forget comfort for her

I'm sure he anticipates that she won't be wearing whatever he bought for very long...

I, too, am confused by the cruise but maybe he figured if it didn't work out, he'd still have an vacation and if she was a stalker-type, she wouldn't be able to follow him on the boat. In other words, he had a guaranteed out...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree!!  Just the way he spoke to the camera about if you don't like it, "MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!"  Well then don't agree to go on a show talking about it!  Don't belittle and bully your kid on tv!  Don't swagger into a lingerie shop saying "Yeah well I boned her within hours of meeting her, I guess I don't know her size but she has curves and a nice booty.  Forget comfort for her, what do I like?  I mean, she is coming here to be an unpaid stripper nanny so really, why do I care?"  

Does he ever laugh?  Smile?  He seems way too serious, plus I kinda hate him anyway.

I can't think of a single thing to "say something nice".  He acts like he's just loaded with riches for this woman to "gold dig", listen I think you need some real money for that. Something besides a dinky apartment.

These guys kill me. Caesar expected his Maria to come to the US, live in a duplex, and ride the bus. Yeah, that's the dream.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 11/4/2019 at 6:29 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

Nice to know a guy twice arrested for driving with a suspended license can work as a driver for a ride share company.   

Uber doesn't care.  They're a technology platform, not a taxi service.  (Uber's line of reasoning, not mine.)  

21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Cruising is cheaper (book during Hurricane season, book an interior, etc.) and doesn't require a passport and the necessary expenses/legwork to get a passport. 

5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I can't think of a single thing to "say something nice".  He acts like he's just loaded with riches for this woman to "gold dig", listen I think you need some real money for that. Something besides a dinky apartment.

Yeah, she's not digging gold with this dude.  More like used tin foil. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I do give Robert credit for trying his best to raise Bryson.  Calling him names may not be good parenting, but it may be all Robert knows.  He says he chose a job that would allow him time to spend with his son.  He didn't try to foist his child onto an unwitting grandparent as we've seen so many people do.  

But he seems wholly unlikeable and I think anny's life is going to be so sad.  No matter where she is from, it has to be better than a guy who is going to treat you like a nanny/blow up sex doll and doesn't want to get you a phone or a decent ring.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Uber doesn't care.  They're a technology platform, not a taxi service.  (Uber's line of reasoning, not mine.)  

Cruising is cheaper (book during Hurricane season, book an interior, etc.) and doesn't require a passport and the necessary expenses/legwork to get a passport. 

Yeah, she's not digging gold with this dude.  More like used tin foil. 

This used to be true; however, for most Caribbean travel you DO need a passport now. The only exception is Puerto Rico, because it's a U.S. protectorate.

• Love 1

This dude has two other children in addition to Lil Richie from Family Matters or whatever tf that kid’s name is. A full-time Uber driver with three kids is in no position to be tricking off some stranger in another country. She’s already asking for iPhones and what not and he’s wiring her money while he’s got three kids? Fuck this dude. He’s Eric 2.0.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, blubld43 said:

This used to be true; however, for most Caribbean travel you DO need a passport now. The only exception is Puerto Rico, because it's a U.S. protectorate.

If a cruise to the Caribbean starts and ends in the same American city , a closed loop cruise, and does not visit Martinique or Panama, or perhaps one or two other islands there is no passport requirement. Your driver's license and birth certificate work just fine. We have taken our grand daughter with just her birth certificate and our custody order several times now.

also, cruises have child care in the form of a kids camp available onboard, he may have taken his son with him on the trip and left him in the camp for the day while he went to meet Anny

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Anny get dating tips from Larissa...as in "How to Find a Broke Man."  This girl is going to be so mad when reality hits her in the face.

This guy is setting himself up for failure.  

I feel like any had to be absolutely desperate.  At least Colt had a job that sounded like it paid well (and it probably does).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Medsed said:

If a cruise to the Caribbean starts and ends in the same American city , a closed loop cruise, and does not visit Martinique or Panama, or perhaps one or two other islands there is no passport requirement. Your driver's license and birth certificate work just fine.

They work just fine under normal circumstances, but - in case of emergency - the lack of a passport may restrict travelers from staying overnight in any of the foreign countries. 

I had a friend who had a heart attack and died while snorkeling at Grand Cayman on a cruise.  He was traveling with his wife and another couple.  The other couple were traveling with just their birth certificates, and because they did not have passports, they were not permitted to stay behind with the wife and their late friend.  The cruise line assigned a crew member to stay with her until her children flew in a day or two later.

• Love 1

I liked (N)Anny more than I expected.  She was nice to Bryson and not as demanding as she seemed from last episode.  

If Robert could provide her with a halfway decent lifestyle (like their own room and bed and clothes that aren't used) she might be OK with the marriage.  

If Robert is just a cheapskate and can changes his ways a bit, they might make it.  But, if he is really that broke, they seem doomed.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Why was the car Robert used to pick up nAnny up different from his Uber car? Does he have two cars? Hard to believe that he could afford that.

Uber has some deal with rental car companies whereby drivers can rent cars to drive for Uber or Lyft at reduced rates.

I don't know exactly how it works, but I think it comes out to like 200 a week or something and it kinda makes sense to put wear and tear on another vehicle.

I don't like awkward, forced conversation, but if it must happen in an Uber....I'd prefer it be about the ins and outs of the ride sharing business. 

3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I liked (N)Anny more than I expected.  She was nice to Bryson and not as demanding as she seemed from last episode.  

If Robert could provide her with a halfway decent lifestyle (like their own room and bed and clothes that aren't used) she might be OK with the marriage.  

If Robert is just a cheapskate and can changes his ways a bit, they might make it.  But, if he is really that broke, they seem doomed.  

I think he is legit broke. 

However, he maybe can do more Uber shifts or get a more stable job ad a traditional employee if he doesn't have to schedule work around Bryson.  

However, once she can work anny may want to get out there and get some income and then she won't be able.to stay with Bryson during the day. 

• Useful 2

Why am I curious who took care of Bryson when he was chasing tail on this cruise?  Say he got a four day cruise - that is still four days!  Why could said person not be called upon to take care of Bryson when Anny arrived?  Why do I kinda love his DR friend who tried to talk some sense into him?

• Love 5
On 11/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, blubld43 said:

These guys kill me. Caesar expected his Maria to come to the US, live in a duplex, and ride the bus. Yeah, that's the dream.

I think Robert is slightly less delusional than Caeser, as NAnny isn't as far out of his league as Maria is out of Caeser's.  Oh, and he has actually met NAnny.   Maria doesn't seem to even want the green card..,.just the green.  

It is hard to tell with Nanny.  My first impression was that she was strictly a green card scammer and gold digger, who would be very disappointed in the American pennies she harvested from Robert.

After they met in person and seeing how she reacted to Robert and Bryson, I started to think that she might actually be willing to be a wife and stepmom, IF her reasonable expectations are met.  Of course, that could just be an act.  

But, so far, Robert seems to be falling short of providing what any woman should reasonably expect.  Their own room and bed, would be start along with some clothes that are not used.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Why am I curious who took care of Bryson when he was chasing tail on this cruise?  Say he got a four day cruise - that is still four days!  Why could said person not be called upon to take care of Bryson when Anny arrived?  Why do I kinda love his DR friend who tried to talk some sense into him?

Robert definitely wanted to Bryson to greet NAnny at the airport, and NAnny seemed excited about that, too.   The probably could have gotten a sitter after they got home. but immediately shoving Bryson aside might make him resent NAnny.

I thought Juan was very wise and cool.  I liked how he didn't hold back with the advice, but when Robert resisted it, he backed off and said he will feel stupid if things work out.  I got the feeling he hopes he is wrong, but is pretty sure he is right.  

Molly and her friend on Pillow Talk had a little crush on him and her friend said, "Juan-na date my friend?"  Then Molly remembered he was Dominican and lost interest.  I guess the Louise debacle has put her off Dominican men.  

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Molly and her friend on Pillow Talk had a little crush on him and her friend said, "Juan-na date my friend?"  Then Molly remembered he was Dominican and lost interest.  I guess the Louise debacle has put her off Dominican men.  

Fortunately there are several other Caribbean islands and Central American countries where she can look for bartenders' foreign dick. 

• LOL 6

Robert definitely wanted to Bryson to greet NAnny at the airport, and NAnny seemed excited about that, too.   The probably could have gotten a sitter after they got home. but immediately shoving Bryson aside might make him resent NAnny.

I thought Juan was very wise and cool.  I liked how he didn't hold back with the advice, but when Robert resisted it, he backed off and said he will feel stupid if things work out.  I got the feeling he hopes he is wrong, but is pretty sure he is right.  

Hilariously, the same scam Juan ascribed to Dominican women is EXACTLY what happened to Molly.  

He got what he needed and left.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Hilariously, the same scam Juan ascribed to Dominican women is EXACTLY what happened to Molly.  

He got what he needed and left.  

Yup. 

I was kind of impressed that Molly seemed to have learned her lesson.  But, then I thought, she might just not trust Dominican men, but might get taken in by the next scammer, whether foreign or domestic, as long as he isn't from the DR.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yup. 

I was kind of impressed that Molly seemed to have learned her lesson.  But, then I thought, she might just not trust Dominican men, but might get taken in by the next scammer, whether foreign or domestic, as long as he isn't from the DR.  

There are scammers all over, even in the good old USA.

On Pillow Talk, I laughed when Dean and Tarik said, when Robert came on screen, "Brooklyn's in the house."

But if she turns up her nose at "used" clothes, she's a bigger fool than I thought.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

There are scammers all over, even in the good old USA.

On Pillow Talk, I laughed when Dean and Tarik said, when Robert came on screen, "Brooklyn's in the house."

But if she turns up her nose at "used" clothes, she's a bigger fool than I thought.  

Definitely, that's why I wrote "foreign or domestic".   After her experience with Louise, Molly might be more vulnerable to an American scammer, as he seems to have made her cautious about foreign ones, or at least ones from the DR.  

I don't have a problem with NAnny balking at the used clothes.  Robert lured her to America, I'm sure with a promise of a better life, and the first thing he takes her to buy are used clothes?

At least he didn't buy her used lingerie.   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

After I watched a documentary on fast fashion I've been more open to second hand clothing. 

In anny's case, maybe she sees it as a sign of being poor.  But she is poor, so she should try to make the best of it.  Maybe go to a goodwill in an upscale neighborhood. 

Our Goodwill's are ridiculously expensive but I kinda want to buy some ugly lularoe leggings as a goof so I might hit them up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Our Goodwill's are ridiculously expensive but I kinda want to buy some ugly lularoe leggings as a goof so I might hit them up.

I think that you can get them cheap from Nicole.

• LOL 10