Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will sing this now, because if I sing it later it may appear that I am Joxer when I am not, but I love this song. And I may have had a little crush on Renee O'Connor.

Joxer the Mighty
roams through the countryside,
he never needs a place to hide.
With Gabby as his sidekick,
fighting with her little stick.
Righting wrongs and singing songs.
Being mighty all day long.
He's Joxer! He's Joxer the Mighty!
Oh, he's Joxer the Mighty,

he's really tidy.
Everybody likes him
'cause he has a funny grin.
Joxer! He's Joxer the Mighty!

f you're in jeopardy,
don't call the cavalry.
There's a better remedy.
Although he doesn't work for free!

He's every man's trustee.
He's every woman's fantasy.
Plus, he's good with company.
It's Joxer,
I’m Joxer the Mighty!

• Love 4

I've never watched the show, but my cousin's boyfriend's sister is named Xena, so that's good enough, right?

• Drogo
  • Aquarian1
  • Machiabelly
  • Lisin
  • BizBuzz
  • Athena
  • Jesse
  • The Hanged Man
  • MarkHB
  • Oinky Boinky
  • caprice
  • SVNBob
  • TJtrack99
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • egavasc
  • Lady Calypso
  • stacey
  • yeswedo
  • Dougal
  • Love 7

Mod Note:

Hi all,

Sign Ups are now officially closed. We're bringing the PM's forward, so expect to receive your PM sometime today. Please check in here to confirm receipt. The story will still be posted on Monday but now you will have the whole weekend to digest and ask any questions, and also to reply in here.

Thanks!

Have fun!

• Love 2

PM received and I'm now following this thread. 

Storm watch in MA: after days of speculation it seems pretty certain we're only getting a few inches - to the relief of many who feared they would be too tired from shoveling to watch the Pats on Sunday.

• Love 3

I'm in! But I'll be drinking Guinness, in preparation for my trip to Ireland next month. Sláinte!

Hmm, Guinness won't go too well with our Argentina Night. ;) Where are you going in Ireland and how long will you be there?

• Love 2

PM received and I'm now following this thread. 

Can I ask about following threads. I have set threads to follow before and found nothing happened. Am I supposed to get notified of postings or how is it supposed to work?

On my phone getting to the last post is a little tedious usually to find there are no updates. 

Machiabelly - do you play golf in PEI? I am going there to play for the first time next June. 

• Love 1

Machiabelly - do you play golf in PEI? I am going there to play for the first time next June. 

You know, I lived in Canada for ten years and I never made it to PEI, no matter that I really, really wanted to.

• Love 2

Day 1

ORIGINS: The Power, The Passion, The Danger

The Early Years

“We must stand and fight!” the young girl declared passionately. The villagers were unconvinced and afraid. The warlord Cortese had a fearsome reputation and was known to be bloodthirsty. “If we run, we will never be left in peace, do you really want to live out your lives in fear?!” the young girl continued. “Today is our chance to say no. To send the message that Amphipolis will not allow outsiders to rule us, to take our freedom and treat us like chattel. Today we show them we have the courage to fight for what is right!!” Her rousing words rallied the young men of the village including her own brother Lyceus and they raised their swords as one and shouted their agreement.
The battle was hard pressed but the brave Amphipolians managed to fend off the attackers despite losing more than a few of their young men. Sadly Lyceus fell in battle which caused his mother untold grief. She looked at her daughter as anger flashed in her eyes, “You caused this! Are you happy now, you got your brother killed” she raged. Grabbing her daughter’s chin she demanded, “Look at him, look! And remember what war does, it brings only death”. The girl, saddened at the loss of her beloved brother and bereft by the anger of her mother could only mumble, “I’m sorry”.
“And what good are your ‘sorry’s’ now?!” her mother ranted. “Get out of my sight, I cannot bear to look at you one moment longer, leave and don’t come back.”

As she left her village she looked back one last time at the only place she had ever called home. “At least it’s safe now” Xena thought sadly, before clicking her heels into the horse’s sides and galloping into the night.

She spent the next few years honing her sword fighting skills and pirating up and down rivers and coastlines. The biggest prize fell into her lap with the capture of Julius Caesar, a young roman general.
“No doubt Rome will pay handsomely for the safe return of a favoured son” she smirked.
“Indeed and you will come to rue the day you released me” he simply replied as he levelled her with a steely gaze.
“Rue the day… those are big words for a man in chains, especially one who got himself captured by a girl. No, I believe you will escape with your tail between your legs and run back to the safety of Rome” she mocked him.
However, once freed, Caesar did not return to Rome, vengeance was in his blood and he wouldn’t allow it to go unsated. Instead he took charge of the ship that had arrived to pay his ransom and used it to follow in Xena’s wake. Once close enough, he ordered his soldiers to board Xena’s vessel; they attacked and defeated her crew, then took her prisoner, now the tables had turned…
“I warned you that releasing me wasn’t a good idea” he grinned.
“Well, it seems you have more courage than I realised, something I wouldn’t have believed unless I had seen it with my own eyes” she taunted.
He backhanded her across the face, leaving her with a bloodied lip. Then ordered, “Throw her in the brig until we reach land.”
At that moment, another prisoner was abruptly bundled onto the ship’s deck. Although slight of stature, the captive slave girl caused an uproar that demanded the attention of all those present. Somehow she had managed to slip her bonds and with nothing but her bare hands fought for her freedom. Xena watched, fascinated, as the girl disabled and killed several soldiers using curious techniques she’d never before seen. Ultimately, the girl was overwhelmed and Caesar ordered her thrown in the brig.
“And just exactly, supposing she escapes again, what then?” asked a nervous looking soldier.
“Are you some sort of fool? SHACKLE HER!” Caesar snapped back.
That night in the brig, Xena learned the girl’s name was Mi’lia, “Those techniques you used on deck, what was that?” she enquired.
“They’re called pressure points” Mi’lia informed her.
“They’re amazing, can you teach me?” Xena asked, impressed.
Without a word Mi’lia’s hand shot out, fast as lighting, and hit Xena in the neck causing instant paralysis. A few seconds later Mi’lia hit another point on her neck which returned her mobility.
“I must learn how to do that” Xena implored.
She spent the rest of the night learning all she could from Mi’lia, most notably, ‘The Pinch’.

The following day the prisoners were rowed ashore.
“Crucify them both but break her legs” Caesar ordered indicating Xena, before he headed back to the ship with an air of bored disdain. Xena was the first to be crucified. Mi’lia watched in horror as Xena, tied helplessly to the cross, had her legs broken. Next was Mi’lia’s turn; but the moment her chains were unfastened she immediately struck both of the hapless soldiers, paralysing them… they would have no release.  She managed to free Xena from the cross and used nearby fallen branches to fashion makeshift splints for her ruined legs.
“I owe you my life” Xena told her gratefully as she struggled to stand. Before Mi’lia could reply, two more romans appeared and upon seeing their dead brethren and both prisoners free, promptly attacked. Mi’lia deftly swept inside the sword reach of the first and killed him; however the second was advancing on Xena and Mi’lia knew she wouldn’t reach her in time. She sprinted across the sand yelling at Xena to use what she had taught her. This caused the roman to turn his head toward Mi’lia just as she came within reach and he thrust his sword through her heart. Xena screamed “Nooooooo!” and hit him in the neck, praying that she had used the technique correctly in her panic…the soldier’s eyes bulged as his paralysed body fell to the ground. Xena took delight in watching his slow, painful death.
As she cradled the limp body of her friend, the girl who had saved her life, a cold, dark rage filled her heart, “A new Xena is born this day, one who has but a single purpose in life…DEATH” she vowed.

The Warrior Princess Is Born

Xena travelled to many places bringing terror, death and destruction with her. She’d also experienced betrayal and compassion, she’d found and learned from mystics and healers, some had shown her the darkness, while others offered the light, including one who gave her the Warrior Princess epithet and had healed her shattered legs; a debt that would one day need to be repaid.

Her first encounter with Ares, God of War, resulted in him gifting her with the Chakram & Legendary Sword. He became her mentor and with his encouragement, she formed another army and razed the village of Cirra to the ground. Only a young girl named Callisto survived; she was traumatised after seeing her parents burned alive and would never be able to shake it off. 
Ares appeared before her one evening in her tent:
“I have an important task that requires someone with your unique set of skills” Ares told her as he sidled up behind her, nuzzling her neck.
“And what might that be?” Xena enquired, curious.
“I want you to kill my half-breed brother, Hercules” he smiled wickedly.
“That won’t be a problem but what’s in it for me?” Xena coolly asked.
“My eternal gratitude. If you do this for me, I’ll make you my Queen and you’ll have a place of honour at my side” he enticed.

Despite her best efforts Xena was unable to best the half-god. After her defeat, Hercules showed her compassion, which sowed a seed of kindness in her.
Her second-in-command, Darphus sensed this change in her and convinced her army to overthrow her. They forced her to run The Gauntlet, a savage and brutal form of exile.
She wanted revenge for such a betrayal and was convinced by Hercules to stop her former army from killing any more innocents. They joined forces and defeated Darphus along with her mutinous officers, causing the rest of the army to fragment and disperse.
Doing the right thing felt good, yet alien, to her after so many years of allowing her own selfish desires to rule her actions. She felt unworthy of travelling with a hero like Hercules.
“I have done terrible things. I've killed so many men, that I'll never wash their blood from my hands” she explained as they talked that evening.
“You've already started. You saved that baby” he told her.
“But when you help people, you honor the wife and children that Hera stole from you. There is nothing in my whole life that moves me that way” she bemoaned.
“You're wrong. There's goodness in your heart” Hercules reassured her.
“You really believe that?” Xena asked sincerely.
“I wouldn't say it if I didn't” he smiled
They travelled together for a time; Hercules led by example as he showed her what it meant to be a hero.

Redemption Road

Hercules’ good influence caused Xena to decide to give up the warrior life; her first act was to bury her weapons & armour. But The Fates intervened; she came upon a group of slave traders who had raided a nearby village and stolen the young girls to sell as slaves. A feisty blonde named Gabrielle caught her attention.

Knowing she couldn’t allow this, Xena overthrew the slavers and rescued the kidnapped girls, including Gabrielle.

The Fates had decided Xena’s destiny; she would always be a warrior, but now on the side of good.
This was the beginning of a lifelong friendship on her journey for redemption.

There are 2 clues in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight, (which will last 12 hours), begins unless a lynch is completed beforehand.

10 votes are required to complete a lynch.

Living players: Still in the hands of The Fates

• Drogo
• aquarian1
• Machiabelly
• Lisin
• BizBuzz
• Athena
• jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• Oinky Boinky
• caprice
• SVNBob
• TJtrack99
• The Crazed Spruce
• egavasc
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

Dead players: Gone to The Underworld

• Love 2

I've killed so many men, that I'll never wash their blood from my hands” she explained as they talked that evening.

"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand?"

-MacBeth

MachiaBelly

No idea, really.  I'm not the best at finding clues unless they're actually for Heroes.

• Love 2

No idea, really.  I'm not the best at finding clues unless they're actually for Heroes.

HAHAHAHAHA

This caught my eye:

she’d found and learned from mystics and healers

I am not one to make ANY accusations on the first day ... I know some are anxious to get the game afoot from the very first day, but not me ... so instead, I am going to sit on this clue and see if someone speaks up ... 

For the record ... I am a hero.  There will be some nay-sayers appearing to point their finger at me, but I wanted to get that out and in the open before that happens.  Onward!

• Love 1

Drogo, if you're thinking we can find something in Macbeth, I believe it was LADY Macbeth who was having trouble cleaning blood from her hands. It's been a while since I've read it, of course, and we could both be completely wrong.

I'm going to read this again with a notepad by my side.

• Love 2