Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever playing Gabrielle: write real small on the scroll, "The villains all suddenly and unambiguously reveal themselves."

None of those three clues jumped out at me, though I agree it seems like a lot of fives. Will take a look again later....

• Love 1

Sure is a lot of 5's.  Could point to someone with a five-letter username like myself, Lisin, or Jesse.

Except not me, because I'm a Hero. 

And BizBuzz is listed 5th.  However I suck at clues so it probably isn't right.  

Drogo, you do keep insisting you're a hero.

• Love 2

AH HA!!!

So ... because we are dealing with so much mythology ... we cannot reasonably assume those that have God or Goddess names are automatically suspect, however, damn if I didn't see a clue that I have been trying to nail this particular player with for some time.  ::giggle::

There is a old Greek tail of the Trojan Horse and how it was an offering dedicated to the Goddess Athena.  What was the Trojan Horse made of?  Wood.  And where do we get wood?  From trees.  And look ...

He lost his grip on the cart and they both fell to the ground in a tangled heap. They watched as the cart floated off above the trees almost out of sight.

Within minutes, Xena walked out, laden with fish, from some nearby trees.

Gosh ... I almost sound like I am from Monty Python and the Holy Grail ... 

Ok, so it's a stretch ... but still ... 

• Love 2

Just a side note - over the weekend, I changed my handle here on the site, for completely non-Mafia reasons. In fact, I will continue to accept that any clues that relate to Keebler elves and/or Stacy Kiebler do in fact point directly at me.

Carry on. I'm still reading. ;)

• Love 6

AH HA!!!

So ... because we are dealing with so much mythology ... we cannot reasonably assume those that have God or Goddess names are automatically suspect, however, damn if I didn't see a clue that I have been trying to nail this particular player with for some time.  ::giggle::

There is a old Greek tail of the Trojan Horse and how it was an offering dedicated to the Goddess Athena.  What was the Trojan Horse made of?  Wood.  And where do we get wood?  From trees.  And look ...

So you're associating me with wood? Isn't that what happened to Spruce before?

I am a hero, but I am not on the list of characters we made earlier. I didn't know if it was part of the rules if I could list my hero name in there?

Xena is learning well with her companion. I'm so proud of her.

• Love 3

AH HA!!!

I was wondering when you were going to spit out your latest theory. If you're busy looking at wood and trees, I'd think the clues were leading us to Spruce, rather than Athena.

Just a side note - over the weekend, I changed my handle here on the site, for completely non-Mafia reasons. In fact, I will continue to accept that any clues that relate to Keebler elves and/or Stacy Kiebler do in fact point directly at me.

Carry on. I'm still reading. ;)

I thought that was you. I like the new name. :)

Did anyone read the story and figure out who did not die in the night?

Other than nobody?

• Love 3

Sure didn't.

Only person whose life seemed threatened was Gabrielle, but she seemed like she handled herself okay. Unless it was some kind of Xena protection thing, what with her name driving them off, but that feels like a stretch....

• Love 3

Yes. Did anyone read the story and figure out what any of the night actions might have been?

I was thinking there might be something in Xena being swapped out for Joxer and also Gabrielle summoning Autolycus. 

It seems like Gabrielle and Xena and Autolycus have just been teamed in the story. 

Joxer - is he a good guy or bad guy?

• Love 3

One could vaguely make the case that Gabrielle was close to being beset upon before banishing the birrans by braying the name of her brawny best buddy

He is a bit of a goofball and he talks too much, but he is good, and in fact mostly harmless.

• Love 3
“What’s it got to do with you?” he asked crabbily.

All I've got at this point is this - it could point to @aquarian1, since 'aquarius' is the water bearer, and related to 'aquarium,' where a crab could theoretically live - but then, Cancer is 'The Crab' so THAT doesn't fit.

I'll read it again...

• Love 3

Joxer is a good guy. I would even venture to say that Joxer was the moral center of the show.

Gabrielle should be of course and was most prominently, but she became too self-righteous and annoying at times. I say this as myself. My character is too good to be judgy.

• Love 2

“In the meantime, we’re having fish for supper” she added, as she held up her catch. Joxer grinned but Minya looked crestfallen, “I was really hoping for some roast grouse”.

I didn't like the word grouse. So I looked it up, went to wikipedia, scanned the article, got to the various species of Grouses, and found a co-inkydink. This is not an indictment just passing along what I saw.

Yeah...hmm. I did a little googling and didn't find any relevant hits for "xena grouse" and such things, so it doesn't seem like a show reference, and it does feel like a somewhat strange choice.
  • Love 3

Yes it is unusual because grouse aren't particularly native to that part of the world and rare indeed.

They are game birds known for their elaborate plumage. Often favoured for use by haberdashers.

• Love 2

It's not completely outlandish that Gabrielle might like her grouses (grouse? greese? grice?) roasted, they are food that you would hunt and eat in a possible camp-type setting

Not that this probably matters, but I think it was Minya who wanted grouse, not Gabrielle.

Yes it is unusual because grouse aren't particularly native to that part of the world and rare indeed.

They are, though, not that uncommon as a game bird in especially northern parts of our illustrious moderator's native UK.

I dunno, it seems possible, but definitely not a sure thing.

• Love 4

Grouse didn't stand out to me as odd, but I'm not saying that means it isn't a clue. Just that for whatever reason that wasn't the thing that "pinged" my radar. 

What pinged for me was "I'm the freakin goddess of love" not because it was bolded, but just because freakin struck me as out of... character(?) for the show? Also I didn't watch the show religiously so I could be wrong. Also also, I have no idea where that would point. Still looking. 

• Love 3

The odd thing for me is that this Minya person just got there and she's bitchin' about her free dinner.  Eat the fish and be a good guest.  Maybe it is a clue. 

I'm worried that the clue is for someone other than the person you think. 

• Love 2

I really don't have it out for @aquarian1, but can the watchers of the show tell us if fish were eaten regularly? Because again, could be a link to her name.

Which I didn't even see until @Drogo posted this...

Gosh darned it! I am a hero. Guess this means I'm going to have to up my clue finding game. Or at least try. I'll need to re-read/read more thoroughly.
  • Love 2
Xena was fishing at the start of the story. Could be a thing, but it seems more natural a part of the story than grouse to me.

there were several episodes that showed them fishing. I think Xena fishes with her hands

• Love 2

I don't know if there's much of a clue in the fish. From what I recall of the episode that this story was loosely based on, Xena was gone fishing, so it makes sense that she'd bring a bunch back with her.

(By the way, just 'cause they mention something made of wood doesn't mean it's a clue pointing towards me. The show's set in Ancient Greece. Pretty much everything was made of wood.)

• Love 3

What pinged for me was "I'm the freakin goddess of love" not because it was bolded, but just because freakin struck me as out of... character(?) for the show? Also I didn't watch the show religiously so I could be wrong. Also also, I have no idea where that would point. Still looking. 

And what is another word for 'freakin' how about CRAZED

• Love 3

HM that would be amazing. I've tried to pay attention all day but I've been dealing with stupid computer issues (what's the point of having an external hard drive if you can't use it to transfer your data to a new computer!). Neither grouse nor fish stuck out to me when I was reading the story. The numbers did, but I unfortunately haven't had the chance to really think about what they might mean. Maybe tomorrow my new computer might be functioning and I can focus on more important things like mafia

• Love 2

So what do we have...

Numbers- fifth, sixth, five, five, ten, one

something to do with wood or trees relating to Spruce and I don't know why but also Athena.

people not liking grouse - but grouse is just another word for bitching

'Freakin' goddess of love - is anachronistic - freakin= crazed 

There are 3 clues in the story - surely one of those applies, maybe two. 

We can not go another day without a DL

1 to DL Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky) (a number I don't know right now maybe 8) to know a hero doesn't hide their voting history

• Love 2

1 to DL Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky) (a number I don't know right now maybe 8) to know a hero doesn't hide their voting history

I can get on board with this, to get some movement, and it seems the most logical of all the potential clues.

2 to DL Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse), 8 to write some wrongs.

• Love 3

While I'm not 100% sold on this line of reasoning, I've got no better ideas myself.  There's one person I'm pretty sure of, but they aren't coniferous.

5 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Drogo, MarkHB, SVNBob), 5 to take us back down this forest path.

• Love 2

Wait ...

First ... I think the count is wrong.

Second ... Wow, what do we have against TCS? The wood thing? I actually pointed to Athena and she mentioned TCS. That gives me pause.

Third ... Not voting until I hear from TCS.

• Love 1