Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Stephen Amell gets so much flack. He is expressive. It's just subtle. He played Oliver as having PTSD and that's not easy to do. Also he has cried on screen and laughed/smiled like a schoolboy going on his first date IYKWIM. I find Amell's acting more compelling than Grant. Although I like Grant.

Edited by olicityfan25
  • Love 15
(edited)

The Flash has the benefit of having an ensemble that works great together, and is allowed to not take itself so seriously all the time that helps people to enjoy the tone as being the perfect sort of light, comic-booky feel.

I agree. That was kind of my point - people overlook an awful lot due to that likability and lightness, when the writing and the plots and characters suffer from the same weaknesses that Arrow does. So, the acting awards it won, I get. The best adaptation, I don't. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I enjoyed Flash S1 better than Arrow S3.  But I don't feel AT ALL fannish about Flash, so that also made it easier for me to enjoy it. I mean, I know stuff about the writers and producers, and I hear fandom noise, but I watch Flash from a distance. I watch Arrow from within the fandom, over-analyzing everything and then doing it again, and that makes a difference.

But yeah, the critical praise Flash has gathered this season definitely has to do with it having a lighter tone. And Tom Cavanaugh + Jesse L. Martin give them more street cred than anyone on Arrow. And they had WAY better guest stars than Arrow did this season, which also gave them points with the pro critics. And possibly with the Saturn Award voters [they gave Melissa McBride an award, so I think they're aces].

• Love 6

Saturn Awards are specifically for sci-fi/fantasy shows/movies, right? I can see "Arrow" getting snubbed because it's not quite sci-fi enough, given its efforts to stay more or less grounded in reality. 

• Love 1

I think it comes from the likability of the cast. Especially Grant Gustin- he's supremely likable as Barry, and very natural on camera (even if he often comes across as a teenager), while SA has always been kind of stiff and dour. Cute, yes, but let's face it, he's never been the greatest or most expressive actor. But Barry's kind of like this big puppy dog who pulls you in- and then Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin elevate just about everything they're given as well. The Flash has the benefit of having an ensemble that works great together, and is allowed to not take itself so seriously all the time that helps people to enjoy the tone as being the perfect sort of light, comic-booky feel.

That's one person's opinion of SA. I think it's not an apt comparison of their acting talents of which IMO Stephen is very underrated. He's an excellent actor playing a different character than Gustin.  One is lighter of spirit, younger who wasn't stranded on an island trying to survive on twigs and birds and that's just for starters.  Arrow is a serious show. The Flash is meant to be lighter. I don't like it as much for precisely that reason. Mileage varies as always.

• Love 8
(edited)

He's not terrible, he carries the show fine, he can just be very wooden a lot of times. The CW tends to cast actors like this a lot, they go for the hunky, heartthrob guy rather than the best actor. They didn't do that on Flash though, they went the opposite for once and I think the show benefited overall. I think casting is a huge deal on TV shows, because if you get attached to the characters you tend to be able to forgive/overlook a lot of plot holes- I think that's what's happened on The Flash with the critics. They love Gustin, Martin, Cavanagh, Valdes (and they do work well together, all of them) and they weren't as critical of any weird, plot related stuff as long as the characters are so good together.

Edited by ruby24
(edited)

I totally disagree that SA is wooden. He's been playing a character with nuance. Oliver has secrets, he has PTSD. There is some great changes he does between Island!Oliver, post-IslandPTSD!Oliver, HongKong!Oliver and presentDay!Oliver. He's got good comic chops and has range.

I think your theory that the CW is only going for looks and not talent except as it applies to the Flash, doesn't hold up when you look at Supernatural and Arrow with their lead actors and their supporting actors and guest actors. I would put Blackthorne, Ramsey, Amell, Holland and Susannah Thompson against all of the Flash cast for talent. And I won't even go into the talent that is Jensen Ackles who IMO is the best actor on the CW (just my opinion). 

The CW didn't break new amazing ground in the casting of the Flash. The Flash got the benefit of better writing when Kreisberg and Berlanti turned their focus to the Flash. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 16
(edited)

They love Gustin, Martin, Cavanagh, Valdes (and they do work well together, all of them) and they weren't as critical of any weird, plot related stuff as long as the characters are so good together.

Which is a shame, because Barry did something more stupid, selfish and unheroic in The Flash finale than I've ever seen Oliver do, haha. And all the supporting characters were made to be idiots to allow it. And I didn't see very many (if any) reviewers even mention it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

Which is a shame, because Barry did something more stupid, selfish and unheroic in The Flash finale than I've ever seen Oliver do, haha. And all the supporting characters were made to be idiots to allow it. 

I totally agree- I kept wondering how no one else seemed to care that their own lives would essentially be erased by Barry going back in time to change his. But then of course he has that amazing scene in the past with his mother, which was a prime example of how acting can elevate everything, even all the plot loopholes. To not be moved by him in that scene you'd have to made of stone and he gets the credit for that.

To not be moved by him in that scene you'd have to made of stone and he gets the credit for that.

I'm not trying to take away his credit. But the writing is still stupid and full of plot holes and not at all worthy of praise, which is the point I was making.

• Love 4

I totally disagree that SA is wooden. He's been playing a character with nuance. Oliver has secrets, he has PTSD. There is some great changes he does between Island!Oliver, post-IslandPTSD!Oliver, HongKong!Oliver and presentDay!Oliver. He's got good comic chops and has range.

I think your theory that the CW is only going for looks and not talent except as it applies to the Flash, doesn't hold up when you look at Supernatural and Arrow with their lead actors and their supporting actors and guest actors. I would put Blackthorne, Ramsey, Amell, Holland and Susannah Thompson against all of the Flash cast for talent. And I won't even go into the talent that is Jensen Ackles who IMO is the best actor on the CW (just my opinion). 

The CW didn't break new amazing ground in the casting of the Flash. The Flash got the benefit of better writing when Kreisberg and Berlanti turned their focus to the Flash. 

I meant they tend to go for that with the leads. They've done well in supporting, I also like Paul Blackthorne and Susannah Thompson- in fact I used to think PB was one of the best parts about the show. And of course, EBR when she came in. But in lead they generally go for a certain type.

I'm sorry, where are SA's comedic chops?

Regarding Amell's comedic chops, I liked his guest appearance on New Girl. I laughed.

Quick additional note on the Saturn Awards: for various reasons that aren't relevant here, voting was opened up to associate members.  Pretty much anyone can join that Academy as an associate member for $25 a year. 

• Love 3

The Flash cast hasn't grabbed me like my Team Arrow. There was a discussion before about needing a relationship to connect to a character, I'm expanding that from character to show. 

I like Grant, Valdes and Pannabaker, but they don't hold a candle to Amell, Ramsey and Rickards to me. I know that the Flash Team is supposed to be the 2.0 version but I would gladly take the original.

WestAllen. I could carry less about them apart from how stupid the characters act (Barry stop being a tool, Iris don't go mean girl). To me, they can't compare to Olicity.

The one relationship I did respond to right away was Barry and Joe. And they went and jacked that up for me by making Joe a really sucky father to Iris.

Everything feels like a modified, skippy version of Arrow. I think Arrow at it's best is better than the Flash. Arrow just hasn't been its best for awhile. 

• Love 19

I meant they tend to go for that with the leads. They've done well in supporting, I also like Paul Blackthorne and Susannah Thompson- in fact I used to think PB was one of the best parts about the show. And of course, EBR when she came in. But in lead they generally go for a certain type.

They have done well with talented and skilled lead actors in Stephen, Jensen, Jared Padalecki, I don't watch TVD but I hear they are all 3 great lead actors, the lead from Jane the Virgin won a Golden Globe. So again, my point is that The Flash did not blaze trails with Grant Gustin being the only talented lead actor on the CW who also happens to be good looking.

He was great on Hung and New Girl, IMO.

I think he's shown his comedic chops on Arrow too when given the chance. His deadpan reactions are hilarious.  I still think the funniest moment on Arrow is when he leans back in his chair and looks up at the ceiling when Thea asks if he's close to the club, which was all an SA ad lib.

• Love 7

I get annoyed when actors are just dismissed as 'CW' actors. There have been some fantastic (and good looking) actors on this network over the years. Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, Candice Accola, Joseph Morgan, Kristen Bell, Lauren Graham, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, if you expand to the WB years you get Buffy. BUFFY.

• Love 8

They have done well with talented and skilled lead actors in Stephen, Jensen, Jared Padalecki, I don't watch TVD but I hear they are all 3 great lead actors, the lead from Jane the Virgin won a Golden Globe. So again, my point is that The Flash did not blaze trails with Grant Gustin being the only talented lead actor on the CW who also happens to be good looking.

I think he's shown his comedic chops on Arrow too when given the chance. His deadpan reactions are hilarious.  I still think the funniest moment on Arrow is when he leans back in his chair and looks up at the ceiling when Thea asks if he's close to the club, which was all an SA ad lib.

Actually, I meant they went for talent over looks in his case (not that he's totally unattractive, but I don't think he can be labeled anything close to a heartthrob in the conventional way- it's all his personality that wins you over). And I meant for men, although they also tend to go for female leads who looks as close to conventionally "hot" as possible. EBR was a refreshing change in that instance, but again, she was a supporting character originally, which is probably how she was considered.

They may be changing their usual methods now, but you really don't think they had a history of casting super conventional looking "hot" actors in the lead roles on their shows?

They may be changing their usual methods now, but you really don't think they had a history of casting super conventional looking "hot" actors in the lead roles on their shows?

Hot looks is not mutually exclusive from talent. There is no way Supernatural last 10 seasons TEN! seasons without the talent. SPN lives and dies by the two leads. And those two guy did not get hired for their looks first. They had both proven track records on Gilmore Girls and Dark Angel and Smallville. Did they have a particular look the showrunners wanted? Probably. Same with SA and GG.

I get annoyed when actors are just dismissed as 'CW' actors. There have been some fantastic (and good looking) actors on this network over the years. Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, Candice Accola, Joseph Morgan, Kristen Bell, Lauren Graham, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, if you expand to the WB years you get Buffy. BUFFY.

You can throw in the cast of Angel with Borneanaz and  Alexis Denisoff and Amy Fucking Acker!

• Love 2

I don't think that's limited to the CW.  Downton Abbey, for instance, cast super conventional looking "hot" actors for Mary and Matthew, and then filled their supporting roles with other actors.

• Love 2
(edited)

Actually, I meant they went for talent over looks in his case (not that he's totally unattractive, but I don't think he can be labeled anything close to a heartthrob in the conventional way- it's all his personality that wins you over). And I meant for men, although they also tend to go for female leads who looks as close to conventionally "hot" as possible. EBR was a refreshing change in that instance, but again, she was a supporting character originally, which is probably how she was considered.

All the recent adaptations of Flash has Barry Allen as a boyish-looking guy, not a heartthrob-type, so I don't think the casting of GG is as out-of-the-norm as you're making it out to be. (Look at who they cast as Barry in the Flash movie, and "Bart" Allen in Smallville)

And I don't know in what universe EBR isn't considered conventionally hot.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
(edited)

Conventional hot leads I can think of: 

• Sarah Walker - Chuck
  • Even Chuck got hot in the later seasons
  • Everyone from Friends
  • Robyn from HIMYM
  • Mark Sloan/Derek Sheperd - Greys Anatomy
  • Jennifer Morrison/every other lead on OUAT 
  • Chloe/Clark/Lois/Lana - Smallville
  • Harvey/Mike/Rachel/Donna - Suits
  • Matt Bomer - White Collar
  • Kristen Bell - Veronica Mars
  • Everyone from Glee
  • Everyone from How to get away with murder
  • Scandal --- Basically everything Shonda Rhimes writes
  • Supergirl's entire cast is hot

So it's not just a CW thing... It's a TV thing. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9
(edited)

Hey, I have a weird question.  Has there ever been an Emmy nomination made when there was no submission nor a "For Your Consideration" thing?

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

Wait, are there ugly people on tv?

Also, Rose McIver from iZombie and the ladies from The 100 can probably act circles around the entire big four primetime.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 6

Good actors from the CW/WB (not including Flash/Arrow): 

• Lauren Graham
  • Allison Mack
  • Eliza Taylor
  • Bob Morley
  • Yvonne Strahovski
  • Zachary Levi
  • Gina Rodriguez
  • Jaime Camil
  • Kristen Bell
  • Jensen Ackles
  • Jared Padelecki
  • Sarah Michelle Gellar
  • Alyson Hannigan (the best cryer I've seen on tv)
  • Keri Russell

I'm sure there are more...

• Love 4
(edited)

TBH, I think The FLASH is benefitting from being new & pardon the pun flashy. For me it will be interesting to see what s2 holds for critic & fan response. I feel like they covered a lot of ground in s1 and really have little places to go with the main premise of the pilot which was to find BA's mom killer and bring him to justice. They tried to do that in the finale and caused a black hole. It was perhaps the most selfish move I have seen for someone that everyone was calling a hero for a whole season when really all he did was run fast. He's heroic, but I don't quite think he's a hero. His one big moment to be a hero in the finale was directly related to his decision to also be selfish.

I think both casts are very talented, there really isn't a level of difference in talent. I think Arrow despite all its flaws this season has stronger scripts as a whole for character & plot. I feel more connected to the Arrow characters than I do the Flash characters which just seem 1-dimensional if you remove the talent of GG, TC, JLM, CV, RC, JWS & CP. Honestly, I have to ignore a lot of what they say & just appreciate the acting. The scripts are really juvenile at points. And the plot holes are big in both shows. But at least OQ seems to have multiple ways to defeat evil besides just running fast.

I have already talked about the difference between OQ & BA in the OQ thread. As for the actors, I think they are both talented actors that were well cast for bringing the most to their characters. SA is underrated at times for his performance as OQ. He brings many layers that have nothing to do with his attractiveness. GG on the other hand is just as nuanced, but honestly I think his acting is improved when he is around JLM, TC & JWS or when he is on ARROW. When he is alone or with some of the other cast, I don't feel that his talent is so spectacular.

It does not surprise me that the FLASH is doing so well in awards & nominations. It was a solid season & a new show that lived up to its potential. Acting & effects were well done. Overall It was a good show. But next year will be the test for whether it can maintain the level it had this season when it too is burdened with helping set-up a spin-off & deal with some of the residuals aftereffects of s1. ARROW had a rough season this year, honestly it proabably doesn't deserve certain nominations or awards this season. But I feel like next season will be better for ARROW now that they got a rough season under their belt and survived. It already looks better than most of anything that was coming out during s3.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think it comes from the likability of the cast. Especially Grant Gustin- he's supremely likable as Barry, and very natural on camera (even if he often comes across as a teenager), while SA has always been kind of stiff and dour. Cute, yes, but let's face it, he's never been the greatest or most expressive actor. But Barry's kind of like this big puppy dog who pulls you in- and then Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin elevate just about everything they're given as well. The Flash has the benefit of having an ensemble that works great together, and is allowed to not take itself so seriously all the time that helps people to enjoy the tone as being the perfect sort of light, comic-booky feel.

I think Grant Gustin benefits from how likable Barry Allen is. I couldn't stand him as the character that he was on Glee (who incidentally was there to stall an OTP so maybe he and Brandon Routh could relate). 

I agree that Tom Cavanagh and Jessie L. Martin are good, but so are Susanna Thompson, Paul Blackthorne and Colin Salmon.  Cavanagh and Martin bear the weight of the show second only to Grant Gustin and get meaty acting stuff whereas Blackthorne and Salmon were barely used, especially this season when Quentin is mostly a grace note in Laurel's or Oliver's plots while the weight is put upon younger actors like Katie Cassidy, Colton Haynes and this season Willa Holland along with guest actors like Brandon Routh and Matt Nable.  Susanna Thompson was used more, but then she was written off the show entirely.  David Ramsey elevates everything he gets but there is only so much you can do a look or a gesture as opposed to the scripts that Jessie L, Martin gets.  (Plus Martin comes with his existing accolades and fame.)

I like Grant Gustin's Barry Allen and I think they did a good job casting him but he benefits from playing a role that is both likable and appears to be close to his real life nature.  He's acting, while I'd say Stephen Amell, portraying now four very different and distinct versions of Oliver (pre-island, early return, comples season 3 and Al Sah Him) I'd say is Acting.

If The Flash continues down the darker road the finale ended on, and Arrow lightens up next season, it will be easier to compare the two.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

But I feel like next season will be better for ARROW now that they got a rough season under their belt and survived. It already looks better than most of anything that was coming out during s3.

I don't know. The rumors/speculation for S4 might seem better than what we now know of S3, but I was THRILLED last summer when I heard about Ra's being the big bad. I remember the hype surrounding Liam Neeson's mentioning in some interview that he'd be glad to reprise the role. We all know he was most likely being gracious, but it was so awesome it was on his radar at all.

Honestly, the only aspect of S4 that I'm remotely excited about is Olicity. I've been burned too recently to get my hopes up about H.I.V.E.

Lastly, in respect to this thread's focus, I think SA does a fantastic job and should receive more recognition/accolades for his acting.

• Love 2

I like Grant Gustin's Barry Allen and I think they did a good job casting him but he benefits from playing a role that is both likable and appears to be close to his real life nature.  He's acting, while I'd say Stephen Amell, portraying now four very different and distinct versions of Oliver (pre-island, early return, comples season 3 and Al Sah Him) I'd say is Acting.

You make a really good point-- I feel like people that call Amell's acting "wooden" never seem to give him credit for playing flashback Ollie as a completely different person. Different tone of voice, way more emotional, sometimes comically inept, especially in season 1. 

• Love 13

That's one person's opinion of SA. I think it's not an apt comparison of their acting talents of which IMO Stephen is very underrated. He's an excellent actor playing a different character than Gustin. One is lighter of spirit, younger who wasn't stranded on an island trying to survive on twigs and birds and that's just for starters. Arrow is a serious show. The Flash is meant to be lighter. I don't like it as much for precisely that reason. Mileage varies as always.

Especially when Oliver has many different sides to him and Stephen plays out Oliver's many personalities. Grant only plays Barry as masked and not. I don't know if I'm explaining this right lol
  • Love 5

I don't know. The rumors/speculation for S4 might seem better than what we now know of S3, but I was THRILLED last summer when I heard about Ra's being the big bad. I remember the hype surrounding Liam Neeson's mentioning in some interview that he'd be glad to reprise the role. We all know he was most likely being gracious, but it was so awesome it was on his radar at all.

Honestly, the only aspect of S4 that I'm remotely excited about is Olicity. I've been burned too recently to get my hopes up about H.I.V.E.

Lastly, in respect to this thread's focus, I think SA does a fantastic job and should receive more recognition/accolades for his acting.

they definitely messed up by not taking Liam on his offer. I wonder if he would've taken a pay cut to.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I prefer Gustin to Amell TBH, but The Flash managed to make me dislike Barry much faster than it happened with Oliver. His actions towards Iris and in the finale just made me stop caring for him at all. And now that I've mentioned Iris, the reason why I have generally low opinion of The Flash (lower than Arrow ATM) is its female characters. I hate how the show that has such an awful treatment of them continues to reap accolades without being called on that as often as it should. Both female regulars are defined by their romantic relationships and don't have real character development arcs centered around them. Iris is constantly treated like somebody who should be coddled and kept safe by both her father and Barry. Caitlyn's intelligence and skills aren't nearly as shilled as Cisco's (imho), there are very few recurring female characters compared to male. I mean, yeah, Arrow is guilty of fridging Sara and Shado (I wouldn't call Moira's death fridging because it wasn't that bad, even if was a huge mistake), but overall, it has handled females so much better than The Flash it's not even funny.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 6

He's shown he has a pretty good handle on comedy, especially in the first season when he was allowed to be snarky funny. And the biggest laugh I had in Season 3 (beyond seeing somebody in a costume full of buckles) was his delivery of the "you and Palmer are related" line and his subsequent reaction to Felicity's death glare.

Here's a new BuzzFeed Community poll - Oliver & Felicity are currently in 5th place...

Who’s The Best Couple On The CW?

posted on Jun. 27, 2015, at 12:51 a.m.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilymarie006/whos-the-best-couple-on-the-cw-1jzf0?utm_term=.xlMEZqLW#.ayjBoZ8vkq

No offense to BuzzFeed but I think Olicity may be a tad busy with a certain poll ;)

I think there's only one bad actor in the Flarrow verse. Her name is  Danielle Panabaker. The rest are great, good, or either inconsistent or limited. 

I have found a few issues with some of her delivery but I have also thought she was fantastic.  Her Kareoke episode was epically funny.  I think her biggest issue has been inconsistent writing.  One moment she's heartbroken about the dead fiancé but then when she finds out he is alive, suddenly she's ready to move on?  Ah, but then he comes back and it's an instant wedding.  

The other thing she has suffered from is severe underuse in the back half of the season.  Inconsistent characterization and reduced usage is a poor way to showcase any talents.   I think the underuse was to try to starve the still lingering Snowberry element. 

Still, I can understand why she was up for a teen choice award. 

• Love 3

I just find that she's plain awful..stilted delivery, exaggerated mannerisms. Candice Patton blows her out of the water imo 

I think her biggest issue has been inconsistent writing.  One moment she's heartbroken about the dead fiancé but then when she finds out he is alive, suddenly she's ready to move on?  Ah, but then he comes back and it's an instant wedding.

I think that was due to a lot of factors. A year later, not dead but necessary to part, life's short (I guess). 

(edited)

I like Candice but, the way she played Iris was somewhat annoying. Especially the whole fiasco when Barry had a girlfriend.

MTV Poll/Reblog

We came back in the mtv poll. We were down like 160k reblogs. Now we're up!

Edited by olicityfan25
  • Love 1

they definitely messed up by not taking Liam on his offer. I wonder if he would've taken a pay cut to.

As I recall, one of the EPs (probably Marc) said they did reach out to Liam's people after that interview, just in case, and it wasn't going to happen.

I like Candice but, the way she played Iris was somewhat annoying. Especially the whole fiasco when Barry had a girlfriend.

You mean when she made a minor mistake that was overblown by the fandom and Barry? Being human...what a horrible crime. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Danielle Panabaker, although I know she's not to everyone's taste.  I think she lightens up the scenes she's in, in a screwball kind of way.  Also there's way too much testosterone among The Flash's cast, regular and guest so it's nice to have another female character.  (Seriously, in STAR labs there are Barry, Wells, Cisco, Joe and occasionally Ronnie and Stein to one Caitlyn.  At the police station there's Barry, Joe, Eddie and Singh, Iris had a male mentor at the newspaper and even the villains are overwhelming male.)

I think Candice Patton is doing a good job but it's a thankless character because these EPs do not know how to do subtle and the idiocy of all the men in her life acting like she's too delicate a flower to be told the truth made it a hundred times worse.  I liked Iris up until Barry told her that he had feelings for her and suddenly she was looking at him and sabotaging his new relationship with Linda. It's awfully hard for me to like a character after that, and it doesn't help that I ship Iris/Eddie and Barry/anyone but Iris.

For the record, I didn't like Gwendolyn in The Importance of Being Earnest and Elizabeth on Poldark so maybe it's something about that type of character, who is too clever (Gwendolyn) and/or is in another relationship not with the hero but can't let him go..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

MTV Poll/Reblog

We came back in the mtv poll. We were down like 160k reblogs. Now we're up!

I'm reblogging, but I can't wait for this to be over. I'm not sure why this poll in particular seems to be bringing out the uglier/more annoying side of the fandom than other polls.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm reblogging, but I can't wait for this to be over. I'm not sure why this poll in particular seems to be bringing out the uglier/more annoying side of the fandom than other polls.

If I had to guess its because it involves TVD. Six seasons in there is no chill. If it was straight up Bamon v Olicity, I don't think it would be near as ugly. But its like all TVD ships started getting involved and then suddenly its about crowning the next Power Couple of the CW, which lead to other ships on the CW getting involved which encourages anti-voting ( i.e. finding WestAllen fans that hate Felicity or getting Delena shippers who hate Bamon). Then it just turns into a big, trash talking mob mentality. 

It makes all the fandoms so unattractive.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

Just a gentle reminder:

This thread is part of the Arrow forum. We don't really have an issue with your comparing this show to another, but if the bulk of your post is your praising or condemning another show, please move the discussion to the appropriate forum on this site.

Thank you.

• Love 4

If I had to guess its because it involves TVD. Six seasons in there is no chill. If it was straight up Bamon v Olicity, I don't think it would be near as ugly. But its like all TVD ships started getting involved and then suddenly its about crowning the next Power Couple of the CW, which lead to other ships on the CW getting involved which encourages anti-voting ( i.e. finding WestAllen fans that hate Felicity or getting Delena shippers who hate Bamon). Then it just turns into a big, trash talking mob mentality. 

It makes all the fantoms so unattractive.

It's a one time thing, you get nominated once and only have one chance, it's never happening again.

If it was Olicity vs Bamon only, there wouldn't be all this stress going on simple because Olicity fandom has the numbers (as in people) and Bamon doesn't.

It's a shame that Olicity haters inside the Arrow fandom aren't using their time to vote on the other MTV poll, the best fandom one, it would be so much more productive and something positive for the show and themselves, all that bitterness can't be good for your health.

I forgot, Eonline/Best Ever TV Awards polls closed yesterday Arrow/Olicity won in:

TV's Best Couple

Sexiest Moment Of The Year

I hate captchas ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

Gotta say I think it is impressive that Oliver/Felicity beat out Jamie/Claire in the EOnline Best Couple & Steamiest Moment. Outlander & its fandom seemed to scoop up so many other awards in this competition. That's some pretty good voting by the Arrow fanbase to beat out them in categories that are probably sacred to the Outlander fanbase & can be far steamier on cable.

And congrats to Ras & Oliver winning Best Shocker for the winter finale! It was shocking that they actually did "kill" OQ, shame they cashed in their chips too soon to get a decent amount of payoff from that by having him come back the next episode. But I do remember being truly shocked after the winter finale that they went through with it.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have to say as disturbing as this MTV poll is, its also rather amusing. People are just screaming at each other. Having total meltdowns.

Maybe I am just stupid, but I honestly don't understand why one fandom gets all their reblogs in one part of the day and the other during another. People keep saying that's when tumblr resets, but then shouldn't they both jump at the same time? Is it a North American v European thing? I really don't it. Tumblr people?

Olicity may have the edge as long as they can keep trading the lead with Bamon, the time the poll is set to close is during their reblogs.

Edited by 10Eleven12

What is going on there anyway? I don't have Tumblr so I haven't been following. I know that Olicity is against Bamon, but I didn't realize Bamon was that popular. Or are people just voting for Bamon as a vote against Olicity?

Bamon really isn't that popular. They have so many other fanbases working with them. Like WestAllen, Lauliver fans, and others. Like Klaorline or however you spell it.

Plus I'm sure they started the cheating thing first because of how fast the voting count was going up.

So Olicity fans started doing the same. But we never recruited anyone. Delena fans just started voting themselves because they don't want Bacon (what I call them) to win. LOL