Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And Zade will fuss when they remember to try and use the ointment and then they will not use as directed because too hard, is my guess.

Iā€™m sure no one told them how to apply it. šŸ˜

• LOL 7

How many days until they all have it, two, three? Pink eye is highly contagious if hands, bedding, blankets, towels are not kept clean. No doubt Carlin will get it, put on make-up and then keep re-infecting herself.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

How old is Zade? Less than a yr right? This kid has gone through a lot with multiple resp infections with nebulizers [I mean I guess it could've just been one long resp infection that didn't clear up for a while] and now pink eye. I mean I get it he's not an only child and kids with older siblings catch everything from their sibling. Yet it's not like he's a daycare baby nor does his sister go to any kind of preschool daily.Ā  Is this exposure just going store to store to store on a daily basis + seeing Evan's family/his nieces or nephews who presumably go to school/Evan's siblings who work in hospitals? Bc damn keep your baby home a bit more esp in the middle of winter. This isn't a case of well we HAVE to work so he HAS to go to daycare, what can we do.

Reality is they are just learning about the effects of Covid and that research will go on for years. But one of the newer research findings is that kids born to moms who had covid during pregnancy - which Carlin did last Christmas/New Years - appear to have smaller/less mature lungs, so there's a question of how well those kids will handle respiratory issues. But how would Carlin/Evan know that? Does not appear they go to a pediatrician, so no one is looking at Zade's whole file, asking Carlin if she had covid, and then saying to them - hey there's a lot of RSV right now so maybe try to keep him home more than usual at least for a few months or if you have to go out with him, try not to go at busy times etc.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, cereality said:

How old is Zade? Less than a yr right? This kid has gone through a lot with multiple resp infections with nebulizers [I mean I guess it could've just been one long resp infection that didn't clear up for a while] and now pink eye. I mean I get it he's not an only child and kids with older siblings catch everything from their sibling. Yet it's not like he's a daycare baby nor does his sister go to any kind of preschool daily.Ā  Is this exposure just going store to store to store on a daily basis + seeing Evan's family/his nieces or nephews who presumably go to school/Evan's siblings who work in hospitals? Bc damn keep your baby home a bit more esp in the middle of winter. This isn't a case of well we HAVE to work so he HAS to go to daycare, what can we do.

Reality is they are just learning about the effects of Covid and that research will go on for years. But one of the newer research findings is that kids born to moms who had covid during pregnancy - which Carlin did last Christmas/New Years - appear to have smaller/less mature lungs, so there's a question of how well those kids will handle respiratory issues. But how would Carlin/Evan know that? Does not appear they go to a pediatrician, so no one is looking at Zade's whole file, asking Carlin if she had covid, and then saying to them - hey there's a lot of RSV right now so maybe try to keep him home more than usual at least for a few months or if you have to go out with him, try not to go at busy times etc.

As Dr. Phil has said (from the way back days when I watched him sometimes) and I'm sure others have said "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" we can be sure these dolts will not improve. Ā  Ā Unless there is some kind of epiphany for one or both that they pay attention to. Ā So what are the chances? Ā Zero

• Like 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

As Dr. Phil has said (from the way back days when I watched him sometimes) and I'm sure others have said "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" we can be sure these dolts will not improve. Ā  Ā Unless there is some kind of epiphany for one or both that they pay attention to. Ā So what are the chances? Ā Zero

I have to say, Evan actually disappoints me in this regard more than Carlin. The Bates kids grew up dirt poor, with no regular checkups or other preventative care, and trips to the E.R. as a last alternative. Her blase attitude towards health, diet and lifestyle isn't surprising given her upbringing. Evan, however, should know better.Ā 

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Speaking of blasĆ© attitudes towards health, as I FFed through the video, I spied Carlin standing on one of the dining room chairs decorating the tree. That's really smart for someone who has unpredictable "episodes" when one loses control of the body.Ā 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 5
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Speaking of blasĆ© attitudes towards health, as I FFed through the video, I spied Carlin standing on one of the dining room chairs decorating the tree. That's really smart for someone who has unpredictable "episodes" when one loses control of the body.Ā 

Unless that whole storyline is played out and she's fine!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I also saw Carlin standing on a chair putting decorations up in that video. I thought to myself..."what the heck?????" why would she be doing that? These two dolts never cease to amaze me with their lack of common sense and general knowledge. I would hope that any ER doc would ask for certain who the childrens' pediatrician is during an ER encounter. They would want to e-send the ER records to that doctor's office. I was in the ED out of state last month and my primary care doc already had the lab/imaging findings, etc in their possession..sent by the ER within a week.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have to say, Evan actually disappoints me in this regard more than Carlin. The Bates kids grew up dirt poor, with no regular checkups or other preventative care, and trips to the E.R. as a last alternative. Her blase attitude towards health, diet and lifestyle isn't surprising given her upbringing. Evan, however, should know better.Ā 

Agreed. He married a poor country bumpkin with zero formal education and even less common sense, who looked to him to guide her stupid ass thru life. So why isn't he doing that? He grew up in a family where he got medical care - I mean he's said he's gone to the eye dr forever, so I can't imagine his parents took him to the eye dr but not to a general physician/pediatrician for physicals. Why doesn't HE get that no - just anyone in a white coat isn't a dr., and certain medical professionals are there for urgent issues not longer term issues which his kids seem to have? Granted his wife wouldn't agree bc she'd be like - oh we only went to the ER growing up and we're fine - but can he not pull his headship card as the dad?Ā 

Though I bet it's harder for these emasculated men who aren't bringing home the $ to pull the headship card. He works for his wife's boutique and yeah he makes $ on YT but what would the YT channel be if he couldn't exploit his wife's issues and his kids?

Plus even if he convinced Carlin that yes the kids need to go to the dr, do blood work/other testing in a timely fashion when needed etc., and generally follow drs advice whether that's 3 meals/day or bedtimes, let's be real he probably doesn't want to upset his life either. Drs. appts that you have to get to on time sometimes at 10 am? Helping put meals on the table - bc let's be real his wife can't/won't do it on her own. Staying home after 7 pm so kids can sleep instead of woohoo "partying" with Z&W - uh yeah all that is too much work and commitment to someone who'd rather roll out of bed at 10, grab his Sbux, and do whatever until midnight.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Carlin's sick. A nightstand full of cough drops and Starbucks. šŸ™„

I get it there's a ton of stuff going around but you just want to shake them and be like be careful! I mean given her issues and the kids issues, like try not to take any more risks here. They've had covid twice and now probably aren't even testing anymore. There's all sorts of studies out now that getting covid over and over is really bad for the body, as well as data that having had covid makes it harder for the body to fight off regular stuff later. While there isn't preventative care for most of this stuff, I doubt they even get the care that is available - like flu shots for them and their kids. I mean I understand this with many people - they HAVE to work, they HAVE to go to school and then exposure happens. But for these people, do they HAVE to go to Target,, Walmart, Sbux, every day?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I wonder if she went on the Starbucks run with Evan, or did she she stay in bed?Ā 

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't see what's on her nightstand, but I assume most of it shouldn't get into the hands of a 2 year old or 7 month old.

Cough drops, decongestant, Starbucks. All of which were within Layla's reach.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't see what's on her nightstand, but I assume most of it shouldn't get into the hands of a 2 year old or 7 month old.

Looks like it includes Zadeā€™s ointment. I wonder if theyā€™re using it correctly.

C2EC6FC0-F1BB-479E-819A-1529DEE26ED8.jpeg

• Useful 1

Wow, cold meds - pills and liquid, prescription meds, Zade's ointment and cough drops. Never mind the jewelry, earbuds and coffee. I think my kids were near 10 before I got out of the habit of baby/kid proofing. I still to this day, turn my pan handles over the counter while cooking.

Do Evan and Carlin even have kids?

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, cold meds - pills and liquid, prescription meds, Zade's ointment and cough drops. Never mind the jewelry, earbuds and coffee. I think my kids were near 10 before I got out of the habit of baby/kid proofing. I still to this day, turn my pan handles over the counter while cooking.

Do Evan and Carlin even have kids?

So many tiny things on that nightstand! My kids are in their 30ā€™s and live thousands of miles away and I also turn my pan handles in!

• Like 5
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So many tiny things on that nightstand! My kids are in their 30ā€™s and live thousands of miles away and I also turn my pan handles in!

Isn't that funny how old habits stick?Ā 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Even if it's a staged nightstand pic, it makes me nervous with these two idiots because they are more attentive to social media than their kids. I can see them taking the perfect nightstand pic + the pic of Carlin looking just so with her electric blanket and then zoning out to find the perfect filters and post them on IG without putting the meds away. In the meantime they have a nearly 3 yr old who is never constructively occupied in anything just wandering around. And she's used to snacking non stop. I can see her being like oohh this looks like candy and grabbing some Ricola. The other med looks like the type that comes in those foil sheets. A kid could easily pierce those with her nails or worse yet she could grab and entire foil sheet and be like hmm I'll save these for later right here in my pocket.

She could do this if C&E walked out of the room without clearing the table of the meds, but let's be real she could easily do it with them in the room too since they both don't seem like they look up from their phones so she can likely do whatever.

I mean clearly Carlin grew up in a home where child proofing was not a thing as I'm sure meds etc. were left out in G&K's sty,Ā  but did Evan grow up like that too? Doesn't seem like it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3

I think Evan is inherently lazy, and becoming a Bates has just fueled that, especially if he sees his in-laws more often than he does his own family. I suspect he has a wide streak of attention whore in his makeup, too.Ā 

• Love 6

Evan may have grown up in a more typical family, but it seems to me his parents are onboard with his new 'career'. I think they might actually be impressed with him.

Layla could also share with her brother. Give him a cough drop or play with the earrings on the bed and Zade picks them up and puts them in his mouth. Or Layla might try and put Zade's cream on his eye for him, etc.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

I think Evan is inherently lazy, and becoming a Bates has just fueled that, especially if he sees his in-laws more often than he does his own family. I suspect he has a wide streak of attention whore in his makeup, too.Ā 

Evan has mentioned a few times that he was the first son after four daughters so I bet he was spoiled and the center of attention from birth. So marrying into the Bates clan and being on TV was great for him. I always found Tori and Carlin loud and obnoxious on BUB, but now it seems Tori has outgrown that but sadly Carlin has not. Being in the middle of the pack of kids Iā€™m sure G&KJ hardly paid any attention to them, and I guess Carlin still looks for any attention she can.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Carlin has posted a few reels (hope that is the proper term) of them waiting in what appears to be a doctorā€™s office. Who is the appointment for? One of the kids? Did Carlin have another episode? The music to the first one is guess whoā€™s back from Eminem. Weird choice of soundtrack.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
33 minutes ago, SMama said:

Carlin has posted a few reels (hope that is the proper term) of them waiting in what appears to be a doctorā€™s office. Who is the appointment for? One of the kids? Did Carlin have another episode? The music to the first one is guess whoā€™s back from Eminem. Weird choice of soundtrack.Ā 

Carlin had a mask on and Evan didn't, so I assume she is sick. And of course poor Zade is napping.

• Sad 4
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin had a mask on and Evan didn't, so I assume she is sick. And of course poor Zade is napping.

I noticed poor Zade asleep and Evan holding him like a sack of potatoes. Why canā€™t he make his baby comfortable? I totally get they are young but itā€™s difficult watching how little regard they have for their babies.Ā 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Evan also made remarks about his clothes. He's gaining weight and constantly wearing the joggers. I wonder if he can even fit into his regular pants anymore. He had the funeral suit, but since Carlin linked up all their clothes, that was probably a recent purchase.Ā 

• LOL 3
53 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Evan also made remarks about his clothes. He's gaining weight and constantly wearing the joggers. I wonder if he can even fit into his regular pants anymore. He had the funeral suit, but since Carlin linked up all their clothes, that was probably a recent purchase.Ā 

Being a sloth will do that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Evan doesn't look bad or anything, but I'm not surprised he's gaining weight. He might get the occasional salad at Carl's Jr., but that 800-calorie a day Starbucks habit is going to offset any healthy choices.

Poor Layla. She's said in several videos she wants "pink" for Christmas. Kid's fighting hard against her Sad Beige existence.Ā 

• Like 6
  • Sad 8

So they were at urgent care for Carlin who has the flu + pink eye; has the flu has progressed in some way bc she's in the car with 3 CVS prescription bags after? I mean something for pink eye, maybe Tamiflu and??

Does the entire family need to be at urgent care where people are coming and going with all kinds of problems? I get it they're in their own room, but uh someone else was coughing in that room 2 min prior to your unmasked kids' arrival, and BTW they were probably also "masked" like Carlin masked - i.e. put a mask on technically bc you're asked but with the mask wide open on all sides/top. I mean I get Evan has to drive her but can he not wait in the car with the kids and they can play with "what does Evan want for Christmas" game later for IG? And are their viewers losing patience with them? Bc some of those gift suggestions seemed like they were mocking Evan -- nose hair clippers LOL; subscription to a meat delivery service. Evan mocked the meat delivery suggestion being like he didn't want 80-20 ground beef in his stocking, but uh your viewers may be suggesting you all cook at home.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They need a subscription to Gobble or another semi-prepped meal service.Ā Ā 

Or they could learn to cook from Tiffany. Heck, Kelton and Josie spend Saturday nights watching cooking videos on YouTube and watching Food Network.Ā 
Ā 

Carlin got pink eye? Iā€™m surprised Layla doesnā€™t have it as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Gobble does the shopping and most of the prep for people.Ā  They may need to work their way slowly into cooking balanced meals daily.

12 minutes ago, SMama said:

Carlin got pink eye? Iā€™m surprised Layla doesnā€™t have it as well.

She may have it and they haven't noticed yet.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1

That was the most ridiculous video. Iā€™ll add to the description. Carlin is sick, so what does Evan do? He put lipstick on Layla while they waited. It wasnā€™t a pretend kid lipstick, it was Carlinā€™s from the looks of it. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

All of them going in was ridiculous. Iā€™m surprised it was allowed.

DF463EAD-6559-4271-BD00-5A570A30DAF2.jpeg

A08C8666-A39C-4ACB-8ECF-063564BF230D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
On 12/1/2022 at 5:59 PM, ginger90 said:

Recent video in Carlinā€™s Instagram stories:

Carlin had an ā€œepisode ā€œ a couple of days ago. She is very tired. They purchased chairs for their dining area table that they supposedly havenā€™t purchased yet. She wants opinions, square or oval? She then proceeded to roll out clay to do Zadeā€™s footprint for an ornament. She gave a tour of new purchases downstairs. After all of that, and in the same video, they are now on their way to a walk-in clinic because Zade isnā€™t feeling well. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

How does this couple afford to pay their healthcare bills? Ā I would think that, even with health insurance, they would have accrued quite a large bill by now.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, cereality said:

So they were at urgent care for Carlin who has the flu + pink eye; has the flu has progressed in some way bc she's in the car with 3 CVS prescription bags after? I mean something for pink eye, maybe Tamiflu and??

Does the entire family need to be at urgent care where people are coming and going with all kinds of problems? I get it they're in their own room, but uh someone else was coughing in that room 2 min prior to your unmasked kids' arrival, and BTW they were probably also "masked" like Carlin masked - i.e. put a mask on technically bc you're asked but with the mask wide open on all sides/top. I mean I get Evan has to drive her but can he not wait in the car with the kids and they can play with "what does Evan want for Christmas" game later for IG? And are their viewers losing patience with them? Bc some of those gift suggestions seemed like they were mocking Evan -- nose hair clippers LOL; subscription to a meat delivery service. Evan mocked the meat delivery suggestion being like he didn't want 80-20 ground beef in his stocking, but uh your viewers may be suggesting you all cook at home.

Carlin doesnā€™t have a driverā€™s license??

Not a day goes by around here that there aren't new stories about how the hospitals are full of kids with respiratory ailments.Ā  There are a lot of parents who have to send kids to school and go to work themselves who have had to deal with issues and plenty with babies only a few months old having deal with their child ending up in the PICU.Ā  Yet these fools just carry on like nothing is going on.Ā  I imagine Carlin thinks the pediatrician is mean because I'm betting they reamed her out over the chicken nuggets in the exam room.Ā Ā 

That picture of her nightstand was ridiculous.Ā  I can see it has a drawer, so why not put all that stuff in there out of the kids' reach?Ā  Plus I guarantee you half of that stuff would get knocked to the floor when she was reaching for something.Ā  Maybe it's having cats that makes me want to keep surfaces relatively free of clutter.Ā  In my house, the cats will take care of it if they feel the nightstand has too much stuff on it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I imagine Carlin thinks the pediatrician is mean because I'm betting they reamed her out over the chicken nuggets in the exam room.Ā Ā 

I really donā€™t see a pediatrician reaming a parent over chicken nuggets. We always had a hard time getting them to make obvious reports for neglect and abuse as required by law. So chicken nuggets would not even register on a 15 minute check up. I canā€™t even see a doctor bothering to remind the parent no food or drinks allowed. Nurses? Maybe but still donā€™t see them bothering much. Nurses are more overworked than doctors. YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 12/4/2022 at 12:54 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

There was video of her during their Thanksgiving video of her holding Zade (I think) and jumping on a trampoline with other small kids.Ā  Glad she didn't have an "episode" then either.Ā Ā 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

In Carlinā€™s IG story right now, she has Zade stripped down to his diaper to show off his rolls. Ā His has more rolls than Charmin! Ā 

That baby is cuteness overload but I wish she didnā€™t post the kid like that. Thereā€™s way too many perverts out there, like FF.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

The fact that they took those children especially Zade into a doctor's office or urgent care with flu and RSV being rampant is extremely disconcerting to me. Is there no one in the huge Bates family who could have kept the children while Evan took Carlin to to the Doctor's office? It's like they have to make it a family outing. Ā Laughing and carrying on like it is a big joke while exposing their little chilren to nasty viruses.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The fact that they took those children especially Zade into a doctor's office or urgent care with flu and RSV being rampant is extremely disconcerting to me. Is there no one in the huge Bates family who could have kept the children while Evan took Carlin to to the Doctor's office? It's like they have to make it a family outing. Ā Laughing and carrying on like it is a big joke while exposing their little chilren to nasty viruses.Ā 

I mean they're just entirely divorced from reality and they like it. You know they don't watch TV news, they don't read. So how else would the know that it's a bad yr for flu + RSV + covid? Normal people who don't watch news or read would know bc they go to work and their coworkers are out sick and/or discussing this or their kids go to school/daycare and they're hearing how many kids are absent, how some schools can't even find enough substitute teachers right now etc.

Yet their "coworkers" are Z&W and some rotating cast of girls from church - so about the same as them. When they're mindlessly stuffing sweaters in envelopes, I guarantee the conversation NEVER turns to what's going on in the world/country. It is likely vapid conversation re "fashion," YouTube/IG, what fast food or convenience store snack to have for lunch, and complimenting themselves on how cute their own kids are bc you know they made those kids.

So then the other way to know would be to listen to someone else - like maybe a nurse at urgent care said hmm maybe your husband can wait in the car with the kids and they didn't take the hint [or just were like if it isn't a rule then no - like never considering it was for their kids' benefit]. Maybe a dr/NP/PA that saw Carlin walked in and saw the entire family and said something about you know there's a lot of stuff circulating, it's best to keep the kids out of here as E&C shrugged and were like - oh she/he HAS to say that, it's NBD.

9 hours ago, SMama said:

I really donā€™t see a pediatrician reaming a parent over chicken nuggets. So chicken nuggets would not even register on a 15 minute check up. I canā€™t even see a doctor bothering to remind the parent no food or drinks allowed. Nurses? Maybe but still donā€™t see them bothering much. Nurses are more overworked than doctors. YMMV.

While I don't see any pediatrician reaming out any parent - esp these days where parents/people generally are SO AVERSE and hostile to listening to drs about basic things like vaccines etc. I do see aĀ pediatrician seeing chicken nuggets and opening up a line of questions like - so how often does she have fast food, what else does she eat, what's her favorite fruit/veggie. And I can see C&E feeling insulted by that - that some fancy book learnin' dr. was judging their parenting and being "mean," we don't need her; I also believe theĀ pediatrician was a her and I can see them taking even more offense to that bc lowly woman what does she know, she's not even home with her own babies [or maybe doesn't even have babies].

And I guess obese babies are considered cute though not my personal preference, they seem a bit obsessively proud of how fat their son is. Like yes Carlin you make milk like a cow, can we move on? And whether he's cute or not, uh aren't you besties with Joy Duggar? Are you unaware of how many guys like her brother are out there? Do you feel like it's a good idea to put out pics of your kids with nothing but diapers on? Or are you still convinced that Joshie did nothing and the devil is just "testing" the Duggar family - with his 12 yr prison sentence??

• Like 7

I think there are two reasons why the whole family goes everywhere together. One is that Carlin is incapable of doing anything alone. The other is that they are desperate for content for clicks. Also, it's not like they are busy!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1

Evan should have stayed in the car with the kids. But like @BetyBeeĀ said, they need content to get the clicks.

IMO, they're going to lose followers/clicks if they keep click baiting their Friday YTs.

Next headline will be, Zade has check-up, you won't believe what we found out!!!!!!Ā Then, 2 minutes before the end of the video they'll say Zade is in the 85% of weight and only at 50% of height. And because they don't know what that means, they'll just smile and show Zade's rolls.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I am at a doctor visit and sign on wall in exam room says "out of respect for our patients, staff and provider privacy we ask that you refrain from taking photographs, or recordings in patient care areas"

I would bet the dumb Stewarts either couldn't read this or wools ignore. I also wonder if their exam rooms had similar and if it was enforced.Ā 
Ā 

I won't be sneaking y'all a video!

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2