Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

These people seem so divorced from the idea of putting their kid first it’s kind of amazing. Gotta make memories and a YT video so gingerbread house day. Layla has been going on about pink for weeks and they bought her a pink house kit she spotted at Target. So fast forward to the activity - mom and dad must each make their own house to “compete” w each other, Carlin writing out Stew Crew on her roof. They leave a 3 yr old to herself to put together her pink house she desperately wants. Of course a 3 yr old can’t put it together so seems like for hrs she struggles with a pile of walls/roof that she can’t get vertical, dropping them repeatedly and breaking them. And at the end she’s frustrated and is like “I never get to [do anything].” Carlin’s solution - oh this pile is great, here put some snow [sugar] on top — and Layla sits there eating white sugar by the handful?!

Uh morons these activities are for kids not YOU. Really one of you couldn’t work w her to put together the house she desperately wanted and then let her decorate? Instead working on your OWN house was so much more important as was making one house perfect for YT??

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

Can you imagine being Layla in the future and looking back at that Gingerbread house video? Carlin did not care at all that Layla doesn’t know how to put together a gingerbread house. But she stole the show according to the click bait title. Jeez, C & E grow up! Help your child. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, cereality said:

These people seem so divorced from the idea of putting their kid first it’s kind of amazing. Gotta make memories and a YT video so gingerbread house day. Layla has been going on about pink for weeks and they bought her a pink house kit she spotted at Target. So fast forward to the activity - mom and dad must each make their own house to “compete” w each other, Carlin writing out Stew Crew on her roof. They leave a 3 yr old to herself to put together her pink house she desperately wants. Of course a 3 yr old can’t put it together so seems like for hrs she struggles with a pile of walls/roof that she can’t get vertical, dropping them repeatedly and breaking them. And at the end she’s frustrated and is like “I never get to [do anything].” Carlin’s solution - oh this pile is great, here put some snow [sugar] on top — and Layla sits there eating white sugar by the handful?!

Uh morons these activities are for kids not YOU. Really one of you couldn’t work w her to put together the house she desperately wanted and then let her decorate? Instead working on your OWN house was so much more important as was making one house perfect for YT??

We bought the same house for my 18 yr old daughter. She couldn’t get it put together on her own (we are more of a  “pre built” family).  No way was a 2 yr old putting that together.  Shame on these idiots!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm glad I took a pass on this one. They'd already posted about their "family traditions," so there wasn't anything that I felt would be worth my time to watch.

Believe me I wasn’t gonna generate YT $ for them by watching the video, this is just the awful parenting I gathered from her 5 IG stories on the matter.

1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Can you imagine being Layla in the future and looking back at that Gingerbread house video? Carlin did not care at all that Layla doesn’t know how to put together a gingerbread house. But she stole the show according to the click bait title. Jeez, C & E grow up! Help your child. 

I feel like 16 or 18 yr old Layla will be sad seeing that video bc the realization will hit that this was something she really wanted to do but instead of helping her, her parents were too busy playing by themselves. And then made jokes re - oh it’s a pink driveway or pile of bricks and appeased her with a handful of white sugar when she got frustrated - literally sugar not even candy.

It’s super clear these two believe in Michelle Duggar/Kelly Bates child rearing - like when a kid can’t be carried as a Gucci bag + just isn’t baby cute anymore, they’re done with it; Layla is reaching those milestones.

I mean they posted an IG the other night returning home from a date (bc their whole lives aren’t “me time”) and L asks something about where they went. Evan proceeds to tell her they had steak and potatoes - IDK struck me as a bit unkind to say to a kid who routinely gets snacks for dinner - though maybe the babysitter was like Aunt Michael who cooked that night; but hey Gil used to let teens fight over a bite of steak. And then daddy and L proceeded to play - L sits at the top of the stairs, daddy at the bottom, daddy throws a ball to L to hit her and it then rolls back down to daddy who does it again and again?! Uh first that’s not a game and even if the child thinks it was fun to accidentally get hit w an errant throw once, you don’t keep doing it bc she’s your child not your 22 yr old frat bro?! Second way to teach kids that horsing around on the stairs is great. Like sure maybe it’s not as big of a deal w a 3 yr old but you have a younger kid in the house too who’ll soon be walking and think stairs NBD - daddy and L play here all the time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

Sadly, we really could compile posts over the last 3 years and make a manual of parenting don'ts.

• Dragging kid(s) around the country during a pandemic
  • Over/under feeding kids
  • Feeding kids empty calories
  • Bringing kids to late night adult events
  • Ignoring kids' sleep needs
  • Praising kids for being cute/fat/pretty
  • Dressing kids for pictures rather than comfort/weather
  • Carrying kids when at risk for passing out
  • Ignoring kids' health needs
  • Ignoring kids
  • Like 6
  • Sad 6

Poor Layla. I just want to adopt her and buy her all the pink she wants.

With regards to gingerbread houses, any idiot knows you put the frame together and let the kids add the decorations. I can't believe (or maybe I can) that E&C can't even get that detail right. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

I didn’t watch the YouTube video, but the videos in her stories were just sad, to me.

8 hours ago, cereality said:

Believe me I wasn’t gonna generate YT $ for them by watching the video, this is just the awful parenting I gathered from her 5 IG stories on the matter.

I feel like 16 or 18 yr old Layla will be sad seeing that video bc the realization will hit that this was something she really wanted to do but instead of helping her, her parents were too busy playing by themselves. And then made jokes re - oh it’s a pink driveway or pile of bricks and appeased her with a handful of white sugar when she got frustrated - literally sugar not even candy.

It’s super clear these two believe in Michelle Duggar/Kelly Bates child rearing - like when a kid can’t be carried as a Gucci bag + just isn’t baby cute anymore, they’re done with it; Layla is reaching those milestones.

I mean they posted an IG the other night returning home from a date (bc their whole lives aren’t “me time”) and L asks something about where they went. Evan proceeds to tell her they had steak and potatoes - IDK struck me as a bit unkind to say to a kid who routinely gets snacks for dinner - though maybe the babysitter was like Aunt Michael who cooked that night; but hey Gil used to let teens fight over a bite of steak. And then daddy and L proceeded to play - L sits at the top of the stairs, daddy at the bottom, daddy throws a ball to L to hit her and it then rolls back down to daddy who does it again and again?! Uh first that’s not a game and even if the child thinks it was fun to accidentally get hit w an errant throw once, you don’t keep doing it bc she’s your child not your 22 yr old frat bro?! Second way to teach kids that horsing around on the stairs is great. Like sure maybe it’s not as big of a deal w a 3 yr old but you have a younger kid in the house too who’ll soon be walking and think stairs NBD - daddy and L play here all the time.

Evan telling her they got her stocking stuffers, but she can’t have them now. Why mention it at all?

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t watch the YouTube video, but the videos in her stories were just sad, to me.

Evan telling her they got her stocking stuffers, but she can’t have them now. Why mention it at all?

E&C have two children, but are totally lacking in understanding of children! 

• Like 7

Poor Layla. She is quite intelligent- her vocabulary is very impressive for her age. If only she had a regular sleep schedule and decent diet.  If she was my granddaughter I would give her all the pink she wanted and help her with her house instead of treating her like a cute accessory.

Why do they all insist on dragging their young kids to church during the week?  Evening services and little kids do not mix.  You would think that a culture that "values" children would be more focused on their well-being.

Saddest take away is that poor Layla will most likely be homeschooled by her dolts of parents. She deserves better.  

Evan filling her stocking?  I guess they don't do Santa.

• Sad 5
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Evan, WTF is going on with that hair? 🤡

IKR? 🤣

It's the counterpoint to Carlin's slicked-flat, center-part non-style.

I kind of hope Zade has a diaper blowout on her white dress. 

28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Apparently they need an electrician.

Wherever could they find one?! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

So, someone who could pass out at any time and had to have her husband quit his job to be sure he was there at all times to catch her is now standing in very high heels holding her infant son.  OK then.  And God made colors too, so it's ok to wear them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Turquoise said:

The reason the huge mirror was needed in the living room...

Likely the same reason Josie and Co. got one. It's the new fundie must-have. 

I hope those mirrors are anchored by a professional lest a child or pet get squashed. Adults would be fine. 

• Like 8

Carlin has a story with poor Zade clad in a diaper. I get the Michelin baby look is cute but there are too many perverts out there. Cover up that cute chunker. He does have impressive rolls. 

Theres also a clip of Zade asleep on Evan’s lap like a sack of potatoes, again. What do they have against a playpen for their babies to nap? Even a dedicated area with a couple of comforters will do. 

I did not know that you know you are a mom when your kids fall asleep in the car and you run every errand possible. Two kids over two decades and I never got the true meaning of motherhood. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, SMama said:

Theres also a clip of Zade asleep on Evan’s lap like a sack of potatoes, again. What do they have against a playpen for their babies to nap? Even a dedicated area with a couple of comforters will do. 

DA4C3CD8-92AD-445A-A42F-BD36B2672A53.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Gosh. I look at all these pictures she posts having had some bit of sympathy because mothers all started off somewhere with no experience. Usually by kid #2 you’ve got things mostly figured out by kid 3 (in my case)I felt like a pro. 
Fast forward to this year and I find out my 10 year old has a congenital heart defect that went undetected from birth despite my having taken him to every well child visit and whatever else my dr recommended. He ended up needing urgent surgery and has two stents in his aortic valve now. 
we had precautionary echos done on my other two kids last week and my youngest (6) has ASD (hole in the heart). 

And through this all I can do is look back and blame myself knowing I did nothing wrong but I take solace in the fact that I was never as bad a mother as Carlin presents herself to be. 

• Hugs 16
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Looks like they're at the boutique. They probably have something there from when Whit's kids were smaller. Far be it that the Stewarts think of it. 🙄

I expect that, when the kids were smaller, they slept in their car seat/baby carriers at the boutique.  These two have seemingly never given a moment's thought to their children's comfort or well being.

Sure, most people who bring their children to their place of work regularly would have a designated area for the kids to play and special naptime bedding, etc.  These two ninnies cannot even bother to bring a sleeping bag or comforter from home and toss that on the floor for their kids to use for sleeping.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Looks like they're at the boutique. They probably have something there from when Whit's kids were smaller. Far be it that the Stewarts think of it. 🙄

I wonder if they are aware of the criticism. 

What does Whit do for childcare? It seems like she brings the kids to the boutique occasionally but it's not an "all the time" thing like it is with Carlin. Are the Stewarts too cheap to pay a sitter? Or do they not want the expense cutting into their latte budget? I definitely don't think it's because they have some great attachment to their kids. They have no problem dumping them on Evan's parents the second they hit Nashville limits, so surely they'd trust them with a sister or church friend. 

• Sad 5
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What does Whit do for childcare? It seems like she brings the kids to the boutique occasionally but it's not an "all the time" thing like it is with Carlin. Are the Stewarts too cheap to pay a sitter? Or do they not want the expense cutting into their latte budget? I definitely don't think it's because they have some great attachment to their kids. They have no problem dumping them on Evan's parents the second they hit Nashville limits, so surely they'd trust them with a sister or church friend. 

Well, you never know when Layla will put on mommy's lipstick or Zade will fill his diaper, if they don't have their kids with them at all times, how will they ever get enough pics to post on the 'gram?

• Like 7
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Seems like Z&W splurge on some kind of childcare. At first I assumed it was Addie/Ellie for free but then it became clear that when it was Addie/Ellie, all the kids ended up at the store all day; prob bc Kelly was like hmm 4 grandbabies here all day screaming their heads off, I'm headed to the shop and then EVERYONE was like ok we'll go too or Addie/Ellie at Z&W's house were like how do we entertain these kids all day - off to the shop. FWIW that hasn't really happened in months leading me to believe the childcare is now someone paid to entertain the kids at home [and/or Whit's mom a few days a week]. When Whit does have a kid with her often she'll say they're just stopping by or it's a treat for that kid to go to work with mom for a few hours.

While Z&W also live extravagantly in ways that don't make sense - $8000 stoves or sofas costing tens of thousands - reality is they don't waste money like C&E. Like I haven't noticed that Z&W must have a Sbux in hand each time they're in the car, nor have I noticed their kids with constant cake pops or convenience store bags of chips ever. While Whit def shops, it doesn't seem like as much useless Target/Walmart shopping as C&E who seem to make an event of it. Z&W both cook - sure they seem to go out a fair amount too but it seems like their going out is more of a "splurge" once a week or whatever at like their local Japanese restaurant rather than - hmm IDK what to do for dinner, let's just drive thru CFA and spend $30-40 on meals many times a week.

Plus at the end of the day Z has said that he's picking up shifts at the sheriff's office so it's quite obvious that in months where the store brought in less $ or they spent big on home appliances or whatever, Z was bringing in extra $. Fairly confident Evan isn't doing that and really can't do that bc while he finished electrical school/apprentice - he doesn't have real experience and was never affiliated with an employer long enough that he could call someone and say hey any chance I could grab 10-20 hrs this month? He was with his employer for not even a week and then went on FMLA and didn't go back so they don't know him or his work, nor did he have any personal relationships over there to where they'd want to help him out.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

It kind of does but I think it’s one of the Gerber Lil Crunchies (or similar product) specifically made for babies. 

Makes sense since K&G gave Zade a gift bag full of Gerber snacks at their party. 

• Like 3