Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: A Real Shot in the Arm

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Lt. Casey struggles to get Chief Boden to sign off on an energetic new recruit. Against her better judgment, Foster extends an olive branch to her irritating new medic. Otis inspires Herrmann to seek new partners at Molly’s. Brett realizes life in Fowlerton will take some getting used to.

Airdate: 10.02.2019

Are TPTB saying Otis is part of the reason the show was stale and Gallo is here to save the day? I guess Mouch will be gone soon.

They treated Gallo as the next greatest find. So dramatic! When he took of his coat, I thought we would see him put on a cape a fly to the rescue.

It seemed the guy hanging from the rope could have easily swung himself to the balcony or why didn't the other fire chief have Gallo or someone else go through an apartment, to the balcony and use a pole with a hook on the end bring him in before 51 arrived?

Casey can just walk to other houses and pick people for his crew?

I can't wait for the first day Casey has to yell at Gallo for being reckless.

I hope Hope isn't paying for her groceries with a check  

Dating in the firehouse is against the rules? Who knew. And Sylvie will be back to an available Casey.

Collins just leaves the milk on the counter. Terrible. 

The chief is so against bringing in Gallo but keeps a guy like Collins around.

That scene with the little girl was so bad. Collins couldn't find an epi-pen and accuses the girl of trying to get out of school when she has a real medical condition. How her mother remained civil after seeing and hearing this is beyond me.

Can Collins file a complaint against Foster for "firing" him?

I was expecting the kid to have no legs when he came out the water but he only got a deep cut to the leg. Jaws could have done more damage to him. 

What is Trudy's idea of taking it to the next level? I don't want to know.

It's insulting to the Chaplain for Foster and Stella to drive all the way there to take Sylvie away. 

So Collins, Fowlerton, Hope, and Chaplain were just a waste of time. Almost thought Hope was making a move on him but nothing.Thanks show!

37 minutes ago, mxc90 said:
Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

What kind of Chaplin is living with his girlfriend before they are married?

And they are in a small town! I was thinking about that too. BTW, It’s chaplain. Chaplin is the funny guy.

Can’t wait to see what Trudy does with Molly’s. 😆

Gallo is cute. 
I love Tuesday!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I was expecting the kid to have no legs when he came out the water but he only got a deep cut to the leg. Jaws could have done more damage to him. 

His friend is either an idiot or trying to kill him. "Come on, dude, swim right into the propeller I kept running! Right here!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Are TPTB saying Otis is part of the reason the show was stale and Gallo is here to save the day? I guess Mouch will be gone soon.

One of the showrunners did say last week that Otis' storyline was about played out, so yeah. Time for new blood. Probably a nicer way of saying Yuri's contract was up and they couldn't afford him or one of the other supporting cast any more and he drew short straw in the writers' room.

They treated Gallo as the next greatest find. So dramatic! When he took of his coat, I thought we would see him put on a cape a fly to the rescue.

I'm with Boden's initial instincts. No cowboys need apply. You want the guy next to you in your company to be reliable; to know what he's going to do before he does it. On the other hand, he's a Candidate (probationary firefighter) so a bad screwup would get him booted off the job in seconds. Not like that'll happen.

It seemed the guy hanging from the rope could have easily swung himself to the balcony or why didn't the other fire chief have Gallo or someone else go through an apartment, to the balcony and use a pole with a hook on the end bring him in before 51 arrived?

People do irrational things when they're in too deep. The old adage "when in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" often holds true. Going through the window or from an adjacent balcony would have made the most sense, followed by getting the stick up in the air. In the time it took Superman to fly up those balconies Clark Kent could have sauntered up the internal stairwell and into the apartment to at least calm the guy down.

And while it doesn't take too long to get the aerial ladder up, tossing a line across or coming down from the roof with a spare line and belt would have worked well. But the guy was tangled up pretty good so they just needed to get him to Calm The F--- Down, hold on and wait for the aerial. Tell him a joke, find out about his girl, whatever.

He can pitch. I see his point and I didn't have a problem with how he did it, within the parameters of the show's hierarchy. It would have to go through HQ, but if both commanding officers agree it's easy enough. E90 obviously saw the potential, and since he's just a candidate he can move around easily enough. Not sure what real-CFD does about moving from engine to ladder in training.

The chief is so against bringing in Gallo but keeps a guy like Collins around.

I know! Now in many departments, the EMS folks have their own hierarchy and reports, so maybe Boden didn't have the authority to move his ass, although a word to his supervisor would get him turfed out on his ear in a hurry. But in show-cannon he does have that power, so who knows.

That scene with the little girl was so bad. Collins couldn't find an epi-pen and accuses the girl of trying to get out of school when she has a real medical condition. How her mother remained civil after seeing and hearing this is beyond me.

And if that had been Dawson or someone else who did that they'd be suspended and have 5 episodes tailored to getting them reinstated. And yes, he could take action against Foster but he's probably too brain dead to think of that. Or that will be the plot of the next 5 episodes, while we wait for Foster to get reinstated. If that were my kid, Collins would be picking his teeth up off the living room rug and getting his nuts pulled back down from his throat, (and me treated for a broken foot).

So Collins, Fowlerton, Hope, and Chaplain were just a waste of time. Almost thought Hope was making a move on him but nothing.Thanks show!

I was hoping Brett would have walked in on the Chaplain banging Hope's brains out to seal that storyline dead and buried in a heartbeat.

---

Overall I liked this episode and it hit some good notes for me. Seeing the BSG memorabilia in the box was a gut punch. Sadly, I knew they'd go the prettyboy/girl route to replace Otis. I'd hoped they'd put another veteran on Truck so Mouch can retire and run the bar full-time. And since the average viewer's age for One Chicago is late-50s or early-60s, give our generation another good character actor to appreciate.

I liked the juxtaposition of how Severide saw Stella when she was dressed all hot with a thermos full of margaritas versus how his eyes lit up towards her after she helped in the water rescue, basically saving that guy's life (and his leg). Which I agree, should have been severed or badly mangled...but this is a 9pm network show after all, and Stella needed to make the save. In reality, with that amount of blood in the water, he'd have bled out in the water from a lacerated femoral artery. 

• Love 1

I was actually hoping for a little comedy relief at the marina, such as having the wayward boat go right over Boden's boat. 

Is it legal to drink alcohol on a boat?  Just like station relationships, I know it happens, but I thought it was the same as DUI.

Cringeworthy action by the probie at the rescue scene.  Turnout boots are notoriously difficult to maneuver, and he stood every chance of slipping on one of those balcony railings.  That should have been a letter of reprimand at least, when they returned to the station.  And he didn't even recognize the severity of it, either.  We're approaching Station 19 levels of mockery here.

$45,000 was Otis's share?  He should have been taking all the OT he could get to pay that bill down.  Mouch is going to be, if not the worst business partner, at least in the top five. 

7 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the other Captain met Casey and talked him up a great deal, just to get him on the road and out of his hair.

• Love 2

I thought this episode was okay but I admit, I thought Foster would have spoken to Boden about the call where Collins suggested the girl was lying. 

I didn't realize Collins thought Foster was hitting on him but I guess she was? 

Why do people have to be smart asses, I bet they don't ever have their boat broken down. 

I think Casey will regret bringing that guy in and he does seem a bit crazy too. 

Glad to see Sylvie is coming back but I wonder if she's worried that Hope was going to take Kyle from her which I bet would eventually happen. 

• Love 2

I am really sick of the 'newbie' being totally inept storyline...we get it, no one unless personally chosen by the amazingly incredible superheroes of 51 will ever be good enough. It's an old tired boring repetitive storyline...retire it already.

I did love that Stella and Foster went to get Brett and that it completely wigged out the Dawson fans who are still bitter an angry that no one begged her to come back. Probably because they all breathed a sigh of relief that she'd finally gone, whereas they actually like Brett rather than just tolerate her.

Can Molly's just burn down already....

Hopefully the new guy shakes things up a little, because man they are all painfully boring at the moment. 

• Love 3

So did Sylvie end her engagement to Chaplain Kyle or will they do the long- distance thing? How far is Fowlerton supposed to be from Chicago? 

I didn't get the impression Foster was hitting on Collins at all. Her 1st impressions of him were negative and she felt badly that she came down on him so hard so she thought she would make amends. Give him another chance. That's my take, anyway.  Mouch couldn't come up with 45K for his share of Molly's and had to get half from Trudy? He's pushing 50 at least. 25 years on the job probably. Does Chicago FD pay poorly? 

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

How far is Fowlerton supposed to be from Chicago? 

It's a real place, about 200 miles south-east of Chicago.

I didn't get the impression Foster was hitting on Collins at all.

Also TV Trope number 7: No woman will ever be just platonically friends with a man, and suspicion will always be brought. Ditto for men: they can never have a best-bud (straight) female friend without sexual tension being hinted at.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

It's a real place, about 200 miles south-east of Chicago.

Also TV Trope number 7: No woman will ever be just platonically friends with a man, and suspicion will always be brought. Ditto for men: they can never have a best-bud (straight) female friend without sexual tension being hinted at.

I think the point is that Collins is such a airhead he would automatically think that Foster was hitting on him.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Is it legal to drink alcohol on a boat?  Just like station relationships, I know it happens, but I thought it was the same as DUI.

If you're the operator, yeah, it's a no-no, but Stella could get totally fitshased. But like you say, it happens. I don't own a boat but I've been out with buddies a few years ago and we had a couple beers. I don't drink much, so I cracked one and probably didn't finish, but the rest had a few each, including the operator. Different times and it wasn't a speed boat, just a little bass boat on a small lake. Dumb Shit We Do When We're Young And Invincible. I honestly can't remember if we were wearing PFDs either.

Cringeworthy action by the probie at the rescue scene.  Turnout boots are notoriously difficult to maneuver, and he stood every chance of slipping on one of those balcony railings.  That should have been a letter of reprimand at least, when they returned to the station.  And he didn't even recognize the severity of it, either.  We're approaching Station 19 levels of mockery here.

On the original viewing I didn't notice if Gallo (or, rather, Gallo's stuntman) was wearing turnout boots or just regular duty/tactical ankle boots (looking now they were tac boots under bunker pants). But not a lot of free motion in bunker gear either. Still not Station-19 bad, thankfully. That rat-infested mess returns soon, I think. I need the guffaws. And yeah, in the real world he'd have gotten written up or worse. 

I can see two possibilities with Gallo. One, this was just a big call to bring him into viewers' minds (hey, that new guy on the show, he's the one that climbed the balconies, right?). Next Big Hero on the show.

Or else he becomes a plot device that flames out spectacularly, puts Casey at risk and gets his ass transferred/hurt/killed in the process. Good way to fill up the first half of the season with excess drama. But with his speech at the end I don't think this is going to be the case. Guy looks like the real deal but we'll see.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I think the point is that Collins is such a airhead he would automatically think that Foster was hitting on him.

Holy crap, I got the names completely messed up when I read your post (not enough sleep and caffeine). I was thinking Hope and the Chaplain. Yeah, what you said about Collins. And he IS a successful model, so I'm sure he's used to it.

Question is how did an idiot who can't figure out 6 letter word jumbles manage to pass an EMS exam and get hired on in the first place? Good gawd, not just as a basic life support ambulance attendant but as a qualified ALS paramedic? That's not a career for morons, and especially not on a massive urban department. A quick Google shows a minimum of 450 hours of coursework and 500 hours of clinical training.

2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Mouch couldn't come up with 45K for his share of Molly's and had to get half from Trudy? He's pushing 50 at least. 25 years on the job probably. Does Chicago FD pay poorly? 

Far from it, but you never know what he spends his money on. I earned a ton of money in my first job and blew it all as soon as I got it. According to the link below, a regular rank and file FF or FF-EMT averages a bit under $90k. Officers a lot more. Before he and Trudy met, maybe he ate out for every meal, went to the track a lot, bought expensive stuff, whatever.

https://www.chicagocomputerclasses.com/average-city-chicago-salary-firefighter/

• Love 3

I knew Gallo was going to be the new guy the second we saw him. There's just no other reason to feature some rando firefighter from another house so prominently. It was kind of an obvious introduction to Otis's replacement.

My other takeaway from this episode is that Foster and Stella's timing could not have been more perfect pulling up to Brett's house the very second she's walking out the door with her bags packed. Talk about kismet. I would have been way funnier if they'd gotten there a half hour after she'd already left.

Can Collins file a complaint against Foster for "firing" him?

That's the other thing I was wondering about. He could claim sexual harassment since he seemed to think she was hitting on him then fired him when he didn't return her advances.

One of the showrunners did say last week that Otis' storyline was about played out, so yeah. 

Ugh! Nothing makes my blood boil more than when a show uses this as an excuse to write a character off. Otis's storyline was played out? Which one? All of them? In other words, they can't think of anything else to do with them. Well, you know what? If the writers can't think of anything else to do with a character, you need new writers. Not a new character.

In reality, with that amount of blood in the water, he'd have bled out in the water from a lacerated femoral artery. 

That's what I thought. He should have been dead.

Did we already know Ritter was gay? That was a surprise.

I'd like to know how they arrived at Otis's monetary share of Molly's and what recourse his heirs would have had to force Herrmann to buy them out. Especially since Herrmann said he and Otis split Gabby's share between them. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Still not Station-19 bad, thankfully. That rat-infested mess returns soon, I think. I need the guffaws.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Ugh! Nothing makes my blood boil more than when a show uses this as an excuse to write a character off. Otis's storyline was played out?

You know what would be waaay cool?  If Yuri, the actor who plays Otis, landed a gig on Station 19.  What a poke in the eye to the Chicago Fire production team.

I was smirking during Kyle and Sylvie's tearful goodbye scene, where he was caressing her left hand.  I kept expecting him to just yank that ring right off of her finger.  Bye, woman!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don’t know if I like Gallo or not. But the show is in its 8th year and will continue to shed original characters, which isn’t good for a show that has never established a depth chart of leads (a la ER). They’ve written off every new firefighter except Kidd and maybe Ritter (he hasn’t outlasted Borrelli just yet). So, to me, the show needs Gallo to work out and be a Kidd, rather than a Borrelli or a Mills. 

I love supportive Sevasey friendship stuff but wasn’t interested in Severide effectively taking over the Casey/Boden storyline. Casey started the show as a hothead with a pretty bad reputation (Mom killed Dad; everyone at the academy knew). He was on an Engine rig for seven years right before the show started (per 6x1), despite essentially being a Squad-level guy on a Truck in season 1. How many people discounted him before landing at 51, and is that why he’s projecting all this pie-in-the-sky, raw promise onto Gallo? That could’ve been a solid Boden/Casey storyline...and also because it’s been well established that Grissom, not Boden, trained/mentored rookie Severide. (I legitimately think the writers have no idea what to do with Casey without Dawson. Just write him off.)

Brett’s storyline was a waste of time and lazy writing on multiple levels. We learned nothing new about Brett, and it'll be a reset. Anyway. After Kyle essentially sided with Hope, who wreaked havoc at 51 (the house Kyle previously chaplained!!) and nearly ruined Kidd’s career, Brett should’ve been absolutely out of there - with no soft-spoken, apologetic, fake crying dramatics. Absolute dealbreaker. 

• Love 2

What's the over/under as to how long before she dumps him and high-tails it back to where the action is.

I guess it was ONE. Welcome back Sylvie, but leave your asshole girlfriend back in Mayberry.

• Love 2

So Collins just accepts he is fired? No meetings, paperwork, nothing? He can't be that dumb, he even questioned whether she had that authority. He did pass the medic test after all, I think they have made him a little too inconsistently dumb here. 

I think they have also missed an interesting storyline where he accuses her of firing him after he declines what he believed to be her advances. In other words, sexual harassment. The way she was acting all nervous as well kind of fits in with how people behave when they ask someone out.

Trudy is going to be a massive pain in Hermann's butt around that bar!! I don't like Trudy but then I don't like Hermann either, so meh. 

We get to watch Gallo play spiderman I guess as well as seeing the chief make the usual facial expressions and Casey sweating over his decision. If nothing else Gallo is a little more like a firefighter than most of the crew. 

Sooo tired of Sylvie and her relationship dramas. 

That guy with the boat would have died and I thought Severide was under for too long too. 

The show has always been light on stories and characters so I guess we will get more of the same next week.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

What kind of Chaplin is living with his girlfriend before they are married?

Depends on religion? Most religions have modernized a fair bit so maybe it's not a big deal? 

22 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was actually hoping for a little comedy relief at the marina, such as having the wayward boat go right over Boden's boat. 

$45,000 was Otis's share?  He should have been taking all the OT he could get to pay that bill down.  Mouch is going to be, if not the worst business partner, at least in the top five. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the other Captain met Casey and talked him up a great deal, just to get him on the road and out of his hair.

Yeah they really blew the whole boat trip. I guess its ok to drink on a boat provided you aren't piloting it?

The boat rescue guys were being jackasses the way they gloated over towing Severide. Since when would being a firefighter qualify you for boat repairs, especially while out in sea?

He may have had the $45,000 but didn't want to invest it all? It also allows Trudy in. I keep getting the impression that Mouch and Trudy are meant to be younger than they look? Trudy in particular looks 70. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:51 AM, Dowel Jones said:

So who owns Molly's?  It was Hermann, Gabby, and Otis?  Gabby went AWOL, so Hermann was covering her share.  Is the $45K that Mouch paid for Otis' share all?  So the bar is only worth $135000?  That seems really low.  Or is the $45K Otis' share of the monthly expenses?  Seems like the building itself would be worth more than $135K.

Don't know what to make of the new candidate and Otis replacement.   On the one hand, they had him say the "I won't let you down Chief" and "I'm going to honor Otis' memory (a guy he never even met)".  But I just can't help but think that he's going to be a massive screwup or sinister in some fashion.

Chaplain.  Did he take the job in Fowlertown because he knew it was Sylvie's hometown?  Or was it just by random chance?  If they were really committed, wouldn't he offer to move back to Chicago?  Or is it show-convenient that because Sylvie doesn't want to live in Fowlerton, he must stay, and they're broken up.  I didn't realize last week that the blonde girl outside of the fire station was indeed Hope.  She's got a better haircut now and actually looks more attractive.

Severide and Stella.  Agree if that guy was indeed chopped up by the propeller and that we saw so much blood churning in the water that looked like Jaws was in Lake Michigan, that he surely would have been missing his leg or at least had his femoral artery severed.  But again, show-convenient that Stella could strip off her sweatshirt and loosely tie it around the leg to save his leg from falling off.  And gave Kelly and us a chance to ogle at her body.

Collins is supposed to be comedic relief on the show but he's just plain annoying.  Hilarious that he thought Foster was trying to get with him.  He's a male model, maybe he needs to get together with Mikey (is that his name?  Hermann's little pet project), who I was surprised was revealed to be gay.

Since when would being a firefighter qualify you for boat repairs, especially while out in sea?

Severide repairs boats, for a living, as a side job. It was a major plot point just last season when he was fixing up some boat for a rich dude who was neglecting his son. So that's the irony. Although that doesn't necessarily mean he's an expert on motors. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, greyhorse said:

I didn't realize last week that the blonde girl outside of the fire station was indeed Hope.  She's got a better haircut now and actually looks more attractive.

But she's still a piece of shit. One day in and she's hitting on Brett's guy.

• Love 3

Something is completely missing from the Hope/Sylvie story line.   I don't know if they will flashback to their high school days or not, but there is some story that hasn't been told, that is for sure

I was just going to say the same thing. What exactly is wrong with Hope, and if she's this transparent and awful, why on earth was Sylvie ever friends with her in the first place? Or has she changed drastically, as a person, since they were friends in school? 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I was just going to say the same thing. What exactly is wrong with Hope, and if she's this transparent and awful, why on earth was Sylvie ever friends with her in the first place? Or has she changed drastically, as a person, since they were friends in school? 

I'd like to think she changed drastically since school. But Sylvie seems to be one of those people who can't handle confrontation. 

• Love 1
On 10/5/2019 at 5:01 AM, icemiser69 said:

I was expecting Boden to say that he was having problems with his boat, that Severide didn't have to be concerned about boat repairs.  I didn't expect Boden to go off on Severide the way he did, pretty much telling him to fix the boat.

I thought that was pretty rough. Severide didn't do anything to cause the fault. It just seemed like bad luck, unless of course Severide was supposed to fix something previously and didn't..

• Love 1
On 10/5/2019 at 1:47 AM, greyhorse said:

So who owns Molly's?  It was Hermann, Gabby, and Otis?  Gabby went AWOL, so Hermann was covering her share.  Is the $45K that Mouch paid for Otis' share all?  So the bar is only worth $135000?  That seems really low.  Or is the $45K Otis' share of the monthly expenses?  Seems like the building itself would be worth more than $135K.

Don't know what to make of the new candidate and Otis replacement.   On the one hand, they had him say the "I won't let you down Chief" and "I'm going to honor Otis' memory (a guy he never even met)".  But I just can't help but think that he's going to be a massive screwup or sinister in some fashion.

Chaplain.  Did he take the job in Fowlertown because he knew it was Sylvie's hometown?  Or was it just by random chance?  If they were really committed, wouldn't he offer to move back to Chicago?  Or is it show-convenient that because Sylvie doesn't want to live in Fowlerton, he must stay, and they're broken up.  I didn't realize last week that the blonde girl outside of the fire station was indeed Hope.  She's got a better haircut now and actually looks more attractive.

Severide and Stella.  Agree if that guy was indeed chopped up by the propeller and that we saw so much blood churning in the water that looked like Jaws was in Lake Michigan, that he surely would have been missing his leg or at least had his femoral artery severed.  But again, show-convenient that Stella could strip off her sweatshirt and loosely tie it around the leg to save his leg from falling off.  And gave Kelly and us a chance to ogle at her body.

Collins is supposed to be comedic relief on the show but he's just plain annoying.  Hilarious that he thought Foster was trying to get with him.  He's a male model, maybe he needs to get together with Mikey (is that his name?  Hermann's little pet project), who I was surprised was revealed to be gay.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, iMonrey said:

Severide repairs boats, for a living, as a side job. It was a major plot point just last season when he was fixing up some boat for a rich dude who was neglecting his son. So that's the irony. Although that doesn't necessarily mean he's an expert on motors. 

I forgot about that however fixing something on land with all resources available and fixing something out at sea as it just happens is two different things.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, preeya said:

But she's still a piece of shit. One day in and she's hitting on Brett's guy.

That scene was really odd to me. What is the Chaplain's side to it all, he played it off like it was nothing but they were standing way too close for it to have been a PTSD briefing as Hope claimed it was. 

On 10/5/2019 at 6:36 AM, Waterston Fan said:

I'd like to think she changed drastically since school. But Sylvie seems to be one of those people who can't handle confrontation. 

I think she was restricted. You can see that she had no interest in meeting Hope when she suggests it at the grocery store. But being engaged to a Chaplain she feels obligated and he is also giving her the "she is extending an olive branch" shaming look so feels cornered. 

I think back in Chicago without any pressure she would have told her to go jump.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Something is completely missing from the Hope/Sylvie story line.   I don't know if they will flashback to their high school days or not, but there is some story that hasn't been told, that is for sure.

As goofy as this show gets, I wouldn't be shocked somewhere down the line if Hope and Sylvie hookup.  Hope seems to be awfully invested in Sylvie's life.

I hope, like the vast majority of other random subplots we never find out and that's the last we hear see of Hope. 

Unless she grows up and comes back to Chicago and hooks up with Severide...that I'd be down for.

• Love 2

I still say this mook is a piss poor excuse for a chaplain. First he is living with his girlfriend and then it looks like he is into hooking up with her friend.

What religion is cool with that? Scientology? Flying Spaghetti Monster? Satanists?

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The chaplain is far too trusting and gullible.  If he was being hit on, I am sure he had no clue he was being hit on.

I think she will be back.

Yeah, I think he didn't realize it. 

Before this season, remember the last time we saw Hope? I don't know about all of you but I thought she would be back and maybe enact some revenge but she never did. 

• Love 3
On 10/6/2019 at 1:56 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I still say this mood is a piss poor excuse for a chaplain. First he is living with his girlfriend and then it looks like he is into hooking up with her friend.

What religion is cool with that? Scientology? Flying Spaghetti Monster? Satanists?

I think he is totally clueless and has no idea that she was setting the foundations for more.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:26 AM, icemiser69 said:

The chaplain is far too trusting and gullible.  If he was being hit on, I am sure he had no clue he was being hit on.

I think she will be back.

Yeah that is what I think too. She was standing so close to him but also in the grocery store he was just seeing the positive happy side of Hope wanting to make peace. He wasn't aware or sensitive at all about Sylvie practically freezing up with disgust and discomfort at the idea. 

I think both those situations is what led her to want to go back.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:51 AM, Waterston Fan said:

Yeah, I think he didn't realize it. 

Before this season, remember the last time we saw Hope? I don't know about all of you but I thought she would be back and maybe enact some revenge but she never did. 

I think she's cute and has nice legs so I don't mind that much lol.

But yeah she seems the type of person who just constantly messes up and wreaks havoc on someone's life. I am sure they will use her again here and there when they have no better ideas. Which is often!

• Love 2
On 10/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, LittleIggy said:

Yeah, I wondered how an airhead like Collins ever qualified to become an EMS to start with! 🤨

I keep saying this. He doesn’t know what an Epipen is? He gets a glazed over look when in a kiddie restaurant? He can’t do 6th trade word puzzles? He says the girl with a full rash is faking? I understood him being a clueless lazy Him-bo but they are portraying him as actually stupid... that doofus couldn’t possibly pass the EMT exam.

And Foster has to be hit with a sexual harassment suit after she gets accused of hitting on him, and she “fires” him right after.

And what is it with her? She attacks a Doc in a hospital after being told not to and completely gets away with it; now she “fires” someone and nothing happens? What on Earth would allow her to get away with anything?

And the kid who has no business trying to be a fireman is gay? 

And how was Sylvia supposed to get back from Mayberry when she was walking out with her bags and her friends met up with her? Was she planning to walk?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SG11 said:

And what is it with her? She attacks a Doc in a hospital after being told not to and completely gets away with it; now she “fires” someone and nothing happens? What on Earth would allow her to get away with anything?

It's called the 'Gabby Dawson Effect' and sadly that virus is still infecting the Firehouse.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:19 AM, Forsaken said:

Trudy in. I keep getting the impression that Mouch and Trudy are meant to be younger than they look? Trudy in particular looks 70.

Amy Morton is 61.  The character doesn’t wear a ton of makeup.