Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

For us to have it kept it that close throughout? When Stydia had its official account promoting the poll? When other fandoms were helping them out? Even divided the Olicity fandom kicked ass, IMO.

And who is to say how many Olicity voters didn't realize that unless they were voting on the mobile site, it wasn't counting?  It was a worthy showing no matter what.

• Love 1

OMG Just when I got my fingers feeling normal again. 

Yeah what happened is the captchas disappearing the last night and a lot of people only realizing that votes weren't counting and switching over to mobile. Also the poll didn't close when it was supposed to. So I am glad they are fixing it. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1

Clexa Malec and Stydia have pledge to help each other out by voting out their rivals apparently.

Im feeling an agressive hatred for store fronts and street signs. This poll is going to turn me into a vandal grr.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm not getting captchas again.  How am I supposed to stealth vote at work if I can't do it on my computer?

OMG they better not open the poll again after it closes this time!

I have a 1.5 hour train ride today! Hehe can vote without guilt of neglecting other things! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I didn't think there was anything worse than clicking on street signs, but when they asked me to start tracing the signs, I discovered there was.

I was so impressed how many votes were cast. 12/10, would fandom again.

Yeah I skipped all those ones I figured I'm not going to bother with that. 

Also I don't know about you guys but I thought the store fronts looked like super sketchy low rent neighbourhood  store fronts TBH haha

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

*huggles guys*

This is my first hardcore foray into voting! It was fun! I'm a proud shipper I am!!!

No more mountains, street signs, shop fronts or shelves for me for a while!

Oh my dear girl wait till SOTY comes along. You'll want to commit acts of bodily harm to yourself by the end of it. But when we win you forget all about it and it's all party time. 

Just now, LeighAn said:

Oh my dear girl wait till SOTY comes along. You'll want to commit acts of bodily harm to yourself by the end of it. But when we win you forget all about it and it's all party time. 

When it is??? It better not be next week or something like that!!!! I need a break lol!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

When it is??? It better not be next week or something like that!!!! I need a break lol!!!!!!

Haha no it's usually around summer hiatus. MTV run it through tumbler and you basically have to reblog the your ship the most to win. Olicity has won it two years in a row. 

Then at SDCC MTV hold an awards ceremony where they announce the winner and give the actors a trophy. Last year Stephen accepted it on stage and it was really cute.

Usually it's tied to sponsorship as well like the first year Olicity were nominated it was sponsored by Coke so after Olicity won they made Coke cans that said Olicity on them and gave them to Stephen and Emily from memory.

Im curious whether Olicity is eligible for a third time though but MTV love promoting Olicity so Im thinking our chances are good. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2

Wow I heard about the anti voting but I just checked out some of the screen grabs on Twitter and I didn't realise how effing far it went with Reddit Clexa Malec and the WestAllen fandoms. The fact that they could still only beat us by like 0.7% I think speaks better of our efforts then theirs. And the Stydias are being such bitter winners as well. 

• Love 4

This was the only Arrow entry on this list...

38 Most Shocking TV Deaths
EW STAFF  UPDATED FEBRUARY 24, 2017 AT 9:11AM EST
http://ew.com/gallery/32-most-shocking-tv-deaths/3/

4 of 38
MOIRA QUEEN (Susanna Thompson), Arrow (2014)

Ever since Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) arrived in Starling City, Oliver's (Stephen Amell) loved ones have been in danger, so Moira's death wasn't entirely out of left field. That being said, it came at a time, and more specifically, in a way that no one expected. Forcing Oliver to relive a choice he made years earlier on the island, Slade made him choose between saving his mother and saving his sister Thea (Willa Holland). Only one could live. And when Moira stood up and told Slade to pick her, jaws dropped everywhere. For a split second, we thought her courage had saved her, until Slade pulled out a sword and put it straight through her heart, thereby breaking ours. — Samantha Highfill

• Love 4

Moira's death was really the most traumatic & shocking. Tommy's was sudden because you don't think in s1, they'll kill somebody off but looking back it made sense, even if I hated it. And I miss both characters. However, I feel like Tommy is missed, but the storyline does not need or miss him. TM has served his narrative role, and while it would be enjoyable to see him, he would not have impacted many storylines. Whereas, the storyline seems to crave and need Moira. Imagine how many more storylines would have been made amazing or more palatable with MQ present. MM, BMD, QC failure, just to name a few. I would have loved to see MQ grooming FS for CEO or at least coming to her defense on the board. Plus ST brought a depth and gravitas to the show, that has left a void no one has filled or been able to fill. 

I also feel like they setup Moira's story just in a way to break your heart more. She had reconciled with most of her family. She seemed to be having potential new stories w/ MM holding power over her. Plus the reveal that she knew about OQ being the Arrow. Her self-sacrifice, ST's ad-libbed, look away line. And then the actual sword going through, all while her children had to watch there helpless. It was extremely well written, well acted and well-executed (no pun intended). And I still feel her loss, 3 seasons later.

• Love 7