Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Something about the girl on today's show just seems so familiar.

Phil is now the go-to stop for talentless idiots to get that foot in the door to swindle money from other talentless idiots. 

But that family was no great shakes either with their "who would ever want a damaged present" and "ghetto" talk. Mom was like a real-life Betty Bowers or something. 

• Love 2
On 10/2/2018 at 4:23 PM, torontomeridith said:

I had to turn it off after two typical Phil-isms:

1. When someone says "Honestly" or "Believe me, " the speaker is about to lie.

I do this for emphasis in my stories in a regular basis. Maybe I'm some higher life form or something.  Honestly.

2. No one confesses to things they don't do. 

Phil, the prisons are full up with people that were pressured to confess to things they didn't do. I just finished AMERICAN VANDAL. I get it.

But I missed if Phil mentioned he was a mandated reporter. It's not clear if he is or not.

Hell, I'm a Sunday School teacher and I'M a mandated reporter. 

I just hate the  Phil-ism: "When we return,  I'm going to put some verbs in my sentences" ....UGH!!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think they must cut out people saying nasty things to Phil, because he gets so meAn to them and they never respond in a nasty way or say things like that. They are always like "im so sorry." I know he's always gonna win in the end and needs to have the last word, but sometimes he really is out of line. And I love when he says "I just sit here and let you two argue to see what dynamic i'm working with.. it's like no. You sit here and let them argue because it gives you ratings.

I saw video on Shill recently on YouTube, and it said something that no caring therapist would be mean to or talk to their patients the way he does! He can be such an arrogant jerk!!

5 hours ago, Brattinella said:

How do you figure the part of our language that is "I mean" said at the beginning of sentences (for lazy speakers, that is).  Is "I mean" meant to swear that what follows is the truth?

Oh my gosh.... I have been wondering how this thing of saying "I mean" at the beginning of a sentence got started! I hear it all over...not just on TV....so weird!!

1 hour ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Something about the girl on today's show just seems so familiar.

Yes! She looked really familiar....

45 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Phil is such a dick.  The way he was talking to those parents after they came back out and God forbid criticized Saint Phil....which I did not think they did...he said their expectations for the show were different.  And he said it calmly and adultly which is way more than most guests do!  And he gives her a freaking life coach?  Seriously??  She needs a hell of a lot more than that....espcially after the way she said no to rehab when it was never even brought up!  I cannot believe people actually go to this quack for serious help.  

Does he ever do follow up shows on prior guests?  I have never seen one and always wondered if he does them.  Then again if isnt actually helping anyone there is no follow up to do I guess.

I  missed the beginning...did that little bitch live with the parents?

48 minutes ago, Monie said:

I  missed the beginning...did that little bitch live with the parents?

She moved out at 17, spent 3 years in jail (thanks to felonies) and she’s not living with the parents.  The parents say they’ve cut her off.  The mother said in the intro that the daughter is 'technically' homeless.  I just started watching the recording so I guess I'll find out what that means in a minute. 

• Love 1

So wait, she’s trying to make money on social media selling pictures but she’s actually scamming people on social media by not really selling pictures and so far she’s only made $1000.   She thinks this is a business plan? And that she’s good at it? I guess since she’s bad at adulting, she doesn’t realize $1000 isn’t really all that much money once you have to pay rent, buy food, pay bills, etc.?

Also, how is it her parents responsibility to teach her how to pay bills, drive, pay taxes, etc?  Especially since she went to jail at 17?   Parents do not teach you how to pay bills or pay taxes and once she went to jail, they no longer had a responsibility to teach her how to drive. 

This girl seriously lacks critical thinking skills.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, kitcatkitcat said:

So wait, she’s trying to make money on social media selling pictures but she’s actually scamming people on social media by not really selling pictures and so far she’s only made $1000.   She thinks this is a business plan? And that she’s good at it? I guess since she’s bad at adulting, she doesn’t realize $1000 isn’t really all that much money once you have to pay rent, buy food, pay bills, etc.?

Also, how is it her parents responsibility to teach her how to pay bills, drive, pay taxes, etc?  Especially since she went to jail at 17?   Parents do not teach you how to pay bills or pay taxes and once she went to jail, they no longer had a responsibility to teach her how to drive. 

She's another Cash me outside girl!... stupid hair flipper!

• Love 3

I find it funny that she complains about not being taught how to pay taxes because she totally would be the type that would find ways to avoid paying them.

Also, here's what's going on next week (aka "the same old crap"):

10/8: Nanny Tell All: What's Going on Behind Closed Doors?

Valerie says she's worried her 16-year-old daughter is lying, breaking curfew and hanging with the wrong crowd; her daughter claims her mother is a hyperactive stalker.

10/9: Nurse Heather: Saving Lives & Slowly Killing Her Own?

Heather admits to stealing pain medication from her job; her 18-year-old son begs his mother to get clean.

10/10: Not So Sweet 16

Theresa claims her 16-year-old daughter, Tessa, has set the house on fire, physically attacked her, and even launched a violent attack on her grandmother.

10/11: Assaults and Arrests: Troubled Teen Confronts Her Grandma

Dr. Phil continues his conversation with Theresa, who claims her 16-year-old daughter, Tessa, is out of control, and that she violently attacked her grandmother.

10/12: She Claims Her Husband Left Her for Two Weeks With No Money, No Food and No Car

Lorreine claims her husband, Chance, is a controlling, vindictive narcissist; Chance says it's Lorreine who is always angry and childish; the ugly truth behind designer dogs.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Monie said:

She's another Cash me outside girl!... stupid hair flipper!

She doesn't need a life coach.   I've seen his life coaches and I wouldn't take advice from any of them.  Plus, fame is fickle, the internet even more so. Phil, you're not going to help turn her into an influencer. 

And while I think the mother has issues, I think the parents had some valid points.  Phil really went off the rails. 

The language Phil should be speaking is google search results, employers and earning power. That might wake her up. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, kitcatkitcat said:

And she only has 5000 followers!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Wow Phil really got his knickers in a twist with the guy who dared to criticize his advice.  He certainly can dish it out but he cannot take it.

Right???  That ass chewing of the parents was way over the top, then he turns around and molly coddled the delusions of Little Miss Felonious.  I've been a property crime victim 3 times and it's horrible, so fuck her and little "ain't I a cute rebel" act.

If he truly wanted to help these delusional rappers and other celeb wannabes, he should have someone in the appropriate area of showbiz consult on stage.  Tell them flat out that they do or don't have the looks and/or talent. It should be so easy since he claims he's besties with everyone on the A List. 

Which BTW,  if he is so tight with Tyler Perry why couldn't Schill ask Perry to video chat with the woman claiming to be married to Perry?   Just sayin'.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Which BTW,  if he is so tight with Tyler Perry why couldn't Schill ask Perry to video chat with the woman claiming to be married to Perry?   Just sayin'.

I understand your logic, but if he did get TP to video chat with the nutty woman, then thousands more people would start contacting Phil to arrange for them to meet their celebrity "husbands."  JMO . . . it's better NOT to give her what she wants.  She needs to face reality . . . and reality is that TP has never heard of her and has no obligation to interact with her.  Ever.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I understand your logic, but if he did get TP to video chat with the nutty woman, then thousands more people would start contacting Phil to arrange for them to meet their celebrity "husbands."  JMO . . . it's better NOT to give her what she wants.  She needs to face reality . . . and reality is that TP has never heard of her and has no obligation to interact with her.  Ever.

I also doubt that woman would have given up on Tyler even if she talked to him.  She would have gotten worse!

• Love 3

OMG what a raging lying bitch!!

She needs a therapist BADLY!

Okay, Phil, you are an idiot.  The kid is certainly old enough to know THE TRUTH.  He learned the awful truth about his mother.  NOT his father's fault.

I have to turn this off or I will have a stroke.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 4

Phil truly is a pompous ass.  He has such a huge ego - how dare anyone question him?  He's lucky anyone even bothers to go on the show because they get little to no help.  He has been phoning it in for years.  It is the same episode over and over with the same sayings over and over.  So he is not really a mandated reporter?  He just does an entertainment show?  How lucky that Mrs. Shill is there to flog her miracle creams.  Although, she is not giving away as much product as she used to.  She is starting to look a little worse for wear - maybe it is hurting sales....

It is time to quit people.  Watching them hobble on and off the stage while propping each other up is not a good look.  Her waist has to be the same size as his neck.  What is wrong with her???  I only watch so I can relate to the comments on here.  This site is far more entertaining than anything on tv.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Right???  That ass chewing of the parents was way over the top, then he turns around and molly coddled the delusions of Little Miss Felonious.  I've been a property crime victim 3 times and it's horrible, so fuck her and little "ain't I a cute rebel" act.

If he truly wanted to help these delusional rappers and other celeb wannabes, he should have someone in the appropriate area of showbiz consult on stage.  Tell them flat out that they do or don't have the looks and/or talent. It should be so easy since he claims he's besties with everyone on the A List. 

And he ALWAYS has to mention that his son is in a band that is successful whenever he has rapper or singer wannabe on the show!

2 hours ago, marionette said:

Phil truly is a pompous ass.  He has such a huge ego - how dare anyone question him?  He's lucky anyone even bothers to go on the show because they get little to no help.  He has been phoning it in for years.  It is the same episode over and over with the same sayings over and over.  So he is not really a mandated reporter?  He just does an entertainment show?  How lucky that Mrs. Shill is there to flog her miracle creams.  Although, she is not giving away as much product as she used to.  She is starting to look a little worse for wear - maybe it is hurting sales....

It is time to quit people.  Watching them hobble on and off the stage while propping each other up is not a good look.  Her waist has to be the same size as his neck.  What is wrong with her???  I only watch so I can relate to the comments on here.  This site is far more entertaining than anything on tv.

You are right!! I love this board! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Watching Dr Phil is getting uncomfortable. He gets so defensive if anyone says anything other than how amazing he is or if they don't say the exact things that he wants them to say . These people are there for a reason . If they were normal , they wouldn't be on the show . He gets his panties  in a bunch over everything . 

• Love 7

Yes I have trouble watching him too. A competent psychologist would listen to his patients and not take everything personally. On top of that Phil acts like he knows the minds/motivations/actions of everyone more than they know themselves.

I refuse to watch the wild children shows. It’s always about blaming the parents when in reality there is no one right answer. Phil’s answer is always to throw the troubled kid out on the streets which doesn’t solve the problem. Throwing the kid out gets them away from you, but when they overdose or get killed six month later your guilt and grief will be overwhelming. 

• Love 1

I don’t think there is any one solution for everyone. But a start would be to show some compassion for the parents who are going through hell. I’m not talking about the ‘cash me outside’ people-that is all fake. But I have friends who had addicted kids and they were attentive, loving parents. 

• Love 6

Phub is a on the edge of being hunchbacked bully who's only gotten worse over the years. He gets so mad when guests talk back to him. I haven't watched his show in a few years but keep up with the thread here to see how much worse things can get. I used to feel sorry for the guests who would say they were told things beforehand by whatever producer they were working with which would usually be followed up by Phub calling them liars while berating them. Then he'd call whatever producer or producers to come out from back stage to proclaim the guest was always lying. The producers always had scared deer in headlights looks on their faces. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Watching Dr Phil is getting uncomfortable. He gets so defensive if anyone says anything other than how amazing he is or if they don't say the exact things that he wants them to say . These people are there for a reason . If they were normal , they wouldn't be on the show . He gets his panties  in a bunch over everything . 

I'm beginning to think he is a bit of a narcissist!!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Monie said:

I'm beginning to think he is a bit of a narcissist!!

I've been thinking that for a long time . Even the fact that he has these really sad episodes where a guest lost a loved one and then he cuts the episode short to sell a product .  He really is a narcissist . 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Phub is a on the edge of being hunchbacked bully who's only gotten worse over the years. He gets so mad when guests talk back to him. I haven't watched his show in a few years but keep up with the thread here to see how much worse things can get. I used to feel sorry for the guests who would say they were told things beforehand by whatever producer they were working with which would usually be followed up by Phub calling them liars while berating them. Then he'd call whatever producer or producers to come out from back stage to proclaim the guest was always lying. The producers always had scared deer in headlights looks on their faces. 

Phub?  Never heard of that one; where did it come from?

18 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Phub?  Never heard of that one; where did it come from?

It's a nickname I made up for him. I'm one who still hasn't forgotten he got sued over a weight loss line in the early 2000's where there was a $10 mil settlement. Then his later weight loss books where he never took his own advice and stayed chubby while trying to tell everyone else how to loose weight. I always thought if he wanted to go there he should have participated too so he could be the best example of how his own products and advice actually worked.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It's a nickname I made up for him. I'm one who still hasn't forgotten he got sued over a weight loss line in the early 2000's where there was a $10 mil settlement. Then his later weight loss books where he never took his own advice and stayed chubby while trying to tell everyone else how to loose weight. I always thought if he wanted to go there he should have participated too so he could be the best example of how his own products and advice actually worked.  

Ah yes, Phil + Chub = Phub.  Yes, that would have been very impressive had he lost weight, it would have been encouraging to other folks.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2018 at 1:30 PM, marionette said:

His threat of being a mandated reporter is ridiculous. They.are.on.television. In front of an audience! I can almost guarantee that people are following up in their hometowns. 

As for her creams,  oh please.  For one, I'd honestly like to know what is in them that she thinks is so amazing that people should just go out and buy them.  I've never once seen a dermatologist or doctor (real doctor) come on the show and explain why her skin care line is any better for sensitive and/or aging skin than any line I can buy at a drug store or better department store.   Most of them have the same ingredients the rest is a placebo affect.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, Jaded said:

I'm pretty sure some guests lie but with others? I'm 99% sure the producers mislead them and then lie when Phil brings them on stage.

I wouldn't put it past the show and Dr. Phil to pressure young producers into lying to guests to get those same guests to L.A so they'll walk on that stage.  

• Love 1

Friday's episode:

Both these parents are horrible.

The mother has horrendous control issues.  The father has told the child things he has no business telling the child.

Also, don’t be fooled by the dad, yeah - the mom has serious issues but that dad is screwing up that kid. I don't care how angry he is at the mom, he has no right to tell that kid anything negative about his mom*.  Not ever.  That's still his mom.  Dragging his mom indirectly drags on his self esteem.  Why don't parent's get this? 

*And buddy, I don't believe for a second your kid 'found' those documents in a box. If he did, you are the dumbest fool on the planet.  My father kept all his divorce documents hidden away from me so I never found them.  I'd think you'd care a little more for your son than to leave stuff like that lying around. Unless you wanted him to find them. Hmmmm.

Edited by kitcatkitcat
  • Love 3

Come ON, Phil!  The husband is NOT responsible for other people's lives like the Wife is!  AND she is breaking the law and on the run from state boards!  So he goes on a three-day LEGAL binge when he can!  This is not equivalent!

• Love 7

How in the world has this woman managed to keep her job? Her attitude is nasty, rude and condescending?  Her beside manner has got to be terrible. I have no problem imagining her justifying stealing medication from patients because she thinks she is more deserving than they are. She just exudes 'entitlement'. 

Also, any nurse who would burn someone with a cigarette should immediately lose their license in every state. 

Edited by kitcatkitcat
  • Love 6

So wait, she's had a long term addiction problem and she continues to be a nurse in a facility with access to pain medication?  That's just irresponsible.  That's like being an alcoholic and continuing to work in bar.  Yes, I know.  She went to school to be a nurse. Too bad. Go back to school and leverage that education into another career.  There are lots of paths in medicine that will keep you away from dispensing medication.  

• Love 4

Anyone who has been a patient in the facility that allows this woman to work there should sue the facility, and I bet there's an attorney that will take that case.     I love how people come on a show like Dr Phil, and think no one will watch it, and arrest them.

• Love 6

Saw a rerun older episode just now.  A young lady and her mother were on there, dealing with the aftermath of the young lady being molested by her stepfather for years.  She told her mother, but mother says she never knew.  Apparently, the powers that be got involved when the girl finally told a schoolteacher.  Not only is stepfather in jail, but mother is permanently on the sex offender registry because she did not report him.

This happened in Maryland, where I was born and raised and experienced a similar childhood.  Never have I wanted to go back in time as badly as I did after watching this show.  I'd love to see "him" in jail and "her" on the sex offender registry, continuing to protest that she didn't know it was happening.

That type of justice won't come for me, but I thank God that some of these scumbags are facing the music for their behavior.

/rant

• Love 7

The only thing Phil wants to hear is “It’s always the mothers fault-I’m a terrible mother.” I think today’s mother is well spoken and I believe she has done everything she could to help her daughter. Phil badgering the moms and coddling the out of control kids is all he is interested in. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

The only thing Phil wants to hear is “It’s always the mothers fault-I’m a terrible mother.” I think today’s mother is well spoken and I believe she has done everything she could to help her daughter. Phil badgering the moms and coddling the out of control kids is all he is interested in. 

Phil is totally out of touch with reality.   The reality of a mother who doesn't have the resources to send their kids to a "camp", and needs to put food on the table and clothes on that ungrateful bitch's back.   I really don't know how parents today deal with these entitled dregs on society.  I'd be in jail for sure and any surviving kid I had left would be on the streets wondering why the rest of the world didn't realize how special they were and take care of them in they way they believe they deserve (for some reason). 

• Love 8

There are no perfect parents but my God this women has tried counseling, time outs, taking away privileges, calling the police, asking for help from CPS, having the daughter stay with the grandma. What exactly does Phil expect her to do? I just can’t stand all this mother blaming.

On another note:Robin looked positively skeletal walking out with Phil today. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dakisela said:

Phil is totally out of touch with reality.   The reality of a mother who doesn't have the resources to send their kids to a "camp", and needs to put food on the table and clothes on that ungrateful bitch's back.   I really don't know how parents today deal with these entitled dregs on society.  I'd be in jail for sure and any surviving kid I had left would be on the streets wondering why the rest of the world didn't realize how special they were and take care of them in they way they believe they deserve (for some reason). 

Phil is uneven.  He had another show where he picked up on the fact that the child was abusing the parent and sent the kid off to inpatient treatment to get them away from the parent.  I sometimes think that Phil determines whether or not it's the parents' fault based on whether or not he likes the person and not objectively. 

Either that or he does it based on how it will play to the audience but I may be overly cynical here. 

• Love 6

I caught a part of the show today when the mother and daughter were screaming at each other. Phil walked over to the brother to shake his hand and say “Sorry” or something like that. It seems that more and more often, Phil just lets his guests scream, holler, cuss and abuse each other. What does that accomplish? I mean, really. What good does that do? It’s time to call a halt to this show. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I caught a part of the show today when the mother and daughter were screaming at each other. Phil walked over to the brother to shake his hand and say “Sorry” or something like that. It seems that more and more often, Phil just lets his guests scream, holler, cuss and abuse each other. What does that accomplish? I mean, really. What good does that do? It’s time to call a halt to this show. 

And tomorrow it continues with the grandmother joining in on the fun.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

And tomorrow it continues with the grandmother joining in on the fun.

I will bet you anything the grandmother is single.  Anyone want to take bets as to why?

22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

And for next season? We'll have throwing chairs and pulling hair! I mean, we already have the lie detectors after the break! 

• Love 2

Sorry kid, but you're not an adult. You show a complete lack of maturity.  You don't show respect for your elders. You're rude.  You're loud.  You've already shown you can't be trusted but you cry and complain because people won't allow you to do as you please and treat you 'like an adult.'

If you were my kid, you'd be in a military boarding school in the middle of nowhere where there'd be no privileges or temptations but then, I don't have kids. 

Edited by kitcatkitcat
typo
  • Love 5

Tessa’s brother looked like he was thoroughly enjoying watching his mom and twin sister melting down on national TV.

When Tessa agreed to go to the ranch (“I’ll do it! I’ll go!”) she looked like she expected confetti to fall down from the sky.

I am so glad I decided to have cats and dogs instead of kids. The world is probably better off as well!

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Intocats said:

Tessa’s brother looked like he was thoroughly enjoying watching his mom and twin sister melting down on national TV.

When Tessa agreed to go to the ranch (“I’ll do it! I’ll go!”) she looked like she expected confetti to fall down from the sky.

I am so glad I decided to have cats and dogs instead of kids. The world is probably better off as well!

I'm watching this right now in OWN...Shill is pissimg me off beyond beyond!! He is the most arrogant A-hole there ever was! 

• Love 5

I hate when Phil says there is never a reason to hit a woman.  Sorry, but if you are a woman and you hit a man in anger, then you get what you get.  Woman think they can just go off on a guy then cry abuse when he finally hits back.  BTW I am a woman

• Love 6