Type keyword(s) to search

Xena: Warrior Princess Mafia

• Start Topic

So let's see ... 36 hours from 6:30am (central) this morning is when this "day" ends ... that means 6:30pm Tuesday evening.

I am sure most discussion will happen overnight ... when I am not around.  I don't want anyone fooled into believing that just because I am quiet at night means that I am guilty of anything.

Just sayin'...

Dang it's been quiet in here today ...

• Love 1
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...nothing stood out to me in that story, so I don't have much to add.

I guess this is mostly straight from the pilot? Watching it side by side might be helpful, but I don't think I can do that tonight.

• Love 2

Sorry! I am also a hero, and also am kind of terrible at finding clues this early. I've just come in from finally (FINALLY) freeing my car and then my husband built a race track for the puppy since he was getting stir crazy. So, to reiterate Lisin = hero, just a busy one who only just was able to comment. 

• Love 2

Read the story. Watched the video. Think I love her but that fighting is a little cheesy. 

Only thing that jarred me in the story was this....

'You've already started. You saved that baby” he told her.

What baby? 

How do you save a baby? you don't throw out the bath water. Crib, playpen, Car Seat - CS Crazed Spruce.   

That's it, all I got. 

Drogo I like your Mac Be clue but the clues are always so obscure it is kind of hopeless. 

• Love 2

I was thinking anagrams, and I found a good website, but then I was distracted because my RL name anagrams to Ornament Riots.  And caprice anagrams to Ice Crap. We're like the terrible ideas Dr. Seuss came up with before he landed on "The Grinch."

I don't remember her saving a baby either, Oinky.  Where's this saved baby?

Here's the most famous "saved baby" I know of:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_McClure

jessicamcclure1.jpg

...Jessica/jesse?

• Love 3

The saved baby line definitely stuck out to me, but I'm not really sure I buy either of the potential clue pointees (this made sense in my head but I'm not sure it makes sense typed?). But I love all the people too much to risk sacrificing an innocent on Day 1. 

• Love 2

There was also the baby that did not get cut in half. 

Bible - brain not working. Abraham?

I should start googling stuff instead of trying to find it in the hoarder brain I own. 

Solomon didn't cut the baby in half. If anyone could sort out where that could point, it could be something? 

• Love 2

I see no clues, which is not a surprise. For the most part the clues embedded in stories are so obscure and impossible to find they lead to more hero lynchings than villain lynchings.

I have nothing to add except the usual, I am a hero. Also at this point in the game my character can contribute nothing to the conversation either.

All that I can say for sure is that Silverstormm is British or that her word processor of choice is set to Traditional English(Great Britain).

• Love 2
(edited)

All that I can say for sure is that Silverstormm is British or that her word processor of choice is set to Traditional English(Great Britain).

Guilty as charged, I am in fact, English :p

Mod Note: There are no clues in this post.

Edited by SilverStormm
Because clarity is good!
  • Love 2

I am definitely a hero, and when was it you were right about me, Drogo? Because I was a hero in the Sherlock game.

When you were a Werewolf. (Of the 3 claimed Villagers I said only Bob could be trusted.)

But those games are over, and if another Curious Case of the Dog in the Nighttime comes up I'm pointing that sucker right at you, Wolfie. No shame. Team Edward.

I don't believe I'm too long for the world in this game, though... I've had too good of a streak so far. Sooooo, I'm sharing every idea I have on D1 in case I get offed tonight- in the hopes of helping my favorite warrior princess and her cute friends.

• Love 1

I've read the story numerous times. All I've got at this point is harebrained idea to just preemptively DL @SVNBob, because...well...because?

I will admit, I didn't watch Xena, so I'm relying heavily on those who have to help interpret. If the stuff about babies stick out to others, I'm not seeing a link to anyone at this point.

• Love 2
I guess this is mostly straight from the pilot?

From what I remember, since I watched both Herc and Xena when they originally aired...but haven't since, is that the section called Redemption Road, including the video clip, is from the pilot of Xena.  Warrior Princess is Born, including the baby, is from her appearances on Hercules that led up to the Xena spin-off.  And everything before that was revealed during the series in flashbacks.

stacey, DL me?  What have I done that would warrant that?

• Love 2

I watched the first Xena episode last night and also read a bit on Wikipedia. Given that I am a first-timer and don't really know what I'm looking for, these may be a stretch but I'll throw them out there.

• Mention of Xena's crucifixion made me think of Jesus so… jesse
  • The villain in the first episode, who is a former colleague of Xena's, is named Draco so… Drogo
  • And Ares is Athena's brother
  • Love 2

• The villain in the first episode, who is a former colleague of Xena's, is named Draco so… Drogo

For a first timer, these are pretty good ...

I thought I would wake up to either someone starting something, or more discussion ... but alas.  I don't have a lot of computer time today (mostly attached to my phone) so I will do what i consider the "safe" thing:

1 to No DL (BizBuzz), 10 to wait a bit at the starting line

• Love 1

Warrior Princess is Born, including the baby, is from her appearances on Hercules that led up to the Xena spin-off.  And everything before that was revealed during the series in flashbacks.

stacey, DL me?  What have I done that would warrant that?

I'm certain stacey was joking about a pre-emptive strike against you Bob,

a little callback to that time you f**ked us on Day 1 in the Sherlock game.

The thing that bugs about the baby is, why would Hercules say it?  It didn't happen in the Story so it sticks out like a sore thumb, but since I don't have any really good ideas about it, I'm probably down to join Biz's No-DL vote before Day's end if nothing good comes along. 

I say probably because I hate! the No-DL days and I'm thirsty for a Hero victory after these last 2 games... but someone with more smarts than me will have to explain the probabilities.  This game is different than the others I've been in, in that we have to kill all of the Villains or they have to kill all of us.  They're going to definitely kill one of us each night, unless we have some nice clairvoyant Protector/s.. so does it make sense to take a shot even on the little we have?   Maybe.

• Love 2

I watched the first Xena episode last night and also read a bit on Wikipedia. Given that I am a first-timer and don't really know what I'm looking for, these may be a stretch but I'll throw them out there.

Nice try, friend, but Ares is a major and prominent character on the show. He was going to show up any way. Since this show has Greek gods as characters, my name does not really give things away.

In any case, I'm a hero. Xena is on the right path to stop hate and desires. I'm really bad at looking for clues too and there is not enough to go on the first Day any way.

2 to No DL (BizBuzz, Athena), 8 to go down to Hades.

• Love 2

Ok just to get some ideas thrown out and to start a discussion, which I like because it gives everyone information, there are occasions in the story of the word Roman not being capitalized.
This could point to players whose names are not capitalized: aquarian1, jesse, caprice, egavasc, stacey, and yeswedo
It could also mean that the author follows the Chicago Manual of Style, which allows for lower casing roman in certain circumstances instead of Webster’s which would always capitalize Roman.

Also since the character Athena appears in the show, the player Athena is either going to be held in constant suspicion since every clue could point to her or we double-bluff ourselves into never being suspicious of her.

• Love 2

Athena!  Be nice to our new comrade. 

yeswedo Draco is a villainouis character on the show and not mentioned in the Story, and I'm a Mighty Hero and don't ever do that again. 

• Love 1

Here is a rough list of characters that could be appearing

Xena
Gabrielle
Joxer
Callisto
Julius Ceaser
Ares
Eve
Meg
Diana
Aphrodite
Borias
Ephiny
Cyrene
Autolycus
Atropos
Cupid
Jett
Athena
Hope

Bacchus

By all means feel free to add to this list. I watched the series in a week and many characters and details were forgotten as soon as the next episode started

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 2

Man, I wished I watched Xena, so that I could easily find something useful. Alas, Xena has barely been a blip on my radar. Anyway, I like what people have presented, but not enough to actually act upon it. Since I never like doing DLs on the first day, I'll stick to my (mostly) tradition of voting for a non DL.

3 to No DL (BizBuzz, Athena, Lady Calypso), 7 to bring snacks whilst we wait

• Love 2

Hanged Man, which of those are good or bad?  Also, Autolycus just came up in the Wordsmith word-a-day email, because autolycan was the day's word. I really would have thought it was turning yourself into a werewolf, but apparently not!

Also, I had to post to double-check, but my user name is capitalized!

Edited by Jesse
  • Love 2

It could also mean that the author follows the Chicago Manual of Style, which allows for lower casing roman in certain circumstances instead of Webster’s which would always capitalize Roman.

The more you know! 

From what I remember, since I watched both Herc and Xena when they originally aired...but haven't since, is that the section called Redemption Road, including the video clip, is from the pilot of Xena.  Warrior Princess is Born, including the baby, is from her appearances on Hercules that led up to the Xena spin-off.  And everything before that was revealed during the series in flashbacks.

If the baby is plot point, I rescind my notions that it seems clue like. I checked out a couple of episodes but not the pilot so i have no idea. 

Anyone else think it's weird Oinky isn't pushing for a D1 David Lynch? Maybe she's just busy and not posting as much and that's why. I don't think that I think that's villainous as it's a huge risk for heroes to DL day one given that we typically take out one of our own (and if we do take out a villain, it's likely the result of a villainous plot; see Sherlock), but it does seem odd. 

4 to No DL (BizBuzz, Athena, Lady Calypso, egavasc), 7 to love all the people

• Love 2

Anyone else think it's weird Oinky isn't pushing for a D1 David Lynch? Maybe she's just busy and not posting as much and that's why. I don't think that I think that's villainous as it's a huge risk for heroes to DL day one given that we typically take out one of our own (and if we do take out a villain, it's likely the result of a villainous plot; see Sherlock), but it does seem odd. 

Hmmmm ... what a great observation ... not one I had thought of today ... OB does seem to be bridled a bit today ... hmmmmm ... 

The time is getting close for the end of the "day" ... not a lot of action today, hmmmm again ...

• Love 1

Well I was at work. You all know how I feel about no DL and it is like banging my head to reiterate it.
No DL leaves the town exactly where they started and I would like you to think about the towns lack of ability to get a DL done in Sherlock and how that served you.
I have been debating about getting into all that again or whether to lie low. That works as opposed to what I do and get killed right out of the gate.
In any case I think we have run out of time.

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 2

As someone else who hasn't seen the show, thanks for the character list, HM. (You left off at least one Hero, though - my character!)

And I'll just chime in to say that I don't really see any clues (need more stories for that to happen), but I'm fairly certain the baby isn't one. Poking around the wiki a bit, it seems that the baby was in the lead-up to Xena spinning off of Hercules. Seems like both shows may be used in this game? It's hard to say. Hopefully we can find out more with some more stories and discussion.

• Love 2

Interesting - I just went through the discussion to check for non contributing flying under the radar types and the only one who has not posted is Crazed Spruce. 

That is kind of impressive.

You all will have your no DL. I'm not voting for it. The villains love the no DL- it's one more day to get a leg up on us. 

I am a hero. I hope I last long enough to be helpful.

Whoever is protecting and you don't know who to protect - you may be happy you protected me. I know there are more important heroes to guard. My ability is really useless right now, going to take a few days to be of any benefit but I would like it to ripen.

• Love 3

You know I had a fairly bad day at work. It started in tears. Tears that maybe have happened 2 or 3 times in 40 years and usually take a few hours to develop.  There's no excuse. I don't even have hormones anymore. Sheeesh. 

I contributed yesterday. I'm trying to help. For anyone who thinks I was too quiet - well there you go. 

• Love 2

You know I had a fairly bad day at work. It started in tears. Tears that maybe have happened 2 or 3 times in 40 years and usually take a few hours to develop.  There's no excuse. I don't even have hormones anymore. Sheeesh. 

I contributed yesterday. I'm trying to help. For anyone who thinks I was too quiet - well there you go.

OB that sucks. I'm so sorry you had an awful day at work. Crying at work is never fun. You've got a friend in your corner. Never fear.

• Love 4

6 to No DL (BizBuzz, Athena, Lady Calypso, egavasc, Drogo, Machiabelly), 5 to hope tomorrow comes for us all

I did that wrong, but 6 is the right count. I am a hero, not number counting guy.

Edited by Machiabelly
  • Love 1

Final Vote: 

6 to No DL (BizBuzz, Athena, Lady Calypso, egavasc, Drogo, Machiabelly), 4

DavidLynch was not reached.

Day has ended and Twilight has begun.  You now have 12 hours to submit your Twilight actionsYou may continue any game discussion until the Night story is posted.

Personal Note:

Sorry you had a bad day Oinky.  The rest of the week will be better.

Twilight - can anyone explain what this is other than we can still talk about the game while we wait for night?  

Thanks Drogo.

I do quotes of the day on my FB page. Friends really liked 3 of the voices in my head want to sleep, the 4th one wants to know if penguins have knees' 

I may steal the 22 is the new 12. 

• Love 2

The 12 hr deadline for submitting Twilight actions has now passed. However, the Twilight period will continue until the Night story is posted. Therefore, feel free to continue any game discussion(s) until that happens.

Oinky,

Although Twilight means game discussion may continue, it is of more use as a behind the scenes game mechanic. Some players have actions that must take place during the 12 hour Twilight window, which, in turn, can affect Night actions. 

My personal reason for suggesting the twilight period in the 1st place was because I was getting frustrated as a player. There have been several times that a lynch has gone through before I even had a chance to process my thoughts, much less get them to the thread.  Without Twilight, I was out of luck.  Now, even if a lynch is completed in 5 minutes and Day ends, you have at least 12 hours  guaranteed to share your thoughts.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone have any further thoughts on the story? I did notice the capitalization thing mentioned by HM but I'm not sold on it... though I suppose if we have an investigator they could investigate a non-capitalized player... I don't know. I DO like the twilight option because I like the idea of being able to have game talk after a lynch and before the Night story. 

• Love 2