Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I hope that didn't count as a view. 

I finally had to Google it.  If you intentionally play the video and watch at least 30 seconds, it is considered a view.  Damn!  I watched the vid of when they showed their new house and that's it.  I regret giving them a boost in numbers.  

• Love 2

I found their new house to be quite nice. I don't see any need to renovate it....especially at this time when Carlin is having health problems. It just adds unnecessary drama to their lives. I would have been quite appreciative to have my first house be so nice as his one already is. I completely disagree with them regarding this renovation now. Just move in and be glad you have such a nice house to start out with. Also...don't be carrying a baby around with that 'wrap' she was wearing when you seem to faint without notice. No common sense here. I also see no reason Evan can't report to work. Carlin has a large family to help her out. Kelly Jo is as bad as Michelle Duggar.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Notabug said:

Funny thing is, from my experience, most of the people who use the ER as their family doctor have medicaid or other government sponsored insurance.  They know that they will never have to pay anything out of pocket in the ER, so, they don't see any advantage to get a private physician where they cannot just arrive without an appointment and be seen and the doctor isn't there 24/7. The fact that Medicaid pays about 6 times as much for an ER visit as compared to a regular doctor's scheduled visit doesn't matter to them.

Most people who are uninsured or have big co-pays, try to avoid the ER because they know they cannot afford the bill and it can ruin what little credit they may already have. Uninsured, low income people can get 'rated' by their local hospital's business office for care, either in a doctor's office or ER, but it requires paperwork, proof of income and only lasts 30 days usually and it is only good for that facility, not transferable.

That's why I think Carlin and Evan must have Medicaid, at least for her and the baby.  Otherwise, they would keep going to the same ER in the same hospital system where they know they are rated.  They have been to at least 3 different hospitals in 2 different cities.  Even the best insurance plans usually don't provide that kind of coverage.

They have Medicaid but just bought a new house? And have been spending $$$ on gas and fast food? I once spent 2 days in an ER. They didn’t have a bed open to admit me before then. I would never use it as my PCP unless I didn’t have another choice. At that time, I had been uninsured for a couple years and had ignored minor symptoms that became serious. 

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Those were Whitney's daughters. I don't know their ages, but we know that Layla is a wee potato. 

Kaci was born November 2019.  I looked them up...somewhat!  That would put her at about 3 1/2.  She is quite a bit larger than Layla.

I was interested because a while back several others were discussing it.

I have a friend's granddaughter that is tiny like that.  I don't think it's dwarfism but I wonder what that could be.  I've never asked her anything about it.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin, the woman who has been fainting, thinks baby wearing is a good idea??

Just more evidence that Carlin is a fool.

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They have Medicaid but just bought a new house? And have been spending $$$ on gas and fast food? I once spent 2 days in an ER. They didn’t have a bed open to admit me before then. I would never use it as my PCP unless I didn’t have another choice. At that time, I had been uninsured for a couple years and had ignored minor symptoms that became serious. 

It could happen if their overall income was low enough to qualify.  For a family of 3, their income could be up to $4000 or so a month and still get coverage if they don't have other health insurance.  As far as home ownership, that is not a deal breaker as long as the equity is below a certain level.  In Georgia, it appears that one can have equity over $600,000 and still qualify.  Pregnancy is also a special category for coverage and the rules are much more lax than for other applicants.  The maternal and perinatal mortality in this country is a disgrace and one of the ways the government is addressing it is to make it easier for low income women to get coverage when pregnant as well as covering kids up to age 4.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Kaci was born November 2019.  I looked them up...somewhat!  That would put her at about 3 1/2.  She is quite a bit larger than Layla.

I was interested because a while back several others were discussing it.

I have a friend's granddaughter that is tiny like that.  I don't think it's dwarfism but I wonder what that could be.  I've never asked her anything about it.

The Bateses and Stewarts are both shorter than average families. It stands to reason that they'll have small kids. I was always the smallest kid in my class; my mother was 5'2", my father 5'6". I was doomed from the start! I only made it to 5' (on a good day)! 🙂 Many of Carlin's sisters are in the 5'1" to 5'3" range, so I expect Layla to end up on the low end of that range 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Layla has a genetic predisposition to be short and also seems to have had a period of slow (or no) growth that her pediatrician was somewhat concerned about. Needless to say she'll likely always be one of the tinier ones.

• Useful 2

Doesn’t Layla have a heart condition? Is it congenital? If yes, that can be a contributing factor. Couple that with the empty calories she consumes, and she will develop, and grow slower.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, floridamom said:

I found their new house to be quite nice. I don't see any need to renovate it....especially at this time when Carlin is having health problems. It just adds unnecessary drama to their lives. I would have been quite appreciative to have my first house be so nice as his one already is. I completely disagree with them regarding this renovation now. Just move in and be glad you have such a nice house to start out with. Also...don't be carrying a baby around with that 'wrap' she was wearing when you seem to faint without notice. No common sense here. I also see no reason Evan can't report to work. Carlin has a large family to help her out. Kelly Jo is as bad as Michelle Duggar.

The renovation started before she started having frequent episodes. Probably a month ago at least. They said it at the beginning of the latest video. They probably just need to paint and do the floors and they already said they are waiting another month to get all moved in. They originally wanted to get all the stuff done w/o the kids living there and breathing in fumes and stuff. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Doesn’t Layla have a heart condition? Is it congenital? If yes, that can be a contributing factor. Couple that with the empty calories she consumes, and she will develop, and grow slower.

Layla was born with a small hole in her heart.  As I understand it, it is not uncommon and usually closes up by itself.  Hers was not big enough to require surgery and I think the doctors are just keeping an eye on it.  Carlin and Evan never mentioned it again so I assume she is ok.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Layla was born with a small hole in her heart.  As I understand it, it is not uncommon and usually closes up by itself.  Hers was not big enough to require surgery and I think the doctors are just keeping an eye on it.  Carlin and Evan never mentioned it again so I assume she is ok.

I hope so.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Thank you, I only knew there was something that involved her heart.

10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

It's a very common and minor issue that should resolve over time.  It's diagnosed because it causes an impressive heart murmur.  It does not affect growth or development and most kids, like Layla, are asymptomatic and normally active.

• Like 3

IIRC, Layla stopped breathing and Frick and Frack could not even think to call 911, they called Kelly. Thankfully she told them to call 911. Layla was wearing a foot monitor (the sock available from Amazon) for a while. Could that have been related to her condition? 

• Useful 2
Just now, SMama said:

IIRC, Layla stopped breathing and Frick and Frack could not even think to call 911, they called Kelly. Thankfully she told them to call 911. Layla was wearing a foot monitor (the sock available from Amazon) for a while. Could that have been related to her condition? 

Most likely, it was related to her condition as the child of a couple of ninnies who got the monitor gifted to them.   If she really needed a monitor for medical reasons, she would have had a regulation apnea monitor from a medical supply company, not some random monitor from Amazon.  

The do-it-yourself apnea monitors, like the sock ones from Amazon, have become kind of trendy as newborn gifts.  They are supposed to pick up spells of apnea (breath holding) in infants that could be a precursor to SIDS.  However, except in kids known to be prone to apnea like preemies, research hasn't really shown apnea monitoring, especially with the cheap devices, to be helpful in preventing SIDS.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

The do-it-yourself apnea monitors, like the sock ones from Amazon, have become kind of trendy as newborn gifts.  They are supposed to pick up spells of apnea (breath holding) in infants that could be a precursor to SIDS.  However, except in kids known to be prone to apnea like preemies, research hasn't really shown apnea monitoring, especially with the cheap devices, to be helpful in preventing SIDS.  

as a mother and grandmother of children that were apnea babies on monitors long term -- its not 'breath holding'. its a condition where the brain signal telling them to breath gets lost somewhere along the path to the lungs. they are not intentionally holding their breath. they just stop breathing.....then after few long seconds they gasp for breath again. my babies turned blue in my arms while sleeping. they have no control ove whether they breath or not at those times. i wanted to clarify this info. 

my husband i both now have been diagnosed with it as well and wear c-pap at night. my husband would literally snore so loud, then stop breathing for as long as a minute. i would literally have to wake him up, he would gasp desperately for air and it was not pretty. so for sure, not willful breath holding.

• Useful 4
12 minutes ago, zoomama said:

as a mother and grandmother of children that were apnea babies on monitors long term -- its not 'breath holding'. its a condition where the brain signal telling them to breath gets lost somewhere along the path to the lungs. they are not intentionally holding their breath. they just stop breathing.....then after few long seconds they gasp for breath again. my babies turned blue in my arms while sleeping. they have no control ove whether they breath or not at those times. i wanted to clarify this info. 

my husband i both now have been diagnosed with it as well and wear c-pap at night. my husband would literally snore so loud, then stop breathing for as long as a minute. i would literally have to wake him up, he would gasp desperately for air and it was not pretty. so for sure, not willful breath holding.

I'm sorry. I do know what apneic spells are, I was just trying to simplify for the non-medical.  I in no way meant to imply that these are intentional/voluntary.

• Love 6
On 6/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Khloe was born in Nov of 2019.   Kaci was born in June of 2016.  

Bradley is 7.   Kaci is 5 (will be 6 on the 20th of this month). Khloe is 2-1/2 and baby Jayden will be 1 in a few days.  (June 7, 2021.)

Layla is 2-1/2, born 1-31-20.

• Like 1

FWIW they got the monitor after that episode. I’m sure if there were concerns they would have sent Layla home with a proper monitor. I was one of those babies back in the Jurassic era. 

From Kelly's latest IG post we learn that she's been making trips to Nashville with Lawson's stuff. No wonder she can't take care of her sick daughter. Lawson has a concert tonight. Maybe Carlin will see her there. 

Just more proof that Kelly avoids the hard stuff while running around like a chicken with her head cut off for the golden son.

• Sad 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Carlin has an update on her IG story. She's kind of all over the place. But basically she said she's on meds - helping somewhat and has to come off meds to do the at home EEG, maybe in a couple of weeks.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Notabug said:

I'm sorry. I do know what apneic spells are, I was just trying to simplify for the non-medical.  I in no way meant to imply that these are intentional/voluntary.

no harm -- i was just clarifying info.

So Evan is taking advantage of FMLA and helping his dad around the house. 12 weeks can go by fast while waiting for delayed MD appointments. Maybe he should have thought more about it and taken intermittent leave. I hope they get it straightened out before he needs to return to work.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So Evan is taking advantage of FMLA and helping his dad around the house. 12 weeks can go by fast while waiting for delayed MD appointments. Maybe he should have thought more about it and taken intermittent leave. I hope they get it straightened out before he needs to return to work.

Maybe Evan and Carlin think if they’re really good and work hard on social media they will be given their own show. It happened for Jesse and Jill!

There is still a lot of interest in the Bates and I look for something to develop soon!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe Evan and Carlin think if they’re really good and work hard on social media they will be given their own show. It happened for Jesse and Jill!

There is still a lot of interest in the Bates and I look for something to develop soon!

A lot of interest in seeing the family skeletons be revealed, yes.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Kelly finally found a hole in her schedule to visit Carlin. I wonder what the Stewarts think about her? 

In my mind, sweet, put together Mrs. Stewart sees Kelly and thinks, "well bless her heart".  

Kelly always looks so sloppy.  Her hair looked so out of control with her floppy pony tail.  She's horrible.  I thought Layla was looking at her like "who the fuck are you'?  You haven't been around in ages.  ha ha

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe he should have thought more about it and taken intermittent leave. I hope they get it straightened out before he needs to return to work.

I thought the same thing.  He doesn't need all that time off at the moment.  And, I don't feel a bit sorry for them, whatever ends up happening. 

Don't think a show is in the future for them.  She doesn't have 19 kids, or anything else interesting enough, for a show.   The only reason the family got their show was because Kelly was a baby factory.  I wouldn't watch a show about her and Evan.  Can't stand her 5 seconds stories on Instagram, much less a whole show.  Not to say others wouldn't want it.  Yuck!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

19 Kids was cancelled/rebranded because of Josh. The sisters got the new show because 19 Kids was still popular and TLC didn't want to be seen as punishing the victims. Also the siblings were still part of the show.

BUBs was cancelled abruptly for something - something they're keeping from the public - so I don't see any of the kidults getting a show.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Kelly finally found a hole in her schedule to visit Carlin. I wonder what the Stewarts think about her? 

She was in Nashville for Lawson's show.  I think she decided while she was in the area she better visit because of all the people calling her out for not being there for Carlin. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

She said she'd been back and forth between Rocky Top and Nashville several times while Lawson and Tiffy we're on their honeymoon. Why couldn't she have stopped by on one of those trips? 

Kelly loves the adventure of moving Lawson's stuff, but when things are hard, she tends to peace out. She does very little for her mother who is practically bedridden after her bout with Covid. Michael was helping her for a while. No clue who is helping her now.

• Sad 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

19 Kids was cancelled/rebranded because of Josh. The sisters got the new show because 19 Kids was still popular and TLC didn't want to be seen as punishing the victims. Also the siblings were still part of the show.

BUBs was cancelled abruptly for something - something they're keeping from the public - so I don't see any of the kidults getting a show.

Wasn’t it due to a racist remark by one of the brothers during a game?

The new show would include everybody just like counting on did. 

Looking at social media the Bates have quite a large following!

3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Wasn’t it due to a racist remark by one of the brothers during a game?

The new show would include everybody just like counting on did. 

Looking at social media the Bates have quite a large following!

The racist comment being the reason for cancellation is only speculation. UP didn't give a reason in their press release. 

The mystery makes it unlikely that UP will bring back the show in any form.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The racist comment being the reason for cancellation is only speculation. UP didn't give a reason in their press release. 

The mystery makes it unlikely that UP will bring back the show in any form.

The official announcement from UP was that the network wanted to take a new direction in it's programming and so was canceling some of its older shows like BUB to make way for new programs.  However, they had nothing in the pipeline, let alone anything ready to air, but they put an entire season of BUB on the shelf, apparently just willing to waste it rather than air it.  Something very fishy about that explanation and I think the public still doesn't know what really happened.

They advertised the new season for months after the remarks about George Floyd went viral, so it doesn't seem like that was the catalyst. Remember too, that it was common knowledge for years prior. that the Bates were big fans of the Rebel cause in the Civil War and had a room of memorabilia from that era in their home including a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest in a place of honor.  NBF, aside from fighting for the Confederacy during the Civil War, helped to found the Ku Klux Klan.  Just the kind of guy you want your kids to admire.  Yet, they weren't canceled for that.

I expect the truth is a doozy, but it seems like we may never knpw.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

If the speculation is right about the racist comments being the reason, or part of the reason, that's enough for me.  That is reason enough that any show should be cancelled. 

I complained to the network about them, hopefully others did to.

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Love 5
(edited)

So Evan is on week 3 of FMLA and hanging out at the store with Carlin, after stopping by the house yesterday to pick up dozens of packages and make a moving plan for two weeks. Is it me or do they seem a little too "vacation-ish." 

I mean I understand why he needed time off initially when they had no idea what was happening and it was all an emergency. As of last week she was saying she was on meds and when she was having episodes she could feel them coming on and they were milder; sure she didn't feel well, but seemed like if he had wanted to work, his family could have handled her + 2 kids for 40 hrs. I mean seems like she's handling the kids - IDK whether she's supposed to or not - but she walked into the new house carrying Layla rather than letting her walk.

Seems like maybe this week she has to go off the meds to do the multi day EEG; I could see why he'd need to be around for that - though IDK if that necessarily starts TODAY as they started their morning at the store, Sbux in hand. Why on earth is he using his unpaid FMLA like this instead of working in the weeks in which he can work and then using FMLA when Carlin needs him at home, they need to go to drs. appts. etc. Like are they making SUCH a killing on YT that it's like a regular paycheck, eh we don't even need that? Because it seems like he could have worked for like 1-1.5 wks of the time he's had off. That's not nothing in terms of pay esp when you have rent + mortgage + driving 3 hrs back and forth to Nashville isn't getting any cheaper given gas prices. Meanwhile he's cleaning out his parents' garage, planting flowers in his parents' home, mowing his parents' yard, and gushing over how great his new house looks, and talking about how the next two weeks will be crazy for packing/moving . . . .

Added - and now off to Lowes to pick flooring . . . . Weirdest use of FMLA ever. I guess FMLA isn't like sick or disability leave. I knew a guy who took disability leave after surgery/medical issues to recover; apparently he had recovered/didn't want to come back to that job so he was just out using his "time off" - got spotted playing basketball at a local park and was out the door. Guess FMLA isn't like that bc it's for whatever family help is needed - whether that's going to work with your wife or going with her to pick floor and decor?

Edited by cereality
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, cereality said:

So Evan is on week 3 of FMLA and hanging out at the store with Carlin, after stopping by the house yesterday to pick up dozens of packages and make a moving plan for two weeks. Is it me or do they seem a little too "vacation-ish." 

I mean I understand why he needed time off initially when they had no idea what was happening and it was all an emergency. As of last week she was saying she was on meds and when she was having episodes she could feel them coming on and they were milder; sure she didn't feel well, but seemed like if he had wanted to work, his family could have handled her + 2 kids for 40 hrs. I mean seems like she's handling the kids - IDK whether she's supposed to or not - but she walked into the new house carrying Layla rather than letting her walk.

Seems like maybe this week she has to go off the meds to do the multi day EEG; I could see why he'd need to be around for that - though IDK if that necessarily starts TODAY as they started their morning at the store, Sbux in hand. Why on earth is he using his unpaid FMLA like this instead of working in the weeks in which he can work and then using FMLA when Carlin needs him at home, they need to go to drs. appts. etc. Like are they making SUCH a killing on YT that it's like a regular paycheck, eh we don't even need that? Because it seems like he could have worked for like 1-1.5 wks of the time he's had off. That's not nothing in terms of pay esp when you have rent + mortgage + driving 3 hrs back and forth to Nashville isn't getting any cheaper given gas prices. Meanwhile he's cleaning out his parents' garage, planting flowers in his parents' home, mowing his parents' yard, and gushing over how great his new house looks, and talking about how the next two weeks will be crazy for packing/moving . . . .

I wouldn't be surprised if Evan finds an excuse to not return to work at all. What a waste. 

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is that caption a dig at Erin and Chad? 
FE4368A3-E2E5-44A0-8026-E5648CE72926.jpeg

Or a dig at Mama KJ for not coming and staying.  Of course, it appears Carlin's 'load' is posing with Starbucks while pretending to work, shopping for stuff for the new house and doing videos to post online; so it isn't like her schedule is jam packed with important duties.  And, once again, what exactly is Evan doing that requires him to take a LOA from his job?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Somehow I don't think staying home so your wife can put on make-up is what FMLA was designed for. 🙄  Babies and toddlers aren't gonna care.  And didn't she just have make-up on in the last video the other week. That's not my idea of quite some time. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Somehow I don't think staying home so your wife can put on make-up is what FMLA was designed for. 🙄  Babies and toddlers aren't gonna care.  And didn't she just have make-up on in the last video the other week. That's not my idea of quite some time. 

Carlin has appeared to be wearing at least some makeup in virtually every photo she's posted including full makeup including eyes and lips, while in a cervical collar in the ER.  She is just not very truthful, I'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
10 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Carlin has appeared to be wearing at least some makeup in virtually every photo she's posted including full makeup including eyes and lips, while in a cervical collar in the ER.  She is just not very truthful, I'm afraid.

Wasn't she at the tee ball game when she fell, necessitating the collar? Of course she was in full makeup. 🙄

• Useful 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Wasn't she at the tee ball game when she fell, necessitating the collar? Of course she was in full makeup. 🙄

Yes, but, later, after being placed in a neck brace and taken by ambulance to the hospital; her makeup was perfect; lipstick in place, eyes fully made up.  Seems unlikely that she didn't touch things up on the way there to be sure to look good in the photos.  Most people who fall to the ground with a seizure are not ready for their close-up as Carlin was.

Edited by Notabug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2