Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

CuriousParker and I are moderating the next (Xena) mafia game, for which we are currently prepping (this has been a work in progress since well before christmas). I'm pleased to report that we are almost but not quite ready.

However, (and perhaps more importantly) this being CP's first time as a game mod, I feel it only fair to warn you all that this lady is not the sweet girl you believe her to be; she is savage and blood thirsty <scared>. So gird your loins, hold onto to your hats, sharpen your swords, wash behind your ears, put some clean underwear on, assume crash positions and tighten your woggles; in short - Be prepared!!

• Love 4
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you haven't sharpened your underwear you'll be good xD

If it's going to be all that scary, I was figuring on just leaving them off....

On the contrary, Mark, I believe that's what the ladies call an upper. 

Low-hanging fruit there, Drogo. ;)

• Love 4

Silverstormm and I will be posting the intro and start the sign-ups tomorrow.  I may or may not have had a slight panic attack when I found out PF's & Biz's mafia game was over.  Silver calmed me down and now I'm just excited!

**Wonders how to spell Xena's battle cry**

This is Xena mafia… “You know where I’m headed, there’ll be trouble”.

We, the game mods, would like to draw your attention to the following important announcements:

There will be a few differences in this mafia game; most notably we are including a new time of day – TWILIGHT.

• Twilight takes place between Day ending and Night falling. Game conversation may continue during Twilight, Night will fall when the Night story is posted, at which point you should head to the bar and all gameplay conversation must cease. During the Twilight period you may not change your mind about any lynch vote you have or haven’t participated in. Certain actions must take place during Twilight (this will be clear in your PM if affected).

• This mafia game will have a Limited Reveal on dead players; that is to say that only the dead players’ bio will be posted, not, their abilities or alignment. All abilities and alignments will be revealed in the recap once the game ends.

• Please note that all deadlines will be strictly enforced during this game without exception.

• There will be no Day extensions during this game so if you want to vote on a lynch make sure you do not miss the deadline.

• Hero and Villain win conditions:

• Heroes win when all villains are vanquished.

• Villains win when all heroes are killed.

Pre-game schedule:

• All PM’s will be sent out on Saturday 23rd
• Day 1 story will be posted on Monday 25th provided that all players have checked in, by posting in topic that they received their PM

Without further ado, welcome to Xena Mafia!

• Love 5

Hmmm... That blows

But the "I told you, but did you listen?" award will go to Hanged Man, who realized almost from the beginning that the egavasc DL was not what it seemed, and in fact he threw out the idea that SVNBob might be a villain.

My colossal genius often goes to waste.

I know nothing about Xena other than Lucy Lawless is in it. I wonder if I can binge watch it all between now and Friday

1. Drogo
2. Aquarian1
3. Machiabelly
4. Lisin
5. BizBuzz
6. Athena
7. Jesse

8. The Hanged Man

• Love 3

I know nothing about Xena other than Lucy Lawless is in it. I wonder if I can binge watch it all between now and Friday

You do have until next Monday to binge it.  Personally, I feel that 7 seasons, of 22-24 episodes each season, is totally doable.    Give it a shot and see how good you are.  :)

6 Seasons totaling 134 Episodes

44 minutes apiece

that's 5896 minutes of Xenaness

/60

98.26 hours

or 4 solid days of TV in the next 208 hours or so (assuming the game starts at 6:00 am Monday January 25; of course Hulu will throw in the odd commercial so that will take up some time)

Hmmm I am not scheduled to visit clients next week, so I can work from home. I have a couple of vague social things that will chew some time, I can delay one. We will see.

OF course I started Season 1 Epi 1 when I started writing this post, so HA! I am already 5 minutes in.

Edited by Hanged Man

@Hanged Man, I forgot to tell you that the 7th season was only in my imagination.  heh.  Also?  I love a man that accepts a challenge.  Enjoy, it's a fun show.

SS I love the setup for the next game.

What am I chopped liver?

Since Silver has refused to come to my defense, I'll toot my own horn.  The new set up was my idea.

So there!  ***Blows raspberry and stomps off to pout***

What am I chopped liver?

Since Silver has refused to come to my defense, I'll toot my own horn.  Some of the new set up was my idea.

Wut, I thought we were a team CP... I'm crushed. 

ETA: Also you forgot to add a couple of words to your post - FTFY.

• Love 4

What am I chopped liver?

Since Silver has refused to come to my defense, I'll toot my own horn. Most of the new set up was my idea.

So there! ***Blows raspberry and stomps off to pout***

Wut, I thought we were a team CP... I'm crushed. 

ETA: Also you forgot to add a couple of words to your post - FTFY.

Fixed your mistake.

Also, Silver and I joke "hard" sometimes. She's my buddy.

I for one am glad to have a week before our next game. It's going to take at least that long to finish my latest fresco, entitled "The Equally Awesome Awesomeness of CP and SS."

• Love 5

1. Drogo

2. Aquarian1

3. Machiabelly

4. Lisin

5. BizBuzz

6. Athena

7. Jesse

8. The Hanged Man

9.  MarkHB

10. Oinky Boinky

11. caprice

I don't think this show is historically accurate...

What was your first clue?

If I remember Bob starting the DL on Egavasc was to promote the idea he was a hero being blackmailed.

Well, I totally fell for it. Nicely played, villains!
  • Love 4
  • Drogo
  • Aquarian1
  • Machiabelly
  • Lisin
  • BizBuzz
  • Athena
  • Jesse
  • The Hanged Man
  • MarkHB
  • Oinky Boinky
  • caprice
  • SVNBob

And if y'all want to try/playtest One Night Werewolf while we're waiting for next Monday, I'll use this same list minus myself for the first round/game.

If I remember Bob starting the DL on Egavasc was to promote the idea he was a hero being blackmailed.

Technically, it was to promote the idea that I was a hero being blackmailed into voting for another hero, thus "clearing" both egavasc and myself.  Only Hanged Man seemed to pick up the incongruity of the result.  Considering his role...well matched.

• Love 3
And if y'all want to try/playtest One Night Werewolf while we're waiting for next Monday, I'll use this same list minus myself for the first round/game.

Silver and I had the same amount of input on this (hee):

This would be a great idea for the time after sign-ups are closed on Friday until the 1st story is up on Monday. 

You could send a group PM to the people listed on the sign up sheet and have them answer you in the PM as to whether or not they want to play.

1. Drogo
  2. Aquarian1
  3. Machiabelly
  4. Lisin
  5. BizBuzz
  6. Athena
  7. Jesse
  8. The Hanged Man
  9. MarkHB
  10. Oinky Boinky
  11. caprice
  12. SVNBob
  13. TJtrack99

Who are we kidding, I'm totally in. Even if the only thing about Xena that I know is that it's apparently about lesbians. And that Lucy Lawless had great bit parts on Agents of SHIELD and Parks and Rec.

• Love 2

1. Drogo
  2. Aquarian1
  3. Machiabelly
  4. Lisin
  5. BizBuzz
  6. Athena
  7. Jesse
  8. The Hanged Man
  9. MarkHB
  10. Oinky Boinky
  11. caprice
  12. SVNBob
  13. TJtrack99

Who are we kidding, I'm totally in. Even if the only thing about Xena that I know is that it's apparently about lesbians. And that Lucy Lawless had great bit parts on Agents of SHIELD and Parks and Rec.

CP and I are firm believers that there is no lesbian subtext in Xena, they're just best friends. They both have boyfriends at various points so yeah, no lesbian, sorry to disappoint but that will not be a part of our stories lol :p 

• Love 2

What am I chopped liver?

Since Silver has refused to come to my defense, I'll toot my own horn.  The new set up was my idea.

I LOVE CHOPPED LIVER!!!

and thank you

• Love 2

1. Drogo
  2. Aquarian1
  3. Machiabelly
  4. Lisin
  5. BizBuzz
  6. Athena
  7. Jesse
  8. The Hanged Man
  9. MarkHB
  10. Oinky Boinky
  11. caprice
  12. SVNBob
  13. TJtrack99
  14. The Crazed Spruce

CP and I are firm believers that there is no lesbian subtext in Xena, they're just best friends. They both have boyfriends at various points so yeah, no lesbian, sorry to disappoint but that will not be a part of our stories lol :p

Yeah, like we're gonna let a silly thing like facts stop us... :)

• Love 3

Also, she was the evil boss on No Ordinary Family!

• Love 2
Technically, it was to promote the idea that I was a hero being blackmailed into voting for another hero, thus "clearing" both egavasc and myself.  Only Hanged Man seemed to pick up the incongruity of the result.

Since I am somewhat new at mafia I wasn't even conceptually aware that blackmailing was a power. So therefore getting a villain right off the bat seemed really bizarre and improbable.

• Love 2