Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I think the TV Scoop awards were formerly known as the Best. Ever. TV. Awards, since they're both end of the season awards presented by EOnline. And they're kind of a big deal in the sense that at one point the winners received physical trophies at SDCC, like SA and EBR did in 2015 for Best Couple and Steamiest Moment: http://www.eonline.com/news/675665/arrow-s-stephen-amell-and-emily-bett-rickards-role-play-olicity-s-domestic-bliss-and-it-might-be-better-than-the-real-thing

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6
(edited)

Results of Round 1 voting in the 2017 Pure Fandom TV Awards - top 4 nominees in each category move on to Round 2 - voting in Round 2 opens July 10...
http://www.purefandom.com/2017/06/29/2017-pure-fandom-tv-awards/

Best Superhero Show - Supergirl (28%), Arrow (18%), Flash (18%), Jessica Jones (11%)
Best Superhero Character - Kara Danvers/Supergirl (31%), Oliver Queen/Arrow (20%), Barry Allen/Flash (18%), Jessica Jones (12%)
Best Villain - Alex Drake/PLL (22%), Negan/TWD (21%), The Hollow/Originals (14%), Cheryl Blossom/Riverdale (12%), Prometheus/Arrow (12%)
Most Passionate Fandom - TVD/Originals (22%), Riverdale (22%), PLL (21%), Arrowverse (20%)

Surprisingly, Olicity/Arrow did not survive to Round 2 for Best Ship (I guess Olicity fans were too busy voting for Eonline's TV Scoop Awards!)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Ha, ha, ha...

The 10 Best Fictional DJs on TV
By Jon O'Brien  |  July 7, 2017  
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/the-10-best-fictional-djs-on-tv.html

3. Chase, Arrow
.  .  .
Played by Austin Butler, Arrow’s Chase sure has the ego-driven persona of a superstar DJ. In fact, he’s so cocky about his skills on the decks that he refuses to audition for the top job at premiere hotspot Verdant. Unfortunately for Thea Queen (Willa Holland), the club owner who eventually hires him to save the day, he’s also a highly trained member of the League of Assassins who uses his DJing powers to get close to his victims. Not to be confused with the show’s serial killer district attorney, Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra), the moonlighting murderer’s DJ career is, cut short when Arsenal (Colton Haynes) and Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) uncover his dastardly plot. Realizing the game is up, Chase downs a shot of cyanide and goes to the great superclub in the netherworld.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

New category - choices are Cody Rhodes, Michael Rowe, Wil Traval, Susanna Thompson, Jamey Sheridan, Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Manu Bennett, Katrina Law, Anna Hopkins and Nick E. Tarabay...

2017 GATV Awards: Pick The Best Arrow Season 5 Guest with 1 or 2 Episodes!
July 9, 2017 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2017-gatv-awards-pick-the-best-arrow-season-5-guest-with-1-or-2-episodes/

Voting in past categories can still be done and will be a thing you can do through the end of the voting period. Come back in a few days for another topic!

List of previously posted categories (if you haven't already voted):
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/category/greenarrowtv-awards/

Voting rules:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2017-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-best-episode-of-arrow-season-5/

• Votes are limited to ONE vote per IP. This means, there’s no way to “cheat” on this poll that we are aware of, and as such, the responses will be accurate.
  • The polls will remain open until we’re done for the summer. We’re keeping all polls open throughout the process, until the time we make the final tally. Do know, though, if you already voted and are given another opportunity to vote later, only the first vote from your IP will be counted.
  • Results will be posted before the start of Arrow Season 6.
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here we go again - Arrow is in Round 1 (Matchup 17 of 32) - tbh, I'm not clear on how to vote, so maybe someone can figure it out...

Fall TV Bracket: Vote For EW’s Next Cover Star
UPDATED JULY 10, 2017 AT 1:08PM EDT
http://ew.com/fall-tv-cover-bracket/ 

Entertainment Weekly is asking YOU to choose who will appear on the cover of our annual Fall TV Preview issue that goes to subscribers. Come back each round at 12 p.m. ET from now until Aug. 4 to vote for EW’s next fall TV preview cover star — and enlist your fellow fans to boost your show’s chances with the hashtag #EWCoverBattle. (See the full list of shows here.)

Each round begins at 12 p.m. ET:
Round 1: July 10 • Round 2:  July 15 • Round 3: July 20 • Semi-Finals: July 25 • Finals: July 31 

EW Fall TV Preview cover battle: Vote for the next cover star
EW STAFF  POSTED ON JULY 7, 2017 AT 1:30PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/07/fall-tv-preview-cover-battle-2017/

For the second year in a row, we’re asking you, our loyal readers, to choose who will appear on the cover of our annual Fall TV Preview issue that goes to subscribers.

The competition goes live Monday at noon ET, and readers will have the chance to make their voices heard from now until its conclusion on Aug. 4 at 12 p.m. ET. The winner will grace the subscribers’ cover of our Fall TV Preview double issue, sent out on Sept. 15.

Come back for each round at 12 p.m. ET (Round 1: July 10; Round 2: July 15; Round 3: July 20; Round 4: July 25; Semi-Finals: July 31) to cast a vote for the Entertainment Weekly cover star — and enlist fellow fans to participate as well with the hashtag #EWCoverBattle on social media. (And voting your favorite show into the top 16 might just help its chances for a cover in the future.)

One more thing: Last year’s big winner, Supernatural, won’t be eligible this year. And because we have that hotly anticipated Outlander cover also coming in September, we’re taking it out of the running as well.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

It looks like you have to sign up, but I believe that I was able to vote last year without signing up for anything. That's why I'm not sure of the voting process. The article also talks about using social media. So... I don't know.

Edited by tv echo
56 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm gonna bet they already have a "This is Us" cover lined up. 

That's going to be funny when you realize if they make it to the finals then it was jinxed. 

I think I'd be more inclined to vote if I knew that Felicity and Digg are going to be part of the cover. But more likely than not it's either going to be a solo of GA OR, heavens forbid, all the damn masks -- and I just have no interest or investment at all in those options.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, tv echo said:

Here we go again - Arrow is in Round 1 (Matchup 17 of 32) - tbh, I'm not clear on how to vote, so maybe someone can figure it out...

Fall TV Bracket: Vote For EW’s Next Cover Star
UPDATED JULY 10, 2017 AT 1:08PM EDT

This time, I was able to vote just by clicking on the Arrow pic - and without signing up for anything! (Blue check mark changed to green check mark on selected pic, and blue check mark disappeared from other pic.)

ETA: When I went back and tried voting for Arrow again (to test it), I got this message that read: "Sorry, it appears you already voted today."

Edited by tv echo

I found this message when I clicked today (yesterday it was a huge mess that wouldn't let me do anything).

You may have noticed the voting interface has changed — but rest assured, any votes cast on July 10 and July 11 have been tracked above. But that doesn’t mean you can’t vote again for your favorites!

Voting was super easy this time for all the matchups.  No need to sign up or anything.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Top 15 comic book adaptations
The classic comic books that became classic TV shows.

JUL 13, 2017 3:37PMBY DAVID MICHAEL BROWN
http://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/top-15-comic-book-adaptations-39163

10 / 15 ARROW: Take a bow, sharp-shooting vigilante Green Arrow. The billionaire playboy turned shadowy superhero after he is stranded on a mysterious island for five years. Using his father’s notebook as a kill list. Living in the same universe as Constantine and featuring Supergirl, The Flash and the, erm… legends from Legends Of Tomorrow in its 100th episode, the hooded crack shot spearheaded the D.C. TV renaissance.

1 The Walking Dead
2 Wonder Woman
3 Batman
4 Preacher
5 The Incredible Hulk
6 The Amazing Spider-man
7 Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
8 Agent Carter
9 The Tick
10 Arrow
11 Riverdale
12 iZombie
13 The Green Hornet
14 Marvel's Jessica Jones
15 Tales from the Crypt

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

That's always a hard category since usually I like some of what they write but might also HATE some of what people write.  In the end, lucked out.  Elizabeth Kim only wrote one episode (along with Speed Weed).  Dangerous Liaisons.  So no downside.  :) 

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I still don't know if I want to commit to voting WM. Lol she'll no doubt annoy me with word salad this season but I loved 520 and she did write 320 so I'm torn!!!! Torn!!!!!

I likely unfairly didn't vote for her just because of the word salad interviews, lol.  

• Love 1

So I went back to that GATV site specifically the best actress poll and it let me vote again. 

It gave me the thanks for voting sign and not the you've already voted.

So maybe it will work for other people to. So go vote again! Yippee! LOL

35 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

So I went back to that GATV site specifically the best actress poll and it let me vote again. 

But Craig's polls are unhackable, they are better then the CIA and FBI combined, they are totally 100 per cent legit and speak for the entire Arrow fandom around the world. You must be mistaken.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Craig said even if it lets another vote go through he'd only count the first vote from the IP address.

(edited)

Arrow survived to Round 2 of EW's Fall TV Cover Battle and is now up against Last Man on Earth - voting in Round 2 until July 20 (there are 16 matchups in this round)...

ETA:  Gotham is now up against Riverdale, LoT and Supergirl are now up against each other, and Flash is now up against Marvel's Inhumans.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Yeah, it's a Reddit poll.  The makers of it have decided all the Olicity Wedding votes were either ironic or bots so the true result of the poll was everyone was looking most forward to the return of Slade.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, it's a Reddit poll.  The makers of it have decided all the Olicity Wedding votes were either ironic or bots so the true result of the poll was everyone was looking most forward to the return of Slade.  

Good job bots!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

#FakePoll

• Love 2

I almost feel sorry for them! It's hilarious how these polls keep getting foiled. And the worse thing is I don't think the Olicity fandom is putting that much energy into finding or voting for these things. They're just outnumbered.

Can't a fellow be allowed to create a biased comic fanboy poll in peace?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Can't a fellow be allowed to create a biased comic fanboy poll in peace?

It's a cruel hard world out there. It's best they learn that early ?

• Love 1
(edited)

Dinah was omitted from the list! Accident or intentional? The only named choices are Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Curtis, Chase, Quentin, Laurel/BS, Rory, Evelyn, Rene, Talia, Nyssa, Slade, Moira, Malcolm and Alena (there's also an Other write-in option)...

2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick Your Favorite Character Of Arrow Season 5!
 July 28, 2017 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2017-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-your-favorite-character-of-arrow-season-5/

Edited by tv echo