Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

The 24 hr deadline for submitting Night actions has now passed. Night will continue until the Day story is posted. Continue drinking, bottoms up!

We are shooting for a Day 3 story to be posted on Monday.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone here a Dr. Who fan? I have a friend who has a 10 year old son who wants to start watching Dr Who and I kinda thought Dr Who was kind of adulty. Anyway friend asked for my thoughts but I do not watch Dr Who.

Is there a Dr Who forum on Previously?

Hey there is!

I will ask them.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 4

Is anyone here a Dr. Who fan? I have a friend who has a 10 year old son who wants to start watching Dr Who and I kinda thought Dr Who was kind of adulty. Anyway friend asked for my thoughts but I do not watch Dr Who.

Hey there is!

I will ask them.

There are some serious Doctor Who fans here in the Mafia topic, just FYI, @Hanged Man - you may see them respond over there!

• Love 2

Hey there is!

I will ask them.

You could also just ask me.

• Love 1

Hey there is!

I will ask them.

I've watched Doctor Who since I was a kid....(classic Who) and have watched New Who (2005 onwards), avidly and repeatedly. DW is a family show, some would even argue it's a kids show (it originally started out as one). 

• Love 1

You ask me, 10 years old is pretty much the perfect age to start watching Doctor Who. Sure, it can be a bit scary at times, but the show's all about using intellect and reasoning to defeat monsters and conquer fears, which is a great message for kids. Unless the kid's easily scared, or had been seriously sheltered for his life so far, I say go for it.

• Love 2

Fair point.

That said, what Silver and Spruce said is right.  Doctor Who is currently marketed as a family show in the UK, so it's for all ages.  Families watch together, with parents that watched the original run seeing their kids react how they did back in the day.  There's an old running story about kids hiding from Daleks behind the sofa; a tradition dating back over 50 years.

Back a few years ago, they had a "Fear Forecast" for each episode on the official BBC website.  That was a rating from a family of 4 kids, aged 5 to 12...or somewhere in that range.  The kids were scared during the episodes, but were ok afterwards, as I recall.  They did keep watching, after all.

I'd suggest that if your friend decides to allow it, make it a family affair.  And begin with either the start of the reboot "Rose", or with "The Eleventh Hour", the start of the Matt Smith run.  Both are good starting points for new viewers, but give a sense of the history of the character of the Doctor.

As an alternative, there's a spin-off series called "The Sarah Jane Adventures" that was designed for younger audiences.  Same universe, different characters...until the Doctor shows up a couple of times.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 4

I can't say more than already has been said ...

I will tell you this ... my 11 year old (at the time, she is 16 now) daughter introduced me to Doctor Who ... there are some episodes that can be a little scary, they were for me, but it's a kind of catch your breath scared instead of keep you up at night scared.

I am a DW fiend.  ::giggle::

• Love 1
(edited)

MOD NOTE:

Sorry for the way things turned out. As my way of apologizing, watch me open up a box of comics. :)

Don't apologize for being a villain, luck of the draw and all that. Grow a mustache and twirl it dastardly or a goatee that you can stroke with malicious arrogance. Embrace who you are.

Just a reminder to please refrain from all game related conversation during Night. 

Don_05e22a_1847932.jpg

We don’t want to have issue in-game penalties for rule breaking.

tumblr_n87atu4c6B1qeh4t2o1_r1_500.gif

Thanks,

CP & Silver

ETA:  There are no clues in this post.

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 5

Day 3

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Callisto stood to greet the sinister woman who had been shown to her quarters and spoke, “I keep my word” she told her as she revealed a small object. “Here is the Amazon trinket you requested in exchange for joining my cause” she smiled.
Alti eyes gleaned hungrily as reached out and took the object.
“One good deed deserves another, or should I say one bad deed” Callisto’s smile became a grin.
“What are you talking about?” Alti asked narrowing her eyes.
“Normally, I would want some demonstration of your power, but what you did to gain your freedom removed any doubts I may have had” she said. “However, what I’m really very pleased about is that you caused Xena pain in the process” she clapped her hands in delight. “It was absolutely delicious!”
“I wasn’t about to risk him taking this from me” Alti hissed, “I waited too long for this relic to come into my possession”
“He won’t be taking anything, from anyone, ever again” Callisto chuckled as she sat down.
Eager to be done with this deal and return to her own nefarious plans, Alti asked, “So, what is it you want from me?”
“All in good time. I’m expecting a few more guests, once they arrive all will be revealed” she explained.
As Alti turned to leave she was stopped when Ares materialised in front of her. “Not starting without me I hope” he smirked as he strolled over to Callisto.
“Ares, so good of you to join us” Callisto said as she offered him a goblet of wine.
“Oh, you know me, never one to miss a good old-fashioned revenge party” he smiled.
“I was just telling Alti here, that once everyone arrives, we can get down to business” she remarked.
Ares turned back to face Alti, “Yeah, I heard about that little trick you pulled. Nice work by the way” he complimented her.
“It was nothing more than a simple metamorphosis illusion” Alti shrugged.
He focused his attention back on Callisto, “Listen, I don’t have all day to stand around waiting. What is your plan? You want revenge on Xena, that much I know” he questioned her.
A cold, deadly grin spread across Callisto’s face, and she spoke slowly, “I want her dead.” she paused to gage Ares reaction to her words, then resumed, “But first she has to suffer; I want her to feel pain. Pain that she has never felt before.  I want her to feel the pain she made me feel” she continued.
“And how do you hope to do that?” Ares enquired, wanting to know her full plan.
“I’m going to take out Xena’s little friends one by one, starting with that pathetic Xena wannabe” she told him fervently. “I’m sure you’re up to the task” she challenged him.
“Like taking candy from a baby. I almost feel bad doing it…almost” he replied.
“How you do it is up to you, just come back here when it’s done. Our other allies should have arrived by then” she told him breezily.
“Consider it done” he answered, then disappeared.

Ares congratulated himself; “Everything’s going to plan so far. I have Callisto in my pocket. She’s so filled with venom she’s blinded to anything else. Now that I have this information, it’s the perfect time to pay Xena a visit. She’ll be grieving and I can work with that, grief does strange things to people. I can use that to draw out her anger, her desire for revenge, maybe even her dark side? I miss that Xena, she was like a force of nature; unstoppable, beautiful, ruthless and amoral. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to have that Xena back! My plan is flawless; either way I win. I’ll get Xena back or I’ll gain a new deadly ally”.

War, Good God Y’all

Xena and Gabrielle stood close to the grave in reverent silence, mourning the loss of their friend and companion. Joxer and Minya stood back a little out of respect for their grieving friends. “I know we didn’t really know him, but he seemed nice and he was a friend of Xena’s, which means he was a friend of mine too” Minya sadly told Joxer. Joxer attempted to agree, but instead cleared his throat and wiped away an inconspicuous tear. Argo quietly grazed on one side of the clearing, as Xena began to sing, her voice rose and fell in melodic tones as she performed the song of mourning.
After she finished singing, Gabrielle spoke softly, “Xena you mustn’t blame yourself” she touched Xena’s arm, “There’s no way any of us could have known, especially with all the confusion that was going on at the time. Autolycus would understand that”.
A silent fury had taken seed deep within Xena and she was tempted to allow it to blossom, but she kept her thoughts to herself and simply nodded in reply.
Her head abruptly whipped to the left, “Ares!  I know you’re here and I’m not in the mood for your games. Show yourself!” she shouted loudly.
Gabrielle looked around the clearing but saw nothing, “Xena, are you sure?”
“Sure I’m sure, I’d know his stench anywhere” Xena replied without a hint of uncertainty.
“Now, now, no need to be unpleasant, we’re all friends here” Ares placated, as he manifested and sauntered over to them, “I’m here to offer my sincere condolences”.
“Cut the crap, Ares” Xena spat at him, “You and I have known each other far too long for that lie to work” she bristled.
“Xena, Xena, Xena, always assuming the worst. I happen to care because I know you care and if it grieves you, it grieves me” he replied earnestly.
“What do you want Ares?  Don’t make me ask again” Xena warned.
“Fine. Okay. But between you and me” he stated, as he side-eyed Gabrielle and took Xena’s arm, pulling her to one side.
“Talk” Xena told him impatiently.
“You know I care about you, Xena; I want to help you” Ares soothed. Xena rolled her eyes.
“Thing is, I know that you would never allow the death of a friend to go un-avenged. I want you to think of me as your avenging Angel, or more specifically, god.” he smiled.
“Get to the point Ares” she menaced.
“The point, Xena, is this: I happen to know where the woman who murdered your friend is at this very moment” he informed her.
Xena pushed him back against a tree and with an arm across his throat demanded, “And where, exactly, is that?!”
“Calm down, I’m here to help remember! She’s at the camp of an old ‘friend’ of yours. You may not remember her, but she remembers you and she's extremely eager to meet you again. Her name is Callisto” he replied smoothly.
“How far is this camp?” she asked releasing him.
“Not too far. I can take you there and together we can finish them” he flashed her a grin.
“Why should I trust you? How do I know this isn’t some sort of trap?” she eyed him skeptically.
“I didn’t have to come here and tell you any of this; I could’ve let them continue with their plans. But no, I want to help you Xena, you know you’ve always been my favourite. Release the fury I know must dwell in your heart, punish those who would harm your friends, together we will show them no mercy, only death!” he enticed.
Xena regarded him for a moment before she replied, “No.  Ares, I know what you’re doing and it won’t work. I will have revenge on Alti, but my way, not yours. I’ll never be what you want me to be, ever again. So you may as well just stop trying”.
“You can’t blame a god for trying” he shrugged, “Oh well, I guess it’ll have to be the hard way then”.
He threw a ball of energy at Xena which she jumped clear of and drew her sword. Her three friends had been taken by surprise at the sudden display of violence and prepared to help Xena fight, “Stay back all of you!” Xena bellowed, “Let me handle this”.
She whistled for Argo, Xena knew she needed The Hind’s blood dagger. It was the one weapon she possessed that was capable of killing a god and Argo carried it in one of her saddlebags. Gabrielle screamed suddenly, “Minya look out!” as Ares sent a energy bolt in her direction. Minya ran and promptly tripped over a root, which meant the deadly bolt flew harmlessly over her head instead. Ares began to advance on Minya. Just as Xena had almost pulled the dagger free, Argo sensed the imminent danger to Minya and swiftly turned, which jerked the dagger from Xena’s hand and sent it flying through the air to land useless on the ground. Argo bolted and raced over to where Minya lay defenceless, her hooves kicked up clumps of turf as she dashed across the clearing. One hoof hit something metallic and cast it swiftly in the direction of Ares who had just released Minya’s fatal bolt. Argo darted in front of Minya to protect her and the bolt hit her instead. She screamed and reared up then collapsed. Xena followed close behind and her scream echoed that of her beloved horse, “NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
She rounded on Ares, ready to kill him then and there, for her fury had found a new target. But Ares wasn’t smirking triumphantly; instead he was on his knees staring at the dagger that protruded from his chest. Xena strode over to him, “You got what you deserved you bastard.  I will make sure that you go down in history as the god who was killed by a horse!” she screamed at him.
“Xena please, help me” Ares pleaded as he crumpled in the dirt. His final vision was of Xena, who’d ignored his plea, as she dashed over to where Argo lay. Her beautiful horse, snatched from her so cruelly, she saw that each limb lay unmoving. Kneeling beside her she felt for a pulse but was unable to find one.
Xena stroked Argo’s soft mane, “Rest now my beauty, you were the bravest companion I ever had” and she began to sob.

Tribute to Autolycus:

Tribute to Ares:

Tribute to Argo:

There are 2 clues in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a lynch is completed beforehand.

9 votes are required to complete a lynch.

Living players: Still in the hands of The Fates

• Drogo
• aquarian1
• Machiabelly
• Lisin
• Athena
• Jesse
• Hanged Man
• MarkHB
• caprice
• TJtrack99
• The Crazed Spruce
• egavasc
• Lady Calypso
• stacey
• yeswedo
• Dougal

Dead players: Gone to The Underworld

• Oinky Boinky - Autolycus - The King of Thieves
You are Autolycus the self-proclaimed "King of Thieves".  A master thief, a skilled fighter and a great escape artist, capable of escaping 200 chain locks in less than a night. You are often described as having 'a heart of gold'. You are good friends with Xena and Gabrielle, often accompanying them in their travels and aiding them in their endeavours, although they don't always fully trust you because of your devious nature.

• BizBuzz - Argo – Loyal Warhorse and Trusted Steed
You are Argo,  Xena’s palomino horse, a trusted steed of many years. You are extremely well trained and intelligent, always responding to Xena's whistled commands and clearly understanding everything she asks of you. You can sense danger, use martial arts, and issue instructions to other horses. You rarely allow anyone else to mount and ride on your strong back; this includes Gabrielle 99% of the time.

• SVNBob - Ares - God of War
You are Ares god of war. You are a fickle god and can be easily swayed from bad to good and back again. You are disliked by most of the Olympian gods. Despite the malevolent front you display, you can be surprisingly sympathetic and caring at times when it suits you. You have a love-hate relationship with Xena; your unrequited love for her is the driving force between you both. Since her redemption Xena's love for you is platonic at best which makes you crazy at times.

• Love 3

Mark's clearly an illiterate Villain.

So obviously Oinky's Night death was the result of her starting the DL on Spruce... but I'm a pretty mighty character so maybe I'll survive this, and maybe not:

1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Drogo), 8 to beat the dead horse

• Love 2

Noooooooooooooooooo not the horse!!!

As sad as I am that we lost Argo, she did take Ares out with her. Way to go, Biz!!

Drogo, before we get too excited about renewing the DL on Spruce, how about we have some discussion on possible clues? We've got plenty of time and we can always come back to the vote if we're not convinced by other arguments.

• Love 4

I'm okay with the vote taking all Day, but since starting it yesterday killed sweet heroic Oinky I want to make sure I'm the one to start it today.

*I'm a Hero but my gifts are extremely limited. I'll gladly lay my Mighty ass on the altar of sacrifice for my beloved warrior princesses.

• Love 2

I just realized- this means I was either right about the Anonymous vote (it was played mid-vote to deter the Heroes from continuing the Spruce DL) or it's quite possibly a Hero's second vote.  

• Love 2

Ares' description sounds Recruitable, his actions in the story sound Villainous.

Yeah, fair enough.

Any clues? I'm looking at "Like taking candy from a baby," but no idea where that would point. 

• Love 3

I am not entirely convinced that Bob was a villain and I also agree that he was recruitable. I don't know what the impetus was for him dying though, I see nothing in his description or BizzBuzz's that suggest night actions.

Haven't re-read the story for clues yet, there is a game on.

• Love 3

OOC do we get  the full description of the character in their obituary?

Mod Note:

This mafia game will have a Limited Reveal on dead players; that is to say that only the dead players’ bio will be posted, not, their abilities or alignment. All abilities and alignments will be revealed in the recap once the game ends.

Thinking about it...

If we're DL'ing Spruce, further gametalk just gives the Villains a heads up on who to protect Tomorrow.

I vote to lock this up and save the clue discussion for next Day.

• Love 2

Thinking about it...

If we're DL'ing Spruce, further gametalk just gives the Villains a heads up on who to protect Tomorrow.

I vote to lock this up and save the clue discussion for next Day.

I agree with Drogo and I missed the last DL so I'm voting now. I have a couple thoughts from the new story but I'll save them for the next Day.

2 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Drogo, yeswedo), 7 to beat the dead horse

• Love 3

I agree with Drogo and I missed the last DL so I'm voting now. I have a couple thoughts from the new story but I'll save them for the next Day.

Since we still have 12 hours in Day, please share those thoughts. Some of us are notoriously terrible at finding clues.

• Love 3

The problem with delaying conversation about this until the next day is that there will be 2 more stories to diagnose and we may not get back to this day and its clues.

The word angel was strangely capitalized in my opinion. But I didn't see any connection with angel to one of our names. 

Also I thought killed by horse for some reason stood out so I looked into killed by horse and yes there is a wiki page on horse accidents, no I didn't see any that stood out and pointed at one of us, and finally the last entry can not be unread. EWWWW.

However, I don't want time to fly and Spruce not be brought to justice.

3 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Drogo, yeswedo, HM), 6 to have nothing to do with a horse.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3

The word angel was strangely capitalized in my opinion. But I didn't see any connection with angel to one of our names. 

Yeah, that made me go to Buffy, which didn't take me anywhere useful!

Anyway, I'm in: 

4 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Drogo, yeswedo, HM, Jesse), 5 to AIYIYIYI

• Love 3

Yeah, I got nothing. Please if you think you've spotted something speak up soon. 

6 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Drogo, yeswedo, HM, Jesse, saoirse, egavasc), 3 to spread the love amongst the living.

• Love 3