Type keyword(s) to search

Pick Your Own Pro

• Start Topic

This was a fairly popular thread on TWOP (may it rest in peace!), so I thought I'd start it here.

Let's pretend that DWTS had a contest for one regular viewer (OK, two -- one male and one female) to win a chance to compete on the show against the celebs with the pro of his or her choice.  You're the lucky guy (or gal) who won.  Now, which pro would you like to be paired up with, and why?

As a guy, I'd probably pick Anna or Kym if either is available.  Kym is very patient and knows how to work with her students to maximize their abilities, while Anna is great at motivating her students.  Besides, I'd love to floor Anna with a bit of Russian and to show that I really do have the work ethic to get her to the finals.  Of course, if neither is available, then I'd pick Sharna or Emma, for the same reasons as I would pick Kym.

That's just as a guy, though.  As a gay guy, my real pro pick would be Louis or Tristan (in my ideal scenario, same-sex pairings would be allowed on DWTS).  Both are patient, open-minded, and can really come up with great routines.  I can also promise you that I would not try to go for a showmance with Louis -- I'm too old for him, for starters!  *LOL*

OK, now it's your turn.  You're the lucky viewer who won -- which pro would you request for your partner?

• Love 2

Tristan would be my first pick. I'm a delicate flower and he's so patient and would choreograph appropriately for my (in)ability.

For a female partner, I'd probably go with Emma.

(edited)

My dream would be to dance with Pasha :( But I'll take Val in a heartbeat. Derek would be fun to dance with as well. No way in hell I'd dance with Maks since I suck and that would p!ss him off :p If I could could get Happy Maks well who wouldn't want that :p

I want to dance with Sharna so her if I was picking a female. 

Edited by tarotx

My dream would be to dance with Pasha :( But I'll take Val in a heartbeat. Derek would be fun to dance with as well. No way in hell I'd dance with Maks since I suck and that would p!ss him off :p If I could could get Happy Maks well who wouldn't want that :p

Surely you wouldn't go all Hope Solo on him, though?

Hope wasn't the only partner Maks had issues with. But I'll confess I'm often high strung and I cry easy. It just wouldn't be a good fit ;)

Surely you wouldn't go all Hope Solo on him, though?

Tristan would be my first choice followed by Louis (although I think I'm too tall for him) or Tony.

If I chose a same-sex partner, I'd have to go with Anna.  I have a girl-crush on Anna.  But Sharna would be my second pick.

(edited)

absolutely, without a doubt, Mark. he is so patient with his partners, and he's extraordinarily creative. his height would also match well with mine.

my second choice would be Val, as he is all of the above also (think I would mesh better with Mark, though)

if I'm choosing a same sex partner I go with Emma. or Chelsie Hightower.

Edited by pumpkinspice

Tristan or Mark. Tristan is angelically patient, which is what someone with my complete lack of balance and inability to keep time would need. And Mark's creativity is unbeatable. Also, we're around the same age -- it would be a nice change of pace for him! Besides, I can very easily put him in his place if he tries to put me in a gorilla costume.

Val is a close third. I adore Val, but I do think he's a bit more of a perfectionist than the other two.

Echoing Anna being the popular girl crush, but if I was to pick a same sex partner, I'm going with Peta. She can't pull her showmance shit with me, and she has a fun personality. Or I would make Lacey come back.

If I get to be unrealistic about height differences, probably Mark or Derek, because they seem the most patient. But I'm 5'10, so if we have to be realistic I guess my choices narrow to Tony, Keo, Maks if he ever came back, and borderline Val, because they put him with Zendaya. (Though she spent the whole season calling him short.) Out of those maybe Val, to join in on the Zendaya short joke party, because that seems like it'd be fun.

(edited)

My crush is Tristan.  However, since I really want to be really good at Latin, I would pick Val since he's an amazing Latin dancer.  If I was being realistic about height, it would be Sasha or Mark.  Either one is fine because Mark is creative and Sasha just shows such enthusiasm when he dances. 

For females, it would be Karina because of her Latin ability.  My girl crush is Sharna.  She's gorgeous and showed that she is great at choreography.

This is a fun thread.  Thanks for starting it.

Edited by realdancemom

I need someone with patience who loves ballroom.  Maybe Jonathan or Tristan.  Or Mark, since there has to be a reason he's being given the younger ones.  Louis reminds me the most of previous dance partners I've had, but he's kind of short.  Definitely not Maks, Val or Derek. To watch them dance, yes, but not to be with day in and day out.  I don't know enough about the troupe dancers.

I'm under 5'0", but since 6'1" Tony danced with 4'11" Marissa Jaret Winokur... I'd pick Val. If I were to pick a female pro, it's a toss up between Kym and Cheryl.

(edited)

I would pick Tristan since I can't imagine any of the other male pros having the patience to try to teach me, other than maybe Tony. If I truly had talent, I would pick Maks, because he is my favorite dancer to watch and I would looove to dance with him.

If I were picking a female pro, my first choice would be Anna and second would have to be either Kym or Sharna.

Edited by gingerandcloves
(edited)

I would want Tristan because he was patient, kind, and sassy. Plus, I would get to hear his accent all day.  My second choice would be Artem because I liked his partnership with Patti Labelle and I would get to dance a trio dance with him and Henry.

Keo would be a maybe - we haven't really gotten to see him teach a celeb to dance. Lolo was awkward and Charlotte just wanted to walk and pose. I did like how he called Charlotte out on her poor work ethic. He seems like fun and I like watching him dance in the buffer dances. I would feel bad for Keo because he would be going home first or second again with my two left feet. 

If I were male, I would want Cheryl or Chelsie Hightower because they were creative and badass. I also like Emma.

Edited by Wowzer
(edited)

I'd demand they bring back Karina for me - I've got a mad girl-crush on her.  Where is she ?? They should have flanked Nigel with Paula and Karina and cooked up some rivalry crap for the tabloids on SYTYCD.  Tonight was so dull I turned it off.

Edited by Morrigan

Pasha... sigh... can DWTS steal him from SCD please?

if not him, then Artem or Louis: I like dancers that love dance because it feels great, not because they look great doing it (cough*Derek*cough)

• Love 2

Bumping this thread back up, because I just went down the rabbit hole of watching a slew of old DWTS videos on youtube and got inspired.  (Full disclosure, as someone who's watched since the beginning, way back when Kelly Monaco beat John O'Hurley, I tend to favor the more traditional, ballroom-trained pros.)

From the male pros, I'd pick Val, and from the female pros, I'd pick Cheryl.  They both seem like tough but caring teachers who've built up good track records over the years.  Cheryl's especially impressive to me--she not only did well with frontrunners such as Drew Lachey, Gilles Marini, and William Levy, she also went far with underdogs such as Jack Osbourne and Rob Kardashian.  And this year, she even helped to make Ryan Lochte likable again.  The show owes her a great deal, I think, for being such a consistently good mentor/instructor.

• Love 3

I would pick Mark or Sasha for a male pro. I love Mark's creativity and how he matured over the years. Mark was a little too showy (spats) in his early seasons, but he channeled all that energy to highlight his partner. I've missed him this past season.  

Lindsey all the way for female pro. She's my showpro since Alek. I love how she enhances her partner's strengths and incorporates real content in each performance.  She has great relationships with her partners too.  I just want to give her a high five! 

Best case scenario for me as a dancer would be to reach the level that Bill Engvall started at. So I'm picking Emma since she has a bit of miracle worker in her and an amazing amount of patience.

Or if I'm purely basing it on an intimidating amount of sex appeal, I'm picking Edyta instead.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

Male: Mark,      Female: Emma

Both are known for their patience, which I most surely would test to their limits!  Then again, I like them both and wouldn't really want to torture them.