Type keyword(s) to search

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK: Fierceness Across the Pond

• Start Topic

S2.E3: Who Wore it Best?

RuPaul tests the queens' creative sewing skills and their friendships as they're pitted against each other in a design challenge called "Who Wore it Best"? Supermodel Jourdan Dunn joins Michelle Visage and Graham Norton as a third queen leaves the competition.

Original air date: 1/28/21

Episode 3:

Darlings, you should never go with a short skirt or dress for a DESIGN CHALLENGE.  All that fabric in the box and that is what Asstina came up with?  Tayce could be forgiven for that deconstructed jacket (a little), but where was the rest of the outfit? Repeating the horn hair didn't help distract from the outfit.  I'll bet Veronica had an outfit all set up for Tia that she decided to jettison at the last minute.  It was all over Veronica's face; "I know I will outshine you, but can you not be the Baroness of Basic for one challenge?" Lawrence and Ellie looked fantastic, but I wasn't feeling the white makeup in their faces.  Ginny was cute at her attempt at sexy.  Bimini's gown was gorgeous! 

It's amazing that A'Whora can make me like her one minute and despise her the next.  Leave Tia alone!  Those great Queens who were sashayed away didn't lose anything; they just got caught in the meat grinder that is RuPaul's Drag Race.  I also didn't like the way A'Whora was talking over Veronica in Untucked, trying to insinuate that Tia was a lesser queen who didn't deserve her spot in the competition. 

I just knew that Asstina was going to buck and stunt for the lip sync and win, until I heard Ru laugh at Tia.

The way to win is to make RuPaul laugh, ladies.

• Love 1

Woah! That was a surprising exit. I went into premature mourning for the loss of Tia, having assumed that Asttina would win the whole season and therefore could not possibly lose the lipsync. So thrilled with that outcome (I mean, sad for Ast, but Tia appeals to me so much more).

What a great episode. I loved the camaraderie between the queens as they sewed, and that deep and beautiful conversation with Ginny and Bimini. I even liked A'Whora for a part of the episode! That changed.

So glad to see Bimini shining, and for Ginny to embrace the curves, and that Ru rewarded Tia's modesty, individuality, and humour. I finish every UK ep and just want to rewatch it immediately! I love this group of queens so much, and I like the way Ru is rewarding and nurturing the development of the rawer queens, and the ones with more modest clothes budgets; it reminds me of earlier mothership seasons, where eg Jinkx Monsoon learnt to refine her makeup and presentation, and showcased her humour and originality, and by the end emerged like a swan.

Edited by violet and green
typos
  • Love 3

I enjoyed the limbo mini challenge, but my ankles hurt watching Tayce and Veronica do the last round. I laughed when Ginny Lemon just walked right underneath the bar in the first round.

I wasn't crazy about Tayce's Maleficent horns, but without those it was just a short black dress held together with safety pins.

A'Whora's black dress was a weird combination of matronly top and 90s bike shorts. But she does get credit for using the sparkly black fabric which showed up well on the runway. I gave her the win in this pair but it was obvious she was furious that she wasn't the overall winner of the challenge.

Ginny's pink dress was very simple in design but I'm glad she listened to Ru's advice and made something that wasn't loose and baggy. I don't think you have to wear tight outfits just because you're doing drag and of course you should wear things that make you feel good, but it's always nice to see a queen step outside of her comfort zone, especially when it makes her feel more confident, which it did in this case.

I didn't like Sister Sister's baggy pants. The ruching made them look like they didn't fit well. But considering that Ginny's dress was just a tube of fabric, I wasn't surprised that Sister won.

Veronica's green dress was not great but I didn't hate it. Bonus points for lining the skirt. I wish the top had fit better, especially since that type of top is such a basic design. Considering everything Tia said about her own sewing skills, it was not a surprise that Veronica won this match up.

Tia was smart to use stretch fabric for the top so that it would look like it fit. The circle skirt would have looked nicer if it had been made with a different fabric. A little of that shiny metallic fabric goes a long way and too much veers into cheap looking. I did laugh at Tia's self-assessment: "I am serving you an adequate dress made of material that is on my body. Vintage? No. Elegant? No. Still stuck on me? Just about." I loved that when Michelle asked Tia thought she was going to say, she replied, "You think it's stunning and I should have been in the top and in fact you want to wear it yourself."

Asttina's blue anime look definitely gave me a Sailor Moon vibe. Even though the design was simple, it looked like it was well made so she gets points for that.

Bimini's blue dress wasn't my favorite. This pair was a toss up for me. I knew Ru would give the win to Bimini because it looked more ~fashion~ than Astinna's costume-ish look.

Ellie's gold leotard was okay from the waist up. It was obvious that's where she put all her effort. I wish she had at least made a simple skirt.

Lawrence's gold dress was surprisingly elegant. I wouldn't have guessed that it was made in a day.

I was sure that Asttina was going to win the LSFYL so I was pleasantly surprised when Tia kept her performance relatively simple and made it both fun to watch and funny. I'm going to miss Asttina though. She is gorgeous!

• Love 1

Sister Sister is becoming a repository for sad stories; last week with Cherry's tales of Traveler childhood and this week with Ginny's non-binary background. She's the Emotional Support Queen of the season.

I hope Ginny is still around for Snatch Game; I think she'd be a fantastic Alan Carr.

• Love 1

I didn't see the big deal about Astina... aside from the perfect legs... so I'm not sorry to see her go.

I know Tia's looks are basic, but I love her personality, and though that's probably not good enough to make it to the end, I'm not ready to see her go. This may be Jimbo (Canada Drag Race) all over again for me.

I keep getting shocked at who narrowly misses the final two. Sister Sister, much like her name, should have been there twice by now, and Ginny Lemon looked a fright in this episode, but her story probably helped her. I thought it was smart of everyone else to start crying at their critiques once she did. Couldn't hurt.

• Love 1

I'm not sure who I would have given the win to this week. I could see Awhora winning it (but am glad she didn't). Between Lawrence and Elie I thought the latter was more exciting so was surprised (but not mad) that they gave it to Lawrence. I may have given the win to Bimini (very pretty).

The bottom three though were very obvious. Astina won that lipsync, but unlike Tia (or Ginny) she hasn't had much of a storyline despite winning Episode 1. Ginny is adorable (sexed up she was giving me Jimbo vibes) and Tia is the narrator of the season so far. This will be a great Snatch Game once we get there. 

I'm still missing Cherry Valentine (sniff)

• Love 1

Although she's not my favorite I'm glad Ginny Lemon wasn't eliminated because they finally managed to break the trope of "queen telling her sad backstory = queen who is sent home at the end of the episode". It was getting old and it was high time they stopped doing that (also on regular RuPaul!)

I love it that there is zero drama between these queens (as opposed to the American ones) and even when Ru tried to stir the pot with Lawrence and Ellie they had no one to throw under the bus and nothing to report apart from the fling between A'whora and Tayce, which is still something nice. And that's why A'whora doesn't belong here! That was so mean of her to say Tia should've been gone already. I understand Tia is not a style/beauty queen but she is just hilarious and I bet Ru's gonna keep her for a long time, despite her fashion shortcomings.

• Love 3

S2.E4: Morning Glory

This week the queens' presenting skills are challenged as they host their own daytime magazine show, Morning Glory. The queen of British daytime TV, Lorraine Kelly, joins Michelle Visage and Alan Carr on the judging panel as a fourth queen exits the competition.

Original air date: 2/4/21

Episode 4:

I went in unspoiled.  The funny thing was just before the lip sync, I said to myself that Ginny was going to lose because she was pretty much done with the Drag Race experience.  Little did I know that she was just going to sashay away on her own terms!  I was as surprised as Sister Sister as she went on to lip sync by herself.  Ok Ginny! It was fun to have you in the race.

I'm glad A'Whora made up with Tia so I can like her better.  Now she has Drag sisters! I would never have pegged A'Whora for a lone wolf Drag Queen.

Listen, Veronica may have biffed the maxi challenge, but she slayed on that stage!  That is an example of a lewk keeping a queen out of the bottom.  I did cackle as she rolled her eyes in that gorgeous looking pig face.  The other queens might not want to go against Veronica Green look for look! 

• Love 4

I feel as if I have personally hatched Bimini! Every time she gets a nice camera shot or talking head or workroom convo, I am so thrilled. And then cracking up Lorraine Kelly in this episode and getting good responses from the judging panel, and Lorraine speaking up for her with such appreciation then... Okay, a bit of work to do, but this is so heartwarming to me, having pegged her as a bit of a rough diamond on week one. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

My favourite bit was Ru desperately struggling to come up with a reason why he wasn't doing a Scottish accent for Ellie Diamond.

Yeah.  I was expecting Ru to be a bit catty; "Your name doesn't flow off the tongue like LAAAWRENCE CHAAAAYNEY."  But ignoring the question completely was even more shady! Heh.   Also Ellie's accent isn't as pronounced as LC's.

Oh Ginny !!! 😞

I wonder if they will bring any of the eliminated queens back post-lockdown???

I guess this was a turning point / redemption arc  for Awhora and I could see them giving her the win this week. Lawrence's win was deserved nevertheless. 

Overall a fun challenge. Yes Veronica botched it up but that runway was the best of the night IMO.

Sister Sister - feeling some kind of way all episode -and that one-sided lipsync was not great - don't see her lasting long.

Love Bimini and she was great in the challenge - but that devil look was my least favourite of hers so far. 

• Love 1

Just wanted to post this because I think I mistook them for one another until now. They're identical! 1442131843_ScreenShot2021-02-06at14_02_42.thumb.png.31f742f9412875897e970ea7962d773f.png

... and I love them both. Sister Sister is a strange character, there's something about her that's a bit off but in a good way. Tia still remains my absolute favorite and I'm glad A'whora came around. 

• LOL 1

Awww, I'm glad that A'Whora finally stopped attacking people long enough to be a little human and make some friends because I was getting really sick of her negative talking heads.

I went into this episode unspoiled so I was cracking up when Tayce declared that Ginny had Ben De La Cremed herself. Good for Sister Sister for just continuing her mummy lip sync all alone even though I'm sure half of her was asking, "WTF just happened?" and the other half was asking, "Do I still have to lip sync for my life if the other person quits?"

Veronica was just awful in the challenge. I couldn't tell how much of that was due to her incorrect interpretation of a goth versus not being good at improvising. But damn if her runway look didn't save her ass!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I can't imagine Ginny is the blind item (cursing queen) discussed here - she doesn't seem the type. But who knows - we do only see what the producers want us to. Still, good for her for just sashaying away cause it was obvious she was done with the show. Curious to see how they handle the corona shutdown and if any of the queens will change during the time away. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, xander874 said:

I can't imagine Ginny is the blind item (cursing queen) discussed here - she doesn't seem the type. But who knows - we do only see what the producers want us to.

I was wondering about that too, but she's been cagey and cheeky about what actually happened, so who knows? Maybe they decided to give her a kind edit? You know we'll find out the tea eventually! 🙂 

S2.E5: The RuRuvision Song Contest

RuPaul and the queens return from their lockdown hiatus and the search for the UK’s Next Drag Race Superstar resumes. With the queens reunited and added twists, there is much excitement in the air, but the competition picks up quickly as the queens form two groups for a Europop battle – The RuRuvision Song Contest. In a glorious homage to Eurovision, the queens record and perform the same catchy song, but can they swerve the dreaded nul points?! MNEK joins Michelle Visage and Graham Norton on the judging panel as a fifth queen sashays away from the competition.

Original air date: 2/11/21

On 1/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Episode 2:

I actually liked "Rats: The Rusical"! 

So it was A'Whora with the mouth.  So she calls the Black queens basic, yet has something going on with Tayce. Gurl!  Also, A'Whora out of drag looks just like Adore Delano! It's crazy.

The poll results were exactly what I expected them to be. 

Veronica Green didn't come to play with these heauxs. Love her!

What is the deal with Lawrence Cheyney's boy hair? Actually,  lot of these queens have questionable boy hair!

"Memories" for a lip sync? Nah. No likey. I agree with Tayce winning that one; you can't take your eyes off of her even in a basic red leotard.

It wasn't just you.  I keep expecting A'Whora to say "Party!"

Episode 5:

Aww, get well wishes for Veronica Green.

So Joe Black gets back in and slides right out!  He is not showing what afforded him his legendary status, unless he is just a lewks queen. 

I feel for Tia's knees every time she hits the floor.  7 months off and she didn't seem to upgrade her drag much. I love her, but damn! she needs to get it together.

I'm loving Tayce. 

Lawrence Cheney still has that helmet head hair.  Is he balding and embarrassed about it?  I want to know!

Ru let us know how he really felt about Ginny Lemon. Hee!

Oh yeah: am I the only one who didn't like either RuRuvision song?

Edited by Stardancer Supreme

I thought Ru’s lecture came across badly.  I don’t disagree with the general idea that having gotten some feedback to play with, the queens had some time to create or adjust beyond what they presented in the first round.  But it’s not as though they would have had no other responsibilities and all their emotional “spoons,” or the financial boost that can come ofter appearing.  If she didn’t like Joe’s outfit, especially for a girl group, fair enough.  Joe certainly did nothing to quell the flames by being so nonchalant about which chain he bought the dress at exactly.  The chewing-out and general admonition was just a bridge too far too me, as if they were all just slackers doing nothing.  I don’t think she should expect dramatically heightened fashions, as though these aren’t the same contestants she hired in the first place.

Otherwise, not my favorite episode.  Hearing that insipid number once was bad enough.  The whole affair didn’t really capture Eurovision, I felt.  Some of my favorites have had tough runs, but I’m liking Bimini more and more.  I didn’t understand exactly what she and Sister had done, but I wouldn’t’ve thought it easy to get cosmetic work done during the lockdown.  Were Sister’s teeth just flippers, did she say?  In the end, I absolutely loved Joe’s runway, but didn’t want Tia to go either.  Oh well.  It sounds like Joe has a large following, so I’m sure she will carry on.  I’m looking forward to Snatch Game next week, although I really would rather do without Gemma Collins.

• Love 1

Seven months? That's insane.

United KingDolls should be UK's next Eurovision entry; they won't do any worse than any of the last decade's acts.

I was sure Ellie was going to be raked over the coals for that seagull mascot monstrosity so imagine my surprise at all the praise.

And as much as I would have preferred Asttina return, I felt a little sorry for Cherry getting no votes after working the front line during the pandemic break.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Seven months? That's insane.

United KingDolls should be UK's next Eurovision entry; they won't do any worse than any of the last decade's acts.

I was sure Ellie was going to be raked over the coals for that seagull mascot monstrosity so imagine my surprise at all the praise.

And as much as I would have preferred Asttina return, I felt a little sorry for Cherry getting no votes after working the front line during the pandemic break.

ALL WHAT YOU SAID.

• Love 2

I was really disappointed….hearing the title I expected an exploration of the history of Eurovision, you know, with one act praising the reason it started in the first place, one act about gay people claiming the competition for themselves and finally an act about the gay icons who slayed the competition. when I realised that this wasn't what we would get, I hoped that the performances would include at least SOME nods to previous Eurovision performances, but not even someone ripping off someone else's skirt of in a truly cringy moment? That was a huge disappointment. There is so much they could have done, from carrying bread (or something which kind of looks like bread) over the stage, over someone doing an Euphoria to pretending to be a chicken, I mean, it's not like I expected a hamster wheel or anything like that, just SOMETHING which looked Eurovision and not like a random "praise the queen's" performance.

Also, while the performance of the first group was clearly better (because they used the innuendos in the text), it was also a little bit repetitive.

Maybe the problem is that Ru himself doesn't really get Eurovision..

In case you didn't know it already: It was actually supposed to encourage peace. The idea was that music is an international language and such an event would allow bonding moments between the inhabitants of countries which had been at war with each other for so long. Plus, you transport a lot of culture over the music, thus helping with understanding each other a little bit better.

Or, in short, it is more than just a silly contest people joke about. I mean, yes, we joke about it, but it is more joking together in a friendly competition and celebrating the success of other countries if we really liked their entry. It is like a nice version of the Olympics.

• Love 1

Joe Black - nul points (seriously, no nul points joke?) 

Also I feel the urge to buy something from H&M now.

Did anyone see the “behind the lockout” special? Woah that was brutal. Cherry gets extra kudos from me for facing the front line as an NHS nurse. But a few funny moments too - one of them being Lawrence redoing his hair to match the first half season!

• LOL 1

Hi Joe ! Bye Joe! he maybe a legend but was a bit one note and stiff on the show. Final runway was good though (although Chelseaboy on Drag race Holland did an even better windy day presentation on his runway IIRC)

Was hoping Cherry would come back ... but oh well

I expect Veronica Green to come back for Season 3 (which they are filming already I think) and make it all the way to the finals like Eureka did. Boy-Veronica already has had a thirsty glow up 😉

The United King Dolls wiped the floor with the challenge (sidenote: my friends and I do a drag performance every now and then calling ourselves  "BananaDrama"

I would have put Sister in the bottom for the challenge but loved her seagull fascinator

Love the Communards - so happy they are getting some respect and  airplay on this show

Overall though this Season is definitely so much more fun than Drag Race regular S13 even if some of my faves have left

Edited by Wonderlad71

Wow, I can't imagine having a seven month break in the middle of filming a competition like this. I hope Veronica has recovered and isn't dealing with some of the long term effects of COVID. I felt bad that Cherry and Asttina quarantined themselves for two weeks just to...not get voted back in a few minutes.

My main disappointment in this challenge is that Eurovision is so over the top and what we got was just another song challenge. If I hadn't been told that the theme/inspiration for this challenge was Eurovision, I would have assumed it was just another generic girl group song and dance challenge.

I agreed that the first group did a better job overall. They performed like a group (rather than four people who happened to be doing the same choreography) and they had a more cohesive look. They also did a better job accommodating the non-dancer in the group than the all pink group did. I try not to get too judgmental about costumes in group challenges because they were cobbling together whatever they had in common. Even though the second group all wore pink, their costumes were all over the place.

I liked Bimini's lacy blue runway look. It was clear what the connection to the seaside theme was but it was different from what I expected. I liked her 20s style makeup.

I was surprised that Tayce didn't get read by the judges for having a really noticeable elastic waistband showing through her flesh colored net. I could see it even in the long shots. It was really distracting and amateur looking. But A+ for Ru's "would you pull that crap with a net?" Grease reference!

Unlike the judges, I did not like A'Whora's bag of chips look. It looked too much like a crafty costume. I did like her red glitter eye shadow though.

I couldn't decide how I felt about Lawrence's orange lifesaver look. I loved the padding plus the formfitting dress which have a great hourglass shape, and I liked the headpiece but I also felt like without the headpiece and the writing on the ass, it was just a shiny orange dress.

I was really surprised that Ellie's seagull look got so much praise from the judges. It looked like a Halloween costume, and not a particularly good one. It was yellow tights, a furry white leotard, and a bikini. The best thing about this costume was the makeup and feathers on her face.

Similarly, Tia's soft serve ice cream look looked like a last minute excuse for a costume. It's like when you get invited to a Halloween party at the last minute when you were planning to stay home and you're like oh, shit, what can I throw together that I could justify as a costume? She looked great from the neck up. The makeup was pretty, I liked the hair, and the rhinestone cherry was cute. But everything from the neck down was boring and blah. The top was completely shapeless, which didn't help because it was not obvious what she was supposed to be. Maybe if she had given it some more structure to resemble soft serve ice cream, it would have made more sense (and justified the unflattering fit a bit more).

I didn't think Sister Sister's bag of chips was better or worse than A'Whora's because I didn't like either. The judges made it sound like A'Whora's was miles better but I thought they both looked very crafty/homemade. I did like the seagull on Sister's head though!

Joe Black's windblown runway look cracked me up. I loved that she said she was representing the real British seaside. An English friend of mine likes to remind me how windy and cold it is at their beaches whenever I post pictures of the warm sunny ones here.

While I understand Ru not wanting the queens to wear cheap stuff on the show, I still had some issues with what she said. First of all, the problem with Joe Black's pink dress was not that it was cheap. It was that it was boring and didn't go with what any of the other girls in her group were wearing. Secondly, the whole "you had seven months" excuse is ridiculous. I would guess that most of them were unable to work due to the pandemic (some of them said at the beginning of the episode that their towns weren't allowed to do ANY performances, not even outdoors). That means no income (or Ellie's drive thru wages) which means no way of using the judges' critiques to upgrade their costumes.

I was 99% sure that Joe Black would have to LSFYL and then get eliminated no matter what because Ru seemed livid when Joe whispered that the dress was actually from H&M. Tia probably could have sat down and done nothing and Ru still would have gotten rid of Joe after that tirade.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I've had Bing Bang Bong playing in my head nonstop for two days now... The UKD version was so much more bright and pop-y, I can't figure out how BananaDrama made theirs so limp and dull. Very stunned to have Joe come in and go out again straight away, but my heart sank when I saw that flat, short, fingerwave wig. Sad for Cherry Valentine and Asttina. It is such a good cast, made more stunning by the contrast with the bulk of season13... Bimini working on her makeup in the long break! That seaside look was adorable. I was really impressed with the upskills. 

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Love 1

S2.E6: Snatch Game

This week the queens showcase their best celebrity impressions and improv skills, as they take on the iconic Snatch Game. Gemma Collins plays along too, but can the queens match her blankety blank? On the judging panel singer Jessie Ware joins Michelle Visage and Alan Carr as another queen sashays away.

Original air date: 2/18/21

I am so confused by the Snatch Game judging. I truly thought A'Whora would be in the top. She brought a character and had jokes and gags ready. She stayed in character the whole time and was funny. She was edited favorably during the challenge. I just don't get it. Also nobody did a terrible job, overall this was perhaps the least-bad (not to be confused with "best") Snatch Game in franchise history. Bimini was the clear winner, just flawless. "You know, Wu, they say the nipples are the eyes of the face." I DIED.

Broke my fuckin' heart to see Tia and Lawrence in the bottom together. I was praying for a double save.

• Love 2

Episode 6:

As much as I love Tia, it was time for her to go. She was just not ready to make Ru's vision of her drag the reality.  Once she gets the "Basic" stink off of her, She will be the fierce Queen we know she can be!

This Snatch Game was actually fun to watch. There wasn't any queens who was absolutely terrible.

I've never seen anyone that winded after a lip sync. Heh.

• Love 2

Awww, listening to Ellie's story in the work room made me so sad but I'm glad that his mom stood up for him and kicked his dad's ass out.

I wasn't a huge fan of the prehistoric runway theme so I wasn't expecting much.

A'Whora said that entire costume was 3D printed to fit her which made me wonder exactly what kind of budget she has. I don't know who Louie Spence is, but I didn't find the character amusing or funny during Snatch Game.

Tayce's voodoo look wasn't my favorite, but she really sold it on the runway. I laughed when she said, "How do I wipe my ass with these nails? I don't know." I wasn't familiar with her Snatch Game character so I had no expectations. She started out a bit slow but she seemed to get more comfortable with it as the game went on. It wasn't hysterically funny but not awful.

Sister Sister's animal print dress was too basic for my taste. It looked very off the rack/Amazon Halloween costume. I thought she could have done more with the Sally Morgan character. She's psychic so she could have foreseen lots of things!

Tia's pterodactyl look was not good. I like Tia but this was a plain dress with a hat. Mel B wasn't necessarily a bad choice for Snatch Game, but Tia seemed to know nothing about her except that she dated Eddie Murphy. She could have worked a bunch of different Spice Girl lyrics into her answers/comments. She could have talked about the other Spice Girls ("Baby Spice hasn't returned my phone calls lately!"). She could have talked about how Posh was the only one of the Spice Girls at Prince Harry's wedding. I could go on and on. There were so many other things she could have said and done but she just kept going back to the Eddie Murphy well, and not in a funny "my husband is Harry Hamlin" kind of way.

Bimini's single cell organism look was an interesting choice. Her hair and makeup looked great. Her Katie Price was hilarious.

Lawrence's runway look was along the lines of Sister Sister's. You can't just just wear an animal print outfit and think that's going to cut it. For a self-proclaimed comedy queen, I didn't find her Miriam Margolyes funny at all.

Ellie's Pebbles look was acceptable from the waist up. It was the bottom that I had an issue with. The skirt made of strips of material was the kind of no-sew costume that I made in high school. I only know Matt Lucas from GBBO so I wasn't familiar with the Vicky Pollard character. Maybe this would have been funnier if I'd watched Little Britain? But as several people pointed out in the workroom, it doesn't matter if people know the celebrity you're playing as long as you make it funny. I didn't think Ellie made Vicky particularly funny.

I didn't think Tia or Lawrence did very well in the LSFYL. I can't blame Ru for eliminating Tia after being in the bottom three times. I think she is a beautiful and funny queen but that she just wasn't what Ru wanted. I hope being on the show gave her exposure so that she can gain some fans. I thought she came off really well throughout the season so I wish her the best.

• Love 3

I was thinking about why Lawrence's Miriam Margolyes didn't work.  I don't know much about her but have seen her in a few movies and seen some very funny clips featuring her from Graham Norton's talk show.  IMO what makes some of them truly hysterical is the interplay between her, Graham, and the other guests.  On her own, she has some bons mots and a lot of charisma, but what can make the stories really funny is the back-and-forth, sometimes the gasp from the person next to her if she says something a bit naughty, etc.  "I remember so distinctly that I started to cream in my knickers" is something she really said about meeting Laurence Olivier," for instance.  Pure shock value, and to the extent that anything was funny about it, it was Matthew Perry's doofy reaction.  That just isn't the dynamic when all seven on the panel are trying to stand out and there's nobody to be the proverbial straight man.  Some of the best Snatch Game performances over the years have managed to capitalize on interacting with the others, but Lawrence certainly didn't, and I think that's the secret sauce to Miriam's humor.  Here is a great clip that perhaps illustrates my point better than that paragraph.

Anyway, I'm sorry to see Tia go.  I understand why she wasn't what Ru was looking for, but she's right up my street and I look forward to seeing what she does in the future.  Bimini was not my favorite at the start, but she is really showing a lot of range and may be the one I'd most like to win at this point.  Sister, on the other hand, hasn't done much to interest me in several weeks, and has the worst track record of anyone remaining.  I would like to see her step it up, or I'll be OK with her leaving next.  Gemma can also sashay away and never appear on any of "my" shows again.  I always wondered whether she was in on the joke, but it doesn't seem so. She added absolutely nothing.

• Love 2