Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, yay. I definitely think this is cause for celebration. But I'm going to stick to a milkshake. Because milkshakes are yummy. 

Please report if you see an increase in the number of boys in your yard.

Obvious joke is obvious.

• Love 8

The 24 hr deadline for submitting Night actions has now passed. Night will continue until the Day story is posted. Continue drinking, bottoms up!

We are shooting for a Day 4 story to be posted on Monday.

I like the Valentine traditions of some Asian countries (Japan and South Korea in particular).

On February 14th, women give gifts of chocolate to men.  The men then respond to in kind on March 14, called White Day, typically with white chocolate.

In recent years, April 14th has become known as Black Day in Korea.  It's an unofficial holiday for single people that didn't get gifts on either February or March 14th; so its the equivalent of Singles Awareness Day.  People will dress in black and eat black bean noodles, while commiserating their lack of a relationship.

• Love 5

Day 4

Reunion

Xena, Joxer and Minya arrived back at their camp just as the sun began its slow descent into the horizon. Gabrielle had been anxiously awaiting their return; seated with her were Eli and Eve.
“What a pleasant surprise, I didn’t expect to see you two here so soon!” Xena greeted them warmly.
“Mother” Eve simply said and they embraced tightly.
“Eve, it’s so good to see you” Xena replied, squeezing her daughter lovingly.
“We were already on our way to find you when Gabrielle’s messenger caught up with us” Eli imparted.
“Talk about a stroke of luck. How did it go, did you find Callisto’s camp” Gabrielle asked.
“Yes and we found Alti too” Xena replied.
“Alti! What happened?” Gabrielle said with a concerned look.
“She’s dead, for real this time. And look what I retrieved from her…” Xena smiled and revealed the Amazon relic.
Gabrielle took it from Xena’s hands, “Finally, something good happens. Ephany will be very happy about this!” she enthused.
Xena looked at Eli and asked, “So why were you looking for me?”
“I bring a message from an old friend” he explained as he handed her a scroll.
Xena broke the wax seal and began to read:
“Xena,
I’m sending you this message with the utmost urgency. You must beware, for The Green Dragon is awake and headed in your direction. I am making arrangements to join you, but I wanted to make you aware of this without delay. Please be careful.
Lao Ma”

She handed the parchment to Gabrielle, who took it and began to read it aloud, as Xena asked Eli, “When did you meet Lao Ma and how long ago did she give you this message?”
“We met her during our travels in Chin. She is a very wise and noble woman. She handed us this message and bid us to find you with all haste approximately six weeks ago” Eli told her.
Minya, who had been busying herself with food preparations as she listened to the conversation, announced, “Who wants to eat? Because I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving!”
The group settled down and ate a tasty meal of roast grouse and rabbit as they recounted recent events to the new duo. They listened to Eli’s stories of his and Eve’s journey to spread The Way of Love everywhere they went. Later, as Joxer and Minya both slept, each softly snoring, Gabrielle asked the question she’d held in all evening, “Xena who is Lao Ma and who or what is The Green Dragon?”
Xena looked into the campfire flames and silently remembered before she spoke, “It’s a long story. It was just after Caesar had my legs broken. With shattered legs and a crippled soul I wanted to travel east to lose myself in vengeance, not merely against Caesar but the entire human race…”

[Flashback] Chin 15 BC
“Chin is rich and ripe for the plucking Borias, if we go there we can make a fortune!” Xena greedily voiced.
Borias considered her words then said, “Okay Xena, we will do as you suggest but I am in charge make no mistake” he warned her sternly.
She was of a mind to argue but knew her hobbled legs prevented her from physically besting Borias, plus having aligned with him she needed his army, so she agreed through clenched teeth, “Fine have it your way Borias” she muttered.

Arriving in Chin, Borias’ planned alliance with ruler Ming Tzu went awry when Xena voiced her unwanted opinion during negotiations.
“I warned you not to interfere but you just couldn’t hold that tongue of yours could you” Borias spat at her.
“Well you were letting him push you around, so someone had to do something. I’m telling you Borias the only way to deal with these scum is through terror” Xena retorted coldly.
“If we kill them all, who is left to be terrified? Now we’ll have to travel to the Lao Province and try to make an alliance with them instead” Borias told her through gritted teeth.
“We should be looking to conquer these people not ally with them” she hissed.
“Either you do this my way or you can leave” he replied icily.

They arrived at the palace of Ming Tzu’s neighbouring rival Lao Ma; however, Xena thought her too civil, if she was to be forced into an alliance, which she did not want, it should at least be with someone like herself; ruthless and amoral.
Irritated by these unsuitable alliances, she paced back and forth grimacing during the delicate negotiations, unable to conceal her disapproval and distaste, causing Borias’ plan to fail once again.
“It’s over Xena, you have until sunrise to get out of this camp. After that I’ll kill you on sight” Borias left her in no doubt that he was sincere.
As she rode out of camp she was defiant, “I’ll show you how to deal with these scum” she muttered, for she had formed a dark plan.
Kidnapping the boy Ming T’ien, the 7-year-old son of Ming Tzu, she rode back into Borias’ camp as proof of her bloody-minded ruthlessness. However, far from being impressed, he was annoyed that not only had Xena purposely derailed his plans, she had now caused him to become embroiled in a kidnapping plot that he knew would likely mean their deaths. To save his own skin he betrayed her to Ming Tzu, who captured and imprisoned her, while Borias profited from the ransom.
Lao Ma, upon discovering what had befallen Xena, and being aware of Ming Tzu’s vicious nature, took pity on her and discreetly rescued Xena from his clutches.
“Why are you helping me?” Xena asked her, confused.
“Because I have been blessed, or cursed, with the ability to see into the souls of others. You don’t know it yet Xena, but you’re a remarkable woman capable of greatness.”
She healed Xena’s shattered legs and strived to teach her The Power of Light through suppression of will and desire.
“The entire world is driven by a will - blind and ruthless. In order to transcend the limitations of that world, you need to stop willing - stop desiring - stop hating” Lao Ma explained.
But Xena was unsure whether she was ready or capable of making such a commitment.
Noting her hesitation Lao Ma continued, “If you can do this Xena, I want you to help me run the kingdom of Lao. You'll be my Warrior Princess” she offered her.
But it wasn’t to be, Xena’s savage nature returned when she came face to face with Ming Tzu, she was unable to suppress her will, her desire and most of all her hatred for the man who had imprisoned and tortured her. With a dark malevolence that possessed her soul, she stabbed him and in her rage attempted to kill the boy too, however, Lao Ma protected him using her own formidable abilities, leaving a bloodied and beaten Xena to lick her wounds. After this Xena fled Chin, later returning to Greece.
[Flashback ends]

A Fortunate Turn Of Events

After breaking their fast the next morning with bread and cheese, Gabrielle declared, “We’re getting low on a few things. Maybe I ought to head back into town for more supplies”
“I need you here. Let Joxer go, just make sure to give him a list or who knows what he’ll come back with” Xena told her.
“Sure, I’ll go” Joxer said happily.
Gabrielle wrote down what was needed and handed it to Joxer, who read it aloud, “A wooden spoon, 2 bowls, jerky, elderberries, sea salt, eggs, bread, butter and cheese…”
“Read it when you get there Joxer” Gabrielle advised impatiently.
“If you’re going to that town we passed through yesterday, please allow me to join you. I never like to miss an opportunity to spread The Way of Love. Plus there may be some poor souls who I can help with my healing skills” Eli said kindly.
“I’ll accompany you both” Eve stated.
“The more the merrier” Joxer smiled.

The swelling crowd listened as Eli taught them about The Way of Love. Eve, as his messenger, was at his side. Behind them stood Joxer, who felt rather important as he grinned proudly.
Towards the back of the gathering, a pair of dark eyes watched the trio with interest. The Green Dragon knew of Eli and his pitiful teachings. The spies he’d had watching Lao Ma had given him all the information he required, and any friend of Lao Ma was surely an enemy of his.
Joxer felt his stomach rumble, ‘That salt pork stall we passed smelled so good’ he thought to himself as his hunger grew. ‘No-one will notice if I slip away for ten minutes’ he reasoned.
He took a few steps back, turned and melted into the throng. His every move was watched, until he made the unwitting error of coming within reach of The Green Dragon. He felt himself grabbed and the chill of cold metal at this throat, before he knew what had happened.
Drawing the attention of all, a voice boomed out, “Eli! Your Way of Love is false! I will prove it right here and now and reveal what a fraud you are! I heard you were this great healer, so let’s see your so-called Way of Love heal this!!” The Green Dragon sneered fiendishly as he sliced Joxer’s throat open. He dropped him to the ground as the crowd gasped in shock, then left with his guards following behind.
Eve screamed in horror. The crowd parted for him as Eli sprinted over to where Joxer lay then fell to his knees. He placed both hands over Joxer’s bloody, gaping wound and closed his eyes in silent prayer. Joxer, unable to speak, looked up at Eli with panic and confusion in his eyes, before he passed out. The crowd looked on in wonder as a faint glow began to emanate from Eli’s hands, which grew brighter as it spread to encompass his entire being. Joxer’s wound was closing and after a few minutes Eli eventually removed his hands, which revealed nothing more than a slight scar upon Joxer’s skin. The crowd began to cheer as Joxer opened his eyes.

There are 2 clues in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a lynch is completed beforehand.

8 votes are required to complete a lynch.

Living players: Still in the hands of The Fates

• Drogo
• aquarian1
• Machiabelly
• Lisin
• Athena
• Jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• caprice
• TJtrack99
• egavasc
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

Dead players: Gone to The Underworld

• Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves
You are Autolycus the self-proclaimed "King of Thieves".  A master thief, a skilled fighter and a great escape artist, capable of escaping 200 chain locks in less than a night. You are often described as having 'a heart of gold'. You are good friends with Xena and Gabrielle, often accompanying them in their travels and aiding them in their endeavours, although they don't always fully trust you because of your devious nature.

• BizBuzz - Argo – Loyal Warhorse and Trusted Steed
You are Argo,  Xena’s palamino horse, a trusted steed of many years. You are extremely well trained and intelligent, always responding to Xena's whistled commands and clearly understanding everything she asks of you. You can sense danger, use martial arts, and issue instructions to other horses. You rarely allow anyone else to mount and ride on your strong back; this includes Gabrielle 99% of the time.

• SVNBob - Ares - God of War
You are Ares god of war. You are a fickle god and can be easily swayed from bad to good and back again. You are disliked by most of the Olympian gods. Despite the malevolent front you display, you can be surprisingly sympathetic and caring at times when it suits you. You have a love-hate relationship with Xena; your unrequited love for her is the driving force between you both. Since her redemption Xena's love for you is platonic at best which makes you crazy at times.

• The Crazed Spruce - Alti  - A Powerful Shamaness
You are Alti, an ex-amazon turned powerful but vindictive, shamaness and enemy of Xena. You’re able to use visions of past and present lives to inflict pain on your victims. You often kill people using this technique; by making them experience their pre-determined deaths well before they should have happened.

• Love 3

Ooh, nice job with the healing, Eli!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I just meant the connection was Scottish. A Scottish name and the Scottish play. I did say it was more out there.

You were clear, Machia. :) I think you were right when you said it was more out there. Part of it could be just me thinking, "Well, if I was designing a clue..." which means that I could be completely wrong. Anyway, if we are looking at Macbeth as a possible thing, I'd be more likely to tie it to Lady Calypso than to Dougal.

Overall, I like the list...

... Except for me, of course.  I am a hero.  I might be a little annoying to some (at least I was to me), but I am a hero none-the-less.

I don't know how "crabbiy" and "fish" are me, for one.  Aquarius is the water bearer, it has nothing to do with fishing or the ocean. Cancer is the crab.

I'm also not sure how running with the grouse clue makes me suspicious when others using it did not make them suspicious.  I didn't even know who wore a fur hat. I was just riffing on the clue.

And now I'm scared to brainstorm other ideas for fear it will make me more suspicious.  

I am looking forward to the night story.  Like I said, I feel good about the DL.  It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

I completely understand, and I hope that the rest of us won't be thinking this way. We should feel free to brainstorm ideas without it causing fingers to point right away. I will freely admit that I need the give and take of brainstorming to make sense of the stories and clues.

Speaking of brainstorming, do we have a current (and potential) character list? Mine looks like:

Xena (duh)

Gabrielle

Joxer

Aprodite

Meg

Ephany

Eve

Eli

Callisto

Minya

Lao Ma

The Green Dragon

• Love 3

I got nothing in the way of clues, but clearly someone was upset about that "People To Kill" list I posted yesterDay. 

Let's get moving folks, time's a tickin' and you know who my suspects are.

• Love 3

I also tried to look up something for elderberries, but came up empty.

I mean, salt was mentioned a couple of times in the story, so I decided to try to look up anything with salt, besides the sea. Nothing that is of use so far, except I did learn that the word salary comes from the word salt because the Romans used to be paid in salt. So...

Also, since I have a week off, I actually have the time right now to read up and hopefully take my name off of Drogo's suspicious list. I trust you, Drogo, and I hope you can trust me too.

• Love 3

I finally read the story.  I'm so happy Joxer lived.  He may have been comic relief but I always liked him.

OK, I'll take a stab at clues again.  First, the ingredient list.

elderberry stands out to me, in that list, but I can't come up with anything.  Is anyone's name considered or derived from an elder? 

2 bowls also stood out to me, but I really can't come up with anything there.  Except maybe the number 2 - so 2 words for a name like Lady Calypso or Hanged Man?  or stacey is know by 2 names now - stacey and saoirse?

Other things that stood out to me:
"approximately six weeks ago "- doesn't sound approximate and wasn't there a thing with numbers 3 and 6 before?  6 letter names - stacey, Athena, MarkHB, Dougal; listed 6th - Jesse.  Anything else work with these numbers?

"plucking Borias" - This seemed an odd phrase due to missing comma.  Same with all the ways they said he talked - e.g. "gritted teeth", "spat" - but I don't know what to make of that either.

"melted into the throng" - don't know why that stood out either, but it did, but just like the above I don't know what to do with it.

• Love 2

I mean, there's the word 'derailed' halfway through the story that might point to TJTrack99:

Kidnapping the boy Ming T’ien, the 7-year-old son of Ming Tzu, she rode back into Borias’ camp as proof of her bloody-minded ruthlessness. However, far from being impressed, he was annoyed that not only had Xena purposely derailed his plans, she had now caused him to become embroiled in a kidnapping plot that he knew would likely mean their deaths. To save his own skin he betrayed her to Ming Tzu, who captured and imprisoned her, while Borias profited from the ransom.

. But I honestly don't have anything concrete that I feel confident on. 

• Love 3

Elderberries -- that Monty Python quote about your father smelt of elderberries? The genus is sambucus, according to wikipedia, if that goes anywhere?

I just googled jerky, and there's a Lawless Jerky company, but that just brings me back to...Xena. Clean and jerk  like in weightlifting??

• Love 3

I had three players on my list who hadn't done much thusfar: TJTrack99, Lisin, and yeswedo.

Anyone see anything that might incriminate one of those 3?

Hey hey hey I'm a hero! I came up with the clue that ended up pointing to TCS remember? Also I'm terrible at clues and don't watch this show so I feel like I'm kinda useless a bit. 

Currently I'm less suspicious of people who haven't added much and more suspicious of people who have appeared to add stuff when they really haven't... if that makes sense. 

• Love 2

This kind of stood out to me, but I'm not sure why....

I agree and looked for something there as well

That shopping list stuck out for me also. I did some elderberry recon but came up empty.

Sea salt, the sea, aquarian1?

The thing that stands out to me is the specific mention of "sea salt." Back then, that was the most common source of salt in the area, as opposed to the trendy thing it is today (although, as an aside, it tastes SOOOO much better!). Why would "sea salt" be on the list instead of "salt?" It isn't like he'd have been able to pick up the same table salt we use now.

Anyway, yeah, I can see this leading us down an interesting path. Possibly even to aquarian1.

I mean, there's the word 'derailed' halfway through the story that might point to TJTrack99:

. But I honestly don't have anything concrete that I feel confident on. 

That makes sense to me.

• Love 2

This kind of stood out to me, but I'm not sure why....

I agree and looked for something there as well

That shopping list stuck out for me also. I did some elderberry recon but came up empty.

Sea salt, the sea, aquarian1?

I finally read the story.  I'm so happy Joxer lived.  He may have been comic relief but I always liked him.

OK, I'll take a stab at clues again.  First, the ingredient list.

elderberry stands out to me, in that list, but I can't come up with anything.  Is anyone's name considered or derived from an elder? 

2 bowls also stood out to me, but I really can't come up with anything there.  Except maybe the number 2 - so 2 words for a name like Lady Calypso or Hanged Man?  or stacey is know by 2 names now - stacey and saoirse?

Other things that stood out to me:

"approximately six weeks ago "- doesn't sound approximate and wasn't there a thing with numbers 3 and 6 before?  6 letter names - stacey, Athena, MarkHB, Dougal; listed 6th - Jesse.  Anything else work with these numbers?

"plucking Borias" - This seemed an odd phrase due to missing comma.  Same with all the ways they said he talked - e.g. "gritted teeth", "spat" - but I don't know what to make of that either.

"melted into the throng" - don't know why that stood out either, but it did, but just like the above I don't know what to do with it.

The thing that stands out to me is the specific mention of "sea salt." Back then, that was the most common source of salt in the area, as opposed to the trendy thing it is today (although, as an aside, it tastes SOOOO much better!). Why would "sea salt" be on the list instead of "salt?" It isn't like he'd have been able to pick up the same table salt we use now.

Anyway, yeah, I can see this leading us down an interesting path. Possibly even to aquarian1.

Okay, I noticed that aquarian1 didn't mount any defense to the idea of sea salt. I have to say, having so many water-images in the stories so far does seem suspect. And Drogo's rundown doesn't look very favorably on her.

aquarian1

•     Possible clue target of "crabbily" (D1) and "fishing" (D2)
  •     Spruce came in to defend her against the "fishing" clue when he was also under fire, and we all know what he turned out to be
  •     D2 during Spruce DL attempted to point finger toward egavasc by mentioning Siberian grouse and egavasc's fur hat avatar
  •     Rating:  Very suspicious

I'm a bit surprised at her lack of defense. Although maybe I shouldn't be, since she tries to deflect again by using other clues to try and point towards me, as well as others. I'm a Hero, through and through, and quite proud of that fact, if I do say so myself...

• Love 3

I already defended myself here. 

Overall, I like the list...

... Except for me, of course.  I am a hero.  I might be a little annoying to some (at least I was to me), but I am a hero none-the-less.

I don't know how "crabbiy" and "fish" are me, for one.  Aquarius is the water bearer, it has nothing to do with fishing or the ocean. Cancer is the crab.

I'm also not sure how running with the grouse clue makes me suspicious when others using it did not make them suspicious.  I didn't even know who wore a fur hat. I was just riffing on the clue.

And now I'm scared to brainstorm other ideas for fear it will make me more suspicious.  

I am looking forward to the night story.  Like I said, I feel good about the DL.  It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

And now for the 2nd time, my looking for clues makes people suspect me.  I have no idea why. Everyone else posts theories and they are apparently fine.  Guess, I'll stop. Being silent like I was the first few games seems to be the way to go here.

ETA: Aquarius is an air sign.  That said, Aquarius is often depicted as a young boy or woman carrying a jug or vase or cup of water.  Aquarius delivered water to the gods.  Again, it has nothing to do with the ocean.   I have no idea how the sea salt relates to any of that, or as stated earlier how crabs or fish do either.  No one responded or rebutted that the first time, but apparently it was missed? since I find I need to repeat myself here.

• Love 3

As far as The List- I put it all out there during Twilight because I thought I would be dead after I started a DL on Spruce, since that's how we lost Oinky. I didn't want to go out with my observations in my pocket.

It's probably pretty flawed since I don't technically "know" anything, but there's got to be at least some truth to it since I had a pretty rough Night. My singing voice may never be the same.

I'm down for a DL on aquarian1.

• Love 3

Way to go Eli with the clutch healing.

I agree that the shopping list seems a bit weird, but we just used a food-based clue that seems to be a legitimate clue (and payed off – we got that grouse (and rabbit) for dinner tonight), so I don't know if there'd be another one so soon? I dunno, maybe.

A1's defense about Aquarius seems reasonably legit, and though Spruce defending her is of course a bit suspect, it doesn't really seem like enough to go on unless we're out of other ideas.

I probably won't have time for an in-depth clue hunt before Night, but I'll let it rattle around.

• Love 3

I already defended myself here. 

And now for the 2nd time, my looking for clues makes people suspect me.  I have no idea why. Everyone else posts theories and they are apparently fine.  Guess, I'll stop. Being silent like I was the first few games seems to be the way to go here.

ETA: Aquarius is an air sign.  That said, Aquarius is often depicted as a young boy or woman carrying a jug or vase or cup of water.  Aquarius delivered water to the gods.  Again, it has nothing to do with the ocean.   I have no idea how the sea salt relates to any of that, or as stated earlier how crabs or fish do either.  No one responded or rebutted that the first time, but apparently it was missed? since I find I need to repeat myself here.

No, please, don't stop looking! I still believe that this should be brainstorming and we should all be participating in some manner.

I understand what you are saying about Aquarius being an air sign. I think what is getting others is the connection between aqua and water. We have aquamarine, aquarium, aquatics... it's easy to see where that can lead, right? Still, I am honestly trying to be open-minded about this all, especially since I'm not contributing much other than my efforts at spurring brainstorming.

• Love 4

I'm still trying to find clues against those 3 low-flyers.

You're wasting your time trying to find clues for me...as I've said, powerless Hero here. I think that's pretty credible, because if I had a larger role, I'd be much more active.

But I do have a snow day tomorrow (yay!), so I should have time to look into those clues.

• Love 3

I am totally on the Hero side and my lack of participation should be chalked up to being a clueless newbie who also is having a busy time at work right now. Based on the timing of Day I may not be able to get back on before it ends but will try. Apologies to my fellow heroes, I haven't found any clues in this story so far.

• Love 2

Currently I'm less suspicious of people who haven't added much and more suspicious of people who have appeared to add stuff when they really haven't... if that makes sense. 

I think I agree with this Lisin but I'm not sure- you 3 haven't exactly won trust with your absence.  Anyone in particular who's "added" stuff but not added

*Heroes - by my count we have until 5pm Eastern to get 8 votes against somebody.  I think we have a few potential DL's worth the calculated risk. 

• Love 2

OK I have read this for the fifth time and I don't see any clues. I am prepared to vote for a DL of Aquarian1 since I don't see anything better pointing to anybody else.

2 to DL aquarian1 (saoirse, HM), 6 to figure out what the hell you make with jerky, elderberries, sea salt, eggs, bread, butter and cheese

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2