Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

She put on a full face just to stay in bed?

And at least two earrings and three rings!  The phoniness of the whole thing is just outrageous.  I wonder how many spells she'll be having this weekend?  I expect a 'Carlin's Labor Day Crisis!' video soon.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'm "not feeling it today."  I have on zero makeup.  I didn't bother washing my hair - no one will see it anyway.  I have on old shorts and a comfy old soft knit top.  I'm not posting on instagram, youtube, or facebook about it.  Y'all wouldn't know except it seemed appropriate after Carlin spent as much or likely more time preparing for her in bed photo than I will for going out tomorrow.  This isn't how you do a down day, Carlin.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm "not feeling it today."  I have on zero makeup.  I didn't bother washing my hair - no one will see it anyway.  I have on old shorts and a comfy old soft knit top.  I'm not posting on instagram, youtube, or facebook about it.  Y'all wouldn't know except it seemed appropriate after Carlin spent as much or likely more time preparing for her in bed photo than I will for going out tomorrow.  This isn't how you do a down day, Carlin.

I'm not feelin' it today, either, but I work and so I am in my office.  I ran a comb through my hair and applied Chapstick; that was my entire beauty routine.  No makeup, no jewelry, not even a watch.  I'm wearing an oversized tunic sort of blouse and stretchy black pants with sneakers.  Carlin obviously spent far more time preparing for her bedroom photo shoot than I did to come and work for 8 hours.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Well, you ladies are slackers!  I am home but I am fully made up, hair done, fancy clothes on, important jewelry on every available place, scent applied - hahahahahah - NOT.  Whatever is going on with them, they also have some screws loose somewhere.

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Was that 4:14 am or pm?
  • What does her white linens look like after she lays in her bed?
  • Why is she snuggled in a sweatshirt and blankets in warm weather?

On days when 'I am feeling it', I put on a bra, which I think paints a picture what I look when I'm "not feeling it".

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:
  • Was that 4:14 am or pm?
  • What does her white linens look like after she lays in her bed?
  • Why is she snuggled in a sweatshirt and blankets in warm weather?

On days when 'I am feeling it', I put on a bra, which I think paints a picture what I look when I'm "not feeling it".

Are you one of my sisters? Currently sitting here “not feeling it” either. Paint the same picture as GG described.

I thought their air conditioning was broken upstairs but I guess it’s working ok now. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Are you one of my sisters? Currently sitting here “not feeling it” either. Paint the same picture as GG described.

I thought their air conditioning was broken upstairs but I guess it’s working ok now. 

Considering she's wearing a sweatshirt, I'd say the AC is working too well.  In my house, I turn it down if I feel like I need long sleeves.  Just another waste of money for these two, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I'm not feelin' it today, either, but I work and so I am in my office.  I ran a comb through my hair and applied Chapstick; that was my entire beauty routine.  No makeup, no jewelry, not even a watch.  I'm wearing an oversized tunic sort of blouse and stretchy black pants with sneakers.  Carlin obviously spent far more time preparing for her bedroom photo shoot than I did to come and work for 8 hours.

Yup, I wasn't feeling it either this morning, but I had no choice but to get my ass out of bed and head to work. It's what adults do. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9

When I was a stay at home parent, 4:14 was always one of the busiest times of the day with tired hungry kids and dinner to be made. Because my husband worked late, I was 'on duty' until the kids were in bed.

What a luxury to be a business owner, influencer, YTer and SAHM and still be able to call it quits whenever Carlin wants.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4

Putting aside the fact that a lot of moms would be up and taking care of their children whether they were "feeling it" or not, if you did feel bad enough to go to bed early wouldn't you remove all your makeup and jewelry? You wouldn't be photoshoot-ready, but if you felt bad enough to go to bed before evening you don't need a photoshoot anyway.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I know the photo is staged, but I think she really does wear that jewelry 24/7.  I would think it would be uncomfortable.  I do keep my wedding ring on all the time, but it is just a plain gold band. All my other jewelry comes off.

Josie recently posted about getting a permanent bracelet. It is a trend these days (of course!), where a jeweler fits a thin bracelet around your wrist and uses a laser pen to "zap" it together.  Josie's justification was that it was more practical in her line of work since her bracelets sometimes get snagged on her clients' hair, but I think she just wanted one. Also noticed that Layla, Willow, and Hazel's bracelets never seem to some off.  

On a more serious note, I really do think that their "idyllic" upbringing has made them all quite materialistic.  Just another way their sainted parents have left a lasting imprint on them.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I know the photo is staged, but I think she really does wear that jewelry 24/7.  I would think it would be uncomfortable.  I do keep my wedding ring on all the time, but it is just a plain gold band. All my other jewelry comes off.

Josie recently posted about getting a permanent bracelet. It is a trend these days (of course!), where a jeweler fits a thin bracelet around your wrist and uses a laser pen to "zap" it together.  Josie's justification was that it was more practical in her line of work since her bracelets sometimes get snagged on her clients' hair, but I think she just wanted one. Also noticed that Layla, Willow, and Hazel's bracelets never seem to some off.  

On a more serious note, I really do think that their "idyllic" upbringing has made them all quite materialistic.  Just another way their sainted parents have left a lasting imprint on them.

Your last paragraph reminds me that when my children were small they had a friend whose parents back in the day were very "health conscious" and didn't let their children eat anything they didn't think was healthy.  They sent them to birthday parties with their own special food, etc.  Once the friend somehow ended up at our house without food or supervision and he just went wild with all the normal choices.  I just didn't have anything else to offer him.  I can't remember if the parents were horrified, probably were.  But my point is when things are restricted for whatever reason, they become highly desired, which makes your case for how the Batseses are grabbing for all the things they couldn't or didn't have early on.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Why does Josie even bother to wear bracelets when she does hair? I never wore them when I worked as a flight attendant because they always snagged on luggage, carts and bins. I wonder how much it cost to have the permanent bracelet done? It seems like more of a flex on Josie's part than necessity. I agree all these girls are incredibly materialistic. 

• Like 6
  • Love 8

Carlin just posted a story.  One of her brothers  is there to do a feature wall for Layla’s room.  Layla is excited.  Any bets that it will be some sad blah flowers like Willow got?

I know lots of parents prioritize doing the kids’ rooms when they move into a new place.  I can understand that to a certain degree, although Layla is still a bit too young to really care, I would imagine.

But you know what they don’t have?  A table and chairs! They didn’t have any in their old place- Chad built that table over the washer/dryer and they had a couple of stools.   I can’t imagine being in a place for 3 months and having nowhere to sit down and eat.  Such weird priorities.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2022 at 9:48 AM, Notabug said:

I watched the excerpt on Instagram and I’ve seen at least 2 other episodes they’ve posted.  In all cases, I must say Carlin has the cleanest,  neatest, ‘prettiest’ seizures I’ve ever seen.  Part of the reason I don’t think they’re typical and may not be seizures at all.

First, she seems to be having a generalized tonic-clonic episode, what we used to call grand mal seizures. She is seemingly unresponsive/unaware of her surroundings. She is having generalized flexion/extension movements.  Yet, she never seems to hit anything, never ends up bruised and battered.  People having tonic/clinic seizures on asphalt usually end up with scrapes and bruises on their arms and legs, on their face or head. Carlin never does, other than her reported concussion.  The first thing any bystander witnessing a seizure should do is move obstacles out of the patient’s way and pad any hard surfaces to protect them from injury.  Other than someone putting something under her head at one point, no one seem to do that for Carlin, yet she never injured herself.   Surely if she had scrapes and bruises, we’d have seen them.

The seizures themselves seem to be less violent than what I’ve seen. Carlin lies on the ground shaking for up to 20 minutes, yet her hair never gets in her face, never gets tangled. In the last video, she is shown with her hands/arms over her lower abdomen jerking repeatedly, yet her clothes are never mussed, her hands never touch her shirt let alone pull it up. Most people having tonic clinic seizures are a disheveled mess by the end, their hair in knots, their clothing askew, often torn and dirty. Not Carlin.

Finally, part of the tonic clonic seizure involves the jaw/mouth And the person clenches/unclenches their jaw repeatedly. They will often bite their tongue, cheek or lip and draw blood. They also tend to not swallow, so saliva builds up and dribbles out their mouth- ‘frothing’ at the mouth so to speak.  No bloody saliva from Carlin though.  Also, the repeated seizures tend to disrupt normal breathing patterns and the patient will turn a dusky color, lips blue, especially if the event lasts as long as Carlin’s do.

I’m not an expert, but Carlin’s seizures are much less ‘aggressive’ than the usual IMO.

I used to have a seizure disorder (thankfully I have not had a seizure in 20 years.  The onset was a head injury).  I broke my wrist once falling during a seizure, I have urinated on myself almost every time, and bit my tongue so hard that it was cut a quarter of the way through.  There was nothing pretty about these. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 6
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 4
On 9/1/2022 at 2:48 AM, SMama said:

CPS looks into abuse and neglect, child endangerment is a LE thing. There’s usually quite the back log that a call about Carlin carrying her kids will not get more than an eye roll. Also, the situation must meet the legal definition of abuse and neglect to warrant a response, and this just doesn’t. 

It probably will get an eye roll, but CPS is still obligated to address all reports. If the child/children aren’t viewed as being at imminent risk for harm, they have up to 45 days in most states I think.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So she wears a face full of makeup to lay in bed? 

Next up on the list - wash bedding to get all the makeup stains out.

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Aren’t fundies supposed to stay away from the worldly heathen ways?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, AstridM said:

It probably will get an eye roll, but CPS is still obligated to address all reports. If the child/children aren’t viewed as being at imminent risk for harm, they have up to 45 days in most states I think.

Not in CA. If it does not meet the definition of abuse or neglect it is evaluated out. It’s still entered in the system because it’s good background information if there’s ever an investigation. Referrals are either immediate response (must make contact within 24 hours), 10 day (contact within 10 business days), or evaluated out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why does Josie even bother to wear bracelets when she does hair? I never wore them when I worked as a flight attendant because they always snagged on luggage, carts and bins. I wonder how much it cost to have the permanent bracelet done? It seems like more of a flex on Josie's part than necessity. I agree all these girls are incredibly materialistic. 

They are incredibly materialistic, selfish, vain, and uncharitable. When was the last time any of them gave to others or volunteered?

13 minutes ago, SMama said:

Not in CA. If it does not meet the definition of abuse or neglect it is evaluated out. It’s still entered in the system because it’s good background information if there’s ever an investigation. Referrals are either immediate response (must make contact within 24 hours), 10 day (contact within 10 business days), or evaluated out. 

It varies by state. I have no idea what the rules are in Tennessee. Another thought - I wonder if they would get charged with anything if Carlin was carrying one of the kids over a parking lot, had a seizure, and dropped them resulting in injury. She knows she’s not supposed to drive and claims to need someone close by 24/7 because she could have a seizure at any time. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin just posted a story.  One of her brothers  is there to do a feature wall for Layla’s room.  Layla is excited.  Any bets that it will be some sad blah flowers like Willow got?

I know lots of parents prioritize doing the kids’ rooms when they move into a new place.  I can understand that to a certain degree, although Layla is still a bit too young to really care, I would imagine.

But you know what they don’t have?  A table and chairs! They didn’t have any in their old place- Chad built that table over the washer/dryer and they had a couple of stools.   I can’t imagine being in a place for 3 months and having nowhere to sit down and eat.  Such weird priorities.

Totally my first thought. The "accent wall" will be all white flowers or something or if Layla is SUPER lucky some shade of beige or gray or barely visible pale pink. The fabric they're buying looks white.

And yeah her and Josie's kids are 2 - they don't freaking care about their rooms so don't waste $ on it. If you want to waste money on them, maybe get them some bright colorful toys so they have things to play with that are bright colors, not just beige and brown. But then how would you reinforce the - you're a girly girl, see your room has flowers vs. you're a manly boy, see your room has a truck.

They don't need a dining table, they're college kids in their own minds - eat over the sink. In reality they are gross slobs and they always feed Layla on the sofa bc we all know little kids are so neat when they eat, they never drop a crumb and never smear their dirty hands everywhere; I assume they use the sofa they paid a few thousand for, rather than the 10k sofa for this. I mean hell one night when she was complaining about date night being canceled, there was Carlin plopping herself down on the couch with dinner - a bag of chips + soda.

They completely live as people who were deprived their whole childhoods. I mean they never got snacks. Z has said that if they went to an amusement park/zoo/day trip, Gil would be like, you're lucky we even brought you here, no you can't get a soda/ice cream. Or if Gil splurged on soda he'd literally buy 3-4 sodas for 15 kids and they each got to have a few sips. So cue Carlin - she stuffs Layla with junk [though also out of laziness and not wanting to cook]. I mean not only do they CONSTANTLY buy her snacks, they buy her bags of chips as big as her head. They're no reason a kid that size needs anything beyond a small snack size/kid sized bag.

IDK what's wrong with Evan though [I know broad question], it doesn't appear he was raised that way. He doesn't seem like he was that deprived, so I'm surprised he's into getting Layla's treats ALL THE TIME though that may be a daddy's little girl thing. His parents' home also seems more structured and less haphazard that G&K. He grew up with a proper dining table, you'd think he'd want one in his own house bc he doesn't want to eat standing in the kitchen or laying on the sofa.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2

I think there was a kids' table outside but it may be gone since it doesn't fit the colour scheme.  

I think they may still put her in the high chair from time to time, but the clock is ticking until Zade inherits it.  Then again they will probably spring for a new one because why not?

• Like 4

Fundies are obsessed with asking their kids if they are excited. Initially I thought it was a Jilly Muffin thing. But it’s all of them. I wonder if deep down they are aware that their lives are pure Groundhog Day, and they want their kids to think it’s a wild and crazy ride. I’m glad I didn’t grow up fundie because I’d snap after being asked a second time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I saw her “inspiration board” posted somewhere and it is a lot of white with sort of peachy/beige accents. So, a bit of color, but still a beige tone.

ETA: I just checked and it’s part of her current IG reel.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Your last paragraph reminds me that when my children were small they had a friend whose parents back in the day were very "health conscious" and didn't let their children eat anything they didn't think was healthy.  They sent them to birthday parties with their own special food, etc.  Once the friend somehow ended up at our house without food or supervision and he just went wild with all the normal choices.  I just didn't have anything else to offer him.  I can't remember if the parents were horrified, probably were.  But my point is when things are restricted for whatever reason, they become highly desired, which makes your case for how the Batseses are grabbing for all the things they couldn't or didn't have early on.

I had a friend who didn't have a TV, she and her husband just didn't watch it, they were sort of hippies.  So, their daughter never watched it.  I attended a baby shower where the hostess set up a room for her kid and others to be with a baby sitter during the festivities and there was a TV playing kid's videos.  Her daughter stood there mesmerized, transfixed by the images while the other kids happily played with toys, only glancing at the screen occasionally.  A couple years later, her daughter was in kindergarten and they broke down and bought a TV because the kid knew the 'My Little Pony' jingle by heart and was constantly asking for toys she saw on TV at other peoples' homes anyway.  She grew up and got a graduate degree in engineering and designs stuff like skis and snow boards; so I think it didn't warp her too much.

Trying to protect kids from ubiquitous stuff like junk food and TV is pretty futile.  Better to teach them to choose wisely.

2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

This?! This is the "inspiration" for a 2 year old's room? How sad!

That is utterly tragic!  Is that the head of a dead bunny on the wall?  Why can't they do what other parents do and take the kid to Target and let her pick out some wall decals meant for kids for her room?

Layla should be 'inspired' to want a ficus in her room?  Or a breakfast tray?  And nothing more inspiring than shades of sand, wheat and sadness for a toddler.

ETA: who has half a grapefruit, a couple of limes and a houseplant for breakfast?  If you're going to stage a photo, at least try to have the items make sense as a group for pity's sake!

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Alyssa Bates reached a (semi) nice cross between bland influencer and typical kid's room. The rooms still read a bit lifeless but there is some color, in at least one of the rooms IIRC.

Its so easy to bring life into a kid's room with curtains, bedding, art and a bookshelf. All things that can change and grow with your child and their interests.

I know this, my kids would have been unimpressed with a likely $200+ wooden accent wall.

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I know this, my kids would have been unimpressed with a likely $200+ wooden accent wall.

Smart kids.  Hell, I'm unimpressed with it.  Poor Layla, Mommy's little trained monkey, supposed to clap with glee at an ugly wall.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Carlin has said multiple times that Layla loves blue.  So paint the walls pale blue and get her some Cinderella or Frozen bedding. She always goes for the Disney Princess  clothes when given a choice.  Easy and probably a lot less expensive than the bland  influencer decor.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, Katie mentioned it in their Tesla video. 

Oops, sorry. I got the information from the subReddit. I didn't have the stomach to sit through a video of a spoiled trust fund baby flexing about his new car. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Oops, sorry. I got the information from the subReddit. I didn't have the stomach to sit through a video of a spoiled trust fund baby flexing about his new car. 

There was also squealing over finding out their fetuses' gender (but not telling).

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, cereality said:

They completely live as people who were deprived their whole childhoods. I mean they never got snacks. Z has said that if they went to an amusement park/zoo/day trip, Gil would be like, you're lucky we even brought you here, no you can't get a soda/ice cream. Or if Gil splurged on soda he'd literally buy 3-4 sodas for 15 kids and they each got to have a few sips. 

Well, Gil and Kelly probably couldn't convince the amusement park/zoo/day trip site to comp them food and snacks for all the kids as a reward for gracing the venue with their fabulous fundie presence. I'm quite sure that if Gil and Kelly had managed to do so, there would have been drinks, snacks, and probably a full meal for each kid on every occasion. 

Then again, if Gill and Kelly (Gelly?) hadn't been so selfish, their kids might not be so FUBAR. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Carlin and Evan have confirmed they're going to Katie's gender reveal. 🙄

Then they'll have to go to the baby shower in a few months. Probably one in New Jersey and one in Tennessee, which will of course prompt much drama. Then there will be a visit to the baby once it's (finally) born. 

No wonder Evan quit his job. Between going to Starbucks, Target, and Walmart; getting their hair and nails done; showing up late for Carlin's doctor's appointments; traveling to Nashville; vacations; BSB nonsense; and her family's mandatory and repetitive events, when would he have had time to go to work?! 

Edited by Heathen
ETA: I forgot they have to go to Nashville every week to see his family, too
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I'm sorry, but that just looks godawful!  Poor Layla, I wouldn't wish that 'decor' on anyone let alone a little kid.

Omg, right? Why on Earth do Josie and Carlin waste time and money on tacky DIY's for kids' bedrooms that will be outdated in a year? It's like ffs, just paint the walls a color, put some pretty pictures up and call it a day. It's a lot of effort for such underwhelming results. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SheTV said:

Apparently this is what the cartoonishly large mirror was for. Family selfies. They needed it so big so they could get both their egos in the pic. 

AD0158DF-E410-4127-B444-3DB8AD9E823F.jpeg

She put on a full face of makeup and curled her hair to do house projects? And the cut of Evan’s jeans is just not flattering. Yikes.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m sure even Baby Jesus had a more cheerful room than that!

If nothing else, baby Jesus had real animals in his first room, not dead bunny heads hanging on the walls.

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Carlin clearly does not realize that her kid isn't thirty yet. That's an adult bedroom design style not a toddler's. 

What sort of adult wants the head of a stuffed bunny on their wall?  An eyeless, mouthless rabbit, no less.  That thing gives me the creeps.  Can you imagine trying to sleep in a room where it is lurking?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1