Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Comic Book Shows Filmed in Vancouver – Your Favourites!
MARCH 10, 2017 / WHATSFILMING / 0 COMMENTS
http://www.whatsfilming.ca/2017/03/10/comic-book-shows-filmed-in-vancouver-your-favourites/

If you’re into superheroes, or comic book shows in general, Vancouver is the place to be. It never seems to get old spotting masked vigilantes or villains around the city. Right now there are 8 current comic book shows filmed in Vancouver:
Poll #1: Favourite Arrowverse comic book show filmed in Vancouver

Total votes: 1,086

And the winner is…?

Arrow
.  .  .
Although it’s not what I personally expected, it was cool to see Arrow take this one by a landslide of almost half the votes. After all, this was the show that really paved the way for the most recent wave of comic book shows filmed in Vancouver. Arrow started filming its first season in Vancouver in 2012 and it premiered on October 10th of that year.

After becoming a success story for The CW, the series spawned The Flash, which began filming in the area in March 2014 and premiered on October 7th. Next up was Legends of Tomorrow, which featured characters from the two aforementioned shows. Legends started filming in September 2015 and it premiered last January. This past summer, Supergirl made the move to Vancouver for season 2 after filming its first season in Los Angeles.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Congrats to Adrian! It's nice to know that Arrow probably doesn't waste him - he is probably just busy, so we are fortunate to get him when we can like Audrey Marie Anderson.

TVLine's Performer of the Week: Legion's Aubrey Plaza
By Team TVLine / March 18 2017, 8:34 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/03/18/aubrey-plaza-legion-performance-season-1-lenny/

HONORABLE MENTION | We here had known for a while that Josh Segarra‘s Arrow character would be revealed as Prometheus — and it always seemed an odd fit. But wow. As if with the flip of a switch, Segarra transformed mild-mannered D.A. Adrian Chase into not just a worthy adversary for Star City’s mayor and hero, but a really mean one. In his first “unmasked” scenes already, he has clearly, chillingly put Oliver on notice that he is neither a foe to be trifled with nor scared easily. Whether suggesting Oliver has been “asleep this whole time,” dismissing his threats as the words of an “impotent” man, deflecting a seething Lance and Rene with “shop talk” or gutting his plaintive wife, Segarra has convinced us that Chase is one stone-cold seeker of vengeance.

• Love 3

Performer of the Week: Nicole Kidman
By Team TVLine / March 25 2017, 7:59 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/03/25/nicole-kidman-big-little-lies-performance-hbo/

HONORABLE MENTION | Restrained from running and jumping and fwip!ing, Arrow‘s Stephen Amell this week seized the opportunity to make the most of Oliver’s shackled situation, by delivering one of his most fierce performances to date. As Oliver struggled to get a bead on Adrian Chase’s agenda, to decipher his captor’s call for a “secret” to be shared, Amell registered his alter ego’s frustration. Then, when Chase appeared to snap Evelyn’s neck as punishment for Oliver’s silence, Amell let loose with a bellow we can almost still hear. And while some have scoffed at the “obvious” confession that eventually came forth, Amell sold us on Oliver’s despair in uttering the damning words. Oliver may have looked strong, his musculature and scars laid bare throughout, but Amell made clear the hero had never felt so weak.

• Love 4

I'm so glad SA got the mention.  He works hard on his performance as Oliver and even if the episode wasn't the greatest, he did give it his all.  Well deserved, IMO.

Also, he's so competitive that it must have felt good getting the mention because JS got it last week.

• Love 5

While I had some issues with some of the writing points in the episode. I really do think overall it was a good episode. In a season of underwhelming and predictable it was a welcome change. And I really think most of that is because of the quality acting job of both SA & JS. So I am also very glad that SA got some recognition. It was a strong acting episode. KUDOS to them :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

http://www.purefandom.com/2017/04/01/2017-shipper-showdown-winners/

Good on the site for noticing the obvious cheating and not rewarding it. :)

Nice! It was so disappointing to see what happened in the last hours of the poll. Suddenly after days of steady voting the vote count jumped by tens of thousands in a couple hours? Something was definitely fishy.

edit: Oh wow. I just realized there's a comment section they outright admitted to cheating there.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
(edited)

Fangirlish’s FEELS of the Week: March 26th-April 1st
April 2, 2017
http://fangirlish.com/fangirlishs-feels-week-march-26th-april-1st/

Bad-ass Female Character of the Week
Lyra: Felicity Smoak on Legends of Tomorrow. Despite the fact that Felicity was a masked vigilante for 2.5 seconds she was the last one standing. After everyone in her team was taken down, she kept fighting to keep Star City safe from those that would cause it harm. It takes a lot of heart and strength to do what she did and I’ve got to believe that in this alternate reality, she made it back to them, somehow, someway, in death.
Superhero of the Week
Lyra: Felicity Smoak on Legends of Tomorrow. Look, before you say, “You had her as the badass female character of the week” let me explain. Felicity deserves both these mentions and more. For a character that was only suppose to be on Arrow for one episode, look how far she’s come? Felicity Smoak is a fighter, a survivor, a legacy, no matter what universe/reality she appears in.
Nora: Felicity Smoak is also my superhero of the week. Even though she was barely in two minutes of the Legends of Tomorrow episode, she was a superhero in all the best ways. First of all, the fact that Felicity continued to fight after Damien killed every other superhero in this alternate reality was a lot to handle. Felicity Smoak, whether she has a mask or not, will always be one of the best superheroes, but Legends of Tomorrow really let her shine this week. Seeing her kick some butt and go toe to toe with Sara and Amaya was awesome. She uses everyone’s legacy to continue the fight and if that’s not the mark of a superhero, I don’t know what is.  

Lizzie: Here to jump on the Felicity Smoak on Legends of Tomorrow train. Felicity, for me, is a superhero every week, without the mask, and what makes her one on this episode isn’t necessarily the mask, but the fact that she didn’t give up, that she kept fighting, even when the fight was lost.
Quote of the Week
Nora: “Star City is my home and I will never stop fighting.” -Felicity Smoak, Legends of Tomorrow
WTF Moment of the Week
Lizzie: Arrow was good this week, not mind-blowingly great, but good, and that’s why they earn this stop – because it’s been EIGHTEEN EPISODES. Why couldn’t they start the season like this? Why did I have to waste eighteen seventeen hours of my life? Next year, you can be sure, if I’m still watching, I’m not watching live. Because they certainly don’t seem to care about making every episode a good one.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9
(edited)

7 Almost First Kisses That Stole Our Breath
APRIL 5, 2017 by CATHERINE
http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2017/04/05/7-almost-first-kisses/

#1 Oliver and Felicity, Arrow (Season 2, Episode 23)
.  .  .
Olicity fans fell to the ground in a collective heap when Oliver Queen declared his love for Felicity Smoak in the Season 2 finale. There was no doubt he meant every word; the look in his eyes, the expression on his face, and the way his voice broke as he said those three magic words left little doubt. Now all that was needed to seal the deal was true love’s first kiss. Fans waited for them to move towards each other as Oliver and Felicity stared intently at each other, the tension mounting. Yet, they never move. Not one little bit. At least not towards each other. Instead, after one last long look, Oliver leaves a stunned Felicity behind. No one bought Oliver’s excuse that it was a trap for Slade. Luckily, we didn’t have to wait too long to see this couple share the sweetest, yet heartbreaking, first kiss.

By the way, there was a kiss cut from the scene. Olicity fans successfully lobbied Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim into releasing the cut scene. You can find it here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Here we go again...

It's Time for Alpha Male Madness 2017! Nominate Your Favorite TV Actors Now
by LAUREN PIESTER | Fri, Apr 7, 2017 11:00 AM
http://www.eonline.com/news/841974/it-s-time-for-alpha-male-madness-2017-nominate-your-favorite-tv-actors-now

You have until Sunday, April 9 at 5 p.m. PT to send us your nominations. You can nominate as many actors as you want, as long as they identify as either male or nonbinary, and they were on TV in 2016 or 2017. Those are pretty much the only rules! 

rs_1024x759-170406144736-1024.Alpha-Male

• Love 1
On 4/6/2017 at 3:30 PM, tv echo said:

7 Almost First Kisses That Stole Our Breath
APRIL 5, 2017 by CATHERINE
http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2017/04/05/7-almost-first-kisses/

The non-kiss in s2 I think was one of the best decision they ever made regarding Olicity on so many levels. I loved it. I'm glad they never had the kiss they filmed air. And if I'm being honest, it was not that good of a first TV kiss. The hospital hallway was far better executed, glad it was canon's first kiss.

• Love 5
On 5 April 2017 at 1:29 AM, tv echo said:

Lizzie: Arrow was good this week, not mind-blowingly great, but good, and that’s why they earn this stop – because it’s been EIGHTEEN EPISODES. Why couldn’t they start the season like this? Why did I have to waste eighteen seventeen hours of my life? Next year, you can be sure, if I’m still watching, I’m not watching live. Because they certainly don’t seem to care about making every episode a good one.

I think this is such a valid point, and the biggest issue facing the next season on Arrow. Now more than ever they can't have a season to season hiatus where they ignore what creates buzz when teasing and hyping their viewers, because I think a lot of people are fatigued. 

• Love 3

SA did not make it to the Elite 8 Round of Eonline's Alpha Male Madness 2017...
http://www.eonline.com/news/844776/alpha-male-madness-2017-vote-in-the-elite-8

We've made it to the elite eight in our quest to find the most loved TV actor, and we're already a little shocked. Arrow's Stephen Amell is no longer in the running, and the guys of Shadowhunters have been knocked out of the tournament too. 

Edited by tv echo

I hate the fact that they have to bring up people who dislike Felicity basically undermining the praise they have given her on the list. Like either put her on the list and have conviction in your praise or if you're secretly bitter about her being on there just leave her off ffs. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I want to see her win so bad. Not only because she deserves it, she works hard.

Me too but the competition typically is brutal so if she doesn't win, it's no knock against her.  

• Love 1

You may recall that SA was nominated for Best Hero - but I am very happy with this result (though surprised)...

MTV Movie and TV Awards 2017: The winners
By Chloe Melas   May 8, 2017
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/entertainment/mtv-movie-awards-winners-2017/

Best Hero
Felicity Jones -- "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"
Grant Gustin -- "The Flash"
Mike Colter -- "Luke Cage"
Millie Bobby Brown -- "Stranger Things"
Stephen Amell -- "Arrow"
Taraji P. Henson -- "Hidden Figures" - Winner

• Love 1