Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Katie was rocking a Louis Vuitton bag on her last visit, so of course Carlin needs to buy something pricey to keep up. 

I looked up reviews on the Dyson and the main selling point is it cuts down on drying time, which is fine, but Carlin has thin, shoulder length hair. I can't imagine it takes her that long to style even with a regular dryer. 

Never mind she doesn't have to get up early everyday to go to work or anything. She has plenty of time to let her hair air dry for a bit, before styling it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Is it me or does that not seem like a ton of orders? It's not even filling the back of a van, let alone a FedEx or UPS truck. 

Maybe that's just one day's shipment and they have lots more, but I'm still baffled as to how this Boutique keeps two families in luxury cars, along with paying overhead on a warehouse and staff. It must be way more lucrative than I assumed. Their mark-up must be crazy high. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 4
  • Useful 7
53 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is it me or does that not seem like a ton of orders? It's not even filling the back of a van, let alone a FedEx or UPS truck. 

Maybe that's just one day's shipment and they have lots more, but I'm still baffled as to how this Boutique keeps two families in luxury cars, along with paying overhead on a warehouse and staff. It must be way more lucrative than I assumed. Their mark-up must be crazy high. 

Yep. I’m not even convinced this isn’t a stock photo, tbh. 

• Like 9
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It’s crazy. Stay up nights wondering how they do it!

• Like 5

In Carlin’s stories there was footage of Zade going down the stairs by himself.He isn’t even 2! Who lets a little guy like that go down the stairs alone? They have a gate at the top of the stairs but then let him climb down alone. 🙄

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

In Carlin’s stories there was footage of Zade going down the stairs by himself.He isn’t even 2! Who lets a little guy like that go down the stairs alone? They have a gate at the top of the stairs but then let him climb down alone. 🙄

I didn't see a hand rail either.  They were probably hoping he fell and they could have clicks for the poor guy falling.

• Sad 8

With a handrail, my kids did stairs between 18 months and 2 years as did my grandkids.  This was at home not out in public where they could easily be pushed or become distracted.  They never fell onto, down, or off the stairs.  If they live with stairs daily, they can learn to navigate them.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't understand that mail order picture. Is it to the boutique, or from it? One can assume sacks of clothes aren't going to one individual's address. 

I read this as ‘snacks,’ not ‘sacks’ and it totally made more sense. Carlin and Evan getting all the snacks delivered to them.

🍪🍫🍬🍿

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, zenme said:

I really do believe they live with credit card debt, as well.  

Same. I think they spend every dime that comes in and have significant credit card debt. Someone on Reddit did the research and guesstimated their Tesla payment is around 2k per month. Think about the amount of after-tax income they'd need to pay for all this crap. I have MD's in my family who don't blow money like this. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Absolom said:

With a handrail, my kids did stairs between 18 months and 2 years as did my grandkids.  This was at home not out in public where they could easily be pushed or become distracted.  They never fell onto, down, or off the stairs.  If they live with stairs daily, they can learn to navigate them.  

This makes perfect sense. However , in the video you can see there is no handrail ( is that a code violation?). Plus Zade was going down the middle of the stairs.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

For the handrail, it would be required where I live for anything more than, I think, 2 or 3 steps.

The rail was more for keeping the kids from falling off the stairs.  They didn't use it to hold onto.  For some reason all the kids at around three wanted to climb the outside of the stairs.  That we all stopped immediately.  

Being a second child, I doubt Zade will be as cooperative as Layla.  They may actually have to pay attention to him instead of pacifying him with snack foods.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't understand that mail order picture. Is it to the boutique, or from it? One can assume sacks of clothes aren't going to one individual's address. 

They are taking shipments to the Post Office. Presumably those bags are filled with poly-mailers containing the clothing they are shipping out.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

They are taking shipments to the Post Office. Presumably those bags are filled with poly-mailers containing the clothing they are shipping out.

Did they rent a truck? And its okay to reuse mail sacks that belong to the USPS?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Did they rent a truck? And its okay to reuse mail sacks that belong to the USPS?

"Did they rent a truck?" I don't know. It looks like one. Why wouldn't they if they have many packages to ship at the same time?

"And its okay to reuse mail sacks that belong to the USPS?" Why wouldn't it be if they are legitimately bringing in outgoing mail? i don't think the PO wants it brought in via Glad bags.

The post office provides many free supplies to customers:

https://www.stamps.com/usps/free-shipping-supplies/

"Shipping costs are never going to get cheaper, but there is a way that you can save money on packaging. USPS gives its customers free shipping supplies to send packages through certain classes of mail.

The USPS will keep you well-stocked with boxes, stickers, forms, and more for free. These pre-printed envelopes, Tyvek® mailers, and boxes can be used to send items through Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express®, and they’re eco-friendly. To get your free USPS shipping supplies, you can order them online."

Shipments coming into them from manufacturers would be in cartons.

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

"Did they rent a truck?" I don't know. It looks like one. Why wouldn't they if they have many packages to ship at the same time?

Because they have three cars/SUVs that would have no problem fitting those.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I get shipments from Amazon and other sites in poly bags all the time, even breakable things. I'm guessing it's the same for the "boutique." They're not ordering mass quantities of crap fashion. 

I wanted Carnation malted milk powder to make milkshakes for my friend who is undergoing chemo for pancreatic cancer (she needs to gain weight). Only Walmart sells Carnation malted milk here. I ordered it shipped so I wouldn't have to go to the store. I got two separate shipments, both in poly bags, one wadded and one rolled. 

The truck is what makes me suspicious. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I get shipments from Amazon and other sites in poly bags all the time, even breakable things. I'm guessing it's the same for the "boutique." They're not ordering mass quantities of crap fashion. 

I wanted Carnation malted milk powder to make milkshakes for my friend who is undergoing chemo for pancreatic cancer (she needs to gain weight). Only Walmart sells Carnation malted milk here. I ordered it shipped so I wouldn't have to go to the store. I got two separate shipments, both in poly bags, one wadded and one rolled. 

The truck is what makes me suspicious. 

Really? Yes, shipments to individuals are sent that way.

Funny, every time they have a Cash and Carry we read here that they have way too much goods. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Really? Yes, shipments to individuals are sent that way.

Funny, every time they have a Cash and Carry we read here that they have way too much goods. 

Shipments to businesses are also sent the same way. I've seen them. As far as having too much crap at their cash-and-pose sales, they have too much overall. They don't have quantities of crap that would be exclusively shipped in cartons. Cartons = 50 of one, like big box stores get. Poly = 3 of this, 5 of this, 8 of this. 

• Like 2

There was always a problem in retail that it was labor intensive behind the scenes. Merchandise came in, had to be put on hangers and tagged with the store's price tags. Maybe 30 or so years ago great minds thought of ways to streamline things and reduce costs. Stores started paying the manufacturers to put the clothing on hangers* and put the store's price tags on at point of origin. The labor was transferred to a lower cost area. Some people may remember when even mid-range stores started giving away the hangers at the register, practically forcing the customers to take them! That was because they have too many hangers.

BSB doesn't have a store so their goods would be folded and put in clear plastic bags by the manufacturers, put into cartons, loaded onto containers and the  containers loaded onto ships. The big department store I worked for years ago had the merchandise trucked across the country by a trucking company. For them USPS, UPS, FedEx would do the job.

*To clarify, the merchandise would be shipped on flimsy bendable plastic hangers and the store employees would transfer them to better hangers, Now they are put on the better hangers to begin with.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

Hysterical that they each drive 100k vehicles, which we can only assume they're writing off as "business expenses," yet no one was gonna be bothered to dirty up their car with used USPS sacks and drive to the post office to ship out the junk that pays their bills.

I think we can pretty much assume C&E are swimming in CC debt. They seem just dim enough that they probably see "minimum payment $25" and say hmm that's all we NEED to pay, great! I assume Z&W may be a bit like that too, though I have a feeling they probably have something of an inheritance from JC and have decided that instead of saving/investing that, the Lord wills them to spend it now and to "invest" in their kids. That being said I think Z remembers and deeply resents how he was raised, so as there are more mouths to feed and BSB inevitably slows down at some point, if that means there isn't enough money to vacation or go to their favorite Japanese restaurant a few times a month, I can see Z quietly picking up police shifts and/or construction work with someone in town while his wife crows about how HER man is with her all the time . . . .

Frankly I also think Z likes nice things for real and doesn't just get them bc some bro in law has them. Sure they "needed" an 8k stove + grill + griddle, yet at least we see Z using them regularly. Meanwhile Evan needed to run out and buy the grill and griddle and then laugh about how much he hates to cook and it's cheaper to just go to Five Guys.

FWIW that video of Zade coming down the stairs did NOT strike me as safe. And I say that fully understanding that kids learn to navigate stairs and 2nd kids do those things quicker. I just feel like when kids are learning stairs, they tend to have a parent close at hand/a few feet behind just to make sure they get down safely. Here we had one parent at the base of the stairs filming and the other likely setting up lighting rigs and boom mics in the living room for their Christmas spectacular.

I mean the child's 3 year old sister runs up the stairs and screams "Zade time for Christmas lights," and opens the stairway gate for him. He comes to the stairwell alone, gets thru the gate, turns around and shuts it behind him and comes on down. Uh am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't be showing kids how to open/close baby proof things bc then what's the point of baby proofing?? Why not just show them how the cabinet latches and seatbelt connectors work so they can rummage through the cabinets and unbuckle themselves when they're in the mood?

And WTH was an 18 mo doing upstairs by himself - listening to some tunes and smoking some pot? Was his 3 yr old sister babysitting him? I mean while C&E would think it was the cutest YT moment ever if he painted his face with Layla's nail polish, I feel like I'd be worried that a child that age could think that his sister's hot pink nail polish and his mother's powdered foundation looked absolutely delicious.

• Like 12

I don't know if I'd give Zach credit for enough brains to resent how he was raised. He doesn't seem to be making the connection between lots of kids equals money is tighter. He and Ofzach are going to have a hell of a time maintaining their present lifestyle if they keep having kids, which I expect them to do. 

I mean, Zach was the oldest and might remember their family life before Gil decided he was too good to work for The Man and before the kids started coming in droves. But he was a boy, so did he really bear the brunt of having breeder parents the way sister-moms do? I don't know. That other huge family's firstborn son certainly didn't. 

@cereality, I cackled at the mental image of toddler Zade sitting upstairs with a doob and some tunes. 

• Like 8
54 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't know if I'd give Zach credit for enough brains to resent how he was raised. He doesn't seem to be making the connection between lots of kids equals money is tighter. He and Ofzach are going to have a hell of a time maintaining their present lifestyle if they keep having kids, which I expect them to do. 

I mean, Zach was the oldest and might remember their family life before Gil decided he was too good to work for The Man and before the kids started coming in droves. But he was a boy, so did he really bear the brunt of having breeder parents the way sister-moms do? I don't know. That other huge family's firstborn son certainly didn't. 

@cereality, I cackled at the mental image of toddler Zade sitting upstairs with a doob and some tunes. 

Zach used to act like he did. In the early years of the show he was annoyed with how he was raised and work in the Sheriff's office. He got the training and everything. He even lectured one of his brothers Trace/Warden/Jackson about getting a real job and saving money. He certainly seemed like he learned from his parents' lack of money and job. But then suddenly he quit his job to work at the BSB while spending money like crazy. I don't know what happened. It's a real change to how he thought in the earlier seasons.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

While I agree Z didn’t bear the work of having 18 younger siblings like Michael did, he was always plenty resentful of how he was raised - presumably bc he saw things get worse as they went from a reasonable 3-4 siblings up to 15+ mouths to feed. He’s very directly criticized Gil about never getting to go out to restaurants, never even getting to order a soda on a fun outing as Gil considered it a treat to order 3 sodas for 15 kids and everyone got a few sips.

And yeah Z was the one telling Trace that pre marriage he needed to be working w the sheriffs office and on his off days pick up as much construction work as he could bc he needed to be as financially prepared as possible for marriage, fatherhood. Trace asked - is that what you and Whit did, and Z was very honest as he said - no it’s what I SHOULD HAVE done but I didn’t know (ahem Gil).

Honestly I think this whole - quit the sheriffs office to sit home/send a few BSB packages - is Whit’s idea and Z isn’t the headship that can stand up to Whit bc he’s still so desperately in love with her, he’ll agree to anything. At first it just seemed like Kelly knew Whit’s desperation to fit in w the Bates so she was in W’s ear that it was soooo bad that Z works out of the home, long shifts, holidays/weekends, he isn’t “investing” in his kids - and Whit bought into all this and whined until Z quit.

In retrospect I think it was more. Tori and Bobby come running back to Knox in spring 2019 w allegations that Bobby looked at/spoke to/whatever another woman. While I’m sure Tori didn’t sit down and detail what Bobby did, we know that Kelly used that opportunity - which was right before Carlin’s wedding too - to shriek at her daughters/DILs about how it was THEIR responsibility to keep their men close, to keep an eye on them, not let hussies around them all day.

Bc it is very telling that Z&W went from a couple who was ok w Zach working in a county office where women residents stop by to going away to the police academy for a few months where he had female classmates to bam - within 1 yr of Tori/Bobby moving back, Z is suddenly glued to W’s hip. I’m thinking W worked on him hardcore re how bad it is to be away from her and his kids gasp ALL DAY.

Also sheds light on Evan’s comments that all 3 yrs he was in electrician school post wedding, Carlin would cry daily, begging him not to go. Same hysterics to keep her man away from all the hussies, alas she had to wait 3 long yrs for him to finish school before he quit work for good - lol. But no worries Carlin, that man ain’t ever working again so I hope you and Mama B are happy.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It looks like a postal vehicle to me. They pick up during their route, which I doubt this was, or you can schedule a pick up in advance.

Agree. I think it’s one of those deep or long vans. If that’s all their packages, I think that would be a lot of business, probably the last of their Black Friday/cyber Monday sale. Technically, some of those bags could be from other retailers that were already picked up. Also those bags are large (like the size of a kids mattress or sleeping bag) and hold a lot of packages. At work when I have to arrange them after dispatch, it’s like making a hundred tiny beds. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cereality said:

I mean the child's 3 year old sister runs up the stairs and screams "Zade time for Christmas lights," and opens the stairway gate for him. He comes to the stairwell alone, gets thru the gate, turns around and shuts it behind him and comes on down. Uh am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't be showing kids how to open/close baby proof things bc then what's the point of baby proofing?? Why not just show them how the cabinet latches and seatbelt connectors work so they can rummage through the cabinets and unbuckle themselves when they're in the mood?

I don't watch their videos so I can't comment on how really safe or unsafe Zade was, but I did get a laugh at him closing the gate before he went downstairs.  I didn't ever use baby gates.  I borrowed one and my 12 month old immediately climbed over it.  I decided the stairs were safer without it.  My daughter removed the gates as soon as the kids could open them or climb over them.  They were useless with the granddaughter.  Like her mother, she climbed like a monkey.  

I do wonder what an 18 month old was doing gated upstairs alone.  That one makes no sense to me in practical parenting.  It does seem they're setting him up to paint his face or the walls with nail polish or makeup or to start flushing things down the toilet.

• Like 8

I'm not watching but this week's YT clickbait is "BABY NUMBER 3? HERE'S OUR THOUGHTS." You have thoughts?? Beyond - our last 2 stupid YTs re Thanksgiving and New Traditions didn't even make $500 each and we gotta car payment to make??

Here's a thought C&E maybe raise the freaking kids you have. Maybe give them food that isn't Doritos and some kind of academic enrichment other than nail polish and makeup and h maybe watch them rather than letting them hang out in their rooms alone at 18 months like they are teens. Whatever happened to Layla's "school"? Funny how we never heard about that after the first few weeks.

Per Reddit folks who watched the YT - Evan is definitely all in but Carlin admits she keeps going back and forth on whether they are ready or not. Evan also said the decision is entirely up to Carlin since it's her body. Per Reddit that means Carlin is already pregnant/is about to be so this lines up a nice - OMG we didn't know what we were going to do re baby #3 but God showed us the way by granting us this accidental miracle.

Also amazing how it's "her body" works when it's YOUR wife WANTING another kid, but not when it's another woman who decides she doesn't want a kid, huh?

Edited by cereality
  • Like 4
  • Applause 9

I'm not surprised Evan and Carlin have already lost interest in homeschool. I imagine Layla got fussy after spending the umpteenth day coloring a few pictures, and E&C didn't want to fight the battle. It was probably cutting into Starbucks time. 

With regards to another pregnancy, smart people would get a diagnosis for the wife's health issues, get dad back to work and then consider a third baby, but we all know these two don't think like that.

Evan is starting to remind me of all the enabling partners on My 600 Lb. Life. I honestly believe he wants a reason to avoid getting a real job. If Carlin goes through a high-risk pregnancy and it triggers the seizures all over again, that's another three years he can spend golfing, influencing and gabbing it up at the Boutique. It's interesting how the sudden push is coming from him, while Carlin is wavering. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

I honestly don't think that Carlin wants another child. It's always Evan pushing the idea that he is ready for another baby and the timing is good. When they were getting ready to leave Katie's house after Hailey was born he made a joke about it was time to go home because he felt like a fever was coming on. Then he laughed and said he was getting baby fever. Carlin shut him down on this. When he brought up having another baby shortly after this Carlin hemmed and hawed and said that pregnancy was great and she enjoyed the attention she got during labor and delivery but after a few weeks the postpartum depression set in. Evan needs to get a grip and stop pushing this on Carlin. This decision should be up to Carlin when she is ready.  They have one child who is about 20 months old. What's the damn hurry to have another so soon? 

• Like 11

Never once have I heard anyone include the attention they get as a part of their pregnancy experience. NOT a reason to have a kid. Influencing is not a reason to have a kid.

Maybe C&E should do a pro and con list. When they get to the part of realizing they don't enjoy the kids they have, maybe they'll figure out what (not) to do.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

I expect that Evan is looking at their declining income for 'influencing' and wants a pregnancy to boost those numbers.  Another good reason NOT to have a child.

Evan is undoubtedly concerned he might have to get a real job and stop pretending he is doing something constructive pfaffing around all day.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

Regardless of their claim that the doctors have cleared Carlin for pregnancy, she is still young! Why not wait a few years and enjoy the kids they have? And since prior history tells us that C&E don’t really listen or seem to understand or care what medical professionals tell them, why risk your health? If I was Carlin I would be telling Evan to stop talking about HER body and her being pregnant. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I honestly don't think that Carlin wants another child. It's always Evan pushing the idea that he is ready for another baby and the timing is good. When they were getting ready to leave Katie's house after Hailey was born he made a joke about it was time to go home because he felt like a fever was coming on. Then he laughed and said he was getting baby fever. Carlin shut him down on this. When he brought up having another baby shortly after this Carlin hemmed and hawed and said that pregnancy was great and she enjoyed the attention she got during labor and delivery but after a few weeks the postpartum depression set in. Evan needs to get a grip and stop pushing this on Carlin. This decision should be up to Carlin when she is ready.  They have one child who is about 20 months old. What's the damn hurry to have another so soon? 

He doesn’t want to work to support his family, and thus needs another pregnancy and infant to exploit to drive clicks/$$. It’s shameful and disgusting.

• Like 15

The place they stayed at is $400-500/night at minimum and no you aren't getting comp-ed just bc you tagged them, as everyone tries to do that; no wonder it's only a 1-2 night getaway. Good call re K&T they went to Montauk - the beach towns in the Hamptons NY were  NYC rich people go - that was a super expensive getaway even for 1-2 nights in the off season. Gotta keep up with Z&W too as they are headed to Hawaii for their 10th anniversary and you know that's going to be at least a week+.

Gotta say if Carlin is reading Reddit and she has shown us before that does by accidentally showing the BUB page open - she's going to be heartbroken at the criticism she and her husband are getting. Usually it's all leghumpers over there, but this time wow people are calling it out. Evan only wants baby #3 as their YT hits drop and he needs new content. He could care less whether it's safe for his wife and frankly any type of complications just lend themselves to more of those 200k+ view clickbait YTs with the whole "OMG DR DOING SCARY TESTS" "PRAY FOR OUR BABY." Plus at minimum another yr+ of being home bc who is gonna drive to/from the high risk OB, sonograms, neuro follow ups during pregnancy etc. -  it's not like her unemployed parents, sisters, or Uber could do it.

I assume the purpose of this trip was to make a baby and then have an announcement ready to go at Christmas if it's immediately when she pees on the stick or at I Love You Day if she wants to wait a 1-2 months. But whatever the case - Carlin does NOT look right lately.

I mean I guess she hasn't for a while -  crying every day when Evan was headed off to school/apprenticeship begging him not to go; admitting that she LOVES delivering babies bc of all the attention from the nurses/drs/everyone but then a week later when both families have gone home and it's just her and the baby "post partum" sets in; reassuring HERSELF by harassing 2 year old Layla nonstop with "we're best friends right?" "say we're best friends."

But IDK in that YT she just looks - off. Though I guess it was just this summer that she pretty much asked for therapy as directly as any fundie girl is gonna ask and her asshole husband brushed it off with - babe I AM your therapist, talk to me. When she said she feels bad talking to him - oh babe YOUTUBE is your therapy - i.e please go ahead and bare your soul so I don't have to work and can play more golf.

And since then we've seen her taking copious notes at church - bc that's gonna help whatever is going on. Plus crying bc she feels SOOO BLESSED to have the pastor/pastor's wife in her life!? I guess he's playing the same hand as G&K did years ago - why aren't you happy; you SHOULD be happy; you are blessed with ME and kids and we can have more kids - that's what every woman wants; you just aren't grateful enough - you need to pray more . . . .

• Sad 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I'm not a therapist or psychologist, but just based on layman's observation, Carlin strikes me as someone suffering from extreme anxiety. I think she's afraid to be alone with her thoughts which is why she bounces from thing to thing with Evan glued to her side. If she's on the move 24/7, she doesn't have to sit with her emotions and deal with what's really bothering her. I agree she's in desperate need of professional help, and shame on Evan. Putting passive-aggressive pressure on your wife to have another baby when she's mentally unwell is a shitty thing to do.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

Has Carlin mentioned if she’s been cleared to drive? Ozziedad was allowed to drive 6 months after last seizure;   he is on anti seizure meds, probably for a few more years, so that doesn’t stop one from driving. Or does Evan discourage her even thinking about driving since he’d have no excuse then to be her personal chauffeur.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2